Threads of reality

Moderator: Thunt

Forum rules
Forum games go here.

Re: Threads of reality

Postby BurnsBees on Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:13 pm

SIGH These guys inside of the temple of their diety are not intellegent enough to have a reasonable conversation with and I will have to force myself to go down to their level, something I am not very fond of doing, as you group of goblins are aware and I am just communicating it to you in your head because I wish to do so."...Nevermind. What does this deity that is not of my own represent and what purpose do you have worship him and what sorts of various rituals do you preform?"
SPOILERS:I'll shorten CnP's speaking so that you can understand him. I was basically talking about the mage's tower.
Beware of the ducks with bombs. They know who you are and they are out to get you.
BurnsBees
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby ArcticTornado on Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:12 am

Dares, you do realise that if you lose this hand you can't win? I can sort of see why you might just hope that nobody plays above a four, but it seems a bit risky, especially since two other players are probably in the same situation as you (but they'd be saving any cards above seven). Your best bet is probably to just play the six, even though the reward is slightly worse if you win compared to winning with a four.

"Ok, that sounds reasonable. What's your name, and what do you need me to do?" Bluff will get to work at the herbalists', and try to learn new recipes and how to use ingredients and stuff.
Chief Gets to the Chopper
2/6 HP :: 0/12 Inf
4 Atk :: 5 Def

Inverted Luck
ATK: 4-6 (+2 Brakeblade, +1 Thief Blade, +0/+1 Thief Armor (25%), +0/+1 Short Blade Specialty (50%))
DEF: 6-7(+1 Goblin, +1 Thief Armor, +1 Thick Skin, +0/+1 Leather Helm (50%), +1 Iron Bracer, +1 Iron Bracer)
HP: 5/5
Pack: Very Pointy Pencil, 78 gold pieces, Leather Armor, Dagger, Challenge Note, Random Book, Short Rope
Abilities: Renew (+1 HP, Major Action, touch), Lady Luck (double % chance to most items/abilities, passive).
ArcticTornado
Keenspot Despot

Postby Godbot on Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:16 am

Born wasn't really expecting a play, but all right. Rather than prance about waving a sign that says come to this unnamed human's also-unnamed store, he'll single out unusual, adventurer-looking people and try to convince them personally. If he finds a group and gets them interested, he'll accompany them back to the store, to try and ensure a sale.

He'll also look to see if the arena has some sort of schedule for today.
Threads of Reality
Born and Raised - Lvl 1 Ranger (7/10 EXP)
HP:3/5 ATT:3 (1+2) DEF:3 (2+1)
Godbot
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby m0rtimer on Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:27 am

Turn 12.3

SPOILERS:Yeah, you kind of got crap cards, considering the fact that your luck did apply.

All four players put their cards on the table:

Dares: 4
Player 1: 7
Player 2: 7
Player 3: 3

Tie! All cards are discarded. As player three still has a face up seven, he gets to go first. He plays the 7.

Final turn:

Dares: 6
Player 1: 6
Player 2: 3
Player 3: 7

Player 3 wins the game, and claims his prize of 20 gold.

(Dares still has an minor action left for the next turn now, if he wishes to spend it with talking to one of the gamblers/innkeeper etc.)
ME JAM STICK IN STONE. ME CREATE LEVER.

goblin heroes - Completed
threads of reality - in progress
m0rtimer
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Godbot on Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:18 pm

SPOILERS:So he didn't even have a chance of winning? Forget this game, Sticks - you're wasting time and money. If you want something to do, you could always help me find some people to direct to that ointment joint, to see if we can't earn a little money for some better supplies.

Besides, we can always play this game for free with Bluff's deck of cards.
Threads of Reality
Godbot
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby m0rtimer on Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:30 pm

Godbot wrote:
SPOILERS:So he didn't even have a chance of winning? Forget this game, Sticks - you're wasting time and money. If you want something to do, you could always help me find some people to direct to that ointment joint, to see if we can't earn a little money for some better supplies.

Besides, we can always play this game for free with Bluff's deck of cards.

SPOILERS:Oh, he could certainly win. Though not anymore from a certain point. Looking back, he would have done better first throwing his 4 first, yadda yadda... But there isn't any real way of knowing just what the enemy will do, so it's more luck then anything else, with just a little bit of strategy.

m0rtimer
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby PicksUpSticks on Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:20 pm

Picks The Plan

So for someone wanting to learn some fighting techniques, should I just try to watch the.fights from somewhere close? Or should is there somewhere I can go before or after the fights?

Picks enters the arena as soon as it opens, trying to meet the goblin prisoner before the fight starts.
Threads of Reality
Picks The Plan - Goblin Warrior
Level 1
Tower Game
Zombie Picks Up Sticks - Zombie Shaman
Cantrips/Inflict - 1 | Debuff/Buff - 2 | Suggestion - 3
Clan Rampage
Breaks A Leg - Goblin Knee Basher
Alive and stupid.
Goblin Heroes- PicksUpSticks - Completed
PicksUpSticks
Keenspot Despot

Postby RandomMerc on Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:37 pm

Well, although cabbage does sound nice, I'd actually like it to amplify magic. Just arcane for now, but if you could teach me, I'd like to learn how to enchant and change the enhancement of the stone.
I already know this rubbish. Why do you ask what we already know?
This is a signature.

One Winner of the Arena Slaves (GetAwayIWanttoBeAlone) and Goblin Heroes (Killsafriend)

Runs Into Koalas: Attack: 1 Def: 2(+1 Poisoned Barrel Lid), Health: 5/5
Destroys Nations: Attack: 2(+1 Rusty Sword), Def: 2(+1 Wooden Shield), Health: 4/4. Spells: Magic Missile(Deals 2 MDmg)
RandomMerc
Keenspot Despot

Postby SlamsWithSticks on Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:16 am

Dares figures he might as well engage himself in some friendly banter while gambling. Or interrogation or whatever.

"So who are you people?"
"What's that you drink?"
"What's the talk of the town recently?"
"Are there any other goblins in the city? I've heard about this Dies-Unfairly in the arena. Do you know anything about him.. or her?"
"So, I guess that's is that. That was easy money for you.. I really liked this game. Shame I can't afford to play another.."
Dares Devils, goblin berserker. Threads of reality
Lvl1 berserker. M. 8/10 EXP
HP: 5/5 ATT:3+used weapon DEF:3

Grace of Maglubiyet. Curse of Gold
Last in Lina. Clan Rampage
SlamsWithSticks
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby m0rtimer on Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:37 am

Well, today's supposed to be update day again, but even with the work I had allready done, I'm not sure if I can get it done on time. :-? I'll try though.

m0rtimer
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Godbot on Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:23 am

Would it make your job easier if we wrote more and gave our characters more to say? Or alternatively, if we wrote less and left all the writing up to you, to better accommodate what you want to happen?
Threads of Reality
Godbot
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby m0rtimer on Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:27 am

It wouldn't make much difference honestly. If you wrote more, I would have an easier time with copy pasting what you guys say, but I'd have to type up more in the reply to that, and the other way around. But honestly, you don't have to adjust your actions jsut to make life easier for me. If you have a long post, a summary would be appreciated for me to know what you want to do in general, but that's basically it. The fact that I happen to be in a busy period shouldn't change anything.
(And with busy, I now mean as in have a big day tommorow. I can easily keep up the once each two days schedule if there isn't anything major happening.)

m0rtimer
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby m0rtimer on Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:58 am

Day 1, Turn 13

Studies Everything He Can Get His Hands On
"That's interesting as well! I need to test this stuff. I might need more mana stones though."
"Please be silent."
"Sorry."

Studies scurries up a LOT of stairs- passing more libraries, a reading hall (well, that would probably have been more inviting then some crude chairs), a storage room, meeting halls, headmasters office, discussion halls, some crazy guys room, combat testing... Finally, arcane testing. Your pretty sure that what your gonna try falls under that.
His belief is confirmed, entering a room filled with many contraptions, more often then not with at least one mana stone attached to them. A small group of wizards sit in the corner, apparently all staring down a whole bunch of notes. Anyways, a perfect time to try this!

Studies tries to channel the energy of a magic missile into the mana stone on top of his staff.

He ends up firing a magic missile instead.

Luckily for him, his staff somehow remains unscratched. Probably because the blast didn't get a full impact. And maybe because the staff somehow absorbed just a little bit of the energy? Anyways, even if it did, it doesn't seem to have any effect. So all in all, nothing bad happened, right?

"This isn't a combat magic floor lad! We have some delicate stuff up here!"
"Sorry! I was just trying out enchanting..."
"Hmph. Your not gonna achieve much by casting magic missiles at it."
"Well, got any advice on what I should do then?"
"How do I say this... You have to try casting inside the stone. That might take a few tries. Your best of going back to the combat floors until you get the hang of that. But even then, your not going to have much use of it."
"Why not?"
"Magic missile is an actual completed spell. You wouldn't make that staff any more powerful, you'd create a staff that anyone could use to cast weak magic missiles, with limited use. Might be worth some coin, true, but why'd you need it if you can cast magic missiles on your own?"
"I... See. Anyways, is there some scrying pool within this tower."
"The headmaster got a scrying pool. But I'm not sure if he'll allow you to use it."

Cut and paste
"...Nevermind. What does this deity that is not of my own represent and what purpose do you have worship him and what sorts of various rituals do you preform?"
"Asatun, our god, is the representative of "the ultimate goal". A world of eternal peace, in which all can live together. No more hate, but friendship and love."
"... Sadly, this is an unreachable goal. Nature itself is known to be too cruel to ever achieve such a perfect world. But it remains our ideal, something we strife to do each day."
"And what kind of rituals do you do then?"
"There's a ceremony twice a day, where we praise to Asatun, and preach and call upon the people of the world to see the light. Afterwards, for those who wish, there is a meal. A service to the lesser fortunates of the cities. Besides that, we provide healing to all those who need it."
"There's the occasional feast as well ofcourse, in which the whole city particaptes in. In lesser or greater quantities. The day of giving seems to be getting more popular by the year. But none of those will be happening for quite a while I'm afraid."

One-bluff-too-many
"Ok, that sounds reasonable. What's your name, and what do you need me to do?"
"Good, your hired. The name's Valence, and you are?"
"One-bluff-too-many."
"Oh. You goblins have funny names. Anyways, just stand back for now. Pay attention to the things I do. Try to get a hang of the basics."

Bluff does just that. Waiting and watching. Your not going to try and bother keeping track of any possible recipies for now- You don't recognize any of the ingredients the person is using, and even if you did somehow still manage to remember them, you wouldn't know what kind of effect the potion would have unless you ask, and your pretty sure that's not what this guy has in mind.

In each case, whilst your not learning any new recipies just yet, you are learning bits about herblore. For starters, all ingredients are first prepared seperately- Each ingredient into their respective vial. If the ingredient doesn't contain any sap to use, add some water to make it solute a bit. Try to make each ingredient as fine as possible. Depending on what kind of ingredient we are talking about, you cut or crush, try to squeeze out the juice of the plant or herb if possible...

"You think your starting to get the basics?"
"Yea. Yea, I think so."
"Okay. I'll let you try something simple in a bit."

Not much later, Valence presents to you two seperate ingredients- one of which you recognize: Healing cap! The other one however, is unknown to you. It seems to be some kind of yellowish, curled leaf.
"Vignor cap and curled root, when combined, make a quite potent healing potion. I trust that you know enough to be able to do this."

Destroys Nations
"Well, although cabbage does sound nice, I'd actually like it to amplify magic."
"What an odd request! Why would one ever want to bestow upon these precious baubles something of that kind? Oh, I will never understand."
"Yeah. Just arcane for now, but if you could teach me, I'd like to learn how to enchant and change the enhancement of the stone."
"Alas! If your wish is truly to bestow such a curse upon that poor stone, who am I to not help in not doing such a thing?"
"I already know this rubbish. Why do you ask what we already know?"
"Again with that voice! Whispers of my long lost aubergine? Or sweet whispers of madness, luring me into the depths?"
"Crazy."
"Hahaha! Anyways! Mysteries of the arcane, onefold! Hold on just a moment-"

After Thorvak looking for something for another five minutes, he finally finds the litte mana stone he wanted- Then promptly hands it to you.

"You look for pure, unrefined arcane magic boy, contained within that one stone! But alas, you never felt something of such beauty before. You only refined it's vileness into an form capable of affecting the world around you- Yet you don't feel the wonder hanging in the air! The disgusting tentacles of it seeping throug each place! You manipulate without realizing it! Did you never wonder? All that magic, yet never you feel tired. This world grants us this gift, blessing us with so much of it's disgusting gift of magic, everywhere... Anyways! Feel that power inside that stone. Play with it. Juggle those stones until the magic switches around! Straight through your heart- wait no that'd kill you. Transfer that magic! Feel it! Get to know that vile temptation for evermore!"

"And once you'll know what it feels like, there'll be no turning back."

Born and Raised
Born, not really expecting a play, even if his friend Picks had been at the arena and informed of this quite some time ago, (Oh, hey Picks! How it's going?) decides that nobody pays attention to that one guy waving about with a sign. I mean, he doesn't even have a sign. He would just be yelling at passerbys.
Actually speaking up to the more interesting folks should prove much more profitable. Your going to feel much more appealed to buy something if you were personally talked into it, right? Yeah, that's pretty sound logic right there.
Anyways, no time to think further anyways. From the ruckus your hearing, it seems that the play is over! Before the people start exiting the arena, Born takes a quick snoop at the schedule- It seems the arena is at all times doing something. Be it hosting a play, or be it the arena fights. The arena fights which, by the way, will be starting as soon as everybody that was here for the play has exited, and whoever runs this thing on the inside has had time to prepare for them. Which shouldn't be that long.
Anyways, time to put this plan to use.
The first dissapointment comes from the fact Born spots nearly no adventurer kind. It seems that the majority of people exiting are the rich- that doesn't stop you from trying to scoop out as much people as he can though. Most of them seem to flat out ignore him, or give a quick (but mostly polite) "No.".
But then there are a few which do listen. Most of them replying, admittedly, with an "I'll think about it.", but your pretty sure that atleast some of them will actually go and check the stall out. Your sure to tell those that it's you who sent them there, to which most once again reply with a hearly laugh. Again, notice most. Born's talked to a lot of persons in the last hour, and almost everyone reacted in some different way.

The persons he was to speak to next however, would react in a way just slightly different from most others.

They looked interesting. Some kind of rainbow colored cloaks, covering their faces. If they were dressed in black, you'd say they were assasins, but that would be hard to do when your cloak is literally all the colors of the rainbow. Probably mages or something. They could use that clear mind potion perhaps?
"Hello there, if I-"
"It is him!"
"The chosen one!"

Just a few seconds later, before even getting a chance to say something, Born is being carried inside the city by a bunch of folks carrying rainbow cloaks.

Picks-the-plan
"So for someone wanting to learn some fighting techniques, should I just try to watch the.fights from somewhere close?"
"I'd have to point out that the purpose of the arena is entertainment. Not to learn fighting techniques."
"... Well, where should I go then to teach something useful?"
"Find a tutor I'd say. Try the imperial guard, the inn... But now, please. I'm trying to do my job here."

You decice to leave the guard to do his job, entering the arena- It's allowed now apparently, even though it'll just be a little bit before the actual fights are going to be starting- Which can be seen as they are clearing the scenes left from the play. Some people beside you are also entering- and it seems some people were content with staying in their seats even after the play, and waiting for the organisers to finish preparations.

Anyways, it seems that there are about eight gates that lead into the arena, mostly circular of size. At the other side of the entrance, there's a building, with a balcony- that's where whoever runs all these things will be sitting, probably.

In each case... He really wants to talk to that one goblin. So his best bet is to check around that building- ask there. It seems that his suspicion of that is right: two guards on the single entrance. But to his question if he can see the prisoner, a common theme:

"No."
"Bu-"
"Nope. Negative. Below zero chance. Not going to happen."
"He's a prisoner goblin. Property of the arena. And not even the king is allowed to see them. Offcourse, unless master Delectum gives permission, which he probably would for him, but that is beside the point."
"I can understand that your interested to see one of your kind in here. But he's just one of many prisoners. So all you will be seeing of him for today, is this one fight."

Dares Devils
The cards are dealt, Dares playing the game as well as he can. Trying to strike up some banter whilst he does so.
"So, who are you people?"
"Oh, sorry, we haven't introduced ourselves yet! Johnny, Dave, and Dirk. We're regulars here. Nothing special besides that. Dirk is just a farmer, I'm just a tailor, and Dave here is just a brewer."
The first hand is won by Dirk.
"What's that your drinking?"
"My god! This guy doesn't know beer!"
"Oh my."
"We gotta fix dat den. 'Keeper! Get us a fine glass! I'll pay fer it later!"
The innkeeper nods, and prepares a drink for you- whatever this drink is supposed to do, you'll get to have a taste of this "beer" soon! I mean, what could go wrong?
Second hand is a tie, leaving Dirk on the lead...
"What's the talk of the town recently?"
"Boring times. And when your bored, the stuff your hearing, well, not a word of it probably ain't true. Just stupid gossiping. And I'm not the one who keeps track of that."
"Me neither."
"I stopped listenin' to dem wenches as soon as dey were talkin bout how beer is jus distilled kobold piss. Led dem have deir stoopid elven wine."
Third hand is a tie as well, Dirk remains on the lead, and Dares only has a measly 6 left...
"Are there any other goblins in the city? I've heard about this Dies-Unfairly in the arena. Do you know anything about him.. or her?"
"..."
"De guy asked a question. Answur it."
"Well, yeah, it's just..."
"Not really mate. Goblin prisoners... Well, they are, bluntly put, just the appetisers."
"...Appetisers?"
"To start of with. They're not expected to put up much of a fight. They're there to be defeated, then get taken back to their cell. But hey, it's the same for half of all prisoners! It's only the really good ones that get out the field each day to fight!"
"So... He or she is just there to be beaten up, then dragged back to the cell?"
"And this is why I didn't want to answer that fucking question."
"Yeah. Pretty much. One of them."
The final round is played. Dirk wins.
"Ah, thanks ya very much! Ya guys up fer another one?"
"I'm afraid that was all I had. That was easy money for you.. I really liked this game though."
"Ah, shame. Well, ye have yer beer 'tleast."

Hears-Disembodied voices
"So, do we know any more about those 8 heroes? I mean, presumably they were adventurers - do we know what classes they were, or what they were like as people?"
"Well, then we're talking about the long version, since I'd need a book to remember what their names were... But they each had some kind of characteristic about them. And yes, they were adventurers. Now, let's see if I can remember that..."
"Two best of friends, berserkers of kind, locked in an endless game of rivalry."
"Two mages with two visions, one yearning for knowledge and one for power."
"A lone warrior, harsh yet just."
"A woman of wit, of cards and tricks, a rogue, yet not a thief."
"A ranger, trapped in an endless loop of unfortunate happenings."
"And their leader, a man of many words. The cleric."

"..."
"Anyways, Tripp! You said that you'd borrow us some money?"

"Yes, I did."
"Well, could I borrow some then?"
"And I already did. I gave all gold that I was carrying with me at the time to your friend Picks. Besides, didn't your friend Dares come and ask the same question not much ago?"
"Oh. Right."
"Sadly, I don't have much that can be of help. I have no need of money for my own. Boy, were did you save the rest of your money?"
"..."
"Ah. Your brother."
"He insisted."
"He insisted because he cares."
"Oh please. He only wants my hard earned money for himself."
"Oh what has ever happened that two brothers hate each other so?"
"The fact that he is a disgusting piece of shit that doesn't deserve to be where he is."

To that the old man just shook his head, turning around and setting of to look for the information needed. Tripp hesitated for a moment, then wishes you good luck before scurrying of after his dad.

Afterwards, he does something of which he is quite certain noone has done before him.

Anyways, he comes to the same basic conclusions. Cloth armour is cheapest, followed by leather and then metal. For about ten gold, you could probably buy a single iron chestplate. Either that, or one to two pieces of other metal equipment. Looking at cloth however, you could probably get some decent defence for them. And leather would be somewhere inbetween.

SPOILERS:Whilst I was writing the part about the 8 heroes, I really wished I had some decent drawing skills. :roll:

Obsidian Portal

m0rtimer
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Godbot on Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:43 pm

SPOILERS:I'm pretty sure that Dusk was trying to do the same thing I was trying to do a couple of turns ago, which was get a sense of exactly what we can afford. A little more detail on the price range of the cheaper armor and what's actually available would be nice.

By the way, I'd just like to say that I really like how you're pushing our two mages in completely different directions, to keep them unique from each other.

I'll edit this post once I've decided exactly how to handle this, but I just wanted to say that while it was still on my mind.
Threads of Reality
Godbot
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Dusk9 on Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:02 pm

m0rtimer wrote:Afterwards, he does something of which he is quite certain noone has done before him.

Anyways, he comes to the same basic conclusions. Cloth armour is cheapest, followed by leather and then metal. For about ten gold, you could probably buy a single iron chestplate. Either that, or one to two pieces of other metal equipment. Looking at cloth however, you could probably get some decent defence for them. And leather would be somewhere inbetween.

I knew someone had already checked armour, which is why I specified weapons as well :roll: :wink:
And Godbot's right about wanting more exact information on what's available, though I expect we can get pretty much anything when it comes to the basic stuff.
I did miss the bit about Picks getting Tripp's money though - thought that was the adventurer's gold :oops:

Hears, with nothing better to do, decides that making some money doing menial jobs would be the best use of his time. Heading for the jobs board, he begins looking at what's involved in the unskilled jobs available, and what sort of money he could get for doing them.
Threads of Reality
Hears-Disembodied-Voices
Lvl 1 Berserker ~ Exp: 9/10 ~ HP: 6/6 ~ Atk: 4 (+1~Rage) ~ Def: 4 (+1~50%) (+1~Rage)
Traits: Automatic Combat Rage; Jekyll and Hyde
Tower Game
Dusk ~ Lvl 2 Wraith Rogue ~ Exp: 2/3 ~ Atk: 2 ~ DEX: 1/4 ~ CON 6 ~ HP: 2/8
Skills: Stealth (1DEX/turn); Sneak Attack; Detect Trap (1DEX, R2)
Lair of the Mountain King
Eaten-By-Rabbits ~ HP: 3/5 ~ Atk: 1 ~ Def: 1
Capture the Flag (CTF) ~ on hiatus
Runs-into-Hard-Surfaces ~ Lvl 8 Trainee Attacker ~ Exp: 46/52
Feats: Sprint Awareness 3; Improved Dodge 2; Nimble 1; Sprint Endurance 1
Dusk9
Keenspot Despot

Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown)

Postby SlamsWithSticks on Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:07 pm

SPOILERS:Woo update! I'm pretty sure Dares never actually got to see Tripp to ask for money. He turned back before he got there.

Dares, being really thirsty. I mean, the game got him off other thoughts, but oh my. He looks at this strange brew with a raised eyebrow. He shrugs and then takes several gulps in one fell swoop. He puts down the glass, and looks at the humans. The beer tickles the inside of his chest with a warm soothing feeling. Then the taste comes forth. "Yuck! This tastes like wolf piss! Why would anybody drink this by choice!? Or even pay for it?" Dares looks with disgust at his glass. Then at his fellow gamblers. It is pretty rude not to drink up what you have been given. Also, it felt quite good. Dares tries sipping on the beer. "It feels good though." Dares keeps drinking. "Say Dirk, do you have problems with wolves at your farm? You know I'm pretty good at killing those.. Actually, I killed two of those furry beasts who threatened our camp just yesterday. I also killed two boars. See?" Dares shows the humans his boar skull helmet and his sharpened tusk proudly. What a showoff...
Dares Devils, goblin berserker. Threads of reality
Lvl1 berserker. M. 8/10 EXP
HP: 5/5 ATT:3+used weapon DEF:3

Grace of Maglubiyet. Curse of Gold
Last in Lina. Clan Rampage
SlamsWithSticks
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby BurnsBees on Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:22 pm

"Out of all the things I have learned over my time of living, I have noticed the pattern to be very unsettling. You see, as long as there still are people who care for things, then there is always going to be some sort of conflict. Something that you cannot wish away. Only way of achieving true peace is for everything to be gone. Even if there is peace, there will be little to no progression on the advances of technology. It would also get dull without conflict and there is more potential for more conflicts to break out. Also, you cannot change the fate nor can you change what people think unless you wish for them to become like everybody else."

CaP leaves and heads towards general magics. Maybe they will have something.
Beware of the ducks with bombs. They know who you are and they are out to get you.
BurnsBees
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby madmartin26 on Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:20 pm

"...Okay, i guess that makes sense, so to increase the power of a magical item, you have to find a way to put pure energy into it?"

Studies goes to the combat magic level, just to be safe, and tries to gather up as much of his raw magical energy as he can, and tries to 'cast' the energy into the stone.(it'll probably end up more like trying to stuff the magic into it,but oh well) If that doesn't work, he goes back to the library and reads some random books for consolation.
Studies Everything He Can Get His Hands On, Threads of Reality
Lives in the Forest, Capture the Flag
Thinks Too Much, Destiny Of The Stonetear Clan
Climbs Trees, The Awesomesword Wanes
madmartin26
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby m0rtimer on Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:17 am

Dusk9 wrote:I knew someone had already checked armour, which is why I specified weapons as well :roll: :wink:
And Godbot's right about wanting more exact information on what's available, though I expect we can get pretty much anything when it comes to the basic stuff.

Ask and thou shallt receive.

Notice that there is no such thing as a "fixed price". Only an average price. How much you would actually end up paying is dependant on a lot of things, which I'm not going to explictly state. But common sense should be a good enough indicator to know which things would apply. (Rolls do come into play, which is one thing I am willing to share)

But now- You know that an iron chestplate would cost about 10 gold- So 10 gold for a 3 defence item. You would most likely find a 2 defence item to be around 6 gold, and 3 gold for an 1 defence item.

A leather body would likewise provide 2 DEF- But since the materials are cheaper, you would come out a little bit cheaper, for about 5 gold. 1 DEF items would likely be found for 2-3 gold.

Which would bring us to cloth- You would find those ranging from 1 to 3 gold, once again depending on the defence value.

Prices on magic items are far more widespread, mostly depending on the kind of enchantment. But you ain't got nearly enough money yet for anything of that kind anyways ("Weak" magical equipment starts selling at around 30 gold)

As for regular weapons, a good sword, much like Dares has, could be found for around 7 gold. Something weaker, probably for 3 gold. More powerful weapons, say 3 ATT, assuming that it doesn't come with any penalty like some weapons do, would cost around 15 gold.

Also, does Hear intend to instantly head for the job that looks most favorable (Easiest/most profitable), or just get a complete overview of all the things he could do?

m0rtimer
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby PicksUpSticks on Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:01 am

Picks The Plan

Picks was sitting around minding his own business and hoping to watch an awesome fight until his ESP kicked in

"Hello there, if I-"

"It is him!"
"The chosen one!"

Picks turns to see the rainbow cloaked men grab Born and carry him off.

Seriously? First that stupid squirrel, then that random clock, and now this... You know what, I am sure he is fine.

Picks moves around the arena to be closer to where Born was taken, but ultimately stays to watch the show.
Threads of Reality
Level 1
Tower Game
Clan Rampage
Alive and stupid.
PicksUpSticks
Keenspot Despot

Postby Dusk9 on Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:02 am

m0rtimer wrote:Also, does Hear intend to instantly head for the job that looks most favorable (Easiest/most profitable), or just get a complete overview of all the things he could do?

Overview, please.
Threads of Reality
Hears-Disembodied-Voices
Lvl 1 Berserker ~ Exp: 9/10 ~ HP: 6/6 ~ Atk: 4 (+1~Rage) ~ Def: 4 (+1~50%) (+1~Rage)
Traits: Automatic Combat Rage; Jekyll and Hyde
Tower Game
Dusk ~ Lvl 2 Wraith Rogue ~ Exp: 2/3 ~ Atk: 2 ~ DEX: 1/4 ~ CON 6 ~ HP: 2/8
Skills: Stealth (1DEX/turn); Sneak Attack; Detect Trap (1DEX, R2)
Lair of the Mountain King
Eaten-By-Rabbits ~ HP: 3/5 ~ Atk: 1 ~ Def: 1
Capture the Flag (CTF) ~ on hiatus
Runs-into-Hard-Surfaces ~ Lvl 8 Trainee Attacker ~ Exp: 46/52
Feats: Sprint Awareness 3; Improved Dodge 2; Nimble 1; Sprint Endurance 1
Dusk9
Keenspot Despot

Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown)

Postby ArcticTornado on Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:14 am

First, Bluff gets two vials. "I'm not familiar with this root, but I think I know what to do."
If the root is desiccated, Bluff will say "It looks like this needs a little water to dissolve it a bit,” and then add some water unless stopped. Next, she takes a look at the root, and mentally compares it to other ingredients Valence has cut and crushed. Based on which it looks more like, she will say “It looks like this should be crushed/cut, right?” She will then collect each ingredient in separate vials, and then mix them like she has seen Valence do before, checking with him to make sure it’s right, hoping he’s not too frustrated with her at that point.
Chief Gets to the Chopper
2/6 HP :: 0/12 Inf
4 Atk :: 5 Def

Inverted Luck
ATK: 4-6 (+2 Brakeblade, +1 Thief Blade, +0/+1 Thief Armor (25%), +0/+1 Short Blade Specialty (50%))
DEF: 6-7(+1 Goblin, +1 Thief Armor, +1 Thick Skin, +0/+1 Leather Helm (50%), +1 Iron Bracer, +1 Iron Bracer)
HP: 5/5
Pack: Very Pointy Pencil, 78 gold pieces, Leather Armor, Dagger, Challenge Note, Random Book, Short Rope
Abilities: Renew (+1 HP, Major Action, touch), Lady Luck (double % chance to most items/abilities, passive).
ArcticTornado
Keenspot Despot

Postby Godbot on Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:17 am

PicksUpSticks wrote:Seriously? First that stupid squirrel, then that random clock, and now this... You know what, I am sure he is fine.

GLAD I WAITED FOR THAT, THEN.

Anyway, I don't have much idea of what's going on, and this scene is pretty much just writing itself, but the only person I know of who would anticipate Born showing up anywhere or even knowing who he is is Aristoles, the guy who sent the time machine to the Heartbound Clan. So, Born will try and ask one of them about him, just in case.

If that doesn't work, he'll sort of halfheartedly try to sell them his clear mind potion to get rid of them, but that's probably not going to work either.
Threads of Reality
Godbot
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby PicksUpSticks on Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:20 am

Godbot wrote:
PicksUpSticks wrote:Seriously? First that stupid squirrel, then that random clock, and now this... You know what, I am sure he is fine.

GLAD I WAITED FOR THAT, THEN.

Anyway, I don't have much idea of what's going on, and this scene is pretty much just writing itself, but the only person I know of who would anticipate Born showing up anywhere or even knowing who he is is Aristoles, the guy who sent the time machine to the Heartbound Clan. So, Born will try and ask one of them about him, just in case.

If that doesn't work, he'll sort of halfheartedly try to sell them his clear mind potion to get rid of them, but that's probably not going to work either.

SPOILERS:Sorry, I was intending on following you. But then I remembered you had the weirdness magnet so odds are you are not in any sort of immediate danger. Figured odds of something beneficial happening are greater with me in the arena than by following you.

You are the victim of game theory :wink:
Threads of Reality
Level 1
Tower Game
Clan Rampage
Alive and stupid.
PicksUpSticks
Keenspot Despot

Postby Godbot on Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:26 am

PicksUpSticks wrote:
SPOILERS:Sorry, I was intending on following you. But then I remembered you had the weirdness magnet so odds are you are not in any sort of immediate danger. Figured odds of something beneficial happening are greater with me in the arena than by following you.

You are the victim of game theory :wink:

SPOILERS:No, yeah, it's fine. No worries.

I was thinking about having Born decide (unfairly) that that goblin in the arena must not have gotten a fair trial, because a) human city and b) he's called Dies Unfairly, but I figure he would've decided that going to see him wasn't worth the risk of getting caught. That just never came up in any of my posts, is all.
Threads of Reality
Godbot
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

PreviousNext

Return to Goblins Games