Re: Threads of reality

Postby ArcticTornado on Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:04 pm

Backstory posted.

Me? late? never.
Chief Gets to the Chopper
2/6 HP :: 0/12 Inf
4 Atk :: 5 Def

Inverted Luck
ATK: 4-6 (+2 Brakeblade, +1 Thief Blade, +0/+1 Thief Armor (25%), +0/+1 Short Blade Specialty (50%))
DEF: 6-7(+1 Goblin, +1 Thief Armor, +1 Thick Skin, +0/+1 Leather Helm (50%), +1 Iron Bracer, +1 Iron Bracer)
HP: 5/5
Pack: Very Pointy Pencil, 78 gold pieces, Leather Armor, Dagger, Challenge Note, Random Book, Short Rope
Abilities: Renew (+1 HP, Major Action, touch), Lady Luck (double % chance to most items/abilities, passive).
ArcticTornado
Keenspot Despot

Postby Dlover on Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:10 pm

But M0rt, we only have everyone on the forum signing up! You need to wait longer for everyone on Earth! :P
Dlover
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby kurik on Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:13 pm

Quiet you, I'm still trying to decide if I wanna alter my traits any.
If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little.
-George Carlin

Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform.
-Mark Twain

I thought this must be obvious to everyone else, as it seemed obvious to me; and that, if once it became apparent that we were on the edge, all the Great Powers would call a halt and recoil from the abyss.
-Edward Grey
kurik
Keenspot Despot

Postby Godbot on Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:41 pm

Dlover wrote:But M0rt, we only have everyone on the forum signing up! You need to wait longer for everyone on Earth! :P

Hey, I've got no qualms about finding out early instead of thinking about it for a week.
Threads of Reality
Born and Raised - Lvl 1 Ranger (7/10 EXP)
HP:3/5 ATT:3 (1+2) DEF:3 (2+1)
Godbot
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby m0rtimer on Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:52 am

You guys ready?

I am.

Set loose the dogs dice of war!

Rolling for cleric: only two persons want to be healbitches, so Psychotic and Burns have an equal chance of getting in...

Congratulations Burns! You and your character I will always call Cut-and-Paste got in.

Rolling for "The warrior": ten people fall in this category. Let's see...

1) Picksupsticks
2) Kurik
3) Throughthewell
4) Dusk9
5) thinkslogically
6) Nioca
7) Narie666
8) Slamswithsticks
9) Jacon
10) Godbot

And the roll is... 8! Congratulations Slamswithsticks, you and Dares Devils are in the game!

Rolling for a rogue... 4 people want to play a rogue:

1) Knucklekraken
2) Arctictornado
3) Licentiousdey
4) Askstoomuch

And the roll is... 2! Congratulations Arctictornado, you and one bluff too many are in the game!

Rolling for a mage... 3 people want to play a mage:
1) Madmartin26
2) Dlover
3) Randommerc

And the roll is... 1! Congratulations Madmartin, you and Studies Everything He can Get His Hands on are in the game!

Now, we need 4 more people, which will be rolled over the enterity of the list. As everyone has submitted a backstory, (except Y&B, but I'll consider the fact she couldn't be in any of the first four rolls enough) everyone has the same chance of still getting in: except a few people who get a bonus roll since they aren't in any game (which not everyone can join)

The list:

1) Psychotic
2) Picksupsticks
3) Askstoomuch
4) Kurik
5) Throughthewel
6) Dusk9
7) Knucklekraken
8) Knucklekraken
9) Youngandbeautiful
10) Dlover
11) Thinkslogically
12) Thinkslogically
13) Nioca
14) Narie666
15) Narie666
16) Jacon
17) Randommerc
18) Godbot
19) Godbot
20) Licentiousdey

And the first roll is... 6! Welcome to the game Dusk, together with your character hears Disembodied voices!

The second roll... 17! Welcome to the game Randommerc, together with your character destroys the realm (I hope he doesn't live up to his destiny)

The third roll... 2! Welcome to the game Picksupsticks, you and Sticks-To-The-Plan are in.

And the final roll...19! Welcome to the game Godbot! I look forward to the wackiness we'll have with Born and Raised. :lol:

So, the people that got in are:

Burnsbees
Slamswithsticks
Arctictornado
Madmartin26
Dusk9
RandomMerc
PicksUpSticks
Godbot

If you didn't get in, don't be too disheartened... According to how things play out, there may be new player characters available in this game. At a later time offcourse.

Now, the next thing that is on our schedule is to review all the traits! I'll be looking over everyone now, saying whether or not their traits are in order, and if not, what could work instead. Expect that up... Soon. Ish.
ME JAM STICK IN STONE. ME CREATE LEVER.

goblin heroes - Completed
threads of reality - in progress
m0rtimer
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Dusk9 on Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:29 am

Hmmm.....
I'm torn. Part of me wants to go-

YES!

-and the other part wants to be annoyed because Slams also got in, so now I have to change Hears' colour :roll:

Oh who am I kidding - YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

EDIT: Oh, yeah, Hears' colour is purple again (#800080).

Also, commiserations to those of you who didn't get in :(
Last edited by Dusk9 on Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Threads of Reality
Hears-Disembodied-Voices
Lvl 1 Berserker ~ Exp: 9/10 ~ HP: 6/6 ~ Atk: 4 (+1~Rage) ~ Def: 4 (+1~50%) (+1~Rage)
Traits: Automatic Combat Rage; Jekyll and Hyde
Tower Game
Dusk ~ Lvl 2 Wraith Rogue ~ Exp: 2/3 ~ Atk: 2 ~ DEX: 1/4 ~ CON 6 ~ HP: 2/8
Skills: Stealth (1DEX/turn); Sneak Attack; Detect Trap (1DEX, R2)
Lair of the Mountain King
Eaten-By-Rabbits ~ HP: 3/5 ~ Atk: 1 ~ Def: 1
Capture the Flag (CTF) ~ on hiatus
Runs-into-Hard-Surfaces ~ Lvl 8 Trainee Attacker ~ Exp: 46/52
Feats: Sprint Awareness 3; Improved Dodge 2; Nimble 1; Sprint Endurance 1
Dusk9
Keenspot Despot

Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown)

Postby askstoomuch on Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:32 am

me sad :( :cry:

EDIT wait this is my 1000 post that made it do much better :D but still sad :cry:
Last edited by askstoomuch on Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
askstoomuch
Keenspot Despot

Postby knucklekraken on Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:54 am

So, I thought that people who said they weren't in any other games got some kind of bonus in. How did that work, exactly?

And yeah, I'm probably bitter, but I'll likely get over it by this afternoon.

Member of the Irregulators. Reticulating splines since 2011.

Here are stats for a player race I created, compatible with 3.5 D&D. Please steal.

SPOILERS:Tasty People
+2 Charisma: Tasty People have strong natural pheromones.
-2 Wisdom: Tasty People have a racial predisposition for making bad decisions.
When faced with an encounter involving a predatory creature, a Tasty Person must make a Charisma Check. If the DC (15) is met, the creature will attack the Tasty Person to the exclusion of other targets who are not also Tasty People who have met this DC. The DC should be modified for monsters with a strong sense of smell, I leave this to your discretion as a DM. The monster is not forced to attack the Tasty Person if doing so would cause it to take an attack of opportunity.
A Tasty Person's starting class should be treated as his favored class.

Tasty People speak Common.
knucklekraken
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby m0rtimer on Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:59 am

knucklekraken wrote:So, I thought that people who said they weren't in any other games got some kind of bonus in. How did that work, exactly?

And yeah, I'm probably bitter, but I'll likely get over it by this afternoon.

You had a double chance of being picked in the final list. Your name was in there twice.

Sadly, I didn't roll your number. I'd love it if I could give everyone a chance to play, but, yeah. :nervous:

m0rtimer
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Dusk9 on Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:59 am

knucklekraken wrote:So, I thought that people who said they weren't in any other games got some kind of bonus in. How did that work, exactly?

m0rtimer wrote:1) Psychotic
2) Picksupsticks
3) Askstoomuch
4) Kurik
5) Throughthewel
6) Dusk9
7) Knucklekraken
8) Knucklekraken
9) Youngandbeautiful
10) Dlover
11) Thinkslogically
12) Thinkslogically
13) Nioca
14) Narie666
15) Narie666
16) Jacon
17) Randommerc
18) Godbot
19) Godbot
20) Licentiousdey

People not in any games got two numbers, see above.

You got 7 and 8, so if either of those had been rolled you would have got in.

I'm just amazed that I finally got lucky in one of these random rolls ^-^

EDIT: Ninja'd
Threads of Reality
Hears-Disembodied-Voices
Lvl 1 Berserker ~ Exp: 9/10 ~ HP: 6/6 ~ Atk: 4 (+1~Rage) ~ Def: 4 (+1~50%) (+1~Rage)
Tower Game
Dusk9
Keenspot Despot

Postby SlamsWithSticks on Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:02 am

Score!!

I'm starting to think I got Dares Devils luck before the game even started! :D

Also.. Hears Disembodied Voices, you will not be the no1 berserker in this party while I'm around. :evilgrin: If you steal my kills, I will break you!

And dusk: PICK A COLOR :evil:

Edit: ok dusk I see you already done that... we're cool.. for now
Dares Devils, goblin berserker. Threads of reality
Lvl1 berserker. M. 8/10 EXP
HP: 5/5 ATT:3+used weapon DEF:3

Grace of Maglubiyet. Curse of Gold
Last in Lina. Clan Rampage
SlamsWithSticks
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby m0rtimer on Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:11 am

Ah, the game hasn't even started yet and we allready have rivalries...

All is going according to plan.

Almost done with the trait post by the way.

m0rtimer
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby askstoomuch on Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:13 am

:grumble: i speak for all lurkers here who hate random rolles we only hate you for a coule of hours, then we all forgive you well atleast i will dont know about the others.
askstoomuch
Keenspot Despot

Postby m0rtimer on Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:21 am

Allright, trait review down below. I tried to give as much options as possible if your traits need revising, but feel free to counter propose until we get something everyone is happy with.

Burnsbees: Cut and paste

I'm sorry, "unknown" is not a valid trait! If you still have traits you'd like to submit, you'll have to be quick with em ;)

Slamswithsticks: Dares Devils How dare you steal my color!

"Dares is unusually lucky in perilous situations and in gambling."

I can work with that. It'd be an "general luck boost" when in either of those situations. However, I would consider a trait such as this a 2 or 3 point trait, (with the three points being slightly more powerful) so your character would have to obtain a small penalty as well. This can be anything that you want: you could just deduct one point from either ATT, DEF or HP to get that one point, or could go for another kind of (perhaps more serious) handicap.

Or alternatively, if you don't want to give your character any real handicaps, we can reduce the trait to simply being lucky in gambling.

Arctictornado: One-bluff-too-many

SPOILERS:Lucky - no idea how to represent it

I do. It would basically be like this: you can't be "doing okay": You are either being very lucky, or very bad at what you are currently doing. So no "you fail to disable the trap, but the trap isn't set off", it will be "The trap engulfs you in fiery inferno" or "The trap is disabled and loot falls out."

... Okay, no, not that exaggerated, but you get the idea.

As this can be both very bad and very beneficial, I'll consider this a neutral trait.

A whole lot of running - some kind of bonus when running away from enemies.

Hmmm... Yea, this can do for 1 trait point. Which means that your traits are perfectly sorted out, unless you want to make any adjustments still :)

Madmartin26: Studies Everything He Can Get His Hands On

Studies knows a lot of miscellaneous facts, especially those pertaining to legends and such, and is therefore more likely to know about obscure stuff.(bonus to knowledge checks?

Do I smell bardic knowledge? Maybe I do, maybe I do... Let us say... 3 points?

he's also studied magic prior to becoming an adventurer, so +1 to magical attack.

This would be basically +1 ATT, so this would cost one trait point.

Studies has never studied any kind of hand to hand combat, so he would be terrible at it.

Combat disability: cannot wield a melee weapon (only magical staffs or wands). This is a rather bad disability, so I'd say it would be worth 3 points.

he's also never been a strong goblin.

-1 to ATT. 1 point

This would mean that you'd have 1 point left to spare: I guess you could find another small advantage, remove the never been strong, or try to find a less bad combat disability. That is your choice, if you want to spend the one point that is.

Dusk9:Hears-Disembodied-Voices Another one of you! Well, one of you will have to change colour...

Traits: Automatic Combat Rage -> +1d(level/2) ATT, +1d(level/2) DEF, +1d(level/2) fighting ability/skill (basically a bonus to all rolls in combat besides ATT and DEF) - has a 7.5% x (number of turns of combat gone) chance of regaining control, but until then can’t retreat or do anything except pick specific foes to target (and maybe use healing/combat items) until all foes are gone.

Well, there is no combat rolls in this game (or at least, rarely), so let me simplefy this (mainly since I don't feel like so much dice rolling)

Automatic combat rage: + (Level/3) ATT, +(level/4) DEF (rounded up) Cannot drink any healing potions whilst enraged, enraging ends at the end of combat.

I'd changed it into this as I think the fact you cannot drink healing potions whilst enraged, together with the bonus, is enough to even out to an 1 trait. But you are free to make adjustments, if you wish.

RandomMerc: Destroys Nations
Hmmm, I like the traits: you've carefully balanced them out.

That being said, I'm not sure if I'm too keen on you having such powerful "connections" at the beginning of the game. I think that on itself would cost some more trait points. That being said however... Let us presume a few things.

Let's presume that Fred is indeed somewhere out there. And let's presume that he will indeed recognize a certain someone in Destroys Nations. But that has yet to happen.

Offcourse, you would have to edit your traits in this case, but if you agree to it, let me know.

Picksupsticks: Sticks-to-the-plan

Weakness to Illusions/Strong against suggestion

Yeah, these would ballance.

-1 to rolls if he listens to any combat advice given by another player, higher chance of failure
+1 to rolls if he switches targets/plans with no warning.

Hmmm... Yeah, these would balance out pretty well too. With the one problem that there isn't any combat rolls (usually seen)
So, what about:

-1 ATT or DEF if he listens to any combat advice given by another player
+1 ATT or DEF if he switches targets/plans with no warning.

Third eye: Small chance to see/feel/know what is going on around him, helping him to avoid unexpected damage.

Well, I could make this count for one point, but the odds of it working for only one trait point would be rather small. So if you'd give yourself one small disability, I could make this trait count for two points, which would make for a greater chance.

Godbot: Born and Raised

Weirdness Magnet. Improbable, impossible, or downright supernatural events have a way of happening to Born almost exclusively. He hasn't quite made the connection that he's being singled out.

Do we even need to discuss this? Yeah, okay, I guess so.

First thing: I'll consider this a neutral trait, so you still have 1 point left if you want to.
Second thing: I will probally tame it down a bit, to a "coincidence magnet". Nevertheless, fun times shall be had.

There, that's done. I hope everyone reviews everything once again and gives a reply, so that we hopefully can start the actual game soon!

m0rtimer
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Dusk9 on Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:22 am

askstoomuch wrote::grumble: i speak for all lurkers here who hate random rolles we only hate you for a coule of hours, then we all forgive you well atleast i will dont know about the others.

I don't really like random rolls either - this is the first game I've gotten into that used a random roll format, all the other ones were first come first serve or used a different method (e.g. backstory votes).

Also, Hears isn't the one who Dares is going to have a rivalry with - it's the Voice he needs to watch out for :evilgrin:
Last edited by Dusk9 on Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Threads of Reality
Hears-Disembodied-Voices
Tower Game
Dusk9
Keenspot Despot

Postby SlamsWithSticks on Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:40 am

Ok lets see here... :okthen:

I think -1 def is good in terms of flavor.
Also Dares is a chronic risk taker. It would probably lower his wisdom or something, but that is not a parameter in this game I guess. He doesn't take advice of care very well.

Any advice from the community on how to do this?

(Hears: You have no voices! That is stupid.)

SPOILERS:Dusk9: Please forgive Dares for his despicable character. Hope you're ok with it being on!
Dares Devils, goblin berserker. Threads of reality
Lvl1 berserker. M. 8/10 EXP
HP: 5/5 ATT:3+used weapon DEF:3

Grace of Maglubiyet. Curse of Gold
Last in Lina. Clan Rampage
SlamsWithSticks
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Dusk9 on Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:43 am

m0rtimer wrote:Dusk9:Hears-Disembodied-Voices Another one of you! Well, one of you will have to change colour...

Traits: Automatic Combat Rage -> +1d(level/2) ATT, +1d(level/2) DEF, +1d(level/2) fighting ability/skill (basically a bonus to all rolls in combat besides ATT and DEF) - has a 7.5% x (number of turns of combat gone) chance of regaining control, but until then can’t retreat or do anything except pick specific foes to target (and maybe use healing/combat items) until all foes are gone.

Well, there is no combat rolls in this game (or at least, rarely), so let me simplefy this (mainly since I don't feel like so much dice rolling)

Automatic combat rage: + (Level/3) ATT, +(level/4) DEF (rounded up) Cannot drink any healing potions whilst enraged, enraging ends at the end of combat.

I'd changed it into this as I think the fact you cannot drink healing potions whilst enraged, together with the bonus, is enough to even out to an 1 trait. But you are free to make adjustments, if you wish.

This sounds fine to me. How many trait points would a negative to social interactions (charisma based stuff) get me?

Also, I've already changed Hears' colour back to #800080 Purple :wink:

SlamsWithSticks wrote:
SPOILERS:Dusk9: Please forgive Dares for his despicable character. Hope you're ok with it being on!

Don't worry, I'm fine with 'it'. We'll just see whether Dares can keep up :smug: ........
Threads of Reality
Hears-Disembodied-Voices
Tower Game
Dusk9
Keenspot Despot

Postby RandomMerc on Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:02 am

Yeah, I'm perfectly fine with that. I'll just say that he was given the idol by Fred, and sent out on his own by the destroyer clan. Is that okay? I mean, Destroys can't go back there. Its a bit of an odd solution, but maybe I wanted to go on the adventurer's experiment and they didn't want me to, or it is some sort of coming-of age?

Will edit background soon.
Otherwise---

Oh, hey I'm in.

*Pinches himself five times*

HELL YES IM IN!
This is a signature.

One Winner of the Arena Slaves (GetAwayIWanttoBeAlone) and Goblin Heroes (Killsafriend)

Runs Into Koalas: Attack: 1 Def: 2(+1 Poisoned Barrel Lid), Health: 5/5
Destroys Nations: Attack: 2(+1 Rusty Sword), Def: 2(+1 Wooden Shield), Health: 4/4. Spells: Magic Missile(Deals 2 MDmg)
RandomMerc
Keenspot Despot

Postby YoungAndBeautiful on Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:12 am

Congrats to everybody who made it. Have fun! :)
ATTENTION:
(Goblins and) Goblins Games is moving to a new Forum!

My nickname there will be GathersIngredients, btw.
YoungAndBeautiful
Keenspot Despot

Postby PicksUpSticks on Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:00 am

YES!

Ok I feel like I should change my name from sticks since slams is in the game as well... For a lack of creativity.... Picks-The-Plan

How about I remove the bonus for switching targets and change it to this...

Rebellious: Whenever a team member suggests a target to Picks during combat, if there are other tagets available he takes -2 ATT/Def if he follows orders.
If a move is suggested and he uses it (regardless of the number of targets) he takes -2 ATT/Def.
(that way there is no tomfoolery by yelling out bad moves)

Weak against illusions/strong against suggestion

Blind Rage: When he feels taunted by an enemy Picks always attacks that target, all team suggestion penalties are ignored. Attempts to stop Picks have a higher chance of failing/missing.

Don't talk about it: When his brother is mentioned, there is a 10% chance I attack the target, friend or foe.

Get to the point: His rude nature gives him a -4 to charisma, when forced into conversation or forced to wait for conversation with someone he knows, or verbally expresses a desire to fight he gets a +1ATT/Def for a number of rounds equal to the amount of rounds used for conversation.

Third eye:
The closer he is to death, the more Picks feels as if his brother is still watching over him, his situational awareness rises and he is able to predict/feel the actions of those around him. Increasing his critical success chances.
When a party member is close to death there is a chance Picks will intercept the death blow. How the damage is taken is up the the DM.
Threads of Reality
Picks The Plan - Goblin Warrior
Level 1
Tower Game
Zombie Picks Up Sticks - Zombie Shaman
Cantrips/Inflict - 1 | Debuff/Buff - 2 | Suggestion - 3
Clan Rampage
Breaks A Leg - Goblin Knee Basher
Alive and stupid.
Goblin Heroes- PicksUpSticks - Completed
PicksUpSticks
Keenspot Despot

Postby ArcticTornado on Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:50 am

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Chief Gets to the Chopper
2/6 HP :: 0/12 Inf
4 Atk :: 5 Def

Inverted Luck
ATK: 4-6 (+2 Brakeblade, +1 Thief Blade, +0/+1 Thief Armor (25%), +0/+1 Short Blade Specialty (50%))
DEF: 6-7(+1 Goblin, +1 Thief Armor, +1 Thick Skin, +0/+1 Leather Helm (50%), +1 Iron Bracer, +1 Iron Bracer)
HP: 5/5
Pack: Very Pointy Pencil, 78 gold pieces, Leather Armor, Dagger, Challenge Note, Random Book, Short Rope
Abilities: Renew (+1 HP, Major Action, touch), Lady Luck (double % chance to most items/abilities, passive).
ArcticTornado
Keenspot Despot

Postby m0rtimer on Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:06 am

I think -1 def is good in terms of flavor.
Also Dares is a chronic risk taker. It would probably lower his wisdom or something, but that is not a parameter in this game I guess. He doesn't take advice of care very well.

-1 def is 1 trait point, so that's settled then. As for the "daredevil" trait... We can do this, for another 1 point gain. But if you pick it, I expect you to play the part: I would expect Dares Devils to be someone who eagerly jumps into combat on his own, even being outnumbered. Off course, there can be the odd case that he is actually senseful, or that his teammates talk sense into him... But I don't expect things like that happening too often. It's your choice.

This sounds fine to me. How many trait points would a negative to social interactions (charisma based stuff) get me?

Also, I've already changed Hears' colour back to #800080 Purple

I would say 1 point. Unless it is something rather bad, like you can only talk in insults or something, which would be 2

Also, good :)

Yeah, I'm perfectly fine with that. I'll just say that he was given the idol by Fred, and sent out on his own by the destroyer clan. Is that okay? I mean, Destroys can't go back there. Its a bit of an odd solution, but maybe I wanted to go on the adventurer's experiment and they didn't want me to, or it is some sort of coming-of age?

This could be an option. But it would most likely result in not having any contact anymore with this cult, or Fred: the only thing that would remain is that you begin your career with that accursed idol, but are yet to get any powers and/or disadvantages of it.

But what I was thinking, is that nothing that happened in your backstory has happened as of yet: your yet to meet Fred, your yet to obtain the idol. Obviously, your traits would be drastically different... But I'd give a one time allowance to change your traits to what you have now, if you meet him.

Again, your choice :)

How about I remove the bonus for switching targets and change it to this...

Rebellious: Whenever a team member suggests a target to Picks during combat, if there are other tagets available he takes -2 ATT/Def if he follows orders.
If a move is suggested and he uses it (regardless of the number of targets) he takes -2 ATT/Def.
(that way there is no tomfoolery by yelling out bad moves)

Weak against illusions/strong against suggestion

Blind Rage: When he feels taunted by an enemy Picks always attacks that target, all team suggestion penalties are ignored. Attempts to stop Picks have a higher chance of failing/missing.

Don't talk about it: When his brother is mentioned, there is a 10% chance I attack the target, friend or foe.

Get to the point: His rude nature gives him a -4 to charisma, when forced into conversation or forced to wait for conversation with someone he knows, or verbally expresses a desire to fight he gets a +1ATT/Def for a number of rounds equal to the amount of rounds used for conversation.

Third eye:
The closer he is to death, the more Picks feels as if his brother is still watching over him, his situational awareness rises and he is able to predict/feel the actions of those around him. Increasing his critical success chances.
When a party member is close to death there is a chance Picks will intercept the death blow. How the damage is taken is up the the DM.

Rebellious: -2 ATT/DEF will be quite a penalty in the baby stages in the game, so I hope that you know what your doing. 2 trait points

Weak against illusions/strong against suggestion still balances out.

Blind Rage: Okay. 1 trait point.

Don't talk about it: Hmmm... Not sure if this is enough of a condition to give an actual point... Ah hell. 1 point.

Get to the point: Whilst there will be no charisma in this game, (though nice armour might still impress, along with there being several items which will give a lasting impression) I will consider this as being generally rude. This, together with the bonus would come down to costing 1 trait point.

Third eye: Hmmm. 2 points.

Saving throw: I would figure that the damage is taken normally, and that, for the 1 point remaining, there is a 25% chance of the effect triggering.

Also, important:

You guys need to select a party leader ;)

m0rtimer
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby kurik on Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:16 am

SPOILERS:Congrats to those playing. I might lurk now and then.
If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little.
-George Carlin

Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform.
-Mark Twain

I thought this must be obvious to everyone else, as it seemed obvious to me; and that, if once it became apparent that we were on the edge, all the Great Powers would call a halt and recoil from the abyss.
-Edward Grey
kurik
Keenspot Despot

Postby BurnsBees on Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:22 am

You know you like long names mort. :evilgrin:
Beware of the ducks with bombs. They know who you are and they are out to get you.
BurnsBees
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby m0rtimer on Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:32 am

BurnsBees wrote:You know you like long names mort. :evilgrin:

Renaming all NPC's to Bob, Fred, Dave, Joe...

m0rtimer
Keenspot Juggernaut

PreviousNext

Return to Goblins Games