Threads of reality

Moderator: Thunt

Forum rules
Forum games go here.

Re: Threads of reality

Postby knucklekraken on Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:55 pm

That sounds like it would be a fun trait.

Member of the Irregulators. Reticulating splines since 2011.

Here are stats for a player race I created, compatible with 3.5 D&D. Please steal.

SPOILERS:Tasty People
+2 Charisma: Tasty People have strong natural pheromones.
-2 Wisdom: Tasty People have a racial predisposition for making bad decisions.
When faced with an encounter involving a predatory creature, a Tasty Person must make a Charisma Check. If the DC (15) is met, the creature will attack the Tasty Person to the exclusion of other targets who are not also Tasty People who have met this DC. The DC should be modified for monsters with a strong sense of smell, I leave this to your discretion as a DM. The monster is not forced to attack the Tasty Person if doing so would cause it to take an attack of opportunity.
A Tasty Person's starting class should be treated as his favored class.

Tasty People speak Common.
knucklekraken
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby m0rtimer on Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:59 pm

Signups will continue for at least one or two more days, so everyone that wants should still have plenty of time to sign up and/or write a background of their character to improve odds of getting in.

That being said, I will probally close signups this saturday, which should be enough time for everyone :)

@Godbot: Heh, hmm... I could work with it, it could prove fun as well. In a lightened form off course eh? We'll discuss it if you manage to make the random roll :D
ME JAM STICK IN STONE. ME CREATE LEVER.

goblin heroes - Completed
threads of reality - in progress
m0rtimer
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Godbot on Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:02 pm

Oh man, yeah. I was in a short-lived GURPS campaign where I played a detective, and I picked Weirdness Magnet and Xenophobia for my disadvantages. Before long, talking seagulls were giving me cryptic warnings while I was frantically trying to fan them away before they blew my cover.

And yeah, m0rtimer, absolutely. I wasn't planning on, like, deals with the devil, or Shield of Wonder-style randomness.

Although that would be fun, too.
Threads of Reality
Born and Raised - Lvl 1 Ranger (7/10 EXP)
HP:3/5 ATT:3 (1+2) DEF:3 (2+1)
Godbot
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby m0rtimer on Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:06 pm

What shield of wonder? Are you insinuating there is a planned shield of wonderesque item in this game? How utterly preposterous of a proposal.

:shifty:

m0rtimer
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Godbot on Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:06 pm

oh my god don't let it near me
Threads of Reality
Godbot
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Jacon on Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:07 pm

Name: Wears-A-Coat
Color: =#400000
Character background: Coats is a silent goblin believing actions are stronger than words. In his younger years he often fought on the front lines against any threat to the tribe. He is very loyal to his friends and wise often coming up with new options to solve a problem. He's very slow to act but once he gets under way its very hard to change his mind.
He often has a pipe which he chews on to relax himself. He only smokes it to celebrate some victory.

Class:Warrior.

Traits: Vetern: Coats is very tough and knows how to defend himself. But he is also a elder. He has a 2+ to def but -1 hp. ( Tell me if this is bad. Could I also throw in more likely to get sick from dieases for a extra 1+ to def)

i'm in explorers and Time Keepers dungeon
Last edited by Jacon on Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Name:"Wears-A-Coat ( Delve Version)
Hp: 3/5
Attack: 4 ( 3 plus warhammer. Two handed.
def: 2 +1 to slashing weapons( Helmet +1)

Wears-a-long-coat
HP: 5/5 HP
MP: 3/3 MP
ATK: 3 ( +2 two handed bone sword)
DEF: 1
INT: 1

I'm very interested in playing a goblin game. If you create a new one let me know
Come join my game The New Goblin Warriors. viewtopic.php?f=136&t=113403
Jacon
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby knucklekraken on Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:14 pm

How's this for a trait?
Quiet: Night makes so little noise that even when not stealthed other characters have a 50% chance not to detect him.

Member of the Irregulators. Reticulating splines since 2011.

Here are stats for a player race I created, compatible with 3.5 D&D. Please steal.

SPOILERS:Tasty People
+2 Charisma: Tasty People have strong natural pheromones.
-2 Wisdom: Tasty People have a racial predisposition for making bad decisions.
When faced with an encounter involving a predatory creature, a Tasty Person must make a Charisma Check. If the DC (15) is met, the creature will attack the Tasty Person to the exclusion of other targets who are not also Tasty People who have met this DC. The DC should be modified for monsters with a strong sense of smell, I leave this to your discretion as a DM. The monster is not forced to attack the Tasty Person if doing so would cause it to take an attack of opportunity.
A Tasty Person's starting class should be treated as his favored class.

Tasty People speak Common.
knucklekraken
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Godbot on Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:18 pm

knucklekraken wrote:How's this for a trait?
Quiet: Night makes so little noise that even when not stealthed other characters have a 50% chance not to detect him.

I've read just enough Order of the Stick to immediately think of this.
Threads of Reality
Godbot
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby m0rtimer on Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:26 pm

knucklekraken wrote:How's this for a trait?

I intend to only fully discuss traits as soon as the random roll is complete (mainly because I'm a lazy bastard and don't feel like giving an opinion on everything), but know that technically seen, I allow everything: only the cost won't be the same. This would be a good trait though, something it'd put at an cost of... Let us say 2 points. So you would need a small disadvantage, but it'd be fine for the rest :)

m0rtimer
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby askstoomuch on Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:28 pm

jacon why ow why are you carracters always named coat or things with coat in it :D

and mort we can change traits till we get picked right or not

ow sweet mother of all that is toast have murcy on the dice
askstoomuch
Keenspot Despot

Postby Jacon on Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:30 pm

I stick with one character. I'm not much for multi characting

Wears-a-long-coat

I'm very interested in playing a goblin game. If you create a new one let me know
Jacon
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby m0rtimer on Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:34 pm

askstoomuch wrote:jacon why ow why are you carracters always named coat or things with coat in it :D

and mort we can change traits till we get picked right or not

ow sweet mother of all that is toast have murcy on the dice

Yes. Saturday will be when the players will be chosen, but then we'll take as much time as is neccesary to sort out everyone's traits etc. My guess will be that the actual game will start monday, though earlier/later wouldn't matter (for me)

m0rtimer
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby BurnsBees on Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:51 pm

Jacon wrote:I stick with one character. I'm not much for multi characting

Why not try new things?
Beware of the ducks with bombs. They know who you are and they are out to get you.
BurnsBees
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby askstoomuch on Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:52 pm

update my trait, cant wait till saturday hope dice gods are in my favor for once.

trait Savantism whats the cappitol of mortopia no idea lost spend most of his life alone in the woods outside the village ,whic made him a savant when it comes to plants, whats that green thing well thats a lupus plantanos lost is so skilled when it comes to plants that he knows them all and know their natural use for potions and what not.
askstoomuch
Keenspot Despot

Postby Jacon on Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:05 pm

BurnsBees wrote:
Jacon wrote:I stick with one character. I'm not much for multi characting

Why not try new things?

If their are to many warriors are choosen I will switch to a wizard

Wears-a-long-coat

Jacon
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby RandomMerc on Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:52 pm

God, I want to play this so badly! When are signups over again? I can't post an epic background till Saturday... when on Saturday are signups going to be over?

EDIT: Never mind. Background incoming in 30 minutes
Last edited by RandomMerc on Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is a signature.

One Winner of the Arena Slaves (GetAwayIWanttoBeAlone) and Goblin Heroes (Killsafriend)

Runs Into Koalas: Attack: 1 Def: 2(+1 Poisoned Barrel Lid), Health: 5/5
Destroys Nations: Attack: 2(+1 Rusty Sword), Def: 2(+1 Wooden Shield), Health: 4/4. Spells: Magic Missile(Deals 2 MDmg)
RandomMerc
Keenspot Despot

Postby Godbot on Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:53 pm

You can just sign up now and post a bit of your backstory, and then write the rest if/when you get in.

I'm totally overthinking my character's name. The best I've got so far is Cursed With Coincidence, and that's kinda too fancy.
Threads of Reality
Godbot
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby RandomMerc on Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:54 pm

Name: Destroys Nations
color:color=#0000BF
Class: Wizard
Background:
SPOILERS:Keep in mind this background is a short version and may be lengthened or edited at a later date.

The legend of the great goblin Kills a Friend and his near victory in ruling the world has been passed down through a secret cult for centuries.

This cult is known as the secret Devourer clan, and they don't worship the goblin. Nay, they worship the undead, the one known as Fred, who has survived the 50 years since the great war, and has seen everything there has been to see. When Kills died in early death, at 13 years of age, the undead known as Fred raided the human stronghold with the last of the few minions Kills had left, killing the necromancer Lucius and taking his idol. Without Kills to restrain him, who after losing the war on humanity became kinder, Fred kept the idol, and took under his wing the loner goblins in the clans, training them to be hardened warriors, friends of the unliving, and slayers of all, good and evil. Some say his spirit was posessed by the demon Muhon when Kills died. Others say after he took Kills's armor and put it on he became as a god, powerful and mighty. All speak of him in whispers, in tones reserved for his master, Muhon, and all scourges on this earth.

Destroys Nations, forty-five years after the war, was born into the clan. He was shown to be smart, quick on his feet, and clever, yet lacking in strength. However, his name, much like the necromancer of legend that was spoken of in whispers and the bare minimum the storytellers would tell of the goblin, was a curse, and he was left alone often. A couple of his friends planned to use him, a couple more pitied him. When rumors of a powerful undead surged through the camp, Destroys was the first one they sent out, being the one they would least miss.

As he stumbled through the cold winter air, a bony frame came to meet the goblin.

"You look just like him."

Destroys turned, and met the skeleton full on, recoiling in horror at the vicious skeleton. Covered head to toe in black armor, pulsing blue with runes and magic, necromantic carvings, the skeleton Fred stared at the young goblin.

"You also act like him. Your name was cursed, as his was, and you have the traits he did, weak in body, strong in mind, with a fierce desire to serve your clan. It is... fate. You are to be his sucessor."

"Who are you talking about? WHO ARE YOU?"

"I am your teacher, your mentor, and your savior from this wretched exsistence. I am Fred, friend of the friendless, companion of the loner, and slayer of many. And my master? You know him."
"I... I don't understand. What do want with me?" Destroys looked at the skeleton, his eyes slits, and fingered his sword. He couldn't use it well, but if he was to die, he would die bravely.

"To destroy the world. To do what Kills couldn't, and make goblins the dominant species. To rule! And to conquer."

"Meet me here tomorrow, and I will bring the hidden Devourer clan. You will learn about necromancy! I have my master's old scrolls. You will be a new legend." Fred took out a small stone, and in a flash of blue light he was gone.

--------------

The next day Destroys returned to the place, and for five more years his clan never heard of him.

He lived with the cult, and learned their ways, until four years later he returned to the clan upon hearing of the adventurer project.

He was changed, and within two days three goblins were murdered. Nothing pointed to Destroys, but a white hand, with blood not from the victims dropped in the middle, was found painted on the faces of the three victims.

A hand of something unliving was also found near the scene of the murders.

Three days later, the bodies were gone. Or at least, their skeletons were.

As Destroys drank his ale at the tavern, an idol around his neck pulsed, with an ungodly, dark blue light seeping from the cracks.

TRAITS

Heir to the Idol: Destroys has inherited the idol of the undead, but unlike his predecessor only takes it out for emergencys, thus having no drawbacks or increases in power as of yet. -3 Trait Points
Teachings of the Devourer: Destroys gets a + 2 attack bonus when fighting the scourge of goblins: humans, elves, and all "accepted" races - 2 Trait points.
Total Trait Points: 5

Drawbacks

Teachings of the Devourer Clan: Destroys will not attack undead. He may try to turn them or disband them with his idol so he can reanimate them, but he will not swing a sword, fire a magic spell, or attempt to harm any undead with anything other than necromancy due to Fred's influence. +1 Trait Point
Fear of Death- Like his Predecessor, Destroys is a sucker for anything that may lengthen his life, and unlike the ironic death at a young age of his predesessor, Destroys is determined to rise higher. At any mention of an immortality elixer, a potion to lengthen life or a wish for anything in the world, Destroys will spring for it. + 1 Trait Point
Weak in Body - Destroys has 1 less health point then regular goblins. + 1 Trait Point.
Taboo Name - Destroys is less trusted by anything outside the Devourer Clan. + 1 Trait Point.

Total Drawback Points: 4

SPOILERS:If you can only have one trait/drawback, let me know. Most of this stuff is for RP purposes anyways. Also let me know if I used a too good trait. I tried to make it worth a lot of points, so I hope it is alright.
This is a signature.

One Winner of the Arena Slaves (GetAwayIWanttoBeAlone) and Goblin Heroes (Killsafriend)

Runs Into Koalas: Attack: 1 Def: 2(+1 Poisoned Barrel Lid), Health: 5/5
Destroys Nations: Attack: 2(+1 Rusty Sword), Def: 2(+1 Wooden Shield), Health: 4/4. Spells: Magic Missile(Deals 2 MDmg)
RandomMerc
Keenspot Despot

Postby ThroughTheWell on Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:55 pm

Godbot wrote:I'm totally overthinking my character's name. The best I've got so far is Cursed With Coincidence, and that's kinda too fancy.

How about "Say that's wierd"? It leads to all sorts of "Who's on First?" possibilities.
Or "Old weird Harold". I can't recall the IRL origin (a Bill Cosby skit?), but among goblins having the name Harold would be about as odd as a Demon named Walter.

Oh, I like the wierdness magnet idea, particularly if played by the GM as straight and deadpan as possible.
ThroughTheWell
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Godbot on Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:23 pm

Name: Born and Raised
Color: #804000
Class: Ranger
Background: When the fortune teller of Born's clan got a vision of his ridiculous, horrible and kind of sickly hilarious future, he gave the goblin child the simplest, most generic name he could out of confusion and pity. Poor Born and Raised.

He grew up leading what he didn't really notice wasn't a normal life. In a typical season, he'd spend a week being cared for by owls, an extremely tiny flood might carry his bed and only his bed out of the village and freeze it in a distant glacier, and he'd end up very nearly making a deal with a lesser demon in the process of trying to prepare a salad. That sort of thing.

Born and Raised didn't actually plan to come along on this journey, but a pack of vegetarian dire wolves dragged him out of his bed shortly before it was carried off by a miniature flood, and he sort of got caught up in everything before he had a chance to say no or reconsider.

Traits:
Weirdness Magnet: Weird, improbable and sometimes dangerous coincidences have a way of hunting down and singling out Born and Raised. He hasn’t noticed the pattern. +0

Butterfly Effect: Each shot fired has a small chance of entirely missing. If it misses, it somehow still manages to deal damage to multiple enemies, through the power of shenanigans. +2

-1 HP: -1
Last edited by Godbot on Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Threads of Reality
Godbot
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby SlamsWithSticks on Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:26 am

Character updated! I really like this one! :D

Also, I'm in Goblin Gladiators II as far as games are concerned.
Dares Devils, goblin berserker. Threads of reality
Lvl1 berserker. M. 8/10 EXP
HP: 5/5 ATT:3+used weapon DEF:3

Grace of Maglubiyet. Curse of Gold
Last in Lina. Clan Rampage
SlamsWithSticks
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Dusk9 on Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:13 am

Changed my character's colour because kurik has the exact same shade, and noone else is using any sort of red (yet).

EDIT: Dammit Slams!

I can't be bothered to change it again, so I'll just wait and pick something else if we both manage to get in. Also, I like this colour/shade better.
Threads of Reality
Hears-Disembodied-Voices
Lvl 1 Berserker ~ Exp: 9/10 ~ HP: 6/6 ~ Atk: 4 (+1~Rage) ~ Def: 4 (+1~50%) (+1~Rage)
Traits: Automatic Combat Rage; Jekyll and Hyde
Tower Game
Dusk ~ Lvl 2 Wraith Rogue ~ Exp: 2/3 ~ Atk: 2 ~ DEX: 1/4 ~ CON 6 ~ HP: 2/8
Skills: Stealth (1DEX/turn); Sneak Attack; Detect Trap (1DEX, R2)
Lair of the Mountain King
Eaten-By-Rabbits ~ HP: 3/5 ~ Atk: 1 ~ Def: 1
Capture the Flag (CTF) ~ on hiatus
Runs-into-Hard-Surfaces ~ Lvl 8 Trainee Attacker ~ Exp: 46/52
Feats: Sprint Awareness 3; Improved Dodge 2; Nimble 1; Sprint Endurance 1
Dusk9
Keenspot Despot

Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown)

Postby SlamsWithSticks on Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:57 am

Sorry about that dusk! My goblin really wants to be red :) Also, he dares your goblin to a fight for all the marbles and color.
Dares Devils, goblin berserker. Threads of reality
Lvl1 berserker. M. 8/10 EXP
HP: 5/5 ATT:3+used weapon DEF:3

Grace of Maglubiyet. Curse of Gold
Last in Lina. Clan Rampage
SlamsWithSticks
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby LicentiousDey on Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:13 am

Name: Farseer
Color: #404000
Character background: Since Farseer was a child he's wondered what his name means. He can't really see farther than any other goblin. He's actually very self conscious about his name and wants more than anything to have someone explain his destiny to him. His self consciousness lead him to a life of introspective ostracism, living in the shadows away from others. He doesn't like to talk to people, but he can be found watching others converse.
Trait: Amazing reflexes (If rogue) Dreams the future (if cleric)
Class: Rogue (But I'll change to cleric if we don't have enough healers)
LicentiousDey
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby m0rtimer on Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:39 pm

Allright, it seems that pretty much everyone has gotten in what he wanted to get in: so I'll probally do the random draw early tommorow. See you then!

m0rtimer
Keenspot Juggernaut

PreviousNext

Return to Goblins Games