Lair of the Mountain King: MOVED TO NEW FORUM!

Moderator: Thunt

Forum rules
Forum games go here.

Re: Lair of the Mountain King: Chapter One (Turn 29)

Postby Donnigan on Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:55 pm

"Ok...Let's get down to ivory fangs..." FindsTruth says as he lunges at the snowbeast with his rock and bracer. Alternatively, if he has the mana, he will move away from the beast and try to suck out the cold energy from the ground to cast another ice ray.
Madre de Dios! Es El Pollo Diablo!

HasBadTemper
Hit Points: 6/6(+5 goblin, +1 tough)
Attack: 6???(+1 Goblin, +1 Training, +4 Battleaxe, +??? Cold???) (9??? if Raging)
Defence: 8(+1 Goblin, +1 Tough, +3 Kite Shield, +3 Studded Leather)(7 if Raging)(9 or 8 if Wearing Iron Mask, unlikely)
Traits:
Goblin Rage 2: if 2hp or below 4+ attack. - 1def. Can multi strike, first strike.
Shield Bash 1: 25% chance to stun small creatures.

Inventory: Iron Mask
Donnigan
Keenspot Despot

Postby SilverMK2 on Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:20 am

Silver Tongue (now warm?) will return north and help in slaying the beast. He will attempt to stab with the fang rather than slashing.
SilverMK2
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby thinkslogically on Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:34 am

Hey folks, just to let u know I need to put the game on hold for w few days- picked up a nasty stomach bug n won't be able to update for a bit... Hopefully back in action by the weekend but may be later, well see.
Turning points of data into beautiful lines since 2006

Running:
Lair of the Mountain King: Chapter One
Obsidian Portal Link (character info, inventories, monsters): http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/lair-of-the-mountain-king

Escape!: Open to All.

The Goblin Apprentices! - COMPLETE at Turn 50
thinkslogically
Keenspot Despot

Re: Lair of the Mountain King: Chapter One (Turn 30)

Postby thinkslogically on Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:13 am

Turn 30

Burned warms himself up, delighted in the knowledge that they have now found all the ingredients for the potion. Probably. Now... how to get up there?

To the south, Finds and Silver rejoin the battle with the snowbeast while Questions spaces out. The snowbeast manages to hit Finds again for another 1DAM, knocking him down to 2/5HP but the goblins combined attacks are enough to finally finish it off. The corpse is yours for the looting, but Finds and Questions are starting to get cold and will need to warm up next turn.

The melted snow has frozen into ice.

At the cairn, Princess Sparkles is starting her next set of lessons with Travels and Splits. Travels spaces out again, but the others shove him into a seat and the lesson begins.

"Relax... Clear your minds of all extraneous thoughts and emotions..."

Eaten also spaces out while another couple of rabbits appear. They have what appears to be a quick conversation with the ninja rabbit then disappear again...

Turtles discovers that meditating does indeed speed up his MP regeneration, and regains 1MP.

NEXT UPDATE ----->

--------------

SPOILERS:Lots of missing actions this turn unfortunately... If you can't make an update, remember you can always ask the other players to vote for your actions rather than miss turns.
Last edited by thinkslogically on Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Running:
Obsidian Portal Link (character info, inventories, monsters): http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/lair-of-the-mountain-king

thinkslogically
Keenspot Despot

Postby SilverMK2 on Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:29 am

Silver Tongue skins the snow beast and takes the fur.
SilverMK2
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Dusk9 on Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:44 am

Dammit, thought I'd posted.

Eaten moves right then up, planning on using his new magical abilities to help the Chief.

If you can't reach the bush, maybe a magical air blast of some sort could dislodge a few of the berries?
Threads of Reality
Hears-Disembodied-Voices
Lvl 1 Berserker ~ Exp: 9/10 ~ HP: 6/6 ~ Atk: 4 (+1~Rage) ~ Def: 4 (+1~50%) (+1~Rage)
Traits: Automatic Combat Rage; Jekyll and Hyde
Tower Game
Dusk ~ Lvl 2 Wraith Rogue ~ Exp: 2/3 ~ Atk: 2 ~ DEX: 1/4 ~ CON 6 ~ HP: 2/8
Skills: Stealth (1DEX/turn); Sneak Attack; Detect Trap (1DEX, R2)
Lair of the Mountain King
Eaten-By-Rabbits ~ HP: 3/5 ~ Atk: 1 ~ Def: 1
Capture the Flag (CTF) ~ on hiatus
Runs-into-Hard-Surfaces ~ Lvl 8 Trainee Attacker ~ Exp: 46/52
Feats: Sprint Awareness 3; Improved Dodge 2; Nimble 1; Sprint Endurance 1
Dusk9
Keenspot Despot

Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown)

Postby Donnigan on Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:57 am

SPOILERS:Can I leave to the south to avoid damage?

"Th-th-this i-i-is not p-p-pleasant." FindsTruth
says as he heads south for warmer climes, going to the cairn.

HasBadTemper
Attack: 6???(+1 Goblin, +1 Training, +4 Battleaxe, +??? Cold???) (9??? if Raging)
Defence: 8(+1 Goblin, +1 Tough, +3 Kite Shield, +3 Studded Leather)(7 if Raging)(9 or 8 if Wearing Iron Mask, unlikely)
Traits:
Goblin Rage 2: if 2hp or below 4+ attack. - 1def. Can multi strike, first strike.

Donnigan
Keenspot Despot

Postby SilverMK2 on Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:16 am

Donnigan wrote:
SPOILERS:Can I leave to the south to avoid damage?

You can jump up and down on the spot to warm up.
SilverMK2
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby m0rtimer on Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:06 am

Burned has a very, very good idea.

Jump and climb! JUMP AND CLIMB!

Major action: try something that will fail horribly. Try to grab those berries, no matter what the cost!

If he manages to grab atleast two berries, (I believe we needed two) Burned heads south.

Otherwise, he uses the magic of ESP to request two goblins for the famous goblin technique of pyramid building, and moves east for now, for the sake of further exploring.
ME JAM STICK IN STONE. ME CREATE LEVER.

goblin heroes - Completed
threads of reality - in progress
m0rtimer
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby kurik on Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:08 am

Splits keeps on learning.
Splits relaxes and lets go of everything on his mind till there is nothing but the backround cord or annoyance that comes from being this close to Sparkles, and thats really more of an outside force created by her than anything inside of Splits's mind.
Last edited by kurik on Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little.
-George Carlin

Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform.
-Mark Twain

I thought this must be obvious to everyone else, as it seemed obvious to me; and that, if once it became apparent that we were on the edge, all the Great Powers would call a halt and recoil from the abyss.
-Edward Grey
kurik
Keenspot Despot

Postby saithed on Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:36 pm

turtles heads towards chief burns to aid in berry gathering. so double move north keeping quit around the cave with sleeping thing inside

as for the fire we can move water and make heat with magic so we can dry and light the sticks that have been gathered when some one has a spare turn and mp
saithed
Keenspotter Supreme

Re: Lair of the Mountain King: Chapter One (Turn 31)

Postby thinkslogically on Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:15 am

Turn 31

Eaten makes his way east then north to meet up with Burned, and gets as far as the little cave. The tempting, tempting cave.

Turtles also heads towards the chief, but chooses to go via the large cave. Seems like whatever is inside is still sleeping at least.

Burned meanwhile, attempts to jump and climb his way towards the berry bush....

...but he slips mid-climb and lands awkwardly, losing 1HP and bringing him down to 2/5HP. Still if there's a reward for falling off stuff, he's got to be in the running!

At the cairn, Splits continues to learn, but he's having difficulty letting go of his annoyance towards Princess Sparkles.

"Come on purple ears, focus on the sounds of the wind and the drops of rain... Let go of all your internal thoughts and emotions and feel the energies of the outside world weave around you..."

Unfortunately it looks like Travels has completely spaced out to the point of falling asleep. He drools gently down his shoulder. Looks like he'll need to restart the lessons if he wants to learn anything...

Finds hurries down from the north to warm up and feels much better once he reaches the others at the cairn.

To the north, Questions spaces out again and is getting really cold. He takes 1DAM from the effects of the cold and starts to shiver more violently. He is now at 3/5HP.

Silver gets to work skinning the snowbeast and makes a bit of progress, but it will take a bit of time to finish. He starts to feel the cold though and will take damage next turn if he doesn't warm up soon.

NEXT UPDATE ----->

------------

SPOILERS:If someone misses 3 consecutive updates, their goblin goes up for adoption to the lurking crowd. At the moment, that's Quarg and Aelthas. Next update will be on Monday as normal.
Last edited by thinkslogically on Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Running:

thinkslogically
Keenspot Despot

Postby kurik on Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:20 am

Splits relaxes untill there's nothing mut the sound in his ears and the shifting colors behing his eyelids.
If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little.
-George Carlin

Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform.
-Mark Twain

I thought this must be obvious to everyone else, as it seemed obvious to me; and that, if once it became apparent that we were on the edge, all the Great Powers would call a halt and recoil from the abyss.
-Edward Grey
kurik
Keenspot Despot

Postby m0rtimer on Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:23 am

"God I'm an idiot."

If his two comrades arrive and help him, Burned will attempt to use the technique of goblin pyramid to collect some berries. If no goblins or not sufficient goblins arrive to help in the forming of the goblin pyramid, Burned will warm himself up this turn.

We should really get that potion finished for the trolls, then hopefully we can use that tankard for healing potions etc. It seems ome of us, including me, could use it.

Also, the two of you that are coming to help (thanks), we'll check that little cave afterwards :) This one probably will end up having some kind of monster in it, I bet.
ME JAM STICK IN STONE. ME CREATE LEVER.

goblin heroes - Completed
threads of reality - in progress
m0rtimer
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby SilverMK2 on Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:57 am

Silver Tongue sees Questions standing there shivering, gazing into space. If he does not do anything this turn, Silver Tongue will take him one square south.

If Questions does realise he is freezing to death and warms himself up, Silver will jump up and down on the spot to get warm.
SilverMK2
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Dusk9 on Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:02 pm

Eaten moves north and tries to use his newfound magical powers to create a gust of wind and knock some berries from the bush. If that fails, he'll stand there while the Chief uses him to reach the bush.
Threads of Reality
Hears-Disembodied-Voices
Lvl 1 Berserker ~ Exp: 9/10 ~ HP: 6/6 ~ Atk: 4 (+1~Rage) ~ Def: 4 (+1~50%) (+1~Rage)
Traits: Automatic Combat Rage; Jekyll and Hyde
Tower Game
Dusk ~ Lvl 2 Wraith Rogue ~ Exp: 2/3 ~ Atk: 2 ~ DEX: 1/4 ~ CON 6 ~ HP: 2/8
Skills: Stealth (1DEX/turn); Sneak Attack; Detect Trap (1DEX, R2)
Lair of the Mountain King
Eaten-By-Rabbits ~ HP: 3/5 ~ Atk: 1 ~ Def: 1
Capture the Flag (CTF) ~ on hiatus
Runs-into-Hard-Surfaces ~ Lvl 8 Trainee Attacker ~ Exp: 46/52
Feats: Sprint Awareness 3; Improved Dodge 2; Nimble 1; Sprint Endurance 1
Dusk9
Keenspot Despot

Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown)

Postby Donnigan on Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:42 pm

"That was less than enjoyable...Princess, is it possible to heal oneself without doing damage to the surrounding wildlife?" FindsTruth asks, following her advise. If she has no solution or is preoccupied with the teaching, he will sure down and begin meditating, attempting to open himself more to the magical energy around them.

HasBadTemper
Traits:

Donnigan
Keenspot Despot

Postby Jacon on Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:07 pm

SPOILERS:I believe Aethles said he might not be able to update this week.
Name:"Wears-A-Coat ( Delve Version)
Hp: 3/5
Attack: 4 ( 3 plus warhammer. Two handed.
def: 2 +1 to slashing weapons( Helmet +1)

Wears-a-long-coat
HP: 5/5 HP
MP: 3/3 MP
ATK: 3 ( +2 two handed bone sword)
DEF: 1
INT: 1

I'm very interested in playing a goblin game. If you create a new one let me know
Come join my game The New Goblin Warriors. viewtopic.php?f=136&t=113403
Jacon
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby saithed on Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:17 pm

turtles will head west towards chief

"you know my stylish belt may be of use in this"

turtles hands off his belt to chief to be used as a whip of sorts to knock down some berries (if they are any) and readies himself to be literally stepped on by the chief

"now that i think of it i am this isn't much of a change from life in the village"

Or turtles will marvel at eatens use of magic if it works and then warm himself up a bit
saithed
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby thinkslogically on Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:58 am

Jacon wrote:
SPOILERS:I believe Aethles said he might not be able to update this week.

Ah cool thanks, must have missed that. I'll not give questions away yet then!

Running:

thinkslogically
Keenspot Despot

Postby Aelthas on Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:44 pm

Shit! Sorry guys, I was away and thought I had time. My bad. Questions warms up.
Giggles Incessantly
HP: 5/5
ATK: 5 (Short Blade +2, Short Blade [Offhand] +1, Short Blade Specialization +1)
DEF: 6/7 (Half-Plate Armor +3, Goblin +1, 50% chance of +1 from Leather Cap, +1 for being used to it.)
Abilities: Renew (heal 1 HP on touch as a Major Action, must wait one turn after using to use again), Dodge (15% chance to avoid melee damage)
Aelthas
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby thinkslogically on Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:44 pm

No worries :) Glad you're back!

Running:

thinkslogically
Keenspot Despot

Postby Quarg on Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:11 pm

Travels wakes up and then listens to Sparkle for a moment...
Then he attempts to communicate mentally with the dead goblin
So, as some damn human warlock tried to inform me once, the energy of spells is derived from our surroundings...but as an old badger, the talking variety, once said that all matter is energy...so can I just take energy from a material to use in a spell?

and I've been traveling so much to have been blanking on what to write for all my threads really...
Behold the Power of Cheese

Walks the Night -Scryer
HP: 5/5
Atk: 1 +1 Dagger?
Def: 1

Ubotandal-God of Darkness
Quarg
Keenspot Despot

Re: Lair of the Mountain King: Chapter One (Turn 32)

Postby thinkslogically on Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:48 pm

Turn 32

At the cairn, Splits continues to meditate, allowing the surrounding energies to fill his mind with colours and push away all thoughts of stupid, annoying Princess Sparkles. Well, almost all. As he allows his mind to drift, he can almost sense a pattern forming amongst the energies but it's so faint... Travels jerks awake beside him.

"Rise and shine, purple guy! I think you relaxed too much!"
"So, as some damn human warlock tried to inform me once, the energy of spells is derived from our surroundings...but as an old badger, the talking variety, once said that all matter is energy...so can I just take energy from a material to use in a spell?"
"What the hell were you doing listening to a badger? They talk nothing but nonsense you know - the owls make them jealous and then they try and make themselves look smart by making up words like 'entropy' and 'thermodynamics'. It's a vicious spiral of nonsense, you shouldn't listen to THEM! ...Anyway, you can take energy from wherever you like really, but the stronger the source the easier it is to manipulate into something useful. Assuming that you have the ability to control it of course! You need more magic to take energies from a large area, or from a powerful source usually. * "

"That was less than enjoyable...Princess, is it possible to heal oneself without doing damage to the surrounding wildlife?"
"Well, you don't have to target the wildlife, but all spells have a price..."

Finds ponders her answer.

"God I'm an idiot."

While Burned picks himself up, Eaten and Turtles prepare themselves for some GoblinStack TM action and whips off his snakeskin belt.

"you know my stylish belt may be of use in this"

Eaten focusses his attention on the icy air around him and uses his magic to try and direct a blast of wind at the berry bush. A fresh breeze puffs at the bush for a moment, but the berries, sadly, stay firmly attached although the air is now noticeably, oddly still. I guess a lot more power is required to direct energy from such a large area... Eaten is now down to 0MP. Fortunately, he has far more success at GoblinStackingTM.

Turtles hands his belt to the chief to use as some sort of berry-whip, then climbs onto Eatens shoulders so Burned can reach the berry bush. It's a bit wobbly but so far so good...

Burned grins at the mighty stack of goblins before him. Surely nothing can stop him reaching those berries now!

"Wooaah - easy Chief!"
"Uh Chief? I think my grip is going..."
"Uh oh..."

"dammit guys."

Except gravity I guess... Eaten lands awkwardly from the fall and takes 1DAM, but fortunately no-one else is hurt. Unfortunately, everyone is getting really cold now and need to warm up.

Just as Silver is starting to wonder if he will need to gently shepherd his vacant companion back to safety, Questions snaps back to himself. The pair of them spend a happy turn warming up.

---------

* Ok, this is where my knowledge of physics starts to get really stretched! I'm happy for you guys to try anything you like with the magic, but you'll need to be explicit with what you're trying to achieve so I can work it out (use spoilers or an OOC message if you like, but let me know your energy source and the intended effect as a minimum if you can and me and the dice will figure out if it works!). I'll try and accomodate as best I can, as long as it fits the game.

SPOILERS:I think M0rt might be the unluckiest player I've ever met for falling in stuff. Didn't you do this A LOT in the apprentices game too at the river crossing? Ah well, random.org clearly doesn't like you!

Running:

thinkslogically
Keenspot Despot

Re: Lair of the Mountain King: Chapter One (Turn 32)

Postby saithed on Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:11 pm

turtles does some warming up in by running on the spot

"i know this sounds silly but are we goblins cold blooded?? we don't seem to deal with the cold that well"
saithed
Keenspotter Supreme

PreviousNext

Return to Goblins Games