Lair of the Mountain King: MOVED TO NEW FORUM!

Moderator: Thunt

Forum rules
Forum games go here.

Re: Lair of the Mountain King: Chapter One (Turn 25)

Postby Dusk9 on Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:59 am

Eaten relaxes, listening to Princess Sparkles as she teaches.
Threads of Reality
Hears-Disembodied-Voices
Lvl 1 Berserker ~ Exp: 9/10 ~ HP: 6/6 ~ Atk: 4 (+1~Rage) ~ Def: 4 (+1~50%) (+1~Rage)
Traits: Automatic Combat Rage; Jekyll and Hyde
Tower Game
Dusk ~ Lvl 2 Wraith Rogue ~ Exp: 2/3 ~ Atk: 2 ~ DEX: 1/4 ~ CON 6 ~ HP: 2/8
Skills: Stealth (1DEX/turn); Sneak Attack; Detect Trap (1DEX, R2)
Lair of the Mountain King
Eaten-By-Rabbits ~ HP: 3/5 ~ Atk: 1 ~ Def: 1
Capture the Flag (CTF) ~ on hiatus
Runs-into-Hard-Surfaces ~ Lvl 8 Trainee Attacker ~ Exp: 46/52
Feats: Sprint Awareness 3; Improved Dodge 2; Nimble 1; Sprint Endurance 1
Dusk9
Keenspot Despot

Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown)

Postby m0rtimer on Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:47 am

"Well, we have not yet encountered any bush of such kind. Do you perhaps know where we could find such a bush then?"

After asking, move south, unless he's told that they are probably closeby, in which case he'll move into the general direction they tell him to/north.
ME JAM STICK IN STONE. ME CREATE LEVER.

goblin heroes - Completed
threads of reality - in progress
m0rtimer
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby kurik on Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:15 am

Splits stalks back to the carin and plops down for the rest of the magic lesson, a sour expression on his face.
SPOILERS:I don't think Splits likes sparkles much.
If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little.
-George Carlin

Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform.
-Mark Twain

I thought this must be obvious to everyone else, as it seemed obvious to me; and that, if once it became apparent that we were on the edge, all the Great Powers would call a halt and recoil from the abyss.
-Edward Grey
kurik
Keenspot Despot

Re: Lair of the Mountain King: Chapter One (Turn 26)

Postby thinkslogically on Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:43 am

Since it's still the Christmas break and 2 folk are still to post actions, I'll assume more time is needed before the next turn goes up and I'll wait for actions from everyone.

We'll keep going like this until next Wednesday (4th), at which point the normal update schedule will come back into play.
Turning points of data into beautiful lines since 2006

Running:
Lair of the Mountain King: Chapter One
Obsidian Portal Link (character info, inventories, monsters): http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/lair-of-the-mountain-king

Escape!: Open to All.

The Goblin Apprentices! - COMPLETE at Turn 50
thinkslogically
Keenspot Despot

Postby thinkslogically on Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:05 pm

<nudge>

Still waiting for actions from Quarg and SilverMK2

<nuuuuudge>

Running:
Obsidian Portal Link (character info, inventories, monsters): http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/lair-of-the-mountain-king

thinkslogically
Keenspot Despot

Postby Quarg on Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:29 pm

Travels moves up the hill and then looks in the cave...

I thought I had posted devlin it...
Behold the Power of Cheese

Walks the Night -Scryer
HP: 5/5
Atk: 1 +1 Dagger?
Def: 1

Ubotandal-God of Darkness
Quarg
Keenspot Despot

Postby SilverMK2 on Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:06 am

Well, I don't really know what would happen to me but it's SOOOO BOOOORING here I'm willing to risk it. How bad can it be? Anyway, if you bring the bone shard back here and rebuild the cairn I should be able to return to my full strength. But someone would need to bring the bone back here, so I'd be trusting you not to all die out here or leave me somewhere stupid. ... As for your voice, I'm really sorry but I don't think I can help you. I can teach you how to use magic same as the others, cos that doesn't need you to speak but your voice is something different. There used to be ancient powers in the Mountain Halls though that might be able to help if you can get to them.

That is a great deal of trust to place into this group! However, I would be willing to be your guardian, should we take you with us. It is good to know that there might be somewhere out there where I can tame my voice. I certainly would like to learn some magic, if you are teaching the others I would certainly sit in on the lessons.

(sorry for the delay, I am back at work now so do not have to internet via phone :D)
SilverMK2
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Re: Lair of the Mountain King: Chapter One (Turn 26)

Postby thinkslogically on Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:35 am

Turn 26

Welcome back and Happy New Year to everyone who's playing / lurking :D Let's get this game going again shall we?

Finds and Eaten continue learning. Silver and Splits arrive and settle down nearby to start learning too.

"Relax your minds and allow the patterns of energy to form in your minds. Don't reach out to them yet, just follow them and learn their movements..."

"Psst, Voice guy and purple ears - you'll need to wait till these guys are finished before I can start teaching you. Shouldn't be too long, but I can't teach two classes at once... Also, don't worry about me voice guy. If you lot really are the last of this clan I expect you could probably do with my help and if you all die I doubt anyone else will be coming after you. So no pressure or anything, but I expect you're the clan's last hope anyway."

Damn. Seems like they'll have to wait until Finds and Eaten are finished their lessons before they can be taught.

Back at the wet trees, Questions continues to quest for branches. Assuming that means he wants to pick up some wet branches, it's super effective! Questions collects: [Wet branches]. Turtles comments to no-one in particular that the cave to the northeast might contain something useful or smite-able.

"maybe there be something in the cave that could be useful or i can try kill with my magic".

Burned chats to the trolls a bit more.

"Well, we have not yet encountered any bush of such kind. Do you perhaps know where we could find such a bush then?"
"There's usually a few <aaaatchoooo!> along the <hack> cliffs <cough> to the <ah> to the <aaah> to the <aaaaatchoo!> north. I'd try there <sniiiifffff>.

Burned heads north where it is very cold and finds himself at the base of a huge cliff. The amulet begins to tremble slightly, but he's going to need to warm up next turn or else take damage. It would be soooo nice if they could find some warm clothes or something...

Since there are no caves uphill (north), Travels heads west and looks in the mushroom cave.

Seems like it'll be a bit longer before any decent sized mushrooms grow back. There's still plenty of that red and green mossy stuff though.

-------------------
EDIT: Reminder that the game reverts to its normal schedule tonight. Update 27 will go up in approximately 10 hours.

NOTICE: Guys, could you please try and be as specific with your actions if possible! I had to guess what a couple of you were wanting to do this turn, and obviously that's no good for you if I guess wrong. If you could try and stick to N, S, E, W or up, down, left and right with your directions too that would be a big help. Cheers!

Wet branches: Must be dried out before they can be burnt.

SPOILERS:To be honest, I'm kind of surprised no-one else has taken a dislike to Princess Sparkles. I'm having a great deal of fun with her, but she's a pain in the ass :)
Last edited by thinkslogically on Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Running:

thinkslogically
Keenspot Despot

Re: Lair of the Mountain King: Chapter One (We're Back!)

Postby m0rtimer on Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:50 am

Burned will spend the turn curling up like a little baby and warming himself up.

m0rtimer
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby SilverMK2 on Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:41 am

Silver Tongue tries to take shelter from the rain in the lee of the rock pile.

Silver Tongue moves north, looking for berry bearing bushes (ok, he heard someone talking about it :P).
Last edited by SilverMK2 on Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
SilverMK2
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby m0rtimer on Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:19 am

SilverMK2 wrote:Silver Tongue tries to take shelter from the rain in the lee of the rock pile.

http://qkme.me/35mpvj

m0rtimer
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Donnigan on Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:12 am

"..." FindsTruth forms the patterns in his mind, allowing them free reign and watching what is made.
Madre de Dios! Es El Pollo Diablo!

HasBadTemper
Hit Points: 6/6(+5 goblin, +1 tough)
Attack: 6???(+1 Goblin, +1 Training, +4 Battleaxe, +??? Cold???) (9??? if Raging)
Defence: 8(+1 Goblin, +1 Tough, +3 Kite Shield, +3 Studded Leather)(7 if Raging)(9 or 8 if Wearing Iron Mask, unlikely)
Traits:
Goblin Rage 2: if 2hp or below 4+ attack. - 1def. Can multi strike, first strike.
Shield Bash 1: 25% chance to stun small creatures.

Inventory: Iron Mask
Donnigan
Keenspot Despot

Postby kurik on Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:35 am

Splits goes back to the river to collect some rocks that could be shaped into knives so he can skin the dead bunnies he has and try to make warm fuzzy shoes.

SPOILERS:I know I only have enough actions to get to the river, I just wrote all that so I wouldn't forget what my plan was untill Sparkles is done teaching the first group.
If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little.
-George Carlin

Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform.
-Mark Twain

I thought this must be obvious to everyone else, as it seemed obvious to me; and that, if once it became apparent that we were on the edge, all the Great Powers would call a halt and recoil from the abyss.
-Edward Grey
kurik
Keenspot Despot

Postby thinkslogically on Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:05 am

Fine by me :)

Just so's you all know, I'm not planning on updating the game with stats / inventory updates since those are kept at the Obsidian Portal wiki over at:
http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/lair-of-the-mountain-king

If you guys want to keep you own records or write stuff up in a different way though that's fine by me.

Running:

thinkslogically
Keenspot Despot

Postby Dusk9 on Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:20 am

Eaten continues to learn magic, trying his best to ignore the rain as he does.
Threads of Reality
Hears-Disembodied-Voices
Lvl 1 Berserker ~ Exp: 9/10 ~ HP: 6/6 ~ Atk: 4 (+1~Rage) ~ Def: 4 (+1~50%) (+1~Rage)
Tower Game
Dusk9
Keenspot Despot

Postby saithed on Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:44 pm

turtles double moves north
as he passes the others he may say hi if they are not busy with magics and what not
saithed
Keenspotter Supreme

Re: Lair of the Mountain King: Chapter One (Turn 27)

Postby thinkslogically on Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:03 pm

Turn 27

"Allow yourself to become one with the energies of the mountain... Feel them become a part of yourself. Know that you are merely an extension of the powers of the mountain and they are an extension of you, ready to be bent to your own purposes, but never forced. Imagine what you want to achieve and allow the energies to follow their own path to achieve what you want."

As the goblins sit under the cairn listening to Princess Sparkles softly speaking instructions in their minds, they begin to understand what she is talking about... As she continues to speak, softly and gently, the goblins know that they are a part of something greater than themselves, and that all things in the mountain are bound together, from the insects in the ground to the birds in the sky and those bonds can be manipulated... Suddenly, as though a veil has been lifted, they understand.

Eaten and Finds have become Novice Magicians and now have 1MP each. Also, even though I totally forgot to mention it at the time, Turtles's MP has restored itself over time and he is back up to 2/2MP. It took 3 turns for each MP to regenerate. Honest. :nervous:

"Hellz yeah! I knew I was good, but I still wasn't sure if I was good enough to train a bunch of losers like you lot are, but I am! Hahaha! Ok, that's all the training you lot need for now, but if you want to know any more, I'll teach you some basic theory and answer some questions about how you're supposed to actually USE your magic now you've got the fundamentals down. Or, if any of your other friends want to learn from me, the maestro of magic, tell them to pop over and I'll see what I can do.

At the cliff, Burned does his warm-me-up dance and feels much better. The amulet starts to tremble more vigorously against his chest.

Turtles and Silver head north, but are stopped at the small cliff by the angry snow beast that Burned woke up earlier on. It stands and snarls aggressively at the goblins but doesn't attack. Yet.

Splits makes it back to the river bank.

Questions is so pleased with his sticks that he spaces out, while Travels spaces out with his head in the mushroom cave. He starts to feel a bit high from the weird smells...

--------------

SPOILERS:What kind of mushrooms WERE they? I hope Mr. Rock isn't getting STONED from being left in the inventory with them all this time :D

Running:

thinkslogically
Keenspot Despot

Postby m0rtimer on Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:13 pm

Oh right. There was that thing. :nervous:

Well, if you guys want, I'll come over and we can give it an asswhuping first. Though we might want to wait with that, in which case you guys are best of absconding for now.

If the others want to take down the snowbeast: move east.

If they don't, move west. (then they could try and abscond to the north. Pas the beast. Yeah. Or try and go around it? :shifty: )

m0rtimer
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Dusk9 on Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:19 pm

"So, what types of magic are there, exactly? And how do they work, in general?"
Threads of Reality
Hears-Disembodied-Voices
Tower Game
Dusk9
Keenspot Despot

Postby kurik on Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:57 pm

Splits gathers some decent looking rocks (flint if there is any) and heads back to the cairn for a magic lession.

SPOILERS:Don't start the next lesson without me, you'll be distracted and I'll have a bunch of rocks. :lol: :lol: :evil:

:shifty:
-George Carlin

-Mark Twain

-Edward Grey
kurik
Keenspot Despot

Postby Donnigan on Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:22 pm

"Is it possible for you to teach me any magic of divining the Truth in someone statements, or finding a desired object?" FindsTruth asks, feeling his new powers out. "Basic theory wouldn't hurt either."
Madre de Dios! Es El Pollo Diablo!

HasBadTemper
Hit Points: 6/6(+5 goblin, +1 tough)
Attack: 6???(+1 Goblin, +1 Training, +4 Battleaxe, +??? Cold???) (9??? if Raging)
Defence: 8(+1 Goblin, +1 Tough, +3 Kite Shield, +3 Studded Leather)(7 if Raging)(9 or 8 if Wearing Iron Mask, unlikely)
Traits:
Goblin Rage 2: if 2hp or below 4+ attack. - 1def. Can multi strike, first strike.
Shield Bash 1: 25% chance to stun small creatures.

Inventory: Iron Mask
Donnigan
Keenspot Despot

Postby Quarg on Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:55 pm

Travels moves west to the Carin*

Because I am not building a fire in the mushroom cave nor going after the ice berries without a damn rope.
Behold the Power of Cheese

Walks the Night -Scryer
HP: 5/5
Atk: 1 +1 Dagger?
Def: 1

Ubotandal-God of Darkness
Quarg
Keenspot Despot

Postby SilverMK2 on Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:11 am

Silver Tongue looks to Turtles. If he stays to fight the monster, Silver Tongue will stay with him.

If not, Silver Tongue will go East.
SilverMK2
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby thinkslogically on Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:09 am

SPOILERS:I can't believe none of you have laughed at / commented on my hilarious stoned joke :evil: Bad things will come of this!

Running:

thinkslogically
Keenspot Despot

Postby m0rtimer on Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:12 am

thinkslogically wrote:
SPOILERS:I can't believe none of you have laughed at / commented on my hilarious stoned joke :evil: Bad things will come of this!

Nono, that joke was so good, we were...

*puts on sunglasses*

rocking of our chairs.

... What, it's very bright today, I need those sunglasses.

m0rtimer
Keenspot Juggernaut

PreviousNext

Return to Goblins Games