Goblin Gladiators Campaign 2

Moderator: Thunt

Forum rules
Forum games go here.

Re: Goblin Gladiators Campaign 2

Postby Wildman on Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:51 am

PicksUpSticks wrote:Jumps falls back to J6 and attacks one of the dwarfs, dumping a fatigue point to power up the shot. He finishes by moving one square back (K6)

From J6, you won't have LoS to either dwarf because Smells is in the way. But fear not, you can see them both from where you are currently standing, so I'll just have you attack first, then retreat to K6. Also, if you don't specify which dwarf, I'll pick one randomly (no biggie).

To all players: Since this is the first battle (and more of an introduction to the mechanics of the game), I probably won't go all out with the bad guys (I probably won't down Jumps this turn). Do not expect anything similar once we really get into the game. But fear not, if the group ever fails a battle, they can retry it if they want to.

Also to all players: it is absolutely ok to say 'the weakest' or 'the one that Jumps attacks' when declaring targets. I'll do my best to interpret. You can also condition your action however you want (eg, if the elf does this then I'll do that) and I'll do my best to interpret.

Goblin Gladiators Campaign 1 is Complete.
Little Hands is currently in the Pit of Danger, and will be for quite some time.
Successful killer in TSK Round 24. Partner: KittiHello.
Co-winner of the TSK Lightning Round, along with SharesLoot.
Successful killer in TSK Round 33, with some help from SeeAMoose at the end.
Wildman
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Haragorn on Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:16 am

I can pass you my armor. It's only 1 def, but that's better than nothing.
Haragorn
Keenspot Despot

Postby Wildman on Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:25 pm

Again nothing from Zyb. I'll PM him to let him know we have started. If he misses a couple more I'm gonna give his spot away.

Turn 2:
The elves go first again. The elf in space D7 battle. He first attacks Jumps, who takes 1 damage and drops from 3 to 2 HP. With his second attack, he targets Smells. Since Smells has 2 armor, the elf decides to put 2 fatigue into the attack. But Smells is lucky, as neither Atk +1 (50%) from the fatigue kicks in. The attack is ineffective. As the arrow is stopped by Smells's armor, the crowd gasps. Perhaps these goblins are tougher than they seem. The second elf (in space D6) also decides to battle, and on the same targets. He spends a fatigue to move to E7 and first attacks Jumps, who takes 1 damage and drops from 2 to 1 HP. The elf's second attack targets Smells and the elf pumps it with a single fatigue. This time the fatigue kicks in and Smells takes a damage, dropping from 5 to 4 HP. Jumps drops to one knee, and the crowd resumes its cheering of the elves. The dwarves look hungry for blood...

But they will have to wait. It's time for most of the goblins to act. Jumps goes first. He rises from his knee and looses an arrow at the dwarf on E6, pumping the attack with a single fatigue. The extra damage kicks in and the attack does 2 damage. The dwarf falls from 6 to 4 HP. The crowd is stunned. Jumps then retreats to K6. Thinks goes next. He runs ahead to C8, engaging the elf on D7. Little Feet goes next. Lacking solid equipment, she retreats to J10 and places a dodge order. She gains +1 Def until her next move. Falsifies goes next. He thought he would go after the dwarves, but his initiative is one higher. He moves to J9 (as far from a target as possible) and lets an arrow fly. Since the attack won't damage the dwarf (1d1p verses 2 def), Falsifies gets a 25% chance to score a lucky strike. He is unsuccessful. The arrow glances off the dwarf's armor. Fights goes next. He moves up to L5 and sets a dodge order. The crowd seems unimpressed, as the goblins managed to deal the same amount of damage as the elves but more than twice as many of them acted.

Now the dwarves get their turn. The dwarf on F5 moves to G7 and attacks Smells. The dwarf puts a single point of fatigue into the attack as he wouldn't be able to damage Smells otherwise. The extra damage kicks in and Smells takes a single damage, dropping from 4 to 3 HP. The dwarf on E6 moves to C7 and attacks Thinks for 1 damage. Thinks drops from 5 to 4 HP. The crowd roars as both dwarves are able to draw blood, the first melee attacks of the battle.

Smells is the last to act. He battles, attacking the adjacent dwarf twice. Each attack does 1 damage and the dwarf drops from 6 to 4 HP. The crowd holds its breath as the dwarf gets struck with the longsword and staggers.

Note to players:
~While there are achievements, they are 'disabled' for the first battle, and they will be awarded at the end of a battle.
Last edited by Wildman on Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Little Hands is currently in the Pit of Danger, and will be for quite some time.
Wildman
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Haragorn on Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:57 pm

Didn't you push lucky strike up to 25% for this game?
Haragorn
Keenspot Despot

Postby SharesLoot on Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:08 am

Haragorn wrote:Didn't you push lucky strike up to 25% for this game?
Wildman wrote:~Whenever an attack is ineffectual due to the target's armor, there is a 25% chance of a 1 damage (ignoring armor) lucky strike.
Yup, he did. Probably Wildman just didn't get around to reading the new rules yet :P
:shifty: Dont smite me :nervous:
╔═Clan Rampage══Goblin Gladiators II══Hats II══The Forsaken═══╗
╠═Hairy═════════Little Feet═════════Falls════Cockadoodle═══╣
╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
SharesLoot
Keenspot Despot

Postby Wildman on Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:29 am

SharesLoot wrote:
Haragorn wrote:Didn't you push lucky strike up to 25% for this game?
Wildman wrote:~Whenever an attack is ineffectual due to the target's armor, there is a 25% chance of a 1 damage (ignoring armor) lucky strike.
Yup, he did. Probably Wildman just didn't get around to reading the new rules yet :P
:shifty: Dont smite me :nervous:

Haha! You are both correct. Re-rolling now, and...still a miss, sorry!

Just a note to everyone, just because I didn't kill Jumps when I had the chance doesn't mean I won't kill others now that you've had a warning!

Also, don't forget that drinking a potion only costs 1 movement point.

Wildman
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Haragorn on Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:40 am

Thinks Ogres Are Not That Scary
Attack the elf, dodge.
Haragorn
Keenspot Despot

Re: Goblin Gladiators Campaign 2 - Sign-ups Open

Postby SharesLoot on Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:19 am

Little Feet decides not to hang around and wait like a wimp. She advances:
  1. Move to H7
  2. Attack the Dwarf on G7
  3. Move to I6 using one point of Fatigue. She takes no AoO since Smells is also adjacent to the Dwarf.
SharesLoot
Keenspot Despot

Postby Zyb on Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:23 am

Ahhh so sorry i haven't been posting actions, I have been in the middle of moving to a new house.

Smells will go crazy on the Dwarf next to him, double attacking and adding 1 point of Fatigue to each attack.
Zyb
Junior Keenspotter

Postby PicksUpSticks on Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:46 am

So am I able to attack the dwarf from my current position?
Threads of Reality
Picks The Plan - Goblin Warrior
Level 1
Tower Game
Zombie Picks Up Sticks - Zombie Shaman
Cantrips/Inflict - 1 | Debuff/Buff - 2 | Suggestion - 3
Clan Rampage
Breaks A Leg - Goblin Knee Basher
Alive and stupid.
Goblin Heroes- PicksUpSticks - Completed
PicksUpSticks
Keenspot Despot

Postby Wildman on Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:16 am

PicksUpSticks wrote:So am I able to attack the dwarf from my current position?

Yes. The range is 4, and your LoS line would start in K6 (where you are) and go through J6, I6, I7, H7, and G7 (your target). Since all but the endpoints are empty, you are good.

Also, welcome back Zyb.

Wildman
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby PicksUpSticks on Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:44 am

Jumps-to-Conclusions spends all of his fatigue to bolster up an attack on the dwarf at G7.

He then rests
Threads of Reality
Level 1
Tower Game
Clan Rampage
Alive and stupid.
PicksUpSticks
Keenspot Despot

Postby SharesLoot on Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:02 am

Lovely avatar, Zyb :D

Like! => Image
SharesLoot
Keenspot Despot

Postby Wildman on Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:55 am

Since we are still waiting on a couple of people, I'll look to make the update later tonight or in the morning.

Wildman
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby kurik on Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:49 pm

Sorry, I was at work.

Fights moves to I-7, uses a point of Ftg to move to H-7 and attacks the dwarf.
If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little.
-George Carlin

Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform.
-Mark Twain

I thought this must be obvious to everyone else, as it seemed obvious to me; and that, if once it became apparent that we were on the edge, all the Great Powers would call a halt and recoil from the abyss.
-Edward Grey
kurik
Keenspot Despot

Postby Wildman on Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:07 am

Turn 3:
The elf on D7 goes first. He decides to attack Thinks, spending one fatigue (dropping from 2 to 1) to pump damage. He is successful, and the attack deals one damage. Thinks drops from 4 to 3 HP. The elf then retreats to A4. He doesn't take an AoO because the dwarf on C7 is also adjacent. The second elf attacks Smells, spending both of his remaining fatigue to pump damage. Both are successful and the attack does 1 damage. Smells drops from 3 to 2 HP. The elf then retreats to D4. The crowd resumes its cheering as both elves are able to deal damage. It would seem the crowd thinks the goblins are doomed to fail.

Jumps is the first goblin to act. He decides to make a single attack on the dwarf in space G7, pumping it up with all 3 of his fatigue. All 3 are successful! The attack does 4 damage, and the dwarf crumples to the ground, dead. The crowd gasps. Jumps raises his bow above his head. The silence lingers in the air for what seems like hours. Then the crowd begins cheering again. Except this time, they are cheering for the goblins. Give them death and they will give you respect. Jumps then places a rest order on himself. Little Feet goes next, and she moves to I6. She doesn't have to spend any fatigue as planned because she didn't have to stop to attack the dwarf. Thinks goes next, wanting to attack the elf. Since the elf has retreated, he decides to attack the dwarf instead. His attack would normally not do damage, so he's got a 25% chance for a lucky strike. He isn't so lucky and the attack doesn't do any damage. Thinks then places a dodge order and gets +1 defense until his next turn. Fights goes next, and similar to Little Feet, he moves to H7, not having to spend fatigue to get there as he isn't attacking. Falsifies goes next [nothing submitted, so I'm making his order up] and moves to G7 and takes a shot at the elf on D4. The attack does 1 damage and the elf drops from 4 to 3 HP. The crowd is still cheering from the earlier kill, but the dwarf is looking to change that.

The dwarf keeps it simple - he battles Thinks. Because of Thinks's extra defense, the dwarf spend 1 fatigue on each attack. Both rolls fail and the dwarf doesn't harm Thinks thanks to his extra armor. The crowd seems to cheer even more fervently since a goblins was able to completely defend blows from a dwarf.

Smells goes last, and since the dwarf right in front of him is dead, he decides instead to down his minor healing potion and place a dodge order. His HP rises from 2 to 4. The crowd is eager to see what the goblins have in store for them next.

[Wow, you guys rolled great this round!]
[In general if your target is killed and you don't have a contingency in place, then I try to be a little nice instead of completely wasting your actions - some of you still closed distance, and i was really nice to Smells...call it a reward for a sweet avatar Zyb :D ]

Wildman
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Theonewhoisodd on Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:47 am

Fasle will attack the elf that is currently at D4
Extra-Dimensional shape-shifter with an affinity for confusion and mischief. Also I am a maniac...

Come lurk my game called The Forsaken.

Very first Bloodhound in Thuntworld Serial Killers.
Round 17 killer as Seth Bainwraith, fought off a lynch mob for 4 rounds until I purposely killed myself with a Trowel to complete the storyline of my kills.
Round 19 killer as Lesser Finger Horror, died in the first round but took the Ex-God SeeAMoose with me thanks to the Kaboomerang. (Thanks Warlock)
Round 31 killer as Forgath, died first round thanks to Vigilante justice...
Round 32 detective, found both killers fairly quickly.
Round 36 killer as FRGU, got hit with a computer error and thoroughly lynched.
Round 37 killer as Overlord, killed everyone and they didn't come back to life.
Theonewhoisodd
Keenspot Despot

Postby Haragorn on Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:58 am

Thinks pumps all his fatigue into a single attack on the dwarf, and then dodges.
Haragorn
Keenspot Despot

Postby PicksUpSticks on Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:00 pm

Jumps uses one fatigue to move to g8 then uses the rest of his fatigue to attack the dwarf.
Threads of Reality
Level 1
Tower Game
Clan Rampage
Alive and stupid.
PicksUpSticks
Keenspot Despot

Postby Zyb on Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:39 pm

Huh, well since I still have all that fatigue, Smells will move to D6 and attack the dwarf at c7 pumping up with 1 point of fatigue.
Zyb
Junior Keenspotter

Postby kurik on Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:24 pm

Fights moves to D-5 useing 1Ftg, and attacks the elf in D-4, pumping it with another 1Ftg.
If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little.
-George Carlin

Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform.
-Mark Twain

I thought this must be obvious to everyone else, as it seemed obvious to me; and that, if once it became apparent that we were on the edge, all the Great Powers would call a halt and recoil from the abyss.
-Edward Grey
kurik
Keenspot Despot

Re: Goblin Gladiators Campaign 2 - Sign-ups Open

Postby SharesLoot on Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:21 am

Little Feet doesn't like dwarves. They have big feet. She advances:
If the dwarf ist still standing, Move to D7 using one point of Fatigue and Attack the Dwarf on C7, pumping the attack with all remaining fatigue points. Else (this is what I expect to do) Move to G7 (where Falsifies is), pick up and equip the first dead dwarves' Leather Armor, and Move to F7.
SharesLoot
Keenspot Despot

Postby Wildman on Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:59 am

Turn 4:
The elves are ready to rock. The elf on A4 moves to A6 and takes a shot at Thinks. Since Thinks has a dodge order, the elf decides to put his last point of fatigue into the effort. The fatigue roll fails and the attack does no damage. The elf uses his remaining movement points to move to A3. The elf on D4 moves to D1 and places a rest order. The crowd jeers at the elves for dealing no damage.

Jumps gets all of his fatigue back from his rest order. He advances to G8 (spending 1 fatigue in the process) and attacks the dwarf, pumping his attack with his remaining 2 fatigue. One roll is successful and the attack deals 2 damage. The dwarf falls from 4 to 2 HP and the crowd cheers loudly. Thinks goes next. He puts all of his fatigue into a single attack on the dwarf. Only 1 of his 3 rolls are successful, and the attack does 1 damage. The dwarf falls from 2 to 1 HP and drops to one knee. The crowd loves it. The even begin to boo as the dwarf begins to stand up. He doesn't get much time to finish standing up though as Little Feet advances to D7 and attacks him using her remaining 2 fatigue. One of her rolls is successful and she does 1 damage. The dwarf falls to the ground again, but this time he doesn't get back up. The crowd's cheering grows ever louder. The elves don't stand a chance. False goes next, wanting to attack the elf that used to be in D1. He moves to D5 and attacks, dealing 1 damage. The elf drops from 3 to 2 HP and loses his rest order. The crowd mocks the elf for essentially wasting an action. Fights goes next. He wants to attack the same elf. He can, but he must spend all of his fatigue just to get to him. He moves to D2, and the attack deals 1 damage. the elf drops from 2 to 1 HP. Lastly, Smells gets to act with the other goblins as the dwarves are both dead. His plan was to attack the dwarf but since the dwarf is no more, he decides to attack the only other enemy he can reach this turn, the elf on A3. He moves to B4 (using all of his fatigue) and attacks the elf, dealing 2 damage. the elf drops from 4 to 2 HP. Knowing the elves will not last very long against melee units, the crowd already begins applauding the goblins. Grant looks on with a smile on his face.

[not as good rolling today, but you guys are just fine.]

Wildman
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby kurik on Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:10 pm

Fights attacks the elf twice.
-George Carlin

-Mark Twain

-Edward Grey
kurik
Keenspot Despot

Postby Haragorn on Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:19 pm

Move to A5; dodge.
Haragorn
Keenspot Despot

PreviousNext

Return to Goblins Games