Goblin Gladiators Campaign 2

Moderator: Thunt

Forum rules
Forum games go here.

Re: Goblin Gladiators Campaign 2

Postby SlamsWithSticks on Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:35 am

Smells like an Orc grins when the arrows from the elf hits her (presumably), drink her minor power potion using a fatigue, moves to L8 (no need to use fatigue there if I'm right) then pumps another fatigue into cleaving the elf with her +2 longsword. That has got to hurt! :D

Jumps move before me right?
Dares Devils, goblin berserker. Threads of reality
Lvl1 berserker. M. 8/10 EXP
HP: 5/5 ATT:3+used weapon DEF:3

Grace of Maglubiyet. Curse of Gold
Last in Lina. Clan Rampage
SlamsWithSticks
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Wildman on Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:18 am

Battle 2, Turn 5:
The elf acts first again. He pumps 2 arrows towards Smells. Each only hits on a lucky strike...one misses and the other connects. Smells drops from 3 to 2 HP.

Jumps goes next, but he doesn't quite have LoS to the skeleton. So, instead of placing a rest order, he moves to H13 to be able to attack. The attack does 1 damage and the skeleton drops from 2 to 1 HP. It looks ready to shatter, and the crowd is ready for it.

The skeleton goes next, and it takes 2 whacks at Smells. On the first attack, Smells's extra defense doesn't kick in and he takes 1 damage. On the second attack, his defense does kick in, and the skeleton fails it's lucky strike roll. Smells drops from 2 to 1 HP.

Little Feet goes next. She moves to I10, puts the minor healing potion and hide armor in her pack, and then she drops her short sword in favor of the crossbow (note: only 2 spaces in your pack, so of the 3 things not equipped I chose the short sword to drop, let me know if you wanted something else dropped.)She then uses that crossbow to attack the skeleton, and it dies. The crowd is livid, with only one more enemy remaining to be killed.Fights goes next. He moves up to G1 and takes the red flag. Lastly, Smells moves to L8, spends a fatigue to down her minor power potion, and attacks the elf using another point of fatigue. The fatigue kicks in, and thats 1+2(wpn)+1(ptn)+1(ftg) = 5 attack, which deals 4 damage. The elf is cleaving cleanly in 2, and the crowd is ecstatic when the elf's torso comes loose from his lower body as it falls to the floor. "GOBLINS! GOBLINS! GOBLINS!" The crowd chants. Grant seems rather pleased.

Victory!

Achievements
3. Enduring - Survive a battle - Awarded to Jumps, Little Feet, Fights, and Smells - Reward: Fatigue +1.
4. Finish Him! - Deal the killing blow to the final enemy - Awarded to Smells - Reward: Def +1 (50%).
5. Killer - Deal the killing blow to an enemy - awarded to Jumps, Little Feet, Fights, Smells, and False - Reward: HP +1.
7. Close Call - Be reduced to 1 HP but don't die - awarded to Fights and Smells - Reward: Def +1 (50%)
9. Efficient - Kill an enemy that is at full health at the start of your turn - awarded to Smells - Reward: Fatigue +1
10. Looter - Take an item - awarded to Little Feet - Reward: HP +1

[Note: I removed one of the achievements, there are now only 10.]
[Note: The achievement rewards will be in effect immediately.]

Goblin Gladiators Campaign 1 is Complete.
Little Hands is currently in the Pit of Danger, and will be for quite some time.
Successful killer in TSK Round 24. Partner: KittiHello.
Co-winner of the TSK Lightning Round, along with SharesLoot.
Successful killer in TSK Round 33, with some help from SeeAMoose at the end.
Wildman
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Wildman on Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:49 am

The next day, Grant addresses the Goblin Gladiators. "That was a well-fought battle yesterday. The crowd seems to love you, so make sure you don't disappoint them. Today, I will allow each of you to select one new skill to learn. Since this is your first skill, it will not come with any synergies. In the future when you learn skill you will also get synergy bonuses, which are really just more stat upticks. Tomorrow's battle will feature a set number of rounds and auto-rezzing for both sides until the battle is complete. I wish you all luck, now go start training! And remember, each skill can only be learned by one goblin, no doubling up!"

Skill List
1. Crack Shot - Ignore 1 obstacle when tracing LoS. Passive.
3. Leadership - If you battle (attack twice), you may place an order on an ally (including yourself) within 4 spaces. Passive.
6. Fast Reflexes - You get +1 defense against ranged attacks. Passive.
10. Taunt - Force an enemy within 5 spaces of you instead of their intended target to attack you if able. Passive.
13. Focused - You may make AoO's even when adjacent to multiple enemies. Passive.
15. Disengage - You do not take attacks of opportunity. Passive.
16. Warning - Give all allies within 3 spaces +1 defense until their next turn.
17. Tinker - You may equip 2 other items and 2 potions. Passive.
21. Aura - Enemies take 1 damage when the enter a space adjacent to you. Passive.
23. Deadly Shot - Excess range is converted to pierce when making a ranged attack. Passive.

Note: If an ability says "Passive" after its description, then you don't have to spend an action to use it. You can also choose to 'turn off' passive abilities if you wish.

Note: After even-numbered battles, I'll be rolling for 10 of the 28 listed abilities. Next time I do so, the 6 abilities chosen now won't be included in the possibles as they are already taken, but the 4 that aren't chosen from this list will be re-inserted and could come up again.

Little Hands is currently in the Pit of Danger, and will be for quite some time.
Wildman
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby kurik on Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:13 pm

Fights will take fast reflexes.
If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little.
-George Carlin

Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform.
-Mark Twain

I thought this must be obvious to everyone else, as it seemed obvious to me; and that, if once it became apparent that we were on the edge, all the Great Powers would call a halt and recoil from the abyss.
-Edward Grey
kurik
Keenspot Despot

Postby SlamsWithSticks on Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:54 pm

Smells Like an Orc roused from the roaring crowd and her awesome kill screams out in part pride and part pain. It sounds strangely low pitched though.. No! It cannot be? Has she mistaken himself for a she? Smells is not sure what he is anymore. In fact, Smells is no more! She is now Cleaves an Elf! :)

SPOILERS:Totally missed that smells was a dude. :shifty: Is no more though. Gotta go with what's given here. Reaaally nice turn to start off with. Thanks Wildman!

Cleaves will take Leadership

EDIT: Might still be smells... Got a little carried away :( Smells has got leadership though.
EDIT II: And I guess she still thinks he's a girl for now. :lol:
Last edited by SlamsWithSticks on Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SlamsWithSticks
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby SharesLoot on Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:36 pm

Little Feet chooses Disengage, because she can't be bothered with making conditionals every time she might be running past a worg, dwarf or skelly. She is more of the unconcerned type.

Yes, Wildman, I forgot about the item limit, but I would have dropped the short sword. It doesn't matter, does it? Or do we always have dibs on our equipment from last turn? I think not :shifty:
╔═Clan Rampage══Goblin Gladiators II══Hats II══The Forsaken═══╗
╠═Hairy═════════Little Feet═════════Falls════Cockadoodle═══╣
╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
SharesLoot
Keenspot Despot

Postby Haragorn on Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:40 pm

Thinks Ogres Are Not That Scary
Thinks trains Aura. If anybody else wants it, he might be willing to switch to something else.
Haragorn
Keenspot Despot

Postby PicksUpSticks on Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:13 pm

Jumps will take Deadly Shot.

This is going to get interesting
Threads of Reality
Picks The Plan - Goblin Warrior
Level 1
Tower Game
Zombie Picks Up Sticks - Zombie Shaman
Cantrips/Inflict - 1 | Debuff/Buff - 2 | Suggestion - 3
Clan Rampage
Breaks A Leg - Goblin Knee Basher
Alive and stupid.
Goblin Heroes- PicksUpSticks - Completed
PicksUpSticks
Keenspot Despot

Postby Wildman on Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:31 pm

SharesLoot wrote:Little Feet chooses Disengage, because she can't be bothered with making conditionals every time she might be running past a worg, dwarf or skelly. She is more of the unconcerned type.

Yes, Wildman, I forgot about the item limit, but I would have dropped the short sword. It doesn't matter, does it? Or do we always have dibs on our equipment from last turn? I think not :shifty:

It ended up not mattering, but at that point, I hadn't rolled for Smells and the battle wasn't over. Goblins don't have dibs on equipment from one battle to the next, but I don't currently have plans to take any items away, only add new ones (or upgrade existing ones).

~~~~~~~~
A pre-emptive word on Aura: airborne enemies aren't affected (unless they become groundborne to attack you). Similarly, since knockback weapons are coming eventually, if you use knockback on an enemy, only their final space counts with regards to aura (they are considered airborne until their last space.

~~~~~~~~
Slams, it is looking like the character will be yours. I haven't posted the next battle yet (I'll do so tomorrow) so that we don't get started and all that before it is official.

Wildman
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Haragorn on Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:59 pm

Will Aura hit enemies multiple times if they move past through multiple adjacent spaces?
Haragorn
Keenspot Despot

Postby Wildman on Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:16 pm

Haragorn wrote:Will Aura hit enemies multiple times if they move past through multiple adjacent spaces?

Yes, and there is no limit to how many times per turn it activates.

Wildman
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Theonewhoisodd on Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:17 am

False will take Focused
Extra-Dimensional shape-shifter with an affinity for confusion and mischief. Also I am a maniac...

Come lurk my game called The Forsaken.

Very first Bloodhound in Thuntworld Serial Killers.
Round 17 killer as Seth Bainwraith, fought off a lynch mob for 4 rounds until I purposely killed myself with a Trowel to complete the storyline of my kills.
Round 19 killer as Lesser Finger Horror, died in the first round but took the Ex-God SeeAMoose with me thanks to the Kaboomerang. (Thanks Warlock)
Round 31 killer as Forgath, died first round thanks to Vigilante justice...
Round 32 detective, found both killers fairly quickly.
Round 36 killer as FRGU, got hit with a computer error and thoroughly lynched.
Round 37 killer as Overlord, killed everyone and they didn't come back to life.
Theonewhoisodd
Keenspot Despot

Postby Wildman on Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:56 am

Looks like everyone has decided, so here is everyone's base stats, before any gear is equipped, with your recent upgrade(s) bolded:

Jumps
HP - 6
Fatigue - 5
Attack - 1
Defense - 0
Initiative - 6
Speed - 4
Deadly Shot - excess range converted to pierce

Little Feet
HP - 7
Fatigue - 5
Attack - 1
Defense - 0
Initiative - 6
Speed - 4
Disengage - never take an AoO

Fights
HP - 6
Fatigue - 4
Attack - 1.5 (melee), 1 (ranged)
Defense - 1.5 (ranged), 0.5 (melee)
Initiative - 6
Speed - 4

Smells
HP - 6
Fatigue - 5
Attack - 1
Defense - 1.5
Initiative - 6
Speed - 4
Leadership - place order when battling

Thinks
HP - 5
Fatigue - 3
Attack - 1
Defense - 0
Initiative - 6
Speed - 5
Aura - damage enemies that approach

False
HP - 6
Fatigue - 3
Attack - 1
Defense - 0
Initiative - 8
Speed - 4
Focused - always make AoO's

Wildman
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Wildman on Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:15 am

Battle #3 - The Hill

We now come to our first battle where simply killing your opponent will not suffice. This battle will be a king of the hill battle. Four spaces in the arena will be marked as the top of the hill. If you occupy a hill space at the beginning of your turn, your team gets 1 point. If you are killed, you will be resurrected during the battle and placed on a random space in your starting area after missing one turn. The battle will end after 10 turns, and the team with more points wins. The battle will end early if one team cannot make up enough ground to win. Sound easy? It gets more interesting. First, you will be outnumbered. Second, there will be treasure chests dotting the field of battle to distract you. Of course, they may distract the enemies too. There will be 2 chests in each area. I have been assured that they are not trapped for this battle. You won't have access to any new weapons for this battle, but the chests may contain gear that is better than what you start with. Here are the details of the battle:

Gear List:
Weapons - 2 Short Swords, 2 Long Sword, 1 Long Bow, 1 Crossbow
Armor - 2 sets of Leather, 2 sets of Hide, 2 sets of Cloth
Potions - 2 mHP, 2 mFP, 1 mPP, 1 mDP

Enemy Stats
8 enemies, details unknown

Each character will be randomly assigned a spot in their starting area. Try to choose gear that will complement you stats and abilities. To open a chest, you must spend 2 movement points at the end of your turn. You will then be able to take what is in it on your next turn. If you are killed, you will drop all gear, and when you are rezzed, you will be able to pick one item on the ground in the arena to be teleported to you. You will make this choice during the one turn that you lose before being rezzed. When you make the choice, the item will be removed from the arena. Do you have any questions?

Gear Properties:
Weapons
Short Sword - Melee Weapon - Atk +1
Long Sword - Melee Weapon - Atk +2
Short Bow - Ranged Weapon - Pierce 1, Range 4 (listed as "p1r4")
Long Bow - Ranged Weapon - p1r6
Crossbow - Ranged Weapon - p2r4
Armor
Cloth - Def +1, Speed Cap 5
Leather - Def +2, Ini -2, Speed Cap 4
Hide - Def +2, Ini -4, Speed Cap 5
Potions
minor Healing Potion (mHP) - Restores 2 HP
minor Fatigue Potion (mFP) - Restores 2 Fatigue
minor Power Potion (mPP) - +1 Atk on next attack
minor Defense Potion (mDP) - +1 Def against next attack

Wildman
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby kurik on Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:25 am

Fights takes a longsword, leather armor, and a mHP
If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little.
-George Carlin

Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform.
-Mark Twain

I thought this must be obvious to everyone else, as it seemed obvious to me; and that, if once it became apparent that we were on the edge, all the Great Powers would call a halt and recoil from the abyss.
-Edward Grey
kurik
Keenspot Despot

Postby Theonewhoisodd on Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:31 am

False will take the Longbow, leather and mHP
Extra-Dimensional shape-shifter with an affinity for confusion and mischief. Also I am a maniac...

Come lurk my game called The Forsaken.

Very first Bloodhound in Thuntworld Serial Killers.
Round 17 killer as Seth Bainwraith, fought off a lynch mob for 4 rounds until I purposely killed myself with a Trowel to complete the storyline of my kills.
Round 19 killer as Lesser Finger Horror, died in the first round but took the Ex-God SeeAMoose with me thanks to the Kaboomerang. (Thanks Warlock)
Round 31 killer as Forgath, died first round thanks to Vigilante justice...
Round 32 detective, found both killers fairly quickly.
Round 36 killer as FRGU, got hit with a computer error and thoroughly lynched.
Round 37 killer as Overlord, killed everyone and they didn't come back to life.
Theonewhoisodd
Keenspot Despot

Postby PicksUpSticks on Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:32 am

Jumps-To-Conclusions takes his normal gear

Long Bow - Ranged Weapon - p1r6
Cloth Armor -Def +1, Speed Cap 5
minor Fatigue Potion (mFP) - Restores 2 Fatigue

EDIT: Ok, guess ill take the crossbow, but I don't really need the extra pierce :D
Threads of Reality
Picks The Plan - Goblin Warrior
Level 1
Tower Game
Zombie Picks Up Sticks - Zombie Shaman
Cantrips/Inflict - 1 | Debuff/Buff - 2 | Suggestion - 3
Clan Rampage
Breaks A Leg - Goblin Knee Basher
Alive and stupid.
Goblin Heroes- PicksUpSticks - Completed
PicksUpSticks
Keenspot Despot

Postby SharesLoot on Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:08 am

Little Feet takes the second Longsword, second Cloth Armor and the mPP. She will focus on destroying any enemy that makes it onto the hill. Some other Goblins should be the tanks.

Little Feet
HP - 7
Fatigue - 5
Attack - 3
Defense - 1
Initiative - 6
Speed - 4
Disengage - never take an AoO
╔═Clan Rampage══Goblin Gladiators II══Hats II══The Forsaken═══╗
╠═Hairy═════════Little Feet═════════Falls════Cockadoodle═══╣
╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
SharesLoot
Keenspot Despot

Postby Haragorn on Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:42 am

Thinks Ogres Are Not That Scary
Shortsword, hide, and either of the remaining potions.
Haragorn
Keenspot Despot

Postby SlamsWithSticks on Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:00 pm

Smells will pick the remaining short sword, the hide, and a minor Fatigue Potion

I will tank and try to hold the hill. Got super high def. Want better sword, cause I will battle as much as I can. Battling with leadership you know! If I can get some sort of awesomesword or axe I will be smashing them all down the hill. So I would want some loot!

Smells is obviously a very demanding goblin atm. Ignore her at your peril and whatever... :D She will be a team player anyhow and still confused about her gender.

Smells
HP - 6
Fatigue - 5
Attack - 3 (1 +2 long sword)
Defense - 3.5 (1.5 +2 hide)
Initiative - 2 (6 -4 hide)
Speed - 4
Leadership - place order when battling
Last edited by SlamsWithSticks on Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

SlamsWithSticks
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby kurik on Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:27 pm

I suppose I can trade you swords.
-George Carlin

-Mark Twain

-Edward Grey
kurik
Keenspot Despot

Postby SlamsWithSticks on Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:29 pm

Kurik I will gladly trade with you, but what is your plan? I think for the sake of the team though that it would be good if smells just went bananas on everything right from the start. A longsword will surely help with that! (sorry for not speaking clearly and talk of a thousand things at the same time. I blame my good mood :D )

SlamsWithSticks
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby kurik on Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:38 pm

Plans don't survive first contact with the enemy, I'm just gonna try to hold the hill or, if I deem it advantagious, hit up some loot chests.
-George Carlin

-Mark Twain

-Edward Grey
kurik
Keenspot Despot

Postby SlamsWithSticks on Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:41 pm

Sooo... Short sword for a long sword? 8) :nervous:

SlamsWithSticks
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby kurik on Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:13 pm

Yeah, trade complete.
-George Carlin

-Mark Twain

-Edward Grey
kurik
Keenspot Despot

PreviousNext

Return to Goblins Games