The Explorers (Back in action!)

Moderator: Thunt

Forum rules
Forum games go here.

Re: The Explorers (Game Start!)

Postby Cyberion on Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:57 pm

Turn 33

Hugs continues attacking, hacking and slashing at Globulus. Intent on finishing this fight before any more casualties are added.

Coats groans as he clutches his chest. Everything is starting to get blurry as he continues to lose blood.

False finally heeds Hugs' advice and starts slashing at Globulus. Pieces of slime cling to his blades as he cuts through the giant.

"Well, that's gonna leave a mark...Time to return the favor." ThingsToDo says as he runs towards the other leg and cleanly slices through it with his Battle Axe. "Have at thee! Your mother was an amoeba and your father smelt of cheese!"

The ground shakes vigorously as Globulus' gigantic sword falls to the ground. Soon enough, the colossus starts to fall apart as large hunks of slime start falling off of him and splashing on the ground. The goblins hear loud groans in their heads as Globulus falls to his knees, clutching his chest as his body slowly collapses. The slime that once made up the guardian starts to seep into the ground, leaving nothing but a small, red orb and his humongous sword.

Toast rubs the sweat off his forehead with the back of his hand as he collapses on to the ground. "I'm glad that's over."

Items Obtained

Red Orb - ???
Giant's Blade - +7 Attack, Three-Handed

Stats
Wears A Coat 0/5 HP, 3 Attack, 2 Defense, 1 Speed
Equipped: Short Sword (+1 Attack, 10% chance of +1 Attack), Dagger (+1 Attack), Leather Armor (+1 Defense)
Falsifies Evidence 5/5 HP, 4 Attack, 2 Defense, 1 Speed
Equipped: Scimitar (+2 Attack, 10% chance of +1 Attack), Short Sword (+1 Attack, 10% chance of +1 Attack), Leather Armor (+1 Defense)
Inventory: Loaf of Bread (Heals 1 HP up to 1 uses), Healing Potion (Heals 2-3 HP)
Bringer-Of-New-Times 5/5 HP, 2 Attack, 2 Defense, 2 Speed
Equipped: Ring of Stone Skin (+1 Defense), Snake Staff (+1 Attack, Allows wielder to talk to and manipulate snakes), Bandanna (+1 Speed)
ThingsToDo 2/5 HP, 4 Attack, 4 Defense, 1 Speed
Equipped: Battle Axe (+3 Attack, Two-Handed), Snakescale Armor (+3 Defense)
Hugs Slimes 3/6 HP, 4 Attack, 2 Defense, 1 Speed
Equipped: Sword (+2 Attack)
Inventory: Healing Potion (Heals 2-3 HP), Scarr's Map, Strange Amulet
Likes Toast 5/5 HP, 2 Attack, 2 Defense, 1 Speed
Equipped: Leather Armor (+1 Defense), Short Sword (+1 Attack, 10% chance of +1 Attack)

Notes
You'll need to inspect the items you got if you want to get anything useful out of them. :)
Cyberion
Keenspotter Supreme

Re: The Explorers (Back in action!)

Postby Donnigan on Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:10 am

"...I am so totally taking that sword...Maybe I can train up my strength carrying it around or something..." ThingsToDo says as he goes up to the sword and tries to lift it. He will keep doing this until he is exhausted and then collapse next to it and go to sleep.
Madre de Dios! Es El Pollo Diablo!

HasBadTemper
Hit Points: 6/6(+5 goblin, +1 tough)
Attack: 6???(+1 Goblin, +1 Training, +4 Battleaxe, +??? Cold???) (9??? if Raging)
Defence: 8(+1 Goblin, +1 Tough, +3 Kite Shield, +3 Studded Leather)(7 if Raging)(9 or 8 if Wearing Iron Mask, unlikely)
Traits:
Goblin Rage 2: if 2hp or below 4+ attack. - 1def. Can multi strike, first strike.
Shield Bash 1: 25% chance to stun small creatures.

Inventory: Iron Mask
Donnigan
Keenspot Despot

Postby Theonewhoisodd on Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:18 am

False will make camp and then sleep when he gets a chance
Extra-Dimensional shape-shifter with an affinity for confusion and mischief. Also I am a maniac...

Come lurk my game called The Forsaken.

Very first Bloodhound in Thuntworld Serial Killers.
Round 17 killer as Seth Bainwraith, fought off a lynch mob for 4 rounds until I purposely killed myself with a Trowel to complete the storyline of my kills.
Round 19 killer as Lesser Finger Horror, died in the first round but took the Ex-God SeeAMoose with me thanks to the Kaboomerang. (Thanks Warlock)
Round 31 killer as Forgath, died first round thanks to Vigilante justice...
Round 32 detective, found both killers fairly quickly.
Round 36 killer as FRGU, got hit with a computer error and thoroughly lynched.
Round 37 killer as Overlord, killed everyone and they didn't come back to life.
Theonewhoisodd
Keenspot Despot

Postby Dlover on Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:53 am

Hugs
Hugs will tend to Wears' injuries, binding the cuts, then pick up the orb and examine it, turning it around in her hands to looks at it from all angles.
"Things, I don't think even the strongest of goblins could lift that sword, it would take at least two people. Now, everyone get some rest, and we'll continue further into the dungeon in the morning."
Dlover
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby askstoomuch on Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:58 am

damm i wanted to eat that jelly toast yells at the missing dead body.
well time to make camp he says as he starts gathering leaves for beds and sticks for a nice fire.
askstoomuch
Keenspot Despot

Postby narie666 on Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:38 am

SPOILERS:Hi y'all, I got a PM from Cyberion asking me to take over for PSychotic for now.

NewT will first heal Coats and then he helps ThingsToDo with lifting the sword, just lending him one hand, so he gets the most out of his 'training'. If we skip some turns, NewT will heal, heal, heal, happy at his new found energy to keep going (always healing the lowest HP first ofc).

Nice fight girls and guys, a good start toward exploring this dungeon in its entirety. NewT says, smiling broadly, just because she can. (and because they won)
narie666
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby askstoomuch on Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:00 am

psst i think newt got hit on his head he seems a bit off
askstoomuch
Keenspot Despot

Postby Jacon on Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:04 am

Coats groans and leans against a tree inspecting his wounds. He'll take his home made pipe and put in his mouth to relax and give his old bones a chance to rest.
"Chief." He says pulling the pipe out of his mouth. " I think we should talk about a certain goblin..." He says throwing a wary glance at False.
Name:"Wears-A-Coat ( Delve Version)
Hp: 3/5
Attack: 4 ( 3 plus warhammer. Two handed.
def: 2 +1 to slashing weapons( Helmet +1)

Wears-a-long-coat
HP: 5/5 HP
MP: 3/3 MP
ATK: 3 ( +2 two handed bone sword)
DEF: 1
INT: 1

I'm very interested in playing a goblin game. If you create a new one let me know
Come join my game The New Goblin Warriors. viewtopic.php?f=136&t=113403
Jacon
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Dlover on Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:41 pm

"I know, their recklessness put us all in a pinch then, and could cause worse in the future. I will speak to them about it, but it can wait until morning, when everyone is well rested. I don't want them wandering off at night because of this."
Dlover
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Jacon on Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:40 am

Coats leans back and nods his hea before closing his eyes. Soon the elder is fast asleep.

Wears-a-long-coat

I'm very interested in playing a goblin game. If you create a new one let me know
Jacon
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Re: The Explorers (Game Start!)

Postby Cyberion on Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:16 pm

Turn 34

"...I am so totally taking that sword...Maybe I can train up my strength carrying it around or something..." ThingsToDo says as he walks up to the sword in an attempt to lift it. But no matter how much he tries, the sword is just too heavy! If he tried any further, his arms would probably pop out of their sockets.

False decides to make camp and gathers some dry pieces of wood strewn about the forest floor. Along with Toast, they make a campfire. Toasty!

Hugs tends to Coats' injures, binding the cuts with some cloth. Along with Newt's healing, they get the elder back up on his feet. Hugs then picks up the orb and examines it, turning it around in her hands to get a good look at it. It's small and the size of a large coin. She watches at Things' useless attempts to lift the sword. "Things, I don't think even the strongest of goblins could lift that sword, it would take at least two people. Now, everyone get some rest, and we'll continue further into the dungeon in the morning."

Toast gathers leaves for bedding and some branches for a fire. He helps False light a fire and moves on to making the beds.

Newt heals Coats. He then goes over to help Things, but even with his help, the sword is just too heavy to lift!

Coats groans as he stands up, his wounds still fresh and leans against a tree inspecting his wounds. Yep, they're pretty deep, but nothing a couple of heals won't fix. He takes out his pipe and puts it in his mouth. "Chief." He says pulling the pipe out of his mouth. "I think we should talk about a certain goblin..." He says throwing a wary glance at False.

"I know, their recklessness put us all in a pinch then, and could cause worse in the future. I will speak to them about it, but it can wait until morning, when everyone is well rested. I don't want them wandering off at night because of this."

Coats leans back on the tree and nods his head, his eyes slowly closing. Soon enough, the elder is asleep, quite tired from the battle that had taken place.

Stats
Wears A Coat 1/5 HP, 3 Attack, 2 Defense, 1 Speed
Equipped: Short Sword (+1 Attack, 10% chance of +1 Attack), Dagger (+1 Attack), Leather Armor (+1 Defense)
Equipped: Scimitar (+2 Attack, 10% chance of +1 Attack), Short Sword (+1 Attack, 10% chance of +1 Attack), Leather Armor (+1 Defense)
Inventory: Loaf of Bread (Heals 1 HP up to 1 uses), Healing Potion (Heals 2-3 HP)
Equipped: Ring of Stone Skin (+1 Defense), Snake Staff (+1 Attack, Allows wielder to talk to and manipulate snakes), Bandanna (+1 Speed)
ThingsToDo 2/5 HP, 4 Attack, 4 Defense, 1 Speed
Hugs Slimes 3/6 HP, 4 Attack, 2 Defense, 1 Speed
Inventory: Healing Potion (Heals 2-3 HP), Scarr's Map, Strange Amulet, Red Orb
Equipped: Leather Armor (+1 Defense), Short Sword (+1 Attack, 10% chance of +1 Attack)
Cyberion
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Dlover on Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:20 pm

Right, time for morning actions after sleep.

Hugs
Hugs will take the time to examine the blade Globulus dropped, searching for some way the gem may interact with the sword. If she can't find anything she'll move on to the gate, and check that in a similar way. She shall take first watch for the night.
Last edited by Dlover on Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dlover
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Donnigan on Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:15 am

"Damn it...I could do so much with this..." ThingsToDo moans as he stops trying to lift up the sword. He will Join NewT in his examinations and then go to sleep himself, dreaming up ways to move it.

HasBadTemper
Attack: 6???(+1 Goblin, +1 Training, +4 Battleaxe, +??? Cold???) (9??? if Raging)
Defence: 8(+1 Goblin, +1 Tough, +3 Kite Shield, +3 Studded Leather)(7 if Raging)(9 or 8 if Wearing Iron Mask, unlikely)
Traits:
Goblin Rage 2: if 2hp or below 4+ attack. - 1def. Can multi strike, first strike.

Donnigan
Keenspot Despot

Postby askstoomuch on Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:44 am

maby we could that orb gives you super-goblin powers and let you wield the sword
i think you should eat it things
askstoomuch
Keenspot Despot

Postby Dlover on Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:48 am

"No one is eating anything that a dungeon monster drops. Especially the guardian. If tis thing is some sort of key and someone ate it we could be waiting a long time to get it back."
Dlover
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby narie666 on Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:27 am

NewT will heal coats again, and take some well needed shut-eye. Every once in a while, he will wake up only slightly (something akin to sleepwalking, let's call it sleephealing) and throw a heal on either Coats or Hugs, after which he continues sleeping until someone wakes him to take his watch.
narie666
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Jacon on Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:32 am

If coats has to take a turn watching he'll sit quietly and with his pipe in his mouth and listen to the night.

Wears-a-long-coat

Jacon
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Theonewhoisodd on Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:31 am

False will keep a close eye on the chief throughout the night, pretending (being false) to sleep until his watch.
Extra-Dimensional shape-shifter with an affinity for confusion and mischief. Also I am a maniac...

Round 17 killer as Seth Bainwraith, fought off a lynch mob for 4 rounds until I purposely killed myself with a Trowel to complete the storyline of my kills.
Round 19 killer as Lesser Finger Horror, died in the first round but took the Ex-God SeeAMoose with me thanks to the Kaboomerang. (Thanks Warlock)
Theonewhoisodd
Keenspot Despot

Postby Cyberion on Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:13 pm

Turn 35

Hugs examines the blade. It's pretty large, so it takes some time before she fully examines it. There seems to be a slot on the hilt where the orb fits PERFECTLY. She inserts the gem into the blade and a sudden flash of light blinds her. When she comes to, the sword is no longer there. But THIS is in its place.

It appears to be a blade with no hilt. It's the size of a regular sword, but the edge is jagged and razor-like. The same orb from before floats with the blade. No matter how much you shake the blade, the orb is always perfectly aligned with it. There also appears to be no form of propulsion keeping the orb aloft. Interesting.

"I was gonna suggest eating the orb, but it looks like you found a better use for it."

"Woah. That's... awesome! Maybe we should have Forges take a look at it once we get back?" ThingsToDo says before he lies down and goes to sleep.

Newt heals Coats once before he goes to sleep.

False continues to take his obsession with the chief to the next level by keeping a close eye on her through the night.

Everybody takes watches with Hugs being first. The watches of everybody are uneventful. All for False, that is. He sees a black blur moving rather fast out of the corner of his eye. He scans the area and there, he sees a wolf. Not any ordinary wolf, though. Its fur... it has no fur. The only thing it's made up of is pure darkness. It tilts its head upwards, looking at the moon before it turns its gaze to False, having now just recognized his presence. Its crimson red eyes stare at False. He tries to move, but he can't as if something is holding him in place! The wolf walks closer to False, who starts sweating heavily. He does the only thing he can do, and closes his eyes. Once he opens them, the wolf is no longer there. He pants heavily, and quickly wakes up the next watcher.

The sun shines brightly, waking up the goblins. A good night's rest has healed their wounds, coupled with some heals sneaked in by Newt during his watch. The first thing that catches their eyes is the gate, that is now open

Stats
Wears A Coat 5/5 HP, 3 Attack, 2 Defense, 1 Speed
ThingsToDo 5/5 HP, 4 Attack, 4 Defense, 1 Speed
Hugs Slimes 6/6 HP, 4 Attack, 2 Defense, 1 Speed
Inventory: Healing Potion (Heals 2-3 HP), Scarr's Map, Strange Amulet, Sword Blade
Cyberion
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Dlover on Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:54 pm

Hugs Slimes
"We'll need to find some way to safely carry this blade, leaving it here may not be the best option." Hugs begins searching for anything she could use to carry the blade without causing damage to anything important (The blade, goblins, or anything vital from our packs).
Dlover
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Donnigan on Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:50 am

"Right, Chief, do you mind if I go on a little scouting run down the entrance?" ThingsToDo will ask, then carefully enter the door, looking all around for tripwires or out of place stones.

HasBadTemper
Traits:

Donnigan
Keenspot Despot

Postby Theonewhoisodd on Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:52 pm

False approaches the chief slowly "I know I am usually falsifying things but I thought it important to tell you about what I saw last night" he then proceeds to tell her about the fox.

Theonewhoisodd
Keenspot Despot

Postby Dlover on Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:05 pm

"... Things, stay with the group. I'd prefer to trust False in that he saw some shadow-being and later be proven wrong than ignore it and find you dead once we catch up. Does anyone know anything about creatures made of darkness?"
Dlover
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Jacon on Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:08 pm

Coat recites a old myth about a cobra that was said to be made of shadows. The tale is long winded and useless for the chiefs purposes. He than practices his dual wielding since he can't think of anything else to do since the chief doesn't want them entering the dungeon quite yet.

Wears-a-long-coat

Jacon
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Dlover on Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:18 pm

She'd be fine with a group going in there, three or more, but not one or two by themselves.
Dlover
Keenspot Juggernaut

PreviousNext

Return to Goblins Games