The Explorers (Back in action!)

Moderator: Thunt

Forum rules
Forum games go here.

Re: The Explorers (Game Start!)

Postby Cyberion on Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:27 am

Ugh, sorry for not updating.

We have a really important project and I REALLY need it so I don't get held back a year. Our regular update schedule should be back to normal after the 20th, which is the project's presentation. Until then, I'll TRY to update.
Cyberion
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Theonewhoisodd on Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:03 am

Cyberion don't worry to much about it. My game hasn't updated in well over a week and I am just now getting the chance to work on an update. Real life comes first ALWAYS followed by online life.
Extra-Dimensional shape-shifter with an affinity for confusion and mischief. Also I am a maniac...

Come lurk my game called The Forsaken.

Very first Bloodhound in Thuntworld Serial Killers.
Round 17 killer as Seth Bainwraith, fought off a lynch mob for 4 rounds until I purposely killed myself with a Trowel to complete the storyline of my kills.
Round 19 killer as Lesser Finger Horror, died in the first round but took the Ex-God SeeAMoose with me thanks to the Kaboomerang. (Thanks Warlock)
Round 31 killer as Forgath, died first round thanks to Vigilante justice...
Round 32 detective, found both killers fairly quickly.
Round 36 killer as FRGU, got hit with a computer error and thoroughly lynched.
Round 37 killer as Overlord, killed everyone and they didn't come back to life.
Theonewhoisodd
Keenspot Despot

Postby askstoomuch on Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:48 am

second that take all the time you ll need
askstoomuch
Keenspot Despot

Postby Dlover on Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:25 pm

Aye, if you don't do well in real life, you won't be able to do well here. Oh, and next year I may become a bit scarce. Valhalla/Bifrost are offering grade 10 students the chance to work with them, learning game design and working on actual projects with them. If I'm accepted and stick with it to the end I'll be getting some really good work experience, a Certificate III (Roughly OP 14), and I'd be paid for it too. Normally I'd have to pay for a chance like this. Not 100% chance I'll be accepted though, despite my having some experience with 3d modelling (And I will be telling them I'm not great at it, but rephrase that a bit, something more like "I've had experience with 3D modelling, though I believe I could do better with a person giving me some help"), I've made several games with GameMaker, which their forms state they use, and I have taken both Computer Education and Computer Graphics for this year and received A's
Dlover
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Cyberion on Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:28 am

Welp, the contest is finally over! Updates should resume starting tomorrow! :)
Cyberion
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Cyberion on Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:45 pm

Turn 30

Everybody starts settling down for the night when False charges the gate and swings his swords at it! But before his blades can touch it, they stop a few inches like an invisible force field is in the way! The slime painted on the gate starts to glow as a bright flash of green light explodes from the gate, nearly blinding the goblins! As the light fades, they stare at the gate as multiple large, green globs form from it. The globs circle around the air and make a pass around the goblins as they settle above the gate, forming a vague humanoid figure as they stick to each other. As the the figure finishes forming, it drops from the air and lands with a large thud, almost knocking the goblins off their feet.

The goblins stop and stare for a while before a large, metal sword falls from the sky and crashes into the ground, nearly hitting False, who leaped out of the way. The humanoid stepped forward and placed its hands around the blade's handle and pulled it out of the ground. Suddenly, a large, deep voice echoed through the goblins' minds.

"I am Globulus, guardian of the Slime Valley. Face my blade if you wish to pass, or turn around and flee."

Stats
Wears A Coat 5/5 HP, 3 Attack, 2 Defense, 1 Speed
Equipped: Short Sword (+1 Attack, 10% chance of +1 Attack), Dagger (+1 Attack), Leather Armor (+1 Defense)
Falsifies Evidence 5/5 HP, 4 Attack, 2 Defense, 1 Speed
Equipped: Scimitar (+2 Attack, 10% chance of +1 Attack), Short Sword (+1 Attack, 10% chance of +1 Attack), Leather Armor (+1 Defense)
Inventory: Loaf of Bread (Heals 1 HP up to 1 uses), Healing Potion (Heals 2-3 HP)
Bringer-Of-New-Times 5/5 HP, 2 Attack, 2 Defense, 2 Speed
Equipped: Ring of Stone Skin (+1 Defense), Snake Staff (+1 Attack, Allows wielder to talk to and manipulate snakes), Bandanna (+1 Speed)
ThingsToDo 5/5 HP, 4 Attack, 4 Defense, 1 Speed
Equipped: Battle Axe (+3 Attack, Two-Handed), Snakescale Armor (+3 Defense)
Hugs Slimes 6/6 HP, 4 Attack, 2 Defense, 1 Speed
Equipped: Sword (+2 Attack)
Inventory: Healing Potion (Heals 2-3 HP), Scarr's Map, Strange Amulet
Likes Toast 5/5 HP, 2 Attack, 2 Defense, 1 Speed
Equipped: Leather Armor (+1 Defense), Short Sword (+1 Attack, 10% chance of +1 Attack)

Notes
BOSS TIME!

Globulus is about 12 feet tall with the structure of a humanoid, but lacks any defining features. His body is composed mainly of slime and his sword is 8 feet long.
Last edited by Cyberion on Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cyberion
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Donnigan on Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:48 pm

"...Now this is something worth doing!" ThingsToDo shout as he charges, hacking at the things ankles and trying to run around it and dodge its attacks.
Madre de Dios! Es El Pollo Diablo!

HasBadTemper
Hit Points: 6/6(+5 goblin, +1 tough)
Attack: 6???(+1 Goblin, +1 Training, +4 Battleaxe, +??? Cold???) (9??? if Raging)
Defence: 8(+1 Goblin, +1 Tough, +3 Kite Shield, +3 Studded Leather)(7 if Raging)(9 or 8 if Wearing Iron Mask, unlikely)
Traits:
Goblin Rage 2: if 2hp or below 4+ attack. - 1def. Can multi strike, first strike.
Shield Bash 1: 25% chance to stun small creatures.

Inventory: Iron Mask
Donnigan
Keenspot Despot

Postby Dlover on Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:21 am

Hugs Slimes
*sigh* "Now look what you've done, False, we don't even get to rest before being crushed by a giant formation of slimes.
GLOBULUS! I am Hugs Slimes, chief of the Explorer Clan. I ask that you ignore the one running around your feet right now and allow us a chance to rest before facing you, for it has been a long trek to reach this place. Would you be so kind as to allow us this respite? ... I'll give you a hug if you do?"

If Globulus doesn't pay any heed to the request, Hugs will simply walk over and shrug. "Well, teller named me for my fate, so why not?"
Hugs hugs Globulus' foot. After seeing if there's any reaction she will try using her sword to separate one of the slimes from a foot.
Dlover
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby askstoomuch on Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:12 am

toast will wait for the giants reply to the chiefs question

if he agrees he doesnt nothing and rest

if he doesnt he will attack and start stabing him were ever he can
askstoomuch
Keenspot Despot

Postby Jacon on Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:21 am

Coats waits for the creatures reply. If it doesn't agree Coats will charge in and take swipes at it.
Name:"Wears-A-Coat ( Delve Version)
Hp: 3/5
Attack: 4 ( 3 plus warhammer. Two handed.
def: 2 +1 to slashing weapons( Helmet +1)

Wears-a-long-coat
HP: 5/5 HP
MP: 3/3 MP
ATK: 3 ( +2 two handed bone sword)
DEF: 1
INT: 1

I'm very interested in playing a goblin game. If you create a new one let me know
Come join my game The New Goblin Warriors. viewtopic.php?f=136&t=113403
Jacon
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Theonewhoisodd on Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:03 am

If the creature does not heed Hugs' request False will run at it and plunge both swords into what appears to be it's head, while screaming like a maniac.
Extra-Dimensional shape-shifter with an affinity for confusion and mischief. Also I am a maniac...

Round 17 killer as Seth Bainwraith, fought off a lynch mob for 4 rounds until I purposely killed myself with a Trowel to complete the storyline of my kills.
Round 19 killer as Lesser Finger Horror, died in the first round but took the Ex-God SeeAMoose with me thanks to the Kaboomerang. (Thanks Warlock)
Theonewhoisodd
Keenspot Despot

Postby Dlover on Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:43 pm

I'm surprised you're waiting for the reply Odd. I half expected False to just run in without waiting. Though he's probably intelligent enough to realise Hugs would be angry at him for that. Things will, of course, be reprimanded as False would, but he did run in before Hugs asked for the rest.
Dlover
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Cyberion on Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:15 am

Turn 31

"...Now this is something worth doing!" ThingsToDo shout as he charges at Globulus! But before he can get into melee range, Hugs grabs him by the collar and keeps him from attacking. "Hey! Let me go!"

"Now look what you've done, False, we don't even get to rest before being crushed by a giant formation of slimes. GLOBULUS! I am Hugs Slimes, chief of the Explorer Clan. I ask that you ignore this one goblin right now and allow us a chance to rest before facing you, for it has been a long trek to reach this place. Would you be so kind as to allow us this respite? ... I'll give you a hug if you do?"

"NO!" Globulus shouts and the word rings through the goblins' heads. "Thou have released me, and now, thou must face me!" he shouts before he raises his blade and slashes at Hugs, cutting through her flesh and sending her tumbling away! She gets up, still barely alive."Well that didn't work like I planned."

ThingsToDo, free from Hugs' hold, continues his charge and hacks away at Globulus' legs, sending bits of slime flying everywhere!

Toast charges in as well and attacks with his Short Sword, dealing some damage to Globulus in the process!

Coats sees Hugs tumbling towards him and decides that now is the time to act. He charges into the fray and attacks Globulus, spinning and slashing everywhere he can!

False wants to stab Globulus in the head, but since he can't reach that part, he opts for the feet and plunges his swords into one of them, spraying bits of slime everywhere!

Newt hangs back and heals Hugs.

Turn Summary

Globulus attacked Hugs, dealing 5 damage!
Things attacked Globulus, dealing 1 damage!
Toast attacked Globulus, dealing 2 damage!
Coats attacked Globulus, dealing 3 damage!
False attacked Globulus, dealing 4 damage!
Newt healed Hugs by 1 HP!

Stats
Wears A Coat 5/5 HP, 3 Attack, 2 Defense, 1 Speed
Equipped: Short Sword (+1 Attack, 10% chance of +1 Attack), Dagger (+1 Attack), Leather Armor (+1 Defense)
Equipped: Scimitar (+2 Attack, 10% chance of +1 Attack), Short Sword (+1 Attack, 10% chance of +1 Attack), Leather Armor (+1 Defense)
Inventory: Loaf of Bread (Heals 1 HP up to 1 uses), Healing Potion (Heals 2-3 HP)
Equipped: Ring of Stone Skin (+1 Defense), Snake Staff (+1 Attack, Allows wielder to talk to and manipulate snakes), Bandanna (+1 Speed)
ThingsToDo 5/5 HP, 4 Attack, 4 Defense, 1 Speed
Hugs Slimes 2/6 HP, 4 Attack, 2 Defense, 1 Speed
Equipped: Leather Armor (+1 Defense), Short Sword (+1 Attack, 10% chance of +1 Attack)

Notes
Has anyone seen PSychotic lately? Since he hasn't been active for a while, the players will have to vote for his actions.
Cyberion
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Dlover on Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:36 am

SPOILERS:PSy has been rather inactive around here of late.

Hugs Slimes
"You would attack me without even allowing me to draw my weapon? You would attack one who has not yet challenged you? You would attack a LADY?! You are unjust, unrightful, and all around, ungentlemanly! You have broken your own rule of allowing a chance to leave without combat! You have NO right to act as the guardian of this place, and as such, you shall be removed from the position!

Slash, don't stab! Stabbing slime is useless! *sigh* if we'd had a chance to make camp, we could have had a fire to use, that would have been incredibly helpful."

Hugs will slice Globulous' feet off.

5 damage? That's a full 7 attack. Not good. Heal please? :)
Dlover
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Theonewhoisodd on Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:47 am

False will channel all his rage into repeatingly puling out and re-stabbing to slime thing.

Theonewhoisodd
Keenspot Despot

Postby askstoomuch on Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:11 am

toast will attack the monster trying to cut of parts of his feet
askstoomuch
Keenspot Despot

Postby Jacon on Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:15 am

Coats will warily attack the creature trying to avoid any counter attack unless it attacks Hugs in which case he'll jump in the way. He wouldn't be surprised if it did the way she's running her mouth. He'll have to have a talk with False after this. The way he rushes into things is risking the entire groups lives. He's skilled but lacks direction and it's his place as a elder to teach him.
SPOILERS:Things see if you can get it to attack you. Your high armor should give us another round. Newt is to heal Hugs unless the creature knocks one of us out in which case he'll heal that person.

Wears-a-long-coat

I'm very interested in playing a goblin game. If you create a new one let me know
Jacon
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Donnigan on Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:12 am

"Hey! Stupid Globulous thing! With the face that looks like the stuff that came out of my bum the other night after I ate a bad centipede! Over here!" ThingsToDo shouts dancing around hacking at the legs of the slime beast. "How are you the great and awesome guardian? I mean slimes? I thought this whole valley was a joke when we first came here, but I guess it's really a tragedy. I mean, come on! Slimes? And what are you, some giant incestuous slurry of hopefuls, thinking that if enough of them squish together they can actually accomplish something?"

HasBadTemper
Attack: 6???(+1 Goblin, +1 Training, +4 Battleaxe, +??? Cold???) (9??? if Raging)
Defence: 8(+1 Goblin, +1 Tough, +3 Kite Shield, +3 Studded Leather)(7 if Raging)(9 or 8 if Wearing Iron Mask, unlikely)
Traits:
Goblin Rage 2: if 2hp or below 4+ attack. - 1def. Can multi strike, first strike.

Donnigan
Keenspot Despot

Postby askstoomuch on Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:29 am

its been a week update coming up any time soon or did you get hit bye the real life train ?
askstoomuch
Keenspot Despot

Postby Cyberion on Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:06 pm

Turn 32

"You would attack me without even allowing me to draw my weapon? You would attack one who has not yet challenged you? You would attack a LADY?! You are unjust, unrightful, and all around, ungentlemanly! You have broken your own rule of allowing a chance to leave without combat! You have NO right to act as the guardian of this place, and as such, you shall be removed from the position! Slash, don't stab! Stabbing slime is useless! *sigh* if we'd had a chance to make camp, we could have had a fire to use, that would have been incredibly helpful." Hugs shouts as she gives out commands, complains, and slashes off one of Globulus' feet, all at the same time! INCREDIBLE.

False fails to take in Hugs' commands and does what he does best. He channels all his fury into stabbing Globulus, he does this repeatedly until it feels like his arms are about to pop out of their sockets!

Toast continues his assault and slashes at Globulus' feet. Bits of slime cling to his Short Sword as he continuously chops at the colossus' feet.

Coats moves in to attack, but stops when he sees a flash of steel around the corner of his eye heading for Hugs. He quickly turns around and pushes Hugs out of the way of the giant sword. The next thing he knows, he's lying in a pool of his own blood.

"Hey! Stupid Globulous thing! With the face that looks like the stuff that came out of my bum the other night after I ate a bad centipede! Over here!" ThingsToDo shouts as he dances around hacking at Globulus' head as he slurs insults at him. "How are you the great and awesome guardian? I mean slimes? I thought this whole valley was a joke when we first came here, but I guess it's really a tragedy. I mean, come on! Slimes? And what are you--" Although he only stops halfway before a giant blade slices through his chest, though the armor caught the brunt of the blow.

Newt stands there, his wide mouth open, although his arm still moves as he heals Hugs.

Turn Summary

Hugs attacked Globulus, dealing 1 damage!
False attacked Globulus, dealing 4 damage!
Toast attacked Globulus, dealing 2 damage!
Globulus attacked Coats, dealing 5 damage!
Things attacked Globulus, dealing 4 damage!
Globulus attacked Things, dealing 3 damage!
Newt healed Hugs by 1 HP!

Stats
Wears A Coat 0/5 HP, 3 Attack, 2 Defense, 1 Speed
ThingsToDo 2/5 HP, 4 Attack, 4 Defense, 1 Speed
Hugs Slimes 3/6 HP, 4 Attack, 2 Defense, 1 Speed

Notes
Apologies for not updating for a REALLY long time. I've just been a bit down lately and I couldn't find myself motivated to update the game, but now I'm past that stage and I'm ready for more action. The question is, are you guys still hungry for more?

Again, has anyone heard from PSychotic as of late? If he doesn't respond in two days, I'll have to replace him.
Cyberion
Keenspotter Supreme

Re: The Explorers (Back in action!)

Postby Dlover on Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:24 pm

PSy is prone to disappearing for large amounts of time.

Hugs Slimes
attackattackattackattack.

Considering possible strategies. If we load up defence on one person, Globulus should only deal one or two damage, depending who it's on. Though from what we've seen that may not be a great idea, as he seems to be able to attack twice in one turn.
Dlover
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Jacon on Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:36 pm

Coats groans as he clutches his wound

Wears-a-long-coat

Jacon
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Theonewhoisodd on Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:37 pm

Agreed Dlover...

Falsifies Evidence, seeing his attack was useless, begins heading Hugs' advice and slashing at Globulus.

Theonewhoisodd
Keenspot Despot

Postby Donnigan on Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:02 pm

"Well, that's gonna leave a mark...Time to return the favor." ThingsToDo says as he goes for the buggers other leg. "Have at thee! Your mother was an amoeba and your father smelt of cheese!"

HasBadTemper
Traits:

Donnigan
Keenspot Despot

Postby askstoomuch on Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:31 am

toast slashes the beast some more

SPOILERS:good to have you back
askstoomuch
Keenspot Despot

PreviousNext

Return to Goblins Games