The Explorers (Back in action!)

Moderator: Thunt

Forum rules
Forum games go here.

The Explorers (Back in action!)

Postby Cyberion on Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:40 am

Story
The Explorer clan have always been the curious kind. They have ventured and discovered many locations that were not known by the other races such as the humans, nor were these locations easy to find. Due to this, their clan has thrived immensely as they do not often get into conflicts because of their seclusive nature. One of these many locations were an amazing waterfall, where the water didn't fall, but instead, went up! But despite all of this, they felt this void in their lives. They have discovered many great wonders, and seen them with their own eyes, but never once have they seen the inner workings of a dungeon crawl! So that's why, they decided to send 6 of their best goblins on a journey to find and explore dungeon crawls that have not yet seen the light of the world. And so, the story of Clan Explorer begins!

Introduction
So, hi, guys! This is my first game here, and I really got inspired by the many great DM's like LoneStar, ECR, Reads, Looks, mortimer, there are lots of them, and I don't think I can put in a good word for all of them. You probably get my point, though. :lol:

Character Creation and Mechanics
Anyways, let me explain stuff like the mechanics and stats. There are the usual stats like HP, Attack, and Defense and stuff like the Chief gets an extra 1 in all stats and the Teller can heal 1 HP each turn, but I have added a new stat to make things just a little bit more unpredictable: speed. Speed will act as something of a damage buffer, and as well as a chance to completely avoid damage at all! But due to this, speed is completely unpredictable, you might end up getting a minor buff to your attack, or maybe a major buff, so you gotta be on your toes at all times. Here are the stats everybody starts with.

Goblin
HP: 5/5
Attack: 1
Defense: 1
Speed: 1

Chief
HP: 6/6
Attack: 2
Defense: 2

Teller
HP: 5/5
Attack: 1
Defense: 1
Special Ability: The Teller can heal a wounded goblin for 1 HP each turn.

Here's a basic explanation of all the stats.

HP: Hit points. Let this hit 0 and you'll drop dead like roadkill.
Attack: How much damage you deal.
Defense: How many points of Attack you can absorb before it spills into your hit points.
Speed: Can augment Attack, Defense, or completely avoid damage. Incredibly unpredictable.

Actions

Every turn you can perform an "action", "move" and/or perform a "free action".

Action: Attack, interact with the environment in any way, talk to NPCs. You can also "Move" as an action. Attacking ends your turn.
Move: Move from one room to another or in the same room if you don't have a clear road to where you want to go. If you move into an unexplored room, you can't move anymore.
Free Action: Talking to another player, picking ONE item from a chest or a fallen enemy, Giving ONE item to another player.

Objectives
*Find an explore as many dungeons as possible before you're all dead.
*Try to avoid death as much as possible.

Signing-Up

To sign-up, fill up this entry form and submit it to the receptionist to your left. :)

Name: Your character's name.
Color: Your color, please include the color code in your post.

Anyways, I'll let sign-ups go on for as long as 2 days, if by then I don't have more than 6 players, I'll most likely start the game. Bear in mind that this will mainly be text and there will only be mediocre pictures to help in clarification and guidance. :)

Miscellaneous

When you guys are posting, it would be nice if you could type your character's name with their color and put your actions like this.

Action: (insert here)
Major Action: (insert here)
Free Action: (insert here)

Anyways, that should be all for now. I hope you guys will give me a chance, and I really hope you'll enjoy this little game I put up! :D

1. Wears A Coat (Male)
2. Falsifies Evidence (Male)
3. Bringer-Of-New-Times (Ambiguous)
4. ThingsToDo (Male)
5. Hugs Slimes (Female)
6. Likes Toast (Male)
Last edited by Cyberion on Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:12 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Cyberion
Keenspotter Supreme

Re: The Explorers

Postby Dusk9 on Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:37 am

Welcome to the sub-forum! :D

I'm afraid I'm not going to sign up - I've decided not to join any more games until a can fit another into my sig (apart from LSN/ECR games, obviously :lol: ).

I will say that I like the Speed idea, since if it works it's going to make this game quite unique.

Good luck! :D
Threads of Reality
Hears-Disembodied-Voices
Lvl 1 Berserker ~ Exp: 9/10 ~ HP: 6/6 ~ Atk: 4 (+1~Rage) ~ Def: 4 (+1~50%) (+1~Rage)
Traits: Automatic Combat Rage; Jekyll and Hyde
Tower Game
Dusk ~ Lvl 2 Wraith Rogue ~ Exp: 2/3 ~ Atk: 2 ~ DEX: 1/4 ~ CON 6 ~ HP: 2/8
Skills: Stealth (1DEX/turn); Sneak Attack; Detect Trap (1DEX, R2)
Lair of the Mountain King
Eaten-By-Rabbits ~ HP: 3/5 ~ Atk: 1 ~ Def: 1
Capture the Flag (CTF) ~ on hiatus
Runs-into-Hard-Surfaces ~ Lvl 8 Trainee Attacker ~ Exp: 46/52
Feats: Sprint Awareness 3; Improved Dodge 2; Nimble 1; Sprint Endurance 1
Dusk9
Keenspot Despot

Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown)

Postby Jacon on Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:12 am

Name: Wears A Coat.
Color Brown color=#400000
Name:"Wears-A-Coat ( Delve Version)
Hp: 3/5
Attack: 4 ( 3 plus warhammer. Two handed.
def: 2 +1 to slashing weapons( Helmet +1)

Wears-a-long-coat
HP: 5/5 HP
MP: 3/3 MP
ATK: 3 ( +2 two handed bone sword)
DEF: 1
INT: 1

I'm very interested in playing a goblin game. If you create a new one let me know
Come join my game The New Goblin Warriors. viewtopic.php?f=136&t=113403
Jacon
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Theonewhoisodd on Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:49 am

Name: Falsifies Evidence
Color: This Color
Extra-Dimensional shape-shifter with an affinity for confusion and mischief. Also I am a maniac...

Come lurk my game called The Forsaken.

Very first Bloodhound in Thuntworld Serial Killers.
Round 17 killer as Seth Bainwraith, fought off a lynch mob for 4 rounds until I purposely killed myself with a Trowel to complete the storyline of my kills.
Round 19 killer as Lesser Finger Horror, died in the first round but took the Ex-God SeeAMoose with me thanks to the Kaboomerang. (Thanks Warlock)
Round 31 killer as Forgath, died first round thanks to Vigilante justice...
Round 32 detective, found both killers fairly quickly.
Round 36 killer as FRGU, got hit with a computer error and thoroughly lynched.
Round 37 killer as Overlord, killed everyone and they didn't come back to life.
Theonewhoisodd
Keenspot Despot

Postby YoungAndBeautiful on Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:00 am

This sounds very interesting, and I would love to join, but atm I have so many things going on, that I will have to pass, as I am afraid I might not pay as much attention to this game (or any of the other games I am already part of), as it deserves. I do wish you the best of luck with it, though, and as much fun as possible to you and your players. :D
ATTENTION:
(Goblins and) Goblins Games is moving to a new Forum!

My nickname there will be GathersIngredients, btw.
YoungAndBeautiful
Keenspot Despot

Postby PSychotic on Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:32 pm

i won't let this die, friend! i won't!

Bringer-Of-New-Times (Newt)
Color: Blue 0000FF
Shi' Arri, Decroi, Canton, Sicoh, Tig, Jack, and Mack.

The Dread Pirate Scarrrgh, Kobold Pirate ..... dead just like half his crew
Lisps, Goblin Defender ..... Feats: Improved Tackle 2, Tackle Stamina 2, Improved Dodging 1
That Nameless Guy, Undead Warrior ..... STR 5 DEX 3 CON 3 ..... HP ?/? ..... 4 Throwing Knives, Axe (+3), Heavy Leather Armor (5/5)
Shiny, Not So Dead Goblin ..... ATK 1 DEF 1 ..... HP 5/5
Jack-Of-All-Trades, Lucky Goblin ..... ATK 0 DEF 1 ..... HP 5/5 MP 5/5 ..... Spells: Buff/Debuff, Thief!, Acrobatic F@#king Pirouette!
Bringer-Of-New-Times, Goblin Teller ..... ATK 1 DEF 1 ..... HP 5/5 ..... Spells: Heal

Hosting a Cave of Doom
PSychotic
Keenspot Despot

Postby Cyberion on Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:39 pm

Nobody else wants to join?

I don't understand why the games with the pictures all get swarmed by people the first few hours it's up, but the text games are almost completely ignored. :grumble:
Cyberion
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Donnigan on Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:03 pm

To be honest, they are more...Eyecatching... than a wall of text. Anyway, I'll join. Looks like fun.

ThingsToDo or ThingsToDo
Color: FFFFFF or FFFF00
Madre de Dios! Es El Pollo Diablo!

HasBadTemper
Hit Points: 6/6(+5 goblin, +1 tough)
Attack: 6???(+1 Goblin, +1 Training, +4 Battleaxe, +??? Cold???) (9??? if Raging)
Defence: 8(+1 Goblin, +1 Tough, +3 Kite Shield, +3 Studded Leather)(7 if Raging)(9 or 8 if Wearing Iron Mask, unlikely)
Traits:
Goblin Rage 2: if 2hp or below 4+ attack. - 1def. Can multi strike, first strike.
Shield Bash 1: 25% chance to stun small creatures.

Inventory: Iron Mask
Donnigan
Keenspot Despot

Postby kurik on Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:03 pm

Cyberion wrote:Nobody else wants to join?

I don't understand why the games with the pictures all get swarmed by people the first few hours it's up, but the text games are almost completely ignored. :grumble:

Don't lose heart, it's only been a few days. :) I'm already in to many games, but I have a character near death in another game. If he kicks the bucket, I might sign up for this one.

As for the picture thing, I think people like those ones better just because it's easier to see what they have to work with, where things are, that sort of stuff.
If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little.
-George Carlin

Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform.
-Mark Twain

I thought this must be obvious to everyone else, as it seemed obvious to me; and that, if once it became apparent that we were on the edge, all the Great Powers would call a halt and recoil from the abyss.
-Edward Grey
kurik
Keenspot Despot

Postby Theonewhoisodd on Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:39 am

Cyberion wrote:Nobody else wants to join?

It's not just your game, it seems right now is part of a 'slow season' my game has had a new character available for awhile and I've had no takers. Give it time.
Extra-Dimensional shape-shifter with an affinity for confusion and mischief. Also I am a maniac...

Round 17 killer as Seth Bainwraith, fought off a lynch mob for 4 rounds until I purposely killed myself with a Trowel to complete the storyline of my kills.
Round 19 killer as Lesser Finger Horror, died in the first round but took the Ex-God SeeAMoose with me thanks to the Kaboomerang. (Thanks Warlock)
Theonewhoisodd
Keenspot Despot

Postby Dlover on Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:05 am

It's not a good idea to take it badly when your first game is slow to get going. When I started running my first game it took a fair time before enough people had signed up, and it still does. The games that fill up fast are really only LSN's, ECR's and Warlock's. We others get off to moderate rates.

I'll sign up for this too, now that things seem to have slowed down for me.

Hugs Slimes
Gener: Female, this game needs a bit of variety.
Colour: Purpler, #8000BF (Third row, fourth across from left)
Dlover
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Cyberion on Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:20 am

Okay, so uh... We've got 5 people signed-up! Just one more and we can start the vote for Chief and Teller, and once we're done with that, it's time to pick a dungeon to explore! :D
Cyberion
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby askstoomuch on Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:14 am

what not im in

likes toast
male
greenish
askstoomuch
Keenspot Despot

Postby narie666 on Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:31 am

And here i was actually wanting to sign up for a game, it doesnt say if its first 6 or random pick, so i'm just gonna try

Arrives late
Color: pinkish #FFBFFF
narie666
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby askstoomuch on Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:34 am

narie666 should have the spot i am plenty of games already

:D
btw welcome to the forum
Last edited by askstoomuch on Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
askstoomuch
Keenspot Despot

Postby narie666 on Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:38 am

thnx asks (for both), thats too kind of you

altough, now that i am seriously thinking about it, i do realise i'm going on vacation this thursday for 3 weeks, :shifty: , so nevermind my submission, i'll just keep lurking the forum when i return waiting for the next game. my bad, sorry :D
narie666
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby askstoomuch on Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:42 am

happens to the best of us have a nice holliday :D
askstoomuch
Keenspot Despot

Postby Donnigan on Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:44 am

I vote BringerOfNewTimes as Teller. Just seems like that kind of name. Maybe he brought in a whole new wave of changes in Maglubiyan Doctrine. Or maybe he just brought in a newspaper. Whatever.

Also, to switch it up, I vote for HugsSlimes as Chief. We need another female chief aside from Serves.
Madre de Dios! Es El Pollo Diablo!

HasBadTemper
Hit Points: 6/6(+5 goblin, +1 tough)
Attack: 6???(+1 Goblin, +1 Training, +4 Battleaxe, +??? Cold???) (9??? if Raging)
Defence: 8(+1 Goblin, +1 Tough, +3 Kite Shield, +3 Studded Leather)(7 if Raging)(9 or 8 if Wearing Iron Mask, unlikely)
Traits:
Goblin Rage 2: if 2hp or below 4+ attack. - 1def. Can multi strike, first strike.
Shield Bash 1: 25% chance to stun small creatures.

Inventory: Iron Mask
Donnigan
Keenspot Despot

Postby m0rtimer on Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:06 am

Just thought I should pop in here to wish you the best of luck. Intended to do so earlier, but couldn't be bothered. I've decided not to join any more games. Unless, yes, it's one of the "big" games. But that doesn't stop me from wishing you the best of luck. With some of the praise I got when goblin heroes finished, I know that a text-based game has plenty of potential, so best of luck. (And I'm honored with the mention by the way. :) )
ME JAM STICK IN STONE. ME CREATE LEVER.

goblin heroes - Completed
threads of reality - in progress
m0rtimer
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby PSychotic on Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:20 pm

i'm voting for arriveslate as chief. not voting for the teller, unless i can vote for myself.
Shi' Arri, Decroi, Canton, Sicoh, Tig, Jack, and Mack.

The Dread Pirate Scarrrgh, Kobold Pirate ..... dead just like half his crew
Lisps, Goblin Defender ..... Feats: Improved Tackle 2, Tackle Stamina 2, Improved Dodging 1
That Nameless Guy, Undead Warrior ..... STR 5 DEX 3 CON 3 ..... HP ?/? ..... 4 Throwing Knives, Axe (+3), Heavy Leather Armor (5/5)
Shiny, Not So Dead Goblin ..... ATK 1 DEF 1 ..... HP 5/5
Jack-Of-All-Trades, Lucky Goblin ..... ATK 0 DEF 1 ..... HP 5/5 MP 5/5 ..... Spells: Buff/Debuff, Thief!, Acrobatic F@#king Pirouette!
Bringer-Of-New-Times, Goblin Teller ..... ATK 1 DEF 1 ..... HP 5/5 ..... Spells: Heal

Hosting a Cave of Doom
PSychotic
Keenspot Despot

Postby Jacon on Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:40 pm

I'll vote newts for Teller since he wants it. Slimes can be chief if she wants
Name:"Wears-A-Coat ( Delve Version)
Hp: 3/5
Attack: 4 ( 3 plus warhammer. Two handed.
def: 2 +1 to slashing weapons( Helmet +1)

Wears-a-long-coat
HP: 5/5 HP
MP: 3/3 MP
ATK: 3 ( +2 two handed bone sword)
DEF: 1
INT: 1

I'm very interested in playing a goblin game. If you create a new one let me know
Come join my game The New Goblin Warriors. viewtopic.php?f=136&t=113403
Jacon
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Dlover on Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:56 pm

I vote for Bringer of New Times for teller, as for chief... Voting myself would just be unfair, so I'll vote for Falsifies Evidence.
Dlover
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Theonewhoisodd on Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:23 pm

I third(?) the vote for BringerOfNewTimes for teller and because I am me and thus allowed to do ODD things I second the vote for me for chief.

Theonewhoisodd
Keenspot Despot

Postby Cyberion on Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:08 am

Teller
BringerOfNewTimes - 5 (counted self-vote, so now it's guaranteed that Newt is the Teller)

Chief
HugsSlimes - 2
Falsifies Evidence - 3

And it looks like Falsifies is the chief, unless asks decides to vote for Hugs, which will result in a tie. Which will result in the game taking longer to start.

Anyways, I'm working on the map and the dungeons you'll pick from. The update should be up either tomorrow or the day after.
Cyberion
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Dlover on Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:38 am

If Asks chooses (Hugs) for chief the vote can be resolved relatively quickly by me changing my vote from Falsifies to Hugs, that would simplify things. I don't really mind if I'm chief or not.
Dlover
Keenspot Juggernaut

Next

Return to Goblins Games