Loot! (Forum Game)

Moderator: Thunt

Forum rules
Forum games go here.

Re: Loot! (Forum Game)

Postby Dlover on Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:57 pm

SPOILERS:I wouldn't say you're terrible. Do you remember your last game, The Garden of Forking Paths? That was good.
Dlover
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby kurik on Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:09 pm

SPOILERS:I've been enjoying this game. Even if it has made me plan to use hyper-violence.
If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little.
-George Carlin

Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform.
-Mark Twain

I thought this must be obvious to everyone else, as it seemed obvious to me; and that, if once it became apparent that we were on the edge, all the Great Powers would call a halt and recoil from the abyss.
-Edward Grey
kurik
Keenspot Despot

Postby LooksAndSmiles on Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:59 am

Are you people still up for playing?

If so, then

Turn 40

Misses tries to speak with the pigmies above.
"I beseech thy noble pygmys one of your number is in need of assistance."
"Chirp. Tweet. Twitt."

This is going nowhere.

Monty arrives from the right, along with Capester, BadIdeas and the imp, also know as DSQ. Herr Henry joins them up, because the dungeon sees no reason not to allow an ocassional triple move to speed things up.

Slips puts in all his efforts to convince the lava blob.
"You there! Fire blob thing! I demand of you to become my new familiar!"

The blob doesn't respond. Maybe it's pondering its choices?

---

No items have been obtained.
LooksAndSmiles
Keenspot Despot

Postby m0rtimer on Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:05 am

"Wwhat choices? That thing has no choices! It wwill become my neww familiar and that is that."

"Noww you, neww, better then evver familiar, get out of there, your of nu use to me trapped."

If the lava blob remains unresponsive to my kind requests, move towards the others.

Alternatively, continue scolding that blob. Since what could go wrong.
ME JAM STICK IN STONE. ME CREATE LEVER.

goblin heroes - Completed
threads of reality - in progress
m0rtimer
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby kurik on Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:05 am

Ideas continues towards wherever he was going. (Down the ladder, I believe.)

Edit: And attack. Can't believe I forgot about attack.
Last edited by kurik on Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little.
-George Carlin

Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform.
-Mark Twain

I thought this must be obvious to everyone else, as it seemed obvious to me; and that, if once it became apparent that we were on the edge, all the Great Powers would call a halt and recoil from the abyss.
-Edward Grey
kurik
Keenspot Despot

Postby MadBoat on Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:10 am

if 2 or more goblins join him, H.H. von H. heads downstairs and guts a roman prick. otherwise he stays right here with a dumb expression on his face.
Last Ditch Dungeon: Teller Hideous Mole SWEET GLORIOUS VICTORY!
Escape from Brassmoon: Sarus, Foe of the Floating Maw ESCAPED! WOOT!
Crappy Art Cave of Doom: Mops Up : DIED AT THE HEIGHT OF MY GLORY! HOW NOBLE!

Loot!:Herr Henry von HeffleHocken, Hobgoblin Hero
WND: 4
ATK 9: 1 (Hero) + 2 (mighty pen) + 6 (pipe of Badassery)
DEF 2: 0 (Hero) + 1 (Leprechaun Lamp) + 1 (Accounts Ledger)
FAB 14: 0 (Hero) + 4(Leprechaun Lamp) + 2 (mighty pen) + 6 (Accounts Ledger) + 2 (pipe of badassery)
Gear: s1: Leprechaun Lamp(Creates Rainbows! Creates light! 30% chance for Moar Lewt!)
s2: Pipe of Badassery (Makes you a badass! Also makes you talk like Helen Keller!)
s3 Accounts Ledger (Giant friggin' blank book! Very pretty! Contains Blank Paper Pages of Potential!"
s5: Mighty Pen( 5% chance to break swords! +1 Def against swords! Creates caligraphic characters on command!"
MadBoat
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby knucklekraken on Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:06 pm

Capester will join HHvH.

Member of the Irregulators. Reticulating splines since 2011.

Here are stats for a player race I created, compatible with 3.5 D&D. Please steal.

SPOILERS:Tasty People
+2 Charisma: Tasty People have strong natural pheromones.
-2 Wisdom: Tasty People have a racial predisposition for making bad decisions.
When faced with an encounter involving a predatory creature, a Tasty Person must make a Charisma Check. If the DC (15) is met, the creature will attack the Tasty Person to the exclusion of other targets who are not also Tasty People who have met this DC. The DC should be modified for monsters with a strong sense of smell, I leave this to your discretion as a DM. The monster is not forced to attack the Tasty Person if doing so would cause it to take an attack of opportunity.
A Tasty Person's starting class should be treated as his favored class.

Tasty People speak Common.
knucklekraken
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby LooksAndSmiles on Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:17 am

Three of you would attack the guards while 3 hasn't posted yet. Do you wish to wait for them or proceed anyway?
LooksAndSmiles
Keenspot Despot

Postby m0rtimer on Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:19 am

Thatguy: I'm not sure if he even lurks these forums anymore. Haven't seen him for a long while.

Worstcase: Should still be here, but I believe quite busy. Might need a reminder

Burns: Just returned from holiday, and will probably need a reminder.

That being said, probably best to either make them attack, or wait a bit.

m0rtimer
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby MadBoat on Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:08 am

just hold off a few days. I don't mind waiting

FAB 14: 0 (Hero) + 4(Leprechaun Lamp) + 2 (mighty pen) + 6 (Accounts Ledger) + 2 (pipe of badassery)
Gear: s1: Leprechaun Lamp(Creates Rainbows! Creates light! 30% chance for Moar Lewt!)
s2: Pipe of Badassery (Makes you a badass! Also makes you talk like Helen Keller!)
s3 Accounts Ledger (Giant friggin' blank book! Very pretty! Contains Blank Paper Pages of Potential!"
s5: Mighty Pen( 5% chance to break swords! +1 Def against swords! Creates caligraphic characters on command!"
MadBoat
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby WorstCase on Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:23 am

Monty will move into the room and attack the guards as well. This isn't Sparta after all.
SPOILERS:Sorry, didn't notice this was continuing.
My first Goblins Fancomic 'Risks &Sideeffects':
http://www.acyn.net/RSE_main.html
The second fancomic 'Heimspiel' can be found here (as well as some other Goblins related fan-art):
http://s756.photobucket.com/albums/xx20 ... se_Comics/
!!!Heimspiel is back!!! At least for now.

And here you'll find the players progress map for the 'Let There Be Hats'-Forumgame:
http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx20 ... g_02-3.png
WorstCase
Keenspot Despot

Postby BurnsBees on Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:16 am

"I will get at you puny mortals after I am done with the humans downstairs." DSQ will go down stairs and skull kick a warrior.
Beware of the ducks with bombs. They know who you are and they are out to get you.
BurnsBees
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby LooksAndSmiles on Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:13 pm

Turn 41

The blob not even blinks at the new wave of scolding. Well, it would be hard to do without eyelids. Or eyes, for that matter. Slips shrugs and moves towards the others. He is magically teleported to Misses who decides to stay out of harm's way this turn.

The others charge down at the guards.

BadIdeas rushes down along with Capester, promptly followed by Herr Henry. The 2 guards on the left charge at BadIdeas, one aiming at his pet and the other at the goblin itself. Both the mount and the rider tank the attacks like a boss. The guard on the right launches at Capester, but also deals no damage. Now it's their turn!

BadIdeas swings at the nearest guard, dealing 2 WND thanks to his sharp axe! The swing connects with the other guard too, who recieves no wounds but his armor shatters (-1DEF permanently)! Herr Henry attacks the guard with his mighty pen, but he is not able to hurt him at all! Maybe the shattered one behind BadIdeas... The guard starts to giggle. It's either because of the failed attack, or Henry's fanged maw, who knows? Capester hits his enemy with his showel. Unfortunately, that is far too weak to even scratch the armor.

Monty charges down with her bonelion, and she deals a critical 2 WND to the guard Capester was unable to hurt. Also, looks like aside from the shattered guard, her bonelion slowly raises fear in her adversaires. DSQ arrives too, hoping he stays in a form with a leg to perform his soon-to-be-famous skull kick. To his luck, he stays in his current form and so he attacks the same target as Monty. He sadly realizes his POW is not enough to hurt the guard and his high heels fail to penetrate the armor too.

---

No Items have been obtained.

---

Since everyone stated only that he (and she) attacks, I rolled randomly for targets. This can be avoided, tho'. Also, in single combat your POW stats won't sum up even if you happen to attack the same player, while they indeed do if you specifically state cooperation. (However, in that case it counts as 1 attack only. )

---

Stats! (Because I think you'd ask about it)
Code: Select all
Name       POW DEF FAB WND
BadIdeas    7   5  15   5
Capester    2   7  13   4
Misses      5   3   4   10
Distrupts   2  11  17   3
Slipswords  5   5  18   5
Monty      10   7  19   4
H. H. von H 5  *5  19   4
--------- mounts ---------
Nyantops    0   5   2   0
Bonelion    4   2   5   0

---

If thatguy is indeed missing, I'm willing to open his slot. Thoughts?
LooksAndSmiles
Keenspot Despot

Postby kurik on Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:05 pm

"Herr Henry, attack the guy who's shield I broke." Ideas commands using his helm of power, and attacks the other solider again.
-George Carlin

-Mark Twain

-Edward Grey
kurik
Keenspot Despot

Postby m0rtimer on Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:40 pm

I'd say, wait one more day just in case Thatguy still lurks, then open the spot.

For now, Slips wwill charge down and fire all the magic at the guard on the right!

Alternatively, this:

"Oh god, an actual battle! I'm so excited! I can't wwait for this, it's going to be...

Actually, that looks kind of dangerous. Oh god, bloodshed. Oh god oh god oh god, no fuck this I'm not doing this noooooooo."

m0rtimer
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby knucklekraken on Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:20 pm

Capester will go a-yodeling.

Here are stats for a player race I created, compatible with 3.5 D&D. Please steal.

When faced with an encounter involving a predatory creature, a Tasty Person must make a Charisma Check. If the DC (15) is met, the creature will attack the Tasty Person to the exclusion of other targets who are not also Tasty People who have met this DC. The DC should be modified for monsters with a strong sense of smell, I leave this to your discretion as a DM. The monster is not forced to attack the Tasty Person if doing so would cause it to take an attack of opportunity.

knucklekraken
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby BurnsBees on Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:30 pm

DSQ will try to fireball his face off then.
Beware of the ducks with bombs. They know who you are and they are out to get you.
BurnsBees
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby knucklekraken on Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:34 pm

Wait, whose face?

knucklekraken
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby BurnsBees on Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:37 pm

HIS face. Can't ya read? :p

By that I mean the guy I just attacked not to long ago.
BurnsBees
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby knucklekraken on Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:59 pm

Just making sure it wasn't a reaction to yodeling. I get that sometimes.

knucklekraken
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby WorstCase on Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:27 am

Monty will happily continue fighting the guard.
My first Goblins Fancomic 'Risks &Sideeffects':
http://www.acyn.net/RSE_main.html
The second fancomic 'Heimspiel' can be found here (as well as some other Goblins related fan-art):
http://s756.photobucket.com/albums/xx20 ... se_Comics/
!!!Heimspiel is back!!! At least for now.

And here you'll find the players progress map for the 'Let There Be Hats'-Forumgame:
http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx20 ... g_02-3.png
WorstCase
Keenspot Despot

Postby thatguy on Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:31 pm

misses will climb down the ladder and then help slips attack the guard on the right with his wand.
thatguy
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby MadBoat on Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:54 am

kurik wrote:"Herr Henry, attack the guy who's shield I broke." Ideas commands using his helm of power, and attacks the other solider again.

H.H von H obliges. and promises to do a propper update tomorrow :-/

MadBoat
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby LooksAndSmiles on Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:26 am

Turn 42

And the battle continues!

Capester starts to yodeling! His voice, to put it mildly, is ... effective. Two of the nearer guards tremble from the shock and miss their targets, unfortunately, even BadIdeas got caught unaware by this formidable skill!
The guard further away attacks him from the back, but deals no damage. Slips and Misses arrives to help from above, Slips also feels the effects of the terrifying voice power of Capester.

Herr Henry obeys the orders, and with increased POWer rushes at the shattered guard. DSQ wants to firepunch the guard, but POOF!, he cannot find any ability to do so.

Monty swings her censored axe again, dealing yet another 2 WND to her adversary. Accompanied with Misses' lighting bolt, this suffices to kill off the poor guard. Herr Henry stabs in with his mighty pen, and deals a WND to the guard in the corner!

---

No items have been obtained. Headaches, maybe.
LooksAndSmiles
Keenspot Despot

Postby kurik on Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:45 am

Ideas swings at the guard again, and commands Henry to keep up the attack.
-George Carlin

-Mark Twain

-Edward Grey
kurik
Keenspot Despot

PreviousNext

Return to Goblins Games