The Forsaken (Round 36)

Moderator: Thunt

Forum rules
Forum games go here.

Re: The Forsaken Round 5

Postby Theonewhoisodd on Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:45 pm

I am considering separating you all so that I don't have to worry about you guys talking to each other in game :p Just kidding.
Extra-Dimensional shape-shifter with an affinity for confusion and mischief. Also I am a maniac...

Come lurk my game called The Forsaken.

Very first Bloodhound in Thuntworld Serial Killers.
Round 17 killer as Seth Bainwraith, fought off a lynch mob for 4 rounds until I purposely killed myself with a Trowel to complete the storyline of my kills.
Round 19 killer as Lesser Finger Horror, died in the first round but took the Ex-God SeeAMoose with me thanks to the Kaboomerang. (Thanks Warlock)
Round 31 killer as Forgath, died first round thanks to Vigilante justice...
Round 32 detective, found both killers fairly quickly.
Round 36 killer as FRGU, got hit with a computer error and thoroughly lynched.
Round 37 killer as Overlord, killed everyone and they didn't come back to life.
Theonewhoisodd
Keenspot Despot

Postby kurik on Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:53 pm

Theonewhoisodd wrote:I am considering separating you all so that I don't have to worry about you guys talking to each other in game :p Just kidding.

Hey, it's the introduction phase. It'll be over soon enough and the talkers will be killed off in due time.

...What?
If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little.
-George Carlin

Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform.
-Mark Twain

I thought this must be obvious to everyone else, as it seemed obvious to me; and that, if once it became apparent that we were on the edge, all the Great Powers would call a halt and recoil from the abyss.
-Edward Grey
kurik
Keenspot Despot

Postby Theonewhoisodd on Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:26 pm

kurik wrote:... and the talkers will be killed off in due time.

SPOILERS:Sooner than you think Mwahahahahahahahahahahaha!
Extra-Dimensional shape-shifter with an affinity for confusion and mischief. Also I am a maniac...

Round 17 killer as Seth Bainwraith, fought off a lynch mob for 4 rounds until I purposely killed myself with a Trowel to complete the storyline of my kills.
Round 19 killer as Lesser Finger Horror, died in the first round but took the Ex-God SeeAMoose with me thanks to the Kaboomerang. (Thanks Warlock)
Theonewhoisodd
Keenspot Despot

Re: The Forsaken Round 4

Postby SharesLoot on Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:38 pm

Cockadoodle moves up the rope (moving to explored room: minor action) and joins the other forsaken monsters in the elevator (minor: same room is now free, but elevator is a different room). "Hello everybody, I'm Cockadoodle. Cockadoodle Chickslash. Glad I made it, seems we are all going somewhere else!"

SPOILERS:Yay, hi everybody! Now we're all on the same boat... erm... in the same elevator :D

Thanks for letting the Chickslash move freely in the same room now, Odd.

I made a "HD" map for you all (2 MB!):
Yes, it could be improved, but not today.
╔═Clan Rampage══Goblin Gladiators II══Hats II══The Forsaken═══╗
╠═Hairy═════════Little Feet═════════Falls════Cockadoodle═══╣
╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
SharesLoot
Keenspot Despot

Postby Theonewhoisodd on Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:57 am

Shares take a quick look at your disability again. Moving between rooms is still a major action whether explored or not. Update Incoming.

Theonewhoisodd
Keenspot Despot

Re: The Forsaken Round 6

Postby Theonewhoisodd on Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:26 am

Fangs greets the newcomers with "Uh, hello." before proceeding to smash his head into the buttons on the wall. Congratulations HollowFang has unlocked a RoF trophy.

Brick Head
HollowFang gains +1 attack against walls... (He also takes one damage leaving him at 4/5 health points)

"Hey Nose, we have more company." Fang says after recovering from hitting his head. "Greetings, Snake-creature. I am DarkRoot the Entling, and this is my recently-met companion Orca the Espoiland. I assume 'Nose' is a companion of yours? Are you citizens of this odd place, or are you both also lost?" "Names' Orca." Orca says before wandering off. She does however observe the bird statue which looks almost lifelike. "My name is HollowFang. Yes, Nose is a companion of mine. Well, considering we met some 30 seconds ago. And I wouldn't say I'm lost so much as I have no idea where we are." he replies to the Entling as it presses the button allowing the both of them to enter. The symbol changes right above their eyes and the elevator becomes active.

Orca enters the tentacle room and the tentacles start to writhe furiously the moment she sets foot... errr vine in the room. It is oddly apparent that they do not want her here. Orca can smell a strange pollen in the air.

Cockadoodle jumps up to the rope and through a series of grabbing the rope with her talons and biting the rope she is able to get to the top. Unfortunately this takes longer than she expected and ends up taking the entire turn.

Theonewhoisodd
Keenspot Despot

Postby Dusk9 on Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:43 am

Sooo....where are we now? Are we still in the elavator, but on a new floor, or what?

If the elavator has indeed moved up to a new floor, DarkRoot will step out and examine the new room, wary for anything hostile. If the elavator hasn't moved, DarkRoot will examine the panel, looking for some way to move the elavator.
Threads of Reality
Hears-Disembodied-Voices
Lvl 1 Berserker ~ Exp: 9/10 ~ HP: 6/6 ~ Atk: 4 (+1~Rage) ~ Def: 4 (+1~50%) (+1~Rage)
Traits: Automatic Combat Rage; Jekyll and Hyde
Tower Game
Dusk ~ Lvl 2 Wraith Rogue ~ Exp: 2/3 ~ Atk: 2 ~ DEX: 1/4 ~ CON 6 ~ HP: 2/8
Skills: Stealth (1DEX/turn); Sneak Attack; Detect Trap (1DEX, R2)
Lair of the Mountain King
Eaten-By-Rabbits ~ HP: 3/5 ~ Atk: 1 ~ Def: 1
Capture the Flag (CTF) ~ on hiatus
Runs-into-Hard-Surfaces ~ Lvl 8 Trainee Attacker ~ Exp: 46/52
Feats: Sprint Awareness 3; Improved Dodge 2; Nimble 1; Sprint Endurance 1
Dusk9
Keenspot Despot

Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown)

Postby kurik on Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:52 am

Theonewhoisodd wrote:Fangs greets the newcomers with "Uh, hello." before proceeding to smash his head into the buttons on the wall. Congratulations HollowFang has unlocked a RoF trophy.

Brick Head
HollowFang gains +1 attack against walls... (He also takes one damage leaving him at 4/5 health points)

Ah, the things we do for the lulz. That bonus is gonna come in handy at some point, just wait.
................................................................................
Fang shakes his head to clear it from his battle with the elevator button, and makes some slightly akward elevator small talk. "So, where you three, uh, two from?"
If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little.
-George Carlin

Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform.
-Mark Twain

I thought this must be obvious to everyone else, as it seemed obvious to me; and that, if once it became apparent that we were on the edge, all the Great Powers would call a halt and recoil from the abyss.
-Edward Grey
kurik
Keenspot Despot

Postby Theonewhoisodd on Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:55 am

Sorry I probably should have said that the elevator has a button in it underneath the 'symbol'...

Theonewhoisodd
Keenspot Despot

Postby Dusk9 on Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:07 am

So, I guess the elavator will stop at floor 5 next turn, correct? In that case, DarkRoot will wait patiently, returning Fang's akward conversation:

"So, where you three, uh, two from?"

"The Forest of Eternal-Pain-and-Suffering-for-all-Trespassers. You?"
Threads of Reality
Hears-Disembodied-Voices
Lvl 1 Berserker ~ Exp: 9/10 ~ HP: 6/6 ~ Atk: 4 (+1~Rage) ~ Def: 4 (+1~50%) (+1~Rage)
Tower Game
Dusk9
Keenspot Despot

Postby Theonewhoisodd on Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:15 am

Dusk9 wrote:So, I guess the elavator will stop at floor 5 next turn, correct?

Seeing as that isn't a floor indicator, no.

Theonewhoisodd
Keenspot Despot

Postby Dusk9 on Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:23 am

Ohhhh, its showing the number of people/creatures in the lift, isn't it? And it only works if there is 2, 3 or 4 inside (not 1 or 5)? Does that mean we need to push the button under the symbol to make it move?

DarkRoot pushes the button under the symbol.
Threads of Reality
Hears-Disembodied-Voices
Tower Game
Dusk9
Keenspot Despot

Postby kurik on Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:58 am

Dusk9 wrote:"The Forest of Eternal-Pain-and-Suffering-for-all-Trespassers. You?"

"The jungle of ideas that seemed good at the time, apperently."
-George Carlin

-Mark Twain

-Edward Grey
kurik
Keenspot Despot

Postby SharesLoot on Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:16 pm

Cockadoodle presses the elevator button.

SPOILERS:
Theonewhoisodd wrote:Shares take a quick look at your disability again. Moving between rooms is still a major action whether explored or not. Update Incoming.

You're right, so my plan wasn't two minor actions, but a major (move a room) and a free/minor action (enter elevator). However, DM decides, and you said Cockadoodle used the whole move to get up the rope this time, so I won't argue.
SharesLoot
Keenspot Despot

Postby BurnsBees on Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:29 pm

"Fine, I don't want to be here anyways." Orca moves into the elevator.
Beware of the ducks with bombs. They know who you are and they are out to get you.
BurnsBees
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Theonewhoisodd on Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:28 pm

SharesLoot wrote:You're right, so my plan wasn't two minor actions, but a major (move a room) and a free/minor action (enter elevator). However, DM decides, and you said Cockadoodle used the whole move to get up the rope this time, so I won't argue.

The reasoning being that minor actions come before major actions and major actions end a turn.

Theonewhoisodd
Keenspot Despot

Re: The Forsaken Round 7

Postby Theonewhoisodd on Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:17 pm

Welcome to Floor Set 2!

Cutscene time...

The entling DarkRoot pressed the button before Orca and Cockadoodle were able to board the elevator so it takes off without them. Once it stops the three currently in the elevator exit. They enter a room that smells of rotten eggs. HollowFnag's keen eye catches something move through the rightwards exit. PinkNose can definitely smell some creature, or part of a creature, through the same doorway. Three runes are emblazened on the wall behind them.

Orca and Cockadoodle are forced to wait for the elevator to return to their floor. Once it gets their they board and ride the elevator up towards the others. The elevator reaches the floor but the turn is over

DM
Sorry this update took so long. My sister just got into town last night and this morning I found her dog had chewed up the elevator room, Hollow Fang, and Orca...

Theonewhoisodd
Keenspot Despot

Postby kurik on Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:34 pm

"Something is nearby, and it looked like it might be big." Fang says while testing the 'puddle' with his tail. If nothing bad happens, (and it's like the portal on the first floor Fang never saw) he'll stick his head in for a moment. Otherwise he'll go right.
Last edited by kurik on Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-George Carlin

-Mark Twain

-Edward Grey
kurik
Keenspot Despot

Postby YoungAndBeautiful on Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:10 pm

SPOILERS:Hehe, the picture looks a bit as if PinkNose is gently holding the cinh of Fang with intention to kiss him! :lol:

The tentacles in the lower floor did not harm Fang, but they did not like Orca. Do you want to go check it out Dark root?

If the Entling agrees and comes with PinkNose, she will go to the room on the right.
If not she will go left avoiding the puddle.
ATTENTION:
(Goblins and) Goblins Games is moving to a new Forum!

My nickname there will be GathersIngredients, btw.
YoungAndBeautiful
Keenspot Despot

Postby Dusk9 on Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:26 pm

"Something is nearby, and it looked like it might be big."

"The tentacles in the lower floor did not harm Fang, but they did not like Orca. Do you want to go check it out DarkRoot?"

"Of course, let us go see what you two are sensing."

DarkRoot
will move through to the room on the right with PinkNose.
Threads of Reality
Hears-Disembodied-Voices
Tower Game
Dusk9
Keenspot Despot

Postby Theonewhoisodd on Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:22 pm

HollowFang pokes his tail into the puddle, it feels like water. Nothing bad seems to happen so he sticks his head into it and sees a room filled with water. There is a doorway to the left and a ladder going down, there also seems to be pearls at the bottom.

Orca and Cockadoodle exit the elevator and don't do anything. Cockadoodle does have thoughts in her head about HollowFang looking much like a worm, and thus food.

"The tentacles in the lower floor did not harm Fang, but they did not like Orca. Do you want to go check it out DarkRoot?" "Of course, let us go see what you two are sensing." Darkroot and PinkNose team up and head towards the right room. The room seems to be made of interconnected bricks. In the room is also a portal like contraption.

Theonewhoisodd
Keenspot Despot

Re: The Forsaken (Round 8)

Postby YoungAndBeautiful on Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:43 pm

So the tentacle came through the portal, and is most likely still behind it. Im not sure if it is safe to enter or if we will be able to come back. Do you want to check it out anyway, or would you rather go elsewhere?
PinkNose will go with DarkRoots, either through the portal (if they are feeling lucky) or back to the elevator room (minor) and then one more room to the left (move).

DM Questions:
On the water room: There is a wave-y line visible. Is that the water gauge, or is the room filled to the top, so that any creature who can swim (and find their way back to the hole in the ceiling) can go back the way they came? BTW, how are the swimming skills of our creatures, or do we have to find out by trial and error?
On the food thoughts of Cockadoodle: Is food going to be an issue in this game, or was that just for fun? :)
ATTENTION:
(Goblins and) Goblins Games is moving to a new Forum!

My nickname there will be GathersIngredients, btw.
YoungAndBeautiful
Keenspot Despot

Postby Dusk9 on Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:28 pm

"So the tentacle came through the portal, and is most likely still behind it. Im not sure if it is safe to enter or if we will be able to come back. Do you want to check it out anyway, or would you rather go elsewhere?"

"Hmm... It would probably be wiser for us to explore some of the other rooms before we go jumping into strange portals."

DarkRoot
will move back to the lift room then left again into unexplored territory.
Threads of Reality
Hears-Disembodied-Voices
Tower Game
Dusk9
Keenspot Despot

Postby BurnsBees on Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:48 am

Orca will move right.
Beware of the ducks with bombs. They know who you are and they are out to get you.
BurnsBees
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby SharesLoot on Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:52 am

Cockadoodle moves right.

SPOILERS:So instead of only losing a minor action when moving within a room, I now need a major action to access an already discovered room and also lose a minor action? Oh oh, my disablility got worse!
SharesLoot
Keenspot Despot

PreviousNext

Return to Goblins Games