Clan Rampage (Forum Game)

Moderator: Thunt

Forum rules
Forum games go here.

Re: Clan Rampage (Forum Game)

Postby lokthar on Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:47 am

Chews aids in the overwhelming of the hammer brother.
Capture the flag
Rock Smasher Lv8 Trainee Strategist Exp: 48/52
Feats: Cheer Range 3, Cheer Effect 3, Cheer Stacking 1

Clan Rampage
Chews the Scenery: Ham level Medium to High
lokthar
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby ReadsVoraciously on Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:09 am

Warlock wrote:
SPOILERS:Fighter type! I called it.

Yep, your whole post was pretty prophetic. Rather appropriate for the Teller-in-Training to predict the whole tavern/fighter combination.

On a side note, my brother is out of town this weekend, travelling with my family. I had a paper that I needed to finish for my Ethics for CPA's course, so I'm staying in town. Relevance being, the update will be this evening, rather than Saturday.
Current Games:
Clan Rampage - GM - Come check it out!
Capture the Flag - Nose-In-A-Book
The Awesomesword Wanes - Thinks Twice - Teller/Heal-Bitch
The Clan of the Connected Mesh - Casts the First Stone
The Lost Chapter Clan - Follows Tracks - Lvl 4 Ranger
ReadsVoraciously
Keenspot Despot

Postby PicksUpSticks on Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:14 am

Breaks-A-Leg

Breaks joins in on the assault of the fighter, stabbing him in the knee in an attempt to prevent his escape.
Threads of Reality
Picks The Plan - Goblin Warrior
Level 1
Tower Game
Zombie Picks Up Sticks - Zombie Shaman
Cantrips/Inflict - 1 | Debuff/Buff - 2 | Suggestion - 3
Clan Rampage
Breaks A Leg - Goblin Knee Basher
Alive and stupid.
Goblin Heroes- PicksUpSticks - Completed
PicksUpSticks
Keenspot Despot

Postby SharesLoot on Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:09 pm

We want that bitchin' crossbow! But we don't want to die. Preciouss, we need to reduce our initiative!
Hairy hangs back. She switches Preciouss to defend, puts on her cauldron cap, and exchanges the scimitar for the improvised straw shield. Thusly equipped, Hairy throws herself at the adventurer, if he happens to still be alive, or else at the crossbowman. By throwing, she means sticking her short sword through their abdomen.

SPOILERS:Yeah, a bit cowardly, sacrificing initiative and 2 or 3 attack for defense, but I'm at 4 of 5 HP and who knows how hard the crossbow/hammer hit. I had the highest Initiative of the team, attacking first and possibly taking the brunt of the counterattack. This way, Hairy has a low initiative and will be there next round to assist in kicking any asses that survived this round's kicking.
╔═Clan Rampage══Goblin Gladiators II══Hats II══The Forsaken═══╗
╠═Hairy═════════Little Feet═════════Falls════Cockadoodle═══╣
╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
SharesLoot
Keenspot Despot

Postby ReadsVoraciously on Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:34 am

Turn 62

GnashesTeeth takes the time to put away his sword and shield in favor of the Broadsword, just in time to be dealt a staggering blow from the War Hammer, taking 4 damage and remaining stunned for the rest of the turn. Thank Maglubiyet for that Leather Helmet!
Lina fires her poisoned arrow into the fighter, which breaks on contact.
Breaks and Splatters both attack the lower half of the adventurer, while Gets and Enjoys both goblin pile attack the top half. Together, the 5 of them barely finish off the fighter, dealing 15 damage.
The fighter drops the Fighter Helmet, Fighter Armor, Chainmail Leggings, and the War Hammer.
Lina has now dealt enough damage to earn the skill, Battle Tactics, gaining +1 to all future attacks.
Hairy lags behind the group after donning her cauldron cap, but still has the time to attack the Crossbow guard but is unable to get through his defense. He then leaps backsward and launches a dart into Splatters, dealing 2 damage.
Since the fighter is already dead, Chews and Spells cheer the others on.

Maglubiyet’s Guidance: No more fighter. No movement from the other adventurer.

SPOILERS:The goblin luck holds! Gnashes’ Leather Helmet spawned the potential extra point of defense, saving his life. There are so many ways that someone could have died this round…which one of you rigged my dice?
Current Games:
ReadsVoraciously
Keenspot Despot

Postby jrlans on Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:31 am

(Private thoughts)*That looked like that stung a little, maybe I'll leave it at that for now...but then again, I could finish him off so easily...*

Gets turns his attention to the remaining human. He leaps off Splatters shoulders to drive his daggers into the human's face.
Clan Rampage
Gets Revenge
HP: 4/5
ATK: 1+2 (+1 Dagger, +1 Dagger)
DEF: 1+2 (+1 Leather Cap, +1 Leather Armour)
Inv: Empty Potion, Poisonous Mixture, Mug, Assortment of Useless Crap, Improvised Shield (+1 Def), Beer
Skill(s):[Backlash] - Gain +1 attack against any creature type that has previously damaged you.
jrlans
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Warlock on Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:11 am

Spells Disaster

Spells Disaster casts Heal on Gnashes.

SPOILERS:Maglubiyet dang it! I never get in on the fun. I don't think I've cast a successful "Ball of Fire" since we took on the rogue. From now on I'm doing conditional attacks if there is more than one target.
Last edited by Warlock on Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Warlock
Keenspot Despot

Postby kurik on Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:06 am

Enjoys puts away his axe, and grabs the beautiful war hammer off the ground, and smashes it into crossbow guy's face.
If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little.
-George Carlin

Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform.
-Mark Twain

I thought this must be obvious to everyone else, as it seemed obvious to me; and that, if once it became apparent that we were on the edge, all the Great Powers would call a halt and recoil from the abyss.
-Edward Grey
kurik
Keenspot Despot

Postby Silentobserver on Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:55 am

"Another one bites the dust, yeah!...Ow!" Splatters growls, whips around, and slashes at the foolish man with the crossbow who hadn't been smart enough to flee the moment he saw his comrade get one-shot.

First, however, he will equip his shield first! Like hell he was possibly going to get killed from some possible ability like rapid reload!
Last edited by Silentobserver on Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Clan Rampage
Splatters Gnomes – Walking Armory
HP: 3/5, Att: 4, Def: 4-6
Skills: Battle Tactics (Passive) - +1 Attack
Inventory: Pitchfork, Holey Cloak w/ Bell Clasp, Leather Armor, Leather Cap x2, Pear, Leather Helmet x2, Short Sword x2, Invisibility Potion, Wooden Shield, Broadsword
Silentobserver
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby lokthar on Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:56 am

Chews attacks the crossbowman
Capture the flag
Rock Smasher Lv8 Trainee Strategist Exp: 48/52
Feats: Cheer Range 3, Cheer Effect 3, Cheer Stacking 1

Clan Rampage
Chews the Scenery: Ham level Medium to High
lokthar
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby PicksUpSticks on Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:01 pm

Breaks, decides after some quiet contemplation that he will go all stealthy like, anticipating the arrival of more delicious guards.
Threads of Reality
Level 1
Tower Game
Clan Rampage
Alive and stupid.
PicksUpSticks
Keenspot Despot

Postby SlamsWithSticks on Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:57 pm

Lina stands between the crossbowman and Gnashes. The human would have to hit her before him. No goblin is gonna die for nothing.
Dares Devils, goblin berserker. Threads of reality
Lvl1 berserker. M. 8/10 EXP
HP: 5/5 ATT:3+used weapon DEF:3

Grace of Maglubiyet. Curse of Gold
Last in Lina. Clan Rampage
SlamsWithSticks
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Donnigan on Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:23 pm

"Well...It seems it would be prudent to stand behind my beautiful protector." GnashesTeeth says as he stays behind Lina, looking for something to throw at the crossbowman so he can contribute. "Thank you, mistress, for your assistance."
Madre de Dios! Es El Pollo Diablo!

HasBadTemper
Hit Points: 6/6(+5 goblin, +1 tough)
Attack: 6???(+1 Goblin, +1 Training, +4 Battleaxe, +??? Cold???) (9??? if Raging)
Defence: 8(+1 Goblin, +1 Tough, +3 Kite Shield, +3 Studded Leather)(7 if Raging)(9 or 8 if Wearing Iron Mask, unlikely)
Traits:
Goblin Rage 2: if 2hp or below 4+ attack. - 1def. Can multi strike, first strike.
Shield Bash 1: 25% chance to stun small creatures.

Inventory: Iron Mask
Donnigan
Keenspot Despot

Postby SharesLoot on Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:14 pm

Quite the wast of our time. Back to the Scimitar!
Hairy re-equips the Scimitar and switches the ring to attack, leaves on her cauldron cap, and attacks the crossbowman by sticking her short sword through his abdomen - again.

SPOILERS:That's what I feared. Glad no one died.
SharesLoot
Keenspot Despot

Postby ReadsVoraciously on Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:11 pm

SPOILERS:I apologize, but tonight will be a skip day. I have a migraine, and I still need to finish studying for one of my finals tomorrow. G'night.
Current Games:
ReadsVoraciously
Keenspot Despot

Postby ReadsVoraciously on Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:27 pm

Turn 63

The guard attempts to flee towards the church. Gets and Hairy both miss their attacks, but luckily Chews, Enjoys, and Splatters get hits in. Enjoys claimed the War Hammer and Splatters equipped his Wooden Shield prior to attacking. Together, the three just barely finish off the guard, dealing 8 damage. Chews has now dealt enough damage to gain the skill Battle Tactics. Off to the side, Spells heals Gnashes while he accepts the protection of the beautiful Lina. Breaks stealthily stealths.

What’s this? Enjoys has inflicted damage using both an axe and a hammer, fulfilling his secret destiny! He has gained Hammer & Axe Proficiency, gaining +1 attack with any hammer or axe that he wields.

Maglubiyet’s Guidance: No movement from the other adventurer.

[War Hammer] - +4 Attack 2-Handed, 25% Chance to Stun Target
Current Games:
ReadsVoraciously
Keenspot Despot

Postby Silentobserver on Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:34 pm

Splatters munches on an orange, opening the gate to collect the stuff the group had left outside and letting heals go about.
Clan Rampage
Inventory: Pitchfork, Holey Cloak w/ Bell Clasp, Leather Armor, Leather Cap x2, Pear, Leather Helmet x2, Short Sword x2, Invisibility Potion, Wooden Shield, Broadsword
Silentobserver
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby kurik on Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:03 pm

Enjoys drops the rouge hood in favor of the fighter's helm, and takes the fighter's head before returning to the guardhouse bar. "Okay, regroup for our next attack."

SPOILERS:Edit: meh, bar works to.
Last edited by kurik on Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little.
-George Carlin

Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform.
-Mark Twain

I thought this must be obvious to everyone else, as it seemed obvious to me; and that, if once it became apparent that we were on the edge, all the Great Powers would call a halt and recoil from the abyss.
-Edward Grey
kurik
Keenspot Despot

Postby Donnigan on Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:38 pm

"I hope you do not mind me taking these pants? I feel the need to cover my nethers." GnashesTeeth says as he grabs and wears the pants. "Alright, so, now where should we head?."
Madre de Dios! Es El Pollo Diablo!

HasBadTemper
Hit Points: 6/6(+5 goblin, +1 tough)
Attack: 6???(+1 Goblin, +1 Training, +4 Battleaxe, +??? Cold???) (9??? if Raging)
Defence: 8(+1 Goblin, +1 Tough, +3 Kite Shield, +3 Studded Leather)(7 if Raging)(9 or 8 if Wearing Iron Mask, unlikely)
Traits:
Goblin Rage 2: if 2hp or below 4+ attack. - 1def. Can multi strike, first strike.
Shield Bash 1: 25% chance to stun small creatures.

Inventory: Iron Mask
Donnigan
Keenspot Despot

Postby SharesLoot on Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:04 pm

I'm quite ineffective currently. Gah. Must. Regain. Killer instincts. Preciouss, please let me eat some human... *whine*
If it boosts her defense, Hairy exchanges her armor for the adventurer's armor still lying on the ground. She then follows Enjoys and attacks whomever non-goblinny they meet.
SharesLoot
Keenspot Despot

Postby Warlock on Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:03 am

Spells Disaster

Spells Disaster casts Heal on Gnashes again and picks up the Rogue's Hood and changes the color of his robes to match. If possible, he'll also eat his Apple.
SPOILERS:It has the same defence as his Leather Cap, but it looks more Mage-like and the +5 to initiative might help him get his spells cast faster.
SPOILERS:If Breaks wants the hood to complete his "Rogue" ensemble, I will give it to him.

SPOILERS:We still need to take on the other adventurer, but also we shouldn't forget about the Bartender. We need to get everyone healed up as much as possible, too.
Warlock
Keenspot Despot

Postby Silentobserver on Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:09 am

SPOILERS:Is it possible to get our attack and defense stats back on the front page? Or were they just becoming too confusing and random?
Clan Rampage
Silentobserver
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby ReadsVoraciously on Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:26 am

Silentobserver wrote:
SPOILERS:Is it possible to get our attack and defense stats back on the front page? Or were they just becoming too confusing and random?

SPOILERS:I suppose I could put them back. Originally, I was trying to show the potential range of attack & defense accounting for all equipment carried by the characters, and it became too much trouble. To make it simpler, I will only include attack and defense for the currently equipped items. I will edit the information back in with this evening's update.
Current Games:
ReadsVoraciously
Keenspot Despot

Postby kurik on Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:43 am

ReadsVoraciously wrote:
Silentobserver wrote:

SPOILERS:I suppose I could put them back. Originally, I was trying to show the potential range of attack & defense accounting for all equipment carried by the characters, and it became too much trouble. To make it simpler, I will only include attack and defense for the currently equipped items. I will edit the information back in with this evening's update.

SPOILERS:While your doing that, just to make sure we're on the same page, this is what I have my inventory listed as in my records. So if anythings wrong, let me know.

Inventory: Leather Cap, Rogue's Key, Wooden shield, Health Potion, War Hammer, Poisonous Mixture, 50gp, 100sp,
-George Carlin

-Mark Twain

-Edward Grey
kurik
Keenspot Despot

Postby PicksUpSticks on Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:23 pm

Breaks A Leg
Well we have two options, either we go for the cleric... Or we go raid the bar for items, I say the bar as it will give us time to fully heal.

Breaks then sneakifies his way over to the bar, allowing himself back in all sneaky like.
Threads of Reality
Level 1
Tower Game
Clan Rampage
Alive and stupid.
PicksUpSticks
Keenspot Despot