Clan Rampage (Forum Game)

Moderator: Thunt

Forum rules
Forum games go here.

Clan Rampage (Forum Game)

Postby ReadsVoraciously on Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:15 am

The Story
Throughout goblin lore, one can find numerous tales of goblins justly defending themselves from the attacks of other races. There are countless stories of the virtuous acts of goblin heroes as they protect the innocent and destroy evil invaders: The Clan of the Cryptic Fall. The Finders Clan. Clan Fourem. Clan MightyOak. The StoneTear Clan. The names go on and on of righteous goblins on noble quests.

This is not one of those stories.

Clan Rampage has a different societal structure. They do not have warcamps for the purpose of defending their village, because their village IS a warcamp. Goblins in Clan Rampage are taught to embrace combat from an early age. Goblins have to EARN the right to live permanently in the warcamp. Once they have been taught basic combat skills, young goblins are organized into small raiding parties, and are sent out into the world to conquer and invade non-monster settlements. The purpose of this behavior is to strengthen the goblins enough to be able to fulfill the goal set for them by the village. The goal is simple in nature, but difficult to achieve. They must bring back the heads of adventurers. No goblin party can return to the village without at least 1 adventurer head per goblin. They are able to return once they have met this requirement, sharing their knowledge and training with the future generations.

So this is the tale of one of these fledgling raiding parties, 7 goblins that must prove themselves to earn a place in their society by going on…THE RAMPAGE.

The Village

The prospective clan members are gathered before their mighty chief, Scalps Adventurers, and their wise teller, Hexes With Wild Abandon. Chief Scalps examines the line of goblins, sizing them up before proclaiming, “It is a tradition in our proud clan for the chief and teller to be present at the Departure Ceremony for our brave, young goblins as they begin their first rampage. You 7 goblins have a long, difficult journey ahead of you. Those of you who succeed will have proven yourselves worthy to become permanent members of our infamous clan. Those of you who fail will hopefully die bravely in glorious battle, living on in the songs and stories of your comrades-in-arms. Also as part of our traditions, you will be choosing new names for yourselves, discarding the fated names provided for you by our teller. This is symbolic of our view of fate. Fate does not control us. We control our own destiny. As proof of this, you will be provided with no weapons, armor, or items of any kind. It is up to each of you to earn all of your power. At this time, you will select your most courageous member as your raiding party leader. You will also choose the member most gifted spiritually to become your teller-in-training. Now go forth younglings, and remember, “No goblin ever won a battle by dying for their clan. They won it by making the enemy die for theirs.”

Last edited by ReadsVoraciously on Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Current Games:
Clan Rampage - GM - Come check it out!
Capture the Flag - Nose-In-A-Book
The Awesomesword Wanes - Thinks Twice - Teller/Heal-Bitch
The Clan of the Connected Mesh - Casts the First Stone
The Lost Chapter Clan - Follows Tracks - Lvl 4 Ranger
ReadsVoraciously
Keenspot Despot

Re: Clan Rampage (Forum Game)

Postby ReadsVoraciously on Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:16 am

The Rules

Signing Up
If you would like to play, please signify your interest with a simple post, such as “I would like to play.” Please do not post any character information until you are selected to play. Players will be randomly selected from all those interested. The random selection will be Monday evening.

Character Creation
When you are selected, please post your character name, gender, and color. If you select female as the gender, please also post your hair color. At this time, please also vote for your party leader and teller-in-training. All standard goblins have 1 att, 1 def, and 5 HP. The party leader receives a bonus point to each stat, for a total of 2 att, 2 def, and 6 HP. The Teller will receive the skill, Maglubiyet's Guidance, which warns the Teller when adventurers are nearby. This is a passive ability which is activated at each update. The Teller also has the potential to learn other skills as the adventure progresses.

Actions
Each goblin can perform 1 minor action and 1 major action per turn, or 2 minor actions per turn. Minor actions must take place chronologically before major actions, as all major actions end your turn.

Movement
Movement into an unexplored area is a major action. Movement into a previously explored area is a minor action, making it possible to double move as long as the first area has been previously explored. Movement between previously explored indoor rooms is a free action. Movement from an indoor room to a previously explored outdoor area is a free action. Movement within an area is a free action.

Item/Object Interaction
Using items, such as potions, is a major action. Giving away items is a minor action. Looting found items is a minor action. Looting dropped items is a minor action during combat, or a free action after combat. Equipping or unequipping items is a free action.

Inventory
Each character has their own personal inventory. There is not a shared inventory. There is no limit to the space in your inventory.

Combat
All combat actions and healing are major actions. Healing takes place at the same time as damage. If a character reaches 0 HP and does not receive healing, they are dead. All items found during the adventure are deemed clan property upon a clan member's passing. Any clan member may claim the items of a fallen clanmate on a first-come first-served basis.

Updates
At the beginning, I am only promising an update every other day not including weekends (Monday, Wednesday, Friday), but updates may become daily if time permits. The game is mostly drawn (about 80%) so I will be using weekends in the beginning to draw the remaining scenes/characters. Once the end scenes have been drawn, updates will occur more frequently as previously described. Updates will occur in the evenings, around 10pm Central Time.

Player Stats/Inventory

EnjoysHammers (and Axes) - Party Leader
HP: 6/6, Att: 9, Def: 5
Skills: Battle Tactics (Passive) - +1 Attack
Hammer/Axe Proficiency (Passive) - +1 Attack for Each Hammer or Axe Equipped
Inventory: Improvised Shield, Leather Cap, Rogue's Key, Blacksmithing Hammer, Leather Armor, Broadsword, Health Potion, Poisonous Mixture, War Axe, War Hammer, Fighter Helmet, Fighter’s Head, 50GP, 100SP, Beer, Eye Patch, Blue Curacao

Breaks A Leg - Leg-Fu Master
HP: 4/5, Att: 3-8, Def: 3-4
Skills: Fracture (Passive) - 20% Chance to Break Bone, +2 Att
Battle Tactics (Passive) - +1 Attack
Inventory: Awesome Cape, Leather Cap, Cloak of Shadows, The Backstabber Dagger, Wooden Shield, Beer Tap Tonfa

Splatters Gnomes – Walking Armory
HP: 4/5, Att: 4, Def: 4-6
Inventory: Pitchfork, Holey Cloak w/ Bell Clasp, Leather Armor x2, Leather Cap x2, Leather Helmet x3, Short Sword x2, Invisibility Potion, Wooden Shield, Broadsword, Crossbow (5 Darts), Rogue Leather Armor, Case of Wine (5 Wine Bottles)

Chews the Scenery - The Green GoblinTM
HP: 4/5, Att: 3-4, Def: 2-3
Inventory: Lumberjack's Axe, Improvised Shield, Lumberjack's Cap, Rogue's Head, Leather Armor, Invisibility Potion, Beer

Eeek! A Hairy Spider! - Goblin Psychopath
HP: 5/5, Att: 6, Def: 6, Awakening from her slumber
Inventory: Improvised Shield, Leather Helmet, Short Sword, Scimitar, Mood Ring (Offensive), Health Potion, Cauldron Cap, Fighter Armor, Loaf of Bread

Spells Disaster - Teller-in-Training
HP: 4/5, Att: 1, Def: 3
Skills: Heal (Major) - Restores 1HP Via Touch
Orbem Ignes (Major) - 1 Fire Damage, Ignores Defense
Inventory: Improvised Club, Leather Cap, 1 Apple, Improvised Shield, Robe of Many Colors, Lumberjack's Axe, Throwing Axe, Leather Helmet, Restorative Wand, Rogue’s Hood, Beer, Salted Beer Nuts (5 Servings)

Last in Lina – Goblin Flirt
HP: 5/5, Att: 3 Ranged, Def: 3-4
Inventory: Loaf of Bread, Straw Hat, Improvised Shield, Pear, Wooden Bow, Quiver (7 Arrows), Leather Helmet, Leather Armor, Dart Case (6 Darts)

Gets-Revenge – Treasure Hunter Junk Collector
HP: 4/5, Att: 3-4, Def: 3
Skills: Backlash (Passive) - +1 Attack Against Any Creature Type to Previously Attack You
Inventory: Improvised Shield, Dagger x2, 1 Empty Bottle, Leather Cap, Leather Armor, Poisonous Mixture, Mug, Assortment of Useless Crap, Beer

GnashesTeeth – Amorous Ex-Prisoner
HP: 4/5, Att: 6, Def: 4-5
Skills: N/A
Inventory: Short Sword, Wooden Shield, Leather Helmet, Leather Armor, Broadsword, Chainmail Leggings, Strong Spirits
Last edited by ReadsVoraciously on Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:01 pm, edited 27 times in total.
Current Games:
ReadsVoraciously
Keenspot Despot

Postby askstoomuch on Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:23 am

i want to join
SPOILERS:the art looks great hope i get in :D

SPOILERS:ow two questions can the teller heal and if we get choosen do we have to make a background story ?
Last edited by askstoomuch on Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
askstoomuch
Keenspot Despot

Postby Jacon on Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:27 am

I want to join.
Name:"Wears-A-Coat ( Delve Version)
Hp: 3/5
Attack: 4 ( 3 plus warhammer. Two handed.
def: 2 +1 to slashing weapons( Helmet +1)

Wears-a-long-coat
HP: 5/5 HP
MP: 3/3 MP
ATK: 3 ( +2 two handed bone sword)
DEF: 1
INT: 1

I'm very interested in playing a goblin game. If you create a new one let me know
Come join my game The New Goblin Warriors. viewtopic.php?f=136&t=113403
Jacon
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Silentobserver on Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:51 am

I want to join, I suppose. :)
Clan Rampage
HP: 3/5, Att: 4, Def: 4-6
Inventory: Pitchfork, Holey Cloak w/ Bell Clasp, Leather Armor, Leather Cap x2, Pear, Leather Helmet x2, Short Sword x2, Invisibility Potion, Wooden Shield, Broadsword
Silentobserver
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby ReadsVoraciously on Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:00 am

Silentobserver wrote:I want to join, I suppose. :)

Love the enthusiasm... :D
Current Games:
ReadsVoraciously
Keenspot Despot

Postby thatguy on Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:01 am

I would like to play
thatguy
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby kurik on Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:04 am

Sign me up. :D
If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little.
-George Carlin

Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform.
-Mark Twain

I thought this must be obvious to everyone else, as it seemed obvious to me; and that, if once it became apparent that we were on the edge, all the Great Powers would call a halt and recoil from the abyss.
-Edward Grey
kurik
Keenspot Despot

Postby arles on Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:06 am

SPOILERS:I don't have time to play, but this looks really cool! Good luck guys!
Looking forward to following another goblin clan story!
///I'm a Graphic Designer and I like forum games///
///DeviantART///

Image Image
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ImageDungeon Keeper - Chief | The Awesomesword Wanes | Map
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ImageCrimson Fire | Destiny of the Stonetear Clan | Map
HP: 5/5 | ATK: 4 (+3 Longsword) | DEF: 4 (+1 Leather Armor, +1 Ironclad stompers) | Inventory: Leather Bag. Skull. Goblin Journal.
arles
Keenspot Despot

Postby SharesLoot on Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:39 am

I would like to play.
╔═Clan Rampage══Goblin Gladiators II══Hats II══The Forsaken═══╗
╠═Hairy═════════Little Feet═════════Falls════Cockadoodle═══╣
╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
SharesLoot
Keenspot Despot

Postby Donnigan on Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:46 am

I would like to play!
Madre de Dios! Es El Pollo Diablo!

HasBadTemper
Hit Points: 6/6(+5 goblin, +1 tough)
Attack: 6???(+1 Goblin, +1 Training, +4 Battleaxe, +??? Cold???) (9??? if Raging)
Defence: 8(+1 Goblin, +1 Tough, +3 Kite Shield, +3 Studded Leather)(7 if Raging)(9 or 8 if Wearing Iron Mask, unlikely)
Traits:
Goblin Rage 2: if 2hp or below 4+ attack. - 1def. Can multi strike, first strike.
Shield Bash 1: 25% chance to stun small creatures.

Inventory: Iron Mask
Donnigan
Keenspot Despot

Postby Silentobserver on Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:17 am

ReadsVoraciously wrote:
Silentobserver wrote:I want to join, I suppose. :)

Love the enthusiasm... :D

Just chalking it up to the past times. I have always had god awful luck with any and all forms of raffles. :lol:
Clan Rampage
HP: 3/5, Att: 4, Def: 4-6
Inventory: Pitchfork, Holey Cloak w/ Bell Clasp, Leather Armor, Leather Cap x2, Pear, Leather Helmet x2, Short Sword x2, Invisibility Potion, Wooden Shield, Broadsword
Silentobserver
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby alopex on Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:22 am

I would like to play.
alopex
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Serne on Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:35 am

I'd be interested in playing.
The entire world needs exactly 3 things. Food. Clothes. Medicine. Why? Because: Hungry. Naked. Sick. SUCKS!

Now I've lost it. I Know I can kill. The truth exists beyond the gate.

Goblins: Civilization! - Finished
Clan of the Connected Mesh! Cmon' check it out!
Grieves - I Ate your Soul.
Serne
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Arutha on Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:05 pm

I Would like to play
Arutha
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Dusk9 on Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:10 pm

I would like to play.

Lets see if I can (finally :grumble: ) get lucky on one of these random draw things.
Threads of Reality
Hears-Disembodied-Voices
Lvl 1 Berserker ~ Exp: 9/10 ~ HP: 6/6 ~ Atk: 4 (+1~Rage) ~ Def: 4 (+1~50%) (+1~Rage)
Traits: Automatic Combat Rage; Jekyll and Hyde
Tower Game
Dusk ~ Lvl 2 Wraith Rogue ~ Exp: 2/3 ~ Atk: 2 ~ DEX: 1/4 ~ CON 6 ~ HP: 2/8
Skills: Stealth (1DEX/turn); Sneak Attack; Detect Trap (1DEX, R2)
Lair of the Mountain King
Eaten-By-Rabbits ~ HP: 3/5 ~ Atk: 1 ~ Def: 1
Capture the Flag (CTF) ~ on hiatus
Runs-into-Hard-Surfaces ~ Lvl 8 Trainee Attacker ~ Exp: 46/52
Feats: Sprint Awareness 3; Improved Dodge 2; Nimble 1; Sprint Endurance 1
Dusk9
Keenspot Despot

Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown)

Postby ReadsVoraciously on Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:20 pm

askstoomuch wrote:ow two questions can the teller heal and if we get choosen do we have to make a background story ?

1st Question: Not at the beginning
2nd Question: The basic information in the first post is enough information to explain how the goblins know each other and their goal. However, if you enjoy Role Playing and creating a back story or adding to your goblin's personality, feel free. :D
Current Games:
ReadsVoraciously
Keenspot Despot

Postby lokthar on Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:24 pm

I'd like to play
Capture the flag
Rock Smasher Lv8 Trainee Strategist Exp: 48/52
Feats: Cheer Range 3, Cheer Effect 3, Cheer Stacking 1

Clan Rampage
Chews the Scenery: Ham level Medium to High
lokthar
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby ThroughTheWell on Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:49 pm

So I'm guessing taking adventurer levels is not allowed because adventurers are bad, right?
ThroughTheWell
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby knucklekraken on Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:53 pm

Sign me up.

Member of the Irregulators. Reticulating splines since 2011.

Here are stats for a player race I created, compatible with 3.5 D&D. Please steal.

SPOILERS:Tasty People
+2 Charisma: Tasty People have strong natural pheromones.
-2 Wisdom: Tasty People have a racial predisposition for making bad decisions.
When faced with an encounter involving a predatory creature, a Tasty Person must make a Charisma Check. If the DC (15) is met, the creature will attack the Tasty Person to the exclusion of other targets who are not also Tasty People who have met this DC. The DC should be modified for monsters with a strong sense of smell, I leave this to your discretion as a DM. The monster is not forced to attack the Tasty Person if doing so would cause it to take an attack of opportunity.
A Tasty Person's starting class should be treated as his favored class.

Tasty People speak Common.
knucklekraken
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby ReadsVoraciously on Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:10 pm

ThroughTheWell wrote:So I'm guessing taking adventurer levels is not allowed because adventurers are bad, right?

Sure, take adventurer levels...then your clanmates don't have to travel as far to find an adventurer head :D

In all seriousness, no. No adventurer levels.
Current Games:
ReadsVoraciously
Keenspot Despot

Postby Crayling on Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:05 am

Sounds fun :)
I'd like to play :D
Crayling
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Warlock on Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:34 am

I would like to play.
Warlock
Keenspot Despot

Postby kelten on Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:57 am

I would like to play!
Stabsafoot
HP: 6/9 ATT:15 (1+13+1) DEF:29 (2+21+1) CHR: +14
Equipment:
Blooddrinker: +10 ATT +4 CHR, extra dmg to evil, drains life
See-all boots: +5 DEF +2 CHR a chance of noticing a trap before setting it off.
mightyoak shield, intricate greaves, +2 intricate chainmail, magic gloves, heavenly ring: allows smite evil
darkforged helmet, ring of health

In debt:
Dead, but in heaven in the game Hats

Hits to hard, training for cheff

Keltens betting station, gamble away with the goblin crowd!
kelten
Keenspot Despot

Postby Dlover on Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:24 am

This looks like it could go well, but I'm involved in more than enough games already.
Dlover
Keenspot Juggernaut

Next

Return to Goblins Games