The Labyrinth's Tests

Moderator: Thunt

Forum rules
Forum games go here.

Re: The Labyrinth's Tests

Postby Haragorn on Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:09 pm

I don't need cover, but I do need to meditate. Also, everyone please make sure to avoid the falling guard.

Strides in Stars
Strides meditates, and stays out of the way of the falling guard and hopefully any other guards.
Haragorn
Keenspot Despot

Postby Dusk9 on Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:50 pm

Loud, Jack and HotAir: avoid the falling guard while doing the other stuff written above.
Threads of Reality
Hears-Disembodied-Voices
Lvl 1 Berserker ~ Exp: 9/10 ~ HP: 6/6 ~ Atk: 4 (+1~Rage) ~ Def: 4 (+1~50%) (+1~Rage)
Traits: Automatic Combat Rage; Jekyll and Hyde
Tower Game
Dusk ~ Lvl 2 Wraith Rogue ~ Exp: 2/3 ~ Atk: 2 ~ DEX: 1/4 ~ CON 6 ~ HP: 2/8
Skills: Stealth (1DEX/turn); Sneak Attack; Detect Trap (1DEX, R2)
Lair of the Mountain King
Eaten-By-Rabbits ~ HP: 3/5 ~ Atk: 1 ~ Def: 1
Capture the Flag (CTF) ~ on hiatus
Runs-into-Hard-Surfaces ~ Lvl 8 Trainee Attacker ~ Exp: 46/52
Feats: Sprint Awareness 3; Improved Dodge 2; Nimble 1; Sprint Endurance 1
Dusk9
Keenspot Despot

Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown)

Postby Dlover on Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:42 pm

Sir sets off the grenade, hitting the man who attacked the ant, the man whose armour was damaged by Strides, and one other, severely injuring the one with damaged armour. Setting off the grenade does not take any mp.
Sir then tells the golem to attack an injured soldier, and it hits the man on the ground, who had attacked the ant, killing him.
Sir checks the sky for the falling guard, and can see him dropping towards the ground about where Hot Air is standing, and will probably hit the ground in one turn.

Stands throws his four grenades towards the guards, and they land near the men. He then tries to set them off, but throwing four grenades is a tricky thing to do, and he doesn't have the time.

Loud meditates to 3mp, offering the ring to anyone who wants it.

Jack attacks the man with the damaged armour, dealing barely any damage, but the guard is hurt so badly it doesn't matter anyway.

Hot Air meditates to 3mp and grabs a cheese shield, stepping out from under the falling man to do so.

Itchy takes the ring from Load and recasts Crawling Carapace on his ant, dropping to 1mp. He commands his ant to attack the prone man, but since he is already dead, the ant attacks the man with the broken armour, and manages to kill him.

Dives continues to attack the two men who survived while her third head helps with one of them. One of the men looks badly injured, but the other still doesn't take any damage.

Strides meditates to 3mp, standing back from the fight to avoid being attacked by the men.

The four remaining men decide they aren't going to be able to hurt the ant, and turn to Sir's golem instead, successfully landing their blows now that the grease is gone, but unable to deal any damage thanks to Loud's roar, the effect of which ended this turn.

SPOILERS:Seriously, with Jack's Thief! and Deafening Roar, one of the guards actually had 0 attack! He may as well have been trying to scoop parts out of the golem with a toothpick!
Oh, also; Xmas update next turn? Possible. By which I don't mean it's possible I will update, that's almost definite (I really shouldn't place you guys over life, but I get along with you better), I mean I may have something special happen. Haven't decided.
Dlover
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby madmartin26 on Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:26 pm

Stands detonates his grenades, but makes sure not to detonate grenades that are close enough to friends to harm them. If possible, he also detonates his cake.(again, as long as it won't hurt friendlies)
Studies Everything He Can Get His Hands On, Threads of Reality
Lives in the Forest, Capture the Flag
Thinks Too Much, Destiny Of The Stonetear Clan
Climbs Trees, The Awesomesword Wanes
madmartin26
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby kurik on Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:16 pm

Itchy offers up the ring and meditates.

madmartin26 wrote:Stands detonates his grenades, but makes sure not to detonate grenades that are close enough to friends to harm them. If possible, he also detonates his cake.(again, as long as it won't hurt friendlies)

Don't count the ant as a reason to not explode something. I think it can take it.
If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little.
-George Carlin

Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform.
-Mark Twain

I thought this must be obvious to everyone else, as it seemed obvious to me; and that, if once it became apparent that we were on the edge, all the Great Powers would call a halt and recoil from the abyss.
-Edward Grey
kurik
Keenspot Despot

Postby Dusk9 on Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:15 am

Loud, Jack and HotAir: same moves as last turn.

Could Sir recast Grease with the ring now that Deafening Roar has worn off? We need something to lower the amount of damage they can do. Also, how long does Thief! last?
Threads of Reality
Hears-Disembodied-Voices
Lvl 1 Berserker ~ Exp: 9/10 ~ HP: 6/6 ~ Atk: 4 (+1~Rage) ~ Def: 4 (+1~50%) (+1~Rage)
Tower Game
Dusk9
Keenspot Despot

Postby Dlover on Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:57 am

SPOILERS:Thief! lasts until Jack and the target are in separate areas, one of the two dies, or Jack casts Thief! on a different target. Yeah, that's pretty OP, but let's just say he got lucky with that spell. :P
Dlover
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby YoungAndBeautiful on Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:05 am

Sir Edam recasts Grease (with the ring, if he gets it). He also commands the golem to retaliate. He also watches out for the falling guard, ready to move any friend out of it's course, or at least yell a warning, if he can't reach in time.
SPOILERS:@ Dusk: I was planing to do so, that's why I first meditated and then used something that didn't drain MP. ;) But thank you for keeping an eye out for all of us. :D

I said so in other threads already, but: Happy holidays everyone!

Looks like I wont find out if Don't - from the Awesomesword wanes- makes it, before Xmas, though. :( *keeps on wishing and hoping and thinking and praying*

Dlover wrote:
SPOILERS:Thief! lasts until Jack and the target are in separate areas, one of the two dies, or Jack casts Thief! on a different target. Yeah, that's pretty OP, but let's just say he got lucky with that spell. :P

@GM: IS the target of the Thief! spell dead, or not yet? And if he's not dead, is he still able to fight? Sorry, but I couldn't keep track of the fighting properly.
ATTENTION:
(Goblins and) Goblins Games is moving to a new Forum!

My nickname there will be GathersIngredients, btw.
YoungAndBeautiful
Keenspot Despot

Postby Haragorn on Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:20 am

Strides in Stars
Strides teleports as large a chunk of ground as possible out from under a guard to directly above said guard. If possible, he will catch multiple guards with this.
Haragorn
Keenspot Despot

Postby Dlover on Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:01 am

Just waiting on an action for Dives.
Dlover
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Dlover on Sun Dec 25, 2011 5:39 am

Since it's Christmas and we're missing an action, I'll skip the update tonight and update once WorstCase has a chance to post an action.
Dlover
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby WorstCase on Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:12 am

Cer-Dives is still busy biting her opponents.
SPOILERS:Sorry, X-mas is celebrated on the 24th in Germany, so I was too busy to post anything.And my brother had taken my computer hostage TxT
My first Goblins Fancomic 'Risks &Sideeffects':
http://www.acyn.net/RSE_main.html
The second fancomic 'Heimspiel' can be found here (as well as some other Goblins related fan-art):
http://s756.photobucket.com/albums/xx20 ... se_Comics/
!!!Heimspiel is back!!! At least for now.

And here you'll find the players progress map for the 'Let There Be Hats'-Forumgame:
http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx20 ... g_02-3.png
WorstCase
Keenspot Despot

Postby Dlover on Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:08 pm

Stands sets of his grenades, hitting two of the men with the explosions and dealing a decent amount of damage, but not killing either of them.

Itchy offers the ring to the other and meditates to 3mp.

Loud meditates to 5mp.

Hot Air meditates to 5mp.

Jack attacks the man he cast Thief! on, yet again only dealing damage because of Lucky Strike.

Sir takes the ring from Itchy and recasts Grease, dropping to 1mp, then commands his golem to fight back, and it hits Jack's target managing to break through his defence. Another glance at the sky tells him everyone who was under the falling man has moved.

Strides teleports a chunk out of the ground from beneath the feet of all of the men, and a little ways directly above them, dropping to 1mp. It should hit the place where it used to be next turn.

Dives continues to chew on the guards, leaning into the hole Strides made to do so. She kills one of the men with a single head and deals very minor damage to the other.

The men begin scrabbling up the sides of the pit Strides has dropped them into, and one manages to get enough of a grip to climb out. Jack's Thief! target and Dives' target are both still trying to climb their way out.

The other man hits the ground. Does anything else really need to be said about that if it took three turns for him to do so?

SPOILERS:I've been rolling for things like who gets hit by explosions, or caught in Strides' spell area and such things, and the I was shocked when every single man got caught in that hole Strides had made.

Yeah, I couldn't think of a suitable holiday-related event.
Dlover
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Haragorn on Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:36 pm

Bwahahahaha.
Haragorn
Keenspot Despot

Postby Dusk9 on Sun Dec 25, 2011 4:07 pm

Loud casts AirBlast on the soldier that climbed out of the pit, trying to knock him back in.
Vote for Jack: increase the probability of the soldier being knocked back.
Vote for HotAir: use advanced manipulation to stop any other soldiers from climbing out by knocking away their hands from the edges or forcing them back in with solid air.

If you guys have any grenades/explosives left, now's the time to use them. I suggest the melee guys (Cer-Dives, Ant, Golem) focus on any who manages to climb out, while everyone else uses ranged/area attacks on the pit.
Threads of Reality
Hears-Disembodied-Voices
Tower Game
Dusk9
Keenspot Despot

Postby Haragorn on Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:09 pm

Why did that cost 2 MP?
Haragorn
Keenspot Despot

Postby madmartin26 on Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:59 pm

Stands picks up his cake from the ground, throws it in the pit, and sets it off.

"More fireworks!"
Studies Everything He Can Get His Hands On, Threads of Reality
Lives in the Forest, Capture the Flag
Thinks Too Much, Destiny Of The Stonetear Clan
Climbs Trees, The Awesomesword Wanes
madmartin26
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby kurik on Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:18 pm

SPOILERS:Why ant no attack? Need orders every turn?

In congratulations of his success in overcomeing his mortal foe, the pit, Itchy casts Swarm at the man what climbed out of the hole and directs his ant to bite the holy crap outta him with it's big bitey parts.
If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little.
-George Carlin

Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform.
-Mark Twain

I thought this must be obvious to everyone else, as it seemed obvious to me; and that, if once it became apparent that we were on the edge, all the Great Powers would call a halt and recoil from the abyss.
-Edward Grey
kurik
Keenspot Despot

Postby Dlover on Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:09 pm

SPOILERS:It cost 2mp because I'm not letting you screw over the entire rest of the battle for 1. If you need a better reason, it was a very large area.
Dlover
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Haragorn on Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:27 pm

Strides in Stars
Strides meditates.
Haragorn
Keenspot Despot

Postby YoungAndBeautiful on Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:57 am

Dlover wrote:The other man hits the ground. Does anything else really need to be said about that if it took three turns for him to do so?

SPOILERS::o I guess that one is about to find out just how skilled those cleric really are... :oops:

Sir Edam commands his golem to attack one of the guards, preferably in a way that keeps the man in the pit and the golem from getting crushed. He'll also keep out an eye for the dropping mass of earth, ready to yank CerDives' heads out of the way, if need may be. He also passes the ring to anyone who wants/needs it and, if he is able to do so in spite of all those other things happening, he will meditate.
ATTENTION:
(Goblins and) Goblins Games is moving to a new Forum!

My nickname there will be GathersIngredients, btw.
YoungAndBeautiful
Keenspot Despot

Postby Dusk9 on Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:15 am

Vote that HotAir gets the ring so she can better block any attempts at climbing out of the pit.
Threads of Reality
Hears-Disembodied-Voices
Tower Game
Dusk9
Keenspot Despot

Postby Dlover on Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:51 am

Just need an action for Dives.
Dlover
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby WorstCase on Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:58 am

Cer-Dives decides to pay all three heads attention to the last of her current opponents, trying to kill him this turn. She'll look for new targets after she has successfully dealt with this one.
If Sir tries to pull her away for some reason she'll pull her opponent with her.
My first Goblins Fancomic 'Risks &Sideeffects':
http://www.acyn.net/RSE_main.html
The second fancomic 'Heimspiel' can be found here (as well as some other Goblins related fan-art):
http://s756.photobucket.com/albums/xx20 ... se_Comics/
!!!Heimspiel is back!!! At least for now.

And here you'll find the players progress map for the 'Let There Be Hats'-Forumgame:
http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx20 ... g_02-3.png
WorstCase
Keenspot Despot

Postby Dlover on Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:29 pm

Loud blasts the soldier that had managed to climb out, dropping to 4mp, and Jack increases the chances of the man being knocked into the hole, dropping to 1mp, but the man is still standing.

Hot Air takes the ring from Sir and uses manipulation to stop the other men from climbing out of the hole, dropping to 3mp.

Stands tosses the cake into the pit, yelling "More fireworks!", and tries to set it off. Though throwing explosives is a major action, se he fails miserably.

Itchy summons a swarm and direct both it and his ant to attack the man who climbed out, dropping to 1mp as he does so, and dealing decent damage.

Strides meditates to 3mp.

Sir commands his golem to attack the guards, and since it is unwilling to jump into the pit, it hacks at the man up top, dealing enough damage to bring the man within an inch from death. Sir then prepares to yank Dives' heads away from the pit when the falling earth gets close, resting to 3mp in the meantime.

All three of Dives' heads attack her last target, having to lay down to reach him, and deals a fair bit of damage. When Sir begins pulling on Dives' heads, she grabs onto the man and pulls him with her.

The man still trapped in the pit continues to scramble up the sides, but slides back down to the bottom and is crushed by the chunk of ground returning to its place.

The two men who still live are becoming frantic at this point, and they begin slashing at Dives' middle head, dealing three damage, bringing it to 2hp.
Dlover
Keenspot Juggernaut

PreviousNext

Return to Goblins Games