The Labyrinth's Tests

Moderator: Thunt

Forum rules
Forum games go here.

Re: The Labyrinth's Tests

Postby Haragorn on Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:58 pm

Maybe the guys outside have died of old age.
Haragorn
Keenspot Despot

Postby madmartin26 on Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:47 pm

"hopefully they'll at least be off their guard. :evilgrin: "

IF we attack:

Stands rushes in, detonates his cake, throws his cards everywhere(he has 50 of them) and if he has time, he throws a shaped charge into the crowd of guards.

IF we DO NOT attack:

Stands starts snoring in the corner.
Studies Everything He Can Get His Hands On, Threads of Reality
Lives in the Forest, Capture the Flag
Thinks Too Much, Destiny Of The Stonetear Clan
Climbs Trees, The Awesomesword Wanes
madmartin26
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Dlover on Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:42 pm

You may want to choose one of those actions Mad, as they are major actions.
Dlover
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby YoungAndBeautiful on Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:17 am

When we attack, Sir Edam moves into the "room" with the adversaries and casts grease (using the ring, if he is offered it) there. He'll also tell the golem to attack, using the sword he has been given (and ride CerDives, if he can do so and she agrees with it). Until them, he just continues summoning sandwiches for two rounds and meditate in the third.
ATTENTION:
(Goblins and) Goblins Games is moving to a new Forum!

My nickname there will be GathersIngredients, btw.
YoungAndBeautiful
Keenspot Despot

Postby Haragorn on Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:25 am

Strides in Stars
If fighting is going to start, Strides heads outside and teleports one of the guards up into the air as far as possible, attempting to align him so that his head is downwards, if possible.
Haragorn
Keenspot Despot

Postby Dlover on Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:23 am

Need actions for Itchy, Loud and Dives.
Dlover
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Dusk9 on Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:33 am

Ok then, I guess we're attacking.
Loud passes the ring to Sir, picks up a cheese sheild, moves outside and uses airblast on a soldier that is not being attacked already. Vote for HotAir to do the same with Gust, and Jack to cast Thief! on another one (since Jack can't use a shield, staff and weapon at the same time, could Itchy use carapace?).
Threads of Reality
Hears-Disembodied-Voices
Lvl 1 Berserker ~ Exp: 9/10 ~ HP: 6/6 ~ Atk: 4 (+1~Rage) ~ Def: 4 (+1~50%) (+1~Rage)
Traits: Automatic Combat Rage; Jekyll and Hyde
Tower Game
Dusk ~ Lvl 2 Wraith Rogue ~ Exp: 2/3 ~ Atk: 2 ~ DEX: 1/4 ~ CON 6 ~ HP: 2/8
Skills: Stealth (1DEX/turn); Sneak Attack; Detect Trap (1DEX, R2)
Lair of the Mountain King
Eaten-By-Rabbits ~ HP: 3/5 ~ Atk: 1 ~ Def: 1
Capture the Flag (CTF) ~ on hiatus
Runs-into-Hard-Surfaces ~ Lvl 8 Trainee Attacker ~ Exp: 46/52
Feats: Sprint Awareness 3; Improved Dodge 2; Nimble 1; Sprint Endurance 1
Dusk9
Keenspot Despot

Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown)

Postby WorstCase on Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:18 am

Cer-Dives allows Sir to ride on her back.
She then moves into the room with the guards for the battle.
"And please don't et anything big explode in there Stands, we don't know how stable the ceiling of the cave is. I'm neither too hot on friendly fire nor on being buried alive. Not to mention, that we agreed that we don't do any surprise attacks on the humans, if they give us some more time to explore and prepare."
My first Goblins Fancomic 'Risks &Sideeffects':
http://www.acyn.net/RSE_main.html
The second fancomic 'Heimspiel' can be found here (as well as some other Goblins related fan-art):
http://s756.photobucket.com/albums/xx20 ... se_Comics/
!!!Heimspiel is back!!! At least for now.

And here you'll find the players progress map for the 'Let There Be Hats'-Forumgame:
http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx20 ... g_02-3.png
WorstCase
Keenspot Despot

Postby Dlover on Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:57 am

Skip update for now, will probably do it early in the morning (For me).
Dlover
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby kurik on Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:43 am

SPOILERS:Sorry, last day and a half have been hectic as all hell.

Itchy waits to rush out into battle, sending his ant into the fight and casting crawling carapace on it as soon as everyone is ready.
If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little.
-George Carlin

Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform.
-Mark Twain

I thought this must be obvious to everyone else, as it seemed obvious to me; and that, if once it became apparent that we were on the edge, all the Great Powers would call a halt and recoil from the abyss.
-Edward Grey
kurik
Keenspot Despot

Postby madmartin26 on Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:14 am

seriously? detonating something is a major action? :( in that case, stands just throws his cards, the fireworks can come later. He will also give the guards a second or two to notice him before throwing the cards.

"And we told them to expect an attack sometime after we leave their area, so they should be ready."
madmartin26
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Dlover on Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:35 pm

Stands runs outside and throws the cards out to cover as much area as possible, which causes the guards to falter for a moment, before two of them approach him, one stepping on two cards, the other on one. Both of the men are knocked over by the resulting explosion and take some damage in the process.

Sir climbs onto Dives' back and waits for her to walk outside. He then casts Grease using the ring Loud had given to him, dropping to 2mp and sends his golem to attack. It moves towards the men as two of them drop their swords and run at the sight of a conscious cerberus, and targets one of the men who stood on Stands' cards, dealing a good amount of damage.

Strides walks outside and teleports a man into the air, the one chosen being the one that was knocked over, but not attacked by the cheese golem. It may take a couple of turns for him to arrive, and when he does, it's best not to be under him. Sir is at 3mp.

Loud takes one of the cheese shields, then heads outside and airblasts one of the uninjured soldiers, but deals no damage and doesn't have enough force to push the man back, dropping Loud to 4mp.

Hot Air, by Loud's suggestion, casts gust against one of the other uninjured soldiers, dropping to 4mp as she does so, and dealing no damage.

Jack, also by Loud's suggestion, casts Thief! on one of the remaining attacked men, dropping to 2mp as a result.

Dives simply walks into the room saying, "And please don't let anything big explode in there Stands, we don't know how stable the ceiling of the cave is. I'm neither too hot on friendly fire nor on being buried alive. Not to mention, that we agreed that we don't do any surprise attacks on the humans, if they give us some more time to explore and prepare."
To which Stands replies, "And we told them to expect an attack sometime after we leave their area, so they should be ready."

Itchy runs outside and sends his ant off to fight and casts Crawling Carapace on it, dropping to 2mp. The ant attacks the man Hot Air had hit with her Gust, dealing some damage.

The soldiers, apart from the man who was knocked over by the cards recovering from a moment of surprise, group together and attack Itchy's ant, seeing it as the closest target, which allows them to avoid crossing the cards. five of the seven attacking miss, and the two who don't fail to pierce the ant's defence.

SPOILERS:Detonating the cake is a major because it is activating your magic, though it won't actually have any drain.
That was a lot of working out who attacked what and how much damage was done. It's possible I did something wrong, but not likely.
These men aren't just mindless mobs or animals, they're trained soldiers. Spreading your attacks isn't going to spread theirs.
Dlover
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby kurik on Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:16 pm

Itchy meditates and directs his to attack while moveing towards the cards.
If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little.
-George Carlin

Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform.
-Mark Twain

I thought this must be obvious to everyone else, as it seemed obvious to me; and that, if once it became apparent that we were on the edge, all the Great Powers would call a halt and recoil from the abyss.
-Edward Grey
kurik
Keenspot Despot

Postby Haragorn on Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:33 pm

Strides in Stars
Strides attempts to teleport significant sections of many guards' chests elsewhere. If he can't do that and he can still cast, he teleports another guard as high as possible.
Haragorn
Keenspot Despot

Postby YoungAndBeautiful on Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:00 pm

Dlover wrote:Sir climbs onto Dives' back and waits for her to walk outside. He then casts Grease using the ring Loud had given to him, dropping to 2mp and sends his golem to attack. Sir is at 3mp.

So is Sir at 2 or 3 MP now?

Sir Edam will pass the ring to Loud and continue to command the golem to attack some guard, preferably someone already wounded. He will also meditate on CerDives back - if that is possible. OR, if he can't meditate, he will use the enchanted circular balde to fight any gurad that comes close enough. (Both casting and attacking are major actions, right?)
If he still can, he will throw all three shrapnel grenades into a bunch of soldiers, preferably where no goblin (and, but to a lesser extent no summoned creature like the golem or the ant - CerDives is still a goblin in my eyes!) is near-by. (He will activate them next turn, if he isn't able to do so this turn because of the meditating, but he will throw them into their center nontheless).

Also, a map would be nice, or at least the total number of guards still able to fight.

Edited in: give the ring to Loud.
Last edited by YoungAndBeautiful on Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ATTENTION:

YoungAndBeautiful
Keenspot Despot

Postby Dusk9 on Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:48 pm

Can Sir pass the ring to me so I can cast an upgraded Deafening Roar, please?

Loud accepts the ring if it is passed to him, and casts Deafening Roar.

Vote for Jack: attack the guard he just cast Thief! on with his enchanted weapon.
Vote for HotAir: cast Panic on one of the soldiers near the back of the group.
Threads of Reality
Hears-Disembodied-Voices
Lvl 1 Berserker ~ Exp: 9/10 ~ HP: 6/6 ~ Atk: 4 (+1~Rage) ~ Def: 4 (+1~50%) (+1~Rage)
Tower Game
Dusk9
Keenspot Despot

Postby Dlover on Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:50 pm

Sir is at 2mp. Don't forget the Obsidian Portal page, linked in my sig, has character statistics, updated each turn.

Only need an action for Dives.
Dlover
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby WorstCase on Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:32 am

Cer-Dives attacks some of the guards, who were not smart enough to run. She does her best not to interfere with any of Sir's actions If any of the guards tries to attack Sir in melee, she'll make them her main target.
The second fancomic 'Heimspiel' can be found here (as well as some other Goblins related fan-art):

And here you'll find the players progress map for the 'Let There Be Hats'-Forumgame:
WorstCase
Keenspot Despot

Postby Dlover on Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:34 am

Itchy meditates to 4mp and commands his ant to continue to attack while retreating over the cards. It attacks the man who just stood up, but doesn't manage to deal any damage.

Strides tries teleporting vital organs out of people, but ends up only teleporting chunks out of one of the men's armour and dropping to 1mp.

Sir tosses the ring to Loud and meditates to 4mp, then manages to toss one of the shrapnel grenades in the general direction of the guards, and it lands slightly closer to the guards than where the ant currently stands. He then commands the golem to attack an injured target and it swings at the man the ant had attacked, dealing some damage.

Loud, receiving the ring, casts deafening roar, dropping to 1mp. The men flinch, but they do not flee.

Jack charges the soldier he had cast Thief! on earlier and slices at him with his knife, dealing damage only thanks to his Lucky Strike ability, but not managing to do enough damage to leave the man vulnerable to further attacks.

Hot Air casts Panic on an uninjured soldier who was standing further back than the rest, dropping to 1mp. The man collapses to the ground.

Dives begins attacking the guards. The one guard who was knocked over, but not teleported is killed, but Dives' other two targets take no damage.

Of the six guards still able to fight, only one manages to land a blow while sliding around in the grease, hitting Itchy's ant, but dealing no damage. Unfortunately, this draws him onto the cards, two of which explode and injure the soldier, knocking him over, but the ant's insane defence with the Crawling Carapace stops the explosion from even touching the ant.

SPOILERS:six soldiers remain, one of which is prone on the ground, and then there is a seventh who was teleported by Strides. He has yet to hit the ground.
Oh, and a map won't be forthcoming because all you really need to know is: Cave entrance behind you, you are in a clearing with a mountain hosting the cave behind you and a forest ahead, the number of guards has been given.
Dlover
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby YoungAndBeautiful on Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:14 am

The map was more about where the enemies stand in relation to the goblins/cheese golem/ant, but knowing that there are still 6 men in fighting condition is good enough for me.

Sir Edam will detonate the already thrown shrapnel grenade. He also commands the cheese golem to attack an injured human in reach. If there are no injured humans, do same action with an unhurt one. Else move into reach of a(n injured) human.
Additionally Sir Edam will - I hope that does count as free action - keep an eye out for the dropping guard.
ATTENTION:

YoungAndBeautiful
Keenspot Despot

Postby madmartin26 on Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:28 am

Stands throws all his grenades at the guards(i think there are four of them now) and tries to detonate them all at the same time. He also checks to see whether any of the guards are near his cake.
madmartin26
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Dusk9 on Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:32 am

Loud will meditate, passing the ring to anyone who wants it. If attacked, he'll trying to defend himself with the cheese shield.

Vote for Jack: attack an injured soldier. If none injured, attack a soldier that is going for a goblin.
Vote for HotAir: same action as Loud (meditate, use shield if attacked).

How long do Grease and Deafening Roar last?
Threads of Reality
Hears-Disembodied-Voices
Tower Game
Dusk9
Keenspot Despot

Postby YoungAndBeautiful on Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:09 am

SPOILERS:Non-ring-improved Grease is one turn only, but since they are now attacking in not so overwhelming odds anymore, I don't think it is really vital to cast it again.
ATTENTION:

YoungAndBeautiful
Keenspot Despot

Postby kurik on Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:16 am

Itchy will take thw ring, and if crawling carapace expires this turn renews it on his ant, otherwise he'll cast swarm and direct it towards the guy missing a chunk or armor, towards the hole or his face if I can. Itchy will also look to see if he can see the where the falling guy will land, and try to order his ant into place so those it's fighting get landed upon, erroring on the side of caution (so hopefuly if the dice fail me, the guy lands behind the target and not on my ant.)

Oh, and have the ant attack the prone guy in front of it before it moves.
-George Carlin

-Mark Twain

-Edward Grey
kurik
Keenspot Despot

Postby WorstCase on Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:19 pm

Cer-Dives is busy with her two still living targets. Her third head either helps taking those down or keeps any aproaching guard from attacking Sir.
Does anyone need cover to retreat for meditating or something?

WorstCase
Keenspot Despot

PreviousNext

Return to Goblins Games