The Cave Of Doom

Moderator: Thunt

Forum rules
Forum games go here.

Re: The Cave Of Doom

Postby SharesLoot on Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:32 pm

SharesLoot wrote:[...]Fourth, you have given us very little info about what this is going to be. If you only write such a ...questionable ...story, only newcomers to the forum will play, and probably be disappointed
... not much to add.

jrlans, it's not your fault, it just so happens that you mostly get into games where there isn't a race to get in, like this one. Your best bet to get into a great game ist to temp for a player who is away or MIA. If you're lucky, you will get his/her spot permanently.
Of course, you can just continue signing up for all games that start, you will eventually get into a really great one from the start.
╔═Clan Rampage══Goblin Gladiators II══Hats II══The Forsaken═══╗
╠═Hairy═════════Little Feet═════════Falls════Cockadoodle═══╣
╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
SharesLoot
Keenspot Despot

Postby Warlock on Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:25 am

SharesLoot wrote:
SharesLoot wrote:[...]Fourth, you have given us very little info about what this is going to be. If you only write such a ...questionable ...story, only newcomers to the forum will play, and probably be disappointed
... not much to add.

jrlans, it's not your fault, it just so happens that you mostly get into games where there isn't a race to get in, like this one. Your best bet to get into a great game ist to temp for a player who is away or MIA. If you're lucky, you will get his/her spot permanently.
Of course, you can just continue signing up for all games that start, you will eventually get into a really great one from the start.

Well, the good news is that I'm working on my third game now. My games typically have a much higher occupancy rating (and a much higher mortality rating) than most other games, so if you want to play, you are almost guaranteed a spot.
Warlock
Keenspot Despot

Postby ptlans on Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:02 am

Warlock wrote:
SharesLoot wrote:
... not much to add.

Well, the good news is that I'm working on my third game now. My games typically have a much higher occupancy rating (and a much higher mortality rating) than most other games, so if you want to play, you are almost guaranteed a spot.

Does that (almost) guarantee extend to the rest of the party in this dead game?
ptlans
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Warlock on Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:35 am

ptlans wrote:Does that (almost) guarantee extend to the rest of the party in this dead game?

What that means is that I allow so many players in my games, that pretty much everybody that tries gets to play.
If you haven't does so already, check out my first two games "The Pit of Despair" and "The Pit of Danger". My games are a little different than LSN's or ECR's games, although I am considering allowing some fighting in this game. It will probably be at least a couple more weeks before I'm ready, but I will give everybody plenty of warning before the sign-ups open.

SPOILERS:I'm still thinking about the title. I was originally planning on calling it "The Pit of Death", but at this point I'm very tempted to call it "The Cave Pit of Doom". :P

SPOILERS:I also had another name in mind, but it would be a departure from "The Pit of D_____" name format I had been using. I still have plenty of time to decide, and like I said, I will give plenty of heads-up before sign-ups occur.
Warlock
Keenspot Despot

Postby PSychotic on Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:44 pm

THE CAVE OF DOOM

You six brave goblins, Stares Awkwardly, Sneaks-a-Bite , Breaks Wind, Learn, Makesnewfriends, and Mops Up have arrived at THE CAVE OF DOOM intent to... do something! Heroically walking in, you find a nearby wall is slathered in what appears to be blood! Obviously you must stop whoever is doing this!

SPOILERS:alright, this is now a quick little game. i've made all of the rooms and it will be a short adventure. no special goblins and you guys came with no equipment for some reason. stats are standard fare, with 5 hp 1def and 1atk. two actions per turn. attacking ends your turn, as does moving to an unknown area. you can condition your actions, but don't make them confoundingly complex. that's it. i think. ask some questions if anything is not clear.

oh! and the art will always be this terrible. ALWAYS.
Shi' Arri, Decroi, Canton, Sicoh, Tig, Jack, and Mack.

The Dread Pirate Scarrrgh, Kobold Pirate ..... dead just like half his crew
Lisps, Goblin Defender ..... Feats: Improved Tackle 2, Tackle Stamina 2, Improved Dodging 1
That Nameless Guy, Undead Warrior ..... STR 5 DEX 3 CON 3 ..... HP ?/? ..... 4 Throwing Knives, Axe (+3), Heavy Leather Armor (5/5)
Shiny, Not So Dead Goblin ..... ATK 1 DEF 1 ..... HP 5/5
Jack-Of-All-Trades, Lucky Goblin ..... ATK 0 DEF 1 ..... HP 5/5 MP 5/5 ..... Spells: Buff/Debuff, Thief!, Acrobatic F@#king Pirouette!
Bringer-Of-New-Times, Goblin Teller ..... ATK 1 DEF 1 ..... HP 5/5 ..... Spells: Heal

Hosting a Cave of Doom
PSychotic
Keenspot Despot

Postby SharesLoot on Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:48 pm

:D I thought about doing what you are doing, for a fleeting moment :lol:

Here are your players...
1. Stares Awkwardly played by Ptlans
2. Sneaks-a-Bite played by Jrlans
3. Breaks Wind played by Warlock
4. Learns played by Kide
5. Makesnewfriends played by Kelten
6. Mops Up played by MadBoat

Have fun!
╔═Clan Rampage══Goblin Gladiators II══Hats II══The Forsaken═══╗
╠═Hairy═════════Little Feet═════════Falls════Cockadoodle═══╣
╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
SharesLoot
Keenspot Despot

Postby Warlock on Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:07 am

Breaks Wind lives up to his name before moving into the next room to the right.

Minor: Pbbbrrrttt!
Move: Move to the right.
Warlock
Keenspot Despot

Postby Kide on Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:12 am

Lears look around herself, and moves forward after Breaks Wind, trying not to breath too mutch.
"I aint no fancy damn supernachral terrer. I got guts and blood, an its too damn easy to spill em both."
-A goblin, from the Dungeon Keeper's dungeon.

Betrays A Friend
HP:1/5 * ATK:5 * DEF:4 * APP: 10

Hides in leaves
HP:10/10 * ATK:11 * DEF:20 * CHR:+8
Equipment:
Leather boots: DEF +1, CHR +1
Thief's cloak
Magical scimitar: +8 ATT
Intricate chestplate: +6 DEF +3 CHR
Holy armguards: +3 DEF +1 CHR
Holy helmet: +6 DEF +3 CHR
Abilities: Tracking, Driving skills, Animal Handling, Jousting, Singing, Dodging, Weapon profiency, Stealth, Animal friend: +0.5x travel speed, and increased power with animal related skills.
Spells: Breathe life (Can cure any plant. Or heal an ally, restores 1 HP each turn for 3 turns), Plant control: Control any vegetation around you. (defensive and offensive maneuvres), Growth: Makes plants grow around you (Once every 4 turns), Empower: Allows you to strongly empower another spell freely (once an day)
Mighty horse: El Diablo +2 Att/Def, 2x travel speed.
Kide
Keenspot Despot

Location: Land full of lakes and snow.... Also called Finland.

Postby kelten on Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:57 am

Makesnewfriends moves ahead, ready to befriend anyone in the next room. Probably by saying: I realy cant except the wrighting in blood out there! your o in of looks like a u, and the to 00 in doom look like a 8 that fell over!

SPOILERS:PS. Awesome art!
Stabsafoot
HP: 6/9 ATT:15 (1+13+1) DEF:29 (2+21+1) CHR: +14
Equipment:
Blooddrinker: +10 ATT +4 CHR, extra dmg to evil, drains life
See-all boots: +5 DEF +2 CHR a chance of noticing a trap before setting it off.
mightyoak shield, intricate greaves, +2 intricate chainmail, magic gloves, heavenly ring: allows smite evil
darkforged helmet, ring of health

In debt:
Dead, but in heaven in the game Hats

Hits to hard, training for cheff

Keltens betting station, gamble away with the goblin crowd!
kelten
Keenspot Despot

Postby ptlans on Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:44 am

Stares, stares awkwardly at Breaks wind and follows trying hard not to breath through his nose.

Minor: looks ahead at Wind
Major: Moves to room to the right
ptlans
Junior Keenspotter

Postby jrlans on Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:22 pm

Sneaks will vomit profusely from the horrid smell eminating from Breaks (he has a weak stomach), then moves on with the rest of his kin.

Minor: Puke
Major: Explore new room
Clan Rampage
Gets Revenge
HP: 4/5
ATK: 1+2 (+1 Dagger, +1 Dagger)
DEF: 1+2 (+1 Leather Cap, +1 Leather Armour)
Inv: Empty Potion, Poisonous Mixture, Mug, Assortment of Useless Crap, Improvised Shield (+1 Def), Beer
Skill(s):[Backlash] - Gain +1 attack against any creature type that has previously damaged you.
jrlans
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Arutha on Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:15 pm

beep...beep...beepbooop

not dead yet.

as you step into the cave a hach closes beaheind you. you are traped
Arutha
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby jrlans on Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:18 pm

"FOR CLAN GENERIC!" Sneaks dashes toward the first skeleton and tries to bash its skull in.
Clan Rampage
Gets Revenge
HP: 4/5
ATK: 1+2 (+1 Dagger, +1 Dagger)
DEF: 1+2 (+1 Leather Cap, +1 Leather Armour)
Inv: Empty Potion, Poisonous Mixture, Mug, Assortment of Useless Crap, Improvised Shield (+1 Def), Beer
Skill(s):[Backlash] - Gain +1 attack against any creature type that has previously damaged you.
jrlans
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby MadBoat on Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:26 pm

Crappy Art Mops Up attemps to erase the "M" out of "Doom".

Regular art Mops Up does a judo throw on the first skelle
Last Ditch Dungeon: Teller Hideous Mole SWEET GLORIOUS VICTORY!
Escape from Brassmoon: Sarus, Foe of the Floating Maw ESCAPED! WOOT!
Crappy Art Cave of Doom: Mops Up : DIED AT THE HEIGHT OF MY GLORY! HOW NOBLE!

Loot!:Herr Henry von HeffleHocken, Hobgoblin Hero
WND: 4
ATK 9: 1 (Hero) + 2 (mighty pen) + 6 (pipe of Badassery)
DEF 2: 0 (Hero) + 1 (Leprechaun Lamp) + 1 (Accounts Ledger)
FAB 14: 0 (Hero) + 4(Leprechaun Lamp) + 2 (mighty pen) + 6 (Accounts Ledger) + 2 (pipe of badassery)
Gear: s1: Leprechaun Lamp(Creates Rainbows! Creates light! 30% chance for Moar Lewt!)
s2: Pipe of Badassery (Makes you a badass! Also makes you talk like Helen Keller!)
s3 Accounts Ledger (Giant friggin' blank book! Very pretty! Contains Blank Paper Pages of Potential!"
s5: Mighty Pen( 5% chance to break swords! +1 Def against swords! Creates caligraphic characters on command!"
MadBoat
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby PSychotic on Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:17 pm

THE 'CRAPPY ART' CAVE OF DOOM

Our brave group of goblins horribly vandalizes and destroys the entrance to THE CAVE OF DOOM, and then valiantly move on without a second thought of cleaning it all up.

The party arrives in a new room, with MakesNewFriends shouting at the nearby armed skelly "I really can't accept the writing in blood out there! Your o in 'of' looks like a u, and the two 00 in doom look like a 8 that fell over!"

The skelly annoyedly looks at Friends (or at least you think it does, it is extremely to tell since the thing has no eyes) and starts to lift its sword!

SPOILERS:i know my art is awesome kelten. but thanks anyway. and also ptlans, is your avatar a goblin i made? because it looks like one.

Lisps, Goblin Defender ..... Feats: Improved Tackle 2, Tackle Stamina 2, Improved Dodging 1
That Nameless Guy, Undead Warrior ..... STR 5 DEX 3 CON 3 ..... HP ?/? ..... 4 Throwing Knives, Axe (+3), Heavy Leather Armor (5/5)
Jack-Of-All-Trades, Lucky Goblin ..... ATK 0 DEF 1 ..... HP 5/5 MP 5/5 ..... Spells: Buff/Debuff, Thief!, Acrobatic F@#king Pirouette!
Bringer-Of-New-Times, Goblin Teller ..... ATK 1 DEF 1 ..... HP 5/5 ..... Spells: Heal

Hosting a Cave of Doom
PSychotic
Keenspot Despot

Postby kelten on Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:24 am

Makes new friend grabs the sword, probably by braking the bony hand! Ohh, wow! Thank you for the sword! Your my BEST friend!
He then moves to the next room!

The other Makes new friend moves down and plunders the chest!
Stabsafoot
HP: 6/9 ATT:15 (1+13+1) DEF:29 (2+21+1) CHR: +14
Equipment:
Blooddrinker: +10 ATT +4 CHR, extra dmg to evil, drains life
See-all boots: +5 DEF +2 CHR a chance of noticing a trap before setting it off.
mightyoak shield, intricate greaves, +2 intricate chainmail, magic gloves, heavenly ring: allows smite evil
darkforged helmet, ring of health

In debt:
Dead, but in heaven in the game Hats

Hits to hard, training for cheff

Keltens betting station, gamble away with the goblin crowd!
kelten
Keenspot Despot

Postby Warlock on Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:12 am

@Psychotic: Breaks Wind attempts to break the skeleton's face with his fist.

@Arutha: Breaks Wind attempts to break the skeleton's face with his fist.

SPOILERS:This is going to get confusing real quick.
Warlock
Keenspot Despot

Postby Kide on Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:18 pm

Yeah Warlock it sure will....

PSychotic: Lears will attack the skeleton, as it appears non friendly.

Arutha: Lears will Helps Breaks wind in attacking the first skeleton that she sees.
"I aint no fancy damn supernachral terrer. I got guts and blood, an its too damn easy to spill em both."

Betrays A Friend

Hides in leaves
Equipment:
Thief's cloak
Abilities: Tracking, Driving skills, Animal Handling, Jousting, Singing, Dodging, Weapon profiency, Stealth, Animal friend: +0.5x travel speed, and increased power with animal related skills.
Spells: Breathe life (Can cure any plant. Or heal an ally, restores 1 HP each turn for 3 turns), Plant control: Control any vegetation around you. (defensive and offensive maneuvres), Growth: Makes plants grow around you (Once every 4 turns), Empower: Allows you to strongly empower another spell freely (once an day)
Kide
Keenspot Despot

Postby Arutha on Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:15 pm

bone man gose down, no remains.

Makes finds Staff of Healing (heals 2 hp at range. ???????)
Arutha
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby ptlans on Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:41 pm

@Psychotic

Stares Dives for Skeleton's knees in an attempt to tackle it.

@Arutha

Stares Dives for Skeleton's knees in an attempt to tackle it.
ptlans
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Warlock on Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:26 pm

@Arutha: Breaks Wind attempts to break the second skeleton's face with his fist.

SPOILERS:I find it interesting that we have two games going. One has crappy art, but good text. The other has better art but terrible text.
Warlock
Keenspot Despot

Postby Arutha on Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:22 pm

less than half of you posted so skip day. then again most weakends are skip days (and some frydays)

yes I am lazy :D
Arutha
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby MadBoat on Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:51 am

Yes, sorry, Escape has trained me only to post on weekdays. I will try and be better about it in future.

Crappy Art Mops Up gives the skellie a big hug! Which is not a crushing wrestling move at all!

Regular art Mops Up moves on to the second skellie, doing a drillstomp on it from the top of his goblinstack.
Last Ditch Dungeon: Teller Hideous Mole SWEET GLORIOUS VICTORY!
Escape from Brassmoon: Sarus, Foe of the Floating Maw ESCAPED! WOOT!
Crappy Art Cave of Doom: Mops Up : DIED AT THE HEIGHT OF MY GLORY! HOW NOBLE!

Loot!:Herr Henry von HeffleHocken, Hobgoblin Hero
WND: 4
ATK 9: 1 (Hero) + 2 (mighty pen) + 6 (pipe of Badassery)
DEF 2: 0 (Hero) + 1 (Leprechaun Lamp) + 1 (Accounts Ledger)
FAB 14: 0 (Hero) + 4(Leprechaun Lamp) + 2 (mighty pen) + 6 (Accounts Ledger) + 2 (pipe of badassery)
Gear: s1: Leprechaun Lamp(Creates Rainbows! Creates light! 30% chance for Moar Lewt!)
s2: Pipe of Badassery (Makes you a badass! Also makes you talk like Helen Keller!)
s3 Accounts Ledger (Giant friggin' blank book! Very pretty! Contains Blank Paper Pages of Potential!"
s5: Mighty Pen( 5% chance to break swords! +1 Def against swords! Creates caligraphic characters on command!"
MadBoat
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby PSychotic on Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:40 pm

THE 'CRAPPY ART' CAVE OF DOOM

Most everyone attacks the skeleton! Friends is tries to disarm it and fails! He then takes a sword to the face and, like a boss, only takes 2 damage! MakesNewFriends is now at 3/5 HP. Breaks Wind spontaneously grows a hand and punches the skeleton's face. But it blocks with it's shield! Stares dives for the skeleton's knees, but finds out that it's only a floating head, and eats the dirt!

Meanwhile, Lears and Mops Up combine their powers for a flying hug! Sadly Mops Up forgot to grow some arms, so he just lands on the skellie for massive damage!

Stares continues to recover from Breaks Wind's fart.

SPOILERS:how dare you insult my text, warlock! it is the best around! nothing's ever gonna keep it down!

also, if you guys don't start posting faster this skellie will kill you.

Hosting a Cave of Doom
PSychotic
Keenspot Despot

Postby Kide on Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:52 pm

PSychotic: Lears feels a bit angry and lashes at the skeleton who is hurting her friends.

Arutha: Learns attacks the second skeleton as it is still up and standing.

Betrays A Friend

Hides in leaves
Equipment:
Thief's cloak
Kide
Keenspot Despot

PreviousNext

Return to Goblins Games