Destiny of the Stonetear Clan (MOVED TO NEW FORUM)

Moderator: Thunt

Forum rules
Forum games go here.

Re: Destiny of the Stonetear Clan (Forum Game)

Postby knucklekraken on Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:55 am

Fond will look in the open barrel and potentially pull something out of it. If there's nothing there, he'll grab the shuriken out of the table.

Member of the Irregulators. Reticulating splines since 2011.

Here are stats for a player race I created, compatible with 3.5 D&D. Please steal.

SPOILERS:Tasty People
+2 Charisma: Tasty People have strong natural pheromones.
-2 Wisdom: Tasty People have a racial predisposition for making bad decisions.
When faced with an encounter involving a predatory creature, a Tasty Person must make a Charisma Check. If the DC (15) is met, the creature will attack the Tasty Person to the exclusion of other targets who are not also Tasty People who have met this DC. The DC should be modified for monsters with a strong sense of smell, I leave this to your discretion as a DM. The monster is not forced to attack the Tasty Person if doing so would cause it to take an attack of opportunity.
A Tasty Person's starting class should be treated as his favored class.

Tasty People speak Common.
knucklekraken
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby vid20 on Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:07 am

EvilCoatrack wrote:
SPOILERS:If either Tends or Wields wants to switch hairstyles, lemme know - I just mixed it up a bit for more diversity.

SPOILERS:Exactly the hair style I wanted. I always loved how Luck looked. Krit totally had a sprite crush on her.

SPOILERS:ok guys, points of interest, there is a shuriken on the table. There is a bat above us. I count three bones all up on the ground, two right in front of us and one on the ground on the floor below us. Also, that corpse on the chair has leather armor. Finally, there is a candle of sorts on the table. If we are going in, we should target fire the axe wielder first, but if that bat agro's it could be worth killing first, just to silence its extra damage.

Finally, those two skeletons aren't both goblin.. they have different facial structure.

Image"This looks promising.. Guys, if no one is left around here you realize we are all that's left of the clan.." Mutters Wields to no one in particular, before grabbing a second bone of the ground.
Image"But if we're all that's left, then I promise you we're going to take revenge for what's happened to our kin." She then snarl's before jumping down the ledge and landing on the axe wielding skeleton and bringing both bones crushing into its skull.

Image"For the Stonetear!"

Minor action
twice the boning power - unless I can't off wield a bone, in which case pick up the skull.

Major action
Bone the axe-iton. Bone him twice. Unless the bat gets in the way, in which case give the bat what for.

SPOILERS:I may reconsider attacking if I don't get enough support
Last edited by vid20 on Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The Ratings War: Be Careful What You Wish For. A forum game that's a bit different.

Destiny of the Stonetear Clan
Wields-two-shields - Goblin maiden
HP 5/5
ATT: 3 (1 + 2 short blade)
DEF: 5 (2 + Frostward: +2 DEF Melee attacks made against the wearer have a 25% chance to freeze the attacker, making it inactive for the next turn. + 1 light wooden shield)
Back pack
skull - just be glade it's not you
Skeleton key
Leather Armor +1
Jar of Blue Energy

Escape from Brassmoon
Kritanta - kobold rogue. -died turn 135 RIP
vid20
Keenspot Despot

Postby vid20 on Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:08 am

knucklekraken wrote:Fond will look in the open barrel and potentially pull something out of it. If there's nothing there, he'll grab the shuriken out of the table.

SPOILERS:I think we'll have to fight the skelies first.
The Ratings War: Be Careful What You Wish For. A forum game that's a bit different.

HP 5/5
DEF: 5 (2 + Frostward: +2 DEF Melee attacks made against the wearer have a 25% chance to freeze the attacker, making it inactive for the next turn. + 1 light wooden shield)
Back pack
Skeleton key
Leather Armor +1
Jar of Blue Energy

Escape from Brassmoon
vid20
Keenspot Despot

Postby m0rtimer on Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:09 am

SPOILERS:Male and female goblin skeletons? :shifty:
ME JAM STICK IN STONE. ME CREATE LEVER.

goblin heroes - Completed
threads of reality - in progress
m0rtimer
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby vid20 on Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:17 am

m0rtimer wrote:
SPOILERS:Male and female goblin skeletons? :shifty:

SPOILERS:Oh.. possibly.. I was thinking maybe the skeleton of what ever it was that attacked here. But could be a chick.

HP 5/5
Back pack
Skeleton key
Leather Armor +1
Jar of Blue Energy

Escape from Brassmoon
vid20
Keenspot Despot

Postby arles on Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:04 pm

Stonetear Clan Emoticons!

Males:

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Females:

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Have fun :D
///I'm a Graphic Designer and I like forum games///
///DeviantART///

Image Image
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ImageDungeon Keeper - Chief | The Awesomesword Wanes | Map
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ImageCrimson Fire | Destiny of the Stonetear Clan | Map
HP: 5/5 | ATK: 4 (+3 Longsword) | DEF: 4 (+1 Leather Armor, +1 Ironclad stompers) | Inventory: Leather Bag. Skull. Goblin Journal.
arles
Keenspot Despot

Postby vid20 on Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:26 pm

arles wrote:Stonetear Clan Emoticons! - SNIP

Image - THANKS!

HP 5/5
Back pack
Skeleton key
Leather Armor +1
Jar of Blue Energy

Escape from Brassmoon
vid20
Keenspot Despot

Postby thatguy on Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:31 pm

Thatgoblin will move to the right and grab the bat if it awakens and attacks he will kill it if not he will carry it down the ladder to the right.
thatguy
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Trench on Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:35 pm

Acts grimaces at the sign. He moves on down the left ladder after the others. If he sees the attack happening, he'll pick up the skull in that pyle and toss it at the likely undead thing.
ImageActs Hard Boiled: HP: 5/5
ATK: 5 (The Stone Tearer: Greataxe, +4 ATK. Parry 2. Doubles duration of any beneficial magic effects)
DEF: 3 (+1 Goblin, +1 Studded Leather Armor); 5 versus ranged (Armor + Helm)
Pack: Brittle Bone
Abilities: Cross-Chop (Minor Action, 5-turn cooldown. Can strike up to two additional targets in melee range for Attack score minus 2. Must be holding an axe with his main hand to execute this attack.)
Trench
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby knucklekraken on Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:49 pm

vid20 wrote:
knucklekraken wrote:Fond will look in the open barrel and potentially pull something out of it. If there's nothing there, he'll grab the shuriken out of the table.

SPOILERS:I think we'll have to fight the skelies first.

Oh. Derp.

Image Those skeletons are moving?

Image We'll see about that.

Fond will jump down onto the table, loot the shuriken and throw it directly into the face of the nearest skeleton.

Here are stats for a player race I created, compatible with 3.5 D&D. Please steal.

When faced with an encounter involving a predatory creature, a Tasty Person must make a Charisma Check. If the DC (15) is met, the creature will attack the Tasty Person to the exclusion of other targets who are not also Tasty People who have met this DC. The DC should be modified for monsters with a strong sense of smell, I leave this to your discretion as a DM. The monster is not forced to attack the Tasty Person if doing so would cause it to take an attack of opportunity.

knucklekraken
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby LooksAndSmiles on Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:53 pm

I commend you on your willingness, but I'm not dead yet! Image

Fond

ImageWhatever did that to our clanmates, I don't want to meet it without better gear. *gulp*

If those skeletons are animated and unfriendly, Fond grabs the shuriken and with a backward spin crushes the skull of the nearest enemy. If they turn out to be simple decorations, he mourns a small eulogy (?) and does as his alternate mind (ie. knuckle) has planned.

--- OFF Topic---

Background story:
Fond has a strange speech impediment. Rather said, he is certain that words like "Amulet", "Outlet", "Piglet" are badly written and pronounced, they are actually females and have souls. Out of pure respect he pronounces all these words with an "ette" at the end, which he considers very female-ish. He is often teased by his clanmates, because let's face it, items with souls is just pure silly. Currently, he wears his "Amulette of the Tentacles and Fists" which overtakes his mind once in a while.

--- OFF Topic 2 ---

Dammit, I've been ninjaed by knuckle in correcting the action. He made the same act, though.
Great minds think alike?
LooksAndSmiles
Keenspot Despot

Postby knucklekraken on Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:03 pm

Sorry, dude, ECR said -immediate- and I was too eager to get details. When exactly do I take over?

knucklekraken
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby YoungAndBeautiful on Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:21 pm

Yay, emoticons! Thanks, Arles.
I like my hair style the way it is, too. Thank you very much for asking. And the dagger between her teeth while climbing down the ladder looks cool, too. (Dont try this at home, kids.) :)

I think we should take out the bat first, but it seems to be out of reach for now.
If we are going to fight the Skeletons, it would be best if all the goblins could join us for the fight. There is something lying at the shelf, too. Could be clothing. If this isnt usable as armor, we might still use it to make fuel for our own torches. (Roll cloth around some bones and light them, just like in Indiana Jones and the last crusade! ^^)

Image Ok, lets get this unholy thing down!
Tends joins in on the attack of the axe-wielding Skeleton.

Edit: I dont know if that is possible, but one of you other unarmed goblins could give the Skeleton the chair (as in pick it up and use it as improvised weapon)!
Last edited by YoungAndBeautiful on Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ATTENTION:
(Goblins and) Goblins Games is moving to a new Forum!

My nickname there will be GathersIngredients, btw.
YoungAndBeautiful
Keenspot Despot

Postby arles on Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:26 pm

You're welcome ^^

Also DUNGEON MAP (the url won't change and I'll update it with new information every time that I can)
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18458589/Stonet ... an/Map.jpg
///DeviantART///

Image Image
HP: 5/5 | ATK: 4 (+3 Longsword) | DEF: 4 (+1 Leather Armor, +1 Ironclad stompers) | Inventory: Leather Bag. Skull. Goblin Journal.
arles
Keenspot Despot

Postby knucklekraken on Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:08 pm

I'm not really clear on whether these gobs have Darkvision, but most gobs wouldn't need torches.

knucklekraken
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby EvilCoatrack on Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:51 pm

knucklekraken wrote:I'm not really clear on whether these gobs have Darkvision, but most gobs wouldn't need torches.

Yeah, if you guys can see it, your goblins can see it.

Dark holes appear somethings that you can't see through, but that's just my way of doing area transitions sometimes.
So I run some forum games:
Read Into Brassmoon City, a 52-turn completed prologue to EFB done entirely within 2 days.
Check out the Escape from Brassmoon, Complete at 171 turns!
Discover the Destiny of the Stonetear Clan, currently in progress.
EvilCoatrack
Keenspot Despot

Postby YoungAndBeautiful on Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:09 pm

I'm not really clear on whether these gobs have Darkvision, but most gobs wouldn't need torches.

Not for seeing purposes, but for fire damage and or/or to scare Grues, bats or whatever. :P
ATTENTION:

YoungAndBeautiful
Keenspot Despot

Postby LicentiousDey on Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:05 pm

arles wrote:Stonetear Clan Emoticons!

SPOILERS:Any game with Arles is instantly awesome.
“Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Cthulhu R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn.”

CunningStrategist, Lv6 Trainee Strategist

Feats: Cheer Range 3, Cheer Effect 3

Morze Thok
Hp:1/5
At:6 (+4 MAGIC Two-Handed Sword | 50% +2)
Df:4 (+3 Helm, +1 Jeans Outfit)
Inventory:
LicentiousDey
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby EvilCoatrack on Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:27 pm

Turn 2

Surprise Saturday Update!

Crimson grabs up a [Leather Bag: It’s leather. And it’s a bag.] and a [Brittle Bone: +1 ATK. Destroyed on first use.].

Thatgoblin decides that he wants a pet, so he walks right over and picks up a sleeping bat, which quickly becomes a [Pissed Off Bat!: +2 ATK. Two-handed. Don’t let go! 25% chance to break free and attack!]! It's definitely awake, but Thatgoblin's too startled to attack it this turn!

Turns out that a Pissed Off Bat is not a very quiet weapon. It awakens the other bat, who looks just slightly less pissed off than its friend.

Crack-a-skull time!

Wields scoops up a [Skull: Just be glad it didn’t belong to you.] before she, Acts, and Tends break the axe-wielding skeleton to pieces! Wields loses her weapon in the process.

Before it dies, the skeleton manages to slash Tends, dealing 1 damage and reducing her to 4/5 HP!

The skeleton is slain! Amidst a clatter of bones, it also drops an axe. Everyone in the room has first pick privileges.

Fond leaps down and scoops up the [Shuriken: Deals 3 damage at range. Always recoverable if the target dies. before chucking it directly in the remaining skeleton's skull! Second skele's still alive, though.

Looks like all the commotion has stirred up the bat up top.

NEXT UPDATE ->

SPOILERS:Be sure to check up on the rules if you're new to my particular brand of game. Also, please be clear on exactly what you want your characters to do / what specifically you want them to attack. Also keep in mind that you can only take up to two actions per turn (minor-minor; minor-major; move-minor; move-major; double move [if through an already-discovered room]). Picking up an item is a minor action. Looting a container is a major action (includes opening and grabbing any items inside). Attacks are always major actions (unless an item/ability overrides this rule). I'll be lenient at first with vague or rule-violative action posts, to account for a learning curve, but the burden of playing smart will fall on you guys pretty quickly.

Also, keep in mind my new rule about only 3 spare gear pieces in your bag. This includes spare ranged weapons and even "disposable" weapons. We obviously haven't hit this yet, but it's a new rule that you all should be aware of.
Last edited by EvilCoatrack on Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Read Into Brassmoon City, a 52-turn completed prologue to EFB done entirely within 2 days.
EvilCoatrack
Keenspot Despot

Postby YoungAndBeautiful on Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:06 pm

Image Not the face, you lousy pile of bones!

Suggestions for the next move:
Tends attacks the other (still moving) skeleton with her dagger. Wields Any unarmed goblin first picks up the axe (minor) and then attack the skeleton, too (major). After that (if that is possible), Acts any other unarmed goblin with both actions left recovers the shuriken (minor) and then attack the bat with it.(major)
SPOILERS:EDIT: I dont want to tell anyone what to do or distribute the loot according to MY idea. I somehow made the mistake of thinking there were only 3 goblins in this room (must have overlooked you, Fond, very sorry about that), and I assumed the shuriken should stay in the inventory of the goblin that first threw it (mixed up the names, too), so I figured itwould only be fair for the axe to go to the last unarmed goblin in this room. Again, my mistake.

SPOILERS:On the rules: Am I right in assuming that I could not move after attacking, even if the attacked creature is slain? Also, does the leatherbag Crimson picked up, provide additional slots?

Actions of Image for this turn: 1) pick up a bone. 2.)attack remaining skeleton with dagger.(NOT with the bone, as I think this would be a waste!)
Last edited by YoungAndBeautiful on Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
ATTENTION:

YoungAndBeautiful
Keenspot Despot

Postby vid20 on Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:13 am

SPOILERS:I... I can't believe picking up that bat worked...

Also, I'm happy to forgo the ax to Acts if he would prefer it.

I'll edit my action into this post later. But it will probably be something to the effect of pick up the chair and use it on the skeleton while telling him to take a seat. Boh yea.

--- Edit --

Wields

Image"You may have been our kin once, but now in death you serve a new master. And I promise you brethren, I will take revenge for this." Says Wields as she looks at the pile of bones that use to be a female goblin - she thinks - then she turns to face the new goblin.
Image"How about you take a seat." She yells as she picks up the seat and smashes it against the skeleton. Unless of course the chair is to big for her girly strength, in which case she'll fall back on the tried and true bone-to-face attack. Picking up the bone behind her and smashing that against the skeleton.

Minor action
Loot a chair if I can wiled it and use it as a weapon, if not loot a bone instead

Major action
Have at the new skeleton. Have at him good.
Last edited by vid20 on Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:15 am, edited 5 times in total.

HP 5/5
Back pack
Skeleton key
Leather Armor +1
Jar of Blue Energy

Escape from Brassmoon
vid20
Keenspot Despot

Postby LooksAndSmiles on Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:22 am

I think ECR is losing it. I mean, [Pissed Off Bat!: +2 ATK. Two-handed. Don’t let go! 25% chance to break free and attack!], seriously? :D (or rather: Image) I can't stop grinning. :D

Also, since vid wanted the chair I have to think up another possible weapon... THE TABLE!

Fond

ImageHave at Thee, foul beast! - he says, completely oblivious to the fact that it could have been one of his own kind.

minor action: equip the table as a weapon. If it's impossible, then try to break off a leg. If it's not a minor action, then leave it be.
major action: Attack the skeleton. (With or without a weapon)
LooksAndSmiles
Keenspot Despot

Postby EvilCoatrack on Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:33 am

YoungAndBeautiful wrote:
SPOILERS:On the rules: Am I right in assuming that I could not move after attacking, even if the attacked creature is slain? Also, does the leatherbag Crimson picked up, provide additional slots?

Yes, attacking always ends your turn. You'll want to make sure that you take any other actions (like picking up a bone :P) before you attack.

General rule on major/minor actions: If you're just looking at or grabbing something, it's a minor action. If you are changing the environment in any other way, it's a major action.
EvilCoatrack
Keenspot Despot

Postby thatguy on Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:26 am

thatgoblin will clime down the ladder to the right.
thatguy
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby arles on Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:55 am

Crimson Fire

Image "Arghhhhhh, I HATE BATS!"

Image "GET IT OFF MEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeee!!"

Crimson will do a dodging roll to the right, grabbing the skull in the process, and then running away down the right ladder and screaming like a little girl to avoid the angry and scary bat.
///DeviantART///

Image Image
arles
Keenspot Despot

PreviousNext

Return to Goblins Games