Destiny of the Stonetear Clan (MOVED TO NEW FORUM)

Moderator: Thunt

Forum rules
Forum games go here.

Re: Destiny of the Stonetear Clan (Forum Game)

Postby EvilCoatrack on Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:04 pm

Sorry guys, got back late and there's no way I can successfully rush today's update. Skip day is necessary.

I'll lock actions tomorrow at 5:00 PM EST (GMT -5). Update should be up shortly after that.

I'll give a shot at a weekend update if I can, but no promises. Sorry all, only so much I can commit.
So I run some forum games:
Read Into Brassmoon City, a 52-turn completed prologue to EFB done entirely within 2 days.
Check out the Escape from Brassmoon, Complete at 171 turns!
Discover the Destiny of the Stonetear Clan, currently in progress.
EvilCoatrack
Keenspot Despot

Postby YoungAndBeautiful on Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:48 am

Don't worry. We aren't going anywhere. ;)
ATTENTION:
(Goblins and) Goblins Games is moving to a new Forum!

My nickname there will be GathersIngredients, btw.
YoungAndBeautiful
Keenspot Despot

Postby LooksAndSmiles on Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:25 am

If there is a chance of an extra update, I appoint knuckle to act, since I won't be online during the weekend. (Which means I probably won't see even tonight's update either.)
LooksAndSmiles
Keenspot Despot

Postby knucklekraken on Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:05 pm

On it.

Member of the Irregulators. Reticulating splines since 2011.

Here are stats for a player race I created, compatible with 3.5 D&D. Please steal.

SPOILERS:Tasty People
+2 Charisma: Tasty People have strong natural pheromones.
-2 Wisdom: Tasty People have a racial predisposition for making bad decisions.
When faced with an encounter involving a predatory creature, a Tasty Person must make a Charisma Check. If the DC (15) is met, the creature will attack the Tasty Person to the exclusion of other targets who are not also Tasty People who have met this DC. The DC should be modified for monsters with a strong sense of smell, I leave this to your discretion as a DM. The monster is not forced to attack the Tasty Person if doing so would cause it to take an attack of opportunity.
A Tasty Person's starting class should be treated as his favored class.

Tasty People speak Common.
knucklekraken
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby EvilCoatrack on Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:52 pm

Update will be up tonight, working on it now. Trying a new thing, so it might take a couple hours.
Read Into Brassmoon City, a 52-turn completed prologue to EFB done entirely within 2 days.
EvilCoatrack
Keenspot Despot

Postby EvilCoatrack on Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:02 pm

Turn 90
(And it's a big one!)

Tends picks up the [Bone-Torch] and moves to the left, away from whatever crazy shit Crimson and Acts are thinking about trying in the next room.

Crimson and Acts activate both levers at the same time, sending lightning from both nodes flashing together and sparking down to the strange statue below!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The statue comes alive with a roar, deafening everyone in the room and stunning both Crimson and Acts! Neither can take any actions next turn!

The rest of the clan dives down below. Saves and Wields combine efforts to insert the key into the lever's block and then to pull the lever. The key slides in, clicks, and locks in place. Once flipped up, the lever makes a loud popping noise and likewise goes immobile!

The door below slams open!

Fond decides he's the best candidate to move over and see what's over there.

...He may be rethinking that idea right now.

EDIT: Panel 2 of today's update is an animated GIF file for those of you viewing this on your mobile phones. It may not show up correctly in some browsers.

SPOILERS:A weekend update is pretty unlikely. I'll think about it on Sunday if everyone's posted (including knuckle acting for Fond).
Last edited by EvilCoatrack on Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EvilCoatrack
Keenspot Despot

Postby arles on Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:13 pm

///I'm a Graphic Designer and I like forum games///
///DeviantART///

Image Image
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ImageDungeon Keeper - Chief | The Awesomesword Wanes | Map
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ImageCrimson Fire | Destiny of the Stonetear Clan | Map
HP: 5/5 | ATK: 4 (+3 Longsword) | DEF: 4 (+1 Leather Armor, +1 Ironclad stompers) | Inventory: Leather Bag. Skull. Goblin Journal.
arles
Keenspot Despot

Postby LicentiousDey on Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:05 pm

SPOILERS:I believe yall are SCREWED. Good luck hehe
“Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Cthulhu R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn.”

CunningStrategist, Lv6 Trainee Strategist

Feats: Cheer Range 3, Cheer Effect 3

Morze Thok
Hp:1/5
At:6 (+4 MAGIC Two-Handed Sword | 50% +2)
Df:4 (+3 Helm, +1 Jeans Outfit)
Inventory:
LicentiousDey
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby madmartin26 on Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:59 pm

"...Wow, this is really bad. Still, we should go with the original plan anyway."

Thinks swims up as fast as he can, and pulls the lever that raises the trident again, hoping a teammate will pull the chain after the monster is in place.
Studies Everything He Can Get His Hands On, Threads of Reality
Lives in the Forest, Capture the Flag
Thinks Too Much, Destiny Of The Stonetear Clan
Climbs Trees, The Awesomesword Wanes
madmartin26
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby knucklekraken on Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:08 pm

Fond will struggle with himself for a crucial moment before he realizes that even his most badass of fedoraphiliac personalities wants to run the hells away from this thing. He swims back to the breathing-chamber and takes a breath that might or might mot be followed by a manly squeak.

Oh, and he pulls the plan-appropriate whatsit at such a time as it might impale the baddie.
Last edited by knucklekraken on Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Member of the Irregulators. Reticulating splines since 2011.

Here are stats for a player race I created, compatible with 3.5 D&D. Please steal.

SPOILERS:Tasty People
+2 Charisma: Tasty People have strong natural pheromones.
-2 Wisdom: Tasty People have a racial predisposition for making bad decisions.
When faced with an encounter involving a predatory creature, a Tasty Person must make a Charisma Check. If the DC (15) is met, the creature will attack the Tasty Person to the exclusion of other targets who are not also Tasty People who have met this DC. The DC should be modified for monsters with a strong sense of smell, I leave this to your discretion as a DM. The monster is not forced to attack the Tasty Person if doing so would cause it to take an attack of opportunity.
A Tasty Person's starting class should be treated as his favored class.

Tasty People speak Common.
knucklekraken
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby vid20 on Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:14 pm

SPOILERS:unlock two mini bosses at the same time.. genius. but seriously, who didn't see this happening?

Wields

Wields looks on at the monster of bone, terror, and death. Smiling to herself. This looks like it could be interesting.

Wields swims back towards the two rocks in the center of the room, trying to taunt the skeleton towards her. Unless it goes to attack some one else, in which case she'll swim forward and block against it. engaging it in battle to defend her kin

Minor action
Block on skeleton

Move action
Swim down towards the rocks on the floor unless the skeleton attacks some one, in which case counter attack!

SPOILERS:So, I'm thinking drive the trident through its head if we can lure it over to the spot where the trident falls.
Last edited by vid20 on Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Ratings War: Be Careful What You Wish For. A forum game that's a bit different.

Destiny of the Stonetear Clan
Wields-two-shields - Goblin maiden
HP 5/5
ATT: 3 (1 + 2 short blade)
DEF: 5 (2 + Frostward: +2 DEF Melee attacks made against the wearer have a 25% chance to freeze the attacker, making it inactive for the next turn. + 1 light wooden shield)
Back pack
skull - just be glade it's not you
Skeleton key
Leather Armor +1
Jar of Blue Energy

Escape from Brassmoon
Kritanta - kobold rogue. -died turn 135 RIP
vid20
Keenspot Despot

Postby Trench on Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:35 am

"Oh.... Shit..."
ImageActs Hard Boiled: HP: 5/5
ATK: 5 (The Stone Tearer: Greataxe, +4 ATK. Parry 2. Doubles duration of any beneficial magic effects)
DEF: 3 (+1 Goblin, +1 Studded Leather Armor); 5 versus ranged (Armor + Helm)
Pack: Brittle Bone
Abilities: Cross-Chop (Minor Action, 5-turn cooldown. Can strike up to two additional targets in melee range for Attack score minus 2. Must be holding an axe with his main hand to execute this attack.)
Trench
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby YoungAndBeautiful on Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:36 am

vid20 wrote:
SPOILERS:unlock two mini bosses at the same time.. genius. but seriously, who didn't see this happening?

SPOILERS:Then WHY did you (all of you who were involved!) do it, anyway? A secret death wish? If you don't want to play the game anymore, just give your spot to someone else. SERIOUSLY, that was dumb, DUMB, DUMB! :evil:

ImageTends, seriously pissed that BOTH shitloads have hit the fan, and, by the looks of it, HARD, at that, considers to let the guys to the right just face the music, they have caused, themselves. It would serve them right, for not listening to her advice. But then again, she can't just go down and drop the torch onto that oily slope, when her clanmembers are in danger. So, fuming like a furnace full of wet wood, her glowering eyes giving off sparks of lightning, she rushes to the right, snatches the immoblie Acts and drags him back to the room she started in, daring the statue to try and mess with her now, enraged as she is, confident, that one stare of her would immobilize the statue, if not cause it to crumble with shame.
SPOILERS:What is it with my chars getting all scary, when enraged? :lol:

Move: right
Free: snatch Acts
Move: back left with Acts in tow, hoping to lure the statue away from Crimson, or that Crimson is out of reach, in the first place
If dragging back Acts can't be done, instead Major: trying to draw the statue's attention, attacking if necessary
ATTENTION:

YoungAndBeautiful
Keenspot Despot

Postby arles on Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:55 am

YoungAndBeautiful wrote:
SPOILERS:Then WHY did you (all of you who were involved!) do it, anyway? A secret glory and fame wish? If you want to play the game so hard, just do reckless and heroic things!. SERIOUSLY, that was fun, FUN, FUN! :lol:

There, fixed it for you :D
///DeviantART///

Image Image
HP: 5/5 | ATK: 4 (+3 Longsword) | DEF: 4 (+1 Leather Armor, +1 Ironclad stompers) | Inventory: Leather Bag. Skull. Goblin Journal.
arles
Keenspot Despot

Postby arles on Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:02 am

Crimson Fire

Image "Get... away... from here... Acts... HHHHHNNNNNNGGGGGGHHHH"

MAP UPDATED!
///DeviantART///

Image Image
arles
Keenspot Despot

Postby Trench on Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:35 am

The real question is where are the skeleton's legs? WHEEEERRRRREEEEE?!?!
ATK: 5 (The Stone Tearer: Greataxe, +4 ATK. Parry 2. Doubles duration of any beneficial magic effects)
Abilities: Cross-Chop (Minor Action, 5-turn cooldown. Can strike up to two additional targets in melee range for Attack score minus 2. Must be holding an axe with his main hand to execute this attack.)
Trench
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby m0rtimer on Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:45 am

Trench wrote:The real question is where are the skeleton's legs? WHEEEERRRRREEEEE?!?!

SPOILERS:Those are another mini-boss.
ME JAM STICK IN STONE. ME CREATE LEVER.

goblin heroes - Completed
threads of reality - in progress
m0rtimer
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby ThinkingOfNames on Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:26 pm

*Saves swim to the left side of the room and try to also "tempt" the giant skeleton torso to stand under where the trident will fall, then, if it does get hit by the trident, Saves will strike at it with both her axes. If the Skeleton isn't pinned to the ground and pursue her, saves will swim to the left room, hoping the lasers will be of some help. If the Skeleton is defeated Saves will climb up the trident's cord as high as she can get in one round. Her ISP transmitted thoughts are full of swear at stun lockers and their filthy ways.*

Welp, shit for the stun. Acts should still be plenty sturdy enough to survive that one round... Here's go to oping skelly doesn't have more than 6 atk if he swings at me...

And that's all 7 of us, hopefully ECR didn't give up on that maybe an update tonight 'cause i couldn't post 'till now...
ThinkingOfNames
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby LooksAndSmiles on Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:43 am

Holy crap and the maggot within!

Fond-of-something does as it's been written.
LooksAndSmiles
Keenspot Despot

Postby EvilCoatrack on Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:07 pm

NOTICE: Game Moved!

For those of you who have bookmarked these forums, you may be unaware that Goblins now has its own forum. You can find the continuation of Destiny of the Stonetear Clan HERE.
EvilCoatrack
Keenspot Despot

Re: Destiny of the Stonetear Clan (MOVED TO NEW FORUM)

Postby YoungAndBeautiful on Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:25 pm

Yikes. Nice job ECR, already having moved. Do we need to repost our actions for the next turn there?
ATTENTION:

YoungAndBeautiful
Keenspot Despot

Postby EvilCoatrack on Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:34 pm

You're good for this turn. I'll get to work on the update soon, so actions are locked.

Please, though, get your forum names registered on the new place asap, and post here if someone has stolen your name and you need me to use another one (or just post here if you've picked another name and wish to use that one on the forums, just so I know who to follow for the posting of actions).
EvilCoatrack
Keenspot Despot

Postby Trench on Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:23 pm

Just logged in to the new digs. We shall seeeeee....
Trench
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby EvilCoatrack on Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:18 pm

New update is over at the new forum. You can read it here.

This will likely be the last time I post in this thread.
EvilCoatrack
Keenspot Despot

Postby YoungAndBeautiful on Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:55 pm

I already posted this in the "goblins" section of the forum, but just to be on the safe side: I'll be changing my nickname to GathersIngredients in the new forum. Because I don't want to use a copy cat nick any more.

So all the player posts - and that means most of the IC conversations - will be not be transfered and therefore lost? :-?
ATTENTION:

YoungAndBeautiful
Keenspot Despot

PreviousNext

Return to Goblins Games