Destiny of the Stonetear Clan (MOVED TO NEW FORUM)

Moderator: Thunt

Forum rules
Forum games go here.

Re: Destiny of the Stonetear Clan (Forum Game)

Postby LooksAndSmiles on Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:19 am

I reposition the trident. If we think there is a monster underwater then making it functional might be useful.

Also, I have a nasty feeling that there is a giant metallic ball on the other side (which blocks the progress down the room where our other trio is), so getting out of the way may be good.

Fond

The goblin will resurface, and then pull the switch carefully. He hopes to move the trident to its original position.
LooksAndSmiles
Keenspot Despot

Postby YoungAndBeautiful on Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:06 am

Guys (especially Wields and Saves, simply because they are nearby), how about checking out the two irregularities that L&S has pointed out, before messing with the door? Also, the armband should be useable again, so Tends would be ideal candidate to check out anything with possible no (other) means of return.

On the ledge reaching: First and foremost I'd like to say that we need to find a way up there anyway, so we might as well try that now. Now about the method:
Since ECR described the slope as slippery and oily, the Crimson method of setting it on fire, might work to get the slippery away from the slope, and THEN we can use the ant body ladder technique. So if you want to use the spiderweb, it might be more efficient to grab a bone and make a torch.
OR we could move the pinky carcass onto the open hatch and try and stand on that. (That's right, Tends wasn't utterly useless, because her clever positioning gave me an idea. In your face, people who say otherwise. :P :smug: )

ImageIf the boys agree on trying to move the golem, Tends will help with that, unless her help is NOT needed.
After that, Tends will double move up and right to help Crimson with the electricity experiment, or as far in that direction, as she can get.

If needed: Major - help with moving the golem remains
Else/afterwards: (double) move - to(wards) the electric rod room

@ ECR is/was the trident still moving upwards on its own accord, or is one switch needed to get it unstuck, and the other one to retract it back into the ceiling?
ATTENTION:
(Goblins and) Goblins Games is moving to a new Forum!

My nickname there will be GathersIngredients, btw.
YoungAndBeautiful
Keenspot Despot

Postby Trench on Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:34 am

Sounds good. Let's try that first.

Acts will help the other goblins in the room try to push the golem across to the platform (making sure to close the hatch and reopen it if need be. If they can't move the golem, he'll double move to the electric switch room with his brittle bone to try Tends plan with the torch.

SPOILERS:Can't remember: did Crimson had anything wrapped around the bone to make it burn?
ImageActs Hard Boiled: HP: 5/5
ATK: 5 (The Stone Tearer: Greataxe, +4 ATK. Parry 2. Doubles duration of any beneficial magic effects)
DEF: 3 (+1 Goblin, +1 Studded Leather Armor); 5 versus ranged (Armor + Helm)
Pack: Brittle Bone
Abilities: Cross-Chop (Minor Action, 5-turn cooldown. Can strike up to two additional targets in melee range for Attack score minus 2. Must be holding an axe with his main hand to execute this attack.)
Trench
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby YoungAndBeautiful on Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:38 am

Trench wrote:
SPOILERS:Can't remember: did Crimson had anything wrapped around the bone to make it burn?

SPOILERS:Yes, he covered it in spiderweb. That's why I had Tends ask Acts for some, if he still has any more of it.
ATTENTION:

YoungAndBeautiful
Keenspot Despot

Postby vid20 on Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:01 pm

Wields

Wields sees Saves swim down alive, chasing her lost keys. She gives the goblin a nod of approval before she turns and swims to the right. There is really only one thing left to do now.

Swimming up for air Wields waits for Saves to return so they can try to open this new door - and judging by the skulls, face what ever comes out from behind it.

Minor action
swim to the left

Move action
swim up
The Ratings War: Be Careful What You Wish For. A forum game that's a bit different.

Destiny of the Stonetear Clan
Wields-two-shields - Goblin maiden
HP 5/5
ATT: 3 (1 + 2 short blade)
DEF: 5 (2 + Frostward: +2 DEF Melee attacks made against the wearer have a 25% chance to freeze the attacker, making it inactive for the next turn. + 1 light wooden shield)
Back pack
skull - just be glade it's not you
Skeleton key
Leather Armor +1
Jar of Blue Energy

Escape from Brassmoon
Kritanta - kobold rogue. -died turn 135 RIP
vid20
Keenspot Despot

Postby arles on Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:31 pm

Crimson Fire

I move east and up the ladder. The I move the ladder switch, hiding it again.

///I'm a Graphic Designer and I like forum games///
///DeviantART///

Image Image
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ImageDungeon Keeper - Chief | The Awesomesword Wanes | Map
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ImageCrimson Fire | Destiny of the Stonetear Clan | Map
HP: 5/5 | ATK: 4 (+3 Longsword) | DEF: 4 (+1 Leather Armor, +1 Ironclad stompers) | Inventory: Leather Bag. Skull. Goblin Journal.
arles
Keenspot Despot

Postby EvilCoatrack on Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:58 pm

Turn 88

Saves picks up the two skulls from above and snatches the [Two-Pronged Key].

Saves will need air some time soon.

Fond and Wields resurface, and Fond pulls the lever again. The trident moves up once more and stops, still below water.

There are some things in life that are just way too immobile. This golem's body is definitely one of those things, as Thinks, Acts, and Tends find out.

Acts and Tends move one room up after trying to move that golem.

Crimson is one room ahead of them. He flips the switch to close the ladder-wall.

NEXT UPDATE ->

SPOILERS:Acts no longer has the mass of spider webs, by the way. He used all of it on the dart traps in the water.
Last edited by EvilCoatrack on Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
So I run some forum games:
Read Into Brassmoon City, a 52-turn completed prologue to EFB done entirely within 2 days.
Check out the Escape from Brassmoon, Complete at 171 turns!
Discover the Destiny of the Stonetear Clan, currently in progress.
EvilCoatrack
Keenspot Despot

Postby ThinkingOfNames on Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:21 pm

*Saves moves right and then up, surfacing for a quick breath of air.*
"Alright, gonna go and open that door now. You guys get that Trident trap ready and be ready to trigger it..."

Gonna try the key and lever combo next turn, i suggest you guys have something to hold on to as well as that trap ready to fire...
ThinkingOfNames
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby madmartin26 on Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:03 pm

Thinks moves one room to the left, ready to help anyone who needs to escape the water next turn(in case something attacks us, etc).
Studies Everything He Can Get His Hands On, Threads of Reality
Lives in the Forest, Capture the Flag
Thinks Too Much, Destiny Of The Stonetear Clan
Climbs Trees, The Awesomesword Wanes
madmartin26
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Trench on Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:28 pm

Acts moves into the lightning room and looks around.

"Okay, with that nutcase pulling the switch this could reaaaallllly interesting."

Acts takes his bone and gathers up as many webs as he can in the area to wrap around the bone. Once done, he'll put it on the ground and step back as Crimson works his magic.

"And get ready guys. Things are going to happen. Whether up here or down there, we may have to move fast."
ATK: 5 (The Stone Tearer: Greataxe, +4 ATK. Parry 2. Doubles duration of any beneficial magic effects)
Abilities: Cross-Chop (Minor Action, 5-turn cooldown. Can strike up to two additional targets in melee range for Attack score minus 2. Must be holding an axe with his main hand to execute this attack.)
Trench
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby LooksAndSmiles on Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:32 am

Fond

Waits patiently of Saves to return and use the keys...
LooksAndSmiles
Keenspot Despot

Postby YoungAndBeautiful on Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:38 am

ImageTends will go right once, and examine the statue, now, that the wall is no longer in the way. She'll be mindfull NOT to be in the way of the electrical rods when/if Crimson is activating them. It might mess up her hair!

Move: right
Minor: examine statue
Free: stay the hell away from the electircal rod, while it's active.
ATTENTION:

YoungAndBeautiful
Keenspot Despot

Postby vid20 on Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:24 am

Wields

Wields looks at the stopped trident. Wasn't it higher before? much higher?

she swims over to the lever and pulls it to see if it's broken. If it works, she relaxes, well, as long as it keeps winding the trident up she relaxes. If it's stopped she panics a little, but swims over to the chain. No time like the present to get ready to kill big gribberly beasties.

Minor action
Use lever.. unless its broken/stopped

Major action
Hold on to chain.
The Ratings War: Be Careful What You Wish For. A forum game that's a bit different.

HP 5/5
DEF: 5 (2 + Frostward: +2 DEF Melee attacks made against the wearer have a 25% chance to freeze the attacker, making it inactive for the next turn. + 1 light wooden shield)
Back pack
Skeleton key
Leather Armor +1
Jar of Blue Energy

Escape from Brassmoon
vid20
Keenspot Despot

Postby arles on Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:52 am

Crimson Fire

Image "Guys, I'm gonna need your help. I'll activate the switch up here, but I need you to pull the one that's down there at the same time. I want to see what happens when the two lightning bolts meet. Something cool is BOUND to happen!"

I activate the switch and examine the reaction!

Last edited by arles on Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
///DeviantART///

Image Image
HP: 5/5 | ATK: 4 (+3 Longsword) | DEF: 4 (+1 Leather Armor, +1 Ironclad stompers) | Inventory: Leather Bag. Skull. Goblin Journal.
arles
Keenspot Despot

Postby YoungAndBeautiful on Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:22 am

Image"Next turn I'll help you with your experiments for sure, sweet cheeks. I still need to check out the statue before we, perchance, wake it or blow it up. This turn, just light Acts' fire, if you please. Also, be sure to activate the switch, as just pulling it won't work."
ATTENTION:

YoungAndBeautiful
Keenspot Despot

Postby EvilCoatrack on Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:07 pm

Turn 89

Wields pulls the lever and the trident flies upward again. She wanted to hold onto a chain of some kind, but since the only chain currently in the room has a tendency to lower sharp objects into the room, and there's a chance she could have meant the cord attached to the trident, but that's long gone now. So she just hangs onto the lever handle.

Saves comes up for air while Fond paddles water.

Thinks moves over from the right and finds out how far the trident retracted.

A few rooms away, Acts collects all the spiderwebs in the room around a bone and sets it on the ground for the lightning to set on fire.

Crimson makes that happen.

Tends inspects the statue and determines that it appears to be made out of some kind of metal. She can hear and feel some strange humming emanating from it. It's kind of creepy.

NEXT UPDATE ->

SPOILERS:Update!
Last edited by EvilCoatrack on Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
So I run some forum games:
Read Into Brassmoon City, a 52-turn completed prologue to EFB done entirely within 2 days.
Check out the Escape from Brassmoon, Complete at 171 turns!
Discover the Destiny of the Stonetear Clan, currently in progress.
EvilCoatrack
Keenspot Despot

Postby Trench on Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:38 pm

Acts grimaces.

"That thing is totally going to come to life and try to kill us isn't it?"

He looks to Tends. "If you still want to try burning that slope, go for it. You should be able to run back once we start screaming."

He then looks toward Crimson. "You sure you want to do this right now? We have half the clan underwater and maybe about to be eaten. At the same time as we might be waking up Lockheed here. Seems it may be rough splitting our forces like this."

If Crimson decides to go through with it, he'll activate his lever as well and get ready for the impending attack.
Trench
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby YoungAndBeautiful on Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:07 am

Image"I agree with Acts, this statue is VERY suspicious, and if it comes alive and behaves aggressively, we really could use Fonds and his mace. we should try ONE of these probably very dangeous tasks at the time, not both."Tends will pick up the torch and go to the left.

Minor: pick up bone-torch
Move: left.
ATTENTION:

YoungAndBeautiful
Keenspot Despot

Postby ThinkingOfNames on Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:16 am

"Alright, 'ere we go! Hold onto something if you can!"
*Saves dives to the room below, positions herself with her feet on the locked lever's block, inserts the key inside and pulls that lever.*

Summary: Move: Down. Free: Position self on the lever's "block". Major: Unlock and pull the lever. Provided the Unlocking and pulling can be done in one go, else the pulling gonna wait next turn...
ThinkingOfNames
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby vid20 on Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:40 am

Wields

Wields looks at Saves and nods.
"lets do this." She says, submerging with the goblin and swimming to the gate.

If Saves can open the door and use the key in the same turn, Wields will stand ready for whatever lies on the other side. If however she needs a hand, Wields will activate the lever.

Move action
Swim down

Major action
If saves needs the help, activate the lever. If not, defend Saves (I.e, use block)

HP 5/5
Back pack
Skeleton key
Leather Armor +1
Jar of Blue Energy

Escape from Brassmoon
vid20
Keenspot Despot

Postby LooksAndSmiles on Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:13 am

Fond

The goblin keeps paddling under the chain, waiting for the events below. He readies himself to pull the chain, in case something nasty comes out of the blocked area, and happens to stop below the trident. If no such thing happens, he submerges too, and if nothing threatening appears/emanates (any animal/human/monster voice, clicking, rumbling or any, possibly trap-like mechanism sounds, etc.) he progresses cautiously to the newly found room, assuming that's what's on the other side.
LooksAndSmiles
Keenspot Despot

Postby YoungAndBeautiful on Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:24 am

SPOILERS:I may be wrong with this, but my assumption is that the trident would have to be fully retracted back into the ceiling for it to be ready to be launched again. Anyway, good luck you guys!
ATTENTION:

YoungAndBeautiful
Keenspot Despot

Postby madmartin26 on Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:36 pm

"Please don't be too dangerous..."

Thinks will dive down to the underwater telescoping door room, and be ready to help fight anything dangerous that comes out.
Studies Everything He Can Get His Hands On, Threads of Reality
Lives in the Forest, Capture the Flag
Thinks Too Much, Destiny Of The Stonetear Clan
Climbs Trees, The Awesomesword Wanes
madmartin26
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby arles on Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:03 pm

Crimson Fire

Image "Let's do it: worst case scenario, we ran away to the water with the others."

I activate the switch and examine the reaction!
///DeviantART///

Image Image
arles
Keenspot Despot

Postby Trench on Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:15 pm

Acts sighs.

He'll throw the switch, but he'll wait until the others do their thing and only if he doesn't hear screams of terror from his fellow goblins in the water below. Then he'll motion for Crimson to throw the switch.

If he does hear something bad go down, then he'll bolt toward the water room and leave Crimson to his experiments.
Trench
Keenspotter Supreme

PreviousNext

Return to Goblins Games