Destiny of the Stonetear Clan (MOVED TO NEW FORUM)

Moderator: Thunt

Forum rules
Forum games go here.

Re: Destiny of the Stonetear Clan (Forum Game)

Postby Trench on Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:04 pm

Acts watches Wields take on the skeleton with some admiration. Now that's the way to do it.

He grabs the axe and turns to the bat as it flaps down, counting on her and the others to make short work of the skeleton. Image "Say... You ever dance with the devil by the pale moonlight?" He then takes the axe and chops that bat in two.

minor- pick up axe.
major- make batman reference and chop that bat up good.

SPOILERS:heh. Hope it's fine I took that axe and went for the bat. I do agree with the strategy of one on the bat and the rest on the skeleton. You think a bone and shuriken attack will be enough? Otherwise, I'll help out Wields.

And come on. I had to say it. I HAD TO.
ImageActs Hard Boiled: HP: 5/5
ATK: 5 (The Stone Tearer: Greataxe, +4 ATK. Parry 2. Doubles duration of any beneficial magic effects)
DEF: 3 (+1 Goblin, +1 Studded Leather Armor); 5 versus ranged (Armor + Helm)
Pack: Brittle Bone
Abilities: Cross-Chop (Minor Action, 5-turn cooldown. Can strike up to two additional targets in melee range for Attack score minus 2. Must be holding an axe with his main hand to execute this attack.)
Trench
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby EvilCoatrack on Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:28 am

Turn 3

Crimson grabs a Brittle Bone from the room above and runs away down the ladder into this new room, screaming like a youngling all the while.

Thatgoblin maintains his grip on the shrieking Pissed Off Bat and moves down the ladder to the right passage.

The other bat follows, attacking Thatgoblin, but dealing no damage.

It's a good thing nothing else is down in this room, because all this shrieking might just wake the undead.

Wields grabs another Brittle Bone and smashes it on the skeleton. Tends grabs another bone, but attacks the creature with just her dagger. Fond smacks the thing as well. The skeleton gets a swing off at Fond, but doesn't break his skin.

The skeleton is slain! Amidst a clatter of bones, it drops that shuriken. Everyone in the room has first pick.

The bat slashes Fond as well, and manages to deal 1 damage, bringing Fond down to 4/5 HP!

Acts grabs the [Orcish Hand Axe: +2 ATK One-handed. Parry 2.] and uses it to slice the bat up, but doesn't quite kill it.

NEXT UPDATE ->

EDIT: Editted to fix an error on my part regarding Crimson's position.

SPOILERS:Parrying is an attack-equivalent major action that increases the amount of your DEF for the current turn by the amount of Parry that appears on your gear.
Last edited by EvilCoatrack on Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
So I run some forum games:
Read Into Brassmoon City, a 52-turn completed prologue to EFB done entirely within 2 days.
Check out the Escape from Brassmoon, Complete at 171 turns!
Discover the Destiny of the Stonetear Clan, currently in progress.
EvilCoatrack
Keenspot Despot

Postby Trench on Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:39 am

Image "I got this winged punk. You guys make sure that goblin doesn't get himself killed in bat country. We can't afford to get too separated."

Major- Acts takes his time to make sure the bat goes down hard.
Move- Move on up above to help catch up to thatgoblin if need be.

SPOILERS:So does the Parry ability replace my attack or supplement it?

Also, plenty of stuff to search here. I see a yellow potion and the bookshelf and the sitting skeleton at least, but Acts isn't going to search when there's a fellow goblin possibly in peril nearby.
ATK: 5 (The Stone Tearer: Greataxe, +4 ATK. Parry 2. Doubles duration of any beneficial magic effects)
Abilities: Cross-Chop (Minor Action, 5-turn cooldown. Can strike up to two additional targets in melee range for Attack score minus 2. Must be holding an axe with his main hand to execute this attack.)
Trench
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby EvilCoatrack on Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:55 am

Trench wrote:So does the Parry ability replace my attack or supplement it?

Parry replaces your attack. I don't think anyone in EFB has actually ever used it.

EDIT: Also, keep in mind that attacking (and parrying) ends your turn. You won't be able to move after the attack.
Read Into Brassmoon City, a 52-turn completed prologue to EFB done entirely within 2 days.
EvilCoatrack
Keenspot Despot

Postby knucklekraken on Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:03 am

Fond searches in the open barrel.

Member of the Irregulators. Reticulating splines since 2011.

Here are stats for a player race I created, compatible with 3.5 D&D. Please steal.

SPOILERS:Tasty People
+2 Charisma: Tasty People have strong natural pheromones.
-2 Wisdom: Tasty People have a racial predisposition for making bad decisions.
When faced with an encounter involving a predatory creature, a Tasty Person must make a Charisma Check. If the DC (15) is met, the creature will attack the Tasty Person to the exclusion of other targets who are not also Tasty People who have met this DC. The DC should be modified for monsters with a strong sense of smell, I leave this to your discretion as a DM. The monster is not forced to attack the Tasty Person if doing so would cause it to take an attack of opportunity.
A Tasty Person's starting class should be treated as his favored class.

Tasty People speak Common.
knucklekraken
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby vid20 on Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:30 am

Wields

ImageWields glares at Acts, she doesn't like taking orders from anyone who isn't her chief. But it's obvious that Acts does have this in control, so she bites her tongue and leads him to finish up the bat. Instead walking over to the nearby skeleton and taking the armor. After all, she is a shield to her clan, prepared to die protecting her kin. After looting the armor she moves to the left of the room, further into the unknown caves.

Image "Some of our kin are here, They have to be. We can't be all that's left."

Minor action
Loot the suit of armor, hoping it's not trapped..

Move action
Move to the left and see what can be seen.

SPOILERS:Ok, skeletons seem to be base 1 def 1 att 4HP, bats are 2 att, I assume 1 def, and probably 3HP
Last edited by vid20 on Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Ratings War: Be Careful What You Wish For. A forum game that's a bit different.

Destiny of the Stonetear Clan
Wields-two-shields - Goblin maiden
HP 5/5
ATT: 3 (1 + 2 short blade)
DEF: 5 (2 + Frostward: +2 DEF Melee attacks made against the wearer have a 25% chance to freeze the attacker, making it inactive for the next turn. + 1 light wooden shield)
Back pack
skull - just be glade it's not you
Skeleton key
Leather Armor +1
Jar of Blue Energy

Escape from Brassmoon
Kritanta - kobold rogue. -died turn 135 RIP
vid20
Keenspot Despot

Postby Trench on Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:33 am

EvilCoatrack wrote:Parry replaces your attack. I don't think anyone in EFB has actually ever used it.

EDIT: Also, keep in mind that attacking (and parrying) ends your turn. You won't be able to move after the attack.

Got it. Still getting used to actually participating and not lurking and skimming the rules.
Trench
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby arles on Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:34 pm

arles wrote:Crimson will do a dodging roll to the right, grabbing the skull in the process, and then running away down the right ladder and screaming like a little girl to avoid the angry and scary bat.

That's weird, I thought it was pretty clear that I was rolling to the right, grabbing the skull and then going down the ladder to the right. Well, there's nothing I can do now about it.

Crimson Fire

I leap from the higher ground and attack the bat with my femur as hard as I can.

EDIT:

Map updated
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18458589/Stonet ... an/Map.jpg
Last edited by arles on Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
///I'm a Graphic Designer and I like forum games///
///DeviantART///

Image Image
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ImageDungeon Keeper - Chief | The Awesomesword Wanes | Map
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ImageCrimson Fire | Destiny of the Stonetear Clan | Map
HP: 5/5 | ATK: 4 (+3 Longsword) | DEF: 4 (+1 Leather Armor, +1 Ironclad stompers) | Inventory: Leather Bag. Skull. Goblin Journal.
arles
Keenspot Despot

Postby EvilCoatrack on Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:30 pm

arles wrote:
arles wrote:Crimson will do a dodging roll to the right, grabbing the skull in the process, and then running away down the right ladder and screaming like a little girl to avoid the angry and scary bat.

That's weird, I thought it was pretty clear that I was rolling to the right, grabbing the skull and then going down the ladder to the right. Well, there's nothing I can do now about it.

Crimson Fire

I leap from the higher ground and attack the bat with my femur as hard as I can.

EDIT:

Map updated
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18458589/Stonet ... an/Map.jpg

I probablyread it wrong. I can edit if you like, let me know before tomorrow's update.
EvilCoatrack
Keenspot Despot

Postby arles on Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:34 pm

If it's not much trouble, I'd be nice if I could be next to Thatgoblin. I didn't want to leave him alone.
If that can be done, I'll change my action.
///DeviantART///

Image Image
HP: 5/5 | ATK: 4 (+3 Longsword) | DEF: 4 (+1 Leather Armor, +1 Ironclad stompers) | Inventory: Leather Bag. Skull. Goblin Journal.
arles
Keenspot Despot

Postby vid20 on Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:01 pm

point of interest, there is a hatch in the new room leading down.
The Ratings War: Be Careful What You Wish For. A forum game that's a bit different.

HP 5/5
DEF: 5 (2 + Frostward: +2 DEF Melee attacks made against the wearer have a 25% chance to freeze the attacker, making it inactive for the next turn. + 1 light wooden shield)
Back pack
Skeleton key
Leather Armor +1
Jar of Blue Energy

Escape from Brassmoon
vid20
Keenspot Despot

Postby YoungAndBeautiful on Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:13 pm

SPOILERS:On the map: the right ladder down from the entrance (where the batwielder is) is a dead end didnt spot the hatch handle as such! But,anyway, there might be something interesting behind the cave-in. In the room where the rest of the gbolins are there is a door way to the left, correct? I just want to make sure I interpret your drawings right. =) Also, would wou mind if I used a image of Tends as my avatar? Since you drew it, I thought I'd better ask permission. Oh and I assume it is not possible to parry with the dagger.

Image "Looks like the bat can only hurt a Goblin when attacking in sync with another enemy."

Tends will search through the books or clothes or whatever that pile near the shelf is. (major) Then she will go up into the entrance room. (minor)

Somebody might want to grab the candle. I think I will find something in the pile, and with the dagger and the bone, I will have 3 items, so thats why I dont do it... :wink:

Yikes, that is the first time I see a "monster" (a NPC one at least) change room. Didn't know they could do that. :shifty:
ATTENTION:
(Goblins and) Goblins Games is moving to a new Forum!

My nickname there will be GathersIngredients, btw.
YoungAndBeautiful
Keenspot Despot

Postby Trench on Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:18 pm

Yeah, the hatch should definitely be looked at once we clear the bats. Acts is more interested in what apparently took off that skeleton's head though...
Trench
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby arles on Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:26 pm

Crimson Fire

Image "I gotta get out of here!"

I examine the pile of rocks on the left, trying to see if it could be demolished easily. (minor)

Image "Ahhhhh, I can't concentrate with this noisy thing here!!! GO AWAY YOU FILTHY SCREEING RAT!"

I stand next to my friend and attack the flying bat with the femur. (major)

-------------------------------------

Image Crimson Fire

HP: 5/5
ATK: 2 (+1 ATK. Brittle Bone)
DEF: 2

Inventory: Leather Bag, Another Brittle Bone.
Last edited by arles on Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
///DeviantART///

Image Image
arles
Keenspot Despot

Postby vid20 on Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:31 pm

Trench wrote:Yeah, the hatch should definitely be looked at once we clear the bats. Acts is more interested in what apparently took off that skeleton's head though...

The shuriken from last turn is still in it's head, and lootable. No one has called it yet.

HP 5/5
Back pack
Skeleton key
Leather Armor +1
Jar of Blue Energy

Escape from Brassmoon
vid20
Keenspot Despot

Postby thatguy on Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:49 pm

thatgoblin will attack the other bat Image"waaaa bat power"
thatguy
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby EvilCoatrack on Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:53 pm

YoungAndBeautiful wrote:
SPOILERS:In the room where the rest of the gbolins are there is a door way to the left, correct? I just want to make sure I interpret your drawings right. =) Also, would wou mind if I used a image of Tends as my avatar? Since you drew it, I thought I'd better ask permission. Oh and I assume it is not possible to parry with the dagger.

Yes, doorways are portrayed as either two-pixel-wide lines at the very edge of the room (as opposed to the usual 4-pixel lines) or as a doorway/hole/whatever if it's on the background somewhere.

No one on this forum needs to ask my permission for making non-commercial use of my art - knock yourself out, and feel free to edit however you like for your avatar. You only need to ask permission if you're making money off of it (and good luck with that :P).

And yes, you can only parry with weapons/items that have a parry value.
EvilCoatrack
Keenspot Despot

Postby vid20 on Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:55 pm

Wields broke the second bone didn't she? Right now the only item on her is the skull, and it's in her 'back pack' right?

HP 5/5
Back pack
Skeleton key
Leather Armor +1
Jar of Blue Energy

Escape from Brassmoon
vid20
Keenspot Despot

Postby EvilCoatrack on Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:56 pm

vid20 wrote:Wields broke the second bone didn't she? Right now the only item on her is the skull, and it's in her 'back pack' right?

Yes, and yes.
EvilCoatrack
Keenspot Despot

Postby thatguy on Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:10 pm

What would happen if i put the bat in my inventory.?
thatguy
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby EvilCoatrack on Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:45 pm

thatguy wrote:What would happen if i put the bat in my inventory.?

Good question.
EvilCoatrack
Keenspot Despot

Postby Trench on Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:58 pm

vid20 wrote:
Trench wrote:Yeah, the hatch should definitely be looked at once we clear the bats. Acts is more interested in what apparently took off that skeleton's head though...

The shuriken from last turn is still in it's head, and lootable. No one has called it yet.

Different skeleton, but good call.

-And a Minor, if possible, pick up that shuriken from the other skull on the way.
Trench
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby YoungAndBeautiful on Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:03 am

thatguy wrote:What would happen if i put the bat in my inventory?

Hehe, since the description says "dont let go!", it probably would bite you in your shiny metal a.. :lol:
To be honest, I have to say that I was pretty surprised that you could climb down a ladder without the bat breaking free from your grip. But good for you. 8)
ATTENTION:
(Goblins and) Goblins Games is moving to a new Forum!

My nickname there will be GathersIngredients, btw.
YoungAndBeautiful
Keenspot Despot

Postby LooksAndSmiles on Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:32 am

knucklekraken wrote:Fond searches in the open barrel.

Ouch, this bat hurts!
- still, Fond disregards the bat and searches in the open barrel. If he still has actions left, he will also try to take the candle from the table.

(Thanks to rather fortunate IRL events to me, I'll be able to post actions this week. I won't be able to do it next week and thus knuckle can enjoy all the shine of temping. If you see a l-a-s next week, it will be definitely an impostor and should be disregarded. )
LooksAndSmiles
Keenspot Despot

Postby knucklekraken on Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:54 am

Noted.

Member of the Irregulators. Reticulating splines since 2011.

Here are stats for a player race I created, compatible with 3.5 D&D. Please steal.

SPOILERS:Tasty People
+2 Charisma: Tasty People have strong natural pheromones.
-2 Wisdom: Tasty People have a racial predisposition for making bad decisions.
When faced with an encounter involving a predatory creature, a Tasty Person must make a Charisma Check. If the DC (15) is met, the creature will attack the Tasty Person to the exclusion of other targets who are not also Tasty People who have met this DC. The DC should be modified for monsters with a strong sense of smell, I leave this to your discretion as a DM. The monster is not forced to attack the Tasty Person if doing so would cause it to take an attack of opportunity.
A Tasty Person's starting class should be treated as his favored class.

Tasty People speak Common.
knucklekraken
Keenspot Juggernaut

PreviousNext

Return to Goblins Games