Destiny of the Stonetear Clan (MOVED TO NEW FORUM)

Moderator: Thunt

Forum rules
Forum games go here.

Destiny of the Stonetear Clan (MOVED TO NEW FORUM)

Postby EvilCoatrack on Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:39 am

SPOILERS:This is a forum game that will be conducted in a manner similar to the Escape from Brassmoon, which new readers can check out via the link in my signature. This game is a tangential sequel, in that it doesn't follow directly from the story of EFB, but it is later in time than the Escape and it is connected to the events that went down in EFB and the 2-day prologue game (which is also linked in my signature).

NEW READERS!: The game begins HERE!

Destiny of the Stonetear Clan

After their clan was betrayed from within by their own clan teller, the Stonetear are all but wiped out. Crimson Night slavers and Crescent Mace orcs hunt the remaining Stonetear Clan goblins across the countryside as the refugees flee to the North. The clan itself is oblivious to the act of betrayal committed by Protects-His-Chief, but as a result of his treachery and Chief Serves' insistence that the clan's honor be regained by recovering the Moderately Locked Chest from the dungeon beneath Brassmoon's sewers, the surviving goblins are without leadership in their flight. Most of the Stonetear Clan are dead, lost, or enslaved.

Last night, six goblins managed to escape from an attack by the Crimson Night. Hoping that more refugees survived the exodus and made it to the clan's nearest outpost, the clan began searching for a cave entrance at the bottom of a deep canyon, which supposedly contains a small group of Stonetears who were working on some sort of mining project. They haven't received word from this particular outpost in three winters, but it's the only hope they have of finding friendly faces.

The goblins slide their way down the canyon, descending down a path that will not allow a return trip. The first to land at the entrance to the cave is greeted with a not-so-welcoming sight.

How to Join:

There are, obviously, six slots open. They will be filled by a random draw of all players who sign up to play within the next 24 hours (deadline is 4:00 PM United States Eastern Daylight Time [GMT - 5]). Sign up now, and I'll let you know who got in by tomorrow night.

*Those players who currently have permanent ownership of a living Escape From Brassmoon character (as of Turn 138) have a reduced chance at getting in. This reduced chance is handled in the following way: I will separate the number of current EFB character-owners who sign up from the general pool. That number will be randomly chopped in half and then put back into the general random draw pool. I'm rounding the number down, so this means that if, for example, 7 current EFB character-owners sign up, I'll eliminate 4 off the bat and the remaining 3 will have a shot at getting picked by the overall random draw. (Specifically: notimportant, vid20, kelvara, Donnigan, m0rtimer, LooksandSmiles, and michael7050 are all allowed to sign up for the general draw without this restriction, as they are either temporary controllers or past-owners of characters in EFB).

DO NOT SIGN UP IF YOU CANNOT MEET THE UPDATE SCHEDULE (Action posts must be received each day Monday-Friday by 7:00 P.M. U.S. Eastern Time)

Rules:

These are almost exactly the same as Escape from Brassmoon, but I'll link the text here anyway:

Starting

Goblins: 5/5 Hit Points; 1 ATK; 2 DEF.

Stats:
ATK (Attack) means how much damage you deal in melee combat. ATK works against the opponent's DEF and Hit Points. (Example: an ATK of 3 on a creature with 2 DEF and 5/5 Hit Points would pierce the DEF and take away 1 Hit Point.)
DEF (Defense) means how much damage you can absorb on each turn.
HP (Hit Points) indicates how hurt you are. You die at 0 HP, and you start off with a maximum of 5 HP.

Actions:

You may take two of three "acts" on each turn. These three acts are defined as follows:

Minor Action: Minor Actions include:
- Trading of items between characters who are in touch range of each other (amount of items traded is limitless). I mentioned before Turn 2 update that trading a key from one goblin to another would require minor actions from both. This is incorrect. You only use a minor action if you GIVE an item (or any number of items) to another goblin. Receiving an item is a free action.
- Picking up one item (or a number of items that are very close together) from the floor or other area within your character's reach.
- Looting one item from a kill that just occurred. (Note: First pick on loot goes to those monsters involved in the fight. The first "first picker" to claim it gets the item. "First Pick" applies to only ONE item per turn.If everyone passes, whoever's first on cleanup gets it. Otherwise it falls to the floor.)
- Inspecting the environment. I will tell you more information about something you look at if you do this
- Moving to an adjacent room that you have already discovered.
- Talking to a creature.
- Any other item or ability that says it's a minor action.

Move:
Quite simply, you can move from the current room to another adjacent one. Your Move action (unlike your Minor Actions) also allows you to move to room you have yet to discover.
- Moving to another part of the same room is usually always a free action.

Major Action: These include:
- Attacking a creature
- Interacting with the environment (i.e. flipping a switch, pushing a table, opening a door).
- Operate while Stealthed (if you're the rogue). Note that this allows you to Move and perform Minor Actions without being observed.
- Most minor actions. Exceptions are Teller Healing and other actions that I deem to be unbalanced. If you're unsure about something, put in a conditional backup plan.
New rule: if you open a container, you automatically loot anything from it. Opening and looting from that container counts as one major action.

NOTE: While you can generally take these actions in whichever order you wish, if you chose to actually attack a creature, your turn ends there. You must structure your Minor Action or Move to happen before you attack if you want it to count. The same applies with Moving to an undiscovered room - you don't know what's in there, so you can't be expected to act on the same turn.. You may not take 2 of any one action twice in one turn.Note that Major Actions include most Minor Actions, and that Minor Actions include Moving to previously-discovered rooms. Because of this, you may investigate two objects/places in one room per turn, or "double move" so long as your first movement action is to an undiscovered room.

Inventory

New Rule: You can generally carry an infinite amount of stuff in your pack (which is invisible). However, there is a limit as to how many pieces of spare equippable gear you can carry: 3 pieces.

Ending the Game

The game is over when all player characters are either dead or out of the dungeon.

Death

A character is dead when its hit points reach 0. All healing occurs BEFORE damage from Attacks. You are dead the moment you hit 0 unless something in the game explicitly overrides this rule.

Acts of the Game Master
Things are moving behind the scenes, and I'm not telling you every mechanic operating in the dungeon. By signing up to play, you are acknowledging that they may be a point where your character is injured or killed in a way that seems "unfair." I assure you that I value fairness very highly, but sometimes the consequences of game actions go beyond my control and can result in tragedy.

Spectators:
If you're a spectator, please keep your comments to a minimum and use the "spoiler" tags for them. This isn't because I don't appreciate people talking about the game, but it could get kind of crazy otherwise.

Update Schedule
I will attempt to update every weeknight at 7:00-9:00 P.M. Eastern Time. Skip days may happen, but I will try to post ahead of time to let you know when I can.
Last edited by EvilCoatrack on Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:08 pm, edited 6 times in total.
So I run some forum games:
Read Into Brassmoon City, a 52-turn completed prologue to EFB done entirely within 2 days.
Check out the Escape from Brassmoon, Complete at 171 turns!
Discover the Destiny of the Stonetear Clan, currently in progress.
EvilCoatrack
Keenspot Despot

Re: Destiny of the Stonetear Clan (Forum Game)

Postby Warlock on Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:41 am

Me please!!!!

Do we create a character now also, or wait till we are chosen after sign-ups close. I'm assuming the latter.
Warlock
Keenspot Despot

Postby YoungAndBeautiful on Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:44 am

I wish to play. I am #2. ^^
ATTENTION:
(Goblins and) Goblins Games is moving to a new Forum!

My nickname there will be GathersIngredients, btw.
YoungAndBeautiful
Keenspot Despot

Postby EvilCoatrack on Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:46 am

Warlock wrote:Do we create a character now also, or wait till we are chosen after sign-ups close. I'm assuming the latter.

No use creating a character before you know if you're in.

I'll let the winners know tomorrow who they are, and will then request character names and colors.
So I run some forum games:
Read Into Brassmoon City, a 52-turn completed prologue to EFB done entirely within 2 days.
Check out the Escape from Brassmoon, Complete at 171 turns!
Discover the Destiny of the Stonetear Clan, currently in progress.
EvilCoatrack
Keenspot Despot

Postby vid20 on Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:47 am

I would love to partake in another of your games ECR. I still mourn Krit hourly :(
The Ratings War: Be Careful What You Wish For. A forum game that's a bit different.

Destiny of the Stonetear Clan
Wields-two-shields - Goblin maiden
HP 5/5
ATT: 3 (1 + 2 short blade)
DEF: 5 (2 + Frostward: +2 DEF Melee attacks made against the wearer have a 25% chance to freeze the attacker, making it inactive for the next turn. + 1 light wooden shield)
Back pack
skull - just be glade it's not you
Skeleton key
Leather Armor +1
Jar of Blue Energy

Escape from Brassmoon
Kritanta - kobold rogue. -died turn 135 RIP
vid20
Keenspot Despot

Postby Warlock on Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:50 am

EvilCoatrack wrote:
Warlock wrote:Do we create a character now also, or wait till we are chosen after sign-ups close. I'm assuming the latter.

No use creating a character before you know if you're in.

I'll let the winners know tomorrow who they are, and will then request character names and colors.

That's kind of what I figured. Still, I already have a character in mind and would love the chance to play another one of your games, this time from the beginning and with a character of my own devising. Thank you for the opportunity!
Warlock
Keenspot Despot

Postby BurnsBees on Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:56 am

Lets do this, I'm in.
Beware of the ducks with bombs. They know who you are and they are out to get you.
BurnsBees
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby arles on Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:58 am

I would like to play :D
///I'm a Graphic Designer and I like forum games///
///DeviantART///

Image Image
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ImageDungeon Keeper - Chief | The Awesomesword Wanes | Map
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ImageCrimson Fire | Destiny of the Stonetear Clan | Map
HP: 5/5 | ATK: 4 (+3 Longsword) | DEF: 4 (+1 Leather Armor, +1 Ironclad stompers) | Inventory: Leather Bag. Skull. Goblin Journal.
arles
Keenspot Despot

Postby Donnigan on Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:59 am

Oooh! Me! Yeah, this looks to be fun...I wonder what Horrors Of The Underdark(tm) have been unleashed.
Madre de Dios! Es El Pollo Diablo!

HasBadTemper
Hit Points: 6/6(+5 goblin, +1 tough)
Attack: 6???(+1 Goblin, +1 Training, +4 Battleaxe, +??? Cold???) (9??? if Raging)
Defence: 8(+1 Goblin, +1 Tough, +3 Kite Shield, +3 Studded Leather)(7 if Raging)(9 or 8 if Wearing Iron Mask, unlikely)
Traits:
Goblin Rage 2: if 2hp or below 4+ attack. - 1def. Can multi strike, first strike.
Shield Bash 1: 25% chance to stun small creatures.

Inventory: Iron Mask
Donnigan
Keenspot Despot

Postby alopex on Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:00 pm

Me too! I would like to play.
alopex
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby ArcticTornado on Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:02 pm

I would love to play another one of your games, I'll sign up against the odds.

Haha, posted this in Luck's colour out of habit.

Now, I need to figure out some non-invasive way of interacting with this game for when I don't get in...

Aww, look at how quickly the EFB players have signed up. we love you ECR, how could you turn us away? :puppydogeyes:
Last edited by ArcticTornado on Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chief Gets to the Chopper
2/6 HP :: 0/12 Inf
4 Atk :: 5 Def

Inverted Luck
ATK: 4-6 (+2 Brakeblade, +1 Thief Blade, +0/+1 Thief Armor (25%), +0/+1 Short Blade Specialty (50%))
DEF: 6-7(+1 Goblin, +1 Thief Armor, +1 Thick Skin, +0/+1 Leather Helm (50%), +1 Iron Bracer, +1 Iron Bracer)
HP: 5/5
Pack: Very Pointy Pencil, 78 gold pieces, Leather Armor, Dagger, Challenge Note, Random Book, Short Rope
Abilities: Renew (+1 HP, Major Action, touch), Lady Luck (double % chance to most items/abilities, passive).
ArcticTornado
Keenspot Despot

Postby Wolfie21384 on Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:03 pm

I would like to play, please :D

*crosses fingers and hopes and hopes and hopes and waits for tomorrow*
Wolfie21384
Keenspot Despot

Postby Trench on Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:05 pm

Long time Lurker.

Sure, I'll give it a shot.
ImageActs Hard Boiled: HP: 5/5
ATK: 5 (The Stone Tearer: Greataxe, +4 ATK. Parry 2. Doubles duration of any beneficial magic effects)
DEF: 3 (+1 Goblin, +1 Studded Leather Armor); 5 versus ranged (Armor + Helm)
Pack: Brittle Bone
Abilities: Cross-Chop (Minor Action, 5-turn cooldown. Can strike up to two additional targets in melee range for Attack score minus 2. Must be holding an axe with his main hand to execute this attack.)
Trench
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Haragorn on Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:05 pm

I'm in.
Haragorn
Keenspot Despot

Postby Dusk9 on Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:07 pm

I'm in!

As I've already said in some other threads, I'm going to be without regular internet until the 18th at the latest, but if I do get in ( :shifty: :nervous: ) I'll be able to get some short posts in daily through my phone. (I wasn't going to go online with my phone cause it costs quite a bit, but for a chance to get in this, its worth it :D )
Threads of Reality
Hears-Disembodied-Voices
Lvl 1 Berserker ~ Exp: 9/10 ~ HP: 6/6 ~ Atk: 4 (+1~Rage) ~ Def: 4 (+1~50%) (+1~Rage)
Traits: Automatic Combat Rage; Jekyll and Hyde
Tower Game
Dusk ~ Lvl 2 Wraith Rogue ~ Exp: 2/3 ~ Atk: 2 ~ DEX: 1/4 ~ CON 6 ~ HP: 2/8
Skills: Stealth (1DEX/turn); Sneak Attack; Detect Trap (1DEX, R2)
Lair of the Mountain King
Eaten-By-Rabbits ~ HP: 3/5 ~ Atk: 1 ~ Def: 1
Capture the Flag (CTF) ~ on hiatus
Runs-into-Hard-Surfaces ~ Lvl 8 Trainee Attacker ~ Exp: 46/52
Feats: Sprint Awareness 3; Improved Dodge 2; Nimble 1; Sprint Endurance 1
Dusk9
Keenspot Despot

Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown)

Postby ReadsVoraciously on Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:18 pm

I would like to play.

Good luck to everyone!
Current Games:
Clan Rampage - GM - Come check it out!
Capture the Flag - Nose-In-A-Book
The Awesomesword Wanes - Thinks Twice - Teller/Heal-Bitch
The Clan of the Connected Mesh - Casts the First Stone
The Lost Chapter Clan - Follows Tracks - Lvl 4 Ranger
ReadsVoraciously
Keenspot Despot

Postby kelten on Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:38 pm

I wold like to play aswell
From the start preferably :P
Stabsafoot
HP: 6/9 ATT:15 (1+13+1) DEF:29 (2+21+1) CHR: +14
Equipment:
Blooddrinker: +10 ATT +4 CHR, extra dmg to evil, drains life
See-all boots: +5 DEF +2 CHR a chance of noticing a trap before setting it off.
mightyoak shield, intricate greaves, +2 intricate chainmail, magic gloves, heavenly ring: allows smite evil
darkforged helmet, ring of health

In debt:
Dead, but in heaven in the game Hats

Hits to hard, training for cheff

Keltens betting station, gamble away with the goblin crowd!
kelten
Keenspot Despot

Postby SharesLoot on Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:39 pm

I would likelove to play! Your incredible art and story in EFB gave me goosebumps the first time I read it through (that was like turn 80) and I read it again completely later.

I'm in too many games at the moment, so my planned own game is not progressing much, but some are winding down, and I will definitely sign back out of 2 soon-to-start games if I get in here!

Current list of prospective players:
1) Warlock
2) YoungAndBeautiful
3) vid20
4) BurnsBees
6) Donnigan
7) alopex
8.) ArcticTornado
9) Wolfie21384
10) Trench
11) Haragorn
12) Dusk9
13) ReadsVoraciously
14) Kelten
15) SharesLoot
╔═Clan Rampage══Goblin Gladiators II══Hats II══The Forsaken═══╗
╠═Hairy═════════Little Feet═════════Falls════Cockadoodle═══╣
╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
SharesLoot
Keenspot Despot

Postby Ziprath on Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:41 pm

I would like to enter my name please.
The New Goblin Warriors
Scouts Ahead
6/6 Hp +5(Goblin) +1 (Tough)
ATK 7 +1(Goblin) +3(Duel Spears) +1(When using a spear-like weapon) + 1(Helmet) +1(Training)
DEF 6 +1(Goblin) +1(Helmet) +1 (Black wolf cloak) +1 (Tough) +2(Leather Armour)
Traits: Hunter, Spear mastery, First aid, Tough
Items: Backpack, flint and steel, 30ft rope. bedroll and a bottle. Holy symbol. Symbol of Kord, 79 gold, Potion of forest scent, purple vial
Ziprath
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby notimportant on Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:48 pm

I'll throw my name in the draw. Random signups hasn't been my lucky thing in the past, but I'm still looking forward to this even if it's just one more to lurk.
"Will you give all you can give, so that our Banner may advance?" (Join Capture The Flag!)
Arena slave:
Not Important HP 0/5 ~ Atk 1+1 ~ Def 1 ~ App 0 ~ Traits: None ~ Items: Dagger
Lived an unfulfilled live, but got redemption in the Hats afterlife.

Goblin hero:
States-the-obvious HP 6/8 ~ Atk 17(2+13+2) ~ Def 26(3+22+1) ~ Cha 44(0+44)
Executed by a deranged monarch

Hats:
Echo HP: 9/10 ~ Status: Living happily ever after ~ Tomfoolery level: Sufficient
notimportant
Keenspot Despot

Postby ThinkingOfNames on Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:44 pm

I want in, let's complete the holy trinity of GMs (LSN, ECR & Ratha.) whose games i'm in. I'm hoping that this still apply?

Either way, best of luck to all applicants.
ThinkingOfNames
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Kide on Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:51 pm

Definitly would like a change of playing in your game. ^^

Current list of prospective players:
1) Warlock
2) YoungAndBeautiful
3) vid20
4) BurnsBees
6) Donnigan
7) alopex
8.) ArcticTornado
9) Wolfie21384
10) Trench
11) Haragorn
12) Dusk9
13) ReadsVoraciously
14) Kelten
15) SharesLoot
16) Ziprath
17) notimportant
18) ThinkingOfNames
19) Kide
"I aint no fancy damn supernachral terrer. I got guts and blood, an its too damn easy to spill em both."
-A goblin, from the Dungeon Keeper's dungeon.

Betrays A Friend
HP:1/5 * ATK:5 * DEF:4 * APP: 10

Hides in leaves
HP:10/10 * ATK:11 * DEF:20 * CHR:+8
Equipment:
Leather boots: DEF +1, CHR +1
Thief's cloak
Magical scimitar: +8 ATT
Intricate chestplate: +6 DEF +3 CHR
Holy armguards: +3 DEF +1 CHR
Holy helmet: +6 DEF +3 CHR
Abilities: Tracking, Driving skills, Animal Handling, Jousting, Singing, Dodging, Weapon profiency, Stealth, Animal friend: +0.5x travel speed, and increased power with animal related skills.
Spells: Breathe life (Can cure any plant. Or heal an ally, restores 1 HP each turn for 3 turns), Plant control: Control any vegetation around you. (defensive and offensive maneuvres), Growth: Makes plants grow around you (Once every 4 turns), Empower: Allows you to strongly empower another spell freely (once an day)
Mighty horse: El Diablo +2 Att/Def, 2x travel speed.
Kide
Keenspot Despot

Location: Land full of lakes and snow.... Also called Finland.

Postby PicksUpSticks on Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:54 pm

1) Warlock
2) YoungAndBeautiful
3) vid20
4) BurnsBees
6) Donnigan
7) alopex
8.) ArcticTornado
9) Wolfie21384
10) Trench
11) Haragorn
12) Dusk9
13) ReadsVoraciously
14) Kelten
15) SharesLoot
16) Ziprath
17) notimportant
18) ThinkingOfNames
19) Kide
20) PicksUpSticks
Threads of Reality
Picks The Plan - Goblin Warrior
Level 1
Tower Game
Zombie Picks Up Sticks - Zombie Shaman
Cantrips/Inflict - 1 | Debuff/Buff - 2 | Suggestion - 3
Clan Rampage
Breaks A Leg - Goblin Knee Basher
Alive and stupid.
Goblin Heroes- PicksUpSticks - Completed
PicksUpSticks
Keenspot Despot

Postby LooksAndSmiles on Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:58 pm

This is so not my lucky day...

Anyway, I'll be away for the next 2 weeks starting monday (working in Pre-university camp for fresh students), which I guess completely nukes my chances to get in. If not, then I'd also like to apply.

Good luck and have fun everyone!

1) Warlock
2) YoungAndBeautiful
3) vid20
4) BurnsBees
6) Donnigan
7) alopex
8.) ArcticTornado
9) Wolfie21384
10) Trench
11) Haragorn
12) Dusk9
13) ReadsVoraciously
14) Kelten
15) SharesLoot
16) Ziprath
17) notimportant
18) ThinkingOfNames
19) Kide
20) PicksUpSticks
21)L&S ?
LooksAndSmiles
Keenspot Despot

Postby Crayling on Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:07 pm

I'd love to join :) Havent posted much, but I've been a daily lurker of several games.

1) Warlock
2) YoungAndBeautiful
3) vid20
4) BurnsBees
6) Donnigan
7) alopex
8.) ArcticTornado
9) Wolfie21384
10) Trench
11) Haragorn
12) Dusk9
13) ReadsVoraciously