The Lost Chapter Clan

Moderator: Thunt

Forum rules
Forum games go here.

Re: The Lost Chapter Clan

Postby ReadsVoraciously on Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:28 pm

Horrified after realizing that they were battling their friends, Tracks yelled out to Drags, Shakes, and Worst. "Stop! They aren't statues! It's an illusion! They're the other goblins!” Tracks tried to speak to Dresses as he grappled with her. “Dresses! It’s me, Tracks! We’re your friends!” Dresses did not respond. She and the other entranced goblins continued their mindless attacks.

Tracks tried to think of a way to break the control the warlock held over his friends, but nothing seemed likely to work. That left only one option. Retreat. But not back downstairs. Whatever power the warlock was exercising over the goblins needed to be ended. And that meant they needed to end him.

Tracks yelled once again to Worst, Drags, and Shakes. “Listen! We can’t break them free from the warlock. Our only choice is to keep going towards the warlock. Retreat up the stairs and let’s try to block the entrance behind us somehow.” Saying this, Tracks moved towards the stairs leading up, flipping one of the tables to act as a barricade. “Let’s go!”
Current Games:
Clan Rampage - GM - Come check it out!
Capture the Flag - Nose-In-A-Book
The Awesomesword Wanes - Thinks Twice - Teller/Heal-Bitch
The Clan of the Connected Mesh - Casts the First Stone
The Lost Chapter Clan - Follows Tracks - Lvl 4 Ranger
ReadsVoraciously
Keenspot Despot

Postby BurnsBees on Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:01 pm

"GREAT, A MASS ENCHANTMENT THAT WE CAN'T EVEN TRY TO BREAK."
Drag looks annoyed and fights defensivly.
Beware of the ducks with bombs. They know who you are and they are out to get you.
BurnsBees
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby YoungAndBeautiful on Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:44 pm

Ok, so Burns wants Drags to stay where he is and fight defensively, did I get that right?
And Reads, there is no table on the way from where Tracks is to the stairs. Do you want him to take a detour?

BurnsBees wrote:"GREAT, A MASS ENCHANTMENT THAT WE CAN'T EVEN TRY TO BREAK."

SPOILERS:Well, maybe if you had taken the time to look around in the basement, you might have found something useful...
ATTENTION:
(Goblins and) Goblins Games is moving to a new Forum!

My nickname there will be GathersIngredients, btw.
YoungAndBeautiful
Keenspot Despot

Postby ReadsVoraciously on Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:37 am

Sure, detour to the table nearest the stairs.
Current Games:
ReadsVoraciously
Keenspot Despot

Postby YoungAndBeautiful on Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:04 am

Tracks wants to redecorate the room, but the table is really BIG and heavy. So Shakes and Worst decide to help him, and together they drag the table to the stairs, blocking the space between the banisters. They also manage to bring along 3 chairs in the progess, cramming them at the stairs landing. The food is spilled onto the floor, no one seems to care. Drags just takes a defensive stance.
The possessed goblins all continue to attack everyone except Worst, who is able to stay in the shadows, but luckily follow you around, so at the end of the turn, they are youtside your nice little barricade.
(Dresses, slipping on some of the food on the floor, misses Tracks gloriously, Breaks punches Drags for another 2 damage, Spits misses Drags, Alway pulls out a dagger and slashes Drags for another 1 damage, Talks misses Tracks with his quaterstaff and Slings casts another Ray of Frost, this time at Shakes, dealing 2 damage.)

Being closest to the stairs, Worst points out that they just seem to run into the solid wall below a torch holding. (This doesn't show with top views, but the first picture I posted of this room shows nicely what I mean. Please dont make me redraw it, just ignore the statues, which shouldn't be there anymore, and the missing barricade. ;) )
ATTENTION:

YoungAndBeautiful
Keenspot Despot

Postby BurnsBees on Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:42 am

Drags backs up 5 feet twoards the stairs and stays defensive..
Beware of the ducks with bombs. They know who you are and they are out to get you.
BurnsBees
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby WorstCase on Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:05 am

Worst isn't sure what to do. It's not like she didn't expect this possibility - actually this was the reason, why she told everyone to 'aim high' at any opponents, to avoid hitting illusionary cloaked mad goblins- but to see her friends and the chieftess in this state is as bad as it could be.
Worst counts the opponents from the shadows - Are all missing goblins here?
My first Goblins Fancomic 'Risks &Sideeffects':
http://www.acyn.net/RSE_main.html
The second fancomic 'Heimspiel' can be found here (as well as some other Goblins related fan-art):
http://s756.photobucket.com/albums/xx20 ... se_Comics/
!!!Heimspiel is back!!! At least for now.

And here you'll find the players progress map for the 'Let There Be Hats'-Forumgame:
http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx20 ... g_02-3.png
WorstCase
Keenspot Despot

Postby YoungAndBeautiful on Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:10 am

SPOILERS:You count 6 statues, if you haven't made your will safe yet. How many are you expecting?
ATTENTION:

YoungAndBeautiful
Keenspot Despot

Postby WorstCase on Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:17 am

SPOILERS:That's why I'm asking I kinda lost count how many goblins were in the chieftess' scout group :-? Case would surely know, but I don't have the time to read through all the old posts and it is a bit confusing with so many people suddenly leaving the thread.
Of Dresses, Slings and Talks I know for sure but who else was cosidered to be in that group? Only Spitfire and Breaks?
The second fancomic 'Heimspiel' can be found here (as well as some other Goblins related fan-art):

And here you'll find the players progress map for the 'Let There Be Hats'-Forumgame:
WorstCase
Keenspot Despot

Postby YoungAndBeautiful on Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:23 am

SPOILERS:All the goblins I remember are: Dresses, Worst, Shakes, Talks, Slings, White, Falls, Flames, Drags, Tracks, Gathers, Breaks, Spits and Always.
Gathers stayed back at the clearing, not to endanger you; White, Falls and Flames were supposed to be on long range scouting; Dresses,Talks, Slings, Breaks, Spits and Always are here, fighting Worst, Tracks, Drags and Shakes.
If you have forgotten anyone else, so have I. :wink:
So, yeah, all missing Goblins should be there.
ATTENTION:

YoungAndBeautiful
Keenspot Despot

Postby WorstCase on Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:07 am

Worst inspects the staircase leading up, if it looks to be free (of traps, unblocked) she'll suggest a retreat forward -escaping to the next level and blocking the path so the manipulated goblins can't follow them up.

(I really wanted to explore the basement a bit more, but it wouldn't have been in character at all. Since there were illusions everywhere and the warlock knew what the intruders were up to, Case would have been against a long looting session. Doesn't help to know about it, either, since that is ooc-knowledge.)

WorstCase
Keenspot Despot

Postby YoungAndBeautiful on Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:32 am

Worst finds nothing unusual or dangerous about the stairs, climbs over the chairs back and examines the wall. Although she expects to burn herself when she reaches out for the torch holding, she finds that it is, in fact cool and empty. The burning torch in it was another illusion! She pulls the holding and the wall opens up, revealing more stairs and a beam for barring the door leaning in the way up.
Drags retreats away from the agressive goblins, Shakes and Tracks do their best to keep them from climbing the table and not get hit too much in the meantime.
Dresses and Talks miss Tracks once more, Always hurls another shuriken at Drags, dealing 1 Damage, Break and Spits all miss Shakes, Slings casts another ray of frost at Tracks, dealing 1 damge.

SPOILERS:I didn't mean to taunt you with the remark about something useful to be found in the basement, I just wanted to let you know that I TRY to give you a fair chance and not throw stuff at you you couldn't do a thing about.
ATTENTION:

YoungAndBeautiful
Keenspot Despot

Postby ReadsVoraciously on Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:51 am

"We could set fire to this table to create a flaming wall to prevent them from following us. Worst, do you still have any oil to use to light this table?"

Tracks assists with maintaining and strengthening the barricade before heading upstairs.
Current Games:
ReadsVoraciously
Keenspot Despot

Postby BurnsBees on Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:53 am

"I DON'T THINK THEY CARE ABOUT THEIR SAFTEY RIGHT NOW. I THINK IT'S BETTER IF SHAKES MAKES AN ILLUSION."
BurnsBees
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby WorstCase on Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:55 am

"No I don't have any more oil, sorry that was the only bottle I had.
I'm not sure fire would stop them in this state. But an illusion might indeed do the trick. Shakes can you make it look like we're staying to fight, while in the meantime everybody get up those stairs. And Tracks help me bar the door to lock them in here, once everybody we want to is out of the room!"

WorstCase
Keenspot Despot

Postby YoungAndBeautiful on Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:35 am

WorstCase wrote: once everybody we want to is out of the room!
SPOILERS:I am going to assume that this includes Drags, even Burns though didn't state him moving... :wink:

"I can try," says Shakes, ready to retreat behind the door.Shakes casts Silent Image and then pushes the real Drags with him through the door. Worst and Tracks follow closely and bar the door behind them.
Meanwhile, all the other goblins get one last attack. Dresses misses Tracks once more, Breaks punches Shakes for 1 damage, but luckily doesn't break his concentration, Spits strikes true, but already hits the illusion of Shakes (for freaking 12 damage, in case you wanted to know how lucky you guys just were - Shakes HP total is 13), Always shoots a shuriken god knows where, Talks misses Tracks and Slings lets loose his last ray of frost at Tracks, dealing 3 damage.

ATTENTION:

YoungAndBeautiful
Keenspot Despot

Postby BurnsBees on Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:13 am

*sigh* "CURE LIGHT WOUNDS" Shakes heals 11.
BurnsBees
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby ReadsVoraciously on Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:31 am

Tracks continues up the stairs with the others.

SPOILERS:Burns, I don't think Shakes needs healing since the 12 damage attack hit the silent image, and not Shakes. Shakes only took 1 damage that round.
Current Games:
ReadsVoraciously
Keenspot Despot

Postby BurnsBees on Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:36 am

SPOILERS:Oh.... okay

Drags goes along with the others instead.
BurnsBees
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby YoungAndBeautiful on Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:08 pm

SPOILERS:Shakes is at 7/13 HP atm. Worst has been dealt 4 damage, Tracks a sum of 8 damage and Drags should have gotten 9 damage all in all. Just FYI, in case you want to heal someone. Shakes can also cast one "Cure Light Wounds", if need may be. Just tell him to do so, and he will. He has already spent his other 1st level spell today (the silent image).
ATTENTION:

YoungAndBeautiful
Keenspot Despot

Postby YoungAndBeautiful on Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:28 am

Tracks pushes onward. As he opens the door, the hinges give off a very audible squeak. You can hear slightly muffled cursing and some items hurriedly snatched from a surface.
"What the... ? How did you...? You shouldn't be here yet. Why are you in such a hurry?" the Warlock exclaims as bundles up some items. He throws a vial at the floor next to the goblins, which shatters on contact with the ground, emitting lots of smoke. Then he seemingly walks on thin air, upwards, out of reach. You can also hear creaking of shivering of some sort. (Will safe from everyone please.)

The room from the side:

The positions of the goblins and the warlocks route (the door between the stairs Worst is on and the room is supposed to be open and leaning aggainst the bookshelf; sorry, I caught that mistake only after I uploaded the pic) :
ATTENTION:

YoungAndBeautiful
Keenspot Despot

Postby BurnsBees on Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:57 am

Deathwatch should be up still.

Will save: 8

Drags goes over to the orb and picks it up. 'I WONDER...."
BurnsBees
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby ReadsVoraciously on Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:39 am

SPOILERS:Will Save:

Roll = 11 + 5 = 16
Current Games:
ReadsVoraciously
Keenspot Despot

Postby WorstCase on Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:53 am

SPOILERS:Willsave: 15+3 =18

WorstCase
Keenspot Despot

Postby YoungAndBeautiful on Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:13 am

Drags' eyes widen with fear, and his whole body starts to shake. He turns to flee back through the door you all came through. (You still have time to stop him, if you act now.) Worst and Tracks are unaffected.
Shakes points a trembling hand at one of the griffon statues. "It ... just ... has ... moved." he stammers.

Unsure if Shakes is, too, victim of the cause fear spell, or pointing out a real danger, Tracks and Worst let their gazes follow the direction of Shakes' index finger.

With an earsplitting roar and minor stone splinters flying from it in all directions the statue (on the right side of the room) stretches its wings, hurls the incense bowl it is holding at them (reflex throw to get out of the way in time) and tenses up to jump at them (next round for sure).

SPOILERS:If Drags had time to notice this, the deatchwatch would reveal the following: The skeleton in the cage on the right side of the room is dead, the other cage (left) conatins something alive/healthy and the griffon statue is a construct.
ATTENTION:

YoungAndBeautiful
Keenspot Despot

PreviousNext

Return to Goblins Games