The Lost Chapter Clan

Moderator: Thunt

Forum rules
Forum games go here.

The Lost Chapter Clan

Postby SlingsWords on Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:54 am

In the time before, there was once a clan of Goblins known as the Readers Clan.

The Readers Clan was built upon two simple tasks: first, they were to catalog all they saw about them in the world. To record everything that happened within their view. Second, they were to guard the Dungeon of Reflected Gear, a dungeon that could temporarily create a magical copy of any magical item.

The clan was large and long-lived, facing its share of dangers and attacks like any other goblin tribe. However, this one had been in the business of fighting off experience-hungry adventures so long that they had gotten it down to a near-science. Thus did they live happily and (relatively) peacefully.

They did, that is, until the day an evil band of adventurers cast a spell upon the tribe to make them all forget who they were, giving the band enough of an opportunity to lay waste not only to the clan's warcamp but to their home village as well. A few of the survivors were able to find each other following the devastating attack and, together, found within themselves the ability to acquire class levels.

Setting out, with the guidance of their deity Alestyr, the group was able to exact revenge upon the humans that had done this to them. Succeeding, only barely, in overcoming their enemies, the band of goblin adventurers sealed the Dungeon once and for all, ensuring that no others would be harmed for its power.

With no home and no one left but themselves, the group decided that they were the beginnings of a new tribe, calling themselves the Lost Chapter Clan. Setting out to right wrongs done to other downtrodden races, the group attempts to, hopefully, find a place for themselves in the world.

Characters:

Dresses like a Boy (user: Lanzlo) - newly appointed chieftess of the Lost Chapters Clan. Dresses is one of the most competent fighters the Readers Clan ever had, but she was often sidelined because of her gender. It wasn't until recently did the elders give her a chance to prove herself. Her chosen class is Fighter and her chosen weapon is a scythe.

Worst Case (user: WorstCase) - resident trap expert, tactician, and overal worrier, Worst Case was always preparing for the worst and...expecting the worst out of any situation. Her chosen class is Rogue and her chosen weapon is a mace.

Slings Words (user: SlingsWords) - the Readers Clan's storyteller/writer. Slings was always the daydreamer of the clan, often shirking duties to sit in the branches of a tree and think through a new story. It wasn't until the stakes were high did he exhibit his magical abilities. His chosen class is Wizard and her chosen weapon is magic.

Shakes a Spear (user: knucklekraken) - Shakes a Spear was another of the Readers Clan's warriors, showing great aptitude with, what else, a spear. Also a self-proclaimed ladies man, he often tried to woo them with the "music" he made by swinging his spear through the air. His chosen class is Bard and his chosen weapon is a spear.

Talks No Sense (original user: Says-Nonsense, NPC) -Talks believes that reality is only a product of the minds of several individuals. This wouldn’t be much of a problem if he wasn’t thinking that he was one of those individuals. For example, he is sure that he can "think away" a tree blocking his path. Several crashes with trees in the past have done nothing to change his point of view. Lately, he has come to the conclusion that he is destined to found a new religion for Alestyr, the god of hope. He was fortunate to find a goblin-sized priestly robe in the backpack of a dead adventurer and is wearing this skyblue, soft piece of cloth that makes you think of bathing, all the time. For some reasons he has problems finding followers. His chosen class is Cleric.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a storytelling game. The rules are simple: everyone can write their personal story in the Clan's adventure and the GM (me) only gives basic direction. Feel free to use other people's characters but don't make them act out-of-character unless that character's owner is cool with it. If you need a little more backstory on the Readers Clan, feel free to read the incredibly long thread that's linked in my signature.

Note: This is an alternate timeline to the one Thunt planned for the TF interactive game that eventually got scrapped. In the original timeline, TF showed up to help the Readers Clan fend off the adventurers before they laid waste to their home. This timeline reflects what would've happened if TF never made it to the Readers Clan.

Additional Note: Anyone that already had an existing Readers Clan character can feel free to play them again! :)
"We're so doomed!"
- Slings Words

Readers Clan Story Thread: Here
Readers Clan Fancomic: Risks and Side Effects
Readers Clan Fancomic 2: Heimspiel
SlingsWords
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Re: The Lost Chapter Clan

Postby YoungAndBeautiful on Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:14 pm

SPOILERS:Im writing this as Spoiler because it isnt part of the story.
I would LOVE to participate. I just recently registered in this forum and about two days ago I found this subforum and read through the last Dungeon ditch thread. After the first few pages I yearned to play something similar and I am lurking the forums for a "spot" in a game/story ever since. So, are we supposed to write a whole story of a goblin we imagine here or little pieces that let others the chance to react/interact? Is there a limit to the people who can play? Will there be rules and/or stats for fighting scenes or similar or will we just decide for ourselves if a goblin succedes or fails a given task?

Also. is the name "picks berries" or alternatively "picks a fight" already used by somebody else?
ATTENTION:
(Goblins and) Goblins Games is moving to a new Forum!

My nickname there will be GathersIngredients, btw.
YoungAndBeautiful
Keenspot Despot

Postby SlingsWords on Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:24 pm

SPOILERS:Ah! Welcome and thank you for asking! To be quite honest, I don't imagine anyone having any hard and fast "stats" like an actual D&D game. I envision this more as an interactive/cooperative storytelling. Anyone can decide if something succeeds or fails, as long as it flows with the narrative and makes sense. For example, I could declare that Slings moves in to attack an adventurer and end my post there. The next person, knowing Slings isn't much of a melee fighter, may dictate that Slings was unsuccessful which allows their character an opportunity to attack or that Slings got lucky at the last second which allowed their character to surround the opponent, etc. Whatever you like really! We got into a really good grove with the old Readers Clan threads where we all just played off each other very well and I hope to have that happen here too.

Does that answer your question?
"We're so doomed!"
- Slings Words

SlingsWords
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby SlingsWords on Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:32 pm

SPOILERS:Additionally, your posts can be as short as one sentence of dialog from your character or as long as a whole scene. This is a really open-ended system I'm trying out here so try out whatever you like :)
"We're so doomed!"
- Slings Words

SlingsWords
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby SlingsWords on Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:38 pm

Slings sat casually by the fire they had built. It had been a week since the encounter at the Dungeon, and the group had decided to split and explore the surrounding land. His group included himself, Worst, Dresses, Talks, and Shakes. The other, the long-range scouting party, consisted of White with One, Falls in a Pit, and Goes up in Flames.

It had been an arduous couple of weeks for the poor remains of the Readers Clan. Not only was their tribe utterly wiped out, themselves being the only survivors that they knew of, but they had also engaged and defeated the adventuring group that had annihilated their home and families.

Now, the two groups were traveling further and further from the lands they were familiar with, seeing more and more what they could find in the world.

Slings yawned.

"Tired, darling?" Dresses asked, kneeling next to the fire and poking at their cooking meal.

Slings blushed, one of his usual expressions, "I guess...I guess the excitement of everything has finally caught up with me."

Dresses cast him a concerned look.

Slings, recognizing it, quickly set about allaying her worries, "No, no, I am fine. Just...everything catching up on you, you know?"

At that moment, Worst and Talks returned on their worgs. Dismounting, they harnessed their beasts and turned to the other two.

"Any news?" Dresses inquired.

"No...no signs of any hostility in the perimeter. I set a few rudimentary traps just to be safe, of course," Worst shrugged as she set herself down near the fire.

"Alestyr teaches that one cannot be careful when one is surrounded by tadpoles transforming into flying eels. One's guard must always be up when dealing with such matters of orange."

Slings and Dresses nodded. Talks had a way of making complete sense and no sense simultaneously.

"All right," Dresses said, standing and dusting herself off, "We'll head out in the morning."
"We're so doomed!"
- Slings Words

SlingsWords
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby ThroughTheWell on Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:42 pm

I'd like to add a character for people to play with as they see fit.

SPOILERS:I had this all written up a long time ago back around the village fight IIRC, but I must have moved that file to a different computer, so this is from memory. If I find the file, I may update this. Edit: I found some files, wiped, but dated back to November 2009.

Name: Hobbyhorse
Race: Hobgoblin, maybe mixed with something stronger.
Appearence: maroon (brownish red) skin, black hair. Buckskin shorts and vest. Strong legs. Hardened bare feet.
IME: fast moving red streaks
Class: monk

Hobbyhorse has 2 passions in life, running while carrying things (prefereably other people), and starting his own monistary based on his philosophy that goblinkind needs intelligent fast runners that can carry loads. He does not talk about, may not remember much about his past, or considers his past insignificant, before the twin passions of his life consumed him. One flaw that he has is his overeager and oblivious penchant for talking about his 2 passions with everyone, too much.

Hobbyhorse is not stupid, nor is he a brawler. On one level he is very humble willing to carry anyone anywhere at anytime, and on another level he is very insistent on his vision of founding a group of like minded monks. Unfortunately, he is an unusualy strong specimen, and so other monk canidates may not succed as well as he'd like (carring only 1 person, instead of 2). Still, that may just mean accepting unusual students or training harder.

His prime attribute is strength, probably followed by constitution (but I can't remember clearly). He can carry 2 lightly encumbered goblins. His vest has 2 'pockets' in the back on either side, and some reinforcing/padding. He also has a specialy built open backpack frame to handle the planned trips. He thinks missiliers firing from his back is great, and loves it when he can show up at a fight with the equivelent of 3 reinforcements. Oddly enough though, he'd rather run than fight, if running could rescue friends or bring more friends to the fight, though he is not afraid to fight, he just sees his mission more as a runner first and primarily, then second as an unarmed combatant.

IIRC, one of his first feats is Run, and possibly Endurance. It would certainly help if he had magic items like monks belt, a ring of water walking or pass without trace. Encountering a monks belt might have been the event that inspired him. Eventualy as a monk, he will easily beat fast horses, but he may not add much speed at level 1. Still, he is persistant.

He is nuetral to distainful of worgs, seeking to best them. Similarly, it might be tough for him to resist a race versus a chariot.
ThroughTheWell
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby WorstCase on Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:59 am

"So how's our foodsupply looking, Case?" Dresses asked. Now she was the chief she tended to take things like this slightly more serious.

"Not so good. We still have 2 of the big smoked spiders, but the leftovers of the roasted horsemeat will just be enough to feed the worgs in the morning. We two should go hunting first thing tomorrow." Case replied.

"Maybe Shakes already caught some fish. He said he had found a really good spot. Then we could just send the worgs hunting" Dresses hoped.

"Unless the really good spot refers not to the quantity of fish but to the acoustics of that place."

"I can look for berries and mushrooms! The yummy wont escape the searching one" Talks Nonsense suggested.

"Err... yes?" Dresses replied, casting a meaningful glance at Slings.

"Don't worry, Dresses, I'll go with him. And doublecheck everything he collects, we're quite out of antidotes after all." Slings wispered back to her.

Suddenly Case ears tilted up. "You just heard that?"

Dresses nodded "Could it be Shakes coming back early?"

"I doubt that, he knows to look out for my wires. I'll go check. Stay alert everyone." Case gave her worg Many Tasks a sign and Task followed her silently into the shadows of the trees.

SPOILERS:Okay, someone just ran into an alert- trap. Nothing much hapened, just a small bell is jingling merrily so far. It could be either Hobbyhorse or Picks Berries (no, that name hasn't been used, yet, aside from being mentioned in Thunt's comic as a name example, so it's no problem using it here) it could be both of you, a complete stranger or an enemy. I'll leave it to you guys
My first Goblins Fancomic 'Risks &Sideeffects':
http://www.acyn.net/RSE_main.html
The second fancomic 'Heimspiel' can be found here (as well as some other Goblins related fan-art):
http://s756.photobucket.com/albums/xx20 ... se_Comics/
!!!Heimspiel is back!!! At least for now.

And here you'll find the players progress map for the 'Let There Be Hats'-Forumgame:
http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx20 ... g_02-3.png
WorstCase
Keenspot Despot

Postby YoungAndBeautiful on Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:06 am

SPOILERS:I need a couple of questions answered please.
1.) What time of the year is it? (It wouldnt make much sense gathering berries in the winter)
2.)How far are we from the village? (I thought, maybe I could be a member of the Readers Clan they already know, but I got kinda lost on my mission to gather food, of maybe I went to get something special - coffee maybe? - that is further away and/or I was sent to bring loads of it, so it took me longer. Alternatively I could be a member of a neighboring clan, being sent here with a message or to bargain something.)
3.)How bad is the memory loss and would it make sense for me to be affected, too?
I tried to read into the original story, but I havent gotten very far yet, I didnt have enough time.
4.) Also, is there a list with possible classes somwhere on the internet I could look up? I dont know D&D so well, but I think no class at all yet would be good or maybe druid (later), if there is something like that.
On the name. Dang, I seemed to remember having read it somewhere. I would rather go with "Gathers food and herbs Ingredients", then. I have enough imagination so that I dont need to be a copycat. ^^
:shifty: Yes, I know, my nickname says otherwise, but I was in a hurry to participate in a great Idea someone else had... :smug:

Case carefully and soundlessly moved to the place she had prepared with the tripwire that gave off the sign. It was a little clearing surrounded by tall trees and thick bushes. On the clearing were two baskets, their contents spilled all over the forest floor. For a moment Case wondered in which bush she would find the trap triggerer. Then Task jumped into one of the bushes, growling.
Gasping, a goblin female, on the brink to adulthood came out of the bush, walking backwards slowly and with her hands raised in a protective way, her eyes fixed on the warg. Huddling on her shoulder was a little redish-brown piece of fur, which Task, still growling, was fixing with his eyes. From the corner of her eyes the female goblin shot a glance at Case and asked: "Could you maybe call back your warg, please? It gives my squirrel the hibi jibies. And to be honest, right now, me too."
Last edited by YoungAndBeautiful on Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
ATTENTION:

YoungAndBeautiful
Keenspot Despot

Postby WorstCase on Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:02 pm

Case made a gesture and Many Tasks stopped growling and returned to her side, not stopping to glare hungrily at the squirrel, though.
"So who might you be?" she inquired.

"Erm... to be honest I'm not sure. I woke up in the middle of the forest and there were those two baskets with some berries and herbs inside... and then I just walked around and picked more... never thought about such things as names...but now you mention it ...maybe ... Gathers ...yes... Gathers sounds about right."

"Your story sounds awfully familiar. You are not from the warcamp, I'm certain about that, but maybe from our village. I can't remember you though. I guess you'll better acompany me for now and meet the chief. Get your baskets it's not too far."

'I'm not sure I'm comfortable with that... don't take it personally, but you look kinda... creepy."

"Well you can continue to stumble around here alone if you prefer that more, I HAVE set up traps everywhere around, though, so I wont guaratee for your safety. " Case stated with a grin, before she turned around and walked back into the shadows of the trees, almost instantly disappearing from sight (even for goblin eyes).

"Wait! I'm coming!" Gathers hurriedly picked up her baskets and followed the older goblin girl.

SPOILERS:Well it probably is late summer/begin of autumn. The memorylapse works out for explaining why you are there, well enough I guess. Welcome to the game, don't mind Case though, her people skills are a bit underdeveloped and she doesn't have the fondest memories of the village. and yes there are druids in D&D, you have to be true neutral of alignment to become one, though.
The second fancomic 'Heimspiel' can be found here (as well as some other Goblins related fan-art):

And here you'll find the players progress map for the 'Let There Be Hats'-Forumgame:
WorstCase
Keenspot Despot

Postby SlingsWords on Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:22 pm

SPOILERS:I honestly don't mind how your goblin enters the story. They could be from the warcamp, from the village, or just a random goblin that happened on by. Either way, welcome to the story! BTW, here's a list of base D&D classes circa 3.5 edition http://www.d20srd.org/indexes/classes.htm

Slings had taken the opportunity of Worst's departure to pore over his spellbook, an activity he found himself doing more and more frequently. Dresses was a bit more on-edge, however, pacing back and forth, her scythe held firmly within her grasp. Talks seemed to be off in his own world, occasionally mumbling something even more nonsensical than he was normally known for. Finally, a rustling came from the perimeter as Dresses rounded on it, scythe ready.

Shakes stumbled out of the woods.

"Man! Did you guys pick a tough place to find, or what??" he grinned, spinning his spear one-handed as he entered the camp.

"That's sort of the point," Dresses relaxed at the sight of their companion.

Slings glanced up from his arcane research, "Find any food out there?"

"The seeker knows not what he's found until he finds a need for it but then the seeker must become the finder to become the knower," Talks interjected.

Slings chuckled, turning his attention back to Shakes, "Well?"

"Yeah yeah," Shakes tossed a wet sack onto the ground near the fire, "I got us a bunch of fish. If anything else, this bard stuff made fishin' easier for me!"

Dresses picked up the sack and put it with the remainders of their food stores. Not saying a word, she immediately returned to her pacing.

"What's up with her?" Shakes whispered to Slings.

"She's worried about Worst. One of her alarms went off and she went to check. Being the chieftess is making her really protective of all of us."

"Ah."
"We're so doomed!"
- Slings Words

SlingsWords
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby YoungAndBeautiful on Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:55 pm

On their way back to the others Case took a good look at Gathers. She had dark brown skin and lush green hair, making her almost look like some strange kind of walking, small tree. That is, when she was moving. Back in the clearing, when she stood still, it had been very hard to spot her, she obviously had experience in hiding. She was carrying one of the baskets strapped on her back and the other one with one arm holding it along the rim almost carelessly, even though they were both rather full and presumably quite heavy. (Due to the grim food situation Case could be persuaded to wait a little longer, so Gathers could collect most of the spilled contents back into the containers.) Her clothing, coloured in shades of green and brown, was simple yet practicable and even though it was holding many possibilities to store something there was a noticeable effort of the designer to avoid any unnecessary elements that would only hinder the wearer in thickets and the likes.
Being the goblin she was, Worst Case didn't fail to notice the knife on Gathers' side, which was rather big, but wasn't sheathed right to be ready for combat. She also had a tall wooden staff with a fork on the upper end and a sling attached to it, which she currently employed as a walking stick.

"So, if you're saying that this happened to your war camp a week ago, that could mean that who ever did this to you has come by here recently. Because I'm sure I didn’t aimlessly sit in that clearing for a week," said Gathers, chuckling. "It doesn’t explain why I am still alive, though. I mean, I was all alone, they could have killed me easy enough, probably even without wiping my memory first. Do you think it is possible that the effect of that spell or whatever it exactly was is spreading still, like the ripples in still water after you dropped a rock in it? Or maybe it is an item with an area of effect they are carrying around and I was too close..."
Case was about to answer, but Gathers gestured her to silence. She had slowed her pace the last few steps and now she was standing sill, listening hard, the basket already on the floor beside her. Then, in one smooth motion she put a pellet into the sling and propelled it high into the leaves of a beech. After a satisfying *pock* and some rustling a hazel grouse dropped from the beeches crown. Gathers swiftly attached it to her belt with a loop of string, picked up her basket and focused on Case again. "Now, what did you want to say?"

SPOILERS:Thank you guys for the welcome. I think I have an idea on my back story, but it still needs some working out. So please don't go into where I come from yet. It would make sense that none of the survivors know me.
ATTENTION:

YoungAndBeautiful
Keenspot Despot

Postby WorstCase on Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:08 am

"Not necessarily. The human, who cast that spell is dead. We made sure of that. But we all still suffer from some sideeffects of the memory loss. You could very well have run around here for a whole week without realizing it was that long. What is the last thing you remember before you went into the woods? Oh and don't step on that!
If your memory loss IS new and magical, we do have a problem, definately."

WorstCase
Keenspot Despot

Postby Taberah on Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:15 am

SPOILERS:I never free formed before and I'm pretty sure I would be bad at it. I'm extremely use to stats so if I had a general idea of what level we are it would help me play my character a lot . Yar I'm interested in joining the game and such.
Taberah
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby WorstCase on Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:29 am

SPOILERS:last time we saw our goblins they were Lv2. But any newcomer would start at as an NPC until the chief tells him about taking levels.

If you want you can try this site
http://goonmill.org/millwheel/
there is an online character generator.
It's not a requirement though. (and it's quite bugged and unstable :( , sorry I have no better one),

you can find a list of the feats here:
http://www.d20srd.org/indexes/feats.htm

WorstCase
Keenspot Despot

Postby WorstCase on Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:30 am

SPOILERS:And here is a list of spells:
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/lists/spells

WorstCase
Keenspot Despot

Postby Taberah on Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:04 am

SPOILERS:Ah alright I'll start working on him then. Hopefully it doesn't take too long, I'm kinda busy today.
Taberah
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby SlingsWords on Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:57 pm

(Removed for continuity)
Last edited by SlingsWords on Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We're so doomed!"
- Slings Words

SlingsWords
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Taberah on Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:02 pm

SPOILERS:He's not meant to be intro ed yet, want to get approval first.

Spit Fire (user: Taberah) - the Readers Clan's trouble maker. Spit Fire was the son of of a prominent warrior. However Spit would neglect his training saying he knew what he was doing. Since then his form of combat has been hit it fast as possible, hard as possible. He's always had a tempter and is easy to provoke. People would often compare him to the worgs behind his back. One time someone said it to his face, lets just say goblins have a short lifespan. His chosen class is Barbarian and his chosen weapon is a medium-sized Falcata.

Some personality traits: Bad tempered, Selfish, Stubborn, Disobedient, Violent, Childish. His only good trait is he's loyal to his friends. He doesn't have any though and he's not looking except the worg puppy he lost as a child.

His heirloom item is his dad's trophy sword. Last time he saw it. His dad was using it in battle against the adventures, he hasn't seen his dad or his sword since then. (It's a pretty good item so I'm not starting with it and I'm leaving it up to you guys if I even get it.)

SPOILERS:Warning you might find this part a little dry.I prefer pathfinder compared to dnd 3.5 so I built him using pathfinder rules. I went ahead and explained some things in brackets. Poor goblins, being an npc class kinda sucks can't wait to pick up barbarian. I built this guy using standard creation rules, expect the following. I'm playing an unplayable race(goblin) and I do not have Pc class levels

Spit Fire
Goblin warrior 1 [His class is currently warrior till he takes PC Class levels]
Small humanoid (goblinoid) [Nothing really needs explained here he's a generic goblin]
Init +3; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception –1 [He's decent on the draw, He can see in the dark, and he has slightly below average observation skills]

DEFENSE
AC 14, touch 14, flat-footed 10 (+3 Dex, +1 size) [He's pretty easy to hit right now since he doesn't have armor]
hp 10 (1d10+4) [Not a bad chunk of hp, the average human has 4]
Fort +4, Ref +3, Will –1 [He's above average when it comes to resisting poisons and avoid physical exhaustion, He's not too bad when it comes to dodging those explosions, He has trouble resisting things and certain magics he's easily effected by]

OFFENSE
Speed 30 ft. [Standard speed of a human]
Unarmed strike +0 (1d2+2 lethal damage/x2) [He's has the same chance of a human landing a punch against a human (Though in realtiy he's much better just he's taking a -4 right now for he can do lethal damage), and he does slightly more damage then a human punching a human.]
Unarmed strike, Power attack -1 (1d2+4 lethal damage/x2) [His aim is a little sloppy at this point, but he hits pretty hard. On average he'll take out a commoner in one hit (If he hits)]

STATISTICS
Str 15, Dex 16, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 8, Cha 6 [10 is the average. Str = Strength measures muscle and physical power, Dex = Dexterity measures agility, reflexes, and balance, Con = Constitution represents your character's health and stamina, Int = Intelligence determines how well your character learns and reasons, Wis = Wisdom describes a character's willpower, common sense, awareness, and intuition, Cha =Charisma measures a character's personality, personal magnetism, ability to lead, and appearance.]
Base Atk +1; CMB +2; CMD 15[CMB represents his ablity to do special attacks, So he's ok at disarming, tripping, or grabbing onto someone. CMD represents his ablity to resist such things, He's pretty good at it.]
Feats: Power Attack[He has the ability to hit hard at the cost of accuracy.]
Traits: Berserker, Heirloom Item[Berserker means he can fight longer without becoming exhausted, Heirloom means he has well an heirloom, it's a masterwork weapon which he's automatically proficient and gets a small bonus to hit with it.]
Skills: Ride +11, Survival +3, Stealth +11[He's had both training in ridding animals and survival. Though his natural ability makes his stealth ability surpass his ability to survive in the wild.]
Racial Modifiers +4 Ride, +4 Stealth[Being a goblin makes him naturally good at these skills]
Languages: Goblin
Taberah
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby YoungAndBeautiful on Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:47 pm

"Well, I remember that I went to get something particular, but I don’t know what or how to get there. But I dont think it was the berries. Maybe..." she wrinkled her forehead in thought,"... someone ... sent me? Anyway," she glanced at the lifeless bird dangling from her belt,"I seem to know my way around a forest well enough, maybe I did stay in the woods for a week..." Examining her own outfit and equipment, Gathers went on, more to herself this time:"Bandages, herbs, water skin, a sharp knife, my sling, a bed roll, flint and cinder, a rope... looks like I got everything one needs to survive on their own for a bit with me."

Tasks gave a short sharp bark indicating something was wrong. "Hey, do you smell that, too?" Gathers asked. "Smells like smoke!" exclaimed Case, already dashing in the direction it came from. Gathers was right behind her, and Tasks easily took point.
After a short run they arrived at a little cottage of some kind, or whatever was left of it. The fire was pretty much done with the building and about to go out on its own accord. At the sight of the smoldering ruins Gathers' face fell and she went a bit pale. Without thought she ran into the hut. "Wait!" yelled Case, who didn’t think that anything inside might have survived - or that anything that survived would still be inside, ”Do you have any idea what could happen to you? Besides, it's no use, we are too late."
"But I have got to KNOW," Gathers replied from inside.
Case gave off a resigned sigh and followed the younger goblin into the ruin. After a short while they came out again, unharmed. All they had found on their less than thorough search were burnt furniture, miscellaneous household items in various condition from merely singed to unidentifiable, bits and pieces of some glass equipment, a blackened tea kettle, a big cauldron and lots of debris, since some of the walls and pieces of the roof had come down.
"I really wish I could be sure there was no corpse inside. Even if I don’t have the slightest idea whom I would expect to live here. Yet...somehow this place ... feels like ... home to me... I am not making much sense, am I?" Gathers tried to smile.
"Well none of us did for a while after the memory loss. Some came to sooner, others needed more time. In my mind there are still things that are blurry, but I think there was a wise goblin herb woman, healer or something, that chose to live alone in the woods around here somewhere. I didn't ever come to see her, though . Her name was ... let me think ... Bad Smell or something like that..."
"Overpowering Essence" Gathers whispered, tears in her eyes.

Case was at a loss for something to say. Demmit. Comforting someone who experienced a loss was not her field of expertise. Especially a complete stranger to her, who on top of everything else didn’t even know themselves. After a while Case ventured to say "Maybe you were her apprentice." Her eyes not seeing anything around her, Gathers swallowed and nodded subtly. When Case tried putting her hand softly on the younger goblins shoulder, Gathers rushed into her arms and started crying. "Oh boy" thought Case.

SPOILERS:I don't know if you care about chronology of the posts very much, in the other thread the posts are pretty mixed up. Obviously, this post is supposed to happen before Case and Gathers reach the others. Also, Gathers will take the tea kettle with her once Case has been able to calm her somewhat down.
BTW, is Worst Case called Worst or Case by others? I seem to have seen people use both, doesn't she have a preference?
ATTENTION:

YoungAndBeautiful
Keenspot Despot

Postby SlingsWords on Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:40 pm

Taberah
SPOILERS:Spits seems fine. I see nothing wrong with the character. Just remember that you don't have a class yet until you meet up with us. Otherwise, welcome!

YoungandBeautiful
SPOILERS:You're right. The posts were out of order so I removed mine and saved it to be reposted in proper chronological order. Thanks for the heads up.
"We're so doomed!"
- Slings Words

SlingsWords
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby BurnsBees on Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:04 pm

I'm interested in joining.....
Beware of the ducks with bombs. They know who you are and they are out to get you.
BurnsBees
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby SlingsWords on Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:16 pm

BurnsBees wrote:I'm interested in joining.....

SPOILERS:Welcome! We gladly accept anyone interested in joining. Feel free to come up with a character and post a synopsis/backstory for them and you can integrate them into the ongoing story or one of the existing participants can bring your character in.
"We're so doomed!"
- Slings Words

SlingsWords
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby BurnsBees on Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:33 pm

DragsBodies, he is the goblin to go to when you need a body that needs getting rid of, from adventures to bugs to even goblins. He doesn't ask questions when he brings the bodies to the places they need to be and constantly has a smell of death and constantly dirty or bloody because of his job. He usually takes the bodies to the grave pits that FallsInPits makes. People generally try to stay away from him even when he is needed for something. He also brings the game the hunters take down to the butcher.
Beware of the ducks with bombs. They know who you are and they are out to get you.
BurnsBees
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Taberah on Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:57 pm

SPOILERS:I'm still new at using someone elses character. If I used them incorrectly just let me know. Hopefully everything is alright. I'll get some artwork of spits up sometime during the week. Wooo intro completed.

A dark green goblin walks into the clearing around the the house. Spits had been looking for the perfect spot to have his dinner. Boy did he find it, who doesn't enjoy a meal next to a giant bond fire. Moving closer he could feel the heat coming off from the house. Ah this will work he thought to himself, "Not a bad camp." Spits pulls a bloody rabbit out of his pocket. Just earlier today he had killed it. It was hard to catch, but once he caught it he only had to bang it's head against the ground a couple times.

The two gobins previously distracted till now notice Spits. Just as spits was shoving a stick through the furry rabbit, gathers cries out to him. "What are you doing!? This is someones house." Spits jumped as the voice came out of no were. In a annoyed voice spits replied, "What do you think I'm doing I'm cooking my dinner. I don't care if it's someone's house it's my camp fire now." A bit at a lose for words, "...But..". Case interrupts her, "Shes right. You can't just cook a fire on someones else's house."

Spits stabs his rabbit on a stick into the ground near some of the hotter embers, "I don't know who you think you are. I was here first so this fire is mine. You'll have to go find your own." Case stunned for a bit that he had completely missed the point, "It's not about who found it first. Look I'll show you another fire if you stop using this one." Spits thinks about it for a bit, "Only if I get to cook my food first and you have to clean my rabbit."

SPOILERS:Though spits is being difficult. He'll pretty much follow you guys back to camp if nothings preventing him.
Taberah
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby WorstCase on Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:39 pm

"What a hazzle! Hand that demn bunny over to me!" with that Case used an knife to unerringly gut the bunny like the world worst chef she probably was (now her father's fate was unknown), ignoring all calls from Gathers such as: "Wait! That was edible!" or "No! Don't damage the gall bladder!"

Then she returned the bloody mass to Spitfire with the words "Here you are! Are you coming now? This place isn't safe."

SPOILERS:Oh dear! I foresee that Spitfire and Case will get along really well :lol:

WorstCase
Keenspot Despot

Next

Return to Goblins Games