Saved. :lol:
ME JAM STICK IN STONE. ME CREATE LEVER.

goblin heroes - Completed
threads of reality - in progress
m0rtimer
Keenspot Juggernaut

Re: Random chatter: Suddenly, vampires.

Postby kurik on Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:31 pm

Ah, oatmeal. I shall avengeith thee if need be.

Anyway, I'm looking for a book series I heard some of my friends talkig about, but I can't find it. No clue who the author is, and the name was something like the pulsling saga. Sounded like that anyway. Thought I'd put the word out here, see if any of you could point me in the right directon.
If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little.
-George Carlin

Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform.
-Mark Twain

I thought this must be obvious to everyone else, as it seemed obvious to me; and that, if once it became apparent that we were on the edge, all the Great Powers would call a halt and recoil from the abyss.
-Edward Grey
kurik
Keenspot Despot

Postby SilverMK2 on Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:32 am

Genre? Basic plot outline? :D
SilverMK2
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Haragorn on Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:44 am

Ask here.
Haragorn
Keenspot Despot

Postby nikohl on Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:37 am

Aww, I was unlucky in my quest to join in with Clan Rampage. Never mind, I am sure there will be a spot in a game for me eventually!
nikohl
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby knucklekraken on Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:40 am

Am I the only one who can't look at Asks' game without spoonering it internally?

The Adventures of Gob the Boblin.

Member of the Irregulators. Reticulating splines since 2011.

Here are stats for a player race I created, compatible with 3.5 D&D. Please steal.

SPOILERS:Tasty People
+2 Charisma: Tasty People have strong natural pheromones.
-2 Wisdom: Tasty People have a racial predisposition for making bad decisions.
When faced with an encounter involving a predatory creature, a Tasty Person must make a Charisma Check. If the DC (15) is met, the creature will attack the Tasty Person to the exclusion of other targets who are not also Tasty People who have met this DC. The DC should be modified for monsters with a strong sense of smell, I leave this to your discretion as a DM. The monster is not forced to attack the Tasty Person if doing so would cause it to take an attack of opportunity.
A Tasty Person's starting class should be treated as his favored class.

Tasty People speak Common.
knucklekraken
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby askstoomuch on Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:47 am

:lol:
never saw it like that KnuckleKraken (notice how is switch the first letter of Kraken with the first letter of Knucle i'm a Comedy genius :lol: )
askstoomuch
Keenspot Despot

Postby thinkslogically on Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:25 am

Don't know if anyone's looking for any ideas for a game to run, but I came across this in the MSPA forums and it looks like a pretty cool wee god game. It's got a complete rule-set for folk to follow / modify as required and probably wouldn't take too much effort...

Made a thread about it here:
http://forums.keenspot.com/viewtopic.php?f=136&t=115659
Turning points of data into beautiful lines since 2006

Running:
Lair of the Mountain King: Chapter One
Obsidian Portal Link (character info, inventories, monsters): http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/lair-of-the-mountain-king

Escape!: Open to All.

The Goblin Apprentices! - COMPLETE at Turn 50
thinkslogically
Keenspot Despot

Postby Quarg on Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:35 am

thinkslogically wrote:Don't know if anyone's looking for any ideas for a game to run, but I came across this in the MSPA forums and it looks like a pretty cool wee god game. It's got a complete rule-set for folk to follow / modify as required and probably wouldn't take too much effort...

Made a thread about it here:
http://forums.keenspot.com/viewtopic.php?f=136&t=115659

The graphic editing would be the problem really...
Behold the Power of Cheese

Walks the Night -Scryer
HP: 5/5
Atk: 1 +1 Dagger?
Def: 1

Ubotandal-God of Darkness
Quarg
Keenspot Despot

Postby thinkslogically on Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:42 am

maybe, but it could be as easy as just putting a colour in a hex to represent the ground type which coudl be done in paint and teh cities etc. just need a blob and some text... Could be very simply done I think.

If I didn't have 2 games going already I'd give it a go, but I don't think I have time to manage a new system as well...
Turning points of data into beautiful lines since 2006

Running:
Lair of the Mountain King: Chapter One
Obsidian Portal Link (character info, inventories, monsters): http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/lair-of-the-mountain-king

Escape!: Open to All.

The Goblin Apprentices! - COMPLETE at Turn 50
thinkslogically
Keenspot Despot

Postby askstoomuch on Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:52 am

guys I have a question, like always
remember I while back I ask you a bunch of superhero questions for the book I’m working on well I’m still working on it and it starting to get shape and a decent story :D
but now I face another problem , not physics or powers but names I need a superhero name but I can't come up with a decent one
well it for one of the characters of the "useless superpower superhero group" ( yeah they need a name as well )
his power is that his eye give light 24/7 ( like Cyclops from the x-men but then with flashlights instead of lasers)
a pretty damm hard power to hide from people that's why he pretend to be blind so that he can wear sunglasses all day to hide his eyes
oh and he works in a sunglasses shop. :lol:
I hope you guys are more creative when it comes to naming then i am :D
askstoomuch
Keenspot Despot

Postby askstoomuch on Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:52 am

guys I have a question, like always
remember I while back I ask you a bunch of superhero questions for the book I’m working on well I’m still working on it and it starting to get shape and a decent story :D
but now I face another problem , not physics or powers but names I need a superhero name but I can't come up with a decent one
well it for one of the characters of the "useless superpower superhero group" ( yeah they need a name as well )
his power is that his eye give light 24/7 ( like Cyclops from the x-men but then with flashlights instead of lasers)
a pretty damm hard power to hide from people that's why he pretend to be blind so that he can wear sunglasses all day to hide his eyes
askstoomuch
Keenspot Despot

Postby Warlock on Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:00 am

askstoomuch wrote:guys I have a question, like always

Here you go.
Superhero Name: Lux
"Lux" is the measure of light in an area. For a superhero with flashlights for eyes, that's seem pretty appropriate to me.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lux
Warlock
Keenspot Despot

Postby WorstCase on Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:18 am

@ askstoomuch: How about a slightly less serious name for the character? I suggest 'Gloss'.
My first Goblins Fancomic 'Risks &Sideeffects':
http://www.acyn.net/RSE_main.html
The second fancomic 'Heimspiel' can be found here (as well as some other Goblins related fan-art):
http://s756.photobucket.com/albums/xx20 ... se_Comics/
!!!Heimspiel is back!!! At least for now.

And here you'll find the players progress map for the 'Let There Be Hats'-Forumgame:
http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx20 ... g_02-3.png
WorstCase
Keenspot Despot

Postby YoungAndBeautiful on Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:23 am

Hehe, how about "Shiny"? :lol:
ATTENTION:
(Goblins and) Goblins Games is moving to a new Forum!

My nickname there will be GathersIngredients, btw.
YoungAndBeautiful
Keenspot Despot

Postby askstoomuch on Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:47 am

Warlock wrote:Here you go.
Superhero Name: Lux
"Lux" is the measure of light in an area. For a superhero with flashlights for eyes, that's seem pretty appropriate to me.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lux

that's it Dr lux has a nice superhero feel to it

since your in the naming game already let's continue :lol:
i need one last name for the team Dr lux is on , htis team is not like most other superhero teams the members have not very practival or combat usefull powers but more weird powers, the don't fins crime in the snormal way (look for bad guys, beat the living shit out of them, put them in jail,the badguys breaks out...repeat) but focus on non superhuman villan's the kinds of crooks that the 'real super hero deal with" but they go after the smaller ones like the mob , not by beating them up but by spying on them , learn their plan's and then with the help of the cops put them in the big house :D
askstoomuch
Keenspot Despot

Postby Warlock on Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:48 am

If his superhero costume consisted of a suit of armour with the lights shining out when he opened the visor on his helmet, he could be calls "Knight Light".
:P
Warlock
Keenspot Despot

Postby Quarg on Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:51 am

Nah...Lumen...
Which is the measure of light...
But it has that automatic sissy feel to it like Darcy or Eugene...

Oh and the name of your worthless superhero's should be the Undauntables (which is actually not a word...but who cares...)

Walks the Night -Scryer

Quarg
Keenspot Despot

Postby kurik on Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:52 am

SilverMK2 wrote:Genre? Basic plot outline? :D

*Facepalm* Duh, my bad. Science fiction. Predatory aliens attack earth, their big and kinda stupid.
If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little.
-George Carlin

Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform.
-Mark Twain

I thought this must be obvious to everyone else, as it seemed obvious to me; and that, if once it became apparent that we were on the edge, all the Great Powers would call a halt and recoil from the abyss.
-Edward Grey
kurik
Keenspot Despot

Postby Quarg on Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:55 am

kurik wrote:

*Facepalm* Duh, my bad. Science fiction. Predatory aliens attack earth, their big and kinda stupid.

Are they supposed to be like giant cows from outerspace or something???

Walks the Night -Scryer

Quarg
Keenspot Despot

Postby askstoomuch on Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:05 am

what do you think of
the purgo's
which is latin purgo-to clean, to justify, make that that plural the purgo's
as in the once who clean up after the superhero's and take out the little threads, but just like cleaners civilased life would not be possible without it

what do you think ?
askstoomuch
Keenspot Despot

Postby kurik on Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:15 am

Quarg wrote:
kurik wrote:

Are they supposed to be like giant cows from outerspace or something???

No, just more of their way of thinking isn't as adaptable. They like gold, so people used some as bait for traps, and the aliens went for it. As their people were dying one of them suggested that they were traps, and his commander called him a moron, because food dosn't set traps.

Or something like that.
-George Carlin

-Mark Twain

-Edward Grey
kurik
Keenspot Despot

Postby Quarg on Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:44 am

kurik wrote:
Quarg wrote:Are they supposed to be like giant cows from outerspace or something???

No, just more of their way of thinking isn't as adaptable. They like gold, so people used some as bait for traps, and the aliens went for it. As their people were dying one of them suggested that they were traps, and his commander called him a moron, because food dosn't set traps.

Or something like that.

Humans being more adaptable than alien invaders is oft repeated within science fiction literature. Your asking for a specific needle from a pile of needles there Kurik...

I mean there is that whole set of stories of an alien invasion by a lizard like race who have weapons that can defeat missiles but are incapable of dealing with projectile weapons...And the lizards were not that adaptable or intelligent apparently. (Just Mercs really)

Or the March to the Stars series had aliens who were predatory and fairly dumb...

Was it supposed to be humorous or serious science fiction?

And anything about the author...well known? Obscure?

Walks the Night -Scryer

Quarg
Keenspot Despot

Postby kurik on Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:11 pm

That's the thing, for the life of me I can't remember. I've gotten this info from my friends three different times, but it just won't stick in my brain. The series is called the pulsling saga, or pizling saga, or something like that. I have no clue who the author is, and google has been no help. It's been driving me nuts, but at this point, if you don't know it don't worry about.
-George Carlin

-Mark Twain

-Edward Grey
kurik
Keenspot Despot

Postby knucklekraken on Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:55 pm

askstoomuch wrote:what do you think of
the purgo's
which is latin purgo-to clean, to justify, make that that plural the purgo's
as in the once who clean up after the superhero's and take out the little threads, but just like cleaners civilased life would not be possible without it

what do you think ?

How about The Purgators? It uses that root but is a noun.

Member of the Irregulators. Reticulating splines since 2011.

Here are stats for a player race I created, compatible with 3.5 D&D. Please steal.

SPOILERS:Tasty People
+2 Charisma: Tasty People have strong natural pheromones.
-2 Wisdom: Tasty People have a racial predisposition for making bad decisions.
When faced with an encounter involving a predatory creature, a Tasty Person must make a Charisma Check. If the DC (15) is met, the creature will attack the Tasty Person to the exclusion of other targets who are not also Tasty People who have met this DC. The DC should be modified for monsters with a strong sense of smell, I leave this to your discretion as a DM. The monster is not forced to attack the Tasty Person if doing so would cause it to take an attack of opportunity.
A Tasty Person's starting class should be treated as his favored class.

Tasty People speak Common.
knucklekraken
Keenspot Juggernaut

PreviousNext

Return to Goblins Games