Random chatter: Suddenly, vampires.

Moderator: Thunt

Forum rules
Forum games go here.

Re: Random chatter: Suddenly, vampires.

Postby thinkslogically on Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:18 am

Dlover wrote:What sort of size would it be recommended I have my rooms at if my largest sprite so far is 49X125 pixels?

Depends how much headroom you want them to have I guess, if you're going to do multiple levels within one picture a la LSN's dungeons or just one. My backgrounds are 900x400 in the mountain lair, mostly because the 600x400 I had in the apprentices was a bit cramped if there was a lot going on in some areas. I think that anything over 600px wide will get chopped if it's displayed on a phone - I lose the right side of all images in mine and haragorn's games for example, so might be worth thinking about?
Turning points of data into beautiful lines since 2006

Running:
Lair of the Mountain King: Chapter One
Obsidian Portal Link (character info, inventories, monsters): http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/lair-of-the-mountain-king

Escape!: Open to All.

The Goblin Apprentices! - COMPLETE at Turn 50
thinkslogically
Keenspot Despot

Postby m0rtimer on Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:20 am

thinkslogically wrote:
Dlover wrote:What sort of size would it be recommended I have my rooms at if my largest sprite so far is 49X125 pixels?

Depends how much headroom you want them to have I guess, if you're going to do multiple levels within one picture a la LSN's dungeons or just one. My backgrounds are 900x400 in the mountain lair, mostly because the 600x400 I had in the apprentices was a bit cramped if there was a lot going on in some areas. I think that anything over 600px wide will get chopped if it's displayed on a phone - I lose the right side of all images in mine and haragorn's games for example, so might be worth thinking about?

... My computer is a phone? :gonk:

Yeah, keenspot is a bitch when it comes down to properly displaying bigger pictures.
ME JAM STICK IN STONE. ME CREATE LEVER.

goblin heroes - Completed
threads of reality - in progress
m0rtimer
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Haragorn on Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:08 am

Non-phones can just zoom out. Ctrl+scroll wheel down.
Haragorn
Keenspot Despot

Postby kurik on Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:24 am

And when I'm on my phone, I can just touch the picture and chose 'view picture' and it shows me the whole thing.
If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little.
-George Carlin

Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform.
-Mark Twain

I thought this must be obvious to everyone else, as it seemed obvious to me; and that, if once it became apparent that we were on the edge, all the Great Powers would call a halt and recoil from the abyss.
-Edward Grey
kurik
Keenspot Despot

Postby m0rtimer on Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:41 am

True.

Also, I decided on a more fun superpower. Manipulation of energy into matter and vice versa.

I could either blow up the planet or solve the energy crisis forever. Choices, choices...

m0rtimer
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Dusk9 on Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:52 am

m0rtimer wrote:Also, I decided on a more fun superpower. Manipulation of energy into matter and vice versa.

I could either blow up the planet or solve the energy crisis forever. Choices, choices...

Questions: What type of matter could you make/would you have control over what was made? And would you be impervious to the energy created?

I could easily see that being 'the ability to create useless individual electrons/protons from energy, or turn matter into energy and vaporise yourself in the process' :lol:
Threads of Reality
Hears-Disembodied-Voices
Lvl 1 Berserker ~ Exp: 9/10 ~ HP: 6/6 ~ Atk: 4 (+1~Rage) ~ Def: 4 (+1~50%) (+1~Rage)
Traits: Automatic Combat Rage; Jekyll and Hyde
Tower Game
Dusk ~ Lvl 2 Wraith Rogue ~ Exp: 2/3 ~ Atk: 2 ~ DEX: 1/4 ~ CON 6 ~ HP: 2/8
Skills: Stealth (1DEX/turn); Sneak Attack; Detect Trap (1DEX, R2)
Lair of the Mountain King
Eaten-By-Rabbits ~ HP: 3/5 ~ Atk: 1 ~ Def: 1
Capture the Flag (CTF) ~ on hiatus
Runs-into-Hard-Surfaces ~ Lvl 8 Trainee Attacker ~ Exp: 46/52
Feats: Sprint Awareness 3; Improved Dodge 2; Nimble 1; Sprint Endurance 1
Dusk9
Keenspot Despot

Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown)

Postby m0rtimer on Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:05 pm

Dusk9 wrote:
m0rtimer wrote:Also, I decided on a more fun superpower. Manipulation of energy into matter and vice versa.

Questions: What type of matter could you make/would you have control over what was made? And would you be impervious to the energy created?

I could easily see that being 'the ability to create useless individual electrons/protons from energy, or turn matter into energy and vaporise yourself in the process' :lol:

Well, it would depend on what kind of superhero I'd want to be, wouldn't it? Obviously now I'm going to go for full control, able to make any type of matter, being impervious to the energies I do create, being able to contain said energy...

But just so it's been said, it'd probably be more like what you just said. I'd have one moment in which I shout "Behold my power!" and then I blow up.

Ooh, new superpower! The power to blow up at will (and survive)

m0rtimer
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby thinkslogically on Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:18 pm

I think we need some new games to revitalise the forum... Anyone got anything in the works at the moment or ideas for a quick and dirty forum game we could get started with relatively low effort?

Running:
Obsidian Portal Link (character info, inventories, monsters): http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/lair-of-the-mountain-king

thinkslogically
Keenspot Despot

Postby narie666 on Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:01 pm

I most certainly do, I expect to begin my game at the end of this week or the beginning of next, it is quite massive (as in everybody plays) and will have short update schedule. I hope to bring out the sadistic side of ppl :evilgrin:
narie666
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Quarg on Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:07 pm

m0rtimer wrote:True.

Also, I decided on a more fun superpower. Manipulation of energy into matter and vice versa.

:evil: Stop copying my characters M0rt or I will start putting arsenic in the cheese.

But in reality it would be quite a boring existence solving the energy crisis...the problem is that you would have to convert pico grams per minute of matter to energy to solve the energy crisis...all day every day for forever because more than a pico gram per minute and the planet turns into a nice crispy rock with a lot of carbon dioxide and water in the atmosphere...
(Thermodynamics such actually...)

Or you could just blow up the planet...but surviving without a nice oxygen rich atmosphere and plant base to make you food...or a nice 1 g planet to live on sort of sucks...

M0rt the most overpowered superhero ever...

superm0rt wrote:Halt thief and hand back that purse or I'll turn this planet into a ball of galactic radiation...

:lol:
Behold the Power of Cheese

Walks the Night -Scryer
HP: 5/5
Atk: 1 +1 Dagger?
Def: 1

Ubotandal-God of Darkness
Quarg
Keenspot Despot

Postby kurik on Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:31 pm

narie666 wrote:I hope to bring out the sadistic side of ppl :evilgrin:

Sounds fun, but be careful. Some of us are hideing really sick minds. *cough*me*cough*
If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little.
-George Carlin

Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform.
-Mark Twain

I thought this must be obvious to everyone else, as it seemed obvious to me; and that, if once it became apparent that we were on the edge, all the Great Powers would call a halt and recoil from the abyss.
-Edward Grey
kurik
Keenspot Despot

Postby Dlover on Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:19 am

So Eternal Silence is a mod for Half Life 2 or the Valves Source engine or something, which is completely free. Exact details are on Steam, but it's essentially a multiplayer fps/space warfare game which is apparently similar to Star Wars Battlefront 2, at least in the outer space parts. I haven't played it yet, but a friend has recommended it. Thought I'd pass it along.
Dlover
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby narie666 on Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:59 am

kurik wrote:
narie666 wrote:I hope to bring out the sadistic side of ppl :evilgrin:

Sounds fun, but be careful. Some of us are hideing really sick minds. *cough*me*cough*

Didn't know it yet of you, but I've seen the players in askstoomuch' game, and I know Warlock is just twisted as well, so I have great hopes :D
narie666
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby askstoomuch on Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:05 am

pro tip : dont give your players fire :lol:
askstoomuch
Keenspot Despot

Postby narie666 on Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:24 am

but I WANT them to burn down things :lol:
narie666
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby m0rtimer on Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:40 am

... So. SOPA. Lots of websites "blacked out" to put a fight against it.

Personally, yeah, piracy is a problem, and there needs to be action against it. But SOPA isn't it.

SPOILERS:I fear my games will have to black out as well. But not really. I think. :shifty:

m0rtimer
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby knucklekraken on Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:42 am

I'm blacking out all of my games.

Unfortunately, the only game I'm running doesn't have enough applicants to run. Of course, it's on the other forum, which might be a problem.

Member of the Irregulators. Reticulating splines since 2011.

Here are stats for a player race I created, compatible with 3.5 D&D. Please steal.

SPOILERS:Tasty People
+2 Charisma: Tasty People have strong natural pheromones.
-2 Wisdom: Tasty People have a racial predisposition for making bad decisions.
When faced with an encounter involving a predatory creature, a Tasty Person must make a Charisma Check. If the DC (15) is met, the creature will attack the Tasty Person to the exclusion of other targets who are not also Tasty People who have met this DC. The DC should be modified for monsters with a strong sense of smell, I leave this to your discretion as a DM. The monster is not forced to attack the Tasty Person if doing so would cause it to take an attack of opportunity.
A Tasty Person's starting class should be treated as his favored class.

Tasty People speak Common.
knucklekraken
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby narie666 on Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:00 am

As usual, i'm blanking out, whats SOPA?
narie666
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby m0rtimer on Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:02 am

Just a bill that is going to ruin the internet if it gets released, because the politics behind it don't know how the friggin internet works.

m0rtimer
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby narie666 on Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:04 am

oooooh, that abomination is called SOPA? aaaaaah, ok. Ehm, but since they don't know how the interwebz works, don't u think the damage they can do on the short term can be great, but on the long run ppl will find ways to circumvent the problem?
narie666
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby m0rtimer on Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:07 am

As I said, they don't know how the internet works. There ARE ways to circumvent the act. But doing so brings with it huge problems. So, piracy would continue through the abuse of loopholes, but in doing so become even more unsafe, whilst alot of sites that don't actually have anything to do with piracy can be closed down without any kind of warning.

Atleast, from what I gathered from it.

m0rtimer
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby thinkslogically on Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:57 am

Sod it.

New game.

Running:

thinkslogically
Keenspot Despot

Postby knucklekraken on Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:30 am

I think SOPA is officially dead now. I read an article yesterday... and I can't find it now. I think we still have to worry about the other one, though.

Member of the Irregulators. Reticulating splines since 2011.

Here are stats for a player race I created, compatible with 3.5 D&D. Please steal.

SPOILERS:Tasty People
+2 Charisma: Tasty People have strong natural pheromones.
-2 Wisdom: Tasty People have a racial predisposition for making bad decisions.
When faced with an encounter involving a predatory creature, a Tasty Person must make a Charisma Check. If the DC (15) is met, the creature will attack the Tasty Person to the exclusion of other targets who are not also Tasty People who have met this DC. The DC should be modified for monsters with a strong sense of smell, I leave this to your discretion as a DM. The monster is not forced to attack the Tasty Person if doing so would cause it to take an attack of opportunity.
A Tasty Person's starting class should be treated as his favored class.

Tasty People speak Common.
knucklekraken
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby kurik on Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:11 am

If SOPA/PIPA passes, I wonder if there would be any sort of backlash. The occupy movement kinda just fizzled out, so I gotta question if most people in this country are even capiable of a long term fight anymore. And I don't see anonymous taking this lying down. Of course I don't see them working in people's best interest either.

Hell, maybe I just hope every new thing they come up with to screw us will kick start a revloution.
-George Carlin

-Mark Twain

-Edward Grey
kurik
Keenspot Despot

Postby Dusk9 on Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:24 pm

Want more info on SOPA?

http://www.theoatmeal.com/comics

:lol:

*Note: this will probably only make sense during the blackout day - basically, for those reading this in the future (Hi guys!) that website had a very entertaining blackout clip playing.
Threads of Reality
Hears-Disembodied-Voices
Lvl 1 Berserker ~ Exp: 9/10 ~ HP: 6/6 ~ Atk: 4 (+1~Rage) ~ Def: 4 (+1~50%) (+1~Rage)
Traits: Automatic Combat Rage; Jekyll and Hyde
Tower Game
Dusk ~ Lvl 2 Wraith Rogue ~ Exp: 2/3 ~ Atk: 2 ~ DEX: 1/4 ~ CON 6 ~ HP: 2/8
Skills: Stealth (1DEX/turn); Sneak Attack; Detect Trap (1DEX, R2)
Lair of the Mountain King
Eaten-By-Rabbits ~ HP: 3/5 ~ Atk: 1 ~ Def: 1
Capture the Flag (CTF) ~ on hiatus
Runs-into-Hard-Surfaces ~ Lvl 8 Trainee Attacker ~ Exp: 46/52
Feats: Sprint Awareness 3; Improved Dodge 2; Nimble 1; Sprint Endurance 1
Dusk9
Keenspot Despot

Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown)

PreviousNext

Return to Goblins Games