Random chatter: Suddenly, vampires.

Moderator: Thunt

Forum rules
Forum games go here.

Re: Random chatter: Suddenly, vampires.

Postby SilverMK2 on Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:48 am

My old gaming group had a team of pretty crap superheros/heros called the "Super Happy Adventure Group" (aka "Team SHAG") - always messing up their missions and fighting with each other in the middle of battle :D

You are welcome to use the name for your group. If you search for SilverMKI on deviantart you should be able to see a wallpaper I made for them :D
SilverMK2
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby askstoomuch on Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:26 am

knucklekraken wrote:
askstoomuch wrote:what do you think of
the purgo's
which is latin purgo-to clean, to justify, make that that plural the purgo's
as in the once who clean up after the superhero's and take out the little threads, but just like cleaners civilased life would not be possible without it

what do you think ?

How about The Purgators? It uses that root but is a noun.

that is :D oh and silver i would like a free hug :lol: cool pic btw
askstoomuch
Keenspot Despot

Postby SilverMK2 on Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:36 am

<-----------------------------------------------------[wrap arms around screen here] *free hug* [wrap arms around screen here]----------------------------------------------------->
SilverMK2
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Warlock on Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:28 am

Skyrim Story

OK, so my birthday is next month, but I got my birthday present last week. 40' LCD 1080p TV. WOOT!

I plug it in, turn it on and fire up Skyrim on my PS3. IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL!
I have the brilliant idea to start a new character so I can see Skyrim in all it's beauty from the very beginning. I'm a Khajit Thief, so I sneak all over the place.
Dragon attacks Helgen. Beautiful! :D
Escape from Helgen. Beautiful! :D
Get the Riverwood. Beautiful! :D
Go to White Run. Beautiful! :D
Explore all around Whiterun. Kill some things. Do some quests. Steal over 150 Steel Arrows from guards without getting caught. Etc... etc... etc... All beautiful! :D
Decide to explore a little farther. Bump into some diseased guy and somehow contract it (well that sucks), but everything is still so beautiful! :D
Find the Ritual Stone and kill a necromancer. Beautiful! :D
Find a Stormcloak camp. Beautiful! :D
Head back to White Run, find a temple, get cured. Beautiful! :D
Pick up a few more quests. Beautiful! :D
Go to Embershard mine. Clear it out. Beautiful! :D
Get attacked by mercenaries sent by the White Run guards. Kill them. Loot them. Beautiful! :D
Explore even further. Run into a Spriggan. Kill it. Find a horse. Steal it. Find M'aiq the Liar. Steal Skooma from him. Ride the horse all over Skyrim. Find Riften. Beauti... well, OK, Riften is mostly just gray and depressing, but it still looks really cool on my TV. :D
Realize I forgot to do something. Fast travel back to White Run. Speak with the Jarl. Make my way to Bleak Falls Barrow. (Yes, I forgot that since I had restarted my character I hadn't yet completed the Barrow and talking to the Jarl.) :shifty:
Fast travel to Riverwood. Follow the path up the mountain from Riverwood to the Barrow. Get attacked by a Frost Troll. Die. :o :gonk:
Warlock
Keenspot Despot

Postby arles on Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:49 am

Trolls are a nightmare for low level chars.

I shat on my pants on our very first encounter. Then I got my book about Troll slaying, took it with me to battle and settle the score with that soab.
///I'm a Graphic Designer and I like forum games///
///DeviantART///

Image Image
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ImageDungeon Keeper - Chief | The Awesomesword Wanes | Map
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ImageCrimson Fire | Destiny of the Stonetear Clan | Map
HP: 5/5 | ATK: 4 (+3 Longsword) | DEF: 4 (+1 Leather Armor, +1 Ironclad stompers) | Inventory: Leather Bag. Skull. Goblin Journal.
arles
Keenspot Despot

Postby kurik on Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:11 am

Oh god, trolls. My first character was a mage (sorry if I've said this before) and I didn't realize how crappy the begining spells were, or where to buy more. I knew from experence that I couldn't take a troll on my own. I'm going... somewhere, and my route takes me through a pass between two mountains with ruins there. These ruins also happen to be frost troll central for the whole fricking game. There's like 7-10 of 'em. I start by sneaking through, and I make it about halfway through before I get spoted, at which point I say 'F*k it' and run.

I make it through and come back later for a quest, by which time I'm an unstopable fire chucking killing machine, and I kill them all just because I can.
If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little.
-George Carlin

Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform.
-Mark Twain

I thought this must be obvious to everyone else, as it seemed obvious to me; and that, if once it became apparent that we were on the edge, all the Great Powers would call a halt and recoil from the abyss.
-Edward Grey
kurik
Keenspot Despot

Postby Taberah on Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:19 am

At least you guys saw your first troll. My experience was a short one. I saw some mammoths on my spellblade and went to go kill them(because why not). So I'm kitting them around and all of the sudden I die instantly and their is a horrible troll just looking at my corpse :gonk:
Taberah
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Dusk9 on Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:30 am

My first troll took about five tries to kill (I couldn't avoid it because it was on the only path up the mountain).
I eventually came up with the plan of luring it down the mountain, then letting my companion and a random bystander tank it while I blasted it with fire.

Of course, now I'm high enough level to kill them in just a few sword swings and fire blasts. Burn, uglies, buuuuurrrrrn :evilgrin:
Threads of Reality
Hears-Disembodied-Voices
Lvl 1 Berserker ~ Exp: 9/10 ~ HP: 6/6 ~ Atk: 4 (+1~Rage) ~ Def: 4 (+1~50%) (+1~Rage)
Traits: Automatic Combat Rage; Jekyll and Hyde
Tower Game
Dusk ~ Lvl 2 Wraith Rogue ~ Exp: 2/3 ~ Atk: 2 ~ DEX: 1/4 ~ CON 6 ~ HP: 2/8
Skills: Stealth (1DEX/turn); Sneak Attack; Detect Trap (1DEX, R2)
Lair of the Mountain King
Eaten-By-Rabbits ~ HP: 3/5 ~ Atk: 1 ~ Def: 1
Capture the Flag (CTF) ~ on hiatus
Runs-into-Hard-Surfaces ~ Lvl 8 Trainee Attacker ~ Exp: 46/52
Feats: Sprint Awareness 3; Improved Dodge 2; Nimble 1; Sprint Endurance 1
Dusk9
Keenspot Despot

Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown)

Postby m0rtimer on Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:39 am

Oh, yeah, frost trolls... I can beat them easily now, but that one guy I had to take down up on that path was a pain D:

I managed to kill it after x amount of tries, by getting some backup by going down the mountain as well.

Now I just have to gain a few levels until I can beat that blasted overpowered dragon priest. :grumble:
ME JAM STICK IN STONE. ME CREATE LEVER.

goblin heroes - Completed
threads of reality - in progress
m0rtimer
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby kurik on Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:47 am

The first troll on the path... ugh. Spray with fire, run till mana regens, spray with fire, run till mana regens, spray with fire, let bystander fight it, spray with fire, loot both bodies. :D
If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little.
-George Carlin

Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform.
-Mark Twain

I thought this must be obvious to everyone else, as it seemed obvious to me; and that, if once it became apparent that we were on the edge, all the Great Powers would call a halt and recoil from the abyss.
-Edward Grey
kurik
Keenspot Despot

Postby ArcticTornado on Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:47 pm

Trolls are easy. The real monsters are bears. There was this one bear I came across at like level 3, and I just couldn't kill it. I don't back down from a fight, so I spent about ten saves trying. It was just faster than me, more damaging than me, and tougher than me. EVENTUALLY I killed it, got inside the cave it was guarding, and found there were two more bears inside. Killed them too, eventually. NEVER BACK DOWN. As for the troll on high hrothgar, I spent ages trying to kill it with the beginning spells. It wasn't that it was killing me, it was just that it regenerated faster than I could hurt it. At some point I had the bright idea of using mana potions to give me enough power to flame it to death.

But that's not why I came here.

in a tomb, there were about five silver hand, who murdered my follower who'd gone ahead of me, and then start running at me. I use wall of flames to set a good chunk of the ground on fire in front of them, then hit them with my paralysing sword a couple of times. My health is dropping fast, since I'm primarily a mage, so I activate my slow time shout, and dart around their attacks to hit just about all of them in the back, outright killing a few with the attacks, paralysing others in the fire. I dive out of the fight for a second to heal, and head back in. It's basically just mopping up now, and as the last of them struggle to climb out of the fire and curse me with their dying breath, I notice the music. It's like the slow, high chanting you get in a movie when something really bad happens, and I'm just totally blown away. What I just did was more epic than a movie fight, with the soundtrack to match, and I did it all myself. And that's why Skyrim is the best game ever.
Chief Gets to the Chopper
2/6 HP :: 0/12 Inf
4 Atk :: 5 Def

Inverted Luck
ATK: 4-6 (+2 Brakeblade, +1 Thief Blade, +0/+1 Thief Armor (25%), +0/+1 Short Blade Specialty (50%))
DEF: 6-7(+1 Goblin, +1 Thief Armor, +1 Thick Skin, +0/+1 Leather Helm (50%), +1 Iron Bracer, +1 Iron Bracer)
HP: 5/5
Pack: Very Pointy Pencil, 78 gold pieces, Leather Armor, Dagger, Challenge Note, Random Book, Short Rope
Abilities: Renew (+1 HP, Major Action, touch), Lady Luck (double % chance to most items/abilities, passive).
ArcticTornado
Keenspot Despot

Postby Dlover on Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:02 pm

^The biggest part was that you did it in slow motion.

As for the troll on High Hrothgar, when I went past, I literally dealt 0 damage to it no matter what I hit it with, so I lured it back to the other people, it kills them in a few hits, takes almost no damage. I try leading it to the city so the guards could take care of it, it refuses to leave the mountain. In the end I just ran past it and used Unrelenting Force to stun it every now and then.
Dlover
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Dlover on Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:39 am

Double post because I posted about a day ago and no one would notice an edit.

Olivia Boren is a British (I'm pretty sure) gal who sings and deserves more notice for how well she does so. If you need more reason, she sang Still Alive at one point.
Dlover
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby kurik on Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:51 pm

kurik wrote:That's the thing, for the life of me I can't remember. I've gotten this info from my friends three different times, but it just won't stick in my brain. The series is called the pulsling saga, or pizling saga, or something like that. I have no clue who the author is, and google has been no help. It's been driving me nuts, but at this point, if you don't know it don't worry about.

John Ringo, Posleen saga. God DAMN! That was bugging the crap out of me...
-George Carlin

-Mark Twain

-Edward Grey
kurik
Keenspot Despot

Postby narie666 on Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:55 am

narie666
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby m0rtimer on Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:45 pm

So guys, they are finally moving this forum.

But, a very small problem might occur... I'm still waiting on Thunt's word on the matter, but worst case scenario is that this whole forum game section will get destroyed, deleted into the cruel world of cyberspace. And with it, all games that ever ran on this place.

Now, the question is... If that is the case, will we try to "save" as much as we can? Copy all those updates into a document, and put those on the interwebz?

m0rtimer
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Taberah on Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:21 pm

I would like to try to save them.
Taberah
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby askstoomuch on Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:24 pm

yeah i'm sure going to miss this place :D good times , good times :D

they place were i learned english
made my first game
learn a lot of totaly random stuff , i have need to know but enjoy knowing (yeah that sound about right)

lets make the new forum even better :lol:
askstoomuch
Keenspot Despot

Postby Taberah on Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:29 pm

I'ma going to miss this place too. :< I just got back and I have to say good bye again.
Taberah
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby thinkslogically on Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:34 pm

Aw gutted! We should def try and save what we can I think...
Turning points of data into beautiful lines since 2006

Running:
Lair of the Mountain King: Chapter One
Obsidian Portal Link (character info, inventories, monsters): http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/lair-of-the-mountain-king

Escape!: Open to All.

The Goblin Apprentices! - COMPLETE at Turn 50
thinkslogically
Keenspot Despot

Postby m0rtimer on Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:37 pm

Well, there is no need for panic just yet. Thunt might be able to get just a lock on the forums, which would mean we can still read, just no longer post.

If it does get deleted though, there are a few jewels, like Hats for example, that must be saved. Besides that, I'd say that each DM currently running a game takes one or two days of to copy all that is made so far to the new forum, like ECR is doing now.

m0rtimer
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Taberah on Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:39 pm

Yeah he's a quick one. Dude moves fast already transferred 14 turns over.
Taberah
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby askstoomuch on Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:03 pm

i'm doing the same thing, luckly i have less and smaller updates
askstoomuch
Keenspot Despot

Previous

Return to Goblins Games