Random chatter: Suddenly, vampires.

Moderator: Thunt

Forum rules
Forum games go here.

Random chatter: Suddenly, vampires.

Postby m0rtimer on Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:20 pm

Much to my amazement, even after half a year of this forum existing, there still is no random chatter topic. So hereby, I open this random chatter topic.

The goal of the random chatter topic is, in truth, just a place where you can talk about anything which doesn't have anything to do with any of the other forums, such as things in real life for example. And with this being the goblins games forum, I also hope that this thread may serve as a thread to help linkup to other games out there. I'm not sure how many people of this community are actually gamers, but I know I'm one, heh.

The only thing I dread about allowing on this topic is politics. As far as I know, politics talk only allows for thread derailment. If the majority agrees that it should be an allowed topic however, I won't argue with that.

Now, the reason I started this topic in the first place! (what, you thought this idea was spontaneous?)

Firstly, I've heard that Team fortress two is completely free on steam now. I might be in late on this news, but meh. I will probally try to download it later, though I doubt this crappy computer I have will be able to handle it.

And secondly and finally, in my free time I have mostly been playing terraria lately, and whilst playing solo is all good and well, it'll get boring over time. So I'm wondering, any people out here who still play terraria and would like to start up an small server together? or shamelessly join an allready existing one. I could probally create one, but I would only be able to let it run when I'm online, and I'm not good at those kind of things.

Well, here's hoping this thread will serve his actual use. Have fun. :)
Last edited by m0rtimer on Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:05 pm, edited 5 times in total.
ME JAM STICK IN STONE. ME CREATE LEVER.

goblin heroes - Completed
threads of reality - in progress
m0rtimer
Keenspot Juggernaut

Re: Random chatter

Postby knucklekraken on Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:23 pm

I own Terraria, but have only played solo, like, one day. I might be interested in joining a server.

Member of the Irregulators. Reticulating splines since 2011.

Here are stats for a player race I created, compatible with 3.5 D&D. Please steal.

SPOILERS:Tasty People
+2 Charisma: Tasty People have strong natural pheromones.
-2 Wisdom: Tasty People have a racial predisposition for making bad decisions.
When faced with an encounter involving a predatory creature, a Tasty Person must make a Charisma Check. If the DC (15) is met, the creature will attack the Tasty Person to the exclusion of other targets who are not also Tasty People who have met this DC. The DC should be modified for monsters with a strong sense of smell, I leave this to your discretion as a DM. The monster is not forced to attack the Tasty Person if doing so would cause it to take an attack of opportunity.
A Tasty Person's starting class should be treated as his favored class.

Tasty People speak Common.
knucklekraken
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby BurnsBees on Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:28 pm

I don't really play it anymore, I got bored after a few days. I've also stopped playing mc for a bit (which I really should get back in the game).

I'm currently at my aunts and she is really annoying and likes to hear herself talk a lot. But it's better than doing chores constantly around the house. The unfortunate part is that the internet here is limited.
Beware of the ducks with bombs. They know who you are and they are out to get you.
BurnsBees
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby PSychotic on Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:39 pm

i don't got terreria or a decent computer. i do have a 360 and live. can't wait for dragon age 2's legacy dlc. gonna download it and play the shit out of it.
Shi' Arri, Decroi, Canton, Sicoh, Tig, Jack, and Mack.

The Dread Pirate Scarrrgh, Kobold Pirate ..... dead just like half his crew
Lisps, Goblin Defender ..... Feats: Improved Tackle 2, Tackle Stamina 2, Improved Dodging 1
That Nameless Guy, Undead Warrior ..... STR 5 DEX 3 CON 3 ..... HP ?/? ..... 4 Throwing Knives, Axe (+3), Heavy Leather Armor (5/5)
Shiny, Not So Dead Goblin ..... ATK 1 DEF 1 ..... HP 5/5
Jack-Of-All-Trades, Lucky Goblin ..... ATK 0 DEF 1 ..... HP 5/5 MP 5/5 ..... Spells: Buff/Debuff, Thief!, Acrobatic F@#king Pirouette!
Bringer-Of-New-Times, Goblin Teller ..... ATK 1 DEF 1 ..... HP 5/5 ..... Spells: Heal

Hosting a Cave of Doom
PSychotic
Keenspot Despot

Postby kurik on Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:51 pm

I've got a 360 but no live. (I know, my life is a lie.) But you know what's awesome? Mass Effect 3 and Bioshock Infinity.

As for politics, I say let it in, but rule it that if it gets out of hand, people gotta take it to PM's. Maybe like if three people openly complain. Worst case, thread dies or gets locked and we start another one with a no politics rule and the names of those who screwed it up for everyone else. Like those bastards who blew their hands off with a firecracker so now I can't buy anything but smoke balls, snakes, and sparklers.
If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little.
-George Carlin

Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform.
-Mark Twain

I thought this must be obvious to everyone else, as it seemed obvious to me; and that, if once it became apparent that we were on the edge, all the Great Powers would call a halt and recoil from the abyss.
-Edward Grey
kurik
Keenspot Despot

Postby knucklekraken on Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:53 pm

I'm sure Worst Case won't have anything to do with it.

Also, I'm going to complain openly anytime anybody says anything I think sounds political. I'm also voting to ban it.

Here are stats for a player race I created, compatible with 3.5 D&D. Please steal.

When faced with an encounter involving a predatory creature, a Tasty Person must make a Charisma Check. If the DC (15) is met, the creature will attack the Tasty Person to the exclusion of other targets who are not also Tasty People who have met this DC. The DC should be modified for monsters with a strong sense of smell, I leave this to your discretion as a DM. The monster is not forced to attack the Tasty Person if doing so would cause it to take an attack of opportunity.

knucklekraken
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby PSychotic on Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:58 pm

me3. oh my god me3. i am so happy that it got pushed back into 2012. because that means it won't be competing with skyrim and it's going to be even more amazing. i am just so psyched for it. i really only have one problem with me3: ashley. she doesn't even look like herself in me3. she looks like a miranda-replacer.
Shi' Arri, Decroi, Canton, Sicoh, Tig, Jack, and Mack.

The Dread Pirate Scarrrgh, Kobold Pirate ..... dead just like half his crew
Lisps, Goblin Defender ..... Feats: Improved Tackle 2, Tackle Stamina 2, Improved Dodging 1
That Nameless Guy, Undead Warrior ..... STR 5 DEX 3 CON 3 ..... HP ?/? ..... 4 Throwing Knives, Axe (+3), Heavy Leather Armor (5/5)
Shiny, Not So Dead Goblin ..... ATK 1 DEF 1 ..... HP 5/5
Jack-Of-All-Trades, Lucky Goblin ..... ATK 0 DEF 1 ..... HP 5/5 MP 5/5 ..... Spells: Buff/Debuff, Thief!, Acrobatic F@#king Pirouette!
Bringer-Of-New-Times, Goblin Teller ..... ATK 1 DEF 1 ..... HP 5/5 ..... Spells: Heal

Hosting a Cave of Doom
PSychotic
Keenspot Despot

Postby knucklekraken on Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:08 pm

I'm so looking forward to Skyrim and the new Bioshock I can't stand it, even though I never finished the other Bioshocks due to my policy of never finishing games.

I'm... somehow less excited about the new ME. Maybe because I played ME2 out so quickly and then did the same with DA2. (I've beaten every game in both series. My policy can go to hell.) I haven't even been able to make myself play any of the dlc for ME2.

I'll get back into it, I'm sure.

knucklekraken
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby BurnsBees on Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:13 pm

Pha. The only things I have is a ds and a game cube. And the game cube was fairly recent. 20 dollars? Hell yes. That and the games are a lot cheaper.
Beware of the ducks with bombs. They know who you are and they are out to get you.
BurnsBees
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby m0rtimer on Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:21 pm

Well, this is working out nicely! :)

I have something to say though...

PS3.

PLEASE DON'T KILL ME! :gonk:

m0rtimer
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby knucklekraken on Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:26 pm

Heh. Rich kid. I have a 360, a PC, and Steam. You and your fancy graphics can, er. Go. Enjoy yourselves somewhere. Or something.

Yeah.

knucklekraken
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby PicksUpSticks on Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:40 pm

I got my phone...

And a computer at work :lol:
Threads of Reality
Picks The Plan - Goblin Warrior
Level 1
Tower Game
Zombie Picks Up Sticks - Zombie Shaman
Cantrips/Inflict - 1 | Debuff/Buff - 2 | Suggestion - 3
Clan Rampage
Breaks A Leg - Goblin Knee Basher
Alive and stupid.
Goblin Heroes- PicksUpSticks - Completed
PicksUpSticks
Keenspot Despot

Postby kurik on Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:50 pm

PSychotic wrote:me3. oh my god me3. i am so happy that it got pushed back into 2012. because that means it won't be competing with skyrim and it's going to be even more amazing. i am just so psyched for it. i really only have one problem with me3: ashley. she doesn't even look like herself in me3. she looks like a miranda-replacer.

Eh, that could be true, but my question is, is Ashley going to be bad I F*ed Miranda. That and can I gat my infinite ammo guns back? Please? Boomsticks wern't even worth it in 2.
If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little.
-George Carlin

Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform.
-Mark Twain

I thought this must be obvious to everyone else, as it seemed obvious to me; and that, if once it became apparent that we were on the edge, all the Great Powers would call a halt and recoil from the abyss.
-Edward Grey
kurik
Keenspot Despot

Postby ReadsVoraciously on Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:23 pm

If we're talking about Bioware games...totally looking forward to The Old Republic...just sayin
Current Games:
Clan Rampage - GM - Come check it out!
Capture the Flag - Nose-In-A-Book
The Awesomesword Wanes - Thinks Twice - Teller/Heal-Bitch
The Clan of the Connected Mesh - Casts the First Stone
The Lost Chapter Clan - Follows Tracks - Lvl 4 Ranger
ReadsVoraciously
Keenspot Despot

Postby madmartin26 on Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:33 pm

starting a terraria server sounds great! i got the game about a moth ago, but i've never been able to play multiplayer. :( as for game system, the only one ive played is PS3, so i cant really make any comparisons. :)
Studies Everything He Can Get His Hands On, Threads of Reality
Lives in the Forest, Capture the Flag
Thinks Too Much, Destiny Of The Stonetear Clan
Climbs Trees, The Awesomesword Wanes
madmartin26
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby WorstCase on Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:28 am

I only considered buying a PS3 briefly, there were next to zero games for it, which interest me, it's not copartible to my PS2 or PS games, it's far too expensive and I don't own a tv that could handle even half the graphic power.
Honestly I'm considering to rather buy an SNES. At least I know there are lot's of great games around for that.
My first Goblins Fancomic 'Risks &Sideeffects':
http://www.acyn.net/RSE_main.html
The second fancomic 'Heimspiel' can be found here (as well as some other Goblins related fan-art):
http://s756.photobucket.com/albums/xx20 ... se_Comics/
!!!Heimspiel is back!!! At least for now.

And here you'll find the players progress map for the 'Let There Be Hats'-Forumgame:
http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx20 ... g_02-3.png
WorstCase
Keenspot Despot

Postby Kide on Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:05 am

Politics is fine with me, it usually is something that is banned from everywhere though, in my opinion though if you can talk about in a civil manner, it's fine to talk about.... unfortunatly flame wars just start a bit too often because of it etc. Not that mutch my cup of tea though.

Oh god... I hate Dragon age 2... It's just... abondoned a lot of what I liked of those kind of role playing games, in favor of voice acting and all of that kind of stuff.... not my prefered game anymore, I rather play old computer games (like baldurs gate 2 and alike), whitch are way better because nostalgia factors of course, and well... They just are better.... Though I donät think I should talk too mutch about it, in bioware forums there was talk about "elitist" computer players vs "console" players when the game was released. I just find it being a shame that there arenät really good rpg games for a computer anymore. I ecpesially complaint about the tactical camera being made in to a lot worse than in dragon age 1, whitch is a very important featur for me personally, and someone just said that the game mechanics were the same as in the first one.... (no it isn't, if you can see the whole thing from one view and now turn it all over the place, it ain't the same thing). But no more of this.... ^^

We shall see how bethasdas game shall be.
"I aint no fancy damn supernachral terrer. I got guts and blood, an its too damn easy to spill em both."
-A goblin, from the Dungeon Keeper's dungeon.

Betrays A Friend
HP:1/5 * ATK:5 * DEF:4 * APP: 10

Hides in leaves
HP:10/10 * ATK:11 * DEF:20 * CHR:+8
Equipment:
Leather boots: DEF +1, CHR +1
Thief's cloak
Magical scimitar: +8 ATT
Intricate chestplate: +6 DEF +3 CHR
Holy armguards: +3 DEF +1 CHR
Holy helmet: +6 DEF +3 CHR
Abilities: Tracking, Driving skills, Animal Handling, Jousting, Singing, Dodging, Weapon profiency, Stealth, Animal friend: +0.5x travel speed, and increased power with animal related skills.
Spells: Breathe life (Can cure any plant. Or heal an ally, restores 1 HP each turn for 3 turns), Plant control: Control any vegetation around you. (defensive and offensive maneuvres), Growth: Makes plants grow around you (Once every 4 turns), Empower: Allows you to strongly empower another spell freely (once an day)
Mighty horse: El Diablo +2 Att/Def, 2x travel speed.
Kide
Keenspot Despot

Location: Land full of lakes and snow.... Also called Finland.

Postby knucklekraken on Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:06 am

Just as well buy a Wii. You can get almost all the good SNES games for it.

knucklekraken
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Dlover on Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:56 am

... Why has no one done this?!
http://www.mspaintadventures.com/

Now that that's settled; I'm beginning to think I'm the richest person here, despite the fact I have no money.
PS3 and a TV that can run the graphics at full.

I own DA, and played a bit of Terraria on a friends computer, though I don't own it.

Anyhoo, I don't mind politics talk (abstain), but, if it was even an option to begin with, I vote against religious talk. That will just get people angry.
Dlover
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby m0rtimer on Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:01 am

knucklekraken wrote:Heh. Rich kid. I have a 360, a PC, and Steam. You and your fancy graphics can, er. Go. Enjoy yourselves somewhere. Or something.

Yeah.

It's true, I admit it. Though I didn't really have much choice in the matter, as it was a gift and it felt hardly justified to still get an 360 afterwards. Well, I guess it was an exchange, not an gift. I've got it from an uncle who said he'd be willing to buy one of the new PS consoles, if we gave him his old one so he could use that one instead. Offcourse stupid me thought it was the full PS3 with playback compability, but turned out they had recently released a "slim". :grumble:

Yes, I basically got ripped of by my own uncle. Oh well, I like the controls for the PS3 better then the 360, though I'll have to admit I've never really played the 360. (only on a few occasions) And I've got a few good (relatively old) games, so I'm good.

m0rtimer
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Dlover on Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:05 am

*highfive*

I find the Xbox controllers a bit large. Though the guys I know who have an Xbox have unnaturally large hands, and think the PS3 controller is too small.
Dlover
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby knucklekraken on Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:07 am

I think those guys have normal hands and yours are just small. :P

knucklekraken
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Dlover on Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:10 am

Perhaps, but my hands are still bigger than anyone I know who doesn't own an Xbox. Which is all of them except for maybe three.
Dlover
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Kide on Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:15 am

We have the playstasion 3 as well with my boyfriend, but we play very rarely with it. ^^ (works more as a DVD/blue ray player) We have a great computer too, plays games really well with highest graphics... boyfriend wanted to safe for it. We play with it definitly way more than with playstasion 3, but it is an ok system. I have almost played okami the most with it, so not even a playstasion 3 game..... ^^
"I aint no fancy damn supernachral terrer. I got guts and blood, an its too damn easy to spill em both."
-A goblin, from the Dungeon Keeper's dungeon.

Betrays A Friend
HP:1/5 * ATK:5 * DEF:4 * APP: 10

Hides in leaves
HP:10/10 * ATK:11 * DEF:20 * CHR:+8
Equipment:
Leather boots: DEF +1, CHR +1
Thief's cloak
Magical scimitar: +8 ATT
Intricate chestplate: +6 DEF +3 CHR
Holy armguards: +3 DEF +1 CHR
Holy helmet: +6 DEF +3 CHR
Abilities: Tracking, Driving skills, Animal Handling, Jousting, Singing, Dodging, Weapon profiency, Stealth, Animal friend: +0.5x travel speed, and increased power with animal related skills.
Spells: Breathe life (Can cure any plant. Or heal an ally, restores 1 HP each turn for 3 turns), Plant control: Control any vegetation around you. (defensive and offensive maneuvres), Growth: Makes plants grow around you (Once every 4 turns), Empower: Allows you to strongly empower another spell freely (once an day)
Mighty horse: El Diablo +2 Att/Def, 2x travel speed.
Kide
Keenspot Despot

Location: Land full of lakes and snow.... Also called Finland.

Postby m0rtimer on Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:40 am

Allright, some good news and some bad news concerning the terraria server.

The good news is that it turned out to be easier then I thought it would, and I now have an server online. I will try to keep it open whenever I can, and if you want the IP just send me an message. (I'm not too comfortable just saying it in the open)

And then comes the bad news... It'll probally be crap, since my computer is crap. I've been saving for completely replacing it, since it's neccesary. So whilst I will honestly try to keep the server running whenever I can, I fear it'll soon enough turn out that's not possible. If you want to try despite of this, just drop me a pm. Currently playing and it goes allright, though I'll only be sure once there are some actual players :P

edit: scratch what I said, this crappy computer just can't handle it. I'm going to have to look for other solutions. I'll keep you guys posted if still interested.

m0rtimer
Keenspot Juggernaut

Next

Return to Goblins Games