SPOILERS:Lost In Thought, in Hats.

YoungAndBeautiful wrote:
SPOILERS:Also, what is PIPA and SOPA ?
Haragorn
Keenspot Despot

Re: The Awesomesword Wanes

Postby YoungAndBeautiful on Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:11 am

SPOILERS:Which version of Hats is that?
And I already knew about the SOPA/PIPA acts, I just temporarily forgot about them and falsely assumed that there might be a forum game or a web comic with the same acronym or something. :oops:
But thank you for linking to it, anyway. :)
ATTENTION:
(Goblins and) Goblins Games is moving to a new Forum!

My nickname there will be GathersIngredients, btw.
YoungAndBeautiful
Keenspot Despot

Postby Haragorn on Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:13 am

SPOILERS:Hats, not LTBH.
Haragorn
Keenspot Despot

Postby Imp on Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:34 am

Hides His Face

Image If the others remain Hides will join them in the well proven and time honored tactic of "goblin pile" on the King.
Last edited by Imp on Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Imp
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby ReadsVoraciously on Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:31 am

SPOILERS:I can't remember if the Target armor can be conditioned or not, but maybe it would be simpler to just have Keeper always direct one of the king's attacks his way, and have Listens loan the wormhide armor to Thinks for this battle. That would make a single crit do no damage to Thinks, and as long as Keeper makes sure 2 attacks don't land, Thinks will be able to heal the other goblin attacked. On another note, it might be the wisest action to retreat, consolidate our defensive gear onto a small group of goblins, and try again after healing.

If the King attacks a goblin twice, Thinks will heal that goblin. If the King splits his attack, Thinks will heal the goblin that doesn't receive a healing potion, or the goblin that takes the most damage if the healing potion conditional doesn't apply.
Current Games:
Clan Rampage - GM - Come check it out!
Capture the Flag - Nose-In-A-Book
The Awesomesword Wanes - Thinks Twice - Teller/Heal-Bitch
The Clan of the Connected Mesh - Casts the First Stone
The Lost Chapter Clan - Follows Tracks - Lvl 4 Ranger
ReadsVoraciously
Keenspot Despot

Postby YoungAndBeautiful on Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:22 am

SPOILERS:The target armor can not be conditioned. Keeper has to specify one goblin (by name) and will be able to protect him. It will take his action away, so you guys'd lose another attack, in addition to Figths'.
So, guys, I agree with Reads, it might be prudent to withdraw for now, heal/gear up and come back later. I don't want any more deaths to happen to any of you, and the potion plus the teller's heal would at least secure that no one dies while fleeing. The wall maze in the next room would also stop the king from persuing you, as Sarge is already wating to throw the switch.
Anyway: good luck you guys, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for all of you to survive!
ATTENTION:

YoungAndBeautiful
Keenspot Despot

Postby superfiver on Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:53 pm

Image Hope this works

Listens: Brings his sword back reading for a thrust and lowers down and like a string thru a needle, Listen Thrust thru the key handle and stabs into the king and lets go of the blade. Hopefully the kings skin be soften up a bit from our attacks that the blade can go in deep enough to stay in a bit. I know this won't always work but in this situation making sure the king is unable to make another attack is important to the victory and survival of the clan.

Listens will let go of the blade regardless if the blade pierces into the king or not and Listens will make this attack two handed for better chance of this working with or without his shield as necessary.
superfiver
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Zathyr on Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:38 pm

So, if we want to get a couple more goblins down there (correct me if I'm mistaken):
- Sarge and I could both pull the grey lever this turn while Don't ... I think talking to the Ringsmif counts as an action, but you should still be able to move one room. After the lever-pulls, the top floor of the door maze should be passable.
- Next round, Sarge heads out and around and Don't heads in, getting on the top floor and just on the other side of the grey. Then I pull the grey lever again and the two can jump down and be ready to rush in.
- 2 rounds from now, Don't and Sarge and come down and attack.

Or we could shave off a turn if we change some actions:
- Sarge could come in though the middle entrance this turn and hop/pull himself up to the ladder and top level. Meanwhile I pull the grey lever and Don't forgoes talking to the ringsmif and does nothing but move.
- Next turn Don't moves into the lever area and 1 pull of the grey lever so Sarge can cross to the other side, then second pull of the grey lever and he can hop down and join the stack attack.

I'm not seeing any better/faster options for getting more folks down there. Anyone else? An extra goblin down there next round might help. Sarge with his stack attack tactic, especially if Don't loans him the ring and I could loan him my greatsword (if he wants to stow his shield) would be some decent damage coming in. An extra two goblins 2 rounds from now - if the fight lasts that long, I'd think/hope the king would die from the attacks of the goblins already down there.

Still haven't heard from Keeper so if the order is to retreat/regroup this is all kind of moot. Either way I should post some kind of an action, eh?
Wanders Off in The Awesomesword Wanes
HP 2?/5 | ATK 4 (base 1 + Greatsword +3) | DEF 4 (base 2 + Armour Torso +2)
Tactics: Attention Whore (+1 ATK and DEF when fighting alone)
(Cursed) Mask Of Screaming
Zathyr
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Zathyr on Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:50 pm

Wanders Off

If there's no retreat sounded and Sarge decides to head down there, Wanders offers him the greatsword and will head into the lever alcove and pull the grey lever.

Otherwise, Wanders heads in and stays ready at the grey lever for whenever the goblins below come back up here. If they come up, once they're all past the first grey area he'll flip the lever to open a way through and help block off any pursuit.
Zathyr
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby arles on Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:01 pm

Dungeon Keeper

If everyone retreats, I retreat. Otherwise, I attack the king.

I hope you can actually give me a potion...

Also I hope to get a crit of my own this turn.
///I'm a Graphic Designer and I like forum games///
///DeviantART///

Image Image
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ImageDungeon Keeper - Chief | The Awesomesword Wanes | Map
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ImageCrimson Fire | Destiny of the Stonetear Clan | Map
HP: 5/5 | ATK: 4 (+3 Longsword) | DEF: 4 (+1 Leather Armor, +1 Ironclad stompers) | Inventory: Leather Bag. Skull. Goblin Journal.
arles
Keenspot Despot

Postby ThinkingOfNames on Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:13 pm

Neither Fights nor Listens are retreating, so i suppose we stand and hope for the best.

Wanders: If you don't mind I would borrow your boots as well, worry not: I will give everything back when we next meet.

*Sarge heads left and get to the top level, after a silent nod to Wanders ESP planning, and stands ready to fly to his Clan mates' rescue at the earliest opportunity.*

I would still recommend at least a temporary withdrawal and regrouping.
ThinkingOfNames
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Zathyr on Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:50 pm

The boots were Climbs' and I returned them to him, so he would have to rush down here to lend them to ya before you move.
Zathyr
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby ThinkingOfNames on Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:33 am

Nevermind then. Forgot to refresh the roster...
ThinkingOfNames
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby LoneStarNorth on Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:18 pm

Climbs turns his Iron Ring and a Vargouille Essence into a Ring Of The Vargouille! This ring DOES grant wings, but takes away just about everything else in the process. Oh well, it surely has its uses. All those out-of-reach chests won't be so out of reach NOW, will they?

"Wow, that looks kind of weird."
"What? Sorry, I have to strain to hear you over the sound of my ears flapping."
"It's a shame some outsiders are so anatomically ridiculous."
"Yeah."

Don't starts heading back towards the group. The Ringsmif is unable to answer questions about polymorph rings, as he's never actually made one before. Apprentice, you know.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!"

The Kobold King attacks Chief Keeper twice, as he is clearly the King's opposite number amongst your group. However, between Thinks' healing powers and Fights healing Potion, Keeper survives just fine.

"That would've been a nice time for a crit."
"Yeah, but what are ya gonna do?"

Hides and Listens lock eyes and nod. It's time for them to use their SECRET COMBO TECHNIQUE, previously unmentioned and promptly forgotten once used!

"SCISSOR!"
"DECAPITATION!"
"ATTACK!"

The Kobold King has been slain. Loot drops. Nobody has dibs.
-Greatsword
-Full Plate
-2 Picks
-Kobold Crown

RING OF THE VARGOUILLE
Lose the ability to use any gear not worn on the head, but gain +1 Atk, +1 Def, and flight. Your attacks also have a 25% chance to cause the target to lose their next action.

SPOILERS:Do any other Goblins have SECRET COMBO TECHNIQUES? Only time will tell.*

*SECRET COMBO TECHNIQUES aren't a real mechanical feature of the game.
LoneStarNorth
Keenspot Despot

Postby madmartin26 on Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:33 pm

"Darn, i was kinda hoping for something i could wear all the time, but i can at least help by reaching that chest."

Climbs flies over to the previously inaccessible chest and tries to open it. If opening the chest doesent seem feasible(no arms seems like kind of a problem) he will remove the ring once he is hovering over the ledge, and open the chest once he touches down.

Oh well. At least the ring is green! Also, could i get my close up pic in the roster changed to polymorphed me? The picture looks really cool. :)
Last edited by madmartin26 on Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Studies Everything He Can Get His Hands On, Threads of Reality
Lives in the Forest, Capture the Flag
Thinks Too Much, Destiny Of The Stonetear Clan
Climbs Trees, The Awesomesword Wanes
madmartin26
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Nioca on Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:03 pm

Image "YES!" Fights is exuberant. "Are you feeling alright, Chief?"

Image After giving the kobold king's corpse a good kick, he turns to the others. "Since you guys did most of the work up here, I'm leaving this loot alone until you've finished dividing it amongst yourselves. I am, however, going to check out the contents of that chest down there." Fights climbs down the ladder and loots the chest.

SPOILERS:We did it! :D

Don't forget, there's a leather armor on the bottom floor that didn't get looted. Thinks could probably use it. Also, if we could dual-wield those picks like the king, whoever did that would be rather terrifying in combat indeed. But I'm guessing that was probably a king-only thing.

One other thing I'm wondering; I just noticed that we've got an owlbear cowlwear, a pair of owlbear paws, and owlbear leather armor. I'm wondering if those all combine, similar to how the armour Wanders is picking up pieces for.
ImageFights a Losing Battle (#FFAA11) | The Awesomesword Wanes | TAW Roster
HP: 2/5 | ATK: 3 (Base 1 + Longsword 2 + NYPME 2) | DEF: 4 (Base 1 + Owlbear Hide Armor 2 + Buckler 1)
INVENTORY: Longsword (+2ATK), Owlbear Hide Armor (+2DEF), Buckler (+1DEF), CLW Potion (Heal 2), Iron Ring
SPECIAL: Tactic NYPME (+2ATK @ 1HP)

Cowers in Shadow (#1C0041) | Curse of the Gold
HP: 5/5 | ATK: 1 (Base 0 + Knife 1) | RTK: 3 (Base 2 + Javelin 1) | DEF: 3 (Base 2 + Clothing 1)
SKILLS & TRAITS: Agile (+1DEF, Evasion & Parry Focus), Wary Mind (-1ATK, +1RTK, Hiding/Cover Bonus)
EQUIPMENT: Leather Clothing (+1DEF), Knife (+1ATK), Dark Gray Beret, 3x Javelins (+1RTK, MinDmg 1), Backpack
INVENTORY: 3x Bandages (Stabilize), 10 Arrows, Handheld Grindstone, Short Bow (+1RTK, 75% MissChance), 20 Arrows, Small Healing Potion
Nioca
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Imp on Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:08 pm

Hides His Face

Image "Spoils for everyone!"

Until a better plan is devised, Hides will slip into the full plate and investigate the odd looking portion of the wall to the left. He hopes there is not wyvern behind it.

SPOILERS:If we find another imp we absolutely have to make it into a ring for Hides so he can get the awesome RECURSION! powers. :P

Wow, we're starting to accumulate a lot of gear.

I wonder, if Hides/Chief can dual wield picks would their attack bonus apply to both?
Last edited by Imp on Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Imp
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby arles on Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:19 pm

Dungeon Keeper
Nioca wrote:Image "YES!" Fights is exuberant. "Are you feeling alright, Chief?"

Image "Yeah, I'm fine... I'm VERY HAPPY nobody of you guys died in this fight. That's a relief."

Image "Now, we REALLY gotta hurry up. We have to restore The Awesomesword before the Clock of Death reaches 00 again, or we'll be in BIG trouble."

I pick up the Kobold Crown and then head downstairs to examine the odd looking door.
///DeviantART///

Image Image
HP: 5/5 | ATK: 4 (+3 Longsword) | DEF: 4 (+1 Leather Armor, +1 Ironclad stompers) | Inventory: Leather Bag. Skull. Goblin Journal.
arles
Keenspot Despot

Postby Zathyr on Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:58 pm

Wanders Off

*"Sorry Sarge, looks like they finished up without you.

Oh, and I have an idea with that key, but I don't know if it's a good one or not. It's either a great idea or a terrible one. Just hear me out. Or, well, this is ESP. Think me out? Whatever. Goblin Key Relay! If we want to get the key to the door in the old rope room, we could space ourselves out every room or two along the way and relay the key along and get it to the door lickety split! Maybe. Maybe it won't work, and maybe the mask can keep up with the key, but I doubt it can attack everyone. It only attacked the kobold king earlier. Just an idea. Think it'd work?"*

Wanders pulls the grey lever then absentmindedly ambles left as he thinks to the clan.
Zathyr
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby superfiver on Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:29 pm

Listen's pick up the GreatSword. "Sometimes, they don't know when to stop"

Image We Won! We survived!

Image Curse would be glad.

Image I am going to check out the next room to see what's around.

Listens picks up the Great sword and goes to thru the door to the left. With shield and mimic ready

SPOILERS:Also when people are ready to take the key let me know so I can prepare to take out the mask with the mimic blade hopefully with a couple other blades ready we can one shot this mask.
superfiver
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby YoungAndBeautiful on Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:57 am

Image"Hurray, nobody (except the hostile kobolds) died! If there is a spare armor to go around, I'd be glad to get it. Also, I think that the key relay idea might work, but we should get healed up a bit before trying that, just in case. And could somebody please investigate that big door with the 4 dots on it? Unless you already have done that...
I wonder if the paralize effect would work on the Phanto?"

Actions:
Don't will move down and right, as far as the obstructions allow him, towards Chief and the others.

SPOILERS:Somehow, I don't think that you can open that gray hatch/door just like that, you may need a lever or something. But I have been wrong before, and I Sure hope that I am this time, too. :lol:
ATTENTION:

YoungAndBeautiful
Keenspot Despot

Postby ReadsVoraciously on Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:43 am

Thinks heals Keeper.
Current Games:
Clan Rampage - GM - Come check it out!
Capture the Flag - Nose-In-A-Book
The Awesomesword Wanes - Thinks Twice - Teller/Heal-Bitch
The Clan of the Connected Mesh - Casts the First Stone
The Lost Chapter Clan - Follows Tracks - Lvl 4 Ranger
ReadsVoraciously
Keenspot Despot

Postby arles on Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:48 am

Dungeon Keeper

Image "Oh, thanks again, Thinks. We would ALL be dead by now if it wasn't for you."

MAP UPDATED!
///DeviantART///

Image Image
arles
Keenspot Despot

Postby ThinkingOfNames on Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:35 pm

*Sarge heads to the lever room to help Wanders lever pulling when the kobold slaying group head back*

Unless you guys prefer to have me head in so that i can act as back up or something?
ThinkingOfNames
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby LoneStarNorth on Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:42 pm

VERY IMPORTANT NEWS:

The Goblins forum has moved, so this game is on a temporary break. Since I don't think anything from this forum is being officially imported to the new one, I guess I'm going to have to do it manually... unless someone wants to volunteer? Arles did a good job with the LDD pdf and notimportant did a very nice compilation thread of the same. If nobody wants to, I'll just take care of it. I'll also probably "import" my other games. So if anyone wants to save me the trouble, speak up today. Preferably someone who's been in my games, since I know you guys are reliable.

There will be one more update in this thread, to resolve all these action posts hanging about (it will also appear in the new thread obviously). Afterwards you MUST post in the new forum and thread. This "final" update will happen within a couple of days.
LoneStarNorth
Keenspot Despot

PreviousNext

Return to Goblins Games