The Awesomesword Wanes

Moderator: Thunt

Forum rules
Forum games go here.

Re: The Awesomesword Wanes

Postby Nioca on Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:02 am

arles wrote:Oh, I didn't see Fights was attacking the King too.
He's not. He's finishing off the Scaleborn, THEN going after the king.

EDIT: Added quote, since it's a new page.
ImageFights a Losing Battle (#FFAA11) | The Awesomesword Wanes | TAW Roster
HP: 2/5 | ATK: 3 (Base 1 + Longsword 2 + NYPME 2) | DEF: 4 (Base 1 + Owlbear Hide Armor 2 + Buckler 1)
INVENTORY: Longsword (+2ATK), Owlbear Hide Armor (+2DEF), Buckler (+1DEF), CLW Potion (Heal 2), Iron Ring
SPECIAL: Tactic NYPME (+2ATK @ 1HP)

Cowers in Shadow (#1C0041) | Curse of the Gold
HP: 5/5 | ATK: 1 (Base 0 + Knife 1) | RTK: 3 (Base 2 + Javelin 1) | DEF: 3 (Base 2 + Clothing 1)
SKILLS & TRAITS: Agile (+1DEF, Evasion & Parry Focus), Wary Mind (-1ATK, +1RTK, Hiding/Cover Bonus)
EQUIPMENT: Leather Clothing (+1DEF), Knife (+1ATK), Dark Gray Beret, 3x Javelins (+1RTK, MinDmg 1), Backpack
INVENTORY: 3x Bandages (Stabilize), 10 Arrows, Handheld Grindstone, Short Bow (+1RTK, 75% MissChance), 20 Arrows, Small Healing Potion
Nioca
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby arles on Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:06 am

arles wrote:Oh, I didn't see Fights was attacking the King too.

Oh, I didn't see LISTENS was attacking the King too.
:oops:
///I'm a Graphic Designer and I like forum games///
///DeviantART///

Image Image
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ImageDungeon Keeper - Chief | The Awesomesword Wanes | Map
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ImageCrimson Fire | Destiny of the Stonetear Clan | Map
HP: 5/5 | ATK: 4 (+3 Longsword) | DEF: 4 (+1 Leather Armor, +1 Ironclad stompers) | Inventory: Leather Bag. Skull. Goblin Journal.
arles
Keenspot Despot

Postby Zathyr on Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:36 pm

YoungAndBeautiful wrote:
SPOILERS:Iirc, we have 2 iron rings. We would have to enchante at least one of them with polymorph - preferably to imp, because they have hands - to reach the chest on the ledge.
It might be fun/useful to make a ring of polymorph to vargouille, to be able to paralyze opponents - e.g. the squid thingy... :evilgrin:
With entchanting rings with items I would wait with until we actually have (good) gear to spare. We still lack decent def items for everyone. Also the def items could be traded with the wall breaking kobold.

Image"So, are we going to the ringsmith now, or are we trying to get through the maze in order to help the guys battle the kobold king?" Don't asks via ESP and waits for an answer.
Actions:
If the others want to go for the kobold king, he will ask Sarge for the rope, and if he receives it, double move right alone.
If he doesn't get the rope, he'll instead double move right and down.

*"Well it's going to take a few lever pulls to get through the door maze. I get the feeling they'll have things wrapped up before we can even get there, but I suppose working together we might be able to get one or two through to help them before the king drops. I don't think they really need the help, though. Chief, if you want the extra backup, let us know. Otherwise personally I suggest you head to the Ringsmif, Don't."*

SPOILERS:Also, you and Climbs should each have an iron ring, and Fights down there should have a 3rd. So, 2 you can get enchanted now, with one more when they're done down there.
Wanders Off in The Awesomesword Wanes
HP 2?/5 | ATK 4 (base 1 + Greatsword +3) | DEF 4 (base 2 + Armour Torso +2)
Tactics: Attention Whore (+1 ATK and DEF when fighting alone)
(Cursed) Mask Of Screaming
Zathyr
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby LoneStarNorth on Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:15 pm

Don't, now with a Rope in addition to all his other crap, arrives at the Ringsmif room.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!"

The King attacks Chief Keeper with both Picks. Though he doesn't score any crits, he DOES knock Keeper down to 1 Hp! Fortunately Thinks is nearby to bring him back up to 2. Keeper and Listens both attack the King, dealing minor damage. The Key Guardian circles the area, not attacking, but keeping a close eye on the Key.

Fights and Hides all but slay the Scaleborn, which in turn is not able to harm them.

SPOILERS:Looks like this battle is wrapping up. Unless the King has like a hundred Hp. Which he might. Nobody knows... nobody but me.

:smug:
LoneStarNorth
Keenspot Despot

Postby superfiver on Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:47 pm

Image Hey king you might want to surrender, the rest of our clanmates are heading this way. Unless you feel confident you can take on 10 of us very well equipped goblins.

Listens attacks the king again with his mimic blade.
superfiver
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby arles on Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:51 pm

Dungeon Keeper

Image "AUCH! How lame do you have to be to fight with pickaxes!?"

I attack the King.
///I'm a Graphic Designer and I like forum games///
///DeviantART///

Image Image
ImageDungeon Keeper - Chief | The Awesomesword Wanes | Map
ImageCrimson Fire | Destiny of the Stonetear Clan | Map
HP: 5/5 | ATK: 4 (+3 Longsword) | DEF: 4 (+1 Leather Armor, +1 Ironclad stompers) | Inventory: Leather Bag. Skull. Goblin Journal.
arles
Keenspot Despot

Postby ThinkingOfNames on Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:22 pm

*Sarge moves right and then down while trying to stop Wanders' screaming from giving him too much of a headache by covering his ears with his hands.*
ThinkingOfNames
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby madmartin26 on Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:38 pm

Climbs double moves to the ringsmif room, ready to enchant his ring next turn.

So, does anyone else want to have the imp soul for their ring? If so, that's fine(Wanders and Don't obviously have first right, seeing as they fought for it, and i don't mind if any of you other guys want it), but if no one else wants it, I'd like to have it.

Edit: also, is the roster up to date?
Studies Everything He Can Get His Hands On, Threads of Reality
Lives in the Forest, Capture the Flag
Thinks Too Much, Destiny Of The Stonetear Clan
Climbs Trees, The Awesomesword Wanes
madmartin26
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Zathyr on Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:23 pm

Looks like the roster isn't quite up to date, as it doesn't reflect the items that were handed to Don't.

Wanders Off

*"Err, sorry Sarge. I'd love to stop it, believe me."*

Wanders also heads right and down.
Wanders Off in The Awesomesword Wanes
HP 2?/5 | ATK 4 (base 1 + Greatsword +3) | DEF 4 (base 2 + Armour Torso +2)
Tactics: Attention Whore (+1 ATK and DEF when fighting alone)
(Cursed) Mask Of Screaming
Zathyr
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby YoungAndBeautiful on Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:11 am

Don't uses the rope to get up to the ringzmif. Image "Hello there! A colleague of mine has visited you earlier and you said you'd entchant iron rings for us without fee. I have here this lovely ring and the essence of an imp in this outsider essence trapper, so can you make me a ring of polymorph to imp, please? Could you also enlighten me about it's properties, please?" (e.g. Has it limited duration, or does it work as long as you have got it on your finger, will stop working when you take it off, and work again, when put on again; will your equip that you are wearing polymorph with you, can he predict what properties of the creature will the ringbearer be able to use - especially if there is a chance to get the paralysis ability of the vargouille, will the ring be usable by anyone, even if another used it before, ...)
If they say they'll make the ring for us, Don't hands over the ingredients. "When will it be done, please?"
If the ring is ready this turn already Image"Whoa, that was fast. Thank you very much." and it has unlimited use, and it does not bind with the soul of the first person putting it on (or other such nonsense that would render it unusable for others), Don't will drop all his gear to the ground (except the ring of course), and use the ring. If he still has time, he'll pick up his buckler and fly up and throw it at the chest. (Could still be a mimic!) If he has still time after that, and the chest is not a mimic, he'll loot it.

@ LSN; Sorry for making it so complicated, but I really wouldn't like to mess things up for my co-players.

@Climbs: We could trade rings afterwards, but seeing that you are a pretty heavy attacker atm, it might be wasteful to have you polymorph to an imp, especially if your equip moprhs with you, but you don't get the stats for it.
ATTENTION:
(Goblins and) Goblins Games is moving to a new Forum!

My nickname there will be GathersIngredients, btw.
YoungAndBeautiful
Keenspot Despot

Postby madmartin26 on Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:06 am

Okay, that makes sense, for some reason i thought the ring gave you some qualities of the outsider soul you used(like the ability to fly), not turned you into that outsider. :)
madmartin26
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Imp on Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:52 am

Fights can handle the Scaleborn by himself, right?

Hides His Face

Image Hides will finish off the Scaleborn with
Fights.
Last edited by Imp on Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Imp
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Nioca on Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:37 am

Imp wrote:Fights can handle the Scaleborn by himself, right?

Fights can probably annoy the Scaleborn by himself, but anything more would involve actually letting a point of damage through so he went berserk.

Also, just me, but I'd use the shield at the top of the ladder so as to contribute from a distance, rather than closing with the king. Your call, though.

Image "You're still standing? That can't be right..." Fights attacks the kobold again.

SPOILERS:Yep, roster had some errors last update. They have been (hopefully) fixed.
HP: 2/5 | ATK: 3 (Base 1 + Longsword 2 + NYPME 2) | DEF: 4 (Base 1 + Owlbear Hide Armor 2 + Buckler 1)
INVENTORY: Longsword (+2ATK), Owlbear Hide Armor (+2DEF), Buckler (+1DEF), CLW Potion (Heal 2), Iron Ring

HP: 5/5 | ATK: 1 (Base 0 + Knife 1) | RTK: 3 (Base 2 + Javelin 1) | DEF: 3 (Base 2 + Clothing 1)
SKILLS & TRAITS: Agile (+1DEF, Evasion & Parry Focus), Wary Mind (-1ATK, +1RTK, Hiding/Cover Bonus)
EQUIPMENT: Leather Clothing (+1DEF), Knife (+1ATK), Dark Gray Beret, 3x Javelins (+1RTK, MinDmg 1), Backpack
INVENTORY: 3x Bandages (Stabilize), 10 Arrows, Handheld Grindstone, Short Bow (+1RTK, 75% MissChance), 20 Arrows, Small Healing Potion
Nioca
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby madmartin26 on Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:25 pm

Nioca wrote:
SPOILERS:Yep, roster had some errors last update. They have been (hopefully) fixed.

I believe i should have the boots of kickass, in that case. :)
madmartin26
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Nioca on Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:35 pm

SPOILERS:
madmartin26 wrote:
Nioca wrote:Yep, roster had some errors last update. They have been (hopefully) fixed.
I believe i should have the boots of kickass, in that case. :)
*headdesk* And Don't should have the rope.

Will be fixed next roster update. I prefer to not update the roster twice in one turn.

Nioca
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby YoungAndBeautiful on Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:37 pm

SPOILERS:Yes, and it has been established by or gracious GM that Don't doesn't have the armor right arm anymore. Since he meant to pass it to Wanders, I think it might be safe to assume it got there.
Nicoa, don't mint that Don't has the rope, as it will be hanging on the ledge next turn anyway. ;)
ATTENTION:

YoungAndBeautiful
Keenspot Despot

Postby ReadsVoraciously on Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:22 pm

Thinks heals whomever takes the most damage. If no one takes damage, he heals Listens.
Current Games:
Clan Rampage - GM - Come check it out!
Capture the Flag - Nose-In-A-Book
The Awesomesword Wanes - Thinks Twice - Teller/Heal-Bitch
The Clan of the Connected Mesh - Casts the First Stone
The Lost Chapter Clan - Follows Tracks - Lvl 4 Ranger
ReadsVoraciously
Keenspot Despot

Postby LoneStarNorth on Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:36 pm

"I'm getting really tired of your little healer."

The King strikes both Keeper and Thinks, and manages to crit them both! Keeper begins to pass out, but Thinks selflessly heals the Chief rather than himself. Now they're both at 1 Hp. The King again takes some minor damage.

Fights and Hides slay the Scaleborn Kobold. They should be able to weigh in on the battle with the King next turn.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!"

"Hello there! A colleague of mine has visited you earlier and you said you'd entchant iron rings for us without fee. I have here this lovely ring and the essence of an imp in this outsider essence trapper, so can you make me a ring of polymorph to imp, please? Could you also enlighten me about it's properties, please?"
"Well, I don't know the EXACT properties of a polymorph ring until I've made one. Like I said, they only KIND OF work... I'm still an apprentice, actually. But it won't be cursed or anything like that! It just changes your shape while you wear it."
"Okay, cool. When will it be done?"
"Right now! Go ahead, try it on!"
"Okay..."

"Oooh, very striking, sir."
"Yeah, I feel a lot more powerful! I was kind of hoping for wings, though..."
"Not much I can do about that, I'm afraid. The ring does what it does. Sorry. Perhaps you have another iron ring to spare? I notice you have some other kinds of outsiders in your trapper..."

RING OF THE IMP
Gain +1 Hp, +1 Atk, +1 Def, and fire immunity.

SPOILERS:Naturally, Goblins don't wear magic rings on their fingers.
Last edited by LoneStarNorth on Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LoneStarNorth
Keenspot Despot

Postby CrystalOfRoses on Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:38 pm

LoneStarNorth wrote:Update incoming.

If you don't have a SOPA / PIPA snark, I will be dissapoint. :D
My Opinion on Facebook: As presented by XKCD
CrystalOfRoses
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby ThinkingOfNames on Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:44 pm

He already has. What do you think that cursed screaming mask as always been?

;P

And now i really want to find an iron ring...

I think a general retreat order would be wise at this point in time... We should regroup get that Vargouille ring and heal up some, maybe even feed that switch maze Kobold to the Barghests or something...

*Sarge shalls stand in the switch control room, waiting by the blue lever switch, if the King slaying group retreat past it and the king pursue, Sarge will attempt to ward off the pursuer with a well time switch pulling.*
For now, that's my action.
Last edited by ThinkingOfNames on Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ThinkingOfNames
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby madmartin26 on Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:20 pm

"Yep! we've got a few more rings. Would you mind enchanting this one with one of the vargouille essences?"

Climbs asks the ringsmif to enchant his ring with the vargouille essence.

Awesome ring Don't! And now you have the most HP of anyone, heck, if you tried on the cowl, you would have 8hp! :D
madmartin26
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Nioca on Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:23 pm

Image Fights looks up at the raging battle above with concern. "This is not looking good."

Image "It's now or never, though, right?"

Image Fights charges up the ladder. "HEY, KING KOBULDGE! YOU LEAVE OUR
TELLER ALONE!"

IF any goblin gets damaged twice, Fights will force-feed that goblin a Cure Light Wounds potion.
ELSE IF two goblins take damage this turn, Fights will force-feed a Cure Light Wounds potion to the injured goblin the Teller does NOT heal (this includes himself).
OTHERWISE (Or if using a potion leaves Fights with a main action) he launches himself at the Kobold King, sword-first.

SPOILERS:Alright, I think I've got the king's attack figured out. He has a Base ATK of 3, with the picks granting him +1 or +4 on crits. That means he does either 4 or 7 damage each swing. Focused on a single target, that's 8, 11, or 14 damage.

That means three things. First, when his attention is split and he doesn't crit, the only goblin he can hurt is Thinks, the teller (who would die without healing). Second, if he does crit, the only goblin that can survive without healing is Listens. Third, if he locks both attacks on a single target, the only goblin that can survive at all is Listens, and he'd need healing to do it.

Fortunately, I have an idea. It's an action to use a potion, but nothing says you have to use it on yourself. Therefore, since I've got the lesser ATK of the group, I'm conditioning my action so as to try to heal one of the downed goblins if the kobold king scores a double-kill (or focuses his attacks on Thinks). It might be invalid, but if it works, it should hopefully buy us one clear turn for our attackers to make a full assault before being forced to retreat.

On a related note, if anyone's going to try the Awesomesword against the King (It'd have to be Listens or Fights), it's either Awesome now, or forever hold your peace. (Or pieces, depending on how the battle goes)

EDIT: Okay, think I've got the conditionals properly conditioned now.

EDIT 2: Roster updated, hopefully it's correct. Also, if everyone decides to retreat, Fights will retreat as well.

Also also, I didn't change Don't's portrait to the imp thing, simply because I was unsure if Don't was actually going to keep the Ring of the Imp.

Nioca
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby knucklekraken on Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:45 pm

SPOILERS:Might somebody ask Smiffy if he's ever made other rings before and what those do exactly?

Member of the Irregulators. Reticulating splines since 2011.

Here are stats for a player race I created, compatible with 3.5 D&D. Please steal.

SPOILERS:Tasty People
+2 Charisma: Tasty People have strong natural pheromones.
-2 Wisdom: Tasty People have a racial predisposition for making bad decisions.
When faced with an encounter involving a predatory creature, a Tasty Person must make a Charisma Check. If the DC (15) is met, the creature will attack the Tasty Person to the exclusion of other targets who are not also Tasty People who have met this DC. The DC should be modified for monsters with a strong sense of smell, I leave this to your discretion as a DM. The monster is not forced to attack the Tasty Person if doing so would cause it to take an attack of opportunity.
A Tasty Person's starting class should be treated as his favored class.

Tasty People speak Common.
knucklekraken
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby ChroniclerC on Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:02 am

LoneStarNorth wrote:Image

SPOILERS:Huh, reminds me of someone...
Image Image Image
ChroniclerC
Keenspot Deity

Postby YoungAndBeautiful on Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:43 am

LoneStarNorth wrote:Image

*jawdrop*

:o

:smug:

:evilgrin:

ABSOLUTELY FRIGGIN' AWESOME! 8)
SO worth the wait fo a close-up of Don't.
Whether or not Don't holds onto that ring, I want that pic up in the roster, a.s.a.p., please.
Also, LSN: nice touch on making this an EAR ring, instead of wearing it on the fingers...
And the look on the ringzmifs face is absolutely gorgeous, especially with the "Montgomery Burns - excellent" like hand gesture. :D

Actions:
ImageDon't will, after recovering from this incredible evolution of events and himself, thank the ringzmif effusively, and ask him, if he has ever made a ring of polymorph to vargoille, and, if so, what the properties of that one were. Then he'll pass the essence trapper to Climbs so he can decide for himself whether he wants to get his ring entchanted or not, depending on the answer they get. After that Don't will (double) move left and down, if he still can.
SPOILERS:Dang, now I need to make a whole new set of emoticons of Don't with an earring, red eyes and little horns. :lol:

ChroniclerC wrote:
SPOILERS:Huh, reminds me of someone...

SPOILERS:Could you please elaborate?

CrystalOfRoses wrote:If you don't have a SOPA / PIPA snark, I will be dissapoint. :D

SPOILERS:Also, what is PIPA and SOPA ?
Last edited by YoungAndBeautiful on Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
ATTENTION:

YoungAndBeautiful
Keenspot Despot

PreviousNext

Return to Goblins Games