New Dawn Ex-Cons

Moderator: Thunt

Forum rules
Forum games go here.

Re: New Dawn Ex-Cons

Postby MadBoat on Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:48 am

sure. I only got one going on atm...
Last Ditch Dungeon: Teller Hideous Mole SWEET GLORIOUS VICTORY!
Escape from Brassmoon: Sarus, Foe of the Floating Maw ESCAPED! WOOT!
Crappy Art Cave of Doom: Mops Up : DIED AT THE HEIGHT OF MY GLORY! HOW NOBLE!

Loot!:Herr Henry von HeffleHocken, Hobgoblin Hero
WND: 4
ATK 9: 1 (Hero) + 2 (mighty pen) + 6 (pipe of Badassery)
DEF 2: 0 (Hero) + 1 (Leprechaun Lamp) + 1 (Accounts Ledger)
FAB 14: 0 (Hero) + 4(Leprechaun Lamp) + 2 (mighty pen) + 6 (Accounts Ledger) + 2 (pipe of badassery)
Gear: s1: Leprechaun Lamp(Creates Rainbows! Creates light! 30% chance for Moar Lewt!)
s2: Pipe of Badassery (Makes you a badass! Also makes you talk like Helen Keller!)
s3 Accounts Ledger (Giant friggin' blank book! Very pretty! Contains Blank Paper Pages of Potential!"
s5: Mighty Pen( 5% chance to break swords! +1 Def against swords! Creates caligraphic characters on command!"
MadBoat
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Warlock on Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:03 pm

OK, I'll put my name in the hat.

Also, if chosen, I'll be putting my name in the hat for Teller.
Warlock
Keenspot Despot

Postby PSychotic on Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:54 pm

Yes, Donnigan, those are two suns in the background. Most people call them the Gods' Eyes, as legend says that the gods use them as portals through which to view our world.

And now for who is in! The lucky people are...

1) kelten
2)MakesMumCry
3)WorstCase
4)knucklekraken
5)madboat
6)Ziprath
7)Zakiel

Congratulations! Fill out the following information about your goblin! If you don't have it in by Friday, I'll get a replacement. So don't give up hope yet, other people! You may still make it in!

Name: You know, your name. What I'll refer to you as. And maybe what will decide your secret destiny. Haven't decided on whether I'll include them yet.
Color: Include the hex code as well, please. That would make it easier for me.
Bonus Stat Allocation: Are you going to be stronger, tougher, or healthier? If you have a preference for teller or veteran, there's no need to do this part yet.
Teller/Veteran Preference: Yes it's randomized and no, you cannot have a preference for both.
Fluff: Background, personality, that stuff. This one doesn't have to be filled out. It's just for flavor. Personally I think it's a chocolate flavor, but I'm torn on whether it's milk, regular or dark chocolate.
Shi' Arri, Decroi, Canton, Sicoh, Tig, Jack, and Mack.

The Dread Pirate Scarrrgh, Kobold Pirate ..... dead just like half his crew
Lisps, Goblin Defender ..... Feats: Improved Tackle 2, Tackle Stamina 2, Improved Dodging 1
That Nameless Guy, Undead Warrior ..... STR 5 DEX 3 CON 3 ..... HP ?/? ..... 4 Throwing Knives, Axe (+3), Heavy Leather Armor (5/5)
Shiny, Not So Dead Goblin ..... ATK 1 DEF 1 ..... HP 5/5
Jack-Of-All-Trades, Lucky Goblin ..... ATK 0 DEF 1 ..... HP 5/5 MP 5/5 ..... Spells: Buff/Debuff, Thief!, Acrobatic F@#king Pirouette!
Bringer-Of-New-Times, Goblin Teller ..... ATK 1 DEF 1 ..... HP 5/5 ..... Spells: Heal

Hosting a Cave of Doom
PSychotic
Keenspot Despot

Postby kelten on Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:05 pm

Woho!

Third try for the same name

Name: Bad-Odds
Color: half black(color=#000000) half white(color=#FFFFFF)? Otherwise grey (color=#808080)

Preference for teller

Fluff: Bad-Odds was born during a rainy and hard time for the clan, and with his strange complexion, the teller didn't think he wold survive.

Of course there was a chance, but the odds where against it... Could he beat the bad odds?
Well then, Bad-odds shale be his name! He may well live up to it

Later a adventuring party came near the camp, at a level to grand to beat. Bad odds took a few goblins with him, and against the odds tricked them away from the camp. But he was captured, and has since then survived as a ginny pig for a mage's potions, until the escape.

If bad odds where chocolate milk, he wold be the milk just after you pored in the coco, but before you mixed
Stabsafoot
HP: 6/9 ATT:15 (1+13+1) DEF:29 (2+21+1) CHR: +14
Equipment:
Blooddrinker: +10 ATT +4 CHR, extra dmg to evil, drains life
See-all boots: +5 DEF +2 CHR a chance of noticing a trap before setting it off.
mightyoak shield, intricate greaves, +2 intricate chainmail, magic gloves, heavenly ring: allows smite evil
darkforged helmet, ring of health

In debt:
Dead, but in heaven in the game Hats

Hits to hard, training for cheff

Keltens betting station, gamble away with the goblin crowd!
kelten
Keenspot Despot

Postby MakesMumCry on Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:56 pm

wohooo, i got in a game, and it has a chance of not beeing abandonend too soon!

now lets see, who am i...? I guess i'll also stick to a name i tried in another (abandoned) game.

Name: Hears Voices
Color: Light green #40FF00
Bonus Stat Allocation: Def, if i become Veteran i'd choose Def+Def (if this is possible? else Def+Str)
Teller/Veteran Preference: Wow, that is hard to decide, i guess i would preference Veteran, since i have seldom luck with spellcasters and already a supporting background story.
Fluff: Hears Voices has been in the cells for quite a long time, in fact he should be dead by now if you'd be able to count his years. But he had the luck(?) to be in a department researching especially spells and potions for rejuvenation. Thus Hears Voices has the body of a Goblin younglig, almost too young for his first warcamp but not without paying a horrible price.
"Of course rejuvenation comes with a price, you young fools! Now get back to tell my backstory you pestering voice!"
Okay, where were we?
"My back--story! The price!"
Oh yes, well, he had to pay a price.
"HORRIBLE, horrible price! Youngling!"
Let me finish my story now, gramps, would ya?
"Fine, go on!"
He had to pay a horrible price, since a normal brain cannot undergo so many potions and spells altering the individuals age without snapping, Hears Voices found a way not to become utterly insane. He just split his personality to fit in the age he feels, and at least one that represents his bodily age, who knows what (or who) is still in there.
"See, that wasn't that difficult, was it!"
Thank Maglubyet, or Herbert, that most of the time he is just himself, but sometimes you can find him anywhere and anywhen muttering to himself.
"Sheeesh, go on tell everybody, snitch"

OT:
No i won't play it out like this (very often), this is much too complicated, and might not be too easy for my fellow companions (with wich i am honored to be playing)
MakesMumCry
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Zakiel on Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:08 pm

(Yes yes I got in! :D \o/)

Name: Behind the Rains, a.k.a Rains.
Color: dark blue (color = #000080)
Bonus Stat Allocation: Defense.
Teller/Veteran Preference: Hmm... Not really.

Fluff: Rains never really understood what the teller meant with his name. How would a goblin ever affect the weather? Someone suggest he would drop a lot of stuff from a high cliff or something. But he decided to look at the clouds, feel the wind and try to understand everything better. He was always more a dreamer than a warrior - until he was captured.
A lot of his old self was destroyed in the dungeons. When the chance to escape appear, he took it, and killed any enemies that appeared without hesitation.
Now that they have escaped, the bloodlust has died down. He started to think about all that happened since then, all the goblins that died and how now all that he has are his companions who escaped with him. He has no more rage in himself, but isn't a dreamer either, more down to earth. More aware of his mortality and of his friends', he started to think about what he wanted to do with the rest of his life. Maybe see the world. But for now, he'll stick with his companions and see where that leads them.
Behind the Rains in New Dawn Ex-Cons
Zakiel
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby MadBoat on Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:20 pm

Name: Who-Threw-tha--Oh-Gods-Adventurers-To-Arms-Goblins (Threw)
Color: Yellow looks good on me!
Bonus Stat Allocation: Stronger, unless I'm veteran, in which case, stronger!
Teller/Veteran Preference: I have a preference for crushing my enemies. To see them driven before me, and to hear the lamentation of their women! (veteran!)

Fluff: Threw's naming ceremony was decidedly unlucky. Some asshole PC races with a chip on their shoulders showed up and stole his day in the spotlight from him. On the one hand, he and his clan slaughtered the ill-prepared adventurers, one of whom Threw personally eviserated with a sharpened stake. On the other, the battle cost Threw half his teeth and part of his jaw; Threw's speech is so mangled he can barely be understood now. Threw's new deformity and enforced silence turned him from a curious youngling to a violent, angry youth. This was followed in turn by a slow transformation into a methodical, ruthless hunter and warrior, who frightened his enemies and his clanmates in about equal measure. On one occation, one of Threw's hunting partners was accidently killed by one of Threw's snares, and the emotional relatives of the dead goblin laid the blame on Threw. Threw was declared blameless by the chief, but Threw was henceforth treated as an outcast all the same. It did not take long after that episode for Threw to pick up stakes and move on. It was on these wanderings that he was captured and imprisoned.

FAB 14: 0 (Hero) + 4(Leprechaun Lamp) + 2 (mighty pen) + 6 (Accounts Ledger) + 2 (pipe of badassery)
Gear: s1: Leprechaun Lamp(Creates Rainbows! Creates light! 30% chance for Moar Lewt!)
s2: Pipe of Badassery (Makes you a badass! Also makes you talk like Helen Keller!)
s3 Accounts Ledger (Giant friggin' blank book! Very pretty! Contains Blank Paper Pages of Potential!"
s5: Mighty Pen( 5% chance to break swords! +1 Def against swords! Creates caligraphic characters on command!"
MadBoat
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby knucklekraken on Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:19 pm

Smells-A-Rat
BF8000
Stat preference: Tough
Special preference: None

Fluff: Smells is a very suspicious individual. He's not the best team player in the world, but he's very loyal to those he trusts.

Member of the Irregulators. Reticulating splines since 2011.

Here are stats for a player race I created, compatible with 3.5 D&D. Please steal.

SPOILERS:Tasty People
+2 Charisma: Tasty People have strong natural pheromones.
-2 Wisdom: Tasty People have a racial predisposition for making bad decisions.
When faced with an encounter involving a predatory creature, a Tasty Person must make a Charisma Check. If the DC (15) is met, the creature will attack the Tasty Person to the exclusion of other targets who are not also Tasty People who have met this DC. The DC should be modified for monsters with a strong sense of smell, I leave this to your discretion as a DM. The monster is not forced to attack the Tasty Person if doing so would cause it to take an attack of opportunity.
A Tasty Person's starting class should be treated as his favored class.

Tasty People speak Common.
knucklekraken
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby WorstCase on Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:53 pm

Name: It-Might-Be-Useful-Later (Might)
Color: red #FF4000
BSA: Healthier
T/V-P: Veteran
Fluff: Little mishaps may happen in any laboratory, so did the healing potion turn out to look yellow instead of blue, and smells of bacon instead of lilacs? Did you happen to add hemlock to a haste potion instead of pine-oil? Don't worry young researcher, look we'll feed it to this red goblin over there and see what happens.
Might has been forced to swallow a few hundred of those accident potions over the past years. She is probably only still alive because all that poison in her body is still arguing, which one gets to kill her first.
Might has had so many tummyaches and near-death experiences over that time, that she'll now avoid to drink any sort of potion, no matter what.
Before her time in the lab, she was one of the warcamps hunters specializing on fishing.
My first Goblins Fancomic 'Risks &Sideeffects':
http://www.acyn.net/RSE_main.html
The second fancomic 'Heimspiel' can be found here (as well as some other Goblins related fan-art):
http://s756.photobucket.com/albums/xx20 ... se_Comics/
!!!Heimspiel is back!!! At least for now.

And here you'll find the players progress map for the 'Let There Be Hats'-Forumgame:
http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx20 ... g_02-3.png
WorstCase
Keenspot Despot

Postby Ziprath on Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:29 am

Name: Happy to help
Color: #FF8000
Bonus Stat Allocation: Defence
Teller/Veteran Preference: None
Fluff: Happy to help is a cheerful hardworking goblin who likes to blend in and not stick out. He is not particularly bright or skilled at combat put is good at manual labor and as his name suggests is always willing to lend a hand.
The New Goblin Warriors
Scouts Ahead
6/6 Hp +5(Goblin) +1 (Tough)
ATK 7 +1(Goblin) +3(Duel Spears) +1(When using a spear-like weapon) + 1(Helmet) +1(Training)
DEF 6 +1(Goblin) +1(Helmet) +1 (Black wolf cloak) +1 (Tough) +2(Leather Armour)
Traits: Hunter, Spear mastery, First aid, Tough
Items: Backpack, flint and steel, 30ft rope. bedroll and a bottle. Holy symbol. Symbol of Kord, 79 gold, Potion of forest scent, purple vial
Ziprath
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby PSychotic on Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:43 pm

The goblins step out into the light, free at last. Most of the goblins just stand around, but teller Bad Odds stares at the suns in amazement. Also Smells-A-Rat and the veteran Hears-Voices high five.

SPOILERS:well that was an easy update. let the game begin! and choose your bonus stat now kelten.

STATS

Teller Bad-Odds
HP 6/6 ATK 1 DEF 1
Spells: Heal (+1 HP to target. Target must be in same area as caster.)

Veteran Hears Voices
HP 5/5 ATK 1 DEF 3

Behind-The-Rains
HP 5/5 ATK 1 DEF 2

Who-Threw-tha--Oh-Gods-Adventurers-To-Arms-Goblins
HP 5/5 ATK 2 DEF 1

Smells-A-Rat
HP 5/5 ATK 1 DEF 2

It-Might-Be-Useful-Later
HP 6/6 ATK 1 DEF 1

Happy-To-Help
HP 5/5 ATK 1 DEF 2
Last edited by PSychotic on Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Lisps, Goblin Defender ..... Feats: Improved Tackle 2, Tackle Stamina 2, Improved Dodging 1
That Nameless Guy, Undead Warrior ..... STR 5 DEX 3 CON 3 ..... HP ?/? ..... 4 Throwing Knives, Axe (+3), Heavy Leather Armor (5/5)
Jack-Of-All-Trades, Lucky Goblin ..... ATK 0 DEF 1 ..... HP 5/5 MP 5/5 ..... Spells: Buff/Debuff, Thief!, Acrobatic F@#king Pirouette!
Bringer-Of-New-Times, Goblin Teller ..... ATK 1 DEF 1 ..... HP 5/5 ..... Spells: Heal

Hosting a Cave of Doom
PSychotic
Keenspot Despot

Postby kelten on Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:47 pm

hit points then plz
Stabsafoot
Equipment:
mightyoak shield, intricate greaves, +2 intricate chainmail, magic gloves, heavenly ring: allows smite evil

In debt:

kelten
Keenspot Despot

Postby Ziprath on Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:02 pm

SPOILERS:Is my Def suppost to be 1 or is that a mistake?
The New Goblin Warriors
Scouts Ahead
ATK 7 +1(Goblin) +3(Duel Spears) +1(When using a spear-like weapon) + 1(Helmet) +1(Training)
Items: Backpack, flint and steel, 30ft rope. bedroll and a bottle. Holy symbol. Symbol of Kord, 79 gold, Potion of forest scent, purple vial
Ziprath
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby PSychotic on Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:04 pm

That's a mistake. Sorry. But it's fixed now.

Hosting a Cave of Doom
PSychotic
Keenspot Despot

Postby WorstCase on Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:05 pm

Might looks up at the city wall. She hopes there are no archers waiting to shoot at them like at some sitting ducks.
Hate to spoil the mood everyone, but shouldn't we save the partying for after we got the hell away from this city?
My first Goblins Fancomic 'Risks &Sideeffects':
http://www.acyn.net/RSE_main.html
The second fancomic 'Heimspiel' can be found here (as well as some other Goblins related fan-art):
http://s756.photobucket.com/albums/xx20 ... se_Comics/
!!!Heimspiel is back!!! At least for now.

And here you'll find the players progress map for the 'Let There Be Hats'-Forumgame:
http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx20 ... g_02-3.png
WorstCase
Keenspot Despot

Postby MakesMumCry on Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:27 pm

Hears Voices

After the first euphoria Hears Voices searches the place thoroughly, especially looking for something he might use as a weapon (pointy stick, sharp piece of rock/stone, throwing stones...). All the while he seems to talk to himself, or any other goblin that cares to hear what he has to say.

"Okay guys, head-count... who's here, who did make it...
1..2...3...4...5...6... oh my, oh my, only 6 made it?

But alive! Boys and Girl! I KNEW we can pull this off! Freedom!

What next? I'd suggest we move out as fast as we can, "they" could soon be after us. (what, no! i do not know who "they" are!)

What are Bad-Odds thoughts, what with the others? (Heck yes, I care, and I am someone, at the minimum!)"
MakesMumCry
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Ziprath on Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:04 pm

Happy starts to head away from the city.
"Good idea we should leave before someone finds us"
The New Goblin Warriors
Scouts Ahead
Ziprath
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Zakiel on Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:17 pm

SPOILERS:Hey, what time of the day it is? Since the suns are close to the horizon I assume it's close to the sunrise or the sunset. One of them is a lot better for running away than the other!

Behind the Rains
For a moment, Rains inspire the fresh air and looks at the wide sky. Free, at last! He starts to study the clouds quickly out of habit, trying to estimate if it's going to rain soon, until Might interrupts him: "Hate to spoil the mood everyone, but shouldn't we save the partying for after we got the hell away from this city?"

This brings him back instantly. While hears Voices is doing a head count, he tries not to think on those left behind. Instead, he looks at the suns to locate the cardinal directions. If the fact the positions of two suns gives any additional information about their location, he tries to remember what locations have he heard of that are near. The location of a goblin clan, a forest or even a dungeon.

He doesn't expends much time in this exercise though. When Happy talks about leaving, if Rains remembers any direction that sounds good, he'll say it, otherwise he'll just run away with the other goblins. (If it's close to the sunset he'll suggest they go along the wall first ao they'll protect them from being seen by the archers 'till night.)
Behind the Rains in New Dawn Ex-Cons
Zakiel
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby kelten on Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:06 am

We better move before the guards arrive.
Bad Odds moves foreword
Stabsafoot
Equipment:

In debt:

kelten
Keenspot Despot

Postby MadBoat on Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:33 pm

I'm on the road for a few more days, so forgive me if I'm a bit closemouthed

Threw's scouts left, then rejoins the group

MadBoat
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby PSychotic on Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:06 pm

Update 2

While everyone else runs from the city, Rain looks at the sunset, failing to get his bearings and Hears looks around for something to use as a weapon. He finds a [Rock, +1 ATK in melee combat. +2 ATK if thrown. 80% chance of being lost if thrown.]

They chase after everyone else, who happily had no arrows shot into their backs.

Looks like it's just a stupid plain with nothing interesting around. At least there aren't any humans.

SPOILERS:i'm supposed to say something in these spoilers but i don't know what. oh! oh! wait! now i know! look at those heads in the second picture! threw's head is at least three times as big as smell-a-rat's head! eh. next update it'll probably be the other way around.

Hosting a Cave of Doom
PSychotic
Keenspot Despot

Postby kelten on Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:11 pm

Bad-odds
As the surrounding still is only grass, I say we continue moving, (for at least a hoer, one way, preferably more)
Stabsafoot
Equipment:

In debt:

kelten
Keenspot Despot

Postby Ziprath on Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:08 pm

Happy will run. Run towards freedom.

(Keep heading left)
The New Goblin Warriors
Scouts Ahead
Ziprath
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby MadBoat on Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:52 pm

Ziprath wrote:Happy will run. Run towards freedom.

(Keep heading left)

this

MadBoat
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby MakesMumCry on Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:13 pm

Hears Voices

I will also continue the run for freedom, but not without watching my step (and the steps of the others). Every now and then i will also watch my back if someone is following us.

"Hey y'all, do not forget to look for traps and such ... remember that proverb: a blindfold run in a dark room might end faster than a carefull crawl!"

SPOILERS:I don't think this proverb exists, but i guess you know what i mean? This looks too easy for an escape, if i built such a place i would surely set traps that hinder people from leaving at want (or trespassing) so we should/could be more carefull than running over a "stupid plain with nothing interesting around"!

Oh yes, and i found a rock! I am now at Atk 2 Def 3, me is killer!
MakesMumCry
Keenspotter Supreme

PreviousNext

Return to Goblins Games