New Dawn Ex-Cons

Moderator: Thunt

Forum rules
Forum games go here.

Re: New Dawn Ex-Cons

Postby knucklekraken on Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:05 am

Smells hustles to catch up with Happy.

Member of the Irregulators. Reticulating splines since 2011.

Here are stats for a player race I created, compatible with 3.5 D&D. Please steal.

SPOILERS:Tasty People
+2 Charisma: Tasty People have strong natural pheromones.
-2 Wisdom: Tasty People have a racial predisposition for making bad decisions.
When faced with an encounter involving a predatory creature, a Tasty Person must make a Charisma Check. If the DC (15) is met, the creature will attack the Tasty Person to the exclusion of other targets who are not also Tasty People who have met this DC. The DC should be modified for monsters with a strong sense of smell, I leave this to your discretion as a DM. The monster is not forced to attack the Tasty Person if doing so would cause it to take an attack of opportunity.
A Tasty Person's starting class should be treated as his favored class.

Tasty People speak Common.
knucklekraken
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Ziprath on Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:08 am

Happy will check around the side of the building to see if anyone is there (trying to stay hidden)
he then creeps over to the door and listens to see if their is anyone inside if not he goes in.

SPOILERS:Thanks for the suggestion
Last edited by Ziprath on Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The New Goblin Warriors
Scouts Ahead
6/6 Hp +5(Goblin) +1 (Tough)
ATK 7 +1(Goblin) +3(Duel Spears) +1(When using a spear-like weapon) + 1(Helmet) +1(Training)
DEF 6 +1(Goblin) +1(Helmet) +1 (Black wolf cloak) +1 (Tough) +2(Leather Armour)
Traits: Hunter, Spear mastery, First aid, Tough
Items: Backpack, flint and steel, 30ft rope. bedroll and a bottle. Holy symbol. Symbol of Kord, 79 gold, Potion of forest scent, purple vial
Ziprath
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby MakesMumCry on Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:16 pm

Hears slays his bird, well at least he tries...

Action: continue bird slaying.
MakesMumCry
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby WorstCase on Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:51 pm

Suggestion to Happy: Try to cast a look behind the building first, before you try to enter it. We are still in hostile territory.
My first Goblins Fancomic 'Risks &Sideeffects':
http://www.acyn.net/RSE_main.html
The second fancomic 'Heimspiel' can be found here (as well as some other Goblins related fan-art):
http://s756.photobucket.com/albums/xx20 ... se_Comics/
!!!Heimspiel is back!!! At least for now.

And here you'll find the players progress map for the 'Let There Be Hats'-Forumgame:
http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx20 ... g_02-3.png
WorstCase
Keenspot Despot

Postby MadBoat on Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:03 pm

Threw joins the feathery annihilation off to his left (don't care which).
Last Ditch Dungeon: Teller Hideous Mole SWEET GLORIOUS VICTORY!
Escape from Brassmoon: Sarus, Foe of the Floating Maw ESCAPED! WOOT!
Crappy Art Cave of Doom: Mops Up : DIED AT THE HEIGHT OF MY GLORY! HOW NOBLE!

Loot!:Herr Henry von HeffleHocken, Hobgoblin Hero
WND: 4
ATK 9: 1 (Hero) + 2 (mighty pen) + 6 (pipe of Badassery)
DEF 2: 0 (Hero) + 1 (Leprechaun Lamp) + 1 (Accounts Ledger)
FAB 14: 0 (Hero) + 4(Leprechaun Lamp) + 2 (mighty pen) + 6 (Accounts Ledger) + 2 (pipe of badassery)
Gear: s1: Leprechaun Lamp(Creates Rainbows! Creates light! 30% chance for Moar Lewt!)
s2: Pipe of Badassery (Makes you a badass! Also makes you talk like Helen Keller!)
s3 Accounts Ledger (Giant friggin' blank book! Very pretty! Contains Blank Paper Pages of Potential!"
s5: Mighty Pen( 5% chance to break swords! +1 Def against swords! Creates caligraphic characters on command!"
MadBoat
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Zakiel on Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:48 am

SPOILERS:The plan went great! =D Yeah!
I went back to check everyone status and try to figure out our opponents status.
It seems humans attacks varies between 2 and 3.
The little birds attack varies between 1 and 2, and the big birds' attack varies between 2 an 3. If it doesn't get any higher than that, Voices and Smells are immune to their attacks (but Smells isn't participating on the battle anyway). 4 atk is enough to kill a small bird, so my guess is they have 3 HP and 1 DEF. Since I was able to scratch the big bird with 2 ATQ, he probably has 1 DEF as well, which means only their HP is higher...

In short, these are my guesses:

Humans
HP ?/? ATK 2-3 DEF ?

Small birds
HP 3/3 ATK 1-2 DEF 1

Big birds
HP ?/? ATK 2-3 DEF 1
-------------------------
And the status of those participating in the fight:

Odds
HP 6/6 ATK 1 DEF 1
[Key]

Voices
HP 4/5 ATK 1+1+1 DEF 3

Rains
HP 3/5 ATK 1+1 DEF 2

Threw
HP 5/5 ATK 2+2 DEF 1
[Two-Handed Locked Manacles, +2 to ATK. 50% chance to harm the wielder and target.]

Might
HP 2/6 ATK 1 DEF 1
-----
All right! For a moment I thought Might was going back to treetops, but it seems she isn't so she should be safe (otherwise a big bird with a 3 ATQ could be bad). I think we have a good chance of killing them, unless they have really a lot of HP.

Rains will rain down goblin fury in upon the blue bird with his stick.
-Here's the deal buddy, you hurt one of us, you die. Nothing more, nothing less!

If the giant birds don't die this turn, Rains sends a telepathic warning to Smells and Happy to be extra careful with the exploration for now (since if there's trouble we'll have to kill the birds before helping since they'll probably follow us).
Behind the Rains in New Dawn Ex-Cons
Zakiel
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby PSychotic on Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:15 pm

Update 20

Bad-Odds climbs the tree after Might and heals her up to 3/6 HP.

Rains continues to attack the blue bird with Threw's help. With its last breath, the bird lashes a wing out at Threw for 2 damage! Threw is now at 3/5 HP.

As Voices smashes and stabs the red bird for more damage, it does a flip! Voices is barely holding on through his knife, but it is slipping.

Happy checks around the corner for more humans as Smells arrives. Together they decide to enter the building.

SPOILERS:time for your stats

Bad-Odds
HP 6/6 ATK 1 DEF 1
Spells: Heal
Inventory: Key

Voices
HP 4/5 ATK 3 DEF 3
Inventory: Rock, Dagger

Might
HP 3/6 ATK 1 DEF 1
Inventory: Empty

Smells
HP 4/5 ATK 3 DEF 3
Inventory: Banged-Up Helmet, Two-Handed Manacles

Rains
HP 3/5 ATK 2 DEF 2
Inventory: Stick

Happy
HP 5/5 ATK 2 DEF 1
Inventory: empty

Threw
HP 5/5 ATK 4 DEF 1
Inventory: Two-Handed Sword, Hand-Cuffs

tell me if anything here is wrong.
Last edited by PSychotic on Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shi' Arri, Decroi, Canton, Sicoh, Tig, Jack, and Mack.

The Dread Pirate Scarrrgh, Kobold Pirate ..... dead just like half his crew
Lisps, Goblin Defender ..... Feats: Improved Tackle 2, Tackle Stamina 2, Improved Dodging 1
That Nameless Guy, Undead Warrior ..... STR 5 DEX 3 CON 3 ..... HP ?/? ..... 4 Throwing Knives, Axe (+3), Heavy Leather Armor (5/5)
Shiny, Not So Dead Goblin ..... ATK 1 DEF 1 ..... HP 5/5
Jack-Of-All-Trades, Lucky Goblin ..... ATK 0 DEF 1 ..... HP 5/5 MP 5/5 ..... Spells: Buff/Debuff, Thief!, Acrobatic F@#king Pirouette!
Bringer-Of-New-Times, Goblin Teller ..... ATK 1 DEF 1 ..... HP 5/5 ..... Spells: Heal

Hosting a Cave of Doom
PSychotic
Keenspot Despot

Postby MadBoat on Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:35 am

Threw moves over to the bird nest, wary that the other bird might attack; if it does he'll counter attack, otherwise he'll loot the nest contents (including the baby bird if it seems like it isn't going to try and attack or run away.)

FAB 14: 0 (Hero) + 4(Leprechaun Lamp) + 2 (mighty pen) + 6 (Accounts Ledger) + 2 (pipe of badassery)
Gear: s1: Leprechaun Lamp(Creates Rainbows! Creates light! 30% chance for Moar Lewt!)
s2: Pipe of Badassery (Makes you a badass! Also makes you talk like Helen Keller!)
s3 Accounts Ledger (Giant friggin' blank book! Very pretty! Contains Blank Paper Pages of Potential!"
s5: Mighty Pen( 5% chance to break swords! +1 Def against swords! Creates caligraphic characters on command!"
MadBoat
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby WorstCase on Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:47 am

Might looks around for a loose branch or branches, that she can throw at the red bird. If she finds none, she'll get near the nest and wave around her arms to wake the birds attention, so it get's closer to everybody's attacking range and Voices can get off safely. (should that plan work I hope Odds will heal me again.)
The second fancomic 'Heimspiel' can be found here (as well as some other Goblins related fan-art):

And here you'll find the players progress map for the 'Let There Be Hats'-Forumgame:
WorstCase
Keenspot Despot

Postby kelten on Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:32 am

Bad-Odds heals Might again and then helps plunder the nest, letting the others do the attacking
Stabsafoot
HP: 6/9 ATT:15 (1+13+1) DEF:29 (2+21+1) CHR: +14
Equipment:
Blooddrinker: +10 ATT +4 CHR, extra dmg to evil, drains life
See-all boots: +5 DEF +2 CHR a chance of noticing a trap before setting it off.
mightyoak shield, intricate greaves, +2 intricate chainmail, magic gloves, heavenly ring: allows smite evil
darkforged helmet, ring of health

In debt:
Dead, but in heaven in the game Hats

Hits to hard, training for cheff

Keltens betting station, gamble away with the goblin crowd!
kelten
Keenspot Despot

Postby knucklekraken on Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:18 am

Smells will let Happy choose a weapon off the wall first and take the other one, stowing the manacles in his inventory. He will then go inspect that dangling brazier.

Here are stats for a player race I created, compatible with 3.5 D&D. Please steal.

When faced with an encounter involving a predatory creature, a Tasty Person must make a Charisma Check. If the DC (15) is met, the creature will attack the Tasty Person to the exclusion of other targets who are not also Tasty People who have met this DC. The DC should be modified for monsters with a strong sense of smell, I leave this to your discretion as a DM. The monster is not forced to attack the Tasty Person if doing so would cause it to take an attack of opportunity.

knucklekraken
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Ziprath on Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:30 am

Happy will take the sword thanking Smells for letting him choose first he will than move to the top floor and take a peek into the room to the right.

SPOILERS:Last update I had 3 Def but I think i'm suppost to have 2 but I know I have more than 1
Do you want me to put my stats in my Signature?
The New Goblin Warriors
Scouts Ahead
ATK 7 +1(Goblin) +3(Duel Spears) +1(When using a spear-like weapon) + 1(Helmet) +1(Training)
Items: Backpack, flint and steel, 30ft rope. bedroll and a bottle. Holy symbol. Symbol of Kord, 79 gold, Potion of forest scent, purple vial
Ziprath
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Zakiel on Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:16 am

Rains
-Voices, watch out! If it looks like the bird is heading for the lake, fall before that and tumble to avoid damage! There's something in the lake that ate that body!
Rains will try to hit the bird (with his fist, not his stick) if he gets close enough. He'll jump to attack if he thinks he'll reach the bird.

SPOILERS:Also, regarding the status, I noted some stuff that I think are wrong:

-Odds is at 6/6 not 5/5;
-Happy has 2 DEF not 1;
-Well, I think I'm at 3/5 HP and got 2 DEF, but I have no problem with being at 5/5 HP and having 3DEF at all :D
-Also, Happy is at 5/5 HP.
Zakiel
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby MakesMumCry on Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:34 pm

That seems like ... fun.

Hears will sing: "I believe i can fly!"

Oh, yes, and evade this stick-flak from down under my deadly death bird yet to tame.

And while i am at it, i will try to get a hold in the birds feathers, climb up to the birds head and whack him unconscious so i can tame him and ride into freedom... i wont mind if my battlebird (I will call him: a-ten) dies as long as i land on top of him (or her?) if it comes crashing down.

Actions: climb up in the feathers, knock my stone (and knife) onto the birds head until it comes down.

edit: stupid spellingg ;)
MakesMumCry
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby PSychotic on Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:37 pm

Update 21

As Might dances around to attract the big bird's attention and Rains prepares to poke it, Voice gets the most brilliant idea: tame the red bird by violently attacking it! It turns out that violence doesn't tame wild stallion but rather helps make them into glue and horse meat. What I'm saying is, the bird gets killed. Killed bad. Its now-dead body quickly drops and sinks into the water, taking Voices with it.

Throw grabs a [Bird Egg, it is warm and looks tasty]. Bad-Odds heals Might again to 4/6 HP.

Smashing into the water, Voices drifts down with the bird's body. Also, to his right and his left you'll see some bad shit. He has 3 turns of air left.

Happy picks up the [Two-Handed Broken Stone Sword, +1 to ATK]. Smells tries to grab at what seems to be an axe, but is just a clean spot. He still puts his manacles away. He then inspects the brazier, which is keeping the whole room lit. He thinks that he might be able to use it as a shield if he could pull it down- that is to say if the fires aren't magical and they don't burn him.

Happy sees some writing on the wall and a construct guarding the door in the next room. And it's got the stone axe.

SPOILERS:thanks for pointing out the discrepancies guys. all fixed. now let's hope that they are still okay in ten updates from now.

Lisps, Goblin Defender ..... Feats: Improved Tackle 2, Tackle Stamina 2, Improved Dodging 1
That Nameless Guy, Undead Warrior ..... STR 5 DEX 3 CON 3 ..... HP ?/? ..... 4 Throwing Knives, Axe (+3), Heavy Leather Armor (5/5)
Jack-Of-All-Trades, Lucky Goblin ..... ATK 0 DEF 1 ..... HP 5/5 MP 5/5 ..... Spells: Buff/Debuff, Thief!, Acrobatic F@#king Pirouette!
Bringer-Of-New-Times, Goblin Teller ..... ATK 1 DEF 1 ..... HP 5/5 ..... Spells: Heal

Hosting a Cave of Doom
PSychotic
Keenspot Despot

Postby Zakiel on Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:10 pm

Rains
-Well, sh*t. :o Okay. Ok. It doesn't seem to have spotted Voices yet. It seems to eat small fish, but it had no problem eating that human body and it can easily eat the bird. All the eyes are looking at the bird. Which is bad 'cause Voices is hidden behind it. But it seems it only looks at one thing at a time. If we push the other bird body to the water, it might focus on it long enough for Voices to get out of sight.
Rains starts pushing the bird's body down from the treetops. If the body falls, he goes down the trees as fast as he can (without hurting himself) and continues pushing towards the water (I think that's more than one action but no harm in trying).

-If this doesn't work we'll have to use ourselves as a distraction or actually try to kill the thing... It has too many tentacles for my taste. Let's hope this works!! Voices, please either swim away or find a place to hide as soon as the second bird hits the water! Odds, please keep healing, we're gonna need I'll we have if we face that thing... And now let's push!

SPOILERS:Uh, I don't know if I'm spoiling someone's fun saying these plans or if it sounds like I'm giving orders or something :shifty: , but they're just suggestions. It's hard to tell if it bothers someone, but if it is bothering anyone just say it and I'll stop.
Zakiel
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Ziprath on Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:28 pm

Happy will back out of the doorway and take a look down the passage to the right of the room he is in.
The New Goblin Warriors
Scouts Ahead
Ziprath
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby knucklekraken on Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:28 pm

Smells will search for insidious secret doors.

knucklekraken
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby MakesMumCry on Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:42 pm

"Horay! I have won the full tour!
First a giant bird scenic flight and now the underwater diving tour."

"Crap! You are in grave danger, this is not a tour, you stupid moron!"

"I demand prove!

"Try to breathe, where's your scuba gear?"

"Really? Wait! ---- blr glp br ----- Okay, you're right! Where's the managment, then? I need to complain about that tour!"

Voices will try to avoid any tentacles and eye contact and swim to the shore. And he really hopes the other giant bird works as distraction.

SPOILERS:Well, that went "exactly" as planned (never really intended to tame that bird)... even the landing was perfect (because unharmfull)... only that giant monster down there makes me slightly worrying. Help?
MakesMumCry
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby MadBoat on Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:07 am

Threw climbs down to the forest floor and breaks himself off a long stick before heading to the lake. He is not particularly keen on approaching the water's edge with a tentacle monster in it, but... he owes it to the rest of the group to try and prevent death by tentacle monster.

MadBoat
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby WorstCase on Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:36 am

Might helps with pushing the giant bird's body towards the lake. While she's at it, she tries to rip off a fist full of feathers. They might come in handy later.

SPOILERS:Somebody able to read kyrillic, here?

WorstCase
Keenspot Despot

Postby kelten on Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:34 am

Bad odds rips of a leg from the bird, and sits down to eat in the nest!
Any wounded goblin within reach gets healed
Stabsafoot
HP: 6/9 ATT:15 (1+13+1) DEF:29 (2+21+1) CHR: +14
Equipment:
Blooddrinker: +10 ATT +4 CHR, extra dmg to evil, drains life
See-all boots: +5 DEF +2 CHR a chance of noticing a trap before setting it off.
mightyoak shield, intricate greaves, +2 intricate chainmail, magic gloves, heavenly ring: allows smite evil
darkforged helmet, ring of health

In debt:
Dead, but in heaven in the game Hats

Hits to hard, training for cheff

Keltens betting station, gamble away with the goblin crowd!
kelten
Keenspot Despot

Postby PSychotic on Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:32 pm

Update 22

Rains and Might push the very heavy bird to the edge off the treetops, onto the shore and into the lake. It slowly drifts out. Might also clutches at the bird and gets 10 [Blue Feathers, they feel soft in your hand.] She feels that they could be helpful... somehow.

Bad tried to rip off the bird's leg, but failed. He only got a [Talon, it isn't quite sharp enough to break skin] He also flung out a heal to Throw, who climbed down into the forest. Throw is now at 4/5 HP.

Voices rushes to the surface and swims to the shoreline.

But one of the tentacles grabs him from below and drags him back under!

In the forest, Throw meets a bunch of wolves. Probably a pack. A territorial pack.

Smells finds one insidious secret door. Should he enter it? Would it close behind, trapping him eternally in darkness? Happy meanwhile looks to see what is on the other side of that door and is thoroughly confused.

SPOILERS:sorry for not updating yesterday. had to go to this thing thing for my school and when i got back home i was very tired. so i slept. i'll make up for with a weekend update probably.

Hosting a Cave of Doom
PSychotic
Keenspot Despot

Postby Ziprath on Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:41 pm

Hey Smells I have an idea. I'll use by sword to cut down the brazier, you catch it before it hits the ground and then we use it to light up that secret door you found. What do you think?
If Smells agrees Happy will act on his plan.
The New Goblin Warriors
Scouts Ahead
Ziprath
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby knucklekraken on Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:06 pm

...It's on fire. Catching it sounds bad.

knucklekraken
Keenspot Juggernaut

PreviousNext

Return to Goblins Games