New Dawn Ex-Cons

Moderator: Thunt

Forum rules
Forum games go here.

Re: New Dawn Ex-Cons

Postby MadBoat on Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:20 pm

Threw follows bad where ever he goes.
Last Ditch Dungeon: Teller Hideous Mole SWEET GLORIOUS VICTORY!
Escape from Brassmoon: Sarus, Foe of the Floating Maw ESCAPED! WOOT!
Crappy Art Cave of Doom: Mops Up : DIED AT THE HEIGHT OF MY GLORY! HOW NOBLE!

Loot!:Herr Henry von HeffleHocken, Hobgoblin Hero
WND: 4
ATK 9: 1 (Hero) + 2 (mighty pen) + 6 (pipe of Badassery)
DEF 2: 0 (Hero) + 1 (Leprechaun Lamp) + 1 (Accounts Ledger)
FAB 14: 0 (Hero) + 4(Leprechaun Lamp) + 2 (mighty pen) + 6 (Accounts Ledger) + 2 (pipe of badassery)
Gear: s1: Leprechaun Lamp(Creates Rainbows! Creates light! 30% chance for Moar Lewt!)
s2: Pipe of Badassery (Makes you a badass! Also makes you talk like Helen Keller!)
s3 Accounts Ledger (Giant friggin' blank book! Very pretty! Contains Blank Paper Pages of Potential!"
s5: Mighty Pen( 5% chance to break swords! +1 Def against swords! Creates caligraphic characters on command!"
MadBoat
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby knucklekraken on Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:15 pm

Smells also follows Bad.

Member of the Irregulators. Reticulating splines since 2011.

Here are stats for a player race I created, compatible with 3.5 D&D. Please steal.

SPOILERS:Tasty People
+2 Charisma: Tasty People have strong natural pheromones.
-2 Wisdom: Tasty People have a racial predisposition for making bad decisions.
When faced with an encounter involving a predatory creature, a Tasty Person must make a Charisma Check. If the DC (15) is met, the creature will attack the Tasty Person to the exclusion of other targets who are not also Tasty People who have met this DC. The DC should be modified for monsters with a strong sense of smell, I leave this to your discretion as a DM. The monster is not forced to attack the Tasty Person if doing so would cause it to take an attack of opportunity.
A Tasty Person's starting class should be treated as his favored class.

Tasty People speak Common.
knucklekraken
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby WorstCase on Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:04 pm

Might is getting away from the angry birds as fast as possible (without falling off the tree). She then continues with her spying plan.

"Try to use the treeline for cover else everybody will spot you aproaching, it's already bad enough those stupid birds are making a ruckus."
My first Goblins Fancomic 'Risks &Sideeffects':
http://www.acyn.net/RSE_main.html
The second fancomic 'Heimspiel' can be found here (as well as some other Goblins related fan-art):
http://s756.photobucket.com/albums/xx20 ... se_Comics/
!!!Heimspiel is back!!! At least for now.

And here you'll find the players progress map for the 'Let There Be Hats'-Forumgame:
http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx20 ... g_02-3.png
WorstCase
Keenspot Despot

Postby Ziprath on Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:25 am

Happy will run to catch up to the other he then climbs a tree and looks in the direction of the village.

SPOILERS:Sorry about not posting yesterday some stuff came up and I wasn't able to get on the internet
The New Goblin Warriors
Scouts Ahead
6/6 Hp +5(Goblin) +1 (Tough)
ATK 7 +1(Goblin) +3(Duel Spears) +1(When using a spear-like weapon) + 1(Helmet) +1(Training)
DEF 6 +1(Goblin) +1(Helmet) +1 (Black wolf cloak) +1 (Tough) +2(Leather Armour)
Traits: Hunter, Spear mastery, First aid, Tough
Items: Backpack, flint and steel, 30ft rope. bedroll and a bottle. Holy symbol. Symbol of Kord, 79 gold, Potion of forest scent, purple vial
Ziprath
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Zakiel on Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:27 am

Rains hits one of the angry birds with a stick. It will help Might escape from them - plus, food.
-FOOD! :P

SPOILERS:(on second thought, it's three against one and they already proved they can pierce my defenses. If they don't go down as fast as I think and follow me if I run that could be troubling)

Rains go down the threes, running from the birds for now. They'll get what they deserve soon! But better stick with the party for now. If the birds follow him, he'll hit one with the stick. Otherwise, he'll follow the rest of the party.
He keeps his distance though, so he can be the backup in case something goes wrong.
Behind the Rains in New Dawn Ex-Cons
Zakiel
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby PSychotic on Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:36 pm

Update 17

Smells and Threw are ready to boldly follow Bad-Odds into dangerous new territory!

INTO THE CENTER OF THE MIND. Hears-Voices, Bad-Odds, Smells and Threw all stare of into space, contemplating their existences and why things are the way they are, along with other philosophical things.

Rains climbs down from the trees as Happy climbs up them. Both of them are attacked by one bird, and take no damage. Happy keeps an eye on the human settlement. There are no changes to report. Rains sees everyone else looking off wistfully into the distance, so he tries his best to do the same.

Might actually goes into unexplored territory, with a bird attacking her for 1 damage as she passes. Might is now at 4/6HP.

SPOILERS:i'm hoping we all learned not to follow someone who hasn't posted any actions yet.
Last edited by PSychotic on Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shi' Arri, Decroi, Canton, Sicoh, Tig, Jack, and Mack.

The Dread Pirate Scarrrgh, Kobold Pirate ..... dead just like half his crew
Lisps, Goblin Defender ..... Feats: Improved Tackle 2, Tackle Stamina 2, Improved Dodging 1
That Nameless Guy, Undead Warrior ..... STR 5 DEX 3 CON 3 ..... HP ?/? ..... 4 Throwing Knives, Axe (+3), Heavy Leather Armor (5/5)
Shiny, Not So Dead Goblin ..... ATK 1 DEF 1 ..... HP 5/5
Jack-Of-All-Trades, Lucky Goblin ..... ATK 0 DEF 1 ..... HP 5/5 MP 5/5 ..... Spells: Buff/Debuff, Thief!, Acrobatic F@#king Pirouette!
Bringer-Of-New-Times, Goblin Teller ..... ATK 1 DEF 1 ..... HP 5/5 ..... Spells: Heal

Hosting a Cave of Doom
PSychotic
Keenspot Despot

Postby MadBoat on Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:46 pm

bah. threw climbs a tree and starts murdering birds.

FAB 14: 0 (Hero) + 4(Leprechaun Lamp) + 2 (mighty pen) + 6 (Accounts Ledger) + 2 (pipe of badassery)
Gear: s1: Leprechaun Lamp(Creates Rainbows! Creates light! 30% chance for Moar Lewt!)
s2: Pipe of Badassery (Makes you a badass! Also makes you talk like Helen Keller!)
s3 Accounts Ledger (Giant friggin' blank book! Very pretty! Contains Blank Paper Pages of Potential!"
s5: Mighty Pen( 5% chance to break swords! +1 Def against swords! Creates caligraphic characters on command!"
MadBoat
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby MakesMumCry on Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:46 pm

"Why is everybody bringing himself into danger?
Well.. Hears to the rescue, up the tree i fly climb, Hears Voices the great Dragon bird-slayer."

Actions: up the tree, start killing birds
MakesMumCry
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby WorstCase on Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:39 am

"Get off me you annoying flying pest! I wasn't looking for your nest!" Might shouts as loud as she dares ... it's more like awisper actually and wildly flails around with her arms to scare the bird away.

Action: fighting the overly agressive canary.
The second fancomic 'Heimspiel' can be found here (as well as some other Goblins related fan-art):

And here you'll find the players progress map for the 'Let There Be Hats'-Forumgame:
WorstCase
Keenspot Despot

Postby kelten on Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:34 am

Oh, i missed your post actually...
Bad-odds moves to check out the house by the lake (as the lakes inhabitants are occupied with the dead)
Stabsafoot
HP: 6/9 ATT:15 (1+13+1) DEF:29 (2+21+1) CHR: +14
Equipment:
Blooddrinker: +10 ATT +4 CHR, extra dmg to evil, drains life
See-all boots: +5 DEF +2 CHR a chance of noticing a trap before setting it off.
mightyoak shield, intricate greaves, +2 intricate chainmail, magic gloves, heavenly ring: allows smite evil
darkforged helmet, ring of health

In debt:
Dead, but in heaven in the game Hats

Hits to hard, training for cheff

Keltens betting station, gamble away with the goblin crowd!
kelten
Keenspot Despot

Postby Ziprath on Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:01 am

Happy will also move up to the house but will try to stay hidden from any humans.
The New Goblin Warriors
Scouts Ahead
ATK 7 +1(Goblin) +3(Duel Spears) +1(When using a spear-like weapon) + 1(Helmet) +1(Training)
Items: Backpack, flint and steel, 30ft rope. bedroll and a bottle. Holy symbol. Symbol of Kord, 79 gold, Potion of forest scent, purple vial
Ziprath
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Zakiel on Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:33 am

Rains
-Guys, I don't think it's a good idea to face the birds now... Those two giant birds look like they could eat goblins alive!
Nevertheless, Rains follows the bird-killing goblins to provide assistance and an additional target. If the others attack some birds, he'll attack as well, the same bird someone else attacked, with his stick.
Zakiel
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby knucklekraken on Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:08 pm

Same post as last time, only more effective now.

Member of the Irregulators. Reticulating splines since 2011.

Here are stats for a player race I created, compatible with 3.5 D&D. Please steal.

SPOILERS:Tasty People
+2 Charisma: Tasty People have strong natural pheromones.
-2 Wisdom: Tasty People have a racial predisposition for making bad decisions.
When faced with an encounter involving a predatory creature, a Tasty Person must make a Charisma Check. If the DC (15) is met, the creature will attack the Tasty Person to the exclusion of other targets who are not also Tasty People who have met this DC. The DC should be modified for monsters with a strong sense of smell, I leave this to your discretion as a DM. The monster is not forced to attack the Tasty Person if doing so would cause it to take an attack of opportunity.
A Tasty Person's starting class should be treated as his favored class.

Tasty People speak Common.
knucklekraken
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby WorstCase on Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:10 pm

I wasn't exactly planning to attack the giant birds, I only want the one that hit me twice so far to leave me alone - and help the others with their battle against their birds.

But I guess we wont get too far over the treetops as long as those birds are trying to eat us.

WorstCase
Keenspot Despot

Postby MakesMumCry on Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:11 pm

I think it is a matter of perspective... are there really giant birds?
If so, and if we do not attack in force i will clarify my action here:
Help all that are attacked by a bird to get rid of them (birds, not Goblins!!!). Never thought of suicide, i did NOT survive NewDawn to get eaten by giant birds!!
MakesMumCry
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby PSychotic on Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:27 pm

Update 18

Might ineffectually flails her arms and whispers war cries as the two huge birds peck and swoop at her! She takes 3 damage and is now at 1/6 HP!

Threw, Voices and Rains climb up and start kicking some aviary ass! Threw single handedly kills the red one, while Voice and Rains team up to bring down the green one! The final gumdrop bird stares at the trio of goblins, mortified of it's suddenly obvious and incoming end.

Bad-Odds, Smells, and Happy keep walking to the stone building. It looks like they're almost there.

SPOILERS:look! there's the cave! also. will might die!?!? tune in on the next update!

Lisps, Goblin Defender ..... Feats: Improved Tackle 2, Tackle Stamina 2, Improved Dodging 1
That Nameless Guy, Undead Warrior ..... STR 5 DEX 3 CON 3 ..... HP ?/? ..... 4 Throwing Knives, Axe (+3), Heavy Leather Armor (5/5)
Jack-Of-All-Trades, Lucky Goblin ..... ATK 0 DEF 1 ..... HP 5/5 MP 5/5 ..... Spells: Buff/Debuff, Thief!, Acrobatic F@#king Pirouette!
Bringer-Of-New-Times, Goblin Teller ..... ATK 1 DEF 1 ..... HP 5/5 ..... Spells: Heal

Hosting a Cave of Doom
PSychotic
Keenspot Despot

Postby Zakiel on Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:58 pm

Rains charges, attacking the blue bird rapidly and violently with his stick.
-Odds! Medical emergency here! Might might die!

(P.S.: I have a battle plan suggestion... Threw could kill the pink bird so it doesn't join attacking us, since he's the one who can 1-hit-kill, while Voices could attack the red bird, so it also has another target, while Might slips quickly either below the trees where these birds may not be able to go [but there could be other dangers] or further back in the treetops [no other dangers that we know of, but the Angry Birds might follow]. What do you guys think?)
Zakiel
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Ziprath on Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:18 pm

Happy will continue to the building, still keeping out of sight of humans.

SPOILERS:I would suggest Might should get under the treeline.
The New Goblin Warriors
Scouts Ahead
Ziprath
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby MadBoat on Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:33 pm

Zakiel wrote: (P.S.: I have a battle plan suggestion... Threw could kill the pink bird so it doesn't join attacking us, since he's the one who can 1-hit-kill, while Voices could attack the red bird, so it also has another target, while Might slips quickly either below the trees where these birds may not be able to go [but there could be other dangers] or further back in the treetops [no other dangers that we know of, but the Angry Birds might follow]. What do you guys think?)

SPOILERS:can do

Threw finishes off the last of the small birds, then meets up with Rains.
Last edited by MadBoat on Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MadBoat
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby WorstCase on Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:32 am

Argrrg! I said I was not fighting the giant birds!
I wanted to help the others...
Oh well Might jumps down from her tree (to get away from the birds as fast as possible without being targeted yet again) making sure she lands somewhere on a soft spot and rolling off the fall so not to loose her last HP.

She really needs some healing now :(

WorstCase
Keenspot Despot

Postby kelten on Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:32 pm

Bad-odds move's back to heal Might

Realy, don't die on me now! Your my body guard for a few turns (so I can heal you to full), then you can go back to rid the world of pesky birds!
Stabsafoot
Equipment:
mightyoak shield, intricate greaves, +2 intricate chainmail, magic gloves, heavenly ring: allows smite evil

In debt:

kelten
Keenspot Despot

Postby MakesMumCry on Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:16 pm

Zakiel wrote:Rains charges, attacking the blue bird rapidly and violently with his stick.
-Odds! Medical emergency here! Might might die!

(P.S.: I have a battle plan suggestion... Threw could kill the pink bird so it doesn't join attacking us, since he's the one who can 1-hit-kill, while Voices could attack the red bird, so it also has another target, while Might slips quickly either below the trees []where these birds may not be able to go [but there could be other dangers] or further back in the treetops [no other dangers that we know of, but the Angry Birds might follow]. What do you guys think?)

Hears will do his best and follow this plan. "fear my battle-stone and dagger you flying dinosaurs"

SPOILERS:Posting from phone again, therefore a bit short, sorry
MakesMumCry
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby PSychotic on Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:02 pm

Update 19

Threw and the lone pink bird face each other.

And the pink gumdrop bird explodes from fear! What a show, what a show we have been given folks. It is not every day that we get to see a bird spontaneously explode!

I would have rather seen him catch it with a pokeball...

Be quiet you! You're supposed to spectate, not comment!

Might jumps from the trees, tucking and rolling to stick the landing! Voices and Rains bust in from the right, ready to kill these giant birds! Rains scratches the blue bird for minor damage as it pecks him for 1 damage! Voices uses the blue bird as a stepping stone to the flying red bird, and stabs it with his knife for minor damage! He follows up the knife with a rock to the bird's stomach for even more minor damage! One of the bird's wings smashes Voices in the face, but he shrugs it off like a pro.

And Bad-Odds runs back to heal Might up to 2/5 HP.

Happy reaches the human building.

SPOILERS:i get the feeling that this game is going to go the route of all my characters, and will slowly become more and more insane and out of touch with reality. but hey! at least in the last picture we get to see all of the shades of gray i'm using. it turns out that i'm not using many.

Hosting a Cave of Doom
PSychotic
Keenspot Despot

Postby WorstCase on Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:22 am

"Thanks for the healing Odds. Those birds are pretty bad news, I tell you.The others might need your help soon, too."

Might
will climb up the tree again while waiting for some more healing, and being ready to avoid any attacking birds for now.

In the meantime she is concentrating on the goblin EMP, to get a better look at the loose letters which are sprawled under the wall inscription. (Which letters are that exactly, and did they just fall off or were they removed forcefully?)

Ok, edited!
Last edited by WorstCase on Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

WorstCase
Keenspot Despot

Postby kelten on Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:06 am

Bad-odds: climb up the tree will you? I'll heal you on the way up, and then climb up after you.
Stabsafoot
Equipment:

In debt:

kelten
Keenspot Despot

PreviousNext

Return to Goblins Games