New Dawn Ex-Cons

Moderator: Thunt

Forum rules
Forum games go here.

Re: New Dawn Ex-Cons

Postby WorstCase on Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:03 am

I just noticed, that deeper in the woods, where Rains is now, there is a broken off branch. Be careful, something/someone else might be near.
My first Goblins Fancomic 'Risks &Sideeffects':
http://www.acyn.net/RSE_main.html
The second fancomic 'Heimspiel' can be found here (as well as some other Goblins related fan-art):
http://s756.photobucket.com/albums/xx20 ... se_Comics/
!!!Heimspiel is back!!! At least for now.

And here you'll find the players progress map for the 'Let There Be Hats'-Forumgame:
http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx20 ... g_02-3.png
WorstCase
Keenspot Despot

Postby Zakiel on Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:15 pm

Rains
-Ah, the forest! That's much better.
*Rains inhales deeply the air of the forest, and then sees if the broken branch is sturdy to be used as a weapon*

SPOILERS:Good point! I saw the broken branch and didn't even think that could mean someone was nearby...
Behind the Rains in New Dawn Ex-Cons
Zakiel
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby MakesMumCry on Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:07 pm

Hears Voices

continues to take his revenge on all humans in a bloody rage, hitting, biting, clawing, rock-clashing theet and bones and flesh and everything that comes in his frenzys way.

"Attacking one of us was your biggest mistake! But it was your last one too, except you surrender! Then surrendering was your biggest mistake, because we will kill you even more slow and cruel now!"

Hears Voices also hopes that our teller remembers that he can use his healing spell when he does nothing else too complicated!

SPOILERS:Guys (and girl) do we play this together or not? As far as i am concerned this feels more like a single player adventure with some hard to control NPCs... we should REALLY discuss strategy a bit more (even if it is hard, i know, with the different time zones and such...) I saw some really good advices, and almost no one did care and did his own thing... we should at least TRY to regroup soon, our strength is in numbers, remember?
MakesMumCry
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Zakiel on Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:01 pm

SPOILERS:I was thinking on sticking around the woods for now, looking for a branch for a weapon and a place to hide. Might seems to be doing something similar. Meanwhile you guys can finish dealing with the prisioner and then catch up and we continue as a group o/ The woods are way better than out in the open to search for food, shelter and weapons!
Zakiel
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby PSychotic on Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:20 pm

Update 11

Happy tries to disarm the prisoner of his dagger while Threw and Voices continue to him. Happy gets a knife to the stomach, and is reduced to 3/5 HP. The combined strength of Threw's and Voices's attacks is enough to kill him and he keels over, dropping his dagger. Everyone has first pick.

All the while, Smells just stares. Maybe he's shocked that his face punches don't work.

Rains rips off the broken branch, gaining a [One-Handed Branch, +1 to ATK. 50% chance of breaking in combat.]

Bad-Odds meanwhile floats over to the light. He feels the sun's warmth, and looks up to find a hole amongst all the leaves. He thinks he could climb up there.

Finding that the branches seem too strong to break off normally, Might expands her horizons and looks far to the left, seeing a mountain range. She also notices that it looks like she could walk across treetops.

SPOILERS:combat ends your turn guys. also worst, you can have might look to the foreground, background, and right as well. each direction will take a turn to see though.
Shi' Arri, Decroi, Canton, Sicoh, Tig, Jack, and Mack.

The Dread Pirate Scarrrgh, Kobold Pirate ..... dead just like half his crew
Lisps, Goblin Defender ..... Feats: Improved Tackle 2, Tackle Stamina 2, Improved Dodging 1
That Nameless Guy, Undead Warrior ..... STR 5 DEX 3 CON 3 ..... HP ?/? ..... 4 Throwing Knives, Axe (+3), Heavy Leather Armor (5/5)
Shiny, Not So Dead Goblin ..... ATK 1 DEF 1 ..... HP 5/5
Jack-Of-All-Trades, Lucky Goblin ..... ATK 0 DEF 1 ..... HP 5/5 MP 5/5 ..... Spells: Buff/Debuff, Thief!, Acrobatic F@#king Pirouette!
Bringer-Of-New-Times, Goblin Teller ..... ATK 1 DEF 1 ..... HP 5/5 ..... Spells: Heal

Hosting a Cave of Doom
PSychotic
Keenspot Despot

Postby WorstCase on Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:34 am

"Awsome! Everyone I spotted a cave! And I think its a dungeon!!!" Might get's so exited she almost falls of her tree (almost).
She makes sure to send the location of the entrance to everyone over goblin emp.
Next she'll look back at the direction of the town.
Anys sign of pursuers?

Action: Looking the direction we came from

I'm starting to feel a bit paranoid guys. The human prisoner was caught back pretty easily by that armed human (who was probably a guard or bounty hunter from New Dawn).
They may have a larger search party out here, that was looking for him. They may not know we're here, yet, but they could be still out searching for the human (specially, if there was no signal given, that he was caught already).
The second fancomic 'Heimspiel' can be found here (as well as some other Goblins related fan-art):

And here you'll find the players progress map for the 'Let There Be Hats'-Forumgame:
WorstCase
Keenspot Despot

Postby knucklekraken on Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:56 am

Smells looks back at the hillside.

Member of the Irregulators. Reticulating splines since 2011.

Here are stats for a player race I created, compatible with 3.5 D&D. Please steal.

SPOILERS:Tasty People
+2 Charisma: Tasty People have strong natural pheromones.
-2 Wisdom: Tasty People have a racial predisposition for making bad decisions.
When faced with an encounter involving a predatory creature, a Tasty Person must make a Charisma Check. If the DC (15) is met, the creature will attack the Tasty Person to the exclusion of other targets who are not also Tasty People who have met this DC. The DC should be modified for monsters with a strong sense of smell, I leave this to your discretion as a DM. The monster is not forced to attack the Tasty Person if doing so would cause it to take an attack of opportunity.
A Tasty Person's starting class should be treated as his favored class.

Tasty People speak Common.
knucklekraken
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby MakesMumCry on Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:20 am

Hears Voices

takes the dagger and rips some cloth of the prisoner to wrap his rock in it so his rock has more swing and thus more "bang" (probably), he also can use it as a crude sort of sling now.

"Told ya, made your last mistake, poor fella. Oh yes, and take this!"

He stabs the prisoner in both eyes so he can use the holes to drag him along (after everybody is finished with what they do to him, because he should be missing arms and legs by then) his way to the others in the forest, dumping the prisoner in the river while passing it.

"Carving 'He did it' in his chest would be nice... Who is 'he?' ... How should i know? ... Then shut your face!"

While he is aproaching the rest of the troupe he shouts:

"Hey Bad-Odds, Happy does not look as Happy as he should be, what Goblin do i have to smack for some decent healing?"
Last edited by MakesMumCry on Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
MakesMumCry
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby MakesMumCry on Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:21 am

darn, doublepost, sorry
Last edited by MakesMumCry on Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
MakesMumCry
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Zakiel on Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:19 am

Rains
-It sure looks like a dungeon! Better stay away from it though... It's probably full of monsters, traps and adventurers! ... Hm... That strange mountain, the tallest, with that round top... It seems there is smoke coming out of it... But the smoke is to small so it may not be a volcano... Maybe someone lives there? But it is way too far!

Action: Rains goes up the trees. If there's still time, he plucks the leaves from his branch away so it can be better used as a stabbing weapon.

Good thinking about the search parties Might, it might be safer if we stayed at the top of the trees while we can. Here we have shelter, possibly food, and then we can carefully start to explore the area with a base to return to! :D

SPOILERS:Do we have an infinite inventory or just what we can carry?
Zakiel
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby MadBoat on Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:28 am

unless someone uses a key to unlock the restraints, threw chops off the hands and feet of the dead prisoner. Then, if no one loots the body, he will. Otherwise he'll head up to might's position.
Last Ditch Dungeon: Teller Hideous Mole SWEET GLORIOUS VICTORY!
Escape from Brassmoon: Sarus, Foe of the Floating Maw ESCAPED! WOOT!
Crappy Art Cave of Doom: Mops Up : DIED AT THE HEIGHT OF MY GLORY! HOW NOBLE!

Loot!:Herr Henry von HeffleHocken, Hobgoblin Hero
WND: 4
ATK 9: 1 (Hero) + 2 (mighty pen) + 6 (pipe of Badassery)
DEF 2: 0 (Hero) + 1 (Leprechaun Lamp) + 1 (Accounts Ledger)
FAB 14: 0 (Hero) + 4(Leprechaun Lamp) + 2 (mighty pen) + 6 (Accounts Ledger) + 2 (pipe of badassery)
Gear: s1: Leprechaun Lamp(Creates Rainbows! Creates light! 30% chance for Moar Lewt!)
s2: Pipe of Badassery (Makes you a badass! Also makes you talk like Helen Keller!)
s3 Accounts Ledger (Giant friggin' blank book! Very pretty! Contains Blank Paper Pages of Potential!"
s5: Mighty Pen( 5% chance to break swords! +1 Def against swords! Creates caligraphic characters on command!"
MadBoat
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby kelten on Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:29 am

Bad odds has seen the light!
...well that was that, lets continue deeper into the forest
Stabsafoot
HP: 6/9 ATT:15 (1+13+1) DEF:29 (2+21+1) CHR: +14
Equipment:
Blooddrinker: +10 ATT +4 CHR, extra dmg to evil, drains life
See-all boots: +5 DEF +2 CHR a chance of noticing a trap before setting it off.
mightyoak shield, intricate greaves, +2 intricate chainmail, magic gloves, heavenly ring: allows smite evil
darkforged helmet, ring of health

In debt:
Dead, but in heaven in the game Hats

Hits to hard, training for cheff

Keltens betting station, gamble away with the goblin crowd!
kelten
Keenspot Despot

Postby Zakiel on Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:02 pm

Rains (not an action, just talking)
-Hey Odds! Smells and Happy are wounded. Could you heal them a bit? It's best to have everyone at top shape to face the perils we might meet...
Zakiel
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby kelten on Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:48 pm

Il heal them up when they get to the woods
Stabsafoot
Equipment:
mightyoak shield, intricate greaves, +2 intricate chainmail, magic gloves, heavenly ring: allows smite evil

In debt:

kelten
Keenspot Despot

Postby Ziprath on Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:39 pm

Holding his wound Happy heads to the forest.
Could really use some of that magic right now. Damn my unflinching need to help people.
The New Goblin Warriors
Scouts Ahead
6/6 Hp +5(Goblin) +1 (Tough)
ATK 7 +1(Goblin) +3(Duel Spears) +1(When using a spear-like weapon) + 1(Helmet) +1(Training)
DEF 6 +1(Goblin) +1(Helmet) +1 (Black wolf cloak) +1 (Tough) +2(Leather Armour)
Traits: Hunter, Spear mastery, First aid, Tough
Items: Backpack, flint and steel, 30ft rope. bedroll and a bottle. Holy symbol. Symbol of Kord, 79 gold, Potion of forest scent, purple vial
Ziprath
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby PSychotic on Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:07 pm

Update 12

Threw tears apart the prisoner, gaining [Two-Handed Locked Manacles, +2 to ATK. 50% chance to harm the wielder and target.] and [Locked Cuffs.]. Voices loots the [One-Handed Dagger, +1 to ATK] and throws the body in the river. He attempted to use the cloth as a slingshot or whip for his rock, but found out that the cloth makes a poor slingshot and his rock is completely smooth.

As Threw attempts to cross the river, he loses his footing on the rock and slips! He is swept away by the current.

At least he's surrounded by fish and not dolphins, the natural predator of goblins.

Bad-Odds continues deeper into the forest, and stumbles upon a fox. It territorially growls at his arrival and digs its claws into the earth.

Rains climbs to the top of the treeline and gloriously bursts out from the leaves! The nearby adorable birds squawk at his appearance.

Smells climbs to the top of the hill, and relief swells within his heart as he sees the nearby human village. Dirty prisoner deserved those face punches he gave it. He also shudders at the horribly drawn woman. What kind of face is that? What kind of hair is that?

Might looks back to the hellhole of a city they escaped from, and notes how strange it is that no one has been sent to search for them yet.

SPOILERS:so many pictures. here we go. i was rolling a d6 everytime someone crossed the river. 3-6 was a completely successful crossing, 2 was a minor loss of balance, and 1 was a complete failure. the rules for being underwater are as follows, you get three turns of air. if you do not surface by that time you will start taking damage. while in bodies of water with currents you will be swept along until the it becomes still. if any of this doesn't make sense, please tell me. i'll answer as best i can later, because right now i am fucking tired. oh and the manacles can be used as manacles.

Lisps, Goblin Defender ..... Feats: Improved Tackle 2, Tackle Stamina 2, Improved Dodging 1
That Nameless Guy, Undead Warrior ..... STR 5 DEX 3 CON 3 ..... HP ?/? ..... 4 Throwing Knives, Axe (+3), Heavy Leather Armor (5/5)
Jack-Of-All-Trades, Lucky Goblin ..... ATK 0 DEF 1 ..... HP 5/5 MP 5/5 ..... Spells: Buff/Debuff, Thief!, Acrobatic F@#king Pirouette!
Bringer-Of-New-Times, Goblin Teller ..... ATK 1 DEF 1 ..... HP 5/5 ..... Spells: Heal

Hosting a Cave of Doom
PSychotic
Keenspot Despot

Postby knucklekraken on Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:16 pm

Smells can pat himself on the back later. His compatriot needs saving from treacheryfish!

(edited for verb tense)
Last edited by knucklekraken on Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Member of the Irregulators. Reticulating splines since 2011.

Here are stats for a player race I created, compatible with 3.5 D&D. Please steal.

SPOILERS:Tasty People
+2 Charisma: Tasty People have strong natural pheromones.
-2 Wisdom: Tasty People have a racial predisposition for making bad decisions.
When faced with an encounter involving a predatory creature, a Tasty Person must make a Charisma Check. If the DC (15) is met, the creature will attack the Tasty Person to the exclusion of other targets who are not also Tasty People who have met this DC. The DC should be modified for monsters with a strong sense of smell, I leave this to your discretion as a DM. The monster is not forced to attack the Tasty Person if doing so would cause it to take an attack of opportunity.
A Tasty Person's starting class should be treated as his favored class.

Tasty People speak Common.
knucklekraken
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby kelten on Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:56 am

Hello Mr fox... I'll be moving on now...
Move back to forest entrance to heal Happy

(objective, set up base, plunder village!)
Last edited by kelten on Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Stabsafoot
Equipment:

In debt:

kelten
Keenspot Despot

Postby WorstCase on Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:53 am

Might will at once look into the direction the river is carrying Threw into (let's hope it's not the human village, first two human corpses and then a living goblin floating by, might end in a spontaneous lynching).

So is there more (obvious) danger ahead for Threws than just drowning, if we don't pull him out of the river fast?

- We might try to steal equipment from that shop in the village, we should wait until night before we start an attempt though. Downside would be, that we'd probably leave a track to follow us.
And that the humans probably warned each other, that we / the escaped prisoner is free, and they anticipate something like that.
We would probably find enough gear there to have a chance in the dungeon though.

- There is that cow-pulled-cart back at the town, it looks like it's steered into the town and not like it's going to follow us. But maybe we could capture one of those carts once it's far enough away from town.
We could use one as a getaway, as a mobile base, or just as a distraction to misguide pursuers.

- I counted 5 guards on the walls and one at the city gate, looks not like they'll be after us anytime soon.

WorstCase
Keenspot Despot

Postby Ziprath on Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:46 am

SPOILERS:Is Happy by the river or in the forest?

Happy will ask for some healing.
The New Goblin Warriors
Scouts Ahead
6/6 Hp +5(Goblin) +1 (Tough)
ATK 7 +1(Goblin) +3(Duel Spears) +1(When using a spear-like weapon) + 1(Helmet) +1(Training)
DEF 6 +1(Goblin) +1(Helmet) +1 (Black wolf cloak) +1 (Tough) +2(Leather Armour)
Traits: Hunter, Spear mastery, First aid, Tough
Items: Backpack, flint and steel, 30ft rope. bedroll and a bottle. Holy symbol. Symbol of Kord, 79 gold, Potion of forest scent, purple vial
Ziprath
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby MakesMumCry on Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:00 am

Is Threw coming in my direction?
If so i could try to pull him out, perhaps with some help of the others (like a living goblin rope).

I'd strongly advise, if he is floating away from us we should all! hurry to rescue/follow him until he gets rescued.
(Okay if he floats into town he should try to float through without beeing seen, perhaps clinging onto/under the bridge until nightfall to sneak out again, where we should meet again)

Bah, what am i saying, i am the veteran here, i COMMAND to rescue Threw, and everybody not helping will fear my ATT 3 and DEF 3 none of you shall stand a chance against my wrath (if i get some help ^^) ;)
MakesMumCry
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby WorstCase on Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:11 am

SPOILERS:I don't think Might can reach Threw in time. She'll help pulling him out next round though, if the others manage to stop him from floating away.

WorstCase
Keenspot Despot

Postby Zakiel on Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:59 am

Rains leaves the birds and goes down, heading the closer to the direction Threw is in as possible. To the rescue! :D
Zakiel
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby MadBoat on Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:22 pm

uh...

threw swims to the surface. Cause drowning would suck.
Last Ditch Dungeon: Teller Hideous Mole SWEET GLORIOUS VICTORY!
Escape from Brassmoon: Sarus, Foe of the Floating Maw ESCAPED! WOOT!
Crappy Art Cave of Doom: Mops Up : DIED AT THE HEIGHT OF MY GLORY! HOW NOBLE!

Loot!:Herr Henry von HeffleHocken, Hobgoblin Hero
WND: 4
ATK 9: 1 (Hero) + 2 (mighty pen) + 6 (pipe of Badassery)
DEF 2: 0 (Hero) + 1 (Leprechaun Lamp) + 1 (Accounts Ledger)
FAB 14: 0 (Hero) + 4(Leprechaun Lamp) + 2 (mighty pen) + 6 (Accounts Ledger) + 2 (pipe of badassery)
Gear: s1: Leprechaun Lamp(Creates Rainbows! Creates light! 30% chance for Moar Lewt!)
s2: Pipe of Badassery (Makes you a badass! Also makes you talk like Helen Keller!)
s3 Accounts Ledger (Giant friggin' blank book! Very pretty! Contains Blank Paper Pages of Potential!"
s5: Mighty Pen( 5% chance to break swords! +1 Def against swords! Creates caligraphic characters on command!"
MadBoat
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby PSychotic on Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:12 pm

Update 13

Voices, Smells and Happy all cross the river, using the prisoner's body (which got stuck on the stepping stone) as a bridge of sorts.

Voices and Smells chase after Threw, who goes up for air. Rains, Bad-Odds and Happy all reconvene at the forest's entrance. Bad-Odds also heals Happy to 4/5 HP.

Might looks at the nearby river, and fears for Threw's safety.

SPOILERS:i forgot something about water. going up for air makes you completely defenseless from attacks underneath the water.

also zakiel asked awhile ago whether you had infinite inventory or not, and i noticed didn't write that into the introductory post. i'll add it there and explain it now. you all have infinite, but separate, inventories. so smells can be carrying around three million helmets in his inventory, but no one but him can access all those useless excess helmets. unless he passed one off to a fellow goblin as an action. and a dead goblin will drop everything they have on them, which anyone can loot.

and one more thing! my wide pictures- the ones where someone looks in a specific direction -have been cut off on my screen. if you think or suspect that they have for yours too, right click on them choose 'copy image location' and paste it into the url.
Last edited by PSychotic on Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hosting a Cave of Doom
PSychotic
Keenspot Despot

PreviousNext

Return to Goblins Games