The New Goblin Warriors.

Moderator: Thunt

Forum rules
Forum games go here.

Re: The New Goblin Warriors.

Postby Ziprath on Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:57 am

It seems that nothing is safe from this curse. We are in over our heads with this fight.

Scouts remains hidden waiting for the Gaint to pass.

SPOILERS:I think i'm going to head back to the warcamp I'm needed there.
The New Goblin Warriors
Scouts Ahead
6/6 Hp +5(Goblin) +1 (Tough)
ATK 7 +1(Goblin) +3(Duel Spears) +1(When using a spear-like weapon) + 1(Helmet) +1(Training)
DEF 6 +1(Goblin) +1(Helmet) +1 (Black wolf cloak) +1 (Tough) +2(Leather Armour)
Traits: Hunter, Spear mastery, First aid, Tough
Items: Backpack, flint and steel, 30ft rope. bedroll and a bottle. Holy symbol. Symbol of Kord, 79 gold, Potion of forest scent, purple vial
Ziprath
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby BurnsBees on Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:20 am

Spaz goes to a corner and hides for a bit and tries to read his book about getting the giant undead from out of the area.
Beware of the ducks with bombs. They know who you are and they are out to get you.
BurnsBees
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Jacon on Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:38 pm

Teldaac tries to help the wounded rat but theirs not much she can do. His legs are bleeding and even if she could stop the bleeding he's already lost so much blood that theirs not much help for him. His stares blankly at Teldaac as if not really seeing her. Temper carefully approaches shield raised in case the rat attacks but it's obvious he's not in any state to do battle.
"What happened here?" He asks the rat. The rat mutters something thats to difficult to hear. Temper asks him to repeat himself and puts himself slightly lower to the rats mouth. The words are in a whisper and he's not sure he heard right....Sounded like " And Ark...."
Torg scratches his head and glances down the large tunnel...
" Hey, at least theirs less rats to fight." Says one of the orcs. Torg seems more disappointed than glad at this news.

Walks and Smells gathers a few weapons.

2 large steel longswords, +4 two handed.
3 halbards, to big for goblin use.
1 battle axe: +3
1 large two bladed battle axe + 5 two handed.
1 crossbow.

Meanwhile in the undead lands to the west Blade steps away from the windows.
"That... is the most messed up thing I have ever seen. Let's hope they only have the one."
" I hope so to....I don't know what kind of magic would be required to raise something of that size...Those robes are getting more powerful....
" Damn robes..."
Spaz starts to study his book and look at his new one. The new one gives him more depth and detail and with the other book he can more easily piece together spells. A little more studying and he thinks he can start to learn a few more spells although he won't get the more powerful ones till he has his first servant.

Scouts stays under cover and warily watches the giant.. It sniffs in the air, it's eyes rolling in it's head. Slowly it lumbers off west.

"Calm down, both of you, please! We can neither stay here unprepared as if nothing happened, nor can we walk straight at them and wage a war we maybe cannot win!"I don't know what they did to you Coats, and i feel sorry seeing how angry it makes you, but they looked menacing enought to take out a whole warcamp, even if it's only the two i've seen. It's maybe more of them. So we should not charge in there blindly, with only my shallow reconnaissance at hand, especially if half of our good fighters are elsewhere." "
" They....They killed my tribe! Coats says choking up. Tears fall from his face as he speaks." I can't sit idly by!"
Carves turns to the teller.
"So we should wait, like you say. But you are wrong about sitting it out. We are a WARcamp after all. We should use the time left to gather our forces and try to call them home. We should prepare traps in the direction they will come from. We might even send out runners to lure them into them, or to do some hit-and-run before we meet them in open battle. The dwarf had scorched hands, which i think means he is a fire mage. I don't want him to enter our warcamp and burn it down. So Coats is right at that point - we have to meet them outside and dictate where the battle takes place!"
The teller looks furiously at him but at least Coats seems to calming down.

"So could we please sit down and start to create a battleplan instead of fighting each other?"
" Your new here, you should know your place you untested youn-" Starts the teller but he is interrupted when Fires suddenly appears as if out of no where. You notice her hair seems to defy gravity a little and out of the corner of your eyes you can sometimes see her sparkle teal.
" If we lure them into traps they will die...." She says calmly placing a gentle hand on Coats shoulder.
" Oh really? and how many goblins will we lose!" Snarls the teller. At this Fires seems to ignore the Teller and turns instead to Coats and Carves.
" I will help you." She says simply. The teller just throws his hands up in the air.
" FINE! I'll just prepare the bloody mourning rites! I hope your happy when half the tribe is died!" He snarls before stomping off to his hut.
Carves sighs before turning to the others.
"So could we please sit down and start to create a battleplan. I volunteer to help to gather our fighters or do some hit-and-run. I am used to run through the woods. Travelling light, i could maybe save some time. Only weapons and a few rations, no backpack."
" Alright, maybe you should take the archers. Their fairly steathily though I wouldn't try to sneak up on the whole group with them. Unless you don't think thats a good choice for this.....I'll take the sisters and the guardian with me to back you up in case something goes wrong....
" I will join you" Plays says to Coats.
Ties-Rope walks up the group.
" Um, We have a few pits we just finished but their all to the east near the river. I could create a few more south of us... I would need at least 5 goblins to create a pit quickly....We don't have very good digging tools so progress has been slow."

New building!
North normal Pits- lowers the efficiency by 1 cause animals can get trapped in it. Also a chance that a adventurer might stumble in and damage himself.

Information.
Ties can create a pit with 5 goblins in 4 turns.
Name:"Wears-A-Coat ( Delve Version)
Hp: 3/5
Attack: 4 ( 3 plus warhammer. Two handed.
def: 2 +1 to slashing weapons( Helmet +1)

Wears-a-long-coat
HP: 5/5 HP
MP: 3/3 MP
ATK: 3 ( +2 two handed bone sword)
DEF: 1
INT: 1

I'm very interested in playing a goblin game. If you create a new one let me know
Come join my game The New Goblin Warriors. viewtopic.php?f=136&t=113403
Jacon
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby kurik on Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:23 pm

"We should move on before to long, we really need to stop these guys." Blades tries to use a dagger as a mirror to see out a window. But only if the magic glow is turned off or dimed as much as possible.

On second thought, how's the weather? Maybe not the best idea if it's sunny, but it should be okay if it's really overcast or such.

SPOILERS:How long till the healing kicks in next?
If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little.
-George Carlin

Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform.
-Mark Twain

I thought this must be obvious to everyone else, as it seemed obvious to me; and that, if once it became apparent that we were on the edge, all the Great Powers would call a halt and recoil from the abyss.
-Edward Grey
kurik
Keenspot Despot

Postby Nerre on Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:23 pm

SPOILERS:VERY cool story this turn! but now i'm confused a little bit and have many questions. :D

How many goblins we have which are not requiered to run the camp? And do we have enough food left so the 13 requiered to run the camp could stop running it for this case of emergency? If we could get 10 to help ties, they could maybe have the trap ready earlier or build two of them.

Does Coats suggest Carves to get the other fighters, or to hit-an-run since he gives him command over the archers? Are this all 5 5 archer goblins normaly lead by Rocks Trees? I thought he was with one of the groups, either the orc helpers or the one fighting the undead.

PS: I will write two posts for each option so i don't slow down the gameplay. :)
Last edited by Nerre on Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Curse of the Gold:
MAP: Link to World Map
The New Goblin Warriors: Carves hide
HP:5/5 Def: 1 Location: G6 (warcamp)
Attack: Bow 8(9) (Marksman 6+, Coates +1)25% to miss // Short sword 4(5) (Short sword +2, Coates +1) // both: (1+ against any woodland creature)
Traits: Marksman 3, Hunter (Can create traps for small creatures, can do basic tracking, can skin animals. Gets a 1+ attack in dealing with any woodland creatures), Basic trainig with Coates, First aid, Deer gland 1/10 turns (partly washed of).
Inventory: Short Bow, Short Sword, Hunting dagger, 10 Arrows, Backpack, Hatchet, Flint, 30m Rope, Blanket, 5 Leather, 7 Meat, some Bones, 1 deer musk gland, 2 sinews, 1 set of stag antlers.

Slaves to the ring: Goron'Kar
HP:12/12 ATK: 2 DEF: 1
Abilities:
- Endurance (Passive) = he can defend himself while at 0 HP. Enemies must penetrate his defense to kill him.
- Shield Proficiency (Passive) = +1 Def when using a shield.
Nerre
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby BurnsBees on Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:46 pm

Spaz ignores them as he reads more of his book unless his friends/he are being attacked.
Beware of the ducks with bombs. They know who you are and they are out to get you.
BurnsBees
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Donnigan on Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:48 am

"And Ark...I have no idea what that means...Although, looking at the tunnel and considering the earthquakes...I'd say probably some kind of digger thing...Must be pretty large to make that big of a tunnel and squish so many rats..." HasBasTemper surmises, then starts to head down towards the other tunnel. "Come on, there's nothing we can do here other than take the stuff..."

He will help carry any of the loot he can.

SPOILERS:Like he said, probably a digger, like a purple worm or digger. Or maybe something to do with the undead.
Madre de Dios! Es El Pollo Diablo!

HasBadTemper
Hit Points: 6/6(+5 goblin, +1 tough)
Attack: 6???(+1 Goblin, +1 Training, +4 Battleaxe, +??? Cold???) (9??? if Raging)
Defence: 8(+1 Goblin, +1 Tough, +3 Kite Shield, +3 Studded Leather)(7 if Raging)(9 or 8 if Wearing Iron Mask, unlikely)
Traits:
Goblin Rage 2: if 2hp or below 4+ attack. - 1def. Can multi strike, first strike.
Shield Bash 1: 25% chance to stun small creatures.

Inventory: Iron Mask
Donnigan
Keenspot Despot

Postby YoungAndBeautiful on Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:50 am

SPOILERS:What could "and ark" mean? Is there any creature in the D&D world that has a similar sounding name? or maybe the rat is speaking in rat language...

Is the rat dead yet? If not, Tel'daac will try to get more out of him. If there is nothing new to learn, she will medicide him to keep him from suffering unnecessarily (yes, we are at war, but we can still act civilized).

Via ESP:"There are 2 tunnels leading away from where we are, Temper, the big one, where the "and ark" probably is, and another, normal sized, one. We should probably check out the normal one. There might be more rats and they might either be able to tell us about this "and ark" thingy, or need killing and looting. If this "and ark" thingy is threatening the whole lot of them, we might be able to negotiate after all. The orks would benefit greatly from this, and the rats probably can't face the "and ark" all alone, and might be accordingly grateful."
To her Squad she says: "Good job with the weapons. Now wait here."

If Tel'daac still has time after tending to the rat one way or another, she will restealth and scout the normal sized tunnel.

@Jacon: Would Walks and Smells have any chance to reach te goblin camp, if Tel'daac sent them back there on their own? They could really use the weapons there, but I don't want to risk their lives, with adventurers wandering around...

@ Nerre: Rocks is with Blades hunting the undead, afaik.
ATTENTION:
(Goblins and) Goblins Games is moving to a new Forum!

My nickname there will be GathersIngredients, btw.
YoungAndBeautiful
Keenspot Despot

Postby Jacon on Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:53 am

SPOILERS:12 is new required to run the camp. The goblins usually only stop to attack in full numbers when the warcamp is attacked otherwise the entire camp will suffer penelties. You can use as many archers as you want. Rocks is with Blades. Young it's not that far between the dungeon and the camp and it's fairly low risk but the weapons are heavy and I doubt they can carry all of them escpecielly with the flamethrower which is really heavy.

Wears-a-long-coat

I'm very interested in playing a goblin game. If you create a new one let me know
Jacon
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Nerre on Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:41 am

" Alright, maybe you should take the archers. Their fairly steathily though I wouldn't try to sneak up on the whole group with them. Unless you don't think thats a good choice for this.....I'll take the sisters and the guardian with me to back you up in case something goes wrong.... Coats said.

"Commanding the archers, thats some credit you give me!" Carves says. "Can you tell us a bit more about those two, if you know them? Is he realy a firemage? Is the other only a fighter or can he cast, too?".
After Coats answer, Carves thinks about a plan again, causing furrowed brows. (Please cut away the parts which don't fit to Coats answer, since i can only guess!)
"Well, if he is a firemage, we should prepare some buckets with water and wet linen cloth in them to extingish flames if he sets fire on somebody." He turns to ties ropes "Take the barrel of oil with you and put it in the trap, that way we can set those guys on fire if the survive the spikes. Or maybe they will even do it themselves if one is a firemage like i think."
"We should set up the trap in front of a long line of bushes, about two meters away from then. Coats, we should send everybody not requiered in the warcamp to help ties ropes. I would like to take two archers to scout ahead, while your melee fighters lurk in the bushes at the side and the three remaining archers directly behind the trap to lure the adventurers there. In any case, let somebody keep wet linen ready in case of somebody gets burned. I hope we won't come running back at you as living torches. Well .... what else?" Carves rubes his nose. "Hmm... We could also take the rope with us. If we tauten it through the bushes in the height of a dwarfen chest, we still could dash through below, while they would run right into it. Should give us a few seconds if the don't run into the trap. Get everybody who isn't a good melee fighter ready behind the bushes with long melee weapons like spears to poke them if they run into the rope." Carves rubes his nose again, then he lifts his head with one go and turns to Ties, smiling. "Ties, how about you create one or two fake trap close to the funtional one? While you cover the right one with patches of grass, so it looks real, you could dig up the ground left and right of the trap so it looks like a trap, with a slightly worser disguise? Coats, we should put the archers behind the fake ones, so they buy it. It's a risk for them, but it may work, leading them right into the real trap...did i forget something?" He looks around "Plays! Can you stick to the archers being the lure - sorry guys! - and support them and Coats melees with your magic?". Carves breathes fast, seems he isn't used to talk that much.
"Ok, thats it! What-what do you say, Coats?" he asks realizing he just ordered around nearly the whole camp.
If Coats agree he will say "Ok, then lets search for a good place for the trap together, cause if we don't know where you want to build it we can't lure them towards there! I will try to talk the teller into helping us, you go ahead, i can track you, just stamp a little harder than usually while walking."
He runss to her hut.
"Sorry about that, but you know i am right. If we wait, we may all die. Waiting doesn't make them weaker. The wiped out a whole clan, not just one warcamp, and just as well might do it again. If we loose everybody except one person it is still better than waiting and get all killed with our hometown maybe being next. If you do nothing, more will die than if you do something you don't like and think is wrong. I don't know if it works, but we have at least to try something." He pauses and looks sadly at her. "Please help us! Maybe you can give us some poison for our arrows? Or help Ties to disguise and poison the trap? Or help him coordinate the attack against the mage, since you are the only one of us with knowledge about magic and how to fight against it!"
If she agrees he says thanks and takes whatever she gives him, and sharing it with the other two archers. Then he will run to Fights and ask him if his armor is ready, maybe even some more for the others. If it is, he will equip it. His archers already got leather armors, so they don't need it. Then he will run towards Coats group and Ties, checking out where they want to build the trap.

SPOILERS:Looooooooooooooooooong post but so much options and things to think about. Sorry, Jacon!

PS: I will use the 008000 color now, to lazy to always type in 006000 manually.
Curse of the Gold:
Attack: Bow 8(9) (Marksman 6+, Coates +1)25% to miss // Short sword 4(5) (Short sword +2, Coates +1) // both: (1+ against any woodland creature)
Traits: Marksman 3, Hunter (Can create traps for small creatures, can do basic tracking, can skin animals. Gets a 1+ attack in dealing with any woodland creatures), Basic trainig with Coates, First aid, Deer gland 1/10 turns (partly washed of).
Inventory: Short Bow, Short Sword, Hunting dagger, 10 Arrows, Backpack, Hatchet, Flint, 30m Rope, Blanket, 5 Leather, 7 Meat, some Bones, 1 deer musk gland, 2 sinews, 1 set of stag antlers.

Abilities:
- Endurance (Passive) = he can defend himself while at 0 HP. Enemies must penetrate his defense to kill him.
Nerre
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Ziprath on Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:21 am

Scouts moves into M2 then N3.
The New Goblin Warriors
Scouts Ahead
ATK 7 +1(Goblin) +3(Duel Spears) +1(When using a spear-like weapon) + 1(Helmet) +1(Training)
Items: Backpack, flint and steel, 30ft rope. bedroll and a bottle. Holy symbol. Symbol of Kord, 79 gold, Potion of forest scent, purple vial
Ziprath
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Nerre on Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:59 pm

push.

what is up?
Curse of the Gold:

Abilities:
Nerre
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Jacon on Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:01 pm

SPOILERS:Weekends are breaks to contain my sanity, at least till schoolwork lets up

Teldaac tries to make the rat more comfortable but the rat gives one last choking gasp before slumping to the floor. Now died. Getting up Teldaac sends messages to Temper and tells her squad to stay put.

[color=#FF0000]"And Ark...I have no idea what that means...Although, looking at the tunnel and considering the earthquakes...I'd say probably some kind of digger thing...Must be pretty large to make that big of a tunnel and squish so many rats..."
Temper than picks up the big sword and the double headed axe to carry but gets confused as to which tunnel to enter.

Teldaac decaides to scout the smaller tunnel as she approaches it both orcs stop by the side of the doors and Torg rests a large hand on her shoulder.
" Torg be right outside if you need Torgs help." He than suanders off to the side.

Walks and smells give you a small wave goodbye as you enter the tunnel.
The tunnels turns several corners. Teldaac continues to stealth warily. Peeking around a corner she finds her first real room. It's small 30 by 30 foot room but its full of huge bulky rats wearing armor and clothes that look like they've seen better days. Most stand with halberds pointed at the tunnel you peek from, but you quickly duck away in the shadows before they notice you.
You close your eyes and try and remember what you saw. Looked like about 10-14 large rats in a armory like room. You saw a old rusty anvil at one side and what looks like a start to a forge. Several more weapon racks are around but their empty. Theirs another room behind the rats.

Meanwhile in the dead lands
"We should move on before to long, we really need to stop these guys." Blades mutters glancing at the reflection of his dagger. Its dark and cloudy out.
" Hmp...Just show me a blackrobe and i'll gut him like a fish!"
" Just a little bit longer...Than well head off to the pit..."
Spaz delves deeper into the spells of the book, he seems to be understanding a minor spell for weakening a foe...Next turn he should be able to fully learn it.

"Commanding the archers, thats some credit you give me! "Can you tell us a bit more about those two, if you know them? Is he realy a firemage? Is the other only a fighter or can he cast, too?".[/color]
" I know nothing about the dwarf. He's new....Reginold is a fighter but he doesn't cast spells. He's deadly either with the bow or the sword but with the sword he can smash through most armor. He was the one who took the brunt of my tribes attacks so he's tough as well. Goldskin most be with him. He's a priest who can cast powerful healing spells and defenesive spells.

"Well, if he is a firemage, we should prepare some buckets with water and wet linen cloth in them to extingish flames if he sets fire on somebody. Take the barrel of oil with you and put it in the trap, that way we can set those guys on fire if the survive the spikes. Or maybe they will even do it themselves if one is a firemage like i think.
We should set up the trap in front of a long line of bushes, about two meters away from then. Coats, we should send everybody not requiered in the warcamp to help ties ropes. I would like to take two archers to scout ahead, while your melee fighters lurk in the bushes at the side and the three remaining archers directly behind the trap to lure the adventurers there. In any case, let somebody keep wet linen ready in case of somebody gets burned. I hope we won't come running back at you as living torches. Well .... what else?
"Hmm... We could also take the rope with us. If we tauten it through the bushes in the height of a dwarfen chest, we still could dash through below, while they would run right into it. Should give us a few seconds if the don't run into the trap. Get everybody who isn't a good melee fighter ready behind the bushes with long melee weapons like spears to poke them if they run into the rope. "Ties, how about you create one or two fake trap close to the funtional one? While you cover the right one with patches of grass, so it looks real, you could dig up the ground left and right of the trap so it looks like a trap, with a slightly worser disguise? Coats, we should put the archers behind the fake ones, so they buy it. It's a risk for them, but it may work, leading them right into the real trap...did i forget something?" He looks around "Plays! Can you stick to the archers being the lure - sorry guys! - and support them and Coats melees with your magic?"

" Well I don't really see the point of creating false traps, won't that just alert the adventurers that their are traps about? and we can't dig that close without making some noise...
Coats nods his head in agreement and Fires says nothing.

SPOILERS:You have 21 ( Including fires) goblins at the camp. choose which ones you want to take with you..."

Several goblins rush about and grab the barrel of oil and some rope.

"Ok, then lets search for a good place for the trap together, cause if we don't know where you want to build it we can't lure them towards there! I will try to talk the teller into helping us, you go ahead, i can track you, just stamp a little harder than usually while walking."

Carves runs off to to talk to the Teller. once he enters his hut he finds him glaring at the fireplace he has. ( The only hut with a fire place. Not even the chief gets something like that)

"Sorry about that, but you know i am right. If we wait, we may all die. Waiting doesn't make them weaker. The wiped out a whole clan, not just one warcamp, and just as well might do it again. If we loose everybody except one person it is still better than waiting and get all killed with our hometown maybe being next. If you do nothing, more will die than if you do something you don't like and think is wrong. I don't know if it works, but we have at least to try something. Please help us! Maybe you can give us some poison for our arrows? Or help Ties to disguise and poison the trap? Or help him coordinate the attack against the mage, since you are the only one of us with knowledge about magic and how to fight against it!"
" My magic is peltry against a adventurers, I have no poison to offer you...If you feel you must go on a suicide mission I won't be joining you...If any of your survive you can bring your wounded back here and I will heal them...Otherwise I won't help you.."

Wears-a-long-coat

Jacon
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Jacon on Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:01 pm

SPOILERS:Weekends are breaks to contain my sanity, at least till schoolwork lets up

Teldaac tries to make the rat more comfortable but the rat gives one last choking gasp before slumping to the floor. Now died. Getting up Teldaac sends messages to Temper and tells her squad to stay put.

[color=#FF0000]"And Ark...I have no idea what that means...Although, looking at the tunnel and considering the earthquakes...I'd say probably some kind of digger thing...Must be pretty large to make that big of a tunnel and squish so many rats..."
Temper than picks up the big sword and the double headed axe to carry but gets confused as to which tunnel to enter.

Teldaac decaides to scout the smaller tunnel as she approaches it both orcs stop by the side of the doors and Torg rests a large hand on her shoulder.
" Torg be right outside if you need Torgs help." He than suanders off to the side.

Walks and smells give you a small wave goodbye as you enter the tunnel.
The tunnels turns several corners. Teldaac continues to stealth warily. Peeking around a corner she finds her first real room. It's small 30 by 30 foot room but its full of huge bulky rats wearing armor and clothes that look like they've seen better days. Most stand with halberds pointed at the tunnel you peek from, but you quickly duck away in the shadows before they notice you.
You close your eyes and try and remember what you saw. Looked like about 10-14 large rats in a armory like room. You saw a old rusty anvil at one side and what looks like a start to a forge. Several more weapon racks are around but their empty. Theirs another room behind the rats.

Meanwhile in the dead lands
"We should move on before to long, we really need to stop these guys." Blades mutters glancing at the reflection of his dagger. Its dark and cloudy out.
" Hmp...Just show me a blackrobe and i'll gut him like a fish!"
" Just a little bit longer...Than well head off to the pit..."
Spaz delves deeper into the spells of the book, he seems to be understanding a minor spell for weakening a foe...Next turn he should be able to fully learn it.

"Commanding the archers, thats some credit you give me! "Can you tell us a bit more about those two, if you know them? Is he realy a firemage? Is the other only a fighter or can he cast, too?".[/color]
" I know nothing about the dwarf. He's new....Reginold is a fighter but he doesn't cast spells. He's deadly either with the bow or the sword but with the sword he can smash through most armor. He was the one who took the brunt of my tribes attacks so he's tough as well. Goldskin most be with him. He's a priest who can cast powerful healing spells and defenesive spells.

"Well, if he is a firemage, we should prepare some buckets with water and wet linen cloth in them to extingish flames if he sets fire on somebody. Take the barrel of oil with you and put it in the trap, that way we can set those guys on fire if the survive the spikes. Or maybe they will even do it themselves if one is a firemage like i think.
We should set up the trap in front of a long line of bushes, about two meters away from then. Coats, we should send everybody not requiered in the warcamp to help ties ropes. I would like to take two archers to scout ahead, while your melee fighters lurk in the bushes at the side and the three remaining archers directly behind the trap to lure the adventurers there. In any case, let somebody keep wet linen ready in case of somebody gets burned. I hope we won't come running back at you as living torches. Well .... what else?
"Hmm... We could also take the rope with us. If we tauten it through the bushes in the height of a dwarfen chest, we still could dash through below, while they would run right into it. Should give us a few seconds if the don't run into the trap. Get everybody who isn't a good melee fighter ready behind the bushes with long melee weapons like spears to poke them if they run into the rope. "Ties, how about you create one or two fake trap close to the funtional one? While you cover the right one with patches of grass, so it looks real, you could dig up the ground left and right of the trap so it looks like a trap, with a slightly worser disguise? Coats, we should put the archers behind the fake ones, so they buy it. It's a risk for them, but it may work, leading them right into the real trap...did i forget something?" He looks around "Plays! Can you stick to the archers being the lure - sorry guys! - and support them and Coats melees with your magic?"

" Well I don't really see the point of creating false traps, won't that just alert the adventurers that their are traps about? and we can't dig that close without making some noise...
Coats nods his head in agreement and Fires says nothing.

SPOILERS:You have 21 ( Including fires) goblins at the camp. choose which ones you want to take with you..."

Several goblins rush about and grab the barrel of oil and some rope.

"Ok, then lets search for a good place for the trap together, cause if we don't know where you want to build it we can't lure them towards there! I will try to talk the teller into helping us, you go ahead, i can track you, just stamp a little harder than usually while walking."

Carves runs off to to talk to the Teller. once he enters his hut he finds him glaring at the fireplace he has. ( The only hut with a fire place. Not even the chief gets something like that)

"Sorry about that, but you know i am right. If we wait, we may all die. Waiting doesn't make them weaker. The wiped out a whole clan, not just one warcamp, and just as well might do it again. If we loose everybody except one person it is still better than waiting and get all killed with our hometown maybe being next. If you do nothing, more will die than if you do something you don't like and think is wrong. I don't know if it works, but we have at least to try something. Please help us! Maybe you can give us some poison for our arrows? Or help Ties to disguise and poison the trap? Or help him coordinate the attack against the mage, since you are the only one of us with knowledge about magic and how to fight against it!"
" My magic is peltry against a adventurers, I have no poison to offer you...If you feel you must go on a suicide mission I won't be joining you...If any of your survive you can bring your wounded back here and I will heal them...Otherwise I won't help you.."

Effects
Blades to be healed 4/5

Wears-a-long-coat

Jacon
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby kurik on Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:17 pm

"Well, no sign of the giant, it should be almost safe to head out." Blades sheathes his dagger and risks a glance out the window to confirm the giant has passed, then searches the shack for anything useful. (Since I don't remember if there was anything inside at all.)
If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little.
-George Carlin

Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform.
-Mark Twain

I thought this must be obvious to everyone else, as it seemed obvious to me; and that, if once it became apparent that we were on the edge, all the Great Powers would call a halt and recoil from the abyss.
-Edward Grey
kurik
Keenspot Despot

Postby BurnsBees on Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:30 pm

Spaz continues to read. "Hey, what happens when hard things are weakened?"

SPOILERS:......I have an idea....using this spell to get gemstone powder several turns before hand.
BurnsBees
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Jacon on Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:45 pm

Scouts enters n 3 np

Wears-a-long-coat

Jacon
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby kurik on Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:50 pm

BurnsBees wrote:Spaz continues to read. "Hey, what happens when hard things are weakened?"

"It depends, they can turn brittle, or mushy. And any number of things if your talking about creatures."
-George Carlin

-Mark Twain

-Edward Grey
kurik
Keenspot Despot

Postby Donnigan on Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:02 pm

"Well...Shit...That is far too many of them for us to take care of by ourselves..." HasBadTemper says, relaying the enemies strength and situation to Torg. "We need to send someone to tell torg we need more people in here, and maybe some other area of effect things. We have the flamer, but, more will always help."
Madre de Dios! Es El Pollo Diablo!

HasBadTemper
Hit Points: 6/6(+5 goblin, +1 tough)
Attack: 6???(+1 Goblin, +1 Training, +4 Battleaxe, +??? Cold???) (9??? if Raging)
Defence: 8(+1 Goblin, +1 Tough, +3 Kite Shield, +3 Studded Leather)(7 if Raging)(9 or 8 if Wearing Iron Mask, unlikely)
Traits:
Goblin Rage 2: if 2hp or below 4+ attack. - 1def. Can multi strike, first strike.
Shield Bash 1: 25% chance to stun small creatures.

Inventory: Iron Mask
Donnigan
Keenspot Despot

Postby YoungAndBeautiful on Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:21 pm

Tel'daac decides that it is time to do something brave (and maybe stupid) for a change of pace. While staying hidden in the shadows of the tunnel as much as she can, and out of reach of those halberds, she will shout to the rats in the armoury. "Hey there! We know you have experienced some unexpected problems down the other tunnel, and we were wondering if that change in your situation caused a change in your attitude towards waging war as well. If you are willing to talk, send one of you, unarmed, down this tunnel, and maybe there will be no need for any more bloodshed between orcs and rats, now that you face a possibly much bigger danger."
She will very wearily wait for any kind of response, ready to scram if more than one rat (or one very heavily armed, agressive rat) comes after her, also ready to relay instructions to Temper and the orcs, depending on if she is chased ("get the flamethrower up and ready and blow down the tunnel once I'm past") or if they (seem to) want to negotiate ("please give me some time, room and by all means don't hurt them, unless they attack first").

Jacon, can you tell me if Tel'daac will be (automatically) destealthed by crying out to them from in the shadows, somewhere they can't see because of positioning (angle), or not? Also, how straight is the tunnel, are there any corners or anything else to hide behind?

SPOILERS:Temper: as far as area weapons go, Tel'daac still has that scroll of fireball. But it might just fizzle, since none of us are a magic user, so I'd rather not use/depend on it.
ATTENTION:

YoungAndBeautiful
Keenspot Despot

Postby Ziprath on Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:19 am

Scouts enters O4 then A5.

SPOILERS:I know my posts have been a bit boring but once Scouts gets back to the village he will get more involved
The New Goblin Warriors
Scouts Ahead
Ziprath
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Nerre on Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:30 am

"I wonder why you even stay here and offer to heal the survivors when you think its all suicide and we all will die anyway, no matter what we do..." Carves mutters and leaves the tellers hut.

Carves checks if his armor is ready by asking Fights-Poorly and if it is, puts it on.

Then he and his archers join Coats and Ties and the others and starts walking into the woods. "ok, then let's forget about the fake traps. Was just an idea. I hope they think we are just some stupid animal like beast like most adventurers do, so they won't expect us to do something as tactical as building a trap and an ambush. I think we should just get outside of our warcamp a bit, not to build the trap right at their camp."
When Ties (the trapmaker, is this the correct name?) finds a good place for the trap, Carves and two of his archers (the other three are left back at the trap to lure the adventurers into it) make a mental note of the position and then head of in the direction the camp of the adventurers was. They travel light and carry only a little bit of food, water and their weapons so they can run faster and with less breaks. They are very carefully to be quiet and keep their eyes open all the time, since Carves also warns them about the wolves in this area, not only the adventurers. If they already encounter them this turn, they will shoot at them and then run back to the trap. If the wolves appear and attack, they will try to shoot them down. If the wolves only bypass them, they will try to avoid them. Carves will take his archers to the river from time to time to take a dip in the water, since he fears the fire magician.

(Carves will leave it to Coats to chose which fighters to take to the battle. If he is asked he will say "Anybody who has experience. And five more to dig the hole.")
Curse of the Gold:

Abilities:
Nerre
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Nerre on Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:51 pm

SPOILERS:Since Jacon wrote "you decide whom to take to the trap" here is my suggestion. I know we need 13 goblins to runt he warcamp, else it will suffer penalties, but i also think we should put our mainforce into it, since the adventurers are expected to be very strong. I would leave the warcamp at only 5 goblins for now and 11 when the trap is build, using 11 goblins for the ambush at the trap, plus 3 luring them there (carves+2 archers).
What do you say? Would you send less to the trap? Except for Scouts who comes running to the warcamp (3 turns left, correct?) nobody else is on his way, isn't it?

waiting at the trap (11):
1 Coats
1 Plays-With-Fire
2 bodyguard goblins
2 the katana sisters
1 Goblin guardian
3 archer goblins
1 master speargoblin

as the trapbuilder crew - Ties + 5 diggers (which should not fight and go back to the warcamp if the trap is done in time):
1 Ties-rope
1 Short sword goblin
4 spear goblins

on tour with Carves:
2 archer goblins
Curse of the Gold:

Abilities:
Nerre
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Jacon on Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:40 pm

SPOILERS:The front page needs some new editing. The short sword goblin is Smells and 1 one of the bodyguards is Walks and their not at the camp. Plus i'm not sure the goblin count is right and you might be pulling almost all the goblins out. The chief doesn't count towards the effieceny. Sorry guys, i'm getting slammed with hw both yesterday and today and sounds like its gonna continue till the weekend. I literally did not get a rest period till now and in 10 minutes I go to bed so I can get up without being a complete grumpy ass. So I might have to put this on hold for the week. I will update if I get enough time to do this and other projects i'm doing. However i'll update on the weekeneds. Sorry guys, hang in there. I'll properly have enough time to do some editing of the front page sometime tomorrow.

Wears-a-long-coat

Jacon
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby YoungAndBeautiful on Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:32 pm

SPOILERS:Thank you for the heads up.
One minor note of criticism, though: Had you told us before that Walks is a body guard, Tel'daac would not have assinged him for anywhere outside the camp. What's the sense in a body guard if he isn't near the person he is supposed to be guarding?

And @ Nerre: I am sorry to say so, but you shouldn't pull out as many goblins as to corrupt camp efficiency. Especially not to a mission where some of them might not come back from. In the past encounters with adventurers, alsways SOMEBODY died, and those weren't ones that - knowingly by us - had already erradicated a whole TRIBE, not just a warcamp. Don't throw our tribe after Coats' is all I'm saying. Your plan is not bad, but it might still not be enough, and there will be no second try. Best to try and keep a tab on them, where they are going, and put efforts towards keeping the camp hidden/lure them away from it and/or prepare the camp with traps and what not.
I feel serisouly bad for Tel'daac not being around when sh*t hits the fan, but the war against the rats and the undead seemed kind of important, too. With both of them multiplying like rabbits.
ATTENTION:

YoungAndBeautiful
Keenspot Despot

PreviousNext

Return to Goblins Games