The New Goblin Warriors.

Moderator: Thunt

Forum rules
Forum games go here.

Re: The New Goblin Warriors.

Postby BurnsBees on Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:33 pm

Spaz will constantly look out for more undead.
Beware of the ducks with bombs. They know who you are and they are out to get you.
BurnsBees
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby YoungAndBeautiful on Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:30 am

Tel'daac thinks it's time for a palaver with Gronk, what he wants to do now. The most interesting topics would be: the empty dungeon, the shaking of the earth, and the bigger, better equipped rats in the lower level(s?). He is the chief of the orcs, so he should get his say in these.
SPOILERS:I still think the flooding of the whole complex might be the opportune solution without too much casualties, but alas, it would take so much time. Also, it might not work at all, because we are not talking about regular rats, but walking talking tool using "intelligent" rats who might have found some way to drain their home. And even normal rats can swim...
ATTENTION:
(Goblins and) Goblins Games is moving to a new Forum!

My nickname there will be GathersIngredients, btw.
YoungAndBeautiful
Keenspot Despot

Postby Nerre on Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:39 am

Carves isn't shure if he heared a wolf howl, but he doesn't want to find it out the hard way.

If he doesn't find a safe place, he will drop one large piece of meat out of the seven he is carrying right where he stands and then walks into the water until it reaches his upper legs. He will ready his bow with one arrow, and continue to walk towards the warcamp alongside the river, wading in the water for at least a half kilometer. Maybe the meat will satisfy the wolves and the wading will let them loose his trail.

If there is a tree close by, which he can climb high enough to be save from the wolfs, he will do so. Else he will wade along the river, maybe there is a rock, a gravel bank or a a log the river washed ashore, which he could wade to. He remembers that wolfs don't like water that much. At least it would slow them down and he would be able to get a few more shots at them, maybe they would even slip on the ground, since wet rock, wet log or gravel are not made for large animals running on four feet and having claws. Also he would maybe lose the deer scent and would have a larger field of view from there.
If he finds something in the water to wade to or a tree to climb on he will do so and take out two arrows, one he will hold with his teeth, the other one he will clip into his bows sinew, ready to shot. If not, he will only ready his bow with one arrow while wading.

He thinks "Please let them pass by. A wolf and me already in such a state, that isn't good!"
Last edited by Nerre on Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Curse of the Gold:
MAP: Link to World Map
The New Goblin Warriors: Carves hide
HP:5/5 Def: 1 Location: G6 (warcamp)
Attack: Bow 8(9) (Marksman 6+, Coates +1)25% to miss // Short sword 4(5) (Short sword +2, Coates +1) // both: (1+ against any woodland creature)
Traits: Marksman 3, Hunter (Can create traps for small creatures, can do basic tracking, can skin animals. Gets a 1+ attack in dealing with any woodland creatures), Basic trainig with Coates, First aid, Deer gland 1/10 turns (partly washed of).
Inventory: Short Bow, Short Sword, Hunting dagger, 10 Arrows, Backpack, Hatchet, Flint, 30m Rope, Blanket, 5 Leather, 7 Meat, some Bones, 1 deer musk gland, 2 sinews, 1 set of stag antlers.

Slaves to the ring: Goron'Kar
HP:12/12 ATK: 2 DEF: 1
Abilities:
- Endurance (Passive) = he can defend himself while at 0 HP. Enemies must penetrate his defense to kill him.
- Shield Proficiency (Passive) = +1 Def when using a shield.
Nerre
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Donnigan on Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:46 am

"...Tel, didn't you see a large rat hand coming out of a hole? Maybe they're trying to get him out..." HasBadTemper suggests, then looks around. "Maybe they were trying to bring it down on top of us..."
Madre de Dios! Es El Pollo Diablo!

HasBadTemper
Hit Points: 6/6(+5 goblin, +1 tough)
Attack: 6???(+1 Goblin, +1 Training, +4 Battleaxe, +??? Cold???) (9??? if Raging)
Defence: 8(+1 Goblin, +1 Tough, +3 Kite Shield, +3 Studded Leather)(7 if Raging)(9 or 8 if Wearing Iron Mask, unlikely)
Traits:
Goblin Rage 2: if 2hp or below 4+ attack. - 1def. Can multi strike, first strike.
Shield Bash 1: 25% chance to stun small creatures.

Inventory: Iron Mask
Donnigan
Keenspot Despot

Postby kurik on Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:17 am

Blades just kinda rests unless undead come knocking.
If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little.
-George Carlin

Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform.
-Mark Twain

I thought this must be obvious to everyone else, as it seemed obvious to me; and that, if once it became apparent that we were on the edge, all the Great Powers would call a halt and recoil from the abyss.
-Edward Grey
kurik
Keenspot Despot

Postby Nerre on Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:01 am

SPOILERS:the tension is killing me, please don't let him be eaten by wolves! :( I hope Ziprath posts soon.
Curse of the Gold:
Attack: Bow 8(9) (Marksman 6+, Coates +1)25% to miss // Short sword 4(5) (Short sword +2, Coates +1) // both: (1+ against any woodland creature)
Traits: Marksman 3, Hunter (Can create traps for small creatures, can do basic tracking, can skin animals. Gets a 1+ attack in dealing with any woodland creatures), Basic trainig with Coates, First aid, Deer gland 1/10 turns (partly washed of).
Inventory: Short Bow, Short Sword, Hunting dagger, 10 Arrows, Backpack, Hatchet, Flint, 30m Rope, Blanket, 5 Leather, 7 Meat, some Bones, 1 deer musk gland, 2 sinews, 1 set of stag antlers.

Abilities:
- Endurance (Passive) = he can defend himself while at 0 HP. Enemies must penetrate his defense to kill him.
Nerre
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Jacon on Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:43 pm

SPOILERS:I'm still taking a bit of a holiday break, i'll update tomorrow when I get the chance. Cheers
Name:"Wears-A-Coat ( Delve Version)
Hp: 3/5
Attack: 4 ( 3 plus warhammer. Two handed.
def: 2 +1 to slashing weapons( Helmet +1)

Wears-a-long-coat
HP: 5/5 HP
MP: 3/3 MP
ATK: 3 ( +2 two handed bone sword)
DEF: 1
INT: 1

I'm very interested in playing a goblin game. If you create a new one let me know
Come join my game The New Goblin Warriors. viewtopic.php?f=136&t=113403
Jacon
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Jacon on Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:13 pm

Blades and Orga start to rest, leaning against the walls. Blades feels better, seems the poultice is working. Orga reapplies more to both of them.
Spaz casts detect undead but the only new thing that happens is he senses a overpowering necromancer magic coming from the east..

Scouts destroys the last undead.

Carves drops some deer meat on the shore before wading into the waters. He sticks close to the shore cause going deeper will cause him to be swept away by the powerful current. The water is only as deep as he's knees here. He splashes some water on his face and body to try and get rid of the smell and it helps a little bit. He continues into H7 and doesn't notice any wolves. In fact he can see a few goblins fishing up ahead. Looks like he's home sweet home.

"...Tel, didn't you see a large rat hand coming out of a hole? Maybe they're trying to get him out...Maybe they were trying to bring it down on top of us..." Says Temper, but Teldaac tells him the hand wasn't that big. Chances are it was one of the rats Teldaac saw in the tunnel.
She than asks Grank what they think they should do.
" I want to know whats going on down there. I think i'll send a small scout group down there to see whats going on. If they encounter to many they'll run back here and well be waiting for them. The earthquakes are slowing down and the dungeon is sturdy, I don't think it'll fall down...I'll send Torg and two soldiers with him...

Wears-a-long-coat

I'm very interested in playing a goblin game. If you create a new one let me know
Jacon
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Donnigan on Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:32 pm

"I'll go too. Who knows, they may need to get into some small places where we can be useful." HasBadTemper says as he follows Torg and the others back in, watching the area for rats and the like.

HasBadTemper
Attack: 6???(+1 Goblin, +1 Training, +4 Battleaxe, +??? Cold???) (9??? if Raging)
Defence: 8(+1 Goblin, +1 Tough, +3 Kite Shield, +3 Studded Leather)(7 if Raging)(9 or 8 if Wearing Iron Mask, unlikely)
Traits:
Goblin Rage 2: if 2hp or below 4+ attack. - 1def. Can multi strike, first strike.

Donnigan
Keenspot Despot

Postby Nerre on Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:16 pm

Carves continues to walk to the the warcamp, but stays alert. When he reaches it, he tries to find Fights-Poorly. "Hi. I'm back and i fullfilled my side of the deal." He smiles friendly while pulling out the leather for Fights. "I also brought some more parts which could be usefull. Maybe you can use the bones or antlers to reinforce the first armor, they are very robust but still not heavy." he grimaces as he feels his wound again, when he pulls out the bones and antlers out of the backpack. "I hope i realy get the first one you finish, looks like i need it" he says, pointing at the blood stained hole in his shirt around the wound. "i expect nothing left than your masterpiece, haha-ouch! ...sigh...shouldn't laugh. See you later, my friend." He heads of, trying to find the Teller to tend to his wound and maybe show him how to bandage himself (a first aid lesson) if he gets hurt again.
(If he find somebody on the way who can smoke or dry the meat to make it nonperishable, he will hand all 6 parts to him.)
Curse of the Gold:

Abilities:
Nerre
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby kurik on Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:39 pm

"Ah, that stuff works good, thanks. So, do you know about how far we are from the pit?"
If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little.
-George Carlin

Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform.
-Mark Twain

I thought this must be obvious to everyone else, as it seemed obvious to me; and that, if once it became apparent that we were on the edge, all the Great Powers would call a halt and recoil from the abyss.
-Edward Grey
kurik
Keenspot Despot

Postby Ziprath on Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:48 pm

Scouts moves into I1
The New Goblin Warriors
Scouts Ahead
6/6 Hp +5(Goblin) +1 (Tough)
ATK 7 +1(Goblin) +3(Duel Spears) +1(When using a spear-like weapon) + 1(Helmet) +1(Training)
DEF 6 +1(Goblin) +1(Helmet) +1 (Black wolf cloak) +1 (Tough) +2(Leather Armour)
Traits: Hunter, Spear mastery, First aid, Tough
Items: Backpack, flint and steel, 30ft rope. bedroll and a bottle. Holy symbol. Symbol of Kord, 79 gold, Potion of forest scent, purple vial
Ziprath
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby YoungAndBeautiful on Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:44 am

Tel'daac will politely ask if she and/or Temper can have one more potion (all the killed orcs might have gotten one, but not drunk it, and will not need it anymore, so there may be some to spare. She doesn't say that, of course, that's just to explain my train of thought as a player!), and whether she gets it (she'll thank for it, if she gets one) or not will go with the scout group back into the rat's den. Again, she will be mindful of traps, rats and the quickest/safest way to the exit, and of course, she will go stealthed.
She also instructs her squad to come with them, but to keep quiet. (We might have some use for the flamethrower down there.)
Before they all reenter the den, though, Tel'daac will take another dip in the pool, and order her squad - and advise anyone else strongly - to do so as well. And the bandana/strip of cloth in front of the mouth/nose is mentioned by her to them again, pointing out its usefulness to protect from smoke, poison, etc.
ATTENTION:

YoungAndBeautiful
Keenspot Despot

Postby Jacon on Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:12 pm

Teldaac agrees to go with the scouting group and asks for more potions. Both Temper and Teldaac are given a potion for themselves. Teldaac takes a quick dip but no one joins her. Grank gives Torg Stern words mostly about remembering that it's a scouting mission and not to stick around for a big fight. Torg, two grizzled looking veterans and the goblins head down into the pit...
" How exciting! I can b-" Smells starts to say before Walks turns his head and tells him to shut up.
Teldaac gets down first stealthed. The large armored rats are gone and she can no trace of them. The rest of the group follows behind her. The earth trembles again quite strongly but the tunnels seem well built and don't look like their gonna collapse.

Carves approaches FIghts-Poorly and hands him the five pieces of leather. "Hi. I'm back and i fullfilled my side of the deal. "I also brought some more parts which could be usefull. Maybe you can use the bones or antlers to reinforce the first armor, they are very robust but still not heavy."
" This is great! I'll be able to equip all the new goblins with this...I'm not sure if I can use the bone parts though.
"I hope i realy get the first one you finish, looks like i need it. i expect nothing left than your masterpiece, haha-ouch! ...sigh...shouldn't laugh. See you later, my friend."

" I'll be sure to have it done soon."
Carves hands his meat over to somone who says he can smoke it. He than goes to the teller and gets healed up and the teller shows him first aid.

Scouts moves into L1 right outside the house. He hears something coming from the east. He squints his eyes and he thinks he see's something large approaching from the east.
"Ah, that stuff works good, thanks. So, do you know about how far we are from the pit?"
" Not far....But very dangerous..We have to be careful..."

Effects
Blades will be healed in 2/5.

Traits.
First aid: Can bring a goblin back from 0 hp.

Wears-a-long-coat

Jacon
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Ziprath on Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:27 pm

Scouts heads east to invesigate.
He tries to remain hidden.
The New Goblin Warriors
Scouts Ahead
6/6 Hp +5(Goblin) +1 (Tough)
ATK 7 +1(Goblin) +3(Duel Spears) +1(When using a spear-like weapon) + 1(Helmet) +1(Training)
DEF 6 +1(Goblin) +1(Helmet) +1 (Black wolf cloak) +1 (Tough) +2(Leather Armour)
Traits: Hunter, Spear mastery, First aid, Tough
Items: Backpack, flint and steel, 30ft rope. bedroll and a bottle. Holy symbol. Symbol of Kord, 79 gold, Potion of forest scent, purple vial
Ziprath
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Nerre on Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:30 pm

Carves thanks the teller for teaching and healing him and tells her the story about the adventurers torturing the kobolds while she tends to his wounds. "I can't tell how strong those adventurers are or if i saw them all, but they are close and i'm burning to help those poor kobolds, if we can spare some fighters. I fear they might come here anyway. I learned that we got much more fighters than those who are here at the moment, where is everybody?" He also tells her about the wolves, but he doesn't put that much importance into this part of his story. After that, he walks to Coats, since he thinks he is some kind of temporary chief until the chief is healed, and he should hear the story too. He repeats it and asks Coats what to do.

SPOILERS:Can you give me a reason to join the others please or some help against the wolves/adventurers? I really would like to do one of those things but i will not mix up the wishes of the player with the wishes of the character. Since he neither would fight against a uncertain amount of wolves let be adventurers, and he has no reason to search for the others yet, i'm not shure what to do. I want to stick to my role and i don't want to use the ESP link before Carves met another players char in person. I want to provide good roleplaying. :)

In case of no other option, he would continue to hunt or scout on those adventurers. Maybe set up some traps in the direction the wolves and adventurers are.
Last edited by Nerre on Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Curse of the Gold:

Abilities:
Nerre
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Nerre on Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:33 pm

SPOILERS:
Jacon wrote:Blades will be healed in 2/5.

Does this mean he will be healed in 2 rounds, or 1 per round, or is he already healed up like it says in the text about the teller healing him? Sorry, i'm confused

EDIT: Sorry, it was late and tired as i was i read Carves, not Blades. Nevermind!
Last edited by Nerre on Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Curse of the Gold:

Abilities:
Nerre
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby kurik on Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:35 pm

Blades pulls out one of his daggers and looks it over. "Ugh, I'll be glad when this undead business is done. Other than two adventurer attacks, their the only things I've got to fight in [time since game start]".
-George Carlin

-Mark Twain

-Edward Grey
kurik
Keenspot Despot

Postby Donnigan on Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:06 am

SPOILERS:Can we get a description/picture of where we are? I know we're down the tunnel Tel went down before, but what exits are there and what features?

HasBadTemper
Traits:

Donnigan
Keenspot Despot

Postby YoungAndBeautiful on Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:59 am

Did we go down the hole in the statue room? If so, which one, or do they both lead to the same corridor, just at different spots of it. And I agree with Donnigan, a bit more info would be nice.

Will post actions, as soon as I have a better idea of where I am and what there is to interact with. But Tel stays stealthed in any case.
ATTENTION:

YoungAndBeautiful
Keenspot Despot

Postby Jacon on Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:30 pm

Carves talks to the teller telling her about the adventurers and the kobold. "I can't tell how strong those adventurers are or if i saw them all, but they are close and i'm burning to help those poor kobolds, if we can spare some fighters. I fear they might come here anyway. I learned that we got much more fighters than those who are here at the moment, where is everybody?"
" They haven't found us yet....Maybe if we leave them alone they'll keep going....I don't want to seem insensative to the Kobolds fate but we have our own to look after and we could lose alot of warriors and might not even win,... Our warriors are all around doing their normal tasks.
Carves walks away disgruntled by the Tellers responce. He finds Coats at his tent outside of the village calmly smoking a pipe.
He repeats the story and notices that Coats seems to be agitated and gets angrier and angrier as he repeats what he saw. When he describes the Tall human with the broadsword Coats leaps to his feet.
" I've waited long enough to strike against Reginold! and if Goldskin is with him all the better!
Grabbing his magical broken spear tip ( Acting as a long sword for the goblin) and his large goblin shield he heads towards the center of the village.
" Goblins of the lost home! Adventurers to the east! Gather your arms and prepare for battle.
Goblins stop what their doing and quickly grab their weapons, however the teller steps in and gets into a arguement with Coats about getting involved. The other goblins stop puzzled.

Teldaac and Temper go down further into the dirt tunnel and enter a larger room with a higher ceiling than the low roof tunnels. The room is a scattered mass of tables and chairs which have been knocked down. You can see several weapons racks that have also been knocked down, a few still contain larger swords and axes and even a few halberds. Several large armored rats ( six) lay on the ground in bleeding piles of blood. One rat is smashed flat and another one has no legs and is bleeding viciously from his stumps.
Their are two tunnels from this room. One is huge like this room leading west. This tunnel looks very messy as dirt clumps are still falling from the roof of it. Mounds and piles of dirt cover the floor of this tunnel. It turns a little ways in so you can't see very far.
The other is smaller to the north. Almost a door way and looks like the tunnel you just came from.
" The hell?" Torg says as he enters the room. His orcs shrug theirs shoulders just as confused. Than they hear heavy breathing and you can the rat with his legs removed is still breathing though very shallowly.
SPOILERS:Sorry I wasn't very descraptive in the last update. I hope it's that I moved you forward where their were some actual details. The tunnel you came from was just a dirt tunnel that was long. Not very interesting.

Scouts starts towards east but has to duck behind a mound before he can enter the next square if he is to remain hidden from whats coming. Luckily he hids well enough not to be seen. Good thing to cause as he peeks he sees a....Oh dear....
SPOILERS:In this simple plains terrain it's hard to hide. Lucky you rolled a six.

Blades pulls out one of his daggers and looks it over. "Ugh, I'll be glad when this undead business is done. Other than two adventurer attacks, their the only things I've got to fight in
" Uh guys...You might want to see this... Leon says as he ducks away from the window and just peeks from the side. Blades takes a step and looks and sees a huge man carrying a club. He stands at around 11 feet carrying a large tree as a club. His jaw is gone revealing a bloody mess on his throat. His bald with bits of hair hanging around the sides of his head. Tribal tattos cover his shoulders. His huge eyes are diluted white and he stares blankly in the distance.
" Looks like the black robes got their hands on a hill giant...Maybe a Broken Rock....Step away from the window, it would be bad if he saw us...." Orga says stepping away from the window.

Wears-a-long-coat

Jacon
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Donnigan on Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:32 pm

SPOILERS:Dude! DIBS!

"What happened here?" HasBadTemper says as he approaches the rat, holding his shield at the ready in case if somehow attacks. He also feels a longing to go towards the undead, but shakes it off.

HasBadTemper
Traits:

Donnigan
Keenspot Despot

Postby kurik on Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:36 pm

Blades stays away from all windows. "That... is the most messed up thing I have ever seen. Let's hope they only have the one."

SPOILERS:The stupid part of my brain that thinks I can kill anything SOOOO wants to go all 'Shadow of the Colossus' on that thing right now. But I have goblin sized daggers and it has a giant sized skull. This saddens me.
-George Carlin

-Mark Twain

-Edward Grey
kurik
Keenspot Despot

Postby Nerre on Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:45 am

As surprised Carves was by the tellers' faint-hearted reaction, he is even more surprised about Coats's growing rage while hearing the story. Seems there are some old scores to settle. Carves didn't want to start an argument of this level. He paces over to them and tries to mediate in the argument: "Calm down, both of you, please! We can neither stay here unprepared as if nothing happened, nor can we walk straight at them and wage a war we maybe cannot win!"
He looks at Coats with a sad face. "I don't know what they did to you Coats, and i feel sorry seeing how angry it makes you, but they looked menacing enought to take out a whole warcamp, even if it's only the two i've seen. It's maybe more of them. So we should not charge in there blindly, with only my shallow reconnaissance at hand, especially if half of our good fighters are elsewhere."
He turns to the teller with a grave look on his face. "So we should wait, like you say. But you are wrong about sitting it out. We are a WARcamp after all. We should use the time left to gather our forces and try to call them home. We should prepare traps in the direction they will come from. We might even send out runners to lure them into them, or to do some hit-and-run before we meet them in open battle. The dwarf had scorched hands, which i think means he is a fire mage. I don't want him to enter our warcamp and burn it down. So Coats is right at that point - we have to meet them outside and dictate where the battle takes place!"
He continues with a mediating voice. "So could we please sit down and start to create a battleplan instead of fighting each other?"
He hopes he didn't go too far talking to them like that. "I volunteer to help to gather our fighters or do some hit-and-run. I am used to run through the woods. Travelling light, i could maybe save some time. Only weapons and a few rations, no backpack."

SPOILERS:He still doesn't know where they are, but maybe he already heared where the orc town is and that some of them are there.
Last edited by Nerre on Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Curse of the Gold:

Abilities:
Nerre
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby YoungAndBeautiful on Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:00 am

Tel'daac will do what she can to ease the rat's pain (except medicide) and try to get as much info as she can from them, talking in a low, soft, soothing voice. But she still remains alert, ready to evade, in case the rat tries any funny business.

She also orders Walks and Smells to pick up as many weapons for the goblin camp from the racks as they can carry, but does so discretely, as not to disturb the injured rat.

SPOILERS:Very nice approach on the conflict, Carves. And really the only sensible thing to do, too. :wink:
ATTENTION:

YoungAndBeautiful
Keenspot Despot

PreviousNext

Return to Goblins Games