The Apprentices: COMPLETE (Epilogue now posted)

Moderator: Thunt

Forum rules
Forum games go here.

Re: The Apprentices: Sign-ups Open

Postby DesperateFool on Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:55 am

Btw I don't play any other keenspot games so it would be a good decision to pick me :P.LOL
Your death-My joy.

Host of Nightbeast. Join!
DesperateFool
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby thinkslogically on Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:49 am

heh! I'm afraid this will be pretty much random - In the interests of testing the game, I'm going to choose one goblin from each ability (from my point of view there's no point playing with 4 tanks for example) and then the fourth will be totally random from whoever's left. If this goes well though I'll run a bigger game later on with more spaces.
Turning points of data into beautiful lines since 2006

Running:
Lair of the Mountain King: Chapter One
Obsidian Portal Link (character info, inventories, monsters): http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/lair-of-the-mountain-king

Escape!: Open to All.

The Goblin Apprentices! - COMPLETE at Turn 50
thinkslogically
Keenspot Despot

Postby DesperateFool on Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:08 pm

Is it 9:00 in British time?
Your death-My joy.

DesperateFool
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby thinkslogically on Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:14 pm

Right folks, that's sign-ups done!

The four goblin apprentices will be:

1. Wears a Coat - Tank (Jacon)
2. Dies in Water - Shadow (LicentiousDey)
3. SmellstheGround - Scout (Taberah)
4. ImaLamp - Scout (DesperateFool)

Looks like you got 2 scouts for your group, courtesy of random.org! Also, just to clarify, the '2 turns per move' when exploring a new area doesn't count in the village (you have all lived here for a long time after all!) or if you're travelling on a road.

So let's get started! There are four locations you can visit in the village:

Training House (current)
Teller's Hut
Warg Training Ground
Marketplace (Apothecary)

Alternatively you can leave the village and head into the wilds (though you might want to grab some gear first!).

Over to you... :)

Running:
Obsidian Portal Link (character info, inventories, monsters): http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/lair-of-the-mountain-king

thinkslogically
Keenspot Despot

Postby thinkslogically on Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:14 pm

DesperateFool wrote:Is it 9:00 in British time?

It is :D

Running:

thinkslogically
Keenspot Despot

Postby DesperateFool on Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:15 pm

Yahoo!
Your death-My joy.

DesperateFool
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby arles on Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:17 pm

SPOILERS:Oh, tough luck! Well, best wishes to the chosen ones =P

I'll try to enter the next game then ^^
///I'm a Graphic Designer and I like forum games///
///DeviantART///

Image Image
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ImageDungeon Keeper - Chief | The Awesomesword Wanes | Map
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ImageCrimson Fire | Destiny of the Stonetear Clan | Map
HP: 5/5 | ATK: 4 (+3 Longsword) | DEF: 4 (+1 Leather Armor, +1 Ironclad stompers) | Inventory: Leather Bag. Skull. Goblin Journal.
arles
Keenspot Despot

Postby DesperateFool on Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:19 pm

I'll go to the training ground
Your death-My joy.

DesperateFool
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby thinkslogically on Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:27 pm

arles wrote:
SPOILERS:Oh, tough luck! Well, best wishes to the chosen ones =P

I'll try to enter the next game then ^^

Yeah, sorry about that! I'm pretty amazed at the numbers of people wanting in if I'm honest :)

Running:

thinkslogically
Keenspot Despot

Re: The Apprentices: Goblin Game

Postby LicentiousDey on Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:38 pm

Dies will go inside the training hut and see if there is any gear he can take, maybe a cloak and dagger...
“Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Cthulhu R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn.”

CunningStrategist, Lv6 Trainee Strategist

Feats: Cheer Range 3, Cheer Effect 3

Morze Thok
Hp:1/5
At:6 (+4 MAGIC Two-Handed Sword | 50% +2)
Df:4 (+3 Helm, +1 Jeans Outfit)
Inventory:
LicentiousDey
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby askstoomuch on Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:43 pm

i am looking foward to following this game it looks very promising i love your drawing style so far it gives the game a really happy feeling :D
askstoomuch
Keenspot Despot

Postby Jacon on Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:41 pm

Wears A Coat

Coats nods his head at the trainer respectfully before entering the training building in search of gear. He aches for the feel of a good weapon in his hand to comfort him. Now finally he is given a chance to prove his worth to his tribe and he doesn't plan on failing.
Name:"Wears-A-Coat ( Delve Version)
Hp: 3/5
Attack: 4 ( 3 plus warhammer. Two handed.
def: 2 +1 to slashing weapons( Helmet +1)

Wears-a-long-coat
HP: 5/5 HP
MP: 3/3 MP
ATK: 3 ( +2 two handed bone sword)
DEF: 1
INT: 1

I'm very interested in playing a goblin game. If you create a new one let me know
Come join my game The New Goblin Warriors. viewtopic.php?f=136&t=113403
Jacon
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby ThinkingOfNames on Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:04 pm

SPOILERS:Awww well, i will be one of the onlookers and well wishers then.
ThinkingOfNames
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Taberah on Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:03 pm

SPOILERS:Wooo, my first post lead to something good. I should of asked this before game started does moving count as a major, minor action, or are move actions completely separate. Also this is the first time I've ever done a forum game, though I've been lurking, if I do anything that breaks etiquette feel free to call me out on it.

Smells the Ground

"Don't worry Good-at Punching I won't let the thief get away."

Smells respectfully approaches the teller and asks a lot questions, "I know your busy and all but if you don't mind I have a couple questions. Have you traded with this particular bugbear before? Did he seem intent on getting the amulet? I know he stole it; I mean did he seem overly interested and persistent on trading for it? One more important question do you know where any bugbears live? It might be easy to find him if we have an idea where he's going. Ooo and one more thing am I allowed to borrow a Warg? it's keen nose would be helpful for finding the thing that did this to you.

If the Teller said yes I go to the Warg Training Ground.

If the Teller said no I go to the Apothecary.

SPOILERS:o: now I know a bit more how it works, I'll do some of the other stuff later. Wasn't sure if I got two moves and two minors. Hopefully this move is rules legal. Minor talking to the teller, Move changing areas depending on the response.
Last edited by Taberah on Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Taberah
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby thinkslogically on Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:54 am

Ok, that's about 3 turns worth of stuff in there!

Because you're talking at length to these characters, I'm going to count that as your (minor) action for each turn. You then get to move to one location, but because they are unexplored (in game) so far, that will end your turn. Also, I should have clarified, but the Teller is the orange goblin in the dress at the training hut (my bad!) so you don't need to go anywhere to talk to her.

In the order you've posted your actions, I would interpret that as being:

Minor: Talk to the Teller (here)
Move: Head to the Teller's Hut

If you want to amend those actions before I update then feel free though :)

Oh - and conditional (if/then) statements are absolutely fine.

Running:

thinkslogically
Keenspot Despot

Postby thinkslogically on Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:27 am

Turn 2

Keen to get their hands on some weaponry, Dies in Water and Wears a Coat follow Good-at-Punching inside the training hut.

"Right then, you'll be wanting to be properly armed before you head out into the wilds I imagine. For weapons you can choose between the Longword (+2 Att), Bow & Arrows (+2 attack, ranged; 20% chance of missing the target) or the Twin Daggers (+1 Att; +25% chance of a critical hit).

For armour, you've got the choice of Heavy (+2 Def; can't be used by scouts), Light (+1 Def) or None (+10% bonus to sneaking / hiding)."

Meanwhile, SmellstheGround talks to Didn't-See-That-Coming outside:

"I know your busy and all but if you don't mind I have a couple questions. Have you traded with this particular bugbear before? Did he seem intent on getting the amulet? I know he stole it; I mean did he seem overly interested and persistent on trading for it? One more important question do you know where any bugbears live? It might be easy to find him if we have an idea where he's going. Ooo and one more thing am I allowed to borrow a Warg? it's keen nose would be helpful for finding the thing that did this to you."

The teller blinks at the list of questions, then replies:
"Right, well as for a warg, I have no idea. You'll have to ask Dances-with-Wolves at the warg training ground about that. I can tell you about the bugbear though... I've never seen him around before, but that's not unusual. We are very secluded up here in the mountains after all, so visitors are rare anyway. He wasn't that intent on getting the amulet I must admit... In fact, all he really wanted was something unique to our clan, so I gave him an amulet with the clan arms engraved on it. I figured he was just a tourist looking for a souvenir until his stupid runes blew up half my shack! The amulet's of no real value, but it's the principle of the thing dammit and I want it back!

I've never heard of any bugbears living around these parts before, so I don't know where you'd find him. But then tracking is what you lot are good at isn't it?" Anyway, I drew a picture of him so you know who you're looking for. Big stupid, hairy, ugly thing...

SmellstheGround thanks the Teller for the information and follows ImaLamp to the Warg training ground. Dances-With-Wolves looks up as they approach but doesn't say anything.

SPOILERS:Early update today cos I have to go out later on. Next update will be tomorrow around 9.30pm BST I imagine depending on when I get home. Also, your goblins will do more than just stand around I promise, just didn't have time to draw new sprites for today.
Last edited by thinkslogically on Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Running:

thinkslogically
Keenspot Despot

Postby arles on Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:01 am

SPOILERS:Nice art! This one is looking good =D
///I'm a Graphic Designer and I like forum games///
///DeviantART///

Image Image
ImageDungeon Keeper - Chief | The Awesomesword Wanes | Map
ImageCrimson Fire | Destiny of the Stonetear Clan | Map
HP: 5/5 | ATK: 4 (+3 Longsword) | DEF: 4 (+1 Leather Armor, +1 Ironclad stompers) | Inventory: Leather Bag. Skull. Goblin Journal.
arles
Keenspot Despot

Postby thinkslogically on Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:12 am

Cheers! It's amazing what you can do in Paint, and the tricks with transparency and layers (from the God School thread) make everything a million times easier. All you need to do is draw the backgrounds then layer stuff on however you want :)

Running:

thinkslogically
Keenspot Despot

Postby Jacon on Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:33 am

Wears A Coat

Coats will take the heavy armor and the sword. Now he's ready to take on any bugbear that steals from his tribes...
He will than step outside and nod respectfully at the teller before speaking.
" Journey will be far and hard. Might get hurt...You have any potions or items that could help us?" He says in his simplestic way.
Name:"Wears-A-Coat ( Delve Version)
Hp: 3/5
Attack: 4 ( 3 plus warhammer. Two handed.
def: 2 +1 to slashing weapons( Helmet +1)

Wears-a-long-coat
HP: 5/5 HP
MP: 3/3 MP
ATK: 3 ( +2 two handed bone sword)
DEF: 1
INT: 1

I'm very interested in playing a goblin game. If you create a new one let me know
Come join my game The New Goblin Warriors. viewtopic.php?f=136&t=113403
Jacon
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Taberah on Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:18 am

Smells the ground

Smells waves to Dances-With-Wolves as he gets closer, "Morning, Wolves I take it you know what happened to the teller recently?" smells will show him the teller's drawing, while being careful not to upset the wargs. "As you can see the bugbear gives off quite a stench and if we had a warg the process of tracking him would be much easier. I know this is asking a lot and all but could we borrow a warg. We'll be careful to treat em properly and make sure he doesn't get hurt.

If Wolves continues to chat with us or it takes a turn to get a worg I'll stay here.

If I receive a warg I'll go to the tellers hut.

If he says no or I don't get the warg, I'll head to the Apothecary.

SPOILERS:DesperateFool, if you want I can edit my post/coordinate what to do with ya. After all ya definitely posted going here before, I could just move over to a new area while ya chat with em.
Last edited by Taberah on Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Taberah
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby LicentiousDey on Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:27 am

DiesByWater takes the twin daggers and the nothing (lol) and thanks the training warden breifly before heading to the apothecary.
“Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Cthulhu R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn.”

CunningStrategist, Lv6 Trainee Strategist

Feats: Cheer Range 3, Cheer Effect 3

Morze Thok
Hp:1/5
At:6 (+4 MAGIC Two-Handed Sword | 50% +2)
Df:4 (+3 Helm, +1 Jeans Outfit)
Inventory:
LicentiousDey
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby DesperateFool on Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:01 am

"This looks FUNNN!!!!" ImaLamp says as he rushes happily into a pit of wargs. After persuading Dances-With-Wolves to give him a warg (if i can do that..), Imalamp goes over to the training hut and grabs what he can find.
Your death-My joy.

DesperateFool
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby thinkslogically on Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:55 am

Turn 3

Wears a Coat thanks the Punches for the gear and heads back out side to talk to the Teller.

"Journey will be far and hard. Might get hurt...You have any potions or items that could help us?"

"Hmmm... If you want potions you'll need to speak to the apothecary, that's really more her field of expertise than mine. I did have a wand of healing, but I haven't seen it since I moved my things down to the training house here. Must have left it in my hut I suppose. Not that you'll get in mind, I've left extra security while it's being repaired hehehe"

Meanwhile over at the warg enclosure, ImaLamp attempts to hurl himself into the pit of fully grown, battle-hungry war-wargs...

And is stopped by Dances-with-Wolves.
Woah there young-un! These be vicious battle wargs, not fluffy little pets! No-one comes in here except me unless you particularly want to be the special of the day

"Morning, Wolves I take it you know what happened to the teller recently?" smells will show him the teller's drawing, while being careful not to upset the wargs. "As you can see the bugbear gives off quite a stench and if we had a warg the process of tracking him would be much easier. I know this is asking a lot and all but could we borrow a warg. We'll be careful to treat em properly and make sure he doesn't get hurt.

Dances-with-Wolves raises an eyebrow at being addressed so informally, but replies anyway
"Well, like I said to your companion here, these beasties are adults, which means they've already been bonded to a goblin. That's me, by the way, so these ones won't listen to anyone else. I certainly don't have time to come with you so I'm afraid these beasts are staying here too.

...Although, come to think of it I might have something that would suit you. Might not be quite what you had in mind though, she's a bit... well, reckless shall we say. Wait here a moment I'll go and fetch her.

While Smells the Ground waits for Dances with Wolves to come back, ImaLamp heads over to the training house to choose his gear.

"All right lad, you've got the same choice as the others for your gear. For weapons you can choose between the Longword (+2 Att), Bow & Arrows (+2 attack, ranged; 20% chance of missing the target) or the Twin Daggers (+1 Att; +25% chance of a critical hit). For armour, you've got the choice of Heavy (+2 Def; can't be used by scouts), Light (+1 Def) or None (+10% bonus to sneaking / hiding)."

Dies in water visits the marketplace where the apothecary is advertising her wares.

Potions! Lotions! Balms! All the finest unguents in the village! POTIONS!!!! LOTIONS!!!! BAAAAAAALMS!

She's certainly enthusiastic!

SPOILERS:Woo! early update! If you guys all post your actions before I got to sleep tonight you might even get a douple update :) Also, in case anyone was wondering, the reason the apothecary's shack is so big is because this village was built around an older, abandoned settlement originally built by humans. Or something. It has absolutely nothing to do with me forgetting to scale the backgrounds and the sprites... :shifty:
Last edited by thinkslogically on Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Running:

thinkslogically
Keenspot Despot

Postby LooksAndSmiles on Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:03 am

SPOILERS:I must say, I really like your art style, thinks. Keep up the good work! Also, this game seems to be fun! :D
LooksAndSmiles
Keenspot Despot

Postby Taberah on Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:20 am

Smells the ground

Smells waits getting more excited the longer wolves is gone. What could be bringing back?

Whatever Wolves offers, smells accepts and thanks him.

If it's an animal Smells asks what type of needs it has and if there is anything he should be careful about.

SPOILERS:I wonder what it is. I'm enjoying the game more then I thought I was going to. Tiz my first forum game so I wasn't sure how it was going to turn out.
Taberah
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

PreviousNext

Return to Goblins Games