The Apprentices: COMPLETE (Epilogue now posted)

Moderator: Thunt

Forum rules
Forum games go here.

Re: The Apprentices: Goblin Game

Postby Taberah on Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:53 pm

I have a question if people move with a scout into a new area do they still stuffer the movement penalty?
Taberah
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby DesperateFool on Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:58 pm

thinkslogically wrote:
DesperateFool wrote:Sorry, family thing.

Imalamp runs to the fight and tries to take off the head of the short guy.

Ok, but the redcap's already dead.

Oh, then he just follows Dies then.
Your death-My joy.

Host of Nightbeast. Join!
DesperateFool
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby thinkslogically on Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:58 am

I have a question if people move with a scout into a new area do they still stuffer the movement penalty?

Nah, if they say they're following a scout then they can arrive at the same time.
Turning points of data into beautiful lines since 2006

Running:
Lair of the Mountain King: Chapter One
Obsidian Portal Link (character info, inventories, monsters): http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/lair-of-the-mountain-king

Escape!: Open to All.

The Goblin Apprentices! - COMPLETE at Turn 50
thinkslogically
Keenspot Despot

Postby thinkslogically on Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:00 am

Also, just to point out, but just because the image doesn't show anything doesn't mean there's nothing to find by searching / tracking for instance. You don't HAVE to just wander about until you find things (though you're more than welcome to if you want!).

Running:
Obsidian Portal Link (character info, inventories, monsters): http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/lair-of-the-mountain-king

thinkslogically
Keenspot Despot

Postby Taberah on Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:26 am

I'm not sure if this is too close to the update, if so no big deal just ignore it o;

Since licks doesn't have an action, while shes moving south she'll search the area with redcap in it.
Edit of course she's looking for the scent she has been following thus far
Taberah
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby thinkslogically on Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:57 am

Turn 14

Ah right... Loot :shifty: yeah, totally thought of that before we started... <ahem>

So, with the redcap dispatched, everyone pretty much dives in to loot the corpse (minor action), but Smells gets in first. You can take the Redcap Blade if you want, or I guess you could take its blood-soaked red cap... If you really wanted :) Anyway, decide whatever you would like and you'll get the stats next turn.

Smells also heals Coats up to 5/6HP and instructs Licks to track again. She seems to want to head south.

The party then head off South, following the 2 scouts through the putrid swamp, splashing their way through pools of stagnant water and cursing the bugs all the way. Dies gets his sneaking on and creeps like a shadow through the undergrowth, but it doesn't look like there's anything here this turn. It's pretty misty though. The swamp looks like it's getting darker and foggier to the west.
Last edited by thinkslogically on Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Running:

thinkslogically
Keenspot Despot

Postby Taberah on Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:06 am

Smells the ground
Smells digs through the man beasts equipment some, he takes the red hat. He doesn't much care for the weapon after all he's trying to keep everyone alive not hurt anyone. "Hey dies do you want this red hat it kinda matches you?"
Afterwards he continues south letting Licks lead the way. Smells will also zap Lamp healing him.

SPOILERS:Major action to heal Lamp, Minor to trade, Move to move south.
Last edited by Taberah on Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Taberah
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby LicentiousDey on Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:15 am

Dies will take the hat. "I hope all this orange doesn't make me easier to spot." he jokes before following their scout in a sneaky fashion.
“Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Cthulhu R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn.”

CunningStrategist, Lv6 Trainee Strategist

Feats: Cheer Range 3, Cheer Effect 3

Morze Thok
Hp:1/5
At:6 (+4 MAGIC Two-Handed Sword | 50% +2)
Df:4 (+3 Helm, +1 Jeans Outfit)
Inventory:
LicentiousDey
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Jacon on Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:21 am

Coats will carry the extra blade and follow the scouts.
Name:"Wears-A-Coat ( Delve Version)
Hp: 3/5
Attack: 4 ( 3 plus warhammer. Two handed.
def: 2 +1 to slashing weapons( Helmet +1)

Wears-a-long-coat
HP: 5/5 HP
MP: 3/3 MP
ATK: 3 ( +2 two handed bone sword)
DEF: 1
INT: 1

I'm very interested in playing a goblin game. If you create a new one let me know
Come join my game The New Goblin Warriors. viewtopic.php?f=136&t=113403
Jacon
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby thinkslogically on Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:21 am

Taberah wrote:Smells the ground
Smells digs through the man beasts equipment some, he takes the red hat. He doesn't much care for the weapon after all he's trying to keep everyone alive not hurt anyone. "Hey dies do you want this red hat it kinda matches you?"
Afterwards he continues south letting Licks lead the way. Smells will also zap Lamp healing him.

SPOILERS:Major action to heal Lamp, Minor to trade, Move to move south.

Can I just double-check where you think Licks has searched? As far as I've been going, Licks searched the redcap area and decided the trail went south to where you are now - is that what you guys understand as well?

Also, man you guys are fast at posting!

Running:

thinkslogically
Keenspot Despot

Postby Taberah on Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:25 am

Yeah, that's the understanding. If licks isn't given a command I'll have her search our current area. I just keep going that way we can move around easier later.

So far licks has searched the the tellers hut area, berry area, and redcaps place. The two latter times getting a south reading.
Taberah
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby thinkslogically on Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:32 am

That's cool, just suddenly thought I might have been misunderstanding you guys and leading you all over the place with the dog :) All good!

Running:

thinkslogically
Keenspot Despot

Postby thinkslogically on Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:35 am

LicentiousDey wrote:Dies will take the hat. "I hope all this orange doesn't make me easier to spot." he jokes before following their scout in a sneaky fashion.

:lol:

Lesson number 2 for me - if you make up loot on a whim that is wearable, it is damn well going to be worn! I'll go and draw you a hat then :D

Running:

thinkslogically
Keenspot Despot

Postby Taberah on Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:56 am

Crude map update!
:( it continues to get worse.
Once we stop moving in a straight line it'll be more useful promise o;

Taberah
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby LicentiousDey on Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:41 pm

SPOILERS:So, I'm going to be away for four weeks starting this friday and will not have access to any computers for the whole time. This is a heads up I guess and a call for a third-base coach. Dies basically just sneaks behind the scout and attacks whatever random encounter they meet, so it shouldn't be too hard.

Morze Thok
Inventory:
LicentiousDey
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby thinkslogically on Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:03 am

LicentiousDey wrote:
SPOILERS:So, I'm going to be away for four weeks starting this friday and will not have access to any computers for the whole time. This is a heads up I guess and a call for a third-base coach. Dies basically just sneaks behind the scout and attacks whatever random encounter they meet, so it shouldn't be too hard.

Four weeks is a pretty long time for this game - I suspect it might be done by the time you get back! Do you want me to offer out Dies to someone else till you get back or just have Dies character replaced? (I don't really know what a 3rd base coach is... - I looked it up and would like to clarify: I have absolutely no understanding at all what a third base coach is.)

Running:

thinkslogically
Keenspot Despot

Postby Taberah on Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:26 am

*SNEAKLY ADDS A POST*

Licks will search our current area before moving alone with us.

If I posted too close to update feel free to ignore this, I just like to try to give DesperateFool as much time as possible to update licks actions since he likes her so much.
Taberah
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby thinkslogically on Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:33 am

Taberah wrote:*SNEAKLY ADDS A POST*

Licks will search our current area before moving alone with us.

If I posted too close to update feel free to ignore this, I just like to try to give DesperateFool as much time as possible to update licks actions since he likes her so much.

Nah it's cool, you've got like 6 hours left :) Also, I'll take Lick's actions on a vote anyway (will toss a coin if there's an argument). Regardless, it's better for you guys if she's doing something (probably)!

Running:

thinkslogically
Keenspot Despot

Postby LicentiousDey on Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:05 am

thinkslogically wrote:
LicentiousDey wrote:(I have absolutely no understanding at all what a third base coach is.)

SPOILERS:It's someone in baseball to tell the runner on third base when to run so he only looks at home. Not much a replacement but orders from someone other than the runner. I'm ok if the game ends while someone else uses Dies, but if it's not over I would like him back.

Morze Thok
Inventory:
LicentiousDey
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby thinkslogically on Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:46 am

I see! Urbandictionary had a slightly different definition :)

I'll put Dies out to tender then after tonight's update and hopefully you'll get him back in one piece!

Running:

thinkslogically
Keenspot Despot

Postby thinkslogically on Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:46 am

Turn 16

The goblins acquire some new loot from the dead redcap, with Dies claiming the redcap's red cap and donning it in a jaunty fashion. Ewwww! It's seems to be oozing blood... Coats claims the knife [Redcap Blade: Throwing knife - deals 2HP and ignores defense. 50% chance to hit]. Lamp spaces out, so Smells heals him up to 4HP and leaves him to supervise Licks while she attempts to track. Suddenly Licks starts growling at something hidden in the undergrowth, but you can't tell what it is...

Meanwhile, the others follow Smells further south and deeper into the swamp where you find an injured goblin. You don't recognise her, but even from a distance she looks like she's close to death. Just as you're about to approach, a mysterious creature floats out of the fog carrying a lamp and humming a strangely enticing tune. It spots Smells and Coat immediately and with a growl moves in to attack. Dies, despite decorating himself in the brightest clothes possible, has managed to successfully sneak into the area and has not yet been spotted by the creature. The fog is getting thicker here, and looks even thicker to the west, but it seems to lighten up a bit to the east.

Also, CHARACTER AVAILABLE: Dies character is up for adoption for the next 4 weeks. He's asked that you keep the name / colour / class though and if the game is still going on when he gets back, he'd like Dies back. First dibs gets it!

Also also, I'm not going to be able to update tomorrow night because I'm driving 400 miles to get a boat trailer then driving all the way back with it. I'll try and get one up on Sunday to make up for it though so you should be all set for Monday.

SPOILERS:Oooh! I worked out how to do fog :)

Running:

thinkslogically
Keenspot Despot

Re: The Apprentices: Place available!

Postby Jacon on Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:24 am

Coat smiles as the creature approaches and moves to meet him. Sword raised he engages the creature in combat trying to keep the creatures attention on him so that the others don't have to worry about being attacked.
Name:"Wears-A-Coat ( Delve Version)
Hp: 3/5
Attack: 4 ( 3 plus warhammer. Two handed.
def: 2 +1 to slashing weapons( Helmet +1)

Wears-a-long-coat
HP: 5/5 HP
MP: 3/3 MP
ATK: 3 ( +2 two handed bone sword)
DEF: 1
INT: 1

I'm very interested in playing a goblin game. If you create a new one let me know
Come join my game The New Goblin Warriors. viewtopic.php?f=136&t=113403
Jacon
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby m0rtimer on Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:30 am

Hmmmm... Yea, I'd have no problem babysitting Dies :)
ME JAM STICK IN STONE. ME CREATE LEVER.

goblin heroes - Completed
threads of reality - in progress
m0rtimer
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Taberah on Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:39 am

Smells the ground

"Don't worry miss we'll save you we're going to be mighty goblin warriors One day...!", smells shouts as he zaps the goblin laying in the mud. Hoping that the healing will be enough to keep her alive for now. Smells goes and examines her closer while trying to avoid the ghost. "Why did you do this you vile ghost, I'm sure she did nothing to you?"

Trying to give Dies a help with his plan, Smells starts waving his hands back and forth trying to get the ghosts attention. "You leave her alone, She didn't do anything to you! And if she did I'm sure she's sorry."

SPOILERS:Does Lamp look greener to you guys? I hope he's not getting sick. man I'm wasting so many actions if I only heal :<... right minor action to examine the goblin. Move action to avoids the ghosts blows :roll: Minor action to get the ghosts attention. Also yes I did just find the text shrinking button :D
Last edited by Taberah on Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Taberah
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Taberah on Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:41 am

Sorry double post :s
m0rtimer wrote:Hmmmm... Yea, I'd have no problem babysitting Dies :)

HI :D, Nice to have ya along for the ride. I like your new avatar more then your old one.
Taberah
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

PreviousNext

Return to Goblins Games