The Apprentices: COMPLETE (Epilogue now posted)

Moderator: Thunt

Forum rules
Forum games go here.

Re: The Apprentices: Goblin Game

Postby LicentiousDey on Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:35 am

Uh... what were we supposed to do again? Track someone or something?
“Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Cthulhu R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn.”

CunningStrategist, Lv6 Trainee Strategist

Feats: Cheer Range 3, Cheer Effect 3

Morze Thok
Hp:1/5
At:6 (+4 MAGIC Two-Handed Sword | 50% +2)
Df:4 (+3 Helm, +1 Jeans Outfit)
Inventory:
LicentiousDey
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby thinkslogically on Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:53 am

All the info's in the previous posts - can't really be assed typing it out again to be honest.
Turning points of data into beautiful lines since 2006

Running:
Lair of the Mountain King: Chapter One
Obsidian Portal Link (character info, inventories, monsters): http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/lair-of-the-mountain-king

Escape!: Open to All.

The Goblin Apprentices! - COMPLETE at Turn 50
thinkslogically
Keenspot Despot

Postby Taberah on Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:05 am

Smells the ground

Smells will test out how sensitive his goblin powers are, using his esp, "Pretty sure were looking for a bugbear, if ya meet up with me I can show you a picture."

SPOILERS:Eh, whats up with smells and that picture kinda obsessed isn't he?

"Ooo berries" Smells will grab a blue berry and give it a quick sniff to see if it's poisonous, After which he starts to collect them. After Collecting some berries smells starts searching around for some clues to were the bugbear went.

Thinking to himself, eh maybe he left a footprint on the road? bugbears are bigger than goblins? Once lamp catches up, "oo Licks want to search for a big smelly bugbear?" Smells will then try to get licks to help search for signs of the bugbear.

If smells finds any trace of the bugbear he'll follow the direction he believes he went. If he doesn't find anything he'll continue following the road(trying to stay a bit ahead for you guys can move around more freely).

SPOILERS:"minor and major action each turn as well as a move" Could you give a couple examples of a minor action. For example is collecting something a major or minor?

SPOILERS:Alright lets hope this isn't too much of a mess. Assuming collecting is a minor action I'll do exactly what the post says. If Collecting and searching are impossible to combine I'll just Collect some berries and move.
Last edited by Taberah on Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Taberah
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby LicentiousDey on Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:10 am

"OH!" Dies will sneak ahead a little bit to keep a look out for anything dangerous or the bugbear. If he finds something he will turn to alert the others before they get noticed.

Morze Thok
Inventory:
LicentiousDey
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Taberah on Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:18 am

You might want to use that wand to heal yourself while your moving ;).
Taberah
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Jacon on Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:21 am

Coats will use the wand to heal dies.

Someone be wand duty...Not suited to me.
Name:"Wears-A-Coat ( Delve Version)
Hp: 3/5
Attack: 4 ( 3 plus warhammer. Two handed.
def: 2 +1 to slashing weapons( Helmet +1)

Wears-a-long-coat
HP: 5/5 HP
MP: 3/3 MP
ATK: 3 ( +2 two handed bone sword)
DEF: 1
INT: 1

I'm very interested in playing a goblin game. If you create a new one let me know
Come join my game The New Goblin Warriors. viewtopic.php?f=136&t=113403
Jacon
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Taberah on Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:25 am

I'm hop onto wand duty next turn, we can't have our tank missing his attack actions o;. I just want those berries :evil:
Taberah
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby thinkslogically on Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:45 am

OK, apologies I should have clarified earlier, but now you're out of the city you can move up, down, left and right out of each area (in this instance, the village is up (north), and the road continues down (south) but you can go 'off-road' to the east or west). You might also want to keep a map of which area leads where in each direction as it might not always be 100% clear (just a heads up!). Licentious - can you please clarify which direction you want to scout ahead to?

Also as far as I'm concerned at the moment, Smells is the only Goblin who has left the city. All the rest of you need to move to catch up, but can use a major action to move into a new area, or investigate the area Smells is currently in.

A minor action is exactly like picking berries, or any other small action, such as trading items between you (like the wand). If you want to thoroughly strip the bush of all berries, that would be a major action, but grabbing a handful is a minor. You can also only use items that you are holding.

Goblins Summaries:

DiesinWater (Shadow):
HP: 3/5, Att: 2, Def: 1(+25% critical chance; +10% chance to sneak successfully)
Inventory: Wand of Healing, Twin Daggers

ImaLamp (Scout):
HP: 3/5, Att: 3, Def: 2
Inventory: Longsword, Light Armour, Bag of Dog Biscuits

SmellstheGround (Scout):
HP: 5/5, Att: 3, Def: 2 (25% chance to miss target; ranged)
Inventory: Light Armour, Bow & Arrows, Teller's Drawing

WearsaCoat (Tank):
HP: 5/5, Att: 3, Def: 3
Inventory: Longsword, Heavy Armour, 4x minor healing potions, 1x strength potion, 2x stoneskin potions.

LicksFaces (Warg Puppy):
HP: 6/6, Att: 2, Def: 2

Hope this is a bit of help - give me a yell if you spot anything odd :)
Last edited by thinkslogically on Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

Running:
Obsidian Portal Link (character info, inventories, monsters): http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/lair-of-the-mountain-king

thinkslogically
Keenspot Despot

Postby Taberah on Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:57 am

It's extremely minor and probably not important but Lamp has a Bag of Dog Biscuits.
Taberah
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby thinkslogically on Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:01 am

Ah yeah, so he does :) Will edit those in too.

Running:

thinkslogically
Keenspot Despot

Postby LicentiousDey on Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:07 am

Dies will catch up with Smells and give him the wand after healing himself a point. "I think you would be best to keep this, seeing as you will want to stay out of melee range in fights anyway."

Morze Thok
Inventory:
LicentiousDey
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Taberah on Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:23 am

Alrighty then, woo!! wand of power :D. I shall use it with great responsibility and promise not to use it to poke unusably objects with it, no promises on not using it as a back scratchier though.

I know it's not really necessary right now, but crude map incoming.
Last edited by Taberah on Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Taberah
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby thinkslogically on Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:27 am

Taberah wrote:I'll grab the wand from ya soon as I can, but I'm not able too this turn :<. WHY Berries WHY DO you tempt me so.

I know it's not really necessary right now, but crude map incoming.

Giving the item is a minor action, you can receive items for free - doesn't seem much point in taking two actions over :)
Also, nice map!

Running:

thinkslogically
Keenspot Despot

Postby DesperateFool on Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:37 am

Sorry been gone.

Imalamp heads out to where smells is and picks the other bush.
Your death-My joy.

Host of Nightbeast. Join!
DesperateFool
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby thinkslogically on Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:36 am

Turn 11

While waiting for the others to catch up, Smells takes the opportunity to grab a handful of blue berries [Receive: 5 blue berries]from the bush and search the area. His search is successful, and he finds a clump of fur caught in the red berry bush. Unfortunately, it's been stained by berry juice and is bright red, so it's not clear what kind of animal left it behind or where it might have gone. The others catch up shortly after, and ImaLamp heads straight for the red berry bush, grabbing a handful of berries [Receive: 6 red berries], while Dies heals himself to 4/5 HP and hands the Wand of Healing to Smells. Licks pads along behind and starts investigating her feet.

Smells thanks Dies for the wand and follows the road south. The road takes him gradually downhill through the foothills of the mountains and eventually ends in a rocky scrubland. If you want to go any further from here you'll be travelling through the wilds.

SPOILERS:Ok, so it's getting interesting now! So's you're aware, the mechanisms determining your success / failures and your monster encounters are based on die rolls, so we'll see how that goes :) Since this is a trial game, if there are any points you would like to raise at any point regarding the game mechanics please feel free - getting your feedback as we go would be really good :)

Running:

thinkslogically
Keenspot Despot

Postby Taberah on Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:43 am

Smells the ground

Smells Having gone to the end of the road returns back to his group to see what they will do next. While there he heals Lamp, practicing with the wand. He had never held such a valuable object before. After a bit he notices Licks playing around and goes to examine what she's found.
If licks has found a trail of some kind I'll start(or not because I can't move into a new area) heading in that direction. If it's nothing then I'll move down to the area I just left.

SPOILERS:Major action to heal Lamp, a move action to move back to the group, Minor to check on Licks, and scout moving back to my previous location if it's nothing or that's were the trail is leading.

SPOILERS:Woops, healed the wrong person, Lamp is hurt not Coat o:

wooo weekend updates.

Crude map update.
Last edited by Taberah on Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Taberah
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Jacon on Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:28 pm

Coats follows Dies. Than waits to be healed ( i'm Injured?) tha if he can moves on strieght ahead
Last edited by Jacon on Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Name:"Wears-A-Coat ( Delve Version)
Hp: 3/5
Attack: 4 ( 3 plus warhammer. Two handed.
def: 2 +1 to slashing weapons( Helmet +1)

Wears-a-long-coat
HP: 5/5 HP
MP: 3/3 MP
ATK: 3 ( +2 two handed bone sword)
DEF: 1
INT: 1

I'm very interested in playing a goblin game. If you create a new one let me know
Come join my game The New Goblin Warriors. viewtopic.php?f=136&t=113403
Jacon
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby DesperateFool on Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:48 pm

Imalamp follows coats while petting LicksFaces.
Your death-My joy.

Host of Nightbeast. Join!
DesperateFool
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby LicentiousDey on Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:28 pm

Dies follows Smells Goes south, following the road, humming the ants go marching one by one hurrah.
Last edited by LicentiousDey on Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Morze Thok
Inventory:
LicentiousDey
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Taberah on Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:08 pm

Haha, It's a goblin train. Sadly it's following me and I'm not moving anywhere this turn :<. Well sorta, I went back to see if licks found anything. If lamp takes care of her actions and managing her, I'll be able to continue onwards. She's has actions as well as us, we should try to maximize productivity.
Taberah
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby thinkslogically on Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:50 am

Turn 12

The goblins went marching 3 by 3 down the hill!
Lamp follows Coats who follows Dies who is humming a happy marching tune down to the end of the road, passing Smells on the way back up the hill.

Coats is at full health and doesn't need healing, so he continues south through the wilderness. He will arrive there next turn (action taken in Turn 11; arrives Turn 13).

Smells meanwhile returns to the bushes to see if Licks had found anything last turn. Left entirely to her own devices, it seems she has been busy and proudly brings Smells a very beautiful stick to play with. She then bounds off after Lamp for a pat.

SPOILERS:So far, Licks hasn't done anything too destructive on her own, but her actions are random if you guys don't give her commands. Anyone can command her who's in the same area. If you split up, you need to state whos' taking her along, and if there's a discrepancy I'll go with the popular vote or random.org will decide :)

Running:

thinkslogically
Keenspot Despot

Postby Taberah on Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:24 am

I'm loving these weekend posts. Wasn't expecting any, and lo and behold post everyday this week :D
Taberah
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby thinkslogically on Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:34 am

Taberah wrote:I'm loving these weekend posts. Wasn't expecting any, and lo and behold post everyday this week :D

Yeah, I'm suffering from a distinct lack of productive things to do the last couple of weeks :lol: Won't happen next week I'm afraid, but no point slowing things down unnecessarily if everyone else is posting!

Running:

thinkslogically
Keenspot Despot

Postby Taberah on Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:44 am

*Takes a breath* lets see if I can do this in one post without editing. Nope couldn't do it.
Smells the ground

"good girl, licks, you found a stick". Smells will try to get licks to follow the scent on the fur, if she believes the target is the bush he'll try to get her to search somewhere else. He'll keep a eye on her while he starts collecting some berries (blue). After that's all done Smells will move to the rest of the group and heal Dies up to full.

If Licks found a trail he'll move to the square that's contains the trail.
If he makes no progress on the trail. He'll continue with the group.

Smells will Collect some more blue berries. After he's done he'll move to catch up wit the rest of the group. Once he's there he'll Heal Dies up to full. Seeing that licks isn't really doing much he'll try to get licks to follow the scent on the fur.
SPOILERS:Licks Major action to search

Smells will use a Minor action to grab some berries, use a move action to catch up with the rest of the group, use a Major action to heal Dies, then use his scout move to follow group.
Last edited by Taberah on Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Taberah
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby thinkslogically on Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:58 am

Taberah wrote:Does moving ever hurt the chance to complete a major action? For example if I'm running all over the place does it hurt my chance to search or attack something?

No, a move is a move and won't affect the rest of the turn, EXCEPT when moving into a previously unexplored area (automatically ends turn) or if you're decide to use a major action to move twice in one turn.

Running:

thinkslogically
Keenspot Despot

PreviousNext

Return to Goblins Games