Goblins in Hell

Moderator: Thunt

Forum rules
Forum games go here.

Re: Goblins in Hell

Postby m0rtimer on Tue May 31, 2011 6:54 am

knowsthetruth
"...I walked straight into that one didn't I? Should have known."

"Hey mate, I'm sorry. It's just that where I come from water doesn't talk. Or act for that matter."

minor: talk to water thing.
major: see how the thing is still pissed off and attack it. Attacking even if it stops attacking, since everyone is piling on this thing. And it's rude. VERY rude.
ME JAM STICK IN STONE. ME CREATE LEVER.

goblin heroes - Completed
threads of reality - in progress
m0rtimer
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby thinkslogically on Tue May 31, 2011 7:09 am

m0rtimer wrote:knowsthetruth
"...I walked straight into that one didn't I? Should have known."

"Hey mate, I'm sorry. It's just that where I come from water doesn't talk. Or act for that matter."

minor: talk to water thing.
major: see how the thing is still pissed off and attack it. Attacking even if it stops attacking, since everyone is piling on this thing. And it's rude. VERY rude.

Think talking is a free action btw :) And I most definitely approve of this extra-polite society we seem to be forming! We shall not tolerate rudeness in any form! I think our first group project should be to make canes and monocles for everyone :lol:
Turning points of data into beautiful lines since 2006

Running:
Lair of the Mountain King: Chapter One
Obsidian Portal Link (character info, inventories, monsters): http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/lair-of-the-mountain-king

Escape!: Open to All.

The Goblin Apprentices! - COMPLETE at Turn 50
thinkslogically
Keenspot Despot

Postby m0rtimer on Tue May 31, 2011 7:15 am

Why dear chap, I approve of that thought completely. Whaddya say, think we would find some sand for glass around these parts?

:lol:

m0rtimer
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby thinkslogically on Tue May 31, 2011 7:32 am

Indubitably my fine fellow! If we are to live in such a savage place as this with insufferably rude creatures then I feel it's the least we can do. And we must see about acquiring a fine brandy post haste!

Running:
Obsidian Portal Link (character info, inventories, monsters): http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/lair-of-the-mountain-king

thinkslogically
Keenspot Despot

Postby ArdentSilver on Tue May 31, 2011 8:52 am

Oh, come now. That's old pat. We've already handled that in my *other* game. :smug:
ArdentSilver
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby m0rtimer on Tue May 31, 2011 8:54 am

Psh. You never can have enough of some dapper gentlemanlyness!

Get an axe me boy! We're gonna cut down those mushrooms and use them to craft us some canes!

(At least, that's what I believe what those mushrooms can be used for. We'll have to find out. :P)

m0rtimer
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby thinkslogically on Tue May 31, 2011 9:35 am

Dammit, if we're going to have to spend an eternity in hell with blooming rude monsters, I think the least we deserve is the means to educate them in the ways of proper gentlemanliness! Maybe there's a top hat shop down that chasm...? :D

(I'll stop soon I promise!)

Running:

thinkslogically
Keenspot Despot

Postby m0rtimer on Tue May 31, 2011 9:43 am

Yes. Each and every denizen will learn proper manners, or risk being pummeled by canes. Once we are done, hell will never be the same as it was before, and yes, it will be more fearsome then ever before.

(Done now. It's out of my system.)

m0rtimer
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby knucklekraken on Tue May 31, 2011 9:55 am

SPOILERS:Now that I'm on a proper computer and can read spoilers, the pink is fine. I'll just hafta get some armors.

Take that, ill-mannered slop bucket! Learn a thing or two about accosting your betters!

Member of the Irregulators. Reticulating splines since 2011.

Here are stats for a player race I created, compatible with 3.5 D&D. Please steal.

SPOILERS:Tasty People
+2 Charisma: Tasty People have strong natural pheromones.
-2 Wisdom: Tasty People have a racial predisposition for making bad decisions.
When faced with an encounter involving a predatory creature, a Tasty Person must make a Charisma Check. If the DC (15) is met, the creature will attack the Tasty Person to the exclusion of other targets who are not also Tasty People who have met this DC. The DC should be modified for monsters with a strong sense of smell, I leave this to your discretion as a DM. The monster is not forced to attack the Tasty Person if doing so would cause it to take an attack of opportunity.
A Tasty Person's starting class should be treated as his favored class.

Tasty People speak Common.
knucklekraken
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby knucklekraken on Tue May 31, 2011 12:33 pm

Kelvara wrote:
knucklekraken wrote:then I read MSPaintAdventures for like five hours... Oops.

This happens to all of us. :(

Not anymore. I caught up.

In unrelated news, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I'm sad that I caught up.

Here are stats for a player race I created, compatible with 3.5 D&D. Please steal.

When faced with an encounter involving a predatory creature, a Tasty Person must make a Charisma Check. If the DC (15) is met, the creature will attack the Tasty Person to the exclusion of other targets who are not also Tasty People who have met this DC. The DC should be modified for monsters with a strong sense of smell, I leave this to your discretion as a DM. The monster is not forced to attack the Tasty Person if doing so would cause it to take an attack of opportunity.

knucklekraken
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Kelvara on Tue May 31, 2011 3:08 pm

You'd think that Knuckle, but then, maybe in a week or two, someone will link to somewhere in the archives and you'll start reading, and then hours pass even though you've already read all this before you'd forgotten how awesome it is and read it all over again.

Ardent, can we use a major action to move into an explored hex to combine with a move for a double move, or only an unexplored hex?

Short on Time

"Trouble? BAMF!

Minor: Grab another pretty flower
Major: Teleport back to rune
Move: East
Kelvara
Keenspot Despot

Postby ArdentSilver on Tue May 31, 2011 3:51 pm

Ah, good. I had hoped that by delaying 40 minutes I might get an action from you, Kelvara.

Kelvara wrote:
Ardent, can we use a major action to move into an explored hex to combine with a move for a double move, or only an unexplored hex?
Short on Time

Yes, though Major Actions will always end your turn.

Update incoming.
ArdentSilver
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Kelvara on Tue May 31, 2011 4:13 pm

Oh, is that in the rules? :-?

Can I just double move instead?
Kelvara
Keenspot Despot

Postby ArdentSilver on Tue May 31, 2011 5:00 pm

Day 1, Turn 4

Up-for-a-challenge eyes the rocks suspiciously. "If that place isn't designed for ambushing travellers, then I'm a dung beetle." He takes a good look at the rocks to see if they hide something.
"Huh? What's that, ESP? Trouble at the old well? I better go check it out." Potential ambush-itude of the rocks yet undecided, UpFor departs NorthWest, where nothing has changed.

"Oh, come on! Is it really that obvious?"
"I told you this wouldn't work..."
"Spode damn it, Walter..."

Fist of the Moon senses trouble and hurries back through camp, pausing to check out the boulder in the middle. Yup. That's Short on Time's keystone brand. It looks cool! Or at least, Chinese!

Short on Time passes Fist, carrying another Squashroom. She arrives at the ruined tower in time to witness the start of a fiercely pitched battle.

...Or at least, as fiercely pitched a battle can be when you're trying to pummel living water with your fists. Even with four goblins attacking, the water elemental appears mostly unfazed. Finds Where the Rainbow Ends thinks back on what she recognized as an Air Elemental in her previous hex, and wonders if there's a reason for these elementals to be hanging around near the tower. Her thoughts are abruptly interrupted as KnowsTheTruth takes another 1 damage from all-too solid watery arms.
Weathers the Storm couldn't find a rock, but lends his fists to the fight all the same.

--------------------------------------------
Current Map

SPOILERS:If ever you fail to post an action, post impossible actions, or post confusing actions (such as "GO LEFT" when you're in a room with only one exit... on the right), I will try my best to go with the intent of what you hoped to accomplish. As mentioned in the GM's pact (now lost to the bowels of Keenspot!) I'm not going to go out of my way to be a jerk. :). So to answer your question, Kelvara... yes, you can double move. ;)

Day 1, Turn 5
Last edited by ArdentSilver on Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ArdentSilver
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Ratha on Tue May 31, 2011 6:28 pm

Fist moves to the east. This water elemental is going down!

WITH FISTS!

Move: East
Major: Attack elemental
God School signups are closed, but visit anyways!
Goblin Defence in progress!
If so, please contact us. He was last seen falling out of the universe, near Hats.

Arena Slaves:
Keeper of Doors
HP: DEAD --Att: 2 --Def: 4 --App: 8

Adventuring Goblins (Victory!)
One Hand
HP: 5/5 --Att: 4 --Def: 2 --Int: 1
Ratha
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby thinkslogically on Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:57 am

Man, it's starting to look pretty busy round here with elementals and imp-things... Wish I had a weapon. Or a rock. Ah well. Maybe it's time we looked at those books from the tower... ?

Weathers
Can't think of anything smart, so will keep attacking the elemental.
Last edited by thinkslogically on Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Running:

thinkslogically
Keenspot Despot

Postby thinkslogically on Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:08 am

Also, if we're going to keep fighting this thing we need to be a bit careful - Chief's ability only works if he's at full health so if he takes a hit, we'll start getting hit for 2 points a go instead of one. We're fine for this turn, but Knows should take care if he keeps getting targetted.

Running:

thinkslogically
Keenspot Despot

Postby knucklekraken on Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:25 am

Knuckles has a terrible idea! He attacks the water elemental by drinking a small part of it!
Last edited by knucklekraken on Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

knucklekraken
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby thinkslogically on Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:43 am

knucklekraken wrote:Knuckles has a terrible idea! He attacks the water elemental by drinking a small part of it!

Haha! I've seen a futurama episode like this - don't think it ended well :)

Running:

thinkslogically
Keenspot Despot

Postby m0rtimer on Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:18 am

Hmmm... I'm getting the distinct impression that we are not meant to kill these things.

Still, too late for this thing now. And knuckle, I swear, if what you are doing there gets you down on HP, that'd be a major loss. We don't have any means of healing yet.

Knowsthetruth

Knows will attack this rude water elemental again.

m0rtimer
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby knucklekraken on Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:53 am

You make a valid point. Oh, the burdens of leadership.

Knuckles does not enact his silly idea, but he does advise the others of it in a hopeful fashion. He also attacks the foe normally.

knucklekraken
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby m0rtimer on Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:57 am

I'd do it, but if it does damage, I don't wanna know :P

m0rtimer
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Kelvara on Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:10 am

Short on Time

Short will grab the bucket the water elemental is in, and heave it so the water is flung all over the ground. "Bad elemental, why don't you just evaporate instead of hurting my friends!"
Kelvara
Keenspot Despot

Postby thinkslogically on Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:05 am

m0rtimer wrote:Hmmm... I'm getting the distinct impression that we are not meant to kill these things.

I was wondering about that too, but figured we could see what happens after we all jump on this thing next round. I do think someone should read the magic book soon though so we can check out these elementals / imps.

Running:

thinkslogically
Keenspot Despot

Postby Kide on Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:36 pm

Finds Where The Rainbow Ends

[i]Finds attacks the water elemental again, hoping to bring it down. "I will read the book I found next turn or when this fight is over, and we can know more about these things, though there is still a second book that can be read too.", Finds says and continues to fight.
[/i
]
Summary:
Major:
Attack the rude water elemental
"I aint no fancy damn supernachral terrer. I got guts and blood, an its too damn easy to spill em both."
-A goblin, from the Dungeon Keeper's dungeon.

Betrays A Friend
HP:1/5 * ATK:5 * DEF:4 * APP: 10

Hides in leaves
HP:10/10 * ATK:11 * DEF:20 * CHR:+8
Equipment:
Leather boots: DEF +1, CHR +1
Thief's cloak
Magical scimitar: +8 ATT
Intricate chestplate: +6 DEF +3 CHR
Holy armguards: +3 DEF +1 CHR
Holy helmet: +6 DEF +3 CHR
Abilities: Tracking, Driving skills, Animal Handling, Jousting, Singing, Dodging, Weapon profiency, Stealth, Animal friend: +0.5x travel speed, and increased power with animal related skills.
Spells: Breathe life (Can cure any plant. Or heal an ally, restores 1 HP each turn for 3 turns), Plant control: Control any vegetation around you. (defensive and offensive maneuvres), Growth: Makes plants grow around you (Once every 4 turns), Empower: Allows you to strongly empower another spell freely (once an day)
Mighty horse: El Diablo +2 Att/Def, 2x travel speed.
Kide
Keenspot Despot

Location: Land full of lakes and snow.... Also called Finland.

PreviousNext

Return to Goblins Games