Goblins in Hell

Moderator: Thunt

Forum rules
Forum games go here.

Re: Goblins in Hell

Postby notimportant on Sat May 28, 2011 5:38 pm

Up-for-a-challenge
"You all can still hear me, right? I'm gonna check out the building, but it looks safe so far. A well in hell is swell, as far as I can tell."

Upfor takes a closer look at the inside of the house, while staying wary for hostiles. If it seems safe, he'll pick up any item he might find inside, preference given to items that contains information (books, scrolls and such).

Minor: Examine structure
Major: Be ready for combat if any, else pick up eventual items.
Move: -
"Will you give all you can give, so that our Banner may advance?" (Join Capture The Flag!)
Arena slave:
Not Important HP 0/5 ~ Atk 1+1 ~ Def 1 ~ App 0 ~ Traits: None ~ Items: Dagger
Lived an unfulfilled live, but got redemption in the Hats afterlife.

Goblin hero:
States-the-obvious HP 6/8 ~ Atk 17(2+13+2) ~ Def 26(3+22+1) ~ Cha 44(0+44)
Executed by a deranged monarch

Hats:
Echo HP: 9/10 ~ Status: Living happily ever after ~ Tomfoolery level: Sufficient
notimportant
Keenspot Despot

Postby thinkslogically on Sun May 29, 2011 12:04 am

Weathers

hmmm... this chasm might make a good natural perimeter if we set camp nearby.

Weathers will investigate the edge of thr chasm (carefully), looking to see if theres a way to climb down, and to see if he can see anything at the bottom. If theres time, he will then head east, taking care to avoid being seen by any creaturesthat might be there.

Turning points of data into beautiful lines since 2006

Running:
Lair of the Mountain King: Chapter One
Obsidian Portal Link (character info, inventories, monsters): http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/lair-of-the-mountain-king

Escape!: Open to All.

The Goblin Apprentices! - COMPLETE at Turn 50
thinkslogically
Keenspot Despot

Postby m0rtimer on Sun May 29, 2011 12:26 am

Knows

I'll look at where the road leads, can I see something there? The other way from the ruined tower offcourse. I then move to the tower.

If I then still have a move left, I will attack any hostiles, and check to see wether the water of that well is clean.
ME JAM STICK IN STONE. ME CREATE LEVER.

goblin heroes - Completed
threads of reality - in progress
m0rtimer
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Ratha on Sun May 29, 2011 2:05 am

Fist examines the smaller, green plants closely. "Best that we catalog the local flora and fauna. Never know when we might need something edible." He examines the type of plant, looks to see if any parts look edible, and examines the soil its in to see where best it might grow.

"Well," he says, looking around. "I guess the optimal position to head now would be to the southeast." He heads off to the southeast, one step closer to examining the portal's immediate vicinity.

Minor: Examine the small green plants.
Major: Explore to the southeast.
Last edited by Ratha on Sun May 29, 2011 1:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
God School signups are closed, but visit anyways!
Goblin Defence in progress!
If so, please contact us. He was last seen falling out of the universe, near Hats.

Arena Slaves:
Keeper of Doors
HP: DEAD --Att: 2 --Def: 4 --App: 8

Adventuring Goblins (Victory!)
One Hand
HP: 5/5 --Att: 4 --Def: 2 --Int: 1
Ratha
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Kide on Sun May 29, 2011 9:08 am

Finds Where the Rainbow Ends

Finds sees that Weathers is already inspecting this area, and just says to him:"I'll go ahead to the building, come there as well soon then?" She then heads to the south east, where Up-for-a-challenge found the building. She will then inspect the building as a whole, to see if it could be repaired back into a usable state, or how long does it look like that there has been no inhabitants in the area. She will then also help Up-for-a-challenge to find anything salvageble or useful in the building itself.

Move:
South east, where the building is in
Minor:
Inspect the building if it looks like it could be repaired or how long there has been no inhabitants in the area
Major:
Look for any possibly salvageble items from the building
"I aint no fancy damn supernachral terrer. I got guts and blood, an its too damn easy to spill em both."
-A goblin, from the Dungeon Keeper's dungeon.

Betrays A Friend
HP:1/5 * ATK:5 * DEF:4 * APP: 10

Hides in leaves
HP:10/10 * ATK:11 * DEF:20 * CHR:+8
Equipment:
Leather boots: DEF +1, CHR +1
Thief's cloak
Magical scimitar: +8 ATT
Intricate chestplate: +6 DEF +3 CHR
Holy armguards: +3 DEF +1 CHR
Holy helmet: +6 DEF +3 CHR
Abilities: Tracking, Driving skills, Animal Handling, Jousting, Singing, Dodging, Weapon profiency, Stealth, Animal friend: +0.5x travel speed, and increased power with animal related skills.
Spells: Breathe life (Can cure any plant. Or heal an ally, restores 1 HP each turn for 3 turns), Plant control: Control any vegetation around you. (defensive and offensive maneuvres), Growth: Makes plants grow around you (Once every 4 turns), Empower: Allows you to strongly empower another spell freely (once an day)
Mighty horse: El Diablo +2 Att/Def, 2x travel speed.
Kide
Keenspot Despot

Location: Land full of lakes and snow.... Also called Finland.

Postby Kelvara on Sun May 29, 2011 1:15 pm

Short on Time

"Yay flowers... I guess?" Short picks some flowers then sees Fist wandering off again, and chases after him.

Major: Pick green plant
Move: Follow Fist
Kelvara
Keenspot Despot

Postby ArdentSilver on Sun May 29, 2011 3:01 pm

Actions Locked, update incoming.

Pictures ready, text to follow.
ArdentSilver
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby ArdentSilver on Sun May 29, 2011 4:56 pm

Day 1, Turn 2

Up-for-a-challenge begins to scavenge through the destroyed tower. The tower is made of stone, and the scorch marks on some of them indicate that perhaps the building fell by something more than mere elements. The overgrown rocks and debris, however, points at this having happened long ago. The interior of the tower is open to the sky, and covered with splinters of rotting wood. Up-for-a-challenge does manage to find a book in the wreckage. On the front, in neatly stenciled letters is a title: "The Quintessentials of Quintessence". Hm. No clue what it could be about. He also notices a trap door with a brass pull-ring embedded in the floor nearby. Entrance to the tower's basement perhaps?

Finds Where the Rainbow Ends wanders in from the North West and also takes stock of the ruined structure. She notes that the ruins are largely gutted already, and it's not clear how stable the remaining walls are. The external walls surrounding the tower are least damage (though ruined in several places) and could perhaps be repaired, with a proper amount of time, stone, tools, and knowhow. Finds then enters the tower proper to join Up in searching the wreckage. Most of the books she finds are irreperably damage, or missing most of their pages, or both, but she does locate one tome in particularly good condition. It's called:

"A Non-Wizard's guide to elementary magic; How to diagnose the mystical strength of your opponents in three spells or less, as told by Hornblende, Dwarf Wizard extraordinare, and expert author." Finds begins to leaf through it and, to her relief, the prose of the book is much less verbose than the title.

KnowsTheTruth, having had no luck peering further down the road, turns Northeast and approaches the well. He peers down, but there is insufficient light to tell if the water is clean, much less if there's any water at all. However, he does hear a splashing sound coming from below.

Finally, Chief Cracks-His-Knuckles wanders into view, Stunted Squashroom in hand.

Elsewhere, Fist of the Moon and Short on Time are examining the local flora.

"Best that we catalog the local flora and fauna. Never know when we might need something edible."

"Yay flowers... I guess?"

The plant looks basically pear-shaped, and is soft and squishy to the touch, like a ripe peach. It is covered with small, pointed 'beaks' of hardened flesh, and it is growing in soil that is dark with a moisture unseen elsewhere in these wastes so far.

"Well," he says, looking around. "I guess the optimal position to head now would be to the southeast."

Is that... water?

Weathers the Storm peers into the crevice, and, judging it impossible to climb down, wanders east, where he abruptly finds the edge of the fissure.

---------------------------------------------------------
Stunted Squashroom: A purple plant. Edible(?)

Beaked Pear: A lime-green plant. Edible(?)

The Quintessentials of Quintessence: Book. Can be fully read with one major action.

A Non-Wizard's guide to elementary magic; How to diagnose the mystical strength of your opponents in three spells or less, as told by Hornblende, Dwarf Wizard extraordinare, and expert author. Book. Can be fully read with one major action.

Current Map:

SPOILERS:Forgot to remove some of the plants from the map. That'll be fixed in the next update.

Day1, Turn3
Last edited by ArdentSilver on Mon May 30, 2011 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ArdentSilver
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Ratha on Sun May 29, 2011 11:55 pm

Fist is amazed at the sight before him. It had seemed such a desolate place before, but this seems so cheery and wonderful.

Time to investigate further. Fist notes the tripod, river, and plants growing nearby. He inspects the soil next to the river, then attempts to climb up to the tripod and see what the heck all that is about. He examines the hole, and the grass, and anything else he can.

Move: climb to the top of the rock
Minor: examine the tripod and hole
Last edited by Ratha on Mon May 30, 2011 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
If so, please contact us. He was last seen falling out of the universe, near Hats.

Arena Slaves:
Keeper of Doors

One Hand
Ratha
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby thinkslogically on Sun May 29, 2011 11:59 pm

Guys, has anyone noticed the red mark on the rock in the entrance hex? I'm a bit far to investigate it at the moment, but maybe worth a look next time someone is passing by?

Weathers
Well, I don't want to try climbing the mountain on my own with no gear yet, so I'll carefully investigate the mushroom-thing. If it looks and smells ok, I'll also try and take a piece from the top part.

Then I'll carefully check out the area to the south-east.

Summary:
Minor - Investigate mushroom / take a piece if possible
Major - Carefully explore SE
Last edited by thinkslogically on Mon May 30, 2011 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Running:
Obsidian Portal Link (character info, inventories, monsters): http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/lair-of-the-mountain-king

thinkslogically
Keenspot Despot

Postby Kide on Mon May 30, 2011 2:44 am

Finds Where the Rainbow Ends

Finds looks happily at the book she found, and decides that the two other goblins already here probaply will want to look more to the trap door in the building. So it might be more useful if she would get ready to head to a new hex in the south east, of course exploring it carefully. She thinks about reading the book next turn while returning to this building.

Summary:
Minor:
Store the book to the inventory/"hammerspace" or what it was called.
Major:
Explore the new area to the south east.

If someone wants me to read the book now or to rather stay with the others right now, as we donät know what's below us, I will change my action. Just thought that it might be nice to know the whole surrounding area close to this building.

Editing to add: Added that I store the book to the hammerspace/inventory
Last edited by Kide on Mon May 30, 2011 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I aint no fancy damn supernachral terrer. I got guts and blood, an its too damn easy to spill em both."

Betrays A Friend

Hides in leaves
Equipment:
Thief's cloak
Abilities: Tracking, Driving skills, Animal Handling, Jousting, Singing, Dodging, Weapon profiency, Stealth, Animal friend: +0.5x travel speed, and increased power with animal related skills.
Spells: Breathe life (Can cure any plant. Or heal an ally, restores 1 HP each turn for 3 turns), Plant control: Control any vegetation around you. (defensive and offensive maneuvres), Growth: Makes plants grow around you (Once every 4 turns), Empower: Allows you to strongly empower another spell freely (once an day)
Kide
Keenspot Despot

Postby m0rtimer on Mon May 30, 2011 7:11 am

thinkslogically wrote:Guys, has anyone noticed the red mark on the rock in the entrance hex? I'm a bit far to investigate it at the moment, but maybe worth a look next time someone is passing by?

I believe that's the rune to signal it as being our home base.

Knowsthetruth
"So this really is hell? I was expecting, y'know. More fire. More blood. More screams of haunted souls. And certainly not water. Though that's a blessing really."

Knows will try pulling up the bucket, see what's in there. If there's still time after that, he'll open and move through that trapdoor.

m0rtimer
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby thinkslogically on Mon May 30, 2011 8:10 am

Ah fair enough - looked like the hearth stone was still in the teller's hand in that image which is why I asked. Also, if folk at the structure want to investigate the trapdoor en masse I'm happy to change my action and help, otherwise I'll continue to explore around the perimeter for the next couple of turns.

Running:

thinkslogically
Keenspot Despot

Postby Kelvara on Mon May 30, 2011 12:34 pm

Short on Time

"Yay, actual flowers! Hell is so nice, I don't know why it has such a bad reputation."

Short will pocket her green plant, and grab some flowers, then go check out the water at the base of the little fall.
Kelvara
Keenspot Despot

Postby notimportant on Mon May 30, 2011 2:05 pm

Up-for-a-challenge
"Books... Well, reading isn't on the top of my to-do list, so I'll put this in the Hammerspace for later. I want to check out that trap door, but first we need to scout the area. Might be a better camp site nearby."
"Hey, this place doesn't look very hellish to me either. Maybe the guy who wrote that sign just had a bad day?"

Upfor stores the book, then moves to a new area.

Minor: Store The Quintessentials of Quintessence in Hammerspace
Move: Southwest, along the road
Major: Southeast, along the road
"Will you give all you can give, so that our Banner may advance?" (Join Capture The Flag!)
Arena slave:

Goblin hero:

Hats:
Echo HP: 9/10 ~ Status: Living happily ever after ~ Tomfoolery level: Sufficient
notimportant
Keenspot Despot

Postby m0rtimer on Mon May 30, 2011 2:08 pm

(Y'know, I'm going to bet those flowers growing next to that stream are going to be poisonous. :wink: )

m0rtimer
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby ArdentSilver on Mon May 30, 2011 4:04 pm

Actions locked; Update incoming.

KunckleKraken, you missed your action today.
ArdentSilver
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby knucklekraken on Mon May 30, 2011 4:42 pm

I did? Sonovacrap. I was waiting for somebody else to post so I could work with that, and then I fell asleep, and then I read MSPaintAdventures for like five hours... Oops.

Member of the Irregulators. Reticulating splines since 2011.

Here are stats for a player race I created, compatible with 3.5 D&D. Please steal.

SPOILERS:Tasty People
+2 Charisma: Tasty People have strong natural pheromones.
-2 Wisdom: Tasty People have a racial predisposition for making bad decisions.
When faced with an encounter involving a predatory creature, a Tasty Person must make a Charisma Check. If the DC (15) is met, the creature will attack the Tasty Person to the exclusion of other targets who are not also Tasty People who have met this DC. The DC should be modified for monsters with a strong sense of smell, I leave this to your discretion as a DM. The monster is not forced to attack the Tasty Person if doing so would cause it to take an attack of opportunity.
A Tasty Person's starting class should be treated as his favored class.

Tasty People speak Common.
knucklekraken
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Kelvara on Mon May 30, 2011 5:30 pm

knucklekraken wrote:then I read MSPaintAdventures for like five hours... Oops.

This happens to all of us. :(
Kelvara
Keenspot Despot

Postby ArdentSilver on Mon May 30, 2011 5:40 pm

Day 1, Turn 3

"Yay, actual flowers! Hell is so nice, I don't know why it has such a bad reputation."

Short on Time blissfully picks another Squashroom as Fist of the Moon struggles to clamber up the rock. He just isn't having any luck; a couple of his handholds crumble as he tries to climb up, and try as he might, Fist of the Moon can't get any higher. His lack of change in perspective, however, gives him a good view of the hole in the rock -- it appears to be some sort of spring, though why it chose to exit this particular rock, he has no idea.

Weathers the Storm (#4000BF) attempts to snag a piece of mushroom from the giant stalk, but the mushroom's stalk is tough and solid -- it would have to be, to support such a large fungus in the first place, he supposes.

Unable to claim a piece of mushroom, he wanders south east, where he finds another silty seashore and... is that a pier?

Finds Where the Rainbow Ends also wanders south east. Volcanic pits belching sulfurous smog -- now that's more like the hell she was expecting.

Up-for-a-challenge saunters off along the road. He passes the squashrooms and continues on to where two tall rocky ridges overlook the road. Hm.

"So this really is hell?

Chief Cracks-His-Knuckles, intent on supervising, grunts noncomittedly.

"I was expecting, y'know. More fire. More blood. More screams of haunted souls. And certainly not water. Though that's a blessing really."

KnowsTheTruth turns to find the bucket nearing the top... with a rider. "Er... hello?"

"Fmerk Ka Kranu!"

The minor water elemental attacks, bashing KnowsTheTruth with an aqueous psudopod. Luckily, Chief is inspiring bravery nearby, so KnowsTheTruth only takes one damage. Still, how rude!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Current Map

[Stunted Squashroom]: A purple plant. (edible?)

SPOILERS:If you don't like the rune on the map, I can switch back to the old style next update.

SPOILERS:Unrelated; @KnuckleKraken - are you happy with the way your color is showing up on Chief Cracks? I viewed this thread from my PC (instead of my laptop) today and your character looked like an unmitigated mass of pink (I suppose there's a contrast difference somewhere). Speak up if you're bothered by it!

Day 1, Turn 4
Last edited by ArdentSilver on Tue May 31, 2011 5:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ArdentSilver
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby knucklekraken on Mon May 30, 2011 6:00 pm

See? Good thing I didn't post, after all.

Minor action: Crack knuckles. Oh yeah. It's on.
Major: Whup some watery face. Seriously, beverages shouldn't fight back. It's rude!

Member of the Irregulators. Reticulating splines since 2011.

Here are stats for a player race I created, compatible with 3.5 D&D. Please steal.

SPOILERS:Tasty People
+2 Charisma: Tasty People have strong natural pheromones.
-2 Wisdom: Tasty People have a racial predisposition for making bad decisions.
When faced with an encounter involving a predatory creature, a Tasty Person must make a Charisma Check. If the DC (15) is met, the creature will attack the Tasty Person to the exclusion of other targets who are not also Tasty People who have met this DC. The DC should be modified for monsters with a strong sense of smell, I leave this to your discretion as a DM. The monster is not forced to attack the Tasty Person if doing so would cause it to take an attack of opportunity.
A Tasty Person's starting class should be treated as his favored class.

Tasty People speak Common.
knucklekraken
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby thinkslogically on Tue May 31, 2011 1:09 am

Weathers
Well, we're definitely not the first creatures to try and settle here... Wonder what happened to the everyone and if there's a pier, maybe there's still a boat somewhere?

Sensing some kind of trouble at the ruined tower, Weathers will head back to help Cracks and Knows tackle the elemental, grabbing a rock from the ground as a weapon.

Move: West
Minor: Grab a rock from the ground for a weapon
Major: Attack elemental

ArdentSilver - Out of curiosity, was the top of the mushroom too high to reach? That was the bit I wanted to take a piece of, not the stalk :)
Last edited by thinkslogically on Tue May 31, 2011 5:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

Running:

thinkslogically
Keenspot Despot

Postby Ratha on Tue May 31, 2011 1:20 am

"Oop." says Fist. "Trouble back at the ruins."

He starts on his way back, but since he can't get there just yet, he moves back to camp first, and inspects the boulder in the middle. It looks... a little out of place.

Move: North East
Minor: Examine Boulder

Arena Slaves:
Keeper of Doors

One Hand
Ratha
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby notimportant on Tue May 31, 2011 4:13 am

((I also can't get to the well this turn and still fight. Going to move into position to charge in next turn, just in case that thing survives the first assault.))

Up-for-a-challenge
Upfor eyes the rocks suspiciously. "If that place isn't designed for ambushing travellers, then I'm a dung beetle." He takes a good look at the rocks to see if they hide something.
"Huh? What's that, ESP? Trouble at the old well? I better go check it out." Upfor heads back along the road.

Minor: Examine rocky ridges.
Major: If something attacks, fight back. If an item is found, pick it up.
Move: Northwest.
Arena slave:

Goblin hero:

Hats:
notimportant
Keenspot Despot

Postby Kide on Tue May 31, 2011 4:23 am

Finds Where The Rainbow Ends

Finds looks at the scene a bit suspiocly... The thing in the sky looks like somekind of electrical bird, and Finds tries to inspect it from the distance. She also hears that something has emerged from the well back at the fortification, and quickly starts to head back to the North west, so that she can help. When she gets there and sees the water elemental, she attacks it will all of her strenght. A very rude water elemental indeed, just attacking them immidiatly, even though they even helped it get up from the well.

Summary:
Minor:
Inspect the electrical thing in the sky from a distance
Move:
Move back to the fortification to the North West
Major:
Attack the water elemental

Betrays A Friend

Hides in leaves
Equipment:
Thief's cloak
Kide
Keenspot Despot

PreviousNext

Return to Goblins Games