Goblins in Hell

Moderator: Thunt

Forum rules
Forum games go here.

Re: Goblins in Hell

Postby knucklekraken on Fri May 27, 2011 7:46 pm

Knuckles hesitates. Shelter is paramount, but he knows the value of being well-informed. He decides to take a consensus.

Member of the Irregulators. Reticulating splines since 2011.

Here are stats for a player race I created, compatible with 3.5 D&D. Please steal.

SPOILERS:Tasty People
+2 Charisma: Tasty People have strong natural pheromones.
-2 Wisdom: Tasty People have a racial predisposition for making bad decisions.
When faced with an encounter involving a predatory creature, a Tasty Person must make a Charisma Check. If the DC (15) is met, the creature will attack the Tasty Person to the exclusion of other targets who are not also Tasty People who have met this DC. The DC should be modified for monsters with a strong sense of smell, I leave this to your discretion as a DM. The monster is not forced to attack the Tasty Person if doing so would cause it to take an attack of opportunity.
A Tasty Person's starting class should be treated as his favored class.

Tasty People speak Common.
knucklekraken
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby thinkslogically on Sat May 28, 2011 1:16 am

I think making a defensible base is going to be important but we should make sure that we get the best place, not just the first one we find. We are unequipped tho, so if there's going to be confrontation I think well need strength of numbers.

If I undrstand the rules ok, then we can spend a major action entering a new space, then use the move to flee back to the entrance if its too dangerous (unless we get trapped or something). My suggestion would be to all enter a new space to scout it, ready to run if need be. Maybe 2 could go to the structure? If it then looks like a fight, we can regroup n tackle it as a group. I'll do whatever the group decides tho.

weathers
Will carefully and sneakily move to the ne hex, trying to remain hidden from any potential monsters. If he is spotted, he will flee back to the entrance hex rather than engage.

However, if the group votes to go check out the structure, he will happily follow, ready to assist.

Ps posting from my phone so apologies if this reads weird!
Turning points of data into beautiful lines since 2006

Running:
Lair of the Mountain King: Chapter One
Obsidian Portal Link (character info, inventories, monsters): http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/lair-of-the-mountain-king

Escape!: Open to All.

The Goblin Apprentices! - COMPLETE at Turn 50
thinkslogically
Keenspot Despot

Postby knucklekraken on Sat May 28, 2011 1:31 am

In my experience entering a new space tends to end one's turn. I'll be happier if we get set up sooner rather than later. I can always move the hearth if we find more suitable territory later.

Here are stats for a player race I created, compatible with 3.5 D&D. Please steal.

When faced with an encounter involving a predatory creature, a Tasty Person must make a Charisma Check. If the DC (15) is met, the creature will attack the Tasty Person to the exclusion of other targets who are not also Tasty People who have met this DC. The DC should be modified for monsters with a strong sense of smell, I leave this to your discretion as a DM. The monster is not forced to attack the Tasty Person if doing so would cause it to take an attack of opportunity.

knucklekraken
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Kide on Sat May 28, 2011 2:01 am

I think that it might be best to try and see the areas that surround as first, then after that we could move as a group to the place knuckle already mentioned, but... Up to you guys, I am willing to also follow knuckle now, if we decide to do that first.

Hmmh... How should we post which direction we are going to head into? Like right, or upper right, and etc, I suppose those would be pretty well understandable? At least i the possibly shelter is to the right, someone could explore the upperright and the lower right as well, as from those 2 places we can pretty well get to the same area, is we are then allowed to first move to an area that had already been axplored like the area straght to the right from this square, and then move forward from there what ever direction the shelter would be in....

Finds Where the Rainbow Ends

Finds looks around herself and then to the others. And sees what they wish to do. If everyone wants to head towards the possibly shelter to the right, she will follow them. If on the other hand everyone goes off to explore a new hex she will enter the area to the upper right. (northeast I assume) She will enter the area warily, and escape from the area if there are hostile creatures in there.

Summary:
Major: explore the new area to the NorthEast.
Move: (if there can be one) Move back/escape if hostile creatures
Last edited by Kide on Sat May 28, 2011 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I aint no fancy damn supernachral terrer. I got guts and blood, an its too damn easy to spill em both."
-A goblin, from the Dungeon Keeper's dungeon.

Betrays A Friend
HP:1/5 * ATK:5 * DEF:4 * APP: 10

Hides in leaves
HP:10/10 * ATK:11 * DEF:20 * CHR:+8
Equipment:
Leather boots: DEF +1, CHR +1
Thief's cloak
Magical scimitar: +8 ATT
Intricate chestplate: +6 DEF +3 CHR
Holy armguards: +3 DEF +1 CHR
Holy helmet: +6 DEF +3 CHR
Abilities: Tracking, Driving skills, Animal Handling, Jousting, Singing, Dodging, Weapon profiency, Stealth, Animal friend: +0.5x travel speed, and increased power with animal related skills.
Spells: Breathe life (Can cure any plant. Or heal an ally, restores 1 HP each turn for 3 turns), Plant control: Control any vegetation around you. (defensive and offensive maneuvres), Growth: Makes plants grow around you (Once every 4 turns), Empower: Allows you to strongly empower another spell freely (once an day)
Mighty horse: El Diablo +2 Att/Def, 2x travel speed.
Kide
Keenspot Despot

Location: Land full of lakes and snow.... Also called Finland.

Postby Kelvara on Sat May 28, 2011 2:30 am

I'd say call them Northeast, East, Southeast, Southwest, West, Northwest; that's going clockwise from top.

Short on Time

"Come on, standing around here is sooo boring, there's got to be so much to see!" Short sees Fist leaving and tags along after him, calling back to the others "Besides, it's so easy to get back here; always just a hop, skip, and a teleport away."

Minor: Set keystone here
Move: Follow Fist
Last edited by Kelvara on Sat May 28, 2011 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kelvara
Keenspot Despot

Postby thinkslogically on Sat May 28, 2011 2:47 am

Cool, well if it ends the turn maybe we should explore in pairs. I'll keep my actions the same n head northeast (ne) with finds, n if there's any trouble at the structure we can probably come running.

I'm happy with using compass directions- anyone object to using shorthand n, ne, se etc?
Turning points of data into beautiful lines since 2006

Running:
Lair of the Mountain King: Chapter One
Obsidian Portal Link (character info, inventories, monsters): http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/lair-of-the-mountain-king

Escape!: Open to All.

The Goblin Apprentices! - COMPLETE at Turn 50
thinkslogically
Keenspot Despot

Postby m0rtimer on Sat May 28, 2011 3:12 am

"Hmmm... Anybody willing to explore the southeast with me? We could from there on move to that building in the east. A flanking maneuvre, if you will."

If at least one person accompanies me, I'll head to the southeast. Otherwise, I'll decide to follow the others northeast.
Last edited by m0rtimer on Sat May 28, 2011 3:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
ME JAM STICK IN STONE. ME CREATE LEVER.

goblin heroes - Completed
threads of reality - in progress
m0rtimer
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby knucklekraken on Sat May 28, 2011 3:26 am

Overruled, Knuckles accompanies Knows to the southeast. First, though, he inspects the stone block in his current hex.
Last edited by knucklekraken on Sat May 28, 2011 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

knucklekraken
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Kelvara on Sat May 28, 2011 3:34 am

Seriously guys, did you read our posts?

Ratha wrote:Fist heads off to the southwest with one other goblin.

Kelvara wrote:Move: Southwest
Kelvara
Keenspot Despot

Postby m0rtimer on Sat May 28, 2011 3:39 am

I just think it's better to go to the southeast at this point. We know there's an building to our east after all. And Kelv, only you cna teleport back there, we need some kind of stone or something.

Speaking of which Ardent, how exactly does that work? Do we need to craft those things perhaps?

EDIT: I'm an moron. Typed west instead of east.

m0rtimer
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby knucklekraken on Sat May 28, 2011 3:45 am

Oops. Apparently not. Yep, feelin' pretty dumb. SE it is. After block inspection, that is.

knucklekraken
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Kelvara on Sat May 28, 2011 3:50 am

m0rtimer wrote:I just think it's better to go to the southeast at this point. We know there's an building to our east after all. And Kelv, only you cna teleport back there, we need some kind of stone or something.

Speaking of which Ardent, how exactly does that work? Do we need to craft those things perhaps?

No, I think all that needs to be done is, I can teleport back there, then each turn I can teleport one person back as well. But yes, that was kinda roleplaying on my part, you did elect a 12 year old girl as your teller. :P
Kelvara
Keenspot Despot

Postby m0rtimer on Sat May 28, 2011 3:51 am

Major Action: Return to the clan's campsite, or, when at campsite, return a willing ally holding a Back-to-Your-Fireplace-Rune to the campsite.

What about this "back-to-your-fireplace-rune" then?

m0rtimer
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Kelvara on Sat May 28, 2011 4:02 am

Ok, wtf, read what Ardent wrote maybe?

ArdentSilver wrote:As the goblins stand around, still a shade uncertain what they should do first, Short on Time's ears perk up. "Wait! I have an Idea!" she cries. The others gather 'round as she passes out small green runes. "These are Back-to-Your-Fireplace-Runes! Take them with you, they'll help you get back to us if we get separated; they can help me bring you back to wherever I place this keystone!"
Kelvara
Keenspot Despot

Postby knucklekraken on Sat May 28, 2011 4:31 am

Yeah, m0rt, we have those runes already. It'd be interesting to see if Shorty can make other kinds of runes eventually, though. (Sorry if you don't like that nick, Kel, but I will not be able to help myself.)

knucklekraken
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby m0rtimer on Sat May 28, 2011 4:45 am

I deny everything. :shifty:

But yeah, my bad. Sorry about that. Though yeah, I do wonder what kind of runes Kelv will be able to make in the long run. Probally some runes that allow us to teleport back on our own without Kelv's help. We'll see...

m0rtimer
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby notimportant on Sat May 28, 2011 7:04 am

Up-for-a-challenge
"I agree with Mr. Fist. We need to know what dangers lurks around us, and where we can find supplies. As long as we don't stray too far, we can run to help a group in trouble pretty quickly anyway."
"But that structure looks like a likely place to find something interesting, so I'm gonna head in that direction right away."

Major: Move east
Minor: Stay cautious in case of hostiles in the area.
Move: -
"Will you give all you can give, so that our Banner may advance?" (Join Capture The Flag!)
Arena slave:
Not Important HP 0/5 ~ Atk 1+1 ~ Def 1 ~ App 0 ~ Traits: None ~ Items: Dagger
Lived an unfulfilled live, but got redemption in the Hats afterlife.

Goblin hero:
States-the-obvious HP 6/8 ~ Atk 17(2+13+2) ~ Def 26(3+22+1) ~ Cha 44(0+44)
Executed by a deranged monarch

Hats:
Echo HP: 9/10 ~ Status: Living happily ever after ~ Tomfoolery level: Sufficient
notimportant
Keenspot Despot

Postby ArdentSilver on Sat May 28, 2011 11:36 am

knucklekraken wrote:In my experience entering a new space tends to end one's turn.

This is correct. Just as an FYI, updates will generally bet between 6-8 PM EST. (Which, if I've math'd right is 2-4 PM Keenspot time)
ArdentSilver
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Kelvara on Sat May 28, 2011 11:47 am

ArdentSilver wrote:
knucklekraken wrote:In my experience entering a new space tends to end one's turn.

This is correct. Just as an FYI, updates will generally bet between 6-8 PM EST. (Which, if I've math'd right is 2-4 PM Keenspot time)

You can change forum time to your time zone. :wink:
Kelvara
Keenspot Despot

Postby Ratha on Sat May 28, 2011 12:51 pm

Okay, I've done a quick take on who's going where:

Fist: southwest
Weathers: northeast
Finds: northeast
Short: Southwest
Knows: Southeast
Knuckles: Southeast
Up: East

This is probably a bit inefficiant, so if no one objects, I'll change mine to move West instead. That will make it so we're exploring in three disparate directions. Also, since Short said she'd follow Fist, but then said she'd more southwest, Kelvara, would you like to change that action? Or shall we just explore five hexes first turn. If you do change it, that'll set us up nicely for exploring the rest of the hexes next turn (barring an encounter in the next update). If not, well, I guess I'll follow Short, since I don't actually want to split up that far. But if changed, it would look like this:

Fist: West
Weathers: northeast
Finds: northeast
Short: West
Knows: Southeast
Knuckles: Southeast
Up to: East
God School signups are closed, but visit anyways!
Goblin Defence in progress!
If so, please contact us. He was last seen falling out of the universe, near Hats.

Arena Slaves:
Keeper of Doors
HP: DEAD --Att: 2 --Def: 4 --App: 8

Adventuring Goblins (Victory!)
One Hand
HP: 5/5 --Att: 4 --Def: 2 --Int: 1
Ratha
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Kelvara on Sat May 28, 2011 1:23 pm

Yeah I can change, it doesn't really matter that much where we go I think, I just don't want to go alone in case we wander into danger. I'll just change my move action to follow you. :)
Kelvara
Keenspot Despot

Postby Ratha on Sat May 28, 2011 1:33 pm

Crap, you're right. I just ran the calculations, and it's equally efficient either way. Now I feel... not stupid... obsessive compulsive. How horrible.

Anyhow, I changed my move action.

*goes off to update goblin defence, muttering about how he needs to be less compulsive about making even patterns on a tactical map*
God School signups are closed, but visit anyways!
Goblin Defence in progress!
If so, please contact us. He was last seen falling out of the universe, near Hats.

Arena Slaves:
Keeper of Doors
HP: DEAD --Att: 2 --Def: 4 --App: 8

Adventuring Goblins (Victory!)
One Hand
HP: 5/5 --Att: 4 --Def: 2 --Int: 1
Ratha
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby ArdentSilver on Sat May 28, 2011 2:02 pm

Actions locked, update scheduled.
ArdentSilver
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby ArdentSilver on Sat May 28, 2011 4:28 pm

Day 1 - Turn 1

The Spiritscales break, into four groups, each heading off into the barren wastes.

Short on Time brands this hex as the goblins' hearth, and heads off due west, hurrying to catch up with Fist of the Moon.

Chief Cracks-His-Knuckles pauses to examine the rectangular block. It's overgrown with grey moss, and very weathered by eons of exposure to the elements. He rubs at the stone, hoping to make out what was once on the rock.

Well, that's one mystery solved, at least.

Fist of the Moon and Short on Time reach some sort of silty seashore. Gigantic mushrooms offer some minor shade from the blazing sun. To the north is a small ridge, which oversees a small chasm, filled with the same gray-green silt as the seashore. Strange greenish plants shake silently in the wasteland winds.

Weathers the Storm (#4000BF) and Finds Where the Rainbow Ends have found a chasm of their own, though this one is much deeper, and wider. It appears too wide to jump in this area. The foot of the reddish mountain observed earlier is clearly visible now, and is pocketed with cracks, crevices, and small ledges. More of the giant mushrooms grow on the other side of the chasm.

Chief Cracks-His-Knuckles and KnowsTheTruth venture south east. They find a dusty, poorly maintained road, and a few squat, purple plants. The structure remains visible due north; the road appears to head directly towards it.

Up-for-a-challenge bravely approaches the structure alone. It appears to be a ruined tower of some sort, though the well appears to have weathered the destruction, and is relatively untouched.
---------------------------------------------
Current Map

Day 1, Turn 2
Last edited by ArdentSilver on Sun May 29, 2011 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ArdentSilver
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby knucklekraken on Sat May 28, 2011 5:00 pm

Knuckles will pluck one of the purplants and head to the building.

knucklekraken
Keenspot Juggernaut

PreviousNext

Return to Goblins Games