Goblins in Hell

Moderator: Thunt

Forum rules
Forum games go here.

Re: Goblins in Hell

Postby notimportant on Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:36 pm

((Responsibility! Must not... crack... under... pressure... Waaah! *runs away screaming*))
"Will you give all you can give, so that our Banner may advance?" (Join Capture The Flag!)
Arena slave:
Not Important HP 0/5 ~ Atk 1+1 ~ Def 1 ~ App 0 ~ Traits: None ~ Items: Dagger
Lived an unfulfilled live, but got redemption in the Hats afterlife.

Goblin hero:
States-the-obvious HP 6/8 ~ Atk 17(2+13+2) ~ Def 26(3+22+1) ~ Cha 44(0+44)
Executed by a deranged monarch

Hats:
Echo HP: 9/10 ~ Status: Living happily ever after ~ Tomfoolery level: Sufficient
notimportant
Keenspot Despot

Postby m0rtimer on Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:47 am

Hmm, whatta do whatta do... We should probally go and see if we can get this forge working, see what that can give us. Oh, and perhaps have our base stationed in this tower. Seems as a slightly more defensive spot then out in the open :P ;) (Here's hoping this earth elemental is willing to cooperate)

Knowsthetruth

"Mr. Earth elemental? I'm honored. I hope to one day be as tough such as an elemental of your calibre is. Anyways, I know you probably cannot help me with that. Anyways, do you know how this forge would work? And... Would you be willing to work on it?"

If the elemental agrees, (which I doubt, I'm guessing he's going to say "no") thank him, otherwise head upstairs, out of the tower.
ME JAM STICK IN STONE. ME CREATE LEVER.

goblin heroes - Completed
threads of reality - in progress
m0rtimer
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby thinkslogically on Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:53 am

Just a thought, but the sword that Knows has could be useful in cutting off bits of mushroom. They might not be edible, but if eating is our only way of healing for now then it would probably be worth finding out? And if they're not edible, they might be useful in some other way.
Turning points of data into beautiful lines since 2006

Running:
Lair of the Mountain King: Chapter One
Obsidian Portal Link (character info, inventories, monsters): http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/lair-of-the-mountain-king

Escape!: Open to All.

The Goblin Apprentices! - COMPLETE at Turn 50
thinkslogically
Keenspot Despot

Postby Kide on Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:59 pm

Finds Where the Rainbow Ends

Finds will first inspect the red thing in front of her, she assumes it is another mountain in the horizon or perhaps a rock? Finds will then move to the South East carefully.

Summary:
Minor:
Inspect the red mountain or rock
Major:
Move to the south east to explore yet another tile

So, what do you guys think should be our first goal now then?
"I aint no fancy damn supernachral terrer. I got guts and blood, an its too damn easy to spill em both."
-A goblin, from the Dungeon Keeper's dungeon.

Betrays A Friend
HP:1/5 * ATK:5 * DEF:4 * APP: 10

Hides in leaves
HP:10/10 * ATK:11 * DEF:20 * CHR:+8
Equipment:
Leather boots: DEF +1, CHR +1
Thief's cloak
Magical scimitar: +8 ATT
Intricate chestplate: +6 DEF +3 CHR
Holy armguards: +3 DEF +1 CHR
Holy helmet: +6 DEF +3 CHR
Abilities: Tracking, Driving skills, Animal Handling, Jousting, Singing, Dodging, Weapon profiency, Stealth, Animal friend: +0.5x travel speed, and increased power with animal related skills.
Spells: Breathe life (Can cure any plant. Or heal an ally, restores 1 HP each turn for 3 turns), Plant control: Control any vegetation around you. (defensive and offensive maneuvres), Growth: Makes plants grow around you (Once every 4 turns), Empower: Allows you to strongly empower another spell freely (once an day)
Mighty horse: El Diablo +2 Att/Def, 2x travel speed.
Kide
Keenspot Despot

Location: Land full of lakes and snow.... Also called Finland.

Postby ArdentSilver on Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:11 pm

Day 1, Turn 10

"Mr. Earth elemental? I'm honored. I hope to one day be as tough such as an elemental of your calibre is. Anyways, I know you probably cannot help me with that. Anyways, do you know how this forge would work? And... Would you be willing to work on it?"

"Yes... No..."

Disappointed, KnowsTheTruth heads upwards with Chief Cracks-His-Knuckles.

Together, they reach the top of the ruined tower.

Meanwhile, somewhere below them...

Short on Time bravely tumbles to the floor. Though she does her best to break her fall, she still suffers two damage due to a combination of poor luck and inexpertise. Eventually she regains her feet and examines the piece of furniture in front of her.

It turns out to be a bookstand - there's 4 candles in the top of it to illuminate whatever one might be reading, but the stand itself is empty of books.

-------------

Fist of the Moon peers deep into the hole. It's very large, and he is unable to see the bottom (though he can hear the water splashing somewhere down there...). Undeterred, he bravely travels eastward to meet up with Up-for-a-challenge .

The two meet up between two mushroom trees.

Elsewhere, elsewhere, Finds Where the Rainbow Ends follows her intuition, weaving around the rock she spotted last turn, and entering a rocky hex. This appears to be the start of some sort of lavaflats -- they extend in almost all directions as far as Finds can see.

Far to her north, Weathers the Storm discovers another type of boundary -- the red mountains finally intersect with the silt sea. Without either some way to climb the mountain, or safely traverse the silt, this direction's a dead end.

---------------------------------------------------------
Current Map:

SPOILERS:If I haven't drawn you with your items, fear not - they are safely tucked into hammer-space until you need them once again.

SPOILERS:Way to make the map awkwardly shaped, guys :lol:
ArdentSilver
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby thinkslogically on Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:40 am

Awesome! A rock :D
Weathers
Weathers will investigate the grey rock(?) at the edge of the silt flats in case it happens to be a rare and useful carved magical item (I can hope!). If it turns out to be just a rock, he'll take it with him anyway in case it's useful for hitting stuff with.

After that, he will head southeast.

Minor: Investigate (magic) rock :)
Major: South-East

Running:
Obsidian Portal Link (character info, inventories, monsters): http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/lair-of-the-mountain-king

thinkslogically
Keenspot Despot

Postby SharesLoot on Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:08 am

Awesome game, I love the graphics, story and the busy players. Few completely pointless actions here. The hexagon layout is lovely.

I'm not going to spoil your fun, so I'll just wait for you to begin working out the orange puzzle in the broken room.
To quote LSN (I believe it was in the God School thread): "I'm gonna lurk so hard, you don't even know!"
╔═Clan Rampage══Goblin Gladiators II══Hats II══The Forsaken═══╗
╠═Hairy═════════Little Feet═════════Falls════Cockadoodle═══╣
╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
SharesLoot
Keenspot Despot

Postby m0rtimer on Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:14 am

Knowsthetruth

Knowsthetruth will head northeast, where he will carefully try to use his sword to scrape of part of the mushroom

move: move northeast
minor: examine the mushroom to see wether or not I could scrape away at the wood/ chop at it without risking damaging my sword.
major: try to scrape away a part of the mushroom.

m0rtimer
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Kelvara on Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:08 am

Short on Time

Short will examine the mystic runes, trying to read them or determine what they're for. If she can't, she'll just start poking them and see if anything happens.
Kelvara
Keenspot Despot

Postby notimportant on Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:41 am

Up-for-a-challenge
"Hey, Fist. We're getting a bit far from the others, so be careful if you meet anything dangerous."
Upfor gives the right mushroom a glance before he explores to the southeast.

Minor: Examine right mushroom.
Major: Explore southeast

(In case Knuckle isn't able to post:)
Cracks-his-knuckles goes with his previous hunch, and lowers/raises the bucket again to see if there is friendly water as well.

Minor: Peer/listen at the well for anything suspicious inside
Major: Try to bring up water with the bucket.
"Will you give all you can give, so that our Banner may advance?" (Join Capture The Flag!)
Arena slave:

Goblin hero:

Hats:
Echo HP: 9/10 ~ Status: Living happily ever after ~ Tomfoolery level: Sufficient
notimportant
Keenspot Despot

Postby Kide on Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:51 am

Finds Where the Rainbow Ends

Finds examines the lava fields from a distance... She wonders if the Fire elemental would be somewhere around this place, at least it would be fitting. She then explores to the West, to see how far the road continues.

Summary:
Minor:
Inspect the lava fields a bit from the distance
Major:
Explore to the West.
"I aint no fancy damn supernachral terrer. I got guts and blood, an its too damn easy to spill em both."

Betrays A Friend

Hides in leaves
Equipment:
Thief's cloak
Abilities: Tracking, Driving skills, Animal Handling, Jousting, Singing, Dodging, Weapon profiency, Stealth, Animal friend: +0.5x travel speed, and increased power with animal related skills.
Spells: Breathe life (Can cure any plant. Or heal an ally, restores 1 HP each turn for 3 turns), Plant control: Control any vegetation around you. (defensive and offensive maneuvres), Growth: Makes plants grow around you (Once every 4 turns), Empower: Allows you to strongly empower another spell freely (once an day)
Kide
Keenspot Despot

Postby Ratha on Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:32 pm

Fist nods to Upfor.

"Yeah, we don't want to get too far, so if we see something potentially dangerous, retreat to the tower and wair for backup."

Fist sees Up examining the mushroom to the left, the explores to the southwest to cover more ground.

Minor: Examine left mushroom
Major: Explore to the southwest
God School signups are closed, but visit anyways!
Goblin Defence in progress!
If so, please contact us. He was last seen falling out of the universe, near Hats.

Arena Slaves:
Keeper of Doors
HP: DEAD --Att: 2 --Def: 4 --App: 8

Adventuring Goblins (Victory!)
One Hand
HP: 5/5 --Att: 4 --Def: 2 --Int: 1
Ratha
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby thinkslogically on Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:26 am

Anyone know if this game is still going? Not seen Ardent on the forum in a while...

Running:

thinkslogically
Keenspot Despot

Postby notimportant on Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:24 am

Although it was still starting up, it seemed like Ardent had the game all thought out. So I don't think they'd just quit it with no notice. Maybe it's technical difficulties?
Arena slave:

Goblin hero:

Hats:
notimportant
Keenspot Despot

Postby m0rtimer on Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:25 am

I believe technical difficulties as well. Otherwise, I would have screamed LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE days ago. He isn't posting on zombie bait either.

All we can do is sit and wait I fear.

m0rtimer
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby thinkslogically on Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:40 am

Nah that's cool, shit happens sometimes :) Just wondering if anyone had heard any news.

Running:

thinkslogically
Keenspot Despot

Re: Goblins in Hell (Postponed Indefinitely)

Postby ArdentSilver on Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:56 pm

So, it seems I was part of a mass-PMing by NotImportant. Something about universes or somesuch, but I digress. Since I have email notification enabled, I was reminded of these forums in the first place. So y'all have NotImportant to thank for my return.

That said, I firstly want to apologize for my absence. It was not my intention to vanish suddenly, and indefinitely. I apologize for my dissapearance.

The reason I left the forums in the first place is due to ongoing health problems. I've been ill for almost a full year now, and hit a particularly bad spell starting two weeks ago, on the 10th, which coincided with my departure from Keenspot (as well as a lot of other places out in internet land).

I regret to inform you that I'm unlikely to return to regularly frequenting Keenspot, and due to the aforementioned ongoing health problems, this game will be placed on hold indefinitely. I apologize again to both readers and players alike that this needs be the case. I'm not sure I can ask you to understand, but know that this decision was not reached lightly.

Thank you for your patience, and I am truly sorry that it has come to this.
ArdentSilver
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Re: Goblins in Hell (Postponed Indefinitely)

Postby Ratha on Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:01 pm

ArdentSilver wrote:I'm not sure I can ask you to understand, but know that this decision was not reached lightly.

My understanding reaches the heavens! RAAAAGGHHHH!!

That said, no problem really. Disappointment, naturally, but I'm sure I've caused such disappointment in the past myself.

Also, thanks for posting. One the one hand, I'm sad to hear about your health problems, but on the other, I'm just glad to know you didn't die or something. Sudden unexplain absences can get creepy.

Good to hear from you, and I hope you get better some time.
God School signups are closed, but visit anyways!
Goblin Defence in progress!
If so, please contact us. He was last seen falling out of the universe, near Hats.

Arena Slaves:
Keeper of Doors
HP: DEAD --Att: 2 --Def: 4 --App: 8

Adventuring Goblins (Victory!)
One Hand
HP: 5/5 --Att: 4 --Def: 2 --Int: 1
Ratha
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Kide on Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:02 pm

=/ I am sad to see the game end, bt hope you are doing better. And take care of yourself.

Betrays A Friend

Hides in leaves
Equipment:
Thief's cloak
Kide
Keenspot Despot

Postby notimportant on Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:07 pm

I just hope you get better. Health problems are not to be trifled with, when there aren't handy things like potions and "a good night's rest" that can fix them. You're always welcome to return some day when/if you are feeling better, at which point we might pick up this game again, who knows! :)
Arena slave:

Goblin hero:

Hats:
notimportant
Keenspot Despot

Postby thinkslogically on Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:09 pm

Ach that's terrible, I'm sorry to hear you've been so unwell. Thanks for coming back online to let us know, and I hope you get better :)

At any rate, please don't feel guilty about putting the game on hold - there are far more important things in the world to worry about!

Running:

thinkslogically
Keenspot Despot

Postby ThroughTheWell on Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:23 pm

A year of illness is no fun. Not that life is all about fun, but still, it makes the living of life hard. As a spectator, I enjoyed your unique style, and the hex maps. I pray that you get healthy.
ThroughTheWell
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Kelvara on Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:23 pm

Sorry to hear that Ardent, I do hope things get better for you.
Kelvara
Keenspot Despot

Postby m0rtimer on Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:19 pm

That sucks. Hope you'll feel better!

m0rtimer
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Donnigan on Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:33 pm

What they all said X InfinityKajillion. I really loved your Gentlegoblinnes game and this one was shaping up to be just as fun, if only to read.
Madre de Dios! Es El Pollo Diablo!

HasBadTemper
Hit Points: 6/6(+5 goblin, +1 tough)
Attack: 6???(+1 Goblin, +1 Training, +4 Battleaxe, +??? Cold???) (9??? if Raging)
Defence: 8(+1 Goblin, +1 Tough, +3 Kite Shield, +3 Studded Leather)(7 if Raging)(9 or 8 if Wearing Iron Mask, unlikely)
Traits:
Goblin Rage 2: if 2hp or below 4+ attack. - 1def. Can multi strike, first strike.
Shield Bash 1: 25% chance to stun small creatures.

Inventory: Iron Mask
Donnigan
Keenspot Despot

Previous

Return to Goblins Games