Zombie Bait (Forum Game)

Moderator: Thunt

Forum rules
Forum games go here.

Re: Zombie Bait (Forum Game)

Postby Wolfie21384 on Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:38 pm

YoungAndBeautiful wrote:@Wolfie, if you don't mind, I would like to claim Don't as the spirit of the teller Lurks, I coincidentally picked the same color as her for Don't (I hadn't read into this thread at the time I got lucky with the dice roll to replace wandering felyne) and the way she died is a good enough reason imho for some serious memory compromising trauma. The sudden change of character would also fit nicely with someone being "posessed" by some ancestoral spirit, even a benevolent one. ;) Please tell me what you think of that idea.

Please do. I would be honored for Lurks to be remembered. :D
Wolfie21384
Keenspot Despot

Postby SeeAMoose on Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:46 pm

Thanks again LSN, the game was awesome despite the deaths. I can't help but feel that if we had played a little bit smarter we could've made it out, we might not have lost certain goblins who shouldn't have been lost, but that's all on us. We didn't start really working as a team until we were just trying to salvage the situation. Still... once we did that we were good for awhile, aside from a couple mistakes. The only other question I have is about the slot machine thing, what would've happened if you got all skulls?
I'm a Moderator in Thunt's ustream channel, if you need a hand drop one of us a line, we're all always willing to lend a hand.
Come talk about the latest kills in the chat here.
Was detective for 1 turn in round 7, narrowed one killer down to 6 possibilities.
Was detective in Round 31... and was vigilante killed by one of the citizens just as we were about to win.

Round 8 Winner was Caine. Favored Murder Weapon : Citizens
Round 20 Winner was the "Unnamed" killer
Tumbles-down-a-hill Lv9 Attacker
Zombie Bait:Trips-on-his-feet HP:0/5 ATK:1 DEF:1 INF: BRAINS!!! Zombified on Turn 81
Come to Goblins Games for some fun. There's murder and mayhem, teamwork, flag capturing, and role playing galore.
Me`me about the new bot: "I defy authority figures I helped to engineer."
SeeAMoose
Keenspot Despot

Postby LoneStarNorth on Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:08 pm

What happens if you get three skull on the slot machine?

You summon The Reaper into the dungeon. He wanders around like a Zombie except that he's crazy powerful. Only magic weapons could hurt him. However you can stop him from doing anything for one turn by giving him a Skull.

What did the Leaf Blade look like?

I dunno, didn't draw it. Like a regular sword but green and kinda rounded I guess.
LoneStarNorth
Keenspot Despot

Postby ChroniclerC on Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:14 pm

YoungAndBeautiful wrote:Were the thorn corssbow bolts special in any way?

+2 vs zombies.

As for my questions:
First, the obligatory Was there anything in the dungeon that didn't turn up that you would have like to have seen/played/drawn?

And after we fought the baby worm and the giant goldfish, you mentioned that they were only the third and second toughest creatures in the dungeon. Who's the toughest? The dryad? Some mega-zombie we didn't see?
Image Image Image
ChroniclerC
Keenspot Deity

Postby madmartin26 on Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:23 pm

i'm guessing it's the reaper he just mentioned. :)
Studies Everything He Can Get His Hands On, Threads of Reality
Lives in the Forest, Capture the Flag
Thinks Too Much, Destiny Of The Stonetear Clan
Climbs Trees, The Awesomesword Wanes
madmartin26
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby ThinkingOfNames on Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:50 pm

Nah. It's obviously Falls. ;P
ThinkingOfNames
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby BrokenCastle on Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:57 pm

An amazing read. Thanks very much LSN, always love your work!
Wears A Cursed Armor
0/5 hp
0 atk (Dead)
0 def (
Dead)

Inventory:
Potion Of Shield
BrokenCastle
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby vid20 on Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:58 pm

tactically was there a better way to approach the dungeon then what the party did? like maybe fighting the first few waves instead of feeding them to the other monsters?
The Ratings War: Be Careful What You Wish For. A forum game that's a bit different.

Destiny of the Stonetear Clan
Wields-two-shields - Goblin maiden
HP 5/5
ATT: 3 (1 + 2 short blade)
DEF: 5 (2 + Frostward: +2 DEF Melee attacks made against the wearer have a 25% chance to freeze the attacker, making it inactive for the next turn. + 1 light wooden shield)
Back pack
skull - just be glade it's not you
Skeleton key
Leather Armor +1
Jar of Blue Energy

Escape from Brassmoon
Kritanta - kobold rogue. -died turn 135 RIP
vid20
Keenspot Despot

Postby LoneStarNorth on Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:47 pm

vid20 wrote:tactically was there a better way to approach the dungeon then what the party did? like maybe fighting the first few waves instead of feeding them to the other monsters?

That's a tricky one, especially in a game where so much is left up to random chance (wandering Zombies). You can figure out what STATISTICALLY would be the better move, but that could end up way different than what's ACTUALLY better. And even then, just because your plans end in failure doesn't mean they were bad plans!

One thing I can think of is that they would've been a lot better off if they'd gotten some of the stuff from that room with all the Grimlocks. There was a bunch of gear in there, plus some potions and a Helm Of Brillience which gives bonus damage versus Zombies and even gives you a limited version of the Teller's senses. Another thing I can think of is letting that poor bastard shopkeeper die. You guys were fighting in the adjacent room for like five turns or something while that guy was being slowly eaten by Swarmers. Imagine if you could've traded in all those Daggers and Bro Blades and other useless junk for higher quality gear. Oh well.

So LSN, what's next?

As I said, my next game is going to be run on my comic's forum. It's a team-based PVP strategy RPG. It doesn't have the same dungeon-crawling puzzle-solving elements as my Goblins games, but the mechanics are a lot more complex. Like an actual attempt at designing a game system. As such, I'm going to be running it past some playtesters before setting up a proper game. And if it works out well, I'll release the rules as a PDF so other people can run it :D

As for when it's gonna happen... I dunno. Soonish. I've got the alpha like 1/4 finished.
LoneStarNorth
Keenspot Despot

Postby dNILe on Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:42 pm

LSN said:
SPOILERS:Zombie Wish is the team pet. If you manage to keep her following you around and escape the dungeon with her, you will get an achievement.

There are over 300 achievements in this game and you haven't earned a single one yet. Pick up the pace, guys.

There was one update (page 54) in which you stated in spoiler that there were over 300 achievements in the game and that they hadn't unlocked a single one. What was the deal with those achievements? Could they have benefited the party in any way? Could we have a list of them?
Are you disappointed that they didn't unlock any of 'em? I mean, they APPARANTLY didn't unlock any of them. Am I wrong?
dNILe
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Haragorn on Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:05 am

dNILe wrote:LSN said:
SPOILERS:Zombie Wish is the team pet. If you manage to keep her following you around and escape the dungeon with her, you will get an achievement.

There are over 300 achievements in this game and you haven't earned a single one yet. Pick up the pace, guys.

There was one update (page 54) in which you stated in spoiler that there were over 300 achievements in the game and that they hadn't unlocked a single one. What was the deal with those achievements? Could they have benefited the party in any way? Could we have a list of them?
Are you disappointed that they didn't unlock any of 'em? I mean, they APPARANTLY didn't unlock any of them. Am I wrong?
I believe this was a joke.
Haragorn
Keenspot Despot

Previous

Return to Goblins Games