Gets To The Chopper ....2
Eats Brains................1
Reads Too Much .........1

Teller:

Lurks in Shadows ....3
Omen of Ends.........2
Thuntworld Serial Killers
Rounds 5 & 30 Winner & DeliversDrinks, the Barmaid
Stop in for some ale, cider, or spirits! Guaranteed to have fun alive or dead!

Zombie Bait Finished.
ImageRunsLikeWind Deceased:Turn 62 Fugitives
Wolfie21384
Keenspot Despot

Re: Zombie Bait

Postby Kelvara on Mon May 16, 2011 10:18 am

God, this thread exploded! LSN is like the god of Goblin Games.

I shall be Wish You Were Here, a young goblin whose twin disappeared when she was an infant. Color is purple #7200a2.

She also likes Pink Floyd

Oh yeah, I'll vote for Falls Down Stairs for Chief, as he seems like the unlikely hero who will save the day when the time is right (or I think Thinking seems like a good leader). And Lurks for teller since she's the only one to express and interest.

Chief:
Gets To The Chopper ....2
Falls Down Stairs.........1

Teller:

Lurks in Shadows ....4
Omen of Ends.........2
Kelvara
Keenspot Despot

Postby ArdentSilver on Mon May 16, 2011 10:33 am

It occurs that we have like, 3 or 4 people in varying stages of blue. I don't mind switching colors if it would make things easier for everyone else.
ArdentSilver
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Wolfie21384 on Mon May 16, 2011 10:39 am

ArdentSilver wrote:It occurs that we have like, 3 or 4 people in varying stages of blue. I don't mind switching colors if it would make things easier for everyone else.

I can switch to this Lurks in Shadows if that's. It goes better with my name anyways

Zombie Bait Finished.
Wolfie21384
Keenspot Despot

Postby The kool on Mon May 16, 2011 10:43 am

Maybe make it a darker gray, more like this?
Mayhem: We're not crazy, you're just too sane.

Current avatar: That would be Tyrion. Or his head, at any rate.
You can find my inventory, games run, and characters played on my wiki page. It is horribly out of date, though.
I also has a deviantART!
Best. Scene. Ever.
Since counters seem popular, The warnings on my IDBs have been ignored 3 times.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it. - Edgar Allen Poe
I'm wearing a skirt, and I've got boobs. I'm not going to start worrying about my manly image now. - Elliot
Logic is fun. It makes great squealing noises when you torture it. - BRE
Yes, it is rather hard to kill when you inflict numerical HP damage rather than, you know, actual injuries. - Drayco
Drayco, he's the one with enough muses to fill up the U.S Senate and still have some left over for the house of representatives. - Lohti. Rest in peace, man.
The kool
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Wolfie21384 on Mon May 16, 2011 10:51 am

The kool wrote:Maybe make it a darker gray, more like this?

either this color or this color is fine. I like the first one, but if it's still too light, I'll use the second.

Zombie Bait Finished.
Wolfie21384
Keenspot Despot

Postby ArdentSilver on Mon May 16, 2011 11:13 am

I like the first one better too, Wolfie.
ArdentSilver
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Kide on Mon May 16, 2011 11:19 am

SPOILERS:Good luck to everyone who got into a Lonestarnorths game. =) Hopefully there will be a new game at some point where I would be able to join after Arena Slaves. ^^
"I aint no fancy damn supernachral terrer. I got guts and blood, an its too damn easy to spill em both."
-A goblin, from the Dungeon Keeper's dungeon.

Betrays A Friend
HP:1/5 * ATK:5 * DEF:4 * APP: 10

Hides in leaves
HP:10/10 * ATK:11 * DEF:20 * CHR:+8
Equipment:
Leather boots: DEF +1, CHR +1
Thief's cloak
Magical scimitar: +8 ATT
Intricate chestplate: +6 DEF +3 CHR
Holy armguards: +3 DEF +1 CHR
Holy helmet: +6 DEF +3 CHR
Abilities: Tracking, Driving skills, Animal Handling, Jousting, Singing, Dodging, Weapon profiency, Stealth, Animal friend: +0.5x travel speed, and increased power with animal related skills.
Spells: Breathe life (Can cure any plant. Or heal an ally, restores 1 HP each turn for 3 turns), Plant control: Control any vegetation around you. (defensive and offensive maneuvres), Growth: Makes plants grow around you (Once every 4 turns), Empower: Allows you to strongly empower another spell freely (once an day)
Mighty horse: El Diablo +2 Att/Def, 2x travel speed.
Kide
Keenspot Despot

Location: Land full of lakes and snow.... Also called Finland.

Postby Wolfie21384 on Mon May 16, 2011 11:22 am

Lurks In Shadows is now color #808080

Zombie Bait Finished.
Wolfie21384
Keenspot Despot

Postby quindraco on Mon May 16, 2011 11:34 am

Kide wrote:
SPOILERS:Good luck to everyone who got into a Lonestarnorths game. =) Hopefully there will be a new game at some point where I would be able to join after Arena Slaves. ^^

SPOILERS:I hope that LSN eventually moves beyond giving his spots to campers, since that essentially locks in the pool of available players, but somehow I suspect that my hope will go forever unfulfilled.
quindraco
Keenspotter Supreme

Re: Zombie Bait (Forum Game)

Postby The kool on Mon May 16, 2011 11:42 am

I am honestly surprised I got in. Never been in a proper goblins RP before, much less a LSN one.

You can find my inventory, games run, and characters played on my wiki page. It is horribly out of date, though.
I also has a deviantART!
Best. Scene. Ever.

I'm wearing a skirt, and I've got boobs. I'm not going to start worrying about my manly image now. - Elliot
Yes, it is rather hard to kill when you inflict numerical HP damage rather than, you know, actual injuries. - Drayco
Drayco, he's the one with enough muses to fill up the U.S Senate and still have some left over for the house of representatives. - Lohti. Rest in peace, man.
The kool
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby knucklekraken on Mon May 16, 2011 11:46 am

quindraco wrote:
Kide wrote:

SPOILERS:I hope that LSN eventually moves beyond giving his spots to campers, since that essentially locks in the pool of available players, but somehow I suspect that my hope will go forever unfulfilled.

SPOILERS:It's not like he's got much of a choice. He can't stop people from camping, there's nothing distinguishing a camper from anyone else superficially, he's keeping active players from signing up for a given time period, and those are obviously the people who have the most invested in claiming a spot. Perhaps you could suggest a better alternative to his methods? He can't select players himself. Letting everyone sign up for 24 hours and then deciding randomly is really the only obvious choice, but that has its downsides, too.

Member of the Irregulators. Reticulating splines since 2011.

Here are stats for a player race I created, compatible with 3.5 D&D. Please steal.

SPOILERS:Tasty People
+2 Charisma: Tasty People have strong natural pheromones.
-2 Wisdom: Tasty People have a racial predisposition for making bad decisions.
When faced with an encounter involving a predatory creature, a Tasty Person must make a Charisma Check. If the DC (15) is met, the creature will attack the Tasty Person to the exclusion of other targets who are not also Tasty People who have met this DC. The DC should be modified for monsters with a strong sense of smell, I leave this to your discretion as a DM. The monster is not forced to attack the Tasty Person if doing so would cause it to take an attack of opportunity.
A Tasty Person's starting class should be treated as his favored class.

Tasty People speak Common.
knucklekraken
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby m0rtimer on Mon May 16, 2011 11:53 am

SPOILERS:An competition perhaps? The goblins which provide the best backstory or something get picked out?
ME JAM STICK IN STONE. ME CREATE LEVER.

goblin heroes - Completed
threads of reality - in progress
m0rtimer
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby The kool on Mon May 16, 2011 11:56 am

knucklekraken wrote:
quindraco wrote:
Kide wrote:

SPOILERS:It's not like he's got much of a choice. He can't stop people from camping, there's nothing distinguishing a camper from anyone else superficially, he's keeping active players from signing up for a given time period, and those are obviously the people who have the most invested in claiming a spot. Perhaps you could suggest a better alternative to his methods? He can't select players himself. Letting everyone sign up for 24 hours and then deciding randomly is really the only obvious choice, but that has its downsides, too.

SPOILERS:How about, 'Anyone who claims in in the next fifteen minutes gets a chance at the next X slots, I'll roll randomly.' Allows slower people a chance, and lets later timezones get their chance too. You may need to also say 'If you make it into one slot attempt, and don't get rolled, you can't try again later.' I consider this the middle ground between pure random and calling dibs.

I also has a deviantART!
Best. Scene. Ever.

The kool
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby LoneStarNorth on Mon May 16, 2011 11:58 am

I plan to give random selection a try in the future. A backstory contest will also definitely be used, but I'm saving that one for a special occasion.
LoneStarNorth
Keenspot Despot

Postby Kelvara on Mon May 16, 2011 12:00 pm

I think the only real solution is to have LSN quit his job/school and work full time on making awesome games. :D
Kelvara
Keenspot Despot

Postby ArcticTornado on Mon May 16, 2011 12:04 pm

What, are you guys still camping this thread out of habit?

I want to write a backstory, but it depends on whether I end up as chief or not. Delete bits as appropriate.

If you guys don't mind, I'm going to take a liberty here and say that, regardless of whether he actually becomes Chief or not, Gets to the Chopper is the son of the last chief.

*ahem*

Since the days of Wields-An-Awesome-Sword, Gets' (or Choppper's, I haven't decided) family had been named for the awesome sword. Inherits-an-awesome-sword, Misplaces-an-awesome-sword, Flaunts-an-awesome-sword, all had been chiefs in their time, and all had treated the awesome sword an extension of their arm. But when Gets laid his hand on the hilt for the first time, he had not felt the gaze of destiny, but the slight chill of a lump of metal. Since the untimely death of his father Flaunts, Gets had tried to forge some kind of connection to the sword, but it had not happened, and the clan had had difficulty accepting his rule as a result.

A comparatively young chief, Gets hopes that he will prove his worth in this mission, but also knows that should he and all his companions die in the dungeon crawl, the AwesomeSword would be inherited by his infant son, Rallys-goblins-with heirlooms, who he believes will make the great leader he has never been.
Last edited by ArcticTornado on Mon May 16, 2011 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chief Gets to the Chopper
2/6 HP :: 0/12 Inf
4 Atk :: 5 Def

Inverted Luck
ATK: 4-6 (+2 Brakeblade, +1 Thief Blade, +0/+1 Thief Armor (25%), +0/+1 Short Blade Specialty (50%))
DEF: 6-7(+1 Goblin, +1 Thief Armor, +1 Thick Skin, +0/+1 Leather Helm (50%), +1 Iron Bracer, +1 Iron Bracer)
HP: 5/5
Pack: Very Pointy Pencil, 78 gold pieces, Leather Armor, Dagger, Challenge Note, Random Book, Short Rope
Abilities: Renew (+1 HP, Major Action, touch), Lady Luck (double % chance to most items/abilities, passive).
ArcticTornado
Keenspot Despot

Postby Kelvara on Mon May 16, 2011 12:07 pm

Does Chopper speak with an Austrian accent?
Kelvara
Keenspot Despot

Postby LoneStarNorth on Mon May 16, 2011 12:26 pm

Kelvara wrote:I think the only real solution is to have LSN quit his job/school and work full time on making awesome games. :D

That is already the case. I have these forum games plus two D&D games going.
LoneStarNorth
Keenspot Despot

Postby EvilCoatrack on Mon May 16, 2011 12:38 pm

Damn man, thread's only active for 14 hours and it already has 5 pages and 900 views! That's almost half of the total views my 2-day prologue game -ever- got, and this game hasn't even started yet!

Grats on your killer reputation, man. I look forward to following this one closely as well.
So I run some forum games:
Read Into Brassmoon City, a 52-turn completed prologue to EFB done entirely within 2 days.
Check out the Escape from Brassmoon, Complete at 171 turns!
Discover the Destiny of the Stonetear Clan, currently in progress.
EvilCoatrack
Keenspot Despot

Postby ArdentSilver on Mon May 16, 2011 12:59 pm

ArcticTornado wrote:What, are you guys still camping this thread out of habit?

I want to write a backstory, but it depends on whether I end up as chief or not. Delete bits as appropriate.

If you guys don't mind, I'm going to take a liberty here and say that, regardless of whether he actually becomes Chief or not, Gets to the Chopper is the son of the last chief.

*ahem*[sic]

Ahaha. I hope you *do* get chief. I would mark the irony.
Last edited by ArdentSilver on Mon May 16, 2011 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ArdentSilver
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby The kool on Mon May 16, 2011 1:02 pm

That would just get confusing.

I also has a deviantART!
Best. Scene. Ever.

The kool
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby ChroniclerC on Mon May 16, 2011 2:18 pm

Well, I was going to campaign for Reads Too Much being Teller, as he is obviously the most well-read and therefore most knowledgeable but A) I'm a little late at this point unless people change their votes, and 2) I don't believe in voting for myself.

So I will vote for Omen of Ends for Teller, because he has an awesome name, and Gets To The Chopper for Chief on the condition that he speaks with a ridiculous accent.

Chief:
Gets To The Chopper ....3
Falls Down Stairs.........1

Teller:

Lurks in Shadows ....4
Omen of Ends.........3

Wait a second, when did someone vote for me? :-?
Image Image Image
ChroniclerC
Keenspot Deity

Postby SeeAMoose on Mon May 16, 2011 3:27 pm

Falls Down Stairs gets my vote for chief, and Lurks in Shadows gets my vote for teller.

Chief:
Gets To The Chopper ....3
Falls Down Stairs.........2

Teller:

Lurks in Shadows ....5
Omen of Ends.........3
I'm a Moderator in Thunt's ustream channel, if you need a hand drop one of us a line, we're all always willing to lend a hand.
Come talk about the latest kills in the chat here.
Was detective for 1 turn in round 7, narrowed one killer down to 6 possibilities.
Was detective in Round 31... and was vigilante killed by one of the citizens just as we were about to win.

Round 8 Winner was Caine. Favored Murder Weapon : Citizens
Round 20 Winner was the "Unnamed" killer
Tumbles-down-a-hill Lv9 Attacker
Zombie Bait:Trips-on-his-feet HP:0/5 ATK:1 DEF:1 INF: BRAINS!!! Zombified on Turn 81
Come to Goblins Games for some fun. There's murder and mayhem, teamwork, flag capturing, and role playing galore.
Me`me about the new bot: "I defy authority figures I helped to engineer."
SeeAMoose
Keenspot Despot

PreviousNext

Return to Goblins Games