Party Crashers - Complete!

Moderator: Thunt

Forum rules
Forum games go here.

Party Crashers - Complete!

Postby ArdentSilver on Sat May 07, 2011 6:36 pm

It is a good time to be a goblin. The time of sticks and mud has been over for a long time, ushering in the era of pants and prosperity. No longer do young goblins clutch tightly to their mothers in the night, fearful of adventurers or monsters. Instead, they have a life of luxuries to look forward to, a life of cocktail parties, operas, fast cars, fine cigars, and extravagant banquets. A life of tailored suits, prismsilk gowns, and immaculately shined shoes. It is the high-society life for goblins these days, especially those of the Fourth Moon clan.

And yet, even in these best of times, villains and ne'er-do-wells deign to intrude on what would otherwise be a picturesque life. Though the title has declined in significance over the years (Chief starts to lose its meaning when your closest clanmates live in the stately manor three kilometers away from your own), the position still garners respect. So it was no surprise that when the current Chief, Chief Gets-the-Girl, awoke in his posh estate only to find his fiancé, Exotic-Beauty, kidnapped, his call to arms was answered by three of his most prestigious clansmen.

Together, this band of four tracked the kidnappers to a swanky hotel that had been rented for the evening. The four were only able to learn the following facts:

- The entire groundfloor of the hotel had been rented out so that the mysterious G-man could throw an opulent cocktail party.
- They were *definitely* not invited.

Chief Gets would not stand for this, nor would his fellows, and so it was immediately resolved; they would rescue Exotic-Beauty, they would defeat the mysterious G-Man, they would become... Party Crashers

"Let's show these boneheads a *real* party."

"Quick, follow Chief up the gutter and onto the rainskirt!"

"I say, this establishmente doth seeme quite fancy."
_____________________________________________________________________________________

Rules:
No one owns any character. Much like EvilCoatRack's prologue (http://forums.keenspot.com/viewtopic.php?f=136&t=113060&start=0) the FIRST PERSON to post an action for EACH CHARACTER has temporary control.

That's right, you can control any of the band of Four by simply being the first one to post after an update. And these updates are going to be issued out FAST - I'll be spending most of this next week drawing updates as fast as I can.

You may only control ONE character per update, but there is no limit on how many updates you can post actions for.

If you see that someone else has already posted an action for a character, please don't post a second action until after the next update. I'll only be paying attention to the first one.

Corollary to that - Any posts that are intentionally griefing the characters will result in that player's post (and any more that they make) being ignored by me. I'll let you know if I determine one is griefing, and will open the character back up for new actions. This is the "Don't be a douchebag" clause.

With all that out of the way, it's on to the standard rules. Many of you are probably familiar with LoneStarNorth's combat rules. However, Party Crashers does not take place in an age of brawn and combat. Attack? Defense? HP? Bah! These are relics of the past! Characters in Party Crashers have three entirely new stats: Wit, Mental Fortitude, and Emotional Health.

There are no "Combat encounters", as you uncouth dullards may be prone to call it. Instead, being the rich, high-class goblins they are, members of clan Fourth Moon may choose to engage in "banter", of which the rules are simple. Mental Fortitude is subtracted from Wit, and the remainder (if any) is subtracted from Emotional Health. If ever a character's Emotional Health is reduced to zero, that hero's night of partying is over; they retreat to a dark corner of the hotel and cry their eyes out for the rest of the night. Depending on the situation, wailing, exclamations of grave injustices, decrying the rampant chauvinism of males, consternation over feminine wiles, and/or moping about fiendishly ignoble behavior may also be in order.

When multiple goblins engage in banter together, one goblin (the first to engage in banter, unless specified otherwise) takes point while the other goblins act as wingmen, contributing their wit in totality. While most occasions of banter restrict themselves to the primary parties, particular unscrupulous banter targets may choose to verbally abrade one of the wingmen, so even simply being a wingman is not without risk.

Additionally, it's banter. One does not simply banter with nothing. Be sappy, be corny, be heroic, be a gentlegoblinne, but by Hector say *something* to go along with your declaration of intent.

In regards to otherwise, there are three actions, Major, Move, and Minor. Major actions include engaging in banter, and entering new rooms , and will always end the character's action afterwards. If they do not otherwise use their Major action, characters may spend them as a move action instead. Move actions allow goblins to move from one room to another (unless blocked or otherwise prevented by a third party), or explore part of the present room. Minor actions are small things that don't qualify as a major action, but are not move actions either.

Starting Character Stats:

Chief Gets-the-Girl:

Wit: 2 (+1 Aire of Highe Classe)
Mental Fortitude: 3 (+1 Goblin, +2 Tailored Tuxedo)
Emotional Health: 6/6
Pack: Nothing
Abilities: None.
The Chief's color is Carmine: (150, 0, 24)

Lives-Free-Dies-Young:

Mental Fortitude: 3 (+1 Goblin, +2 Tailored Tuxedo)
Emotional Health: 5/5
Pack: Nothing.
Abilities: None
Lives-Free's color is Cobalt: (0, 71, 171)

Smokes-Fine-Cigars

Wit: 3 (+1 Aire of Highe Classe, +1 Colovian Cigar)
Mental Fortitude: 2 (+1 Goblin, +1 Fitted Suit)
Abilities: None
Smokes' Color is Amber: (255, 191, 0)

Gentlegoblinne-of-Leisure
Mental Fortitude: 2 (+1 Goblin, +1 Fitted Suit)
Abilities: Gette Aholde of yourselfe, Goblinne! (Minor, touch, +1 Emotional Health)
Gentlegoblinne's Color is Jade: (0, 170, 106)

Feel free to comment or ask questions. The first update will start on Monday.
Last edited by ArdentSilver on Fri May 20, 2011 8:47 am, edited 5 times in total.
ArdentSilver
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Re: Playtest: Party Crashers

Postby The kool on Sat May 07, 2011 6:59 pm

Let me be the first to say, I love it! I hope to some day soon have the opportunity to have a goblin of mine own within this fine setting of yours.
Mayhem: We're not crazy, you're just too sane.

Current avatar: That would be Tyrion. Or his head, at any rate.
You can find my inventory, games run, and characters played on my wiki page. It is horribly out of date, though.
I also has a deviantART!
Best. Scene. Ever.
Since counters seem popular, The warnings on my IDBs have been ignored 3 times.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it. - Edgar Allen Poe
I'm wearing a skirt, and I've got boobs. I'm not going to start worrying about my manly image now. - Elliot
Logic is fun. It makes great squealing noises when you torture it. - BRE
Yes, it is rather hard to kill when you inflict numerical HP damage rather than, you know, actual injuries. - Drayco
Drayco, he's the one with enough muses to fill up the U.S Senate and still have some left over for the house of representatives. - Lohti. Rest in peace, man.
The kool
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Ralton on Sat May 07, 2011 8:01 pm

I think I understand how this works so I think I'll try. Sorry if the colors wrong I'm new to it.

Lives : Knocks on the door and barely give a glance to the bellhop. He strides in the room, obviously he's invited. He looks around with an air or superiority.

Edit: Sorry I just realized it would start on Monday. Disregard this post, unless you want to use it.
When life gives you lemons, make grape juice, and sit back and watch the world ponder how you did it.
Ralton
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Donnigan on Sat May 07, 2011 8:09 pm

SmokesFineCigars will follow Lives , pausing to blow a cloud of smoke into the Bellhop's face. "Hello, my good man. What happens to be the grand occasion here? This seems a lot of hubbub for a minor cocktail party."

((I dunno if this would count as an attack against his Emotional Health, but if it can be, make it so #1!))
Madre de Dios! Es El Pollo Diablo!

HasBadTemper
Hit Points: 6/6(+5 goblin, +1 tough)
Attack: 6???(+1 Goblin, +1 Training, +4 Battleaxe, +??? Cold???) (9??? if Raging)
Defence: 8(+1 Goblin, +1 Tough, +3 Kite Shield, +3 Studded Leather)(7 if Raging)(9 or 8 if Wearing Iron Mask, unlikely)
Traits:
Goblin Rage 2: if 2hp or below 4+ attack. - 1def. Can multi strike, first strike.
Shield Bash 1: 25% chance to stun small creatures.

Inventory: Iron Mask
Donnigan
Keenspot Despot

Postby ArdentSilver on Sat May 07, 2011 8:19 pm

A note then:

- The game still doesn't start until Monday. Sorry.

- The teaser pic in the first post does not represent the game state on turn 1. So... not only should you not yet post actions, you don't have a frame of reference for what actions will be available.

I suppose that's two notes.
ArdentSilver
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby LoneStarNorth on Sun May 08, 2011 10:07 am

Just wanted to say that this is awesome.

This is awesome.
LoneStarNorth
Keenspot Despot

Postby Donnigan on Sun May 08, 2011 10:10 am

Hey, just as a question, what counts as an attack in emotional health? Lives Ignoring the Bellhop could be taken as one, as well as Smokes blowing smoke in the face an derisive conversation. Just trying to figure it out. Or is it just something we have to declare, then describe.

HasBadTemper
Attack: 6???(+1 Goblin, +1 Training, +4 Battleaxe, +??? Cold???) (9??? if Raging)
Defence: 8(+1 Goblin, +1 Tough, +3 Kite Shield, +3 Studded Leather)(7 if Raging)(9 or 8 if Wearing Iron Mask, unlikely)
Traits:
Goblin Rage 2: if 2hp or below 4+ attack. - 1def. Can multi strike, first strike.

Donnigan
Keenspot Despot

Postby vid20 on Sun May 08, 2011 12:35 pm

This looks like it's going to be so so so much fun!
The Ratings War: Be Careful What You Wish For. A forum game that's a bit different.

Destiny of the Stonetear Clan
Wields-two-shields - Goblin maiden
HP 5/5
ATT: 3 (1 + 2 short blade)
DEF: 5 (2 + Frostward: +2 DEF Melee attacks made against the wearer have a 25% chance to freeze the attacker, making it inactive for the next turn. + 1 light wooden shield)
Back pack
skull - just be glade it's not you
Skeleton key
Leather Armor +1
Jar of Blue Energy

Escape from Brassmoon
Kritanta - kobold rogue. -died turn 135 RIP
vid20
Keenspot Despot

Postby kelten on Sun May 08, 2011 12:37 pm

Can i join?
Stabsafoot
HP: 6/9 ATT:15 (1+13+1) DEF:29 (2+21+1) CHR: +14
Equipment:
Blooddrinker: +10 ATT +4 CHR, extra dmg to evil, drains life
See-all boots: +5 DEF +2 CHR a chance of noticing a trap before setting it off.
mightyoak shield, intricate greaves, +2 intricate chainmail, magic gloves, heavenly ring: allows smite evil
darkforged helmet, ring of health

In debt:
Dead, but in heaven in the game Hats

Hits to hard, training for cheff

Keltens betting station, gamble away with the goblin crowd!
kelten
Keenspot Despot

Postby PSychotic on Sun May 08, 2011 12:58 pm

kelten, anyone can join. this game's like into brassmoon, no one owns the characters. all of it's in the first post.
Shi' Arri, Decroi, Canton, Sicoh, Tig, Jack, and Mack.

The Dread Pirate Scarrrgh, Kobold Pirate ..... dead just like half his crew
Lisps, Goblin Defender ..... Feats: Improved Tackle 2, Tackle Stamina 2, Improved Dodging 1
That Nameless Guy, Undead Warrior ..... STR 5 DEX 3 CON 3 ..... HP ?/? ..... 4 Throwing Knives, Axe (+3), Heavy Leather Armor (5/5)
Shiny, Not So Dead Goblin ..... ATK 1 DEF 1 ..... HP 5/5
Jack-Of-All-Trades, Lucky Goblin ..... ATK 0 DEF 1 ..... HP 5/5 MP 5/5 ..... Spells: Buff/Debuff, Thief!, Acrobatic F@#king Pirouette!
Bringer-Of-New-Times, Goblin Teller ..... ATK 1 DEF 1 ..... HP 5/5 ..... Spells: Heal

Hosting a Cave of Doom
PSychotic
Keenspot Despot

Postby Ralton on Sun May 08, 2011 11:02 pm

It's Monday! Where's the update?! =D

SPOILERS:Don't blame me, blame insomnia
When life gives you lemons, make grape juice, and sit back and watch the world ponder how you did it.
Ralton
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Donnigan on Sun May 08, 2011 11:03 pm

Ralton wrote:It's Monday! Where's the update?! =D

SPOILERS:Don't blame me, blame insomnia

Ditto.

HasBadTemper
Traits:

Donnigan
Keenspot Despot

Postby ArdentSilver on Mon May 09, 2011 3:36 am

I have a university final to take. Updates will begin sometime after that.
ArdentSilver
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby knucklekraken on Mon May 09, 2011 4:47 am

Lurking forward to it.

Member of the Irregulators. Reticulating splines since 2011.

Here are stats for a player race I created, compatible with 3.5 D&D. Please steal.

SPOILERS:Tasty People
+2 Charisma: Tasty People have strong natural pheromones.
-2 Wisdom: Tasty People have a racial predisposition for making bad decisions.
When faced with an encounter involving a predatory creature, a Tasty Person must make a Charisma Check. If the DC (15) is met, the creature will attack the Tasty Person to the exclusion of other targets who are not also Tasty People who have met this DC. The DC should be modified for monsters with a strong sense of smell, I leave this to your discretion as a DM. The monster is not forced to attack the Tasty Person if doing so would cause it to take an attack of opportunity.
A Tasty Person's starting class should be treated as his favored class.

Tasty People speak Common.
knucklekraken
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby ArdentSilver on Mon May 09, 2011 5:23 am

The Party Crashers quickly scale the pink marble building, making their way to a lightly-traveled window.

One quick left hook, and they're in.

Well, almost...

The window leads to a small storage space, currently empty. Clan Fourth Moon's Grapevine indicates that the interior of the hotel is much less garishly decorated. The Grapevine also tells them that two well-dressed gentlegoblins are having quite the vigorous debate out here in the lobby.

The Valet stands quietly. It seems she didn't notice the breaking glass, which is a small blessing.

Consider this party officially crashed!

SPOILERS:Whelp, I got ****ed over by my choice of imagehost. As a result, I don't have access to non-blurry versions of most of my assets, so updates are going to be less-than-lightning-fast until I can rectify that.
ArdentSilver
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby PSychotic on Mon May 09, 2011 5:35 am

Gentlegoblinne-of-Leisure jumps down and gets to work on the left 'sir' in a most uncouth way. "I bet your monocle isn't made of real gold, sir! and what kind of cane is that? It it even made of ivory? Psh-haw, I don't think so."

ACTIONS
major: engage the left goblin with witty banter.
Shi' Arri, Decroi, Canton, Sicoh, Tig, Jack, and Mack.

The Dread Pirate Scarrrgh, Kobold Pirate ..... dead just like half his crew
Lisps, Goblin Defender ..... Feats: Improved Tackle 2, Tackle Stamina 2, Improved Dodging 1
That Nameless Guy, Undead Warrior ..... STR 5 DEX 3 CON 3 ..... HP ?/? ..... 4 Throwing Knives, Axe (+3), Heavy Leather Armor (5/5)
Shiny, Not So Dead Goblin ..... ATK 1 DEF 1 ..... HP 5/5
Jack-Of-All-Trades, Lucky Goblin ..... ATK 0 DEF 1 ..... HP 5/5 MP 5/5 ..... Spells: Buff/Debuff, Thief!, Acrobatic F@#king Pirouette!
Bringer-Of-New-Times, Goblin Teller ..... ATK 1 DEF 1 ..... HP 5/5 ..... Spells: Heal

Hosting a Cave of Doom
PSychotic
Keenspot Despot

Postby Donnigan on Mon May 09, 2011 6:44 am

Smokes-Fine-Cigars will follow Gentlegoblinne-of-Leisure down to the floor, engaging the right 'sir', blowing a cloud of smoke into his face as he says.

"By Maglubiyet, what are you wearing? Do you not know that that went out of style around the time of my parent's birth? How did you get in here anyway, this place is obviously to high class for your kind. Well, speak up!"

HasBadTemper
Traits:

Donnigan
Keenspot Despot

Postby knucklekraken on Mon May 09, 2011 7:13 am

Lives-Free will jump on down and examine the hatrack for accoutrements that might fit his dress and demeanor. He then opens the door and feigns surprise.

Oh, my! This isn't the dining hall! How embarrassing! I do apologize for intruding... Oh, my, you are exquisite, aren't you? Allow me to introduce myself.

He attempts to kiss her hand before feigning an urgent appointment elsewhere in the hotel and closing the door behind him.

EDIT: Probably should introduce himself with an assumed name, like Likes-Long-Walks-On-The-Beach.

Here are stats for a player race I created, compatible with 3.5 D&D. Please steal.

When faced with an encounter involving a predatory creature, a Tasty Person must make a Charisma Check. If the DC (15) is met, the creature will attack the Tasty Person to the exclusion of other targets who are not also Tasty People who have met this DC. The DC should be modified for monsters with a strong sense of smell, I leave this to your discretion as a DM. The monster is not forced to attack the Tasty Person if doing so would cause it to take an attack of opportunity.

knucklekraken
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby vid20 on Mon May 09, 2011 7:50 am

Chief Gets-the-girl will walk over to the hat rack, and don the fanciest of hats (or are they cravats) then, if he has time he will join his comrades in crashing over by the other gentlemen, intercepting any possible support provided by the gentlemen on the right hand side.
"Good sir, and I use the term as loosely as can possibly be implied; looser probably then any girls who have ever taken a fancy in you. Would you mind pointing me and my friends to where the real party on this premises is, as obviously it's not out here with you boring clots."
The Ratings War: Be Careful What You Wish For. A forum game that's a bit different.

Destiny of the Stonetear Clan
Wields-two-shields - Goblin maiden
HP 5/5
ATT: 3 (1 + 2 short blade)
DEF: 5 (2 + Frostward: +2 DEF Melee attacks made against the wearer have a 25% chance to freeze the attacker, making it inactive for the next turn. + 1 light wooden shield)
Back pack
skull - just be glade it's not you
Skeleton key
Leather Armor +1
Jar of Blue Energy

Escape from Brassmoon
Kritanta - kobold rogue. -died turn 135 RIP
vid20
Keenspot Despot

Postby ArdentSilver on Mon May 09, 2011 10:01 am

Gentlegoblinne wastes no time, sliding down the ladder, directly into banter with the bemonocled gentlegoblin.

"I bette your monocle is notte madeth of reale golde, sirre! And whatte kinde of caine is thatte? Is itte even madeth of ivory? Pshh-hawwe, I do notte thinke so."

"Thy taste is discerning! For 'tis not gold, true, for 'tis wrought from fine electrum instead. Likewise, my cane is made from rhinocerous horn, and thus is not ivory, so you are correct twice."

Being right has never felt worse. Ow! Oof! Ouch! Gentlegoblinne takes 2 strong hits to his emotional health, while the lefter gentlegoblin is not fazed at all.

Meanwhile, Lives-Free wastes no time in scrounging the coat-rack for apparel. And what luck! Someone has left a perfectly good [Green Bow Tie: +1 Mental Fortitude] lying around here! Lives-Free ties it on and walks out through the entrance and beholds the Valet.

Oh, my! This isn't the dining hall! How embarrassing! I do apologize for intruding... Oh, my, you are exquisite, aren't you? Allow me to introduce myself.

The Valet blushes, and allows you to kiss her gloved hand. "S-stop." she manages to eke out, between suppressed giggles. "I'm on duty."

Elsewhere, Smokes drops in, intercepting the righter gentlegoblin from causing further mental trauma to Gentlegoblinne.
"By Maglubiyet, what are you wearing? Do you not know that that went out of style around the time of my parent's birth? How did you get in here anyway, this place is obviously too high class for your kind. Well, speak up!"

Chief Gets-the-Girl joins him and, after discovering the coatrack is *not* a hatrack (and now empty of purloinable items to boot), joins Smokes' verbal lambasting.

"Good sir, (and I use the term as loosely as can possibly be implied -- looser even than any girls who have ever taken a fancy in you) would you mind pointing me and my friends to where the real party on this premises is, as obviously it's not out here with you boring clods?"

The gentlegoblin is clearly flustered by this two-pronged assault.
"Well, I *never*! I think, that is to say, by which I mean, er... ball room and a bar, but, my word!"

Needless to say, his wit doesn't affect Smokes in the slightest.

SPOILERS:Remember, bantering ends your turn.
Last edited by ArdentSilver on Mon May 09, 2011 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
ArdentSilver
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby knucklekraken on Mon May 09, 2011 10:42 am

Lives-Free notices the item next to his knee and inspects/loots it. He then asks the fair maiden when she might be off duty, so that he might see her again. If that doesn't count as bantering, he'll head back in (with a show of reluctance) and assist Gentle with his situation. If it does... tough luck, chum.

It strikes me that that is probably the curbside and not, in fact, an item. Still can't think of a better alternative, though.
Last edited by knucklekraken on Mon May 09, 2011 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

knucklekraken
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby ArdentSilver on Mon May 09, 2011 10:53 am

That would be the curb.
ArdentSilver
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby knucklekraken on Mon May 09, 2011 10:54 am

Blast. Edit did not go through in time.

knucklekraken
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Donnigan on Mon May 09, 2011 11:15 am

"Well I never is right, my failure of a goblin." Smokes-Fine-Cigars says, taking another drag. "I have never seen such a poor specimen such as yourself. Not even Has-Poor-Hygiene has such a malodorous stench and He-Whose-Face-Was-Repeatedly-Beaten-With-An-Unsightly-Club has thrice your charm. Leave my presence Sir, at once. Leave your cane however, as that may prove useful us, as befitting your betters."

((Chief should still help, since we don't know if Smokes can take him out by himself.))

HasBadTemper
Traits:

Donnigan
Keenspot Despot

Postby ReadsVoraciously on Mon May 09, 2011 11:30 am

I'm just curious about the mechanics of the banter. Are the confrontations entirely determined by your base stats, or if the banter is particularly witty, do you receive a bonus to your wit?
Current Games:
Clan Rampage - GM - Come check it out!
Capture the Flag - Nose-In-A-Book
The Awesomesword Wanes - Thinks Twice - Teller/Heal-Bitch
The Clan of the Connected Mesh - Casts the First Stone
The Lost Chapter Clan - Follows Tracks - Lvl 4 Ranger
ReadsVoraciously
Keenspot Despot

Next

Return to Goblins Games