Into Brassmoon City (Prologue to EFB) - Complete at Turn 52!

Moderator: Thunt

Forum rules
Forum games go here.

Into Brassmoon City (Prologue to EFB) - Complete at Turn 52!

Postby EvilCoatrack on Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:56 pm

Into Brassmoon City: The Stonetear Clan

Not long before the prisoners in the Researcher's secret lab began their escape, two other goblins entered the tunnels beneath Brassmoon from a remote cave. These were the Chief and Teller of the Stonetear Clan, a once-proud group of goblins that had, not too long ago, controlled a dungeon crawl far below Brassmoon's most ancient of sewers. They had recently been pushed out of those caverns by a group of humans who called themselves the Band of the Crimson Night, a nasty bunch full of slavers, thieves, and mercenaries.

Recently, the Stonetear Clan was ambushed from all sides inside those depths, and many of them were captured and hauled away. Some fled to the safety of the woods, including the Chief and Teller. In their haste to escape being trapped, captured, tortured, or killed below the human city, the Stonetear Clan's Moderately Locked Chest was left behind. And while it was not unusual for a clan's Chest to be forfeited to the adventurer party who destroyed the warcamp, the Crimson Night were no adventurers.

The Stonetear chief was shamed for having left it behind. She had to go back in and retrieve its contents.

Unfortunately, not many of the goblins who had fled were very trustworthy of her leadership. Most thought it was ludicrous to even maintain a warcamp beneath Brassmoon, and the rest felt that it was the chief's poor leadership that led to their clan being ambushed.

The chief maintained that someone betrayed their clan to the Crimson Night, and decided that she couldn't trust anyone else with the retrieval of their clan's honor. She turned her back on the fleeing refugees and headed back into the cavern.

Though she tried to tell him not to follow, the Teller wouldn't hear of letting his chief return to that place alone. Together, they set foot back into the caves.

And so it begins.

"Are you sure you want to do this? It's just a chest! We don't even know what's in it. Why risk dying to these humans for some shiny baubles or magic items that we won't even use?

"It's not about the items. That chest's contents belong to our clan and I will see it returned to the village. It's a matter of honor."

Rules:

The full text of the mechanical rules that govern this game can be found in my signature, which links to my main game, Escape from Brassmoon. If you're unfamiliar with that game, go read up on it now if you want to play in this mini-game.

Aside from mechanical rules, there's a BIG difference here from the other game:

No one owns either character. The FIRST PERSON to post an action for EACH CHARACTER has temporary control.

That's right, you can control either the Teller or the Chief by simply being the first one to post after an update. And these updates are going to be issued out FAST - I'll be spending most of April 1st (and maybe April 2nd) drawing them.

You may only control ONE character per update, but there is no limit on how many updates you can post actions for.

If you see that someone else has already posted an action for a character, please don't post a second action until after the next update. I'll only be paying attention to the first one.

Any posts that are intentionally griefing the characters will result in that player's post (and any more that they make) being ignored by me. I'll let you know if I determine one is griefing, and will open the character back up for new actions.

If you already have/had control of a character from Escape from Brassmoon, you are disqualified from playing in this game. The only exception to this is BurnsBees, since his control was temporary. Notimportant is excluded because he has the option to take permanent control of Scarrrgh. As PSychotic has regained control of Scarrrgh, notimportant is now allowed to post in this thread and compete for the end prize.

Starting Character Stats:

Chief:

ATK: 3 (+2 Longsword)
DEF: 5 (+1 Goblin, +2 Chainmail Tunic, +1 Light Wooden Shield)
HP: 6/6
Pack: Nothing
Abilities: None.
The Chief's color is black.

Teller:

ATK: 2 (+1 Dagger)
DEF: 6 (+1 Goblin, +2 Chainmail Tunic, +2 Small Metal Shield)
HP: 5/5
Pack: Nothing.
Abilities: Heal (+1 HP, ranged, Minor Action)
The teller's color is #804000.

Starting Item Descriptions:

[Chainmail Tunic: +2 DEF.]

[Dagger: +1 ATK. One-handed. Can be held in your offhand for +1 ATK.]

[Longsword: +2 ATK One-handed or +3 ATK Two-handed. Parry 1.]

I will begin the next update tomorrow (Friday, April 1st) whenever I wake up and get around to it (I don't have class tomorrow). I will begin work on the next update as soon as I get two actions in.

Good luck, and oh, by the way:

Prize:

All qualified participants in this game will be eligible to compete for character control in Escape from Brassmoon at the conclusion of this game.

Your actions during this mini-game can have an effect on that character's stats.

Please note that actually being able to take actions in Escape from Brassmoon (even after you win at this mini-game) will depend on the players in there "unlocking" the character through their own actions. Winning this game will reserve your spot for when they unlock this character.
Last edited by EvilCoatrack on Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
So I run some forum games:
Read Into Brassmoon City, a 52-turn completed prologue to EFB done entirely within 2 days.
Check out the Escape from Brassmoon, Complete at 171 turns!
Discover the Destiny of the Stonetear Clan, currently in progress.
EvilCoatrack
Keenspot Despot

Re: Into Brassmoon City (Prologue to the Escape)

Postby Kelvara on Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:59 pm

Aww, wish I could post, this looks awesome. Your games are great ECR.
Kelvara
Keenspot Despot

Postby knucklekraken on Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:04 pm

The teller moves deeper into the cave, holding his shield at the ready.

Member of the Irregulators. Reticulating splines since 2011.

Here are stats for a player race I created, compatible with 3.5 D&D. Please steal.

SPOILERS:Tasty People
+2 Charisma: Tasty People have strong natural pheromones.
-2 Wisdom: Tasty People have a racial predisposition for making bad decisions.
When faced with an encounter involving a predatory creature, a Tasty Person must make a Charisma Check. If the DC (15) is met, the creature will attack the Tasty Person to the exclusion of other targets who are not also Tasty People who have met this DC. The DC should be modified for monsters with a strong sense of smell, I leave this to your discretion as a DM. The monster is not forced to attack the Tasty Person if doing so would cause it to take an attack of opportunity.
A Tasty Person's starting class should be treated as his favored class.

Tasty People speak Common.
knucklekraken
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby SuperVaderMan on Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:15 pm

The Chief heads on ahead of the Teller, hopefully being the first to be targeted in case of enemies
Hats (Complete)
Bleeds Profusely
Lance & shield user, gnome racist, pikmin captain, and conqueror of the mouse hole.
SuperVaderMan
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby EvilCoatrack on Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:21 pm

Turn 1

Both goblins head to deeper into the cave, shields at the ready for whatever they may encounter.

"Quiet here, we don't want to wake the bats," whispers Chief.

"Gotcha."

SPOILERS:Next update will be in about 8-10 hours.
Read Into Brassmoon City, a 52-turn completed prologue to EFB done entirely within 2 days.
EvilCoatrack
Keenspot Despot

Postby SuperVaderMan on Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:24 pm

Chief sneaks over and examines the sign, wary of the skull directly above it
Hats (Complete)
Bleeds Profusely
Lance & shield user, gnome racist, pikmin captain, and conqueror of the mouse hole.
SuperVaderMan
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby knucklekraken on Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:29 pm

Teller sees if the door is locked. Quietly.

Here are stats for a player race I created, compatible with 3.5 D&D. Please steal.

When faced with an encounter involving a predatory creature, a Tasty Person must make a Charisma Check. If the DC (15) is met, the creature will attack the Tasty Person to the exclusion of other targets who are not also Tasty People who have met this DC. The DC should be modified for monsters with a strong sense of smell, I leave this to your discretion as a DM. The monster is not forced to attack the Tasty Person if doing so would cause it to take an attack of opportunity.

knucklekraken
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby vid20 on Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:43 pm

SPOILERS:Amazing game idea ECR, also love the graphics on the chief!

So, The Crimson Night are who those assholes that we are killing right now are hey?
The Ratings War: Be Careful What You Wish For. A forum game that's a bit different.

Destiny of the Stonetear Clan
Wields-two-shields - Goblin maiden
HP 5/5
ATT: 3 (1 + 2 short blade)
DEF: 5 (2 + Frostward: +2 DEF Melee attacks made against the wearer have a 25% chance to freeze the attacker, making it inactive for the next turn. + 1 light wooden shield)
Back pack
skull - just be glade it's not you
Skeleton key
Leather Armor +1
Jar of Blue Energy

Escape from Brassmoon
Kritanta - kobold rogue. -died turn 135 RIP
vid20
Keenspot Despot

Postby BurnsBees on Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:39 am

One of the bats sleep until someone makes a decently loud sound, which then the bat swoops down and attack the one who made the sound.

....What do you mean I cannot post as a bat? Is it not a non player character/monster? :)
Beware of the ducks with bombs. They know who you are and they are out to get you.
BurnsBees
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby knucklekraken on Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:42 am

Which bat?

knucklekraken
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby EvilCoatrack on Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:20 am

Turn 2

Chief checks out the sign. It's the Stonetear symbol, though the paint's a little faded. At least it doesn't look like the humans have defaced it yet.

Teller tests the door slowly. He can feel the latch give enough to know that it isn't locked.

EvilCoatrack
Keenspot Despot

Postby knucklekraken on Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:22 am

Teller minor actions the door open. If it creaks, he major actions the first bat that comes calling. If not, he move actions into the next room.

knucklekraken
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Warlock on Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:27 am

Chief waits for the Teller to open the door and is ready to fight if the bats wake up and attack. If they don't, she'll move into the next room as well.
Warlock
Keenspot Despot

Postby EvilCoatrack on Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:41 am

Turn 3

Teller opens the door, and it makes a very shrill scraping noise.

All the bats wake up, and two of them attack Chief directly. They don't do any damage to her, but she only scores a glancing hit on one of them.

Teller curses their luck.

SPOILERS:Opening and closing doors are major actions.
EvilCoatrack
Keenspot Despot

Postby knucklekraken on Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:43 am

Ah.

Teller (Who I'm taking over completely until I go to bed) jumps whichever bat Chief attacks.

knucklekraken
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Warlock on Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:45 am

Chief slashes at the bats with her sword hoping to sever their wings, thus making them a lot less of a threat.

"For Stonetear!"
Warlock
Keenspot Despot

Postby EvilCoatrack on Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:03 am

Turn 4

The two goblins focus their attacks and kill the bat that Chief hit last turn.

Three bats hit Chief and managed to do one damage, reducing her to 5/6 HP. One bat hits Teller and deals no damage.
EvilCoatrack
Keenspot Despot

Postby m0rtimer on Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:05 am

(got nothing to gain, but oh well. If you'd rather not have me post, I'll survive, but heh :P)

Chief will attack one of the bats that are attacking her.
ME JAM STICK IN STONE. ME CREATE LEVER.

goblin heroes - Completed
threads of reality - in progress
m0rtimer
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby knucklekraken on Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:05 am

Teller heals Chief whilst expertly whacking bats with whatever he happens to be holding.

knucklekraken
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Warlock on Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:07 am

Chief attacks again. She swings her sword in an arc hoping to his all three with one swing, due to their close proximity. If possible, she'll also try to bash one with her shield.
Warlock
Keenspot Despot

Postby EvilCoatrack on Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:08 am

Sorry, m0rt, the reason I excluded current/past players of Escape from Brassmoon is that the final contest to get a slot in the main game will depend on participation in this game. If I let players post who are ineligible for the character slot, I'm taking away an opportunity from someone else.

Feel free to comment, of course. This thread will be a lot less cluttered than Escape from Brassmoon just due to the frequency of updates.

Following Warlock's action for Chief.
EvilCoatrack
Keenspot Despot

Postby BurnsBees on Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:10 am

The bat that previously attacked the teller attacks the chief instead. What?
Beware of the ducks with bombs. They know who you are and they are out to get you.
BurnsBees
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby EvilCoatrack on Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:25 am

Turn 5

Teller heals Chief back to a full 6/6 Hit Points as the two slice their way through another bat.

The bats flap around but don't do any actual damage.

"What a nuisance."
EvilCoatrack
Keenspot Despot

Postby Warlock on Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:28 am

Chief is more upset with herself for leaving the moderately locked chest behind and takes it out on the bats. She slashes with authority!
Warlock
Keenspot Despot

Postby knucklekraken on Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:31 am

Teller whaps a bat with his shield contemptuously.

knucklekraken
Keenspot Juggernaut

Next

Return to Goblins Games