Escape From Brassmoon: COMPLETE! [Epilogue on p. 132]

Moderator: Thunt

Forum rules
Forum games go here.

Re: Escape From Brassmoon (Forum Game)

Postby MadBoat on Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:29 am

One of us should, perhaps, check the rest of the cells. no corpses, of course, but maybe the dead ones left some information or something of use on the walls. Can I have the key, Vex?

Sarus If I get the key, I'll unlock the cells of the dead prisoners and see if vex missed anything. Otherwise I'll head down the ladder.
Last Ditch Dungeon: Teller Hideous Mole SWEET GLORIOUS VICTORY!
Escape from Brassmoon: Sarus, Foe of the Floating Maw ESCAPED! WOOT!
Crappy Art Cave of Doom: Mops Up : DIED AT THE HEIGHT OF MY GLORY! HOW NOBLE!

Loot!:Herr Henry von HeffleHocken, Hobgoblin Hero
WND: 4
ATK 9: 1 (Hero) + 2 (mighty pen) + 6 (pipe of Badassery)
DEF 2: 0 (Hero) + 1 (Leprechaun Lamp) + 1 (Accounts Ledger)
FAB 14: 0 (Hero) + 4(Leprechaun Lamp) + 2 (mighty pen) + 6 (Accounts Ledger) + 2 (pipe of badassery)
Gear: s1: Leprechaun Lamp(Creates Rainbows! Creates light! 30% chance for Moar Lewt!)
s2: Pipe of Badassery (Makes you a badass! Also makes you talk like Helen Keller!)
s3 Accounts Ledger (Giant friggin' blank book! Very pretty! Contains Blank Paper Pages of Potential!"
s5: Mighty Pen( 5% chance to break swords! +1 Def against swords! Creates caligraphic characters on command!"
MadBoat
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby EvilCoatrack on Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:35 am

MadBoat wrote:One of us should, perhaps, check the rest of the cells. no corpses, of course, but maybe the dead ones left some information or something of use on the walls. Can I have the key, Vex?

Sarus If I get the key, I'll unlock the cells of the dead prisoners and see if vex missed anything. Otherwise I'll head down the ladder.

SPOILERS:Vex broke the rule of one major action per turn on Turn 0, I had to do it that way to get you all out at the same time. If you want to open the other cells, it will cost you a major action each. And a minor action from each party member before that in order to trade the key.
So I run some forum games:
Read Into Brassmoon City, a 52-turn completed prologue to EFB done entirely within 2 days.
Check out the Escape from Brassmoon, Complete at 171 turns!
Discover the Destiny of the Stonetear Clan, currently in progress.
EvilCoatrack
Keenspot Despot

Postby Kelvara on Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:04 am

Yay, teller. :D

Vexing Solution

After freeing everyone, Vex proclaims,"The spirits have favored me by telling me the most opportune time to escape, let's not waste this chance."

Turning to Saurus, Vex says "I'm not so sure desecrating the corpses of those too unfortunate to survive is a good idea. Also, consider that if we didn't have anything, it's pretty unlikely the other prisoners did."

Minor: Healing self.
Move: Going down the ladder.
Kelvara
Keenspot Despot

Postby m0rtimer on Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:03 am

edited in my post so I'll (perhaps) be a bit more usefull. Probally not tough. :P
ME JAM STICK IN STONE. ME CREATE LEVER.

goblin heroes - Completed
threads of reality - in progress
m0rtimer
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby EvilCoatrack on Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:17 pm

Will give ArcticTornado until 8 PM EST (45 minutes from now) to post an action before I finish the update and post it.
Read Into Brassmoon City, a 52-turn completed prologue to EFB done entirely within 2 days.
EvilCoatrack
Keenspot Despot

Postby EvilCoatrack on Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:18 pm

Turn 2

Most of the prisoners moved on down the ladder.

On his way down, Giggles took the Torch from its sconce.

Scarrrgh wasn't sure whether he was sad or angry about his mate, Scuffles, who apparently died in Cell 16. So he punched a metal door.

Ends looked at the numbers above the cell. They appear to be painted directly onto the wall, and a quick look over them reveals that they aren't much more than identifiers. The color difference is weird, though.

Sarus wanted to take the key and unlock some of the other cells, but Vex didn't think it was a good idea to disturb the them and instead went downstairs. On his way past Cell 3, Sarus took a moment to look in through the murky window. It looked completely empty, like his own cell.

Luck sits all alone by her cell. It looks like she's still feeling a bit down about being captured and experimented on.

Down the ladder, however, things aren't so dull.

Scarrrgh has to pause on the ladder to briefly bemoan his aching hand. Turns out punching solid steel isn't that great an idea. He gets -1 to ATK for the next turn.

Vex heals herself for 1 Hit Point, bringing her to 4/5 HP.

Krit moved down the ladder very, very sneakily. Even the other monsters have a hard time following him, and they know he's there!

You can hear some pretty loud snoring.

Torch: When lit, can be wielded in the Main Hand for +1 ATK. Can be held in the Off Hand to shed some light on the area around you. Cannot Stealth while holding. Torch is put out when carried in your pack. You will have to find a way to re-light it if you wish to reuse it.

SPOILERS:And so it begins...

EDIT: Changed my mind on how to draw Stealth. I like this way a lot better.
Last edited by EvilCoatrack on Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EvilCoatrack
Keenspot Despot

Postby LooksAndSmiles on Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:39 pm

Cells

minor action:
Cells picks up a potion of red liquid an inspects it's content by smelling and looking at it intently.

move action:
He moves up to the stairs, and notices something on the stairway.

(Upon hearing the snore, he adds:)
- I think we should gang up and surprise attack the guard. One holding his mouth shut and the others punch him where we can. Beware of that small thingy on the stairs and don't let the guard drop his weapon, or make other noise!
LooksAndSmiles
Keenspot Despot

Postby EvilCoatrack on Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:03 pm

LooksAndSmiles wrote:Cells
move action:
He moves up to the stairs, and notices something on the stairway.

Moving to a different area in the room is a free action and may be done in addition to the normal 2 actions per turn.

Also, since most Minor Actions can count as Major Actions as well, you can do things like inspect another object with your Major Action.

Note: I'll be posting less and less in the way of direct feedback on individual posts as time goes on, but I'm closely following the thread right now in order to familiarize you guys with the rules before you're left to put them to inventive uses on your own.
EvilCoatrack
Keenspot Despot

Postby LooksAndSmiles on Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:10 pm

Oh, okay.
I was going to keep my major action for attacking the guard if the others agree to gang up on him.
LooksAndSmiles
Keenspot Despot

Postby Kelvara on Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:20 pm

We have that ESP type thing right? So we can communicate without noise?

Vexing Solution

"I think we should all ambush the guard at once, and kill him before he can react."

Minor:Healing whoever attacks the guard first, or myself if no one does.
Major:Attacking the guard after someone else does and avoiding the red spot on the stairs, or, if no one does, taking and examining green liquid bottle.

Edit: I noticed the thing on the stairs before, but forgot to post about it. I'd suggest avoiding it everyone.
Last edited by Kelvara on Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kelvara
Keenspot Despot

Postby assana73 on Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:22 pm

SPOILERS:That thing on the stairs looks like...a pencil?
Lab Rats
Whistles Random Tunes(Tunes)
Complete Vocal Control: Imitation of sounds and Ventriloquism
HP: 5/5
Atk: 2 (Dagger)
Def: 1
Inventory:
Dagger (+1 to Atk)

spoiler for MSPA Homestuck below
http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=003840
assana73
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby EvilCoatrack on Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:44 pm

Kelvara wrote:We have that ESP type thing right? So we can communicate without noise?

Yep, you can all communicate telepathically. Additionally, you can do things like "see" the guard right now even though you started this turn a floor above him.

On that note, I should clarify a key difference between my game and LSN's Last Ditch Dungeon: Any floor that you can jump off of to reach a lower level is drawn two-pixels wide. Anything thicker than that is considered a solid wall or door and you can't pass through it. For example, you'll notice that the upper steps of that stairway are only 2-pixel lines, which means you can jump down from the top few steps to the bottom half of steps. Not that there's any reason to do so, but I thought I'd just clarify it.

And yes, I've detailed this place to the pixel. It's kinda painstaking ;)
EvilCoatrack
Keenspot Despot

Postby m0rtimer on Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:33 pm

Ends

minor action: examine the book, see what it says, take it with me if it would seem usefull to do so.

Major action: Carefully make a pssst, and see if the guard reacts. If he does, he'll probally come up to see and we can ambush him. If not, then we know it may be relatively safe to sneak down and then kill him.

Can change it of somebody would want me to :)
Last edited by m0rtimer on Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

m0rtimer
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby MadBoat on Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:40 pm

careful! trap(?) on the step!

Sarus

Sarus pockets 1 green vial and one red vial (if able) on the table, checking for labels. If there is no label that identifies the substance, he squats by the table and examines the spilt green liquid, touching a bit to his tongue, and racks his feeble pharmological skills to identify the substance.

Whoops. Make that as many red vials as I'm able, same rigamarole with these.
Last Ditch Dungeon: Teller Hideous Mole SWEET GLORIOUS VICTORY!
Escape from Brassmoon: Sarus, Foe of the Floating Maw ESCAPED! WOOT!
Crappy Art Cave of Doom: Mops Up : DIED AT THE HEIGHT OF MY GLORY! HOW NOBLE!

Loot!:Herr Henry von HeffleHocken, Hobgoblin Hero
WND: 4
ATK 9: 1 (Hero) + 2 (mighty pen) + 6 (pipe of Badassery)
DEF 2: 0 (Hero) + 1 (Leprechaun Lamp) + 1 (Accounts Ledger)
FAB 14: 0 (Hero) + 4(Leprechaun Lamp) + 2 (mighty pen) + 6 (Accounts Ledger) + 2 (pipe of badassery)
Gear: s1: Leprechaun Lamp(Creates Rainbows! Creates light! 30% chance for Moar Lewt!)
s2: Pipe of Badassery (Makes you a badass! Also makes you talk like Helen Keller!)
s3 Accounts Ledger (Giant friggin' blank book! Very pretty! Contains Blank Paper Pages of Potential!"
s5: Mighty Pen( 5% chance to break swords! +1 Def against swords! Creates caligraphic characters on command!"
MadBoat
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby ArcticTornado on Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:12 am

Luck recovers from her sudden feeling of having missed out on sweet powers, and hurries after the others.

"Hey, is that green stuff acid? Sweet!"

Luck will very carefully pick up the green vial. It's not like we don't have a teller, right?
Chief Gets to the Chopper
2/6 HP :: 0/12 Inf
4 Atk :: 5 Def

Inverted Luck
ATK: 4-6 (+2 Brakeblade, +1 Thief Blade, +0/+1 Thief Armor (25%), +0/+1 Short Blade Specialty (50%))
DEF: 6-7(+1 Goblin, +1 Thief Armor, +1 Thick Skin, +0/+1 Leather Helm (50%), +1 Iron Bracer, +1 Iron Bracer)
Pack: Very Pointy Pencil, 78 gold pieces, Leather Armor, Dagger, Challenge Note, Random Book, Short Rope
Abilities: Renew (+1 HP, Major Action, touch), Lady Luck (double % chance to most items/abilities, passive).
ArcticTornado
Keenspot Despot

Postby vid20 on Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:15 am

I could attempt to sneak down and disarm him, maybe take the weapon from his hands. If he is unarmed, we will have a much higher chance of killing him easily, don't you think?
The Ratings War: Be Careful What You Wish For. A forum game that's a bit different.

Destiny of the Stonetear Clan
Wields-two-shields - Goblin maiden
HP 5/5
ATT: 3 (1 + 2 short blade)
DEF: 5 (2 + Frostward: +2 DEF Melee attacks made against the wearer have a 25% chance to freeze the attacker, making it inactive for the next turn. + 1 light wooden shield)
Back pack
skull - just be glade it's not you
Skeleton key
Leather Armor +1
Jar of Blue Energy

Escape from Brassmoon
Kritanta - kobold rogue. -died turn 135 RIP
vid20
Keenspot Despot

Postby WorstCase on Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:33 am

SPOILERS:You know that broken bottles make pretty nifty weapons?
Besides, before you wake the guard, try to remove all the torches in the room, you can see in th dark, he probably not.
My first Goblins Fancomic 'Risks &Sideeffects':
http://www.acyn.net/RSE_main.html
The second fancomic 'Heimspiel' can be found here (as well as some other Goblins related fan-art):
http://s756.photobucket.com/albums/xx20 ... se_Comics/
!!!Heimspiel is back!!! At least for now.

And here you'll find the players progress map for the 'Let There Be Hats'-Forumgame:
http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx20 ... g_02-3.png
WorstCase
Keenspot Despot

Postby Kelvara on Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:34 am

Seems kinda risky Vid, but I guess no one seems to want to attack him this turn, so may as well try? I'll amend my action to heal you in case he wakes up.
And Arctic, if people aren't attacking the guard I already said I was taking the green bottle. If they are, you probably should attack too.

Vexing Solution

Minor:Healing whoever attacks the guard first, or Vid20 if no one attacks but he says he's going to steal the weapon, or myself if no one does anything. :P
Major:Attacking the guard after someone else does and avoiding the red spot on the stairs, or, if no one does, taking and examining green liquid bottle.
Kelvara
Keenspot Despot

Postby vid20 on Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:11 am

Kritanta
"Let me scout ahead." Hisses Kritanta from the sneaky stealthy shadows of sneakery. He then proceeds to sneak down the steps to the lower level and sees the guard. Sound asleep.
"Let sleeping dogs lie." Kritanta whispers to himself. He walks over to the guard and checks how deep his sleep is, then deciding its safe to proceed he sneaks around the guard and tries to remove the guards weapon. If however the guard is obviously only a light sleeper, then Darken will change his plan and loot the nearest torch, extinguishing it as he picks it up.

Major action
Move unseen

Minor actions
Try to steal the guards weapon, if that obviously wont work, then loot the torch nearest the guard and extinguish it.

SPOILERS:Because I'm fool hardy and arrogant, I'm sticking with my initial plan, but if it is obviously a stupid idea then I have put in a back up plan.
The Ratings War: Be Careful What You Wish For. A forum game that's a bit different.

HP 5/5
DEF: 5 (2 + Frostward: +2 DEF Melee attacks made against the wearer have a 25% chance to freeze the attacker, making it inactive for the next turn. + 1 light wooden shield)
Back pack
Skeleton key
Leather Armor +1
Jar of Blue Energy

Escape from Brassmoon
vid20
Keenspot Despot

Postby EvilCoatrack on Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:41 am

What appears obvious to you is entirely based on your own view of the panel :P Getting any more information will cost you a minor action to inspect. You CAN condition your action on the actions of your comrades (or on a valid action of your own), but you CANNOT condition your own minor action (picking up a weapon) on your other minor action (inspecting the guard) on the same turn that you're Stealthing (which is a Major Action). That'd be three actions in one turn.

Nice try though ;)

By the way, my rule on interpreting actions is to always take the first thing you say and try to do it. If it hinges on a valid condition and that condition isn't present, that act doesn't happen. If the condition is invalid, however, you do the action anyway.
EvilCoatrack
Keenspot Despot

Postby vid20 on Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:22 am

Ahhh, okay then.

Well, lets live dangerously.

HP 5/5
Back pack
Skeleton key
Leather Armor +1
Jar of Blue Energy

Escape from Brassmoon
vid20
Keenspot Despot

Postby m0rtimer on Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:58 am

Since vid is pretty much checking wether or not the guard is deeply sleeping:

Ends

minor action: examine the book, see what it says, take it with me if it would seem usefull. Perhaps as a shield if it's nothing special and it seems possible.

Major action: Stand guard over at the staircase, and attack the guard if vid is caught. Avoiding the may-be trap in the meanwhilst, ofcourse.

Also, looksandsmiles, you should try and take both bottles, as theyre very close to each other, it should only cost one action. You could always later on pass one to madboat if he wants one too, and it proves to be a healing potion. Could be anything tough. Unless its labeled, it'll probally be an "mysterious potion of doom and death and bunnies"

m0rtimer
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby PSychotic on Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:16 pm

Scarrgh mutters under his breathe, cursing. He knew he should have punched with his dominant hand. That would have taught the cell. Staring at the stealthily stepping Krit, he whispers "Arrrr, I knew I made the right choice for my first mate. Wait up for me, lad."

He tiptoes down the stairs, still unaware of his new form, stopping a few feet in front of the guard. He warily watches as Krit tries to wrestle the spear from the guard without it noticing. He attacks the guard if his first mate proves unsuccessful. If Krit succeeds, Scarrrgh will grab the bottle near the guard and prepare to attack in unison.

ACTIONS
move: move downstairs, avoid pencil-like line.
major: attack guard if krit fails. if krit succeeds, pick up the beer bottle and wield it
Shi' Arri, Decroi, Canton, Sicoh, Tig, Jack, and Mack.

The Dread Pirate Scarrrgh, Kobold Pirate ..... dead just like half his crew
Lisps, Goblin Defender ..... Feats: Improved Tackle 2, Tackle Stamina 2, Improved Dodging 1
That Nameless Guy, Undead Warrior ..... STR 5 DEX 3 CON 3 ..... HP ?/? ..... 4 Throwing Knives, Axe (+3), Heavy Leather Armor (5/5)
Shiny, Not So Dead Goblin ..... ATK 1 DEF 1 ..... HP 5/5
Jack-Of-All-Trades, Lucky Goblin ..... ATK 0 DEF 1 ..... HP 5/5 MP 5/5 ..... Spells: Buff/Debuff, Thief!, Acrobatic F@#king Pirouette!
Bringer-Of-New-Times, Goblin Teller ..... ATK 1 DEF 1 ..... HP 5/5 ..... Spells: Heal

Hosting a Cave of Doom
PSychotic
Keenspot Despot

Postby Aelthas on Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:19 pm

While avoiding the pencil Giggles walks down, and if the others are ready to attack, jams his torch in the guards voonerables. Preferably after someone else hits him with some alcohol.
Giggles Incessantly
ATK: 5 (Short Blade +2, Short Blade [Offhand] +1, Short Blade Specialization +1)
DEF: 6/7 (Half-Plate Armor +3, Goblin +1, 50% chance of +1 from Leather Cap, +1 for being used to it.)
Abilities: Renew (heal 1 HP on touch as a Major Action, must wait one turn after using to use again), Dodge (15% chance to avoid melee damage)
Aelthas
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby EvilCoatrack on Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:57 pm

I'll begin working on the update in approximately 35 minutes (7:30 EST). You guys have until then to finalize actions.
EvilCoatrack
Keenspot Despot

PreviousNext

Return to Goblins Games