Escape From Brassmoon: COMPLETE! [Epilogue on p. 132]

Moderator: Thunt

Forum rules
Forum games go here.

Re: Escape From Brassmoon (Forum Game)

Postby michael7050 on Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:12 pm

:) Tahnks
ServesBeers, Owner of:
The Gobl'INN, the perfect venue to have beers, (and cider, ale etc) while you discuss the latest murders!
Find it today at Thuntworld Serial Killers! - ServesBeers is taking a vacation and apologises for any inconvienience
Stocked by: The Exalted Clan Of Brewerery -Chief - BrewsBeers,Chief Foreman - BrewsAGoodBeer,Stirrer #1 - StirsVats ,Stirrer #2 - WieldsAPaddle, Taster - GetsDrunk,Ingredients Manager - SpikesDrinks----In memory of Grim, who drew my Avatar, and abondoned this clan.
DrinksBeers, Guardian of the Twisting Falls Clan!
GoAwayIHaveAHangover, Lead Tactician of Clan MightyOak!
THE HANGOVER, Goblin Mage!
FiveMinutesLate ToTheParty - Goblin Defender!
Teetotaller , Escapee! - Died by a grisly fate. May EvilCoatrack speed him to Maglubiyets arms.
IsADrunkMage, Mage of the Catacombs! -Surivived! Now at Mud's Betting Stall!

GetsDrunkAndMakesRainbowsEverywhere, The mighty Rainbowmancer! - Abandoned by Pointsthingsout. :(

I AM FREAKIN UNBEATABLE!
- Forgath
michael7050
Keenspot Despot

Postby ThinkingOfNames on Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:10 pm

SPOILERS:Note to self : the next time i allow myself to go to sleep, not check the forums in the morning and then leave for an evening of gaming i will need a new wall to head-bash into, this one is pretty much done with after 3 times...

I will be watching however, good luck.
Goblin Defence Lt. Play With Fire Unknown Duration Hiatus
Zombie Bait Zombie Falls Down Stairs Game Ended
Awesomesword Wanes Drill Sergeant
HP: 5/5, ATK:2, DEF: 5
Gargoyle Horn (+1, Ablate 1 def), Chainshirt(+3) & Buckler (+1)

Destiny of the Stonetear Clan Saves The Realm
HP: 4/5, ATK: 4 (Orcish Hand Axe: +2 ATK 1h. Parry 2., Light Axe: +1 ATK. off-hand. 3 Damage when Thrown, Recoverable if target dies.), DEF: 2 (+1 Goblin)
Pack: [Gem of Defense: Can be permanently applied to a piece of non-magical equipment to make the item magical and grant it +1 Defense in addition to its other stats.], [Firestick: Causes 2-5 Fire damage at range. 1h. Major Action. 3 charges.] , [Empty Jar]
Abilities: Soul Siphon (Minor Action: Heal 1 HP of target ally at touch range. Costs Saves 1 HP. No cooldown.) (Swings/Rounds: 1/1)
ThinkingOfNames
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby EvilCoatrack on Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:22 pm

Still putting finishing touches on the dungeon (but don't worry, you won't be getting to the rooms I'm working on for quite some time). For those interested in such things, I just made a list of the various different items and equipment you can find here. I'm up to 41 unique items so far, with many more to go.

Alright, I've received responses from all 9 of my players, I think. Let me try to summarize the characters here. You still have until 7:00 PM EST on Sunday to post here with any alterations.

EDIT: See list below, under "Turn 1"

Lemme know if anything needs changing before tomorrow's update.

Also, I've decided to randomly award Teller or Rogue powers to only those actively interested in playing those roles. If you lean one way more than another, please clarify it before the update.
Last edited by EvilCoatrack on Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:24 pm, edited 4 times in total.
So I run some forum games:
Read Into Brassmoon City, a 52-turn completed prologue to EFB done entirely within 2 days.
Check out the Escape from Brassmoon, Complete at 171 turns!
Discover the Destiny of the Stonetear Clan, currently in progress.
EvilCoatrack
Keenspot Despot

Postby michael7050 on Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:24 pm

Teetotaler ("Tee") **NOTE: vid20 claimed this color ahead of you, please pick a new one or risk being assigned a random color by me until you do **
Male Goblin, interested in having Teller powers.
Played by michael7050.

Aw man!

ok.... reddish brown!
ServesBeers, Owner of:
The Gobl'INN, the perfect venue to have beers, (and cider, ale etc) while you discuss the latest murders!
Find it today at Thuntworld Serial Killers! - ServesBeers is taking a vacation and apologises for any inconvienience
Stocked by: The Exalted Clan Of Brewerery -Chief - BrewsBeers,Chief Foreman - BrewsAGoodBeer,Stirrer #1 - StirsVats ,Stirrer #2 - WieldsAPaddle, Taster - GetsDrunk,Ingredients Manager - SpikesDrinks----In memory of Grim, who drew my Avatar, and abondoned this clan.
Teetotaller , Escapee! - Died by a grisly fate. May EvilCoatrack speed him to Maglubiyets arms.

GetsDrunkAndMakesRainbowsEverywhere, The mighty Rainbowmancer! - Abandoned by Pointsthingsout. :(

I AM FREAKIN UNBEATABLE!
- Forgath
michael7050
Keenspot Despot

Postby EvilCoatrack on Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:30 pm

michael7050 wrote:
Teetotaler ("Tee") **NOTE: vid20 claimed this color ahead of you, please pick a new one or risk being assigned a random color by me until you do **
Male Goblin, interested in having Teller powers.
Played by michael7050.

Aw man!

ok.... reddish brown!

m0rtimer's character is already using the #BF0000 color for reddish brown too :P Sorry.

Try again? Or can I interest you in a nice #804000 brown?

Your alternatives include any shade of blue, a good deal of shades of green, etc. Any unique color code you find is fine with me. As long as it's neither white, black, gray, or any of the colors already spoken for.
Last edited by EvilCoatrack on Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Read Into Brassmoon City, a 52-turn completed prologue to EFB done entirely within 2 days.
EvilCoatrack
Keenspot Despot

Postby EvilCoatrack on Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:23 am

Alright, in the interest of trying to make the game less unisex (and because we have a female PC in this one), I tried my MS Paint hand at editing my Goblin sprite into a female version. I was worried it'd look weird when gear was applied, but I've tested it and so far I think it looks okay. Sneak peak before it goes into the update:

EvilCoatrack
Keenspot Despot

Postby m0rtimer on Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:01 am

Pssst... Can I and psychotic switch cells? I want to be test subject 17.

Ezio auditore du firenze!
ME JAM STICK IN STONE. ME CREATE LEVER.

goblin heroes - Completed
threads of reality - in progress
m0rtimer
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby EvilCoatrack on Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:20 am

I'm afraid there will be no cell-switchery, assassin.

As a result of staying up way too late, I feel obligated to announce that there are now 1500+ words written in a document labeled "The Secret Rules of 'Escape From Brassmoon.'"

You will all have to excuse me as I crash for 6+ hours.
EvilCoatrack
Keenspot Despot

Postby vid20 on Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:31 am

edited my color.

Sorry I missed that!
The Ratings War: Be Careful What You Wish For. A forum game that's a bit different.

Destiny of the Stonetear Clan
Wields-two-shields - Goblin maiden
HP 5/5
ATT: 3 (1 + 2 short blade)
DEF: 5 (2 + Frostward: +2 DEF Melee attacks made against the wearer have a 25% chance to freeze the attacker, making it inactive for the next turn. + 1 light wooden shield)
Back pack
skull - just be glade it's not you
Skeleton key
Leather Armor +1
Jar of Blue Energy

Escape from Brassmoon
Kritanta - kobold rogue. -died turn 135 RIP
vid20
Keenspot Despot

Postby Kelvara on Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:07 am

EvilCoatrack wrote:Alright, in the interest of trying to make the game less unisex (and because we have a female PC in this one), I tried my MS Paint hand at editing my Goblin sprite into a female version. I was worried it'd look weird when gear was applied, but I've tested it and so far I think it looks okay. Sneak peak before it goes into the update:

Hooray, I like it! Though you didn't have to, as they're just sprites, it looks very good.

Thanks Mr. Coatrack, you're not evil at all. :wink:
Kelvara
Keenspot Despot

Postby m0rtimer on Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:22 am

Kelvara wrote:
EvilCoatrack wrote:Alright, in the interest of trying to make the game less unisex (and because we have a female PC in this one), I tried my MS Paint hand at editing my Goblin sprite into a female version. I was worried it'd look weird when gear was applied, but I've tested it and so far I think it looks okay. Sneak peak before it goes into the update:

Hooray, I like it! Though you didn't have to, as they're just sprites, it looks very good.

Thanks Mr. Coatrack, you're not evil at all. :wink:

Don't say that! Oh, too late, you allready did. Well done, now I bet that the first room we now encounter is going to contain an army of guards. :P

m0rtimer
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Kelvara on Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:01 am

But my horrible miserable death will look so good!
Kelvara
Keenspot Despot

Postby EvilCoatrack on Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:03 pm

Alright, I'm gonna go ahead and call a freeze on changing colors at this point. vid20 had actually called the dark brown ahead of michael7050, but he changed it to blue and I've decided that we needed more "cold" colors in here anyway :P. The coloring on my above list is final. You have 3 hours to make any changes to your character info before I post the official 1st update, at which point character information is set in stone.
EvilCoatrack
Keenspot Despot

Postby michael7050 on Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:10 pm

I just want brooooowwwnnn!
ServesBeers, Owner of:

I AM FREAKIN UNBEATABLE!
- Forgath
michael7050
Keenspot Despot

Postby ArcticTornado on Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:09 pm

I'll switch to a goblin, please!

Inverted Luck
Female
Interested in being Teller
Chief Gets to the Chopper
2/6 HP :: 0/12 Inf
4 Atk :: 5 Def

Inverted Luck
ATK: 4-6 (+2 Brakeblade, +1 Thief Blade, +0/+1 Thief Armor (25%), +0/+1 Short Blade Specialty (50%))
DEF: 6-7(+1 Goblin, +1 Thief Armor, +1 Thick Skin, +0/+1 Leather Helm (50%), +1 Iron Bracer, +1 Iron Bracer)
HP: 5/5
Pack: Very Pointy Pencil, 78 gold pieces, Leather Armor, Dagger, Challenge Note, Random Book, Short Rope
Abilities: Renew (+1 HP, Major Action, touch), Lady Luck (double % chance to most items/abilities, passive).
ArcticTornado
Keenspot Despot

Postby EvilCoatrack on Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:01 pm

Turn 1
And the characters are:

TS-1
Vexing Solution ("Vex")
Female Goblin
Has Teller powers!
Played by Kelvara.

TS-4
Sarus
Male Kobold
Played by MadBoat.

TS-5
Giggles Incessantly ("Giggles")
Male Goblin
Played by Aelthas.

TS-7
Teetotaler ("Tee")
Male Goblin
Played by michael7050.

TS-8
Ends With A Bang ("Ends")
Male Goblin
Played by m0rtimer.

TS-12
Thrown Into Dark Cells ("Cells")
Male Goblin
Played by LooksAndSmiles.

TS-13
Inverted Luck ("Luck")
Female Goblin
Played by ArcticTornado.

TS-15
Kritanta ("Krit")
Male Kobold
Is a Rogue!
Played by vid20.

TS-17
Scarrrgh
Male Kobold
Played by PSychotic.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Vex, whose door was left unlocked, quickly and quietly pulls herself from her cell. She locates the key hanging on the ladder quite easily and checks the rest of the cells. Half of them are empty - the monsters inside must have been killed by the nasty mixture forced on them, and their corpses vanished due to the spell the Goblin Slayer put on this dungeon. She unlocks those with living inhabitants.

Everyone's generally thrilled to be free! But Sarus harshly whispers to remind Cells that they're not safe yet. Scarrrgh just wants to get his hands on some booty.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Update Protocol:

For my own sanity and in the interest of swift updates, I ask that all players use the following format when posting their actions:

1. Your character's name, in your character's color. (Examples: Late To The Party: or Late)
2. The category of the actions you're taking, followed by the specific action you take. Note: I have updated the rules on page 1, please review them to check out what actions you can take and when.
(Example: Late will use his minor action to pick up the book on the table. If another ally is attacking the guard upstairs, Late will then use his major action to attack that guard. If no one else is attacking the guard, Late uses his move action to explore the new room to the left.)
3. Any thing outside of your list of actions will be considered either telepathic communication between allies or out-of-character discussion, and I'll largely ignore it. If you want to throw flavor text in to have your character talk, feel free.

Enjoy!
- - - - - - - - - - -
Vex is now carrying: Laboratory Key: Was used to unlock the cell doors of your surviving fellow monsters.

*You may carry an infinite amount of items in your pack.
SPOILERS:Silkwhisper had been selected by random.org to be the rogue, before changing to Inverted Luck.
Last edited by EvilCoatrack on Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EvilCoatrack
Keenspot Despot

Postby LooksAndSmiles on Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:28 pm

Thrown Into Dark Cells

- Allright! Let's look around, and find a way out! I say do not split up in more than two groups!

movement:
Climbs down the ladder.

minor/major action:
Undecided.
LooksAndSmiles
Keenspot Despot

Postby Aelthas on Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:32 pm

Giggles Incessantly
I move over to the torch on the wall and attempt to wedge it out. Then I follow the others.

"This could ve useful, hehe."
Giggles Incessantly
HP: 5/5
ATK: 5 (Short Blade +2, Short Blade [Offhand] +1, Short Blade Specialization +1)
DEF: 6/7 (Half-Plate Armor +3, Goblin +1, 50% chance of +1 from Leather Cap, +1 for being used to it.)
Abilities: Renew (heal 1 HP on touch as a Major Action, must wait one turn after using to use again), Dodge (15% chance to avoid melee damage)
Aelthas
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby EvilCoatrack on Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:35 pm

Quick note: Upon entering a new room, your turn ends. Since you haven't seen the room yet, you're not prepared to take any real action in it. This generally does not apply to rooms you have already visited.

If you want to use a major/minor action before moving, be sure to order your post that way.
EvilCoatrack
Keenspot Despot

Postby michael7050 on Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:40 pm

Im assuming that I have amnesia of all torture that happened in that cell..... It would be too hard otherwise.

Tee:

Free!

Whee!

Ok, enough with the rhymes, lets get out of here!

I head down the ladder too.
ServesBeers, Owner of:

I AM FREAKIN UNBEATABLE!
- Forgath
michael7050
Keenspot Despot

Postby PSychotic on Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:20 pm

Scarrrgh leaves his cell, letting the light wash over his face and breathing in the air. He feels free. He can finally move his arms and legs again. And he can escape this sad excuse of a prison.

He walks over to his first mate's cell, ready to pick him up and get out of here so he can do piratey stuff. However, he finds it empty. Punching the wall, Scarrgh screams "Why Scuffles? Why did you have to die!?!? You may have been born on land, but you fought fiercer than any other buckaneer I knew. You were the best in all of us! An example to be looked up to. Unless... you escaped without me! You treacherous little whelp! I knew you were a spineless landcow with fatty nipples to be cut off! I'll hunt you for the rests of my life! And when I find you, I'll run you through with my sword! And then I'll find your precious Sunny and run it through with a sword!"

Scarrrgh then notices the freed kobold in the cell next to his first mate. Going over to him, Scarrgh asks "Hey kobold, wanna be my new first mate? I'm the best goblin pirate capt'n there is, the great Scarrrgh! He who turned his back on his clan! He whose mere name can strike death into the very hearts of gullible humans! Good to know you're good to join, lad."

Vigorously shaking Krit's hand, Scarrgh heartily laughs and continues to the next room.

ACTIONS
major: punch cell ts-16 in grief.
move: go to next room.
Last edited by PSychotic on Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Shi' Arri, Decroi, Canton, Sicoh, Tig, Jack, and Mack.

The Dread Pirate Scarrrgh, Kobold Pirate ..... dead just like half his crew
Lisps, Goblin Defender ..... Feats: Improved Tackle 2, Tackle Stamina 2, Improved Dodging 1
That Nameless Guy, Undead Warrior ..... STR 5 DEX 3 CON 3 ..... HP ?/? ..... 4 Throwing Knives, Axe (+3), Heavy Leather Armor (5/5)
Shiny, Not So Dead Goblin ..... ATK 1 DEF 1 ..... HP 5/5
Jack-Of-All-Trades, Lucky Goblin ..... ATK 0 DEF 1 ..... HP 5/5 MP 5/5 ..... Spells: Buff/Debuff, Thief!, Acrobatic F@#king Pirouette!
Bringer-Of-New-Times, Goblin Teller ..... ATK 1 DEF 1 ..... HP 5/5 ..... Spells: Heal

Hosting a Cave of Doom
PSychotic
Keenspot Despot

Postby EvilCoatrack on Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:14 pm

Reclarifying the rules again :P

You can only take TWO actions per turn. You may choose among the THREE categories. Please re-read the rules list on Page 1, there have been changes made since I originally posted it.

Also, role-playing is fine and welcome, but I just want to make clear that it isn't required at all. This is a game about action.

Oh, and talking to a fellow escapee doesn't count as any kind of action.
EvilCoatrack
Keenspot Despot

Postby m0rtimer on Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:44 pm

Ends

Hm. Mates, perhaps it aint a good idea to all move down together? I mean, we have no clue what could be down there.

minor action: I will examine the numbers above the wall, seeing what material theyre made of and if I can pull it of.
(if and only if allowed: I will also examine how sturdy the ladder is built, and if pieces of it could be used as makeshift weapons)

Move: Move downstairs, and hope there aint an army there.
Last edited by m0rtimer on Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

m0rtimer
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby vid20 on Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:56 am

Kritanta
The kobold stretches his arms and looks around him.
"Fanx." He says to his rescuer, before looking around the the room. It seems like there is only one way out, a ladder. And already most of the escapee's seem to be rushing towards it. Unsure of what dangers could be lurking down the ladder, the kobold sneaks down it, sneakily, the way only a sneaky sneak can.

Major action
Move in shadows

Move action
Move down the ladder

SPOILERS:Is that how I'm mean to use the rogue power? If not let me know now and I'll amend it.
The Ratings War: Be Careful What You Wish For. A forum game that's a bit different.

Destiny of the Stonetear Clan
Wields-two-shields - Goblin maiden
HP 5/5
ATT: 3 (1 + 2 short blade)
DEF: 5 (2 + Frostward: +2 DEF Melee attacks made against the wearer have a 25% chance to freeze the attacker, making it inactive for the next turn. + 1 light wooden shield)
Back pack
skull - just be glade it's not you
Skeleton key
Leather Armor +1
Jar of Blue Energy

Escape from Brassmoon
Kritanta - kobold rogue. -died turn 135 RIP
vid20
Keenspot Despot

Postby EvilCoatrack on Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:24 am

Yep, that's how stealth works. You have to use it first as your Major Action and then use a Minor Action or Move.

The rules are silent as to how much you can get away with while sneaking. Common sense is a good guide, though.
EvilCoatrack
Keenspot Despot

PreviousNext

Return to Goblins Games