Escape From Brassmoon: COMPLETE! [Epilogue on p. 132]

Moderator: Thunt

Forum rules
Forum games go here.

Re: Escape From Brassmoon (Forum Game)

Postby EvilCoatrack on Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:33 pm

Update incoming.
So I run some forum games:
Read Into Brassmoon City, a 52-turn completed prologue to EFB done entirely within 2 days.
Check out the Escape from Brassmoon, Complete at 171 turns!
Discover the Destiny of the Stonetear Clan, currently in progress.
EvilCoatrack
Keenspot Despot

Postby michael7050 on Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:44 pm

looks like I just missed the deadline...I geuss Tee will chill then.
ServesBeers, Owner of:
The Gobl'INN, the perfect venue to have beers, (and cider, ale etc) while you discuss the latest murders!
Find it today at Thuntworld Serial Killers! - ServesBeers is taking a vacation and apologises for any inconvienience
Stocked by: The Exalted Clan Of Brewerery -Chief - BrewsBeers,Chief Foreman - BrewsAGoodBeer,Stirrer #1 - StirsVats ,Stirrer #2 - WieldsAPaddle, Taster - GetsDrunk,Ingredients Manager - SpikesDrinks----In memory of Grim, who drew my Avatar, and abondoned this clan.
DrinksBeers, Guardian of the Twisting Falls Clan!
GoAwayIHaveAHangover, Lead Tactician of Clan MightyOak!
THE HANGOVER, Goblin Mage!
FiveMinutesLate ToTheParty - Goblin Defender!
Teetotaller , Escapee! - Died by a grisly fate. May EvilCoatrack speed him to Maglubiyets arms.
IsADrunkMage, Mage of the Catacombs! -Surivived! Now at Mud's Betting Stall!

GetsDrunkAndMakesRainbowsEverywhere, The mighty Rainbowmancer! - Abandoned by Pointsthingsout. :(

I AM FREAKIN UNBEATABLE!
- Forgath
michael7050
Keenspot Despot

Postby EvilCoatrack on Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:16 pm

Turn 3

The crew goes to work checking out the room.

Cells grabs a red potion and discovers that it is a [Healing Potion: Restores 2 to 4 HP. One use.]! He then steps down the stairs a bit and notices a [Very Pointy Pencil] on the stairs, and picks it up so no one else steps on it.

Sarus grabs the other Healing Potion and chills out on the top floor.

Vex heals Kritanta up to 4/5 HP and grabs an [Acidic Potion: It looks like it burned right through a wooden table… One use.]

Luck snapped out of her stupor and tries to carefully collect the broken vial. As soon as she touches it, though, it falls through the hole that its contents burned in the table! This stuff looks pretty potent.

Kritanta sneaks up very carefully next to the guard and gently pulls the weapon out of his hand. He suddenly feels a lot less stealthy as he receives: Pike: +3 ATK. Two-handed. Parry 1 (You may use your Major Action to Parry, increasing your DEF by 1 this round). Cannot Stealth while equipped or in your inventory.

Although a lot of monsters were ready to attack him if he woke up, the Guard is completely out of it. It could have something to do with the stench of alcohol emanating from him and the empty bottle next to him.

Speaking of that bottle, Scarrrgh grabs it up and receives [Empty Beer Bottle: Can be used to deal some damage in melee, but will be destroyed on impact. There could be other uses. Still smells like beer.]

Ends flips through the book on the table. It's mostly full of alchemical and scientific notations that no one here can decipher, but the last page is kind of interesting:

"GS out of town, pressure's gone for a bit. Interested to see fast results, so I gave all subjects a double dose of accelerant. Might lose a few, but so what. The deaths will be painful anyway.

Clearly the Researcher respected your well-being. Ends holds on to the [Research Log] just in case he may need it.

Giggles has taken up an offensive position, eying the guard's unmentionables. But he holds back his attack. For now.

Tee just chills out, happy to be out of his cell.

Rules Update:

I mentioned before the last update that trading a key from one goblin to another would require minor actions from both. This is incorrect. You only use a minor action if you GIVE an item (or any number of items) to another goblin. Receiving an item is a free action.
Last edited by EvilCoatrack on Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Read Into Brassmoon City, a 52-turn completed prologue to EFB done entirely within 2 days.
EvilCoatrack
Keenspot Despot

Postby Aelthas on Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:21 pm

Giggles"I'll trade you the pike for the torch Krit. Or I'll just give someone else the torch. I want that Pike! Hee."
If I get it, I give Krit the torch and prepare (again) to jam the pike into the guard's nether regions.
Giggles is mean.
Giggles Incessantly
HP: 5/5
ATK: 5 (Short Blade +2, Short Blade [Offhand] +1, Short Blade Specialization +1)
DEF: 6/7 (Half-Plate Armor +3, Goblin +1, 50% chance of +1 from Leather Cap, +1 for being used to it.)
Abilities: Renew (heal 1 HP on touch as a Major Action, must wait one turn after using to use again), Dodge (15% chance to avoid melee damage)
Aelthas
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Kelvara on Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:37 pm

Evil, can I ask why I didn't get the acid potion, as I posted here that I was picking it up, and that was before Arctic did.
Kelvara
Keenspot Despot

Postby EvilCoatrack on Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:41 pm

Kelvara wrote:Evil, can I ask why I didn't get the acid potion, as I posted here that I was picking it up, and that was before Arctic did.

Yeah, that's an error, I'll edit it to fix it. In the future though, please edit your original post with your action. You posted another one below so I skipped the first when going through the order. Posting another one to say that you changed your original one is much easier to handle when I page through all the actions.
EvilCoatrack
Keenspot Despot

Postby Kelvara on Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:45 pm

Ok, I wasn't sure if you'd prefer we not edit. In the future I shall edit like mad!

Oh, and good job Vid on thinking to steal his weapon.

Vexing Solution

Minor: Grab the torch off the wall next to her.
Major: Attack the guard.

"He's defenseless, get him!"
Kelvara
Keenspot Despot

Postby Aelthas on Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:46 pm

Now that others are attacking, Giggles does too, preferably with the pike, but otherwise he uses the torch. At the same general location.
Giggles Incessantly
ATK: 5 (Short Blade +2, Short Blade [Offhand] +1, Short Blade Specialization +1)
DEF: 6/7 (Half-Plate Armor +3, Goblin +1, 50% chance of +1 from Leather Cap, +1 for being used to it.)
Abilities: Renew (heal 1 HP on touch as a Major Action, must wait one turn after using to use again), Dodge (15% chance to avoid melee damage)
Aelthas
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby EvilCoatrack on Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:50 pm

Kelvara wrote:Ok, I wasn't sure if you'd prefer we not edit. In the future I shall edit like mad!

Striking the original post works to, but it will bump your action priority down to wherever your new post is.
EvilCoatrack
Keenspot Despot

Postby Kelvara on Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:52 pm

Yeah, that's actually why I didn't edit it. I didn't want to make it look like I edited my original post to ninja it before someone else. Instead I left it there so that you could see I tried to pick it up first. If I edited it to strike it out or add something, you can't actually tell what I originally said.
Kelvara
Keenspot Despot

Postby EvilCoatrack on Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:01 pm

I don't anticipate there being many problems with it - you're all on the same side and will need to work together to succeed. If I notice someone start abusing the edit function, I'll probably do really nasty things to their character.

So, bright-line rule: Posting an action first locks your priority. You can edit that action, but if you edit it to do something that a teammate thought of later and tried to do him/her self, you risk both their ire and the wrath of the dungeon master.
EvilCoatrack
Keenspot Despot

Postby PSychotic on Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:17 pm

"Don't do, laddie! Don't give the orange landlegs the pike! Kill the guard!" With that, Scarrrgh smashes the beer bottle over the guard's head and starts cackling. "I can't wait to skin him and use him as a cape!" He raises the bottle again and just keeps killing, justs keeps killing. "Aye, I well and truly miss you Dory." he says after the guard is dead.

ACTIONS
major: attack guard with bottle
Shi' Arri, Decroi, Canton, Sicoh, Tig, Jack, and Mack.

The Dread Pirate Scarrrgh, Kobold Pirate ..... dead just like half his crew
Lisps, Goblin Defender ..... Feats: Improved Tackle 2, Tackle Stamina 2, Improved Dodging 1
That Nameless Guy, Undead Warrior ..... STR 5 DEX 3 CON 3 ..... HP ?/? ..... 4 Throwing Knives, Axe (+3), Heavy Leather Armor (5/5)
Shiny, Not So Dead Goblin ..... ATK 1 DEF 1 ..... HP 5/5
Jack-Of-All-Trades, Lucky Goblin ..... ATK 0 DEF 1 ..... HP 5/5 MP 5/5 ..... Spells: Buff/Debuff, Thief!, Acrobatic F@#king Pirouette!
Bringer-Of-New-Times, Goblin Teller ..... ATK 1 DEF 1 ..... HP 5/5 ..... Spells: Heal

Hosting a Cave of Doom
PSychotic
Keenspot Despot

Postby MadBoat on Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:38 pm

Sarus runs down stairs, grabs a torch off the wall, and then forcibly inserts it somewhere vulnerable to fire on the guard's body (do I have time for all that?)
Last Ditch Dungeon: Teller Hideous Mole SWEET GLORIOUS VICTORY!
Escape from Brassmoon: Sarus, Foe of the Floating Maw ESCAPED! WOOT!
Crappy Art Cave of Doom: Mops Up : DIED AT THE HEIGHT OF MY GLORY! HOW NOBLE!

Loot!:Herr Henry von HeffleHocken, Hobgoblin Hero
WND: 4
ATK 9: 1 (Hero) + 2 (mighty pen) + 6 (pipe of Badassery)
DEF 2: 0 (Hero) + 1 (Leprechaun Lamp) + 1 (Accounts Ledger)
FAB 14: 0 (Hero) + 4(Leprechaun Lamp) + 2 (mighty pen) + 6 (Accounts Ledger) + 2 (pipe of badassery)
Gear: s1: Leprechaun Lamp(Creates Rainbows! Creates light! 30% chance for Moar Lewt!)
s2: Pipe of Badassery (Makes you a badass! Also makes you talk like Helen Keller!)
s3 Accounts Ledger (Giant friggin' blank book! Very pretty! Contains Blank Paper Pages of Potential!"
s5: Mighty Pen( 5% chance to break swords! +1 Def against swords! Creates caligraphic characters on command!"
MadBoat
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby EvilCoatrack on Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:43 pm

MadBoat wrote:Sarus runs down stairs, grabs a torch off the wall, and then forcibly inserts it somewhere vulnerable to fire on the guard's body (do I have time for all that?)

Moving within the room is a free action.

Grabbing an item is a minor action.

Attacking is a major action.

So, yep.
EvilCoatrack
Keenspot Despot

Postby m0rtimer on Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:39 pm

Allright then

Ends

minor action: grab one of the lower torches

major action: Burninate the guard with the torch

free action: be awesome :smug:
ME JAM STICK IN STONE. ME CREATE LEVER.

goblin heroes - Completed
threads of reality - in progress
m0rtimer
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby vid20 on Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:19 am

Kritanta
Krit adjusts his body to the cumbersome weight of the pike. It is large, too large for him to use as a sneaky sneak weapon. But for now, he doesn't need to sneak, he just needs to kill. He needs to kill this guard quickly, and decisively. Examining the guard for the weakest point on his body, Krit then strikes with all his fury, fury at being caged up, fury at being experimented on, fury at losing everything in his life. Everything ever. He hears one of the Kobold's saying something about flaying him alive and wearing him as a cape. It seems like a fair deal after all these humans have done to them.
"tonight my kin and co, we take our vengeance." Says Krit as he strikes at the guard.

Minor Action
examine guard, so my blow will do as much damage as is possible

Major Action
Strike with great vengeance

OOC: I will hand over the pike next turn, but because I relinquished it from the guard, I feel it is my right to let it draw first blood in my hands.

Also, Thanks Kevlara, It was a gamble, but it paid off.
The Ratings War: Be Careful What You Wish For. A forum game that's a bit different.

Destiny of the Stonetear Clan
Wields-two-shields - Goblin maiden
HP 5/5
ATT: 3 (1 + 2 short blade)
DEF: 5 (2 + Frostward: +2 DEF Melee attacks made against the wearer have a 25% chance to freeze the attacker, making it inactive for the next turn. + 1 light wooden shield)
Back pack
skull - just be glade it's not you
Skeleton key
Leather Armor +1
Jar of Blue Energy

Escape from Brassmoon
Kritanta - kobold rogue. -died turn 135 RIP
vid20
Keenspot Despot

Postby EvilCoatrack on Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:55 am

Next update will be later than usual. I probably won't get to sit down at my computer until 8:30 or 9:00 EST, so you have an extra hour or so to work out your actions.

If everyone has posted an action by 5:00 EST, I may try to put it together on my laptop from school. No promises, though.
EvilCoatrack
Keenspot Despot

Postby LooksAndSmiles on Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:59 am

Cells

major action: If there is still space around the guard (how many of us can attack him at the same time?), Cells try to gauge one of the guards eye with the [Very Pointy Pencil].
LooksAndSmiles
Keenspot Despot

Postby EvilCoatrack on Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:05 am

LooksAndSmiles wrote: (how many of us can attack him at the same time?)

The third dimension of this room has an indefinite capacity to hold players. If I can draw you around the guy, you can attack him.
EvilCoatrack
Keenspot Despot

Postby ArcticTornado on Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:45 am

I'll be a rogue
I'll get a potion
I'll get a torch

dammit, I'm going to be the guy who never gets any equipment, aren't I?

Seeing that the guard is well and truly taken care of, Luck will stack the chair on a table and try to reach one of the higher torches.
Chief Gets to the Chopper
2/6 HP :: 0/12 Inf
4 Atk :: 5 Def

Inverted Luck
ATK: 4-6 (+2 Brakeblade, +1 Thief Blade, +0/+1 Thief Armor (25%), +0/+1 Short Blade Specialty (50%))
DEF: 6-7(+1 Goblin, +1 Thief Armor, +1 Thick Skin, +0/+1 Leather Helm (50%), +1 Iron Bracer, +1 Iron Bracer)
Pack: Very Pointy Pencil, 78 gold pieces, Leather Armor, Dagger, Challenge Note, Random Book, Short Rope
Abilities: Renew (+1 HP, Major Action, touch), Lady Luck (double % chance to most items/abilities, passive).
ArcticTornado
Keenspot Despot

Postby EvilCoatrack on Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:59 pm

Still waiting on a reply from michael7050, so I probably won't start work on the update til 8:30 or 9:00 EST.
EvilCoatrack
Keenspot Despot

Postby Kelvara on Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:01 pm

I think Michael is having some real life issues, as he's been missing updates in other games, and posted this. You may want to PM him to remind him of this game.
Kelvara
Keenspot Despot

Postby michael7050 on Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:09 pm

Nah, I'm still here, its just that I can only update at school right now.

Hmm..

Tee moves over by Luck, and tries to get the other torch. If there is time, he then attacks the guard!
ServesBeers, Owner of:
The Gobl'INN, the perfect venue to have beers, (and cider, ale etc) while you discuss the latest murders!
Find it today at Thuntworld Serial Killers! - ServesBeers is taking a vacation and apologises for any inconvienience
Stocked by: The Exalted Clan Of Brewerery -Chief - BrewsBeers,Chief Foreman - BrewsAGoodBeer,Stirrer #1 - StirsVats ,Stirrer #2 - WieldsAPaddle, Taster - GetsDrunk,Ingredients Manager - SpikesDrinks----In memory of Grim, who drew my Avatar, and abondoned this clan.
DrinksBeers, Guardian of the Twisting Falls Clan!
GoAwayIHaveAHangover, Lead Tactician of Clan MightyOak!
THE HANGOVER, Goblin Mage!
FiveMinutesLate ToTheParty - Goblin Defender!
Teetotaller , Escapee! - Died by a grisly fate. May EvilCoatrack speed him to Maglubiyets arms.
IsADrunkMage, Mage of the Catacombs! -Surivived! Now at Mud's Betting Stall!

GetsDrunkAndMakesRainbowsEverywhere, The mighty Rainbowmancer! - Abandoned by Pointsthingsout. :(

I AM FREAKIN UNBEATABLE!
- Forgath
michael7050
Keenspot Despot

Postby Aelthas on Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:47 pm

OOC: that's fair Krit, and a torch will probably give you away anyway. If you want it I'd be happy to give it, though
Giggles Incessantly
Aelthas
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby EvilCoatrack on Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:14 pm

Turn 4

The escaped prisoners take no chances with this filthy human.

Kritanta looks at the sleeping man very closely and considers multiple options before deciding that the best place to stab him would be in the face. He then goes on to stab him in the face.

Scarrrgh hits him over the head with an empty beer bottle, which shatters on impact.

Giggles shoves his torch in a particularly painful place.

Vex grabs a Torch from the wall nearby and joins the fray.

Sarus, Ends, and Tee all try to find Torches, but realize that a close inspection of the remaining light sources in the room shows two black metal bands tightly fastened around each Torch, with nails holding them in place. Tricky humans. But they show that creepy guard anyway, as they jump into the fray and beat the crap out of him with their bare hands.

Congratulations! You managed to work together as a team and defeat a single (unarmed and unarmored) Human Guard! ...while he was sleeping... after a night spent chugging cheap beer...

Hey, at least you saved him from the hangover.

The Guard drops no loot. You already stole his weapon.

Meanwhile...

Cells wants to stab the Guard's eye out with his Very Pointy Pencil, but by the time he can think to act, the others have mercilessly beaten the man to death. He decides he won't waste the pencil. Which is really pointy. He also decides it's probably a good idea to keep it away from his eyes.

Luck is feeling down on her luck, and tries to stack furniture to reach a torch. As she places the chair on the small table, however, the table shatters under the weight. The thing must have been ready to fall over! She does feel a little happier when she sorts through the wreckage and finds [Improvised Weapon – Furniture: +1 ATK. 50% chance to be destroyed on use. One-handed.], though. No other scraps from the table are salvageable.

[Torch: When lit, can be wielded in the Main Hand for +1 ATK. Can be held in the Off Hand to shed some light on the area around you. Cannot Stealth while holding. Torch is put out when carried in your pack. You will have to find a way to re-light it if you wish to reuse.]
SPOILERS:You guys didn't really think I'd let you all walk out of the first two rooms carrying six torches and a Pike, did you?
Last edited by EvilCoatrack on Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EvilCoatrack
Keenspot Despot

PreviousNext

Return to Goblins Games